New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Feast of Dust re-recruitment PF1E mid level game

Still a work in progress, but here is Shifa Alqalb. I decided that I'm not gonna be a Shabti with a Sun Falcon companion, so my previous questions are irrelevant.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Posting my interest.
    For Spheres/Akashic, is it just what's on the Spheres wiki, or would you allow material from the broader Library of Metzofitz? [I'm fine with either]

Spoiler: set 1
    Show
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[17]

Spoiler: set 2
    Show

(1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2024-05-26 at 01:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As long as I can easily and legally find it, I don't mind too much. So the Library material is allowed.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Great.

Was looking at material just from the spheres wiki, I've fallen in love with the idea of a Daevic 'Desert Witch' with the Desire Passion and Love modifier, with a monster bodyguard/companion with love redeems tropes.

This passion allow grabbing a creature at 'Up to' Cr-3 as a companion. Would this be acceptable with a balance point of Animal companions/etc. Or would this tip too far over the leadership line? I'm fine with another pic if it'd be too far over.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A CR3 creature will be okay, as it would largely just be a roleplaying tool.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

The was CR minus 3, not CR 3.
    But I'll go for it and see what I can do.

Current 'plan' is Kitsune Daevic that plays at being a witch appearance wise, but is actually of limited magic ability, using spheres and Akasha to brawl.

Spoiler: anti-double post edit hidden now it's posted
    Show
    Edit:
    I forgot how intensive various Sphere trees are.

@Paradox26: I'll repost this outside a edit if missed, but the Daevic Desire Pasion grants a bonus to enchantment SLA/Spells DCs, but Daevic doesn't grant any. Would you allow this to apply to Mind Effecting Veils? (Or, those in the Daevic list at least)

If yes, I think I'll go Base Daeva and the Feat Swap for martial sphere access, possibly faking being a little witchy with Alchemy sphere. If no I'll go back to the drawing board. I am fine with being told no.

Going to bed now because I stayed up way to late workshopping.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2024-05-26 at 06:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

WIP for Safina, daughter of a Qadiran caravan who some years ago found the veil of a slain Ashtifah. Since then she's been avoiding the nation's military, who want the thing back.

Perhaps her patron is the spirit of the witch that wore the veil previously; I haven't thought it out that much yet.

Spoiler: intro
    Show

Who knows how long the veil had been there? A year? A cycle? A King’s Age? The old woman who wore it last was a dried-out husk when Sdine found her, but that was no help – bodies could last nearly forever out here if left undisturbed.

It was not pretty. It was not luxurious. It was black and tattered and looked every bit as old as everything else in the room — and then some. But Safina found she couldn’t avert her gaze from it. Even when she closed her eyes it was there, as if she was feeling it.

She couldn’t describe the feeling, because as the youngest child of a poor family, it was unknown to her. It felt like power.

Safina sat and watched the veil for a long time. Then she closed her eyes, and when she opened them, they looked out from behind the veil.
    Last edited by Rilem; 2024-06-15 at 03:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    What are the character classes? Am at work an would help.
    So, can we get a list of the classes / roles of the current characters? From paradox or the current players themselves?
    This is to avoid stepping on any toes, and also because IIRC you prefer "traditionally balanced" parties, paradox (arcane / beatstick / divine / skillmonkey at least).
    Thanks!

edit: actually, found it myself

Player Character Race Class
    CasualViking Esmaeel Naffar Human Armiger (Stance Master) 11
    Paddywagon Man Warlish Gro-Mitt Human (Poison Minion) Kineticist 11 (VMC Sorcerer)
    Phantom Genius Bazir Sandstorm Kasatha Cleric 3 / Walker in the Wastes 8
    from this post.
    Hope that helps, paradox, saw you were looking for it too.
    Last edited by namo; 2024-05-26 at 03:38 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah I fell off there for a bit. My character is fairly far done but with the interest we have going I am not sure if I should even both posting at this point. We shall have to see I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

@Paradox26: Rules Issue/Quesstion, but the Daevic Desire Pasion grants a bonus to enchantment SLA/Spells DCs, but Daevic doesn't grant any. Would you allow this to apply to Mind Effecting Veils? (Or, those in the Daevic list at least) If Yes, would this be extendable to the Kitsune Magic trait?

If yes to the first, I think I'll go Base Daeva and the Feat Swap for martial sphere access, possibly faking being a little witchy with Alchemy sphere. If no I'll go back to the drawing board. I am fine with being told no.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks @namo. I had applied for this and another game and decided to focus on the other one since it also looked fun but it seems I was wrong. Since there is so much fighting in this one I'm leaving.
    Enjoy your game and good luck.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    The was CR minus 3, not CR 3.
    But I'll go for it and see what I can do.

Current 'plan' is Kitsune Daevic that plays at being a witch appearance wise, but is actually of limited magic ability, using spheres and Akasha to brawl.
    Ah, I understand. If it is an intrinsic class ability then I will allow it. Just don't abuse it.
    @Paradox26: Rules Issue/Quesstion, but the Daevic Desire Pasion grants a bonus to enchantment SLA/Spells DCs, but Daevic doesn't grant any. Would you allow this to apply to Mind Effecting Veils? (Or, those in the Daevic list at least) If Yes, would this be extendable to the Kitsune Magic trait?
    Yes to both.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

For Companion's, my primary interests are:
    Pairaka, CR 7 Corrupted Genie who is effectively a NE Succubus. This is my preferred from a fluff standpoint.
    Very Young Blue Dragon, CR 7 (Actually Juvenile, playing fast and loose with age through level up). A Evil Dragon, who is part wandering visitor, part lover. Less focus on the love redeems, has the benift of being able to bugger off easily for managing screen time. Also has the benefit of potentially being able to ride a dragon for a scene at level 13/14.
    Criosphynx, CR7. A Neutral Option, Large Flying Mount, Intelligent, and it's capabilities could be replicated by a Druid with a Roc companion or a player with Monsterous Mount for a Griffon, or just money for a griffon. Has the dragon's bonus points of being able to be busy elsewhere and fly in and out as preferred.

Spoiler: Long version
    Show
    Spoiler: strongly preferred. In order
    Show

Div, Pairaka: A corrupted genie bound to the emotion of lust. Are they corrupting a Daeva of Love, or is the Daeva redeeming the Div? Theoretically a flying combat tool/demon, but not used as one.

Blue Dragon, starting at Very Young but playing fast and loose with the age. Playing with Love Redeems tropes, and at the end of the campaign the option of Dragon Ridong for one level. More a mix of Familiar/friend who flies around nearby and often visits. (I would be unsurprised at no)

Spoiler: Other
    Show

Brass Dragon: Blue dragon with different alignment. If you said no to Blue then you'll probably say no here.

Criosphnx: Instead of Monterous Mount Griffon it's a Sphinx. An intelligent being, but non magical too. Lowest power end, but Theoretically a mount even if I won't use them as such. Has the benefit of being able to wander on and off screen easily as a flier like the dragons.

Rakadha, Amanusya: As Pairaka, but a corrupted spirit instead of Djini and notably worse base stats appropriate to CR 6 and having sneak attack instead of succubus abilities. Found this one first, then found out about Div's. Div lore is preferable, but this also fits 'redeeming evil outsider'.

Giant, Desert: Technically CR 9 so taking with Young Template, though I'd have their height on the borderline and loose the template on level up. (Or they appear on screen first time after level up, having been 'away'.

Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2024-05-27 at 06:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Imp

Welp, I finished my build. This is Lucien Reich, the Ultimate Spellsword.

I unfortunately had way too much free time over Memorial Weekend, and thus wound up falling back on a lot of my optimization habits as I constantly tweaked the build. The character is a bit... strong. Everything here should be 100% legal, but... I feel like I probably should have asked before giving myself 1.5x WBL for taking 2 craft feats, so to speak. At any rate, feel free to reject the character outright because of that, or any other reason.

Their damage is pretty low, though they generally rely on using Spell Combat + Spellstrike with Nature Sphere's "Destroy Element" talent. Though admittedly, this only really works for 1 attack, so the character is likely to always make use of Spell Advancing to trade their iterative attacks for more mobility.

In order to stretch their small pool of talents as far as they'd go, I felt Nature Sphere with Limited Nature/Master of Elements taken twice would probably be the best way to go. I trade away all geomancy abilities for access to all elements when using Spirit abilities. Doing things this way also allows for Expanded Knowledge to pick up other Nature spirit talents on the fly. Specifically, I was thinking about Nature Sight, which I thought would be best to share with the team via War Sphere's "Totem of Shared Sight" (which was cheaper than taking Grant Spirit twice, though slightly more limited in some ways).

Then there's the Sublime Warmage part of things. Out of combat, the character will probably stay in Elemental Flux Stance, since it gives an initiative bonus and a few other potentially interesting abilities. Once combat begins, the character will switch into the Spoils of War stance to grant the party some small (but consistent) healing. Beyond those 2 stances, the character also has 2 strikes, 2 counters and 2 boosts readied for use before he's required to recover maneuvers. There's some potential for nova-ing with Spell Combat into Martial Spellstrike, though that thing eats through arcane pool points like crazy, and I don't particularly have a huge number of them (in fact, I have much less than I normally would due to taking Bladebound and focusing on a different Favored Class Bonus than the one that grants you extra).

At any rate, that's the build. I'm proud of it, and it can do a little bit of everything, but I can definitely understand if it's a bit too much to deal with. Honestly, I just had fun building it.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I was wondering, are spheres archetypes allowed? Was going to do a acupuncturist investigator.
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

For Companion's, my primary interests are:
    Pairaka, CR 7 Corrupted Genie who is effectively a NE Succubus. This is my preferred from a fluff standpoint.
    Very Young Blue Dragon, CR 7 (Actually Juvenile, playing fast and loose with age through level up). A Evil Dragon, who is part wandering visitor, part lover. Less focus on the love redeems, has the benift of being able to bugger off easily for managing screen time. Also has the benefit of potentially being able to ride a dragon for a scene at level 13/14.
    Criosphynx, CR7. A Neutral Option, Large Flying Mount, Intelligent, and it's capabilities could be replicated by a Druid with a Roc companion or a player with Monsterous Mount for a Griffon, or just money for a griffon. Has the dragon's bonus points of being able to be busy elsewhere and fly in and out as preferred.

Spoiler: Long version
    Show
    Spoiler: strongly preferred. In order
    Show

Div, Pairaka: A corrupted genie bound to the emotion of lust. Are they corrupting a Daeva of Love, or is the Daeva redeeming the Div? Theoretically a flying combat tool/demon, but not used as one.

Blue Dragon, starting at Very Young but playing fast and loose with the age. Playing with Love Redeems tropes, and at the end of the campaign the option of Dragon Ridong for one level. More a mix of Familiar/friend who flies around nearby and often visits. (I would be unsurprised at no)

Spoiler: Other
    Show

Brass Dragon: Blue dragon with different alignment. If you said no to Blue then you'll probably say no here.

Criosphnx: Instead of Monterous Mount Griffon it's a Sphinx. An intelligent being, but non magical too. Lowest power end, but Theoretically a mount even if I won't use them as such. Has the benefit of being able to wander on and off screen easily as a flier like the dragons.

Rakadha, Amanusya: As Pairaka, but a corrupted spirit instead of Djini and notably worse base stats appropriate to CR 6 and having sneak attack instead of succubus abilities. Found this one first, then found out about Div's. Div lore is preferable, but this also fits 'redeeming evil outsider'.

Giant, Desert: Technically CR 9 so taking with Young Template, though I'd have their height on the borderline and loose the template on level up. (Or they appear on screen first time after level up, having been 'away'.

I prefer any but the dragons. Hard to wander around with a dragon and not have it be the star of the show. The genie is probably the best option, given the desert setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgressPaladin View Post
    I was wondering, are spheres archetypes allowed? Was going to do a acupuncturist investigator.
    Yes, Spheres archetypes are allowed.

Thanks for letting me know what you are thinking, Kaouse. Gives me an idea of what you can do.

I would appreciate it if everyone can give some idea of what you can do in a similar manner.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know what you are thinking, Kaouse. Gives me an idea of what you can do.

I would appreciate it if everyone can give some idea of what you can do in a similar manner.
    No problem. Shifa is a very mobile sunder build utilizing close ranged unarmed strikes to break and destroy his opponent's equipment.

He is an Unchained Monk with the Sundering Hands archetype, which trades in his FoB for the Thundering Blows ability of the Blacksmith class from Spheres. This means he deals an additional 6d6 damage on successful Sunders, deals excess damage to the wielder when he chooses to destroy an item, and may target Natural AC and Natural Weapons, dealing damage as normal and inflicting a penalty. The archetype also allows him to use his Style Strikes on any appropriate attacks instead of needing to be part of a FoB. The one I chose is Shattering Punch, which 1/round lets me bypass DR/Hardness when I attack or make a Sunder.

The archetype also gives me Adept progression in Martial talents, so I took ones that either helped my Sunder attempts or boosted my mobility, in particular I took Sudden Flank, which allows me to treat spaces I moved in as being there for Flanking, both for my allies or for myself. Another notable talent is Shattering Palm, which allows me to take an additional disarm or sunder attempt after my first successful disarm or sunder in a round, as a free action.

I took some diversity options as well, since it was mentioned that lower optimization was preferred. So I took Basic Magic Training, Advanced Magic Training and Cantrips. I took the Creation sphere with the Limited Creation: Alter drawback, thinking it would be useful to fix anything I break. And Cantrips is always a decent thing to have when you don't have a lot of magic.

Overall, I can move 80ft in a round and strike with 2 sunder attempts that do an average of 44 damage each. I still need to pick my traits, spend 9000 gp and decide on my backstory since I chose not to go with the Shabti idea I had
    Last edited by Armonia13; 2024-05-29 at 01:08 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I prefer any but the dragons. Hard to wander around with a dragon and not have it be the star of the show. The genie is probably the best option, given the desert setting.

I suppose they can be prima-donnas, thus the point about being to fly off.
    To be clear, it's a Div which are theorised to be Corrupted Genies. Regardless, it's what I wanted most so I'm happy to go.

Kinda 'blerghed' out on a stint of character building with some other applications, and from recent experience I might actually be overstating a bit. That said, build is a stealth capable Frontline fighter, who's fighting style is using Aether Wire to be a area lockdown build, using AOO and being able to maintain multiple grapples to move into a zone and lock people down so they can't do anything but get their actions interrupted, and, for up to 3, use their turn to try and break out, so they can be picked off by the rest of the party.

Being a Akasha class, instead of having a set of combat feats to use, I have a set of daily buffs I can change. Sometimes they'll be more skill based, sometimes more combat based, depends on what's expected. But mostly being a fighter with some self buffs and ranks in stealth that can be combined with Kitsune for tiny size bonus.

Edit: Edit: I have less veils than I remembered, so not that adaptable given Passion restrictions.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2024-05-29 at 10:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Whenever Cass gets a sneak attack off she gets to use Violent Display, which allows her to immediately use Dazzling Display and intimidate every enemy within thirty feet. Due to the number of ranks she has in intimidate, if I exceed the DC to demoralise a target by at least 10, it is panicked for two rounds or frightened for 1d4+1 rounds.

She also has the Double Debilitation advanced rogue trick, so whenever she gets a sneak attack off the target has a -6 penalty to attack rolls and AC against Cass and -2 for everyone else. Of course they also take a lot of damage, since at this level sneak attack is worth an additional 6d6 damage.

Basically Cass is great at shutting down single enemies and makes up for a lack of AoE by scaring the heck out of large groups so they drop everything and run.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

20. - Top - End - #50

RedWizardGuy

I'll give this a shot

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Set 1
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[18]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[12]

Set 2
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[13]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[12]

21. - Top - End - #51

RedWizardGuy

Sorry for the double post, but he's my character. Took the 18/16/15/15/12/12 rolls.

Vak Warward

He's a dwarf mystic with very good saves vs spells and SLAs, and strong saves vs poison as a result. He uses a sword and shield, no shield bashes. AC looks a bit lower than your other players but that's light armour for you, he's got a counter to block one hit pretty reliably (spellcraft as AC, can take 10 on it with Discipline Focus). His other maneuvers are a bit of damage and debuffing, all his strikes are 1 attack with rider, he's got flight, burrow and swim speeds from Enter the Vortex stance, two teleports (one with a strike, one as a move action) and a swift action for 1 round of incorporeal. There's his Glyphs, which provide a variety of buffs to himself and allies. I didn't actually focus on damage.
    His best strike would be 1d10+10 (base), +12 fire (elemental nimbus stance) +6 other (elemental flux shift, damage is old active element), +3d6 (augmenting Assay Resistance) +9d6 (augmenting Energy Hammer) +5 fire (have used Fire Glyph), 5.5+33+42=80.5 which is higher than I expected before calculating that.

I'm working on a second character if you think this one is too strong (I really just thought dwarf mystic with good saves sounded fun)
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2024-05-30 at 08:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Sadine is a pretty standard witch — plenty of debuffing, arcane support and some battlefield.control. The most significant thing about the Ashtifa archetype is the at-will Fog of War, which could be combined with Ashen Path (either from UMD or cast by party cleric) let allies see normally.

She'll also have Spirit Talker feat, giving her the options to pick up Shaman Hexes in a pinch.

Because of the pretty-much-at-will invisibility from Ashtifa, I'd considered giving her arcane trickster levels (So rogue1/Witch6/AT4 or something) but there's already a good rogue candidate.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but he's my character. Took the 18/16/15/15/12/12 rolls.

Vak Warward

He's a dwarf mystic with very good saves vs spells and SLAs, and strong saves vs poison as a result. He uses a sword and shield, no shield bashes. AC looks a bit lower than your other players but that's light armour for you, he's got a counter to block one hit pretty reliably (spellcraft as AC, can take 10 on it with Discipline Focus). His other maneuvers are a bit of damage and debuffing, all his strikes are 1 attack with rider, he's got flight, burrow and swim speeds from Enter the Vortex stance, two teleports (one with a strike, one as a move action) and a swift action for 1 round of incorporeal. There's his Glyphs, which provide a variety of buffs to himself and allies. I didn't actually focus on damage.
    His best strike would be 1d10+10 (base), +12 fire (elemental nimbus stance) +6 other (elemental flux shift, damage is old active element), +3d6 (augmenting Assay Resistance) +9d6 (augmenting Energy Hammer) +5 fire (have used Fire Glyph), 5.5+33+42=80.5 which is higher than I expected before calculating that.

I'm working on a second character if you think this one is too strong (I really just thought dwarf mystic with good saves sounded fun)
    The augments are probably unnecessary. You would be one shotting the enemies, which can get a bit boring for the rest of the party.

24. - Top - End - #54

Imp

In terms of pure damage, the highest that Lucien Reich can do is to use Martial Spellstrike in combination with Destroy Element vs a Metallic creature of Large size or smaller.

Destroy Element (Metal) deals 1d8/CL, or 11d8 damage (average 49.5) by itself, while his strongest Strike, Fetch's Wrath, deals a bonus 4d6 damage (average 14). Combine that with an Arcane Pool-buffed Black Blade (1d4+5+2+4, Average 13.5 damage), using Black Blade Strike (+3 damage), and we get a total of... 80 damage, lol.

Granted, there are a ton of caveats to this damage. Black Blade Strike uses up 1 point of the black blade's arcane pool, which it only gets 3/day at this level.

Buffing up the Black Blade with the base character's Arcane Pool uses up 1 out of Lucien's 8/day arcane pool. Note that Lucien is also capable of using his arcane pool to buff up his armor and buckler, spending an arcane point on each one. Martial Spellstrike then uses up another 2 points of this self-same arcane pool.

Lastly, Destroy Element does way less damage to non-metallic foes. Against Crystalline creatures, Destroy Element (Earth) can deal up to 11d6 damage (average 38.5), which is already 11 points less. This is also what Destroy Element (Water) can do to Plants, Oozes, and creatures with the aquatic/water subtypes. However, the damage is nonlethal to anyone not of those subtypes. Metallic creatures over Large size take only 5d8 damage (average 22.5) from Destroy Element (Metal). Non-crystaline stone creatures take only 5d6 damage (average 17.5) from Destroy Element (Earth).

After that, none of the other elements really do any direct damage. Destroy Element (Air) can cause suffocation (but from a general reading, the character affected is still allowed to hold their breath... somehow). Destroy Element (Plant) can cause 1d4+2 (average 4.5) Constitution damage, which is only -2 HP/HD... but is still probably the best option against most living creatures. And Destroy Element (Fire) doesn't really deal damage at all, can't be used with Spellstrike, and is more of a cone-shaped Glitterdust than anything else (though that's actually really useful utility in a single talent, IMHO).

So yeah, I guess Lucien Reich can reach similar damage numbers to Vak, though only in very specific conditions against very specific opponents, and only with significant setup + resource expenditure. In most situations, his damage would probably be fairly mediocre, if not somewhat below average. But that's probably overshadowed by his tremendous defensive prowess and insane skill checks that make him difficult to deal with and balance in a party without wrecking the curve for everyone else.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Let's try a desert druid build.

Spoiler: set 1
    Show

(1d8)[7]
    (1d8)[8]
    (1d8)[8]
    (1d8)[8]
    (1d8)[7]
    (1d8)[7]
    (1d8)[3]

Spoiler: set 2
    Show

(1d8)[5]
    (1d8)[2]
    (1d8)[3]
    (1d8)[3]
    (1d8)[5]
    (1d8)[2]
    (1d8)[7]

EDIT:
    Set 1 it will be

EDIT2: Paradox: can I take a subdomain of any of the domains for my nature bond? Thinking about the Feather subdomain of Animal https://www.aonprd.com/DomainDisplay...temName=Animal
    Last edited by farothel; 2024-06-02 at 06:22 AM.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That will be fine.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I’m going to have to have some more time to work on my sheet, as I finished building my character, but the damage numbers were too high, at around 130 damage a round.
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, that is on the high side. I have yet to set a due date, but I can wait until people are finished.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Here's Nadeen.

She's a control mage-type character focusing on mind-affecting effects, debuffing, and a bit of buffing. She can also dip into other roles as an auxiliary character, depending on what veils she's shaping today.

Spoiler: Nadeen's Backstory
    Show
    Nadeen is the daughter of Zafiya al-Riyah, the Jaathoom vizier of Zho Mountain, and one of her mortal lovers. As one of the community leaders of the hidden genie kinds and genies community in the mountains, Zafiya commands resources unmatched by most mortals and is perhaps one of the wealthiest individuals in Qadira, mortals or otherwise, with the family size to match.

Nadeen grew up with numerous half brothers and sisters, many of whom she wasn't familiar with, and a doting yet distant parent. Even a being as powerful as Zafiya would be hard-pressed to have time for all of her offspring. One must be exceptional at something relevant to her to command her attention.

Nadeen is well aware of this fact and has taken it upon herself from a young age to take a small part of Zafiya's wealth and make it her own. The Meraz Desert is not many people's idea to start a fortune. However, Nadeen saw many things buried under the surface that could fetch a fortune, including antique magical curiosities and the spices grown in various settlements.

Through deals, connections, and more than a few tomb raiding, Nadeen turned two decades of her life - relatively short for a genie kind - into a lucrative business of caravan trading based around the Meraz Desert. Nadeen settled in Heger City as a base of her operations and had built up quite the portfolio with many of Meraz's oasis nobles.

However, not all are as smooth sailing as she would have liked. Lately, a mysterious plague seemingly originated from deep within the Desert claimed the lives of many of her caravan employees. In another seemingly unrelated incident, she lost contact with a party of adventurers she contracted to investigate a newly discovered Meraz ruins.

Determined to get to the bottom of this salvo of rotten luck, Nadeen took it upon herself to investigate these incidents. Her efforts started in Dimayen, where the deaths originated, though they stalled because the authorities were similarly at a loss to where the plague originated. She hoped the nobles had more stories to tell her.

Her claim to fame is the upward DC of ~30ish on Mind Control with power points and veils. She can also delete bonuses to will saves occasionally, so that might result in a quantitatively higher DC than that sometimes. She also has a lot of staying power resources-wise thanks to the augment discount on Akashic Focus.

Defensively, she can innately fly thanks to the Djinni's Turban veil on her racial feature. That also gives her a 50% miss chance on ranged attacks targeting her. Her AC is a high-end estimate, but Force Screen only lasts for minutes per cast, and any points boosting her AC are points taken from upgrading her DC. damages, and skill bonuses.

Out of combat, she can act as the go-to skill girl (social skills and knowledge skills mainly) by shaping skill-boosting veils and using certain powers. She also has attitude-shifting powers, so she'd be a great party face.

She's not doing so hot on her damage. She can contribute via prep and casting an Empower + Maximized Mind Thrust for 5d10*1.5 = 75 damage, but that's mind-affecting (meaning it just doesn't work on certain enemies), Will negates (not even half damage), and the equivalent of a 7th-level spell (meaning she can't use it too often).

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Considering a few things.

(1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[11]

(1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[13]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[13]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    Last edited by grumblyarcher; 2024-06-04 at 07:27 AM.