New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,283 of 1283
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Vernalize ggg
    Instant- common

Put 3 +1/+1 counters on Target Creature.

Watermark- Simic

///

Fertilize ggg
    Instant- common

Search your library for a land card and put it into play. Then shuffle.

Watermark- Selesnya
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Ur'Dragon's Summons WUBRG
    Sorcery
    Search your library for up to four Dragon cards that do not share a color with each other. If you do, reveal those cards. An opponent chooses three of them. Exile the chosen cards and put any remaining onto the battlefield under your control, then shuffle.
    //
    Palace of the Ur-Dragon
    Land
    As Palace of the Ur-Dragon enters the battlefield, you may pay 3 life. If you don't, it enters the battlefield tapped.
    T: Add one mana of any color.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2024-05-22 at 09:53 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

Still Life - WG
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Permanent
    Enchanted permanent loses all abilities and is a colorless artifact with, "T: Add one mana of any color."
    //
    Older Work - 3
    Artifact - U
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-05-22 at 08:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: JNAProductions
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Five Suns Of Phyrexia (W/2P)(W/P)(U/2P)(U/P)(B/2P)(B/P)(R/2P)(R/P)(G/2P)(G/P)
    Legendary Artifact

Creatures you control gain +2/+2, and creatures your opponents control get -2/-2.
    Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana of any type that land produced. Whenever an opponent taps a land for mana, that land doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
    Creature you control have Haste. Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature.
    At the beginning of your end step, draw seven cards. Each opponent's hand size is reduced by seven.

(Color/2P) may be paid for with one mana of the appropriate color or two generic Phyrexian mana-four life, if the generic cost is paid with life.
    This card's CMC is 15.

The Blind Eternities Open 10CCCCC
    Legendary Enchantment

When you cast this spell, destroy target permanent, target player draws four cards, and you take an extra turn after this one.

You may cast Eldrazi spells as though they had Flash.
    Whenever an Eldrazi creature you control deals damage to an opponent, they sacrifice that many permanents.
    Eldrazi you control have Hexproof and cannot be blocked from each CMC among colorless permanents you control.
    These are very strong and flavorful cards. FSoP is walking the line between being incredibly strong and just saying "you win", TBEO needs the cast trigger or an Eldrazi deck, which ties it more to the type. They both have ok costs for how strong they are in a normal game, (Even at a cheaper price, WUBRG and 10 life is asking a lot) although FSoP is going to be way too strong in commander, mainly for the blue effect. My other concern with this is that FSoP will be cheated out. TBEO avoids most of that with the cast effect and needing other Eldrazi, but it might still be strong in a Jodah commander desk or something. FSoP is nice as a callback card to the Praetors, and TBEO hits that Eldrazi note of "Everything just became terrible".

Spoiler: ben-zayb
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Mogra, Justice Revealed WR
    Legendary Creature - Cat Noble Warrior R
    Defender, first strike, lifelink
    Whenever a nontoken creature dies, investigate. For each player that commited a crime or cast a plotted spell this turn, ~ deals damage equal to its power to them.
    2/2
    //
    Mogra, Ambition Concealed 3WB
    Legendary Creature - Cat Noble Rogue
    First strike, lifelink
    1, Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature, then create a Treasure token if you commited a crime or cast a plotted spell this turn. Activate only once each turn.
    Cards you plot are exiled face down and can be cast as though they had flash.
    2/2
    This is a cool top-down design, the only improvement I could see from a flavor perspective is that the front seems like it should be a Detective. The front side is nasty in Aristoc(r)ats or other decks with sacrifice outlets, or if you can play a boardwipe at the right time. Defender with those stat is a bit odd, and I'm not sure if it can go in a deck that isn't built around it. The back side needs a plot-heavy deck to make up for its small body for the cost. I see what you're going for with the sacrifice ability, but I think it needs to be multiple times a turn, or to have a bigger crime payoff, even if it can generate its own crimes by pumping enemy creatures. I also think there's a memory/cheating concern with plotting face down. All the other abilities that let you do something like that have a fixed cost, because if someone plots a card face down by paying WUG and then flips it up four turns later and it plots for 3G, it's going to be hard to catch. This reminds me of the Timeshifted Crovax, showing two different paths this noble could take.

Spoiler: Feathersnow
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Vernalize ggg
    Instant- common

Put 3 +1/+1 counters on Target Creature.

Watermark- Simic

///

Fertilize ggg
    Instant- common

Search your library for a land card and put it into play. Then shuffle.

Watermark- Selesnya
    I always like a tight common design, and this is really the two sides of green instants/sorceries. GGG costs make the a little awkward in draft, it would really have to be a set with a mono-color theme. (Which makes the watermarks out of place.) Vernalize is great, maybe a little weak if it didn't have flexibility, but great with it. Fertilize is harder to judge. It's not color fixing with a GGG cost, so it must be ramp. It's not restricted to basics and gets the land untapped which might be a problem in eternal formats where there are some crazy lands. I think it's ok in limited though. I think it would be better as GG for any tapped basic. This is a really elegant design and well-done rhyming names.

Spoiler: mystic1110
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Ur'Dragon's Summons WUBRG
    Sorcery
    Search your library for up to four Dragon cards that do not share a color with each other. If you do, reveal those cards. An opponent chooses three of them. Exile the chosen cards and put any remaining onto the battlefield under your control, then shuffle.
    //
    Palace of the Ur-Dragon
    Land
    As Palace of the Ur-Dragon enters the battlefield, you may pay 3 life. If you don't, it enters the battlefield tapped.
    Five-color Dragons is fun and splashy, and this does it in two ways. I think the color-based requirement on the Summons isn't the best way to do this, because it makes you not want to play multicolor dragons, which is half the fun of playing five-color dragons. It also makes colorless dragons much better. The Palace is a super-charged shock land. It doesn't have the basic types, but it's always the land you want, which I think is a bit too good. These are clearly Ur-Dragon cards though.

Spoiler: Dr.Gunsforhands
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Still Life - WG
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Permanent
    Enchanted permanent loses all abilities and is a colorless artifact with, "T: Add one mana of any color."
    //
    Older Work - 3
    Artifact - U
    Good flavor tying the sides together, it's Imprisoned in the Moon or a mana rock. Even with them getting a rock out of it, removing any permanent for two mana is maybe a bit too good. Still life is a perfect name, but I think Older Work could have a better art reference for a name. I like that the front is all colored cost, so it's harder to cast, and the back is color fixing if you are missing one of your colors. Simple effects, I think they're both solid examples of what fits at uncommon and the theme's strong enough that I can imagine the art this would get.

Spoiler: Winner
    Show
    This week, I have to give it to Dr.Gunsforhands. It was a pretty simple design, but I could just picture holding this card in my hands so easily.
    Last edited by TiaC; 2024-05-27 at 01:50 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Dwarf in the Playground

heres a too-late submission

First U
    Instant
    Draw a card.
    Reveal the top card of your library.
    //
    Last 1BB
    Sorcery
    Target creature and any creatures that share a name with it gets -5/-5 until the end of the turn.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

Hooray! You're probably right about Still Life being too strong on the front. For one thing, it shouldn't hit lands, because that would make it a landscape.

This week: Make a card based on something smelling really good or really bad!

7. - Top - End - #1267

[Wafting Pie][1W]
    Artifact Food (C)
    [T. {2}, Sacrifice this Artifact]: You gain 3 life.
    [T] Target nonartifact creature has Flying until the end of your turn.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Freshly Mown Grass GG

Instant U

You may sacrifice a plains rather than pay this spell's mana cost.

Jumpstart (you may cast this spell from your graveyard by discarding a card in addition to its other costs. If you do, exile it.

Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Do corpses count?

Anima Distiller 2BG
    Creature - Frog Artificer U
    Devoid
    Deathtouch
    Morbid — At the beginning of each end step, if a creature died this turn, create a colorless artifact token named Perfume with "When this artifact enters the battlefield, exile target creature card in a graveyard that was put there from the battlefield this turn." and "T, Sacrifice this artifact: For each of the exiled card's color, add one mana of that color."
    2/3
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2024-05-29 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Too much of a good thing

Dazzling Fragrance 1UW
    Artifact U
    T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
    At the beginning of your upkeep remove a +1/+1 counter from each creature with 2 or more +1/+1 counters on it. Put a stun counter on each creature that had any counters removed this way.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Troll in the Playground

Irresistible Perfume W
    Instant
    Target creature gains provoke until end of turn.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2024-05-30 at 11:43 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1272

This is a modal double-faced card.

Enticing Scent G
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant creature
    All creatures able to block enchanted creature that are not assigned to block another creature must block enchanted creature.
    //
    Foul Stench B
    Instant C
    All creatures blocking or blocked by target creature get -1/-1 until end of turn.

A sort of lesser Lure.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ettin in the Playground

One more day to judge time!

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Ironsmith Pie
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Wafting Pie][1W]
    Artifact Food (C)
    [T. {2}, Sacrifice this Artifact]: You gain 3 life.
    [T] Target nonartifact creature has Flying until the end of your turn.
    Nice! I can get behind the flavor on this. When you say, 'your turn,' it makes me wonder whether you meant for this to only work during your turn? As it is, this is often close to just giving your team flying.

Spoiler: Feathersnow Grass
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Freshly Mown Grass GG

Instant U

You may sacrifice a plains rather than pay this spell's mana cost.

Jumpstart (you may cast this spell from your graveyard by discarding a card in addition to its other costs. If you do, exile it.

Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
    I would think that the mown grass would be easier to walk over. The smell that's so calming it causes a cease fire works well here.

Spoiler: ben-zayb anima
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Do corpses count?

Anima Distiller 2BG
    Creature - Frog Artificer U
    Devoid
    Deathtouch
    Morbid — At the beginning of each end step, if a creature died this turn, create a colorless artifact token named Perfume with "When this artifact enters the battlefield, exile target creature card in a graveyard that was put there from the battlefield this turn." and "T, Sacrifice this artifact: For each of the exiled card's color, add one mana of that color."
    2/3
    Yes. Yes they do. Turning a corpse into perfume is a fun shtick for a villain. "You'll smell exactly like this one celebrity!"

The token feels a bit needlessly complicated, but I get that the token has to do the exiling for the exiled card to stick to it. I'm not sure what you were trying to get across by using Devoid and Morbid together. Are the eldrazi known for their frog artificer necromancers?

Spoiler: Quiddle counters
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Too much of a good thing

Dazzling Fragrance 1UW
    Artifact U
    T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
    At the beginning of your upkeep remove a +1/+1 counter from each creature with 2 or more +1/+1 counters on it. Put a stun counter on each creature that had any counters removed this way.
    This is some effective +1/+1 counter hate. It looks like the idea is that one counter smells good, but two or more makes them choke and gag until it goes away. That's neat, and your own team can get around it by having things that only have one counter, or that have vigilance.

Yet, it still feels off to me. +1/+1 counters represent so many different things that asking for a consistent theme to them is a fool's errand, I know, but Dazzling Fragrance still feels mismatched, I guess.

Spoiler: mystic1110 perfume
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Irresistible Perfume W
    Instant
    Target creature gains provoke until end of turn.
    Bringing back provoke, using the theme of the even older Lure effects. I'm here for it. I assume this is a common.

Spoiler: TiaC x2
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TiaC View Post
    This is a modal double-faced card.

Enticing Scent G
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant creature
    All creatures able to block enchanted creature that are not assigned to block another creature must block enchanted creature.
    //
    Foul Stench B
    Instant C
    All creatures blocking or blocked by target creature get -1/-1 until end of turn.

A sort of lesser Lure.
    This reminds me of a Golgari card from the original Ravnica block. Gaze of the Gorgon, I think.

Scent Stench is a great card for the challenge, hitting both sides and doing a great job on flavor for both.

Side A is a unique effect! It gives up one of Lure's uses, which is to be a decoy so the rest of your team can attack unimpeded, but lets you have the other use, mass provoke, as long as it attacks alone. It would fit in a set that uses the Exalted mechanic. Being this conditional isn't as bad because it has an alternate mode...

Side B is just Flanking, I think? It took me a second to realize it wasn't an aura like side A. This could have been fine as a split card, since side A usually involves trading your creature anyway. I'd probably have preferred it that way. Two-sided cards at common still feel like a lot of finagling with sleeves to me, and it would be very easy to avoid in this case.

This week's winner is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feathersnow with Freshly-Mown Grass!

15. - Top - End - #1275

The only reason I didn't do a split card is that I couldn't come up with a "X (and) Y" card name that fit the pun format used for split cards.

Side B isn't quite flanking, it also works when blocking.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Okay- I am inspired by my submission to give the following prompt-

A pitch card (i.e, a card that can be cast for either a mana cost or a non-mana cost) that has the alternative cost require you play a different color than the mana cost.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Final Destination 3WW
    Sorcery R
    Foretell UUBB
    This spell has split second and can be cast as though it had flash if it was foretold.
    Destroy all creatures. If this spell was foretold, put a finality counter on them, then destroy them instead.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2024-06-06 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

Ecstatic Ritual - 2R
    Sorcery - R
    You may sacrifice two multicolored permanents rather than pay Ecstatic Ritual's mana cost.
    Add WUBRG.

Spoiler
    Show
    Passionate Bite - 1G
    Instant - U
    If Passionate Bite targets an untapped red or white creature you control, you may tap that creature rather than pay Passionate Bite's mana cost.
    Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature or planeswalker you don't control.

Scavenger Spider - 2G
    Creature - Spider C
    You may exile a creature card with flying from your graveyard rather than pay Scavenger Spider's mana cost.
    Reach
    -
    "Three second rule!"
    "That crow has been moldering in a filthy ditch for over two hours."
    "Three hour rule!"

1/4

Force of Gravity - 1GG
    Instant - R
    You may exile a creature card with flying from your hand or a creature with flying you control rather than pay Force of Gravity's mana cost.
    Choose one -
    - Destroy target artifact.
    - Destroy target enchantment.
    - Destroy target creature with flying.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-06-15 at 11:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1279

[Leafshroud Husk][2G]
    A seemingly peaceful forestscape is disrupted by a portion of the leaf-strewn ground being lifted up by a set of arachnid legs.
    Creature - Spider Zombie (U)
    Flash
    Unearth BB
    5/2
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

20. - Top - End - #1280

Stormborn Raptor 2GG
    Creature - Dinosaur U
    Trample, Haste
    Dash tap three untapped red creatures you control
    4/4

Spoiler: Misread the prompt
    Show
    Journey to Enlightenment 4WU
    Instant U
    You may cast this spell for B if it targets a creature you control.
    Exile target creature.
    Draw two cards
    Last edited by TiaC; 2024-06-11 at 03:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Colossus in the Playground

Inevitable Elemental WW
    Creature-Elemental

Plot: Exile three black cards from your graveyard
    Flash, Indestructible

As Inevitable Elemental enters the battlefield, you get an Emblem with "At the end of your turn, remove one Doom counter from yourself. Then, if you have no Doom counters, you lose the game."
    When Inevitable Elemental enters the battlefield, if you have no Doom counters on you, place six Doom counters on yourself.

8/8
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2024-06-11 at 12:52 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Null-Ritual Guardian 2W

Creature - Aetherborn Warrior R

Vigilance, Ward 1

Spells cannot have their cost reduced. Players cannot cast spells if no mana would be spent to cast them.

RR, Discard this card: Counter any number of target spells if no mana was spent to cast them.

2/3
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2024-06-08 at 11:52 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Pixie in the Playground

Spectral Shift
    3U // 2B

Sorcery - Uncommon

Exile a creature card from your graveyard. You may return that card to the battlefield under your control tapped.