New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default People are not what they seem [small rule question]

Given that a character has the appropriate Field of Knowledge, what would you say is the appropriate DC for determining the true nature of a newly formed wererat in humanoid form?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: People are not what they seem [small rule question]

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkmundur View Post
    Given that a character has the appropriate Field of Knowledge, what would you say is the appropriate DC for determining the true nature of a newly formed wererat in humanoid form?
    I'd say DC 10. If the character has a field of knowledge for it... and suspects Bob may be visiting the sewers late at night for some weird reason... I'd say no more than 10.

I believe in DMG or PHB (where ever it states it), DC 10 was the "easy" roll.
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkmundur View Post
    Do your wererats have distinctive characteristics, like in classical folklore? Unibrows, pinkies longer than their ring fingers, etc.? If so I'd say it's automatic if the PC already suspects (next time you see him, you check his pinkies and unibrow, check and check) and maybe a DC 15 check to spontaneously realize the truth every time you interact with the NPC, even if you aren't looking.

A wererat-obsessed PC would just know, but a wizard who mostly thinks about elementals and demons and his latest spell research would have to be somewhat lucky to have werewolves on the mind when he sees the NPC, so that luck is what rolling represents.

4. - Top - End - #4

PaladinGuy

Now with a twist.

If a player is a wererate, how would I roll for NPCs? Insight vs.?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Insight vs passive deception.
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika