New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah.

"You know, Zuzu, I might just be able to help there. While a may not be a gourmet chef, I'm more than a bit experienced at cooking and preparing the spoils of a hunt. While I must admit, I'm not extremely experienced with cooking up toads, that's merely a result of me not finding many large enough to be eaten. So while I may not know much about cooking toads, I'd certainly enjoy the chance to learn.

Though I must admit, I would be a bit disappointed. Most of my prey, I've actually hunted down myself. Preparing food from something I didn't track and chase myself just isn't the same. However, if I happen to be lucky enough to find a toad trying to run away, then that could make a fine hunt there. For a minute or two, at any rate."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    If this comes down to Intimidation checks, Arkhen's just Helping Zuzu.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

Jutta crushes the bone she was chewing on in her teeth and drops it in the mud. "As much as I'd like to try toad twice the size of a turkey, this is cannibalism. What's the harm in letting them go even if they refused our offer? If they come back I'll rip them to shreds." She takes another bone out of her pack (from the elephant you killed at one of the checkpoints, though it happened off-post), and begins to chew on it.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-02-11 at 01:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

We are not toads, so it is not cannibalism. It is simply the law of nature. The weak are the food of the strong. Or do you doubt they will do the same to us given a chance?

Internally, the child seethes at the wolf woman inserting herself into his attempt to intimidate, and making a fine mess of it.

He secretly hopes the toad will resent his insinuation that the toad was weak (come to think about it, what was the creature's name again? Didn't it pop into his mind when he cloned it?) and inadvertently divulge information in its anger.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-02-11 at 01:29 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1054

"Let me guess, Jutta: you grew up in a town or city, spent mosr of your life in one, didn't often find yourself having to survive in a harsher place than that. Tell me, is any of what I said incorrect?"

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

"Kid, if that was true you would have died ages ago. I could kill you right now." She says, still chewing on the bone. She then turns to Arkhen and shakes her head. "Nope. See, I was raised by wolves."

You never heard the name of the toadfolk.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-02-11 at 01:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1056

"Then you should know better, Jutta. You shouldn't be naive enough to get this concerned over something that really doesn't matter. When you're a hunter, anything you can catch is your prey.

But I suppose it's wrong to judge your experiences by my own. I suppose it's not your fault you didn't grow up in a nomadic tribe, one that would be desperate to get even a pinch of the food most people get. It's not your fault that you didn't have to spend your entire life working as hard as physically possible, just to keep from being seen as food by your own people. It's not your fault you didn't have to literally sell your soul just to be able to help your people.

So, I'll try not to judge your experiences by my own. But please, when we're discussing something like this, let the experienced huntress do the talking.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, at least YOU had parents. While it is correct that I never asked questions about where my food came from to my family, you can't be agreeing with Zuzu on this one. These are clearly sentient creatures and can speak common and this weird croaking language. Do you want me to kill you right now?"

"Also, 'Experienced Huntress'? I killed my first rabbit at 5. I hardly believe that you hurt a fly until you were big enough to pull a shortbow's string back enough to shoot an arrow 5 feet."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-02-11 at 01:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1058

"Parents, huh? I suppose I did have them, but as they died at best a few months after my birth, I don't think I did in quite the way you meant. I grew up an orphan, with none of my tribe willing to even go near me for longer than they had to. Side effect of being one of the few people who survived getting infected by a disease that wiped out half the tribe - you're not exactly particularly trusted after that. Almost everything I know, I had to teach myself. In fact, beyond the first couple years, I practically raised myself. I taught myself to hunt, to fight, even a small amount of magic. You're right, though, that I only picked up my bow recently. After all, the only thing they were willing to spare for me was a knife, and not even much of one at that. Wasn't easy learning to hunt with it, but it taught me some valuable skills.

And don't even try to claim you have more experience than me. You're really just embarassing yourself. Sure, you spent most of your life hunting. I spent all of mine. And, as a side effect of some of the things I had to do, I've got a bit more than just my own experience. Specifically, I carry a few millenia's worth of memories and experience of the Hunt with myself. Can you match that?

And yes, I know that the toad is a sentient being. I know that I can actually talk to it. That's no different than any of my other prey. Do you know how difficult it can be trying to hunt a deer, when you and it have actually had a conversation in the past?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Alright, the bit about the millenia of memories and experiences is a bit of an exaggeration, based off of her pact with the Wild Hunt. Beyond that, though, she's being completely honest.
    Last edited by Sicarius Victis; 2017-02-11 at 02:27 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

"... No, I guess I wouldn't know that. You're right, I wouldn't know what it means to socialize with something and then slaughter them. It's your own fault for talking to it, if hunting is that important to you."

She transforms into wolf-form. It looks bigger than before, like a dire wolf. For a moment, you feel like you are in the presence of a huge wild beast. "How about we just sleep on it. We're probably all tired from today. If we're attacked in our sleep I'll be the first to notice, you know, with my superior hearing and smell."

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    "... No, I guess I wouldn't know that. You're right, I wouldn't know what it means to socialize with something and then slaughter them. It's your own fault for talking to it, if hunting is that important to you."
    "Heh. I don't hunt by choice, you know. After the things I've had to go through to become what I am, the Hunt will always call me back, whether I like it or not.

And I have to talk to them. Distancing myself can't help anything, and will do nothing but make me into something I'd rather not become."

She transforms into wolf-form. It looks bigger than before, like a dire wolf. For a moment, you feel like you are in the presence of a huge wild beast. "How about we just sleep on it. We're probably all tired from today. If we're attacked in our sleep I'll be the first to notice, you know, with my superior hearing and smell."
    "If we plan to just rest, I'd suggest re-restraining the toads. We can decide what to do with them in the morning.

I'm relatively rested right now, so I can take watch. It's no use being able to notice them if none of us are awake enough to do anything. And while you may be superior in hearing and smell, I have more than a few tricks of my own up my sleeve."

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jutta may talk big about her abilities, but Zuzu knows from experience--he's watched her in combat a few times already--and what he saw was underwhelming. Not wishing to be brought down by her hubris, the boy volunteers to take first watch over the now re-restrained toadfolk.

During his watch, he digs into his backpack, and offers to feed the other toad, who was calmer than the other boastful one whose face he cloned, with a ration pack and a drink of water.

The only explanation he offers is a mental whisper. You seem calmer and more reasonable than your fellow warrior. You were only defending your home, so I have no real quarrel with you. I'm Zuzu. What's your name?
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-02-11 at 03:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zanan takes one of the proffered crossbows and sets up watch with Zuzu. He'll pass the crossbow off to whoever is on watch next, then climb up a tree to sleep on a branch.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

"M-my name's Cornelius. I was just following Goliath's orders. Goliath's the other guy you're talking about. He's usually real strong but he was taken down just after me! You don't seem like bad people, so I'll warn you: If Commander Hibiscus finds you it's all over. He can use the magic of the wilderness!"

Jutta's and Rashad's watch is right after Zanan's.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-02-11 at 05:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

All throughout his watch, the boy continues to feed Cornelius, while soaking up every bit of information the toadfolk would care to offer. How was life in the swamp? What do they do for fun? How is it that can they move like ninjas? What are Cornelius' hopes and dreams? Is it true that their young hatch from eggs, and grow into tadpoles? Each and every tidbit, the young academic would file into his mind for safekeeping. Think of the research papers he can write on the ecology of the toadfolk! It would be a coup of sorts to gain such insight into the lives of such mysterious denizens of the swamp!

After his watch, the boy gamely climbs Zanan's tree and goes to sleep beside him.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Zanan
    Show
    You wake. You are being carried overhead, tied, by two reptilian creatures, who are each holding you by your legs and arms. Nearby are four others, one carrying Zuzu and two carrying Ornug, who is tied up. The sixth is ahead, holding a long stick and has a longer neck than the others. They have shells on their backs.

Spoiler: Zuzu
    Show
    You wake. Your ankle hurts, and you are being carried over the shoulder by some reptilian creature. Nearby are five others, two each carrying a tied up Zanan and Ornug. The sixth is ahead, holding a long stick and has a longer neck than the others. They have shells on their backs.

Spoiler: Sarissa
    Show
    You wake next to Jutta, who is uninjured. She is holding an injured reptilian creature limply by its neck. It's covered in bite and claw marks, and wears a shell. The two toadfolk that you captured are no longer there.

Spoiler: Ox
    Show
    You wake on a mat. Humanoid creatures are walking around around you. One comes close enough for you to see them. It has green scaly skin and yellow spines down its back. It walks away and comes back with another creature, this one with red and brown scales.

Spoiler: Arkhen
    Show
    You wake in a tent, tied to a pole, next to Rashad, who is in a very similar situation except that he is covered in injuries while you are uninjured.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu tries to take stock of things, only barely able to suppress a sense of panic and remain limp. Why does his ankle hurt? In what way does it hurt? Is the hurting from someone twisting it, or from someone carrying him upside down by the ankles?
    Now Playing

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

Your ankle has been twisted.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-02-12 at 04:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1068

I assume that, as I'm tied up, I am completely unable to use spells with somatic components, correct? Or is the rope unrestrictive enough for me to move about that much?

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Since he cannot easily run away, Zuzu decides to play dead for now.

The boy wonders how the heck can his ankle be twisted without him waking up in pain. How???

Spoiler
    Show
    General Intelligence check: (1d20+5)[10]
    Now Playing

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui, in her black as night robes, walks over to the waking outsider ((Ox)). She looks down at him and adjusts her pointy black hat mostly as an excuse to buy herself the moment of time needed to push herself into actually speaking to the creature whose kind have so far been a mystery seen at a distance for her. She gives him a toothy smile. Or is maybe baring her teeth at him. It's not really clear. After a longer than normal pause for that to sit in she says in pretty good common, "You are uninjured. Your others were taken by toads or turtles. You will come with us. Our leader wishes you for something. Your weapons were not taken from you. You will not use them while you still want to live. Get up, we will go soon. Water." As she finishes speaking she holds out a waterskin to Ox. Whether he takes it or not she continues, "I am Altiui. I am curious. Who and what kind are you?" With this she goes back to..... smiling(???).

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zanan wakes up and looks around. Captured by the turtles, he thinks to himself. This is so cool; it's just like in the stories! A real adventure! Uh oh, where's Zu?

He looks around for the kid to make sure he's OK. Seeing Zuzu tied up and unconscious, his fears abscond.

As he's carried, he tries to remember what the heroes in the storybooks did in such situations.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Zanan
    Show
    In the stories that you remember, the heroes usually stayed quiet and then outwitted the turtles.

Spoiler: Zuzu
    Show
    You have no idea what they could have done to twist your ankle without waking you.

Spoiler: Arkhen
    Show
    Yes, you can still speak. Your hands are tied tightly though.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

[ooc]Sorry, I wasn't expecting a reply to my last post. It was just filler and telling the story of what's going on in Zanan's mind. For now, there is nothing he can do until they get to their destination.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Colossus in the Playground

Show
    Hm. Jutta-do you have any idea where the rest of our group went?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "They attacked us in the night. The toads came and took Arkhen and Rashad. Too bad for Rashad he put up a fight, he got very injured. I got this turtle thing. Six others of them took three of us, I don't know which ones, and Ox was taken by a few Lizardfolk. They seemed to be scared away by me. The toads went northwest, the turtles went northeast, and the lizards went east. They couldn't have gotten far in just 6 hours. What do we do with this one?" she says, gesturing to the Turtle she's holding by its neck.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    As she finishes speaking she holds out a waterskin to Ox. Whether he takes it or not she continues, "I am Altiui. I am curious. Who and what kind are you?" With this she goes back to..... smiling(???).

Spoiler: Ossian "Ox"
    Show
    Name: Ossian "Ox"
    Race: Half-elf

48 yrs, 6'2", 200 lbs, grey/red hair, blue eyes, sunburned skin
    Class: Fighter1/Rogue 2
    Subclass:
    Background: Folk Hero:
    Spoiler: Backstory/Defining Event
    Show
    The girl screamed while the soldiers laughed.
    He's forgotten so much, but he could remember that.
    He didn't understand.
    When the Queens soldiers took Paw away, Ma said Paw "was going to the Queen to be a hero", but they were hurting her! Heroes didn't do that!
    Ma said that he was as strong as Paw now, maybe stronger, even though he didn't have a beard yet.
    Ma said he needed to do what Paw used to, cut the tree's, dig the wells, and when the time came slaughter the pigs. With axe, hammer and shovel he would swing his arms and do what Ma said.
    Ma said "Ossian, you listen now to your cousin Gwen, she's got a good head".
    Maw was the only one who called him "Ossian", everyone else called him "Ox".
    Gwen was screaming!
    Maw said "you need to do what your Paw would do".
    Paw was a hero.
    So he swung his arms.
    The soldiers stopped laughing, but Gwen still screamed.
    "You've got to run Ox, they'll kill you"! "Run far, go to the rebels".
    So he ran.
    He ran far and met the rebels.
    They gave him a sword.
    And he did what they told him.

He swung his arms.

While life on the farm was hard, life in the forest was worse. For years they snipped at the Queen's men and hid and waited, till enough of the people knew that the time had come. Buried under homes, and hidden in wells and the walls of cottages were long stored weapons.
    Out they came, by the thousands, and they marched on the capitol.

To defeat the tyrant.

And by the thousands they were slaughtered.

The brave and the good died.

Ox tore off the crimson flower of the rebels, ran and survived.

The gallow men had much work to do.

The walls of the capitol were decorated with the heads of rebels, as were the crossroads of the country, and every village square, to remind the foolish.

For years the heads rotted.

So much he has forgotten.
    But he remembered somethings.
    He remembered Maw's, Paw's, and Gwen's faces.
    Now when he looked into the water he saw Paw's face, but Paw's beard was never grey was it?
    He remembered that they called him "hero" once, now if anyone used that word about him they put "was a" in front of it.
    He remembered he used to be strong.
    He was still strong, but not like he was.
    And he remembered the Queen.
    And he remembered her hunters, who were now her son, the King's hunters.

And he would have to swing his arms again.

Uncomfortable amidst such strange opulence, and distrustful of nobility in the city, "Ox" closes his eyes in the hopes it will prove a dream, only to remember how that morning he saw a man who looked how Paw looked when the Queens men took him away, and the young lady that man was with looked like cousin Gwen.
    But they couldn't be. Ossian was now older then Paw had been when he last saw him, so "Paw" could not be Paw, and Gwen? She would now have grey hairs as well.
    More and more he saw memories walking in the day, which wouldn't do. Best not to remember.

Can I get a drink, sir?

AC
    16 (Chainmail) HP 20/20 (10+5+5) Init +2 Speed 30ft. Passive Perception: 15

Str 14 Dex 16 Con 10 Int 8 Wis 12 Cha 16

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Personality Traits

• If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.
    • Thinking is for other people. I prefer action.
    Ideal: Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.
    Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day hope to see them again.
    Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Spoiler: Languages
    Show
    • Common
    • Goblin

Spoiler: Skill Proficiencies
    Show
    • Animal Handling
    • Athletics
    • Insight
    • Perception
    • Survival
    • Medicine
    • Stealth

Spoiler: Save Proficiencies
    Show
    • Strength
    • Constitution

Spoiler: Tool Proficiencies
    Show
    • Thieves' Tools
    • Woodcarver's Tools
    • Land Vehicles

Spoiler: Weapon/Armour Proficiencies
    Show
    • All Armour
    • Simple Weapons
    • Martial Weapons

Spoiler: Ability Scores
    Show
    Str: 14 (+2)
    Dex: 16 (+3)
    Con: 10
    Int: 8 (-1)
    Wis: 12 (+1)
    Cha: 16 (+3)

Spoiler: Attacks/Damage
    Show
    Greatsword:1d20+4 / 2d6+2,
    Magic +1 Crossbow: 1d20+8 / 1d8+4

Spoiler: Features
    Show
    Racial: Darkvision,
    Background: Rustic Hospitality (Can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among commoners, unless I have shown myself to be a danger to them. They will shield me from the law or anyone else searching for me, though they will not risk their lives for me.)
    Class:Archery Fighting Style,
    Expertise: Perception and Stealth

Spoiler: Spellcasting
    Show
    None!

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show
    • A set of woodcarver's tools (1gp)
    • a shovel (2gp)
    • an iron pot (2gp) 10lb
    • a set of common clothes
    • a belt pouch containing 10gp
    • my fathers old knife
    • Chainmail armor
    • Greatsword
    • Hand crossbow
    • Light crossbow (
    • case of 30 crossbow bolts (2gp)
    • Dungeoneers Pack (12gp) - Includes:
    a backpack,
    a crowbar,
    a hammer,
    10 pitons,
    10 torches,
    a tinderbox,
    10 days of rations,
    a waterskin, and
    50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it
    • +1 magic Light crossbow (gift from Zanan)
    • Magic ring of jumping,
    • Magic ring of warmth

• •

You can use 5esrd.com or 5e.d20srd.org to look up all of the freely available spells from the Player's Handbook (which is maybe 90% of them, plenty to work from). The Elemental Evil Player's Companion is free through WotC's site, as are other options. The free Basic Rules are available on their site as well, which will be useful if you don't have access to a PHB.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Ossian "Ox", Half-Elf (+2 CHA, +1 STR, +1 DEX)

Point buy: STR 13, DEX 15, CON 10, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 14
    Final stats: STR 14, DEX 16, CON ,10 INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 16

Lv 1 Fighter - 10 HP
    Lv 2 Rogue - 5 HP
    Lv 3 Rogue - 5 HP (total 20 HP)

Speed: 30
    Initiative Modifier: +3
    Passive Perception: 15
    Hit Dice: 1d10+2d8

Background: Folk Hero
    Saving Throw Proficiency: STR and CON
    Training: Animal Handling, Survival, Athletics, Stealth, Insight, Medicine, and Perception
    Expertise: Stealth and Perception
    Fighting Style: Archery
    Armor: Chain Mail; no shield - 16 AC

Other Proficiencies: Woodcarver's Tools, Land Vehicles
    Languages: Common, Goblin
    Equipment: Light Crossbow +1

Attacks:
    Melee weapon attack: 1d20+4 to hit, +2 damage
    Ranged weapon attack, using your magic crossbow: 1d20+8 to hit, +4 damage
    Ranged weapon attack, not using magic weapon: 1d20+7 to hit, +3 damage

I can't recover your fluff or your mundane equipment, but at least you can still do things with him.
    Your investigation finds a riddle book, containing many of the other riddles from earlier in the tower.

Your Arcana finds a couple of rings, listed below.
    -Ring Of Jumping
    -Ring Of Warmth

Accepts the waterskin and drinks (a bit disappointed that it only contains water),
    a question for you first, where are my companions?

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

"They were taken by the toads or turtles. I just told you this. Did you get hit in head during fighting recently?" Altiui replies and tilts her head to the side wondering.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-02-12 at 05:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    "They were taken by the toads or turtles. I just told you this. Did you get hit in head during fighting recently?" Altiui replies and tilts her head to the side wondering.
    Spoiler: Ossian "Ox"
    Show
    Name: Ossian "Ox"
    Race: Half-elf

48 yrs, 6'2", 200 lbs, grey/red hair, blue eyes, sunburned skin
    Class: Fighter1/Rogue 2
    Subclass:
    Background: Folk Hero:
    Spoiler: Backstory/Defining Event
    Show
    The girl screamed while the soldiers laughed.
    He's forgotten so much, but he could remember that.
    He didn't understand.
    When the Queens soldiers took Paw away, Ma said Paw "was going to the Queen to be a hero", but they were hurting her! Heroes didn't do that!
    Ma said that he was as strong as Paw now, maybe stronger, even though he didn't have a beard yet.
    Ma said he needed to do what Paw used to, cut the tree's, dig the wells, and when the time came slaughter the pigs. With axe, hammer and shovel he would swing his arms and do what Ma said.
    Ma said "Ossian, you listen now to your cousin Gwen, she's got a good head".
    Maw was the only one who called him "Ossian", everyone else called him "Ox".
    Gwen was screaming!
    Maw said "you need to do what your Paw would do".
    Paw was a hero.
    So he swung his arms.
    The soldiers stopped laughing, but Gwen still screamed.
    "You've got to run Ox, they'll kill you"! "Run far, go to the rebels".
    So he ran.
    He ran far and met the rebels.
    They gave him a sword.
    And he did what they told him.

He swung his arms.

While life on the farm was hard, life in the forest was worse. For years they snipped at the Queen's men and hid and waited, till enough of the people knew that the time had come. Buried under homes, and hidden in wells and the walls of cottages were long stored weapons.
    Out they came, by the thousands, and they marched on the capitol.

To defeat the tyrant.

And by the thousands they were slaughtered.

The brave and the good died.

Ox tore off the crimson flower of the rebels, ran and survived.

The gallow men had much work to do.

The walls of the capitol were decorated with the heads of rebels, as were the crossroads of the country, and every village square, to remind the foolish.

For years the heads rotted.

So much he has forgotten.
    But he remembered somethings.
    He remembered Maw's, Paw's, and Gwen's faces.
    Now when he looked into the water he saw Paw's face, but Paw's beard was never grey was it?
    He remembered that they called him "hero" once, now if anyone used that word about him they put "was a" in front of it.
    He remembered he used to be strong.
    He was still strong, but not like he was.
    And he remembered the Queen.
    And he remembered her hunters, who were now her son, the King's hunters.

And he would have to swing his arms again.

Uncomfortable amidst such strange opulence, and distrustful of nobility in the city, "Ox" closes his eyes in the hopes it will prove a dream, only to remember how that morning he saw a man who looked how Paw looked when the Queens men took him away, and the young lady that man was with looked like cousin Gwen.
    But they couldn't be. Ossian was now older then Paw had been when he last saw him, so "Paw" could not be Paw, and Gwen? She would now have grey hairs as well.
    More and more he saw memories walking in the day, which wouldn't do. Best not to remember.

Can I get a drink, sir?

AC
    16 (Chainmail) HP 20/20 (10+5+5) Init +2 Speed 30ft. Passive Perception: 15

Str 14 Dex 16 Con 10 Int 8 Wis 12 Cha 16

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Personality Traits

• If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.
    • Thinking is for other people. I prefer action.
    Ideal: Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.
    Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day hope to see them again.
    Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Spoiler: Languages
    Show
    • Common
    • Goblin

Spoiler: Skill Proficiencies
    Show
    • Animal Handling
    • Athletics
    • Insight
    • Perception
    • Survival
    • Medicine
    • Stealth

Spoiler: Save Proficiencies
    Show
    • Strength
    • Constitution

Spoiler: Tool Proficiencies
    Show
    • Thieves' Tools
    • Woodcarver's Tools
    • Land Vehicles

Spoiler: Weapon/Armour Proficiencies
    Show
    • All Armour
    • Simple Weapons
    • Martial Weapons

Spoiler: Ability Scores
    Show
    Str: 14 (+2)
    Dex: 16 (+3)
    Con: 10
    Int: 8 (-1)
    Wis: 12 (+1)
    Cha: 16 (+3)

Spoiler: Attacks/Damage
    Show
    Greatsword:1d20+4 / 2d6+2,
    Magic +1 Crossbow: 1d20+8 / 1d8+4

Spoiler: Features
    Show
    Racial: Darkvision,
    Background: Rustic Hospitality (Can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among commoners, unless I have shown myself to be a danger to them. They will shield me from the law or anyone else searching for me, though they will not risk their lives for me.)
    Class:Archery Fighting Style,
    Expertise: Perception and Stealth

Spoiler: Spellcasting
    Show
    None!

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show
    • A set of woodcarver's tools (1gp)
    • a shovel (2gp)
    • an iron pot (2gp) 10lb
    • a set of common clothes
    • a belt pouch containing 10gp
    • my fathers old knife
    • Chainmail armor
    • Greatsword
    • Hand crossbow
    • Light crossbow (
    • case of 30 crossbow bolts (2gp)
    • Dungeoneers Pack (12gp) - Includes:
    a backpack,
    a crowbar,
    a hammer,
    10 pitons,
    10 torches,
    a tinderbox,
    10 days of rations,
    a waterskin, and
    50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it
    • +1 magic Light crossbow (gift from Zanan)
    • Magic ring of jumping, (given to Zanan?)

• •

You can use 5esrd.com or 5e.d20srd.org to look up all of the freely available spells from the Player's Handbook (which is maybe 90% of them, plenty to work from). The Elemental Evil Player's Companion is free through WotC's site, as are other options. The free Basic Rules are available on their site as well, which will be useful if you don't have access to a PHB

Pa's an Elf, Ma's human.
    How did I wind up here with you?

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Ox and Altiui
    Show
    The shaman, who Altiui knows as Aries, holds a hand up to the side of his head and says in draconic, then common: "Hark! The spirits call. Toadfolk nearby to the camp, so expect a brawl." His only knowledge of Common is from a human poet who came through the swamp once that the Lizardfolk sheltered for quite some time.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-02-12 at 05:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

"We took you before toads or turtles could." Altiui responds briefly as she summons her broom to her and lifts up as high into the air as she can before the toads get there.

((How tall are the tree here? If she has enough time she'll get about 20 feet above the trees.))