New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XVII: The shocking end of the story arc

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure if that IS his invulnerable beard. looks like it's an IME one more made out of light then solid matter.

could see him adjusting his form to be more aesthetically pleasing if he can figure out how. swap things around so he's more symmetrical maybe. and hey, he's got the horn back!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Go Go Power Rangers! Power Clerics! Power Clericlick!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like Thunt is on a mission to make as many characters as possible unrecognizable from their first appearances.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    I feel like Thunt is on a mission to make as many characters as possible unrecognizable from their first appearances.
    Theres… um... Well, do the goblins count? Once the art style shifted, I think Big Ears mostly stayed consistent with his new look.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

I may be exaggerating quite a but but I can't help but notice just about everyone has lost a body part or had some other major appearance alteration. Thaco's just happened before the story started.

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    I may be exaggerating quite a but but I can't help but notice just about everyone has lost a body part or had some other major appearance alteration. Thaco's just happened before the story started.
    There was actually from Thunt that he wants every battle to leave a visible mark. I have no link, however.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Okay, well that's... can I just call it ugly? That's personal opinion. I find that ugly. I'm actually fairly happy with Thunt providing some much needed story progression, but I do not like his decision on where to go with this from an aesthetic perspective.

Regardless, does anyone remember why Salt was not supposed to get involved? I've lost track of Salt's story/background.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Okay, well that's... can I just call it ugly? That's personal opinion. I find that ugly. I'm actually fairly happy with Thunt providing some much needed story progression, but I do not like his decision on where to go with this from an aesthetic perspective.

Regardless, does anyone remember why Salt was not supposed to get involved? I've lost track of Salt's story/background.
    Too young, likely to screw up, like the original click did, generating that green monstrosity.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Too young, likely to screw up, like the original click did, generating that green monstrosity.
    Who, by the way, we have not heard of since. I wouldn't be surprised if Thunt has entirely forgotten it exists at this point.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Be reminded that, for better or worse, THunt has had the entire story written out and presumably hidden under his mattress for several years at this point. The fact that he isn't currently focusing on Does Horribly and his crew doesnt mean he's forgotten about them.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

So. Forgath looks really, really dumb. Hopefully he gets some armor or something soon so we don't have to look at this abomination for long.

12. - Top - End - #192

MindFlayer

This is stupid.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    So. Forgath looks really, really dumb. Hopefully he gets some armor or something soon so we don't have to look at this abomination for long.
    That seems a bit harsh. Personally all I could think was "Oh great, a super complicated to draw character. Thats going to make updates come faster"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    That seems a bit harsh. Personally all I could think was "Oh great, a super complicated to draw character. Thats going to make updates come faster"
    Well, my first thought was "I hope he dies soon so we don't have to look at this abomination for long". Then I remembered that Forgath, Minmax, and Vorpal are basically the only characters I enjoy so I down-graded my bloodlust into "I hope he finds armor".

You make a good point about the difficulty of drawing him though. I wonder if Thunt gets bored with his designs and that's why character appearances are constantly changing. Of course Forgath's appearance changes so often that there's no guarantee he'll look like this more than a few updates.

15. - Top - End - #195

Well, my first thought was "I hope he dies soon so we don't have to look at this abomination for long". Then I remembered that Forgath, Minmax, and Vorpal are basically the only characters I enjoy so I down-graded my bloodlust into "I hope he finds armor".

You make a good point about the difficulty of drawing him though. I wonder if Thunt gets bored with his designs and that's why character appearances are constantly changing. Of course Forgath's appearance changes so often that there's no guarantee he'll look like this more than a few updates.
    You know, some of the kliks have shown they can shape change to an extent. Perhaps he will use one of his klik designs to cover his entire body as a form of armor? That could actually be a TERRIFYING enemy to fight. One who is made up of multiple layers of strengths and weaknesses. Imagine it, you are fighting a monster and discover that its bane is, I dunno, silver. So you carve through that armor, only for it to reform into another design and silver doesnt work! Or even worse, silver actually HEALS this one! Now you have to try everything else AGAIN to find out what its weak to. Only to see, yet again, the armor change as he switches it out for a third. Or scary thought, the first layer is weak to silver, the second layer heals from silver, so you cut through the first, only to find you actually gave it extra strength and your silver weapon has been consumed or damaged by the second layer. Too bad its almost certain to be less impressive than that. I wonder if he counts as a warforged now?

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Wouldn't it be more Thunty for all his banes to affect him, while his positives cancel out and thus he suffers in perpetual agony from constant exposure to at least one negative?

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Wouldn't it be more Thunty for all his banes to affect him, while his positives cancel out and thus he suffers in perpetual agony from constant exposure to at least one negative?
    Very true. I also fully expect multiple personalities since we got cheated of that from senor vorpal. All his klik parts got brought back to life. Think evil dead with the possessed hand, only its like a dozen different parts of his body!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Very true. I also fully expect multiple personalities since we got cheated of that from senor vorpal. All his klik parts got brought back to life. Think evil dead with the possessed hand, only its like a dozen different parts of his body!
    OK so what we're looking at here is actually a really weirdly-shaped almagam-klik, and it just happens to have this random dwarf soul attached to it. That's what the glowy beard is - it's not an IME thing, it's actually just the visible presence of Forgath's soul. The rest of the body is Klik and maybe a few random rocks.

19. - Top - End - #199

I'm having an A<3P flashback... http://alienlovespredator.com/2004/11/01/cute-tattoo/

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    His negatives are oxygen, dirt, and worst of all, dwarven beer.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    His negatives are oxygen, dirt, and worst of all, dwarven beer.
    I was thinking they would be Minmax, other dwarves, and love.

22. - Top - End - #202

I was thinking they would be Minmax, other dwarves, and love.
    I was thinking "joy", more generally.

23. - Top - End - #203

I'm going to say NuForgath's strongest negative is character design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

24. - Top - End - #204

His weaknesses are impact, pain, and unhappiness. The first time he gets hit it will create an endless feedback loop of damage causing him to fall apart. The only way to break the loop will be idle giving him a face sucking kiss to distract him. Too bad she died twice when they ran into Kore.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

So...why does he have a horn? Didn't all his armor get eaten a while back? Why is a klik-bit impersonating his damaged helm?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    So...why does he have a horn? Didn't all his armor get eaten a while back? Why is a klik-bit impersonating his damaged helm?
    For the same reason he's shaped like a dwarf and not, say, a sphere with arms and a beard.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    For the same reason he's shaped like a dwarf and not, say, a sphere with arms and a beard.
    The same reason Neo has hair in the matrix. Residual self image.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    There was actually from Thunt that he wants every battle to leave a visible mark. I have no link, however.
    That's a pretty good principle in theory, but in practice it's a major contributor to the comic feeling visually overcrowded and overloaded.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-03-25 at 03:30 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

to be fair, most times it's nothing major. For example during the fight of Thaco VS Goblinslayer in the sewers, the only change that happened was that Thaco lost half of his cane-staff. In various other fights the only things that changed were torn clothing or individual scars like Minmax's eye. It's really very rare for things to be permanently changed in a major way, such as Complain's latest transformation after the exploding pearl.

I'd say give it a page or two before you judge the new Forgath look too harshly. i wouldn't be surprised if they comment on it themselves and find a way to make things a bit more aesthetically appealing.

edit; Then again, thunt's been tweeting images of the GAP and Minmax lately, so i think we're going back to them now.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2019-03-25 at 07:46 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    to be fair, most times it's nothing major. For example during the fight of Thaco VS Goblinslayer in the sewers, the only change that happened was that Thaco lost half of his cane-staff. In various other fights the only things that changed were torn clothing or individual scars like Minmax's eye. It's really very rare for things to be permanently changed in a major way, such as Complain's latest transformation after the exploding pearl.

I'd say give it a page or two before you judge the new Forgath look too harshly. i wouldn't be surprised if they comment on it themselves and find a way to make things a bit more aesthetically appealing.

edit; Then again, thunt's been tweeting images of the GAP and Minmax lately, so i think we're going back to them now.
    Meh, im not surprised, he does love his cliffhangers. Kind of a 50/50 shot of when the switch would happen, either just before he got brought back or just after. Another year or two and we can find out whats up with forgath.