New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Children of the Gods [3.5e Races][PEACH]

Aasimar
    Origin
    Aasimar are created when a Karmainian or Newesti child is either blessed by a Divine while in the womb, or one of the parents was a Divine being. It only happens with Karmainians & Newesti because in their genesis they were given an eternal link to the Gods, while the others were granted freedom.

Personality
    Aasimar are normally charismatic as they can feel that power is within reach at all times. They are normally very egotisical because of their inborn abilities. They also get traits from their Divine parent. An Aasimar which had Dylian as a parent is more likely to be kind and generous, while on which had Jaccob as a parent would be more likely to become a sarcastic liar who tries to trick people. These traits often come with advantages and disadvantages. It is also worth taking note that an Aasimar doesn't have to take the personality traits of their divine parent, but they are more likely.

Physical Description
    Aasimar, like all Children of the Gods, appear as members of their previous race, though each is tainted by the blood of his Divine Parent.

E.g. An Aasimar of Dylian will normally have larger muscles and be bigger in size then an Aasimar of Jaccob, who is more likely to be thin and appear anorexic.

These unique traits only come into being once they reach the age of twelve. Until then they look like normal members of their race.

Relations
    Their relations with others depend on their Ancestor's. The Vithui probably would like an Aasimar descended from Electren hundred times more than a Aasimar descended from Rana.

Other people often judge an Aasimar on their parentage instead of how the Aasimar acts. Most common people tend to think that Aasimar all act exactly like their parent. These can have its upsides and downsides. An Aasimar of Dylian that steals things will probably be dismissed as a rumor. While if Undead is animated in a town basically everyone will think it was the Aasimar of Electren.

Alignment
    They normally have the same alignment of the Ancestor, but their are exceptions. Other Alignments are more common when an Aasimar wants to be seen in a different light to their Divine Relative. This means that any alignment is possible regardless of the Aasimar's Divine Heritage.

Lands
    Aasimar live were ever they were born. They have no lands of their own commonly living with Karmainians or Newesti. With most living in Kratoa, North Karma, and Estikar.

Religion
    They are paradoxically rarely religious as their ego normally stops them from seeing any reason to worship anyone else, let alone a family member.

Even if they aren't egotistical, they still aren't prone to worshiping a Divine being as they see the gods as equals.

Language
    All Aasimar are taught "Trade Tongue" and the languages of their native homeland. But they have no language of their own.

Names
    They are named like their original race.

Racial Traits
    An Aasimar combines some of the racial traits of his original race and his new form. Only those traits gained from the divine infusion are given here; see also the Children of Gods Sidebar.
    • Humanoid (Nephilim): Aasimar are humanoids with the Nephilim subtype and any other sutypes they gain from their original race. For all effects related to race, an Aasimar is considered an Outsider and a member of his original race.
    • Divine Blood: An Aasimar must choose a Divine. A bit of the Deities power is in the Aasimar's blood from birth. Once choosen this cannot be changed.
    • Low-Light Vision: An Aasimar can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
    • Inborn Magic (Sp): An Aasimar must select one domain from the Divine choosen in Divine Blood Domain List. The Aasimar can choose one spell from the list that is level one or lower and cast it once per day as a spell-like ability. If the spell chosen is level 0 then it can be cast at-will.
    • Inborn Skill: An Aasimar is very talented and gains an extra skill point at first level. They also gain one extra skill point at every level past 1st.
    • Favored Class: Cleric and Paladin.

Gensai
    Origin
    Gensai are created when a mortal is infused with primordial power, causing an infusion of elemental energy. Generally on its own primordial energy isn't enough, requiring the race to have inborn elemental energy.

Personality
    Gensai are generally spontaneous and swift minded, an attribute gained from the forgotten Protogenoi. They are also known for being rather emotional creatures, quickly shifting between diverse emotional states.

Physical Description
    Gensai, like all Children of the Gods, appear as members of their previous race, though each is tainted by the blood of the Protogenoi.

E.g. A Dwarven Gensai might flesh like shifting sands. While a Gnome Gensai could exhale smoke with each breath.

These traits only come into being once they reach the age of twelve. Until then they look like normal members of their race.

Relations
    Other races normally hate and fear them because of their otherworldly appearance and destructive nature.

Alignment
    They normally have an chaotic alignment.

Lands
    They have no lands of their own, instead dwelling in the lands of their parents.

Religion
    Gensai generally see the gods as either granters of gifts, or curses.

Language
    All Gensai are taught "Trader's Tongue" and the languages of their native homeland. But they have no language of their own.

Names

Racial Traits
    A Gensai combines some of the racial traits of his original race and his new form. Only those traits gained from the divine infusion are given here; see also the Children of Gods Sidebar.
    • Humanoid (Nephilim): Gensai are humanoids with the Nephilim subtype and any other sutypes they gain from their original race. For all effects related to race, a Gensai is considered an Outsider and a member of his original race.
    • Darkvision: Gensai can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Gensai can function just fine with no light at all.
    • Primal Bloodline: A Gensai gains a major elemental bloodline. Which elemental bloodline is gained is dependent on the Gensai's original race (see Children of the Gods). This functions as normal except the Gensai doesn't need to take Bloodline levels to continue advancing his bloodline.
    • Favored Class: Druid and Warlock.

Tiefling
    Origin
    Tieflings are created when a Karmainian or Dunesti child is either damned by a powerful Fiend while in the womb, or one of the parents was a fiendish creature. It only happens with Karmainians & Dunesti because in of the Karmainians link to devils and the Dunesti's creating the first demons.

Personality
    Tiefling are normally charismatic as they can feel that power is within reach at all times. They are also oftern jokers, trying to make light of situations other may find difficult or emotionally grueling.

Physical Description
    Tiefling, like all Children of the Gods, appear as members of their previous race, though each is tainted by the blood of fiends.

E.g. A Tiefling descended from a Glabrezu might have tiny non-mobile arms. While a Tiefling descended from a Cornugon might have tiny horns and a tail.

These unique traits only come into being once they reach the age of twelve. Until then they look like normal members of their race.

Relations
    Other races normally hate and fear them because of their fiendish bloodline.

Alignment
    They normally have an evil alignment. This is because of how society treats them, and not to do with a taint from their bloodline.

Lands
    They have no lands of their own and live wherever Karmainians dwell.

Religion
    They are paradoxically religious. Hoping that the Divines will accept them for who they are, instead what their bloodline is.

Language
    All Tielfings are taught "Trade Tongue" and the languages of their native homeland. But they have no language of their own.

Names

Racial Traits
    A Tiefling combines some of the racial traits of his original race and his new form. Only those traits gained from the divine infusion are given here; see also the Children of Gods Sidebar.
    • +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom
    • Humanoid (Nephilim): Tiefling are humanoids with the Nephilim subtype and any other sutypes they gain from their original race. For all effects related to race, a Tiefling is considered an Outsider and a member of his original race.
    • Darkvision: Tiefling can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Tieflings can function just fine with no light at all.
    • Grim Heritage: A Tiefling gains either Abyssal Heritor Feat or Devil's Favour as a bonus feat.
    • Grim Bloodline: A Tiefling gains a major bloodline. If he selected Abysall Heritor then he gains Demon Bloodline, while if he had chosen Devil's Favour he gains the Devil Bloodline.
    • Favored Class: Sorcerer and Warlock.

Nephilim Subtype
    If a creature possesses the Nephilim subtype, it has a strong affinity to outsiderswhich means that spells, effects, powers, and abilities that affect or target outsiders also affects it. The subtype qualifies a creature to use magic items normally only usable by outsiders and qualifies the creature to take feats that have the subtype as a prerequiste. The Nephilim subtype also makes creatures subject to harmful effects that affect outsiders.

The Nephilim subtype does not confer the outsider type or any traits associated with that type. For instance, it does not give a creature frightful presence.

Outsiders automatically qualify for any classes, prestige classes, racial substitution levels, feats, powers, or spells that require the Nephilim subtype. Should a creature acquire the outsider type, it loses the Nephilim subtype

Children of Gods
    When an Aasimar, Gensai or Tiefling is born, they lose many of the racial traits of their parents and gains those of their new race. The following information describes how to mechanically achieve this transformation.

Type, Subtype, and Race: You retain your original type and subtypes, gaining the Nephilim subtype. You still count as a member of your original race for the purpose of any effects or prerequiste that depends on race.
    Racial Hit Dice: You retain your original racial Hit Dice, as well as all the benefits gained therefrom (base attack and save bonuses, skill points, hit points, and so on).
    Ability Modifiers: You retain your original racial ability modifiers and gain the ability modifiers of the new race.
    Size: You retain your orginal size.
    Speed: You retain your original base land speed, as well as any other modes of movement possessed by your original race.
    Favoured Class: You retain your original favoured classes and gain the favoured classes of your new race.
    Other racial Traits: You lose all other racial traits of your original race, including bonus feats, skill bonuses, attack bonuses, save bonuses, and so forth.

Children of Gods can only be born to certain races.
    Aasimar - Karmainians & Newesti.
    Gensai - Dwarves (Earth), Gnomes (Fire), Lacembra (Water), Ranx (Air), & Sarli (Negative).
    Tiefling - Dunesti & Karmainians.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-08-19 at 08:09 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Children of the Gods [3.5e Races][PEACH]

The fluff you put into these races is really cool, and I enjoyed reading it.

After reading through this, I've got some questions. Are these races or templates? What's the Original Race mean? Are we supposed to combine Aasimar or Gensai with another race and take the traits of both?

Lol, Aasimar reminds me of this: http://www.nuklearpower.com/2005/07/...s-and-thieves/

Divine Blood: How does this work in an game? Can I be an Aasimar with my divine parent's power of Alter Reality?

Once that's worked out I might play Aasimar. Humans seem better because of the bonus feat, unless Divine Blood balances that out.

Gensai seems neat due to being part Elemental, but the problem with Bloodlines is that they require a sort of LA that they call "bloodline levels" and are completely useless. The bloodlines aren't even that powerful, but an intermediate bloodline essentially gives LA+2. If we could get the bloodline benefits without the LA, I would play it.

Tiefling seems like a cool race, even though I have no idea what those feats do. However, that same bloodline problem affects it too =(

On that note, why does only the Tiefling get racial attribute modifiers?

So once again, is Children of the Gods a template to be applied to another race? There may be some info in a book that I haven't read (playing core only), but right now this is just confusing. If you can answer my questions and address the bloodline issue, I think these races would be pretty cool to play.

Cheers!

By the way, I'd really appreciate it if you reviewed my class the Power Hunter

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    The fluff you put into these races is really cool, and I enjoyed reading it.
    Thanks

After reading through this, I've got some questions. Are these races or templates? What's the Original Race mean? Are we supposed to combine Aasimar or Gensai with another race and take the traits of both?
    It is based of Dragonborn from Races of the Dragons mechanics. Basically if you are a Karmainian or Newesti you can choose to be an Aasimar. This changes your racial traits to that of the Aasimar but you keep somethings, this transformation is detailed in the Children of the Gods section. The original race is the one your character would normally be, before he was born as a Child of the Gods.

May I ask how?

Divine Blood: How does this work in an game? Can I be an Aasimar with my divine parent's power of Alter Reality?
    It doesn't grant you any abilities. It simply allows you select the Divine which turned you into an Aasimar.

Gensai seems neat due to being part Elemental, but the problem with Bloodlines is that they require a sort of LA that they call "bloodline levels" and are completely useless. The bloodlines aren't even that powerful, but an intermediate bloodline essentially gives LA+2. If we could get the bloodline benefits without the LA, I would play it.
    Its not really like that. I'd read this page as there is a significant difference. Also you don't have to take the levels until you reach a certain stage.

Lastly,
    This functions as normal except the Gensai doesn't need to take Bloodline levels to continue advancing his bloodline.
    Tiefling seems like a cool race, even though I have no idea what those feats do. However, that same bloodline problem affects it too =(
    The feats are from Fiendish Codex books.

On that note, why does only the Tiefling get racial attribute modifiers?
    Aasimar and Gensai are too diverse to gain them.

By the way, I'd really appreciate it if you reviewed my class the Power Hunter
    Sure.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-08-19 at 05:50 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    May I ask how?
    This:
    Religion
    They are paradoxically rarely religious as their ego normally stops them from seeing any reason to worship anyone else, let alone a family member.
    Also: I see, I missed the "don't need bloodline levels" part. That makes it really cool!

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    This:
    Fair 'nough.

Also: I see, I missed the "don't need bloodline levels" part. That makes it really cool!

Anyone else have any opinions on these?
    Show