Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Comedy: "Busted!" Season One

Uh, I haven't backed away.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm not opposed to a Xumtiil-lynch, but I also have thought for a while there's a wolf voider. Murska could be 100% honest in what he said about Night actions and still be a wolf.

I'd like to hear a more detailed claim from Zelphas. They already claimed neutral. I don't see a reason not to reveal more at this stage in the game, especially if it helps us ferret out who did what.

I really wish we knew who killed Taffimai.
    Wait... maybe I can figure it out by process of elimination. There's some power claims private and public, and I know who has done some network actions. Maybe (assuming some honesty and no vortexer) I can figure out who could be a power role but hasn't claimed one. (If I figure this out, I probably won't state it publicly unless it helps resolve today's confusion.)

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I'm not opposed to a Xumtiil-lynch, but I also have thought for a while there's a wolf voider. Murska could be 100% honest in what he said about Night actions and still be a wolf.
    That is a good point (and would invalidate the towncred I gave for the hinting at information). We know town had a voider, Zelphas has claimed to be a neutral voider so the wolves having one would make a certain amount of sense. (That said, I had a lot of fun over people trying to find patterns that didn't exist in power disposition during my game, so we shouldn't read too much into it).

One upside to lynching Murska might be that we could probably clear blade if Murska flips wolf, I really don't think that was an intentional plan (or is that just what the wolves want us to think?).

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

If we're looking at a Wolf voider as well, then I think we definitely have several killers and probably other powerful roles about. No-one's made contact with me yet, so I'm presuming this town's rather light on VTs.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jeen may not like it but after clarifications I rescind my clearing of Illven.

To clarify, Jeen gave me some little info that combined with info I had from other sources suggested Illven was clear. Jeen has not explicitly admitted he lied to me but the implication of his responses is that he lied to me. Which I don't blame him for, lying to me as an attempt to gauge if I'm wolf is 100% okay.

I then tried to take full credit for the info in thread for obvious reasons.

Will need to ruminate on things.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

I am from the Olden Times, but I don't believe I have the sort of reputation that Blade or Murska have. I also don't know Taffimai particularly well, so I can't speak to who she'd have picked in particular.

Blade and Murska are potentially strong picks, but also easy mislynches. And I suspect that in a game where our lynches and NKs had been less odd, a town with Blade, Murska, and Snow would tear itself apart.

The really gutsy play would be something like Kraken/Illven and then I'm not sure who else who's alive is new enough to fly under the radar on grounds of nobody knowing them yet. Let the high-profile townies and people who know each other of old tear each other apart and then when it comes down to the wire nobody knows how to read anyone.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Assuming I haven't been lied to, Zelphas didn't do it, and there's no vortexer, I have the "who could have killed Taffimai" down to three players. I've told, or basically told, those I'm networked with, but I want to keep it private for now.
    bladescape and Illven have the list, if I die.
    Those are pretty big assumptions anyhow.

I'll say more about Illven later if I feel a need, but the main wagon isn't on them, I don't want it on them, and I'm fine with folk discussing suspicion of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    It's interesting how many wagons have been being started by people going 'I don't trust this person! Now, let me vote for this other person because of what they said; I think they made some really good points.' Kind of feels like people trying to preemptively cover their asses because they're expecting a town flip.
    Old post from D2, but Lady Serpentine: who were you referring to in this? You remember?

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

That was in regards to Kraken.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Read everything up to the current Day. Here's my thoughts. I know this posting is probably really annoying to read as I'm not quoting anything, but I'm too lazy/busy for that.

---

ISO time. I really prefer it when others take the time to do these, but they're spectators or the Narrator this game.
    Well, I'm not actually doing ISOs, but I'm reading through the read.

Day 1 Reads
    Post 108 - Xumtiil throws shade on Cazero. Also, based on my chat with her, I'm inclined to think Cazero is not wolf if Xumtiil flips wolf.
    Post 121 - Taffimai votes Zelphas instead of me (after I got Innocent Child reveal). Defends me and Book Wombat. Doesn't exonerate Book Wombat (I think), but towncred to him.
    Post 150 - bladescape votes Zelphas near day end. Pretty sure they aren't the same team.

Null Book Wombat, Murska, Lady Serpentine. Murska and Lady Serpentine were on townies, but so was basically everyone.
    Don't like the feel of Cazero and Xumtiil in light of stuff. Nothing solid, just gut feeling.

Night 1

Post 162 - Taffimai requests Zelphas townsides. Something about this sounds odd in light of her flip. Trying to look townie? Set up shade on Zelphas for if she dies? I'll rule out chatting with a scumbuddy based on D1. WIFOM spiral to interpret this.

Lady Serpentine ups the heat on 3SC, albeit in a reasonable way.

I'm guessing Snowblaze was the vig/SK kill and Xihirli the wolf kill.

Day 2

169 - Xumtiil compliments Taffimai in a way I don't like based on her flip, but perhaps overbiased by heat on her today
    173 - Xumtiil protects Book Wombat slightly? Useful if Xumtiil flips wolf.
    177 - Cazero votes Murska. Could be wolf distancing, but D2 seems risky since no 3SC wagon has started heavy yet. I get a sense they aren't scumbuddies.
    180 - Murska's reads on stuff. Sounds legit, could be less so. WIFOM makes hard to interrpet wolfishness.
    184 - Murska pro-Illven. Null-Cezero. Makes argument that basically gets Persolus lynched.
    186 - Taffimai pro-Murska more than most. Don't like that for Murska, but hard to interpret again.
    NOTE: post 261: I think Murska is saying here that Taffimai might be setting him up via this post
    203 - Taffimai tries to start a Kraken wagon. Dangerous to do for distancing. Seems good for Kraken.
    205 - Xumtiil joins Kraken wagon. If Xumtiil is wolf, I think we can towncore Kraken.
    212 - Taffimai stays on anti-Kraken
    226 - I like this from Lady Serpentine, but I can't tell who it is casting shade at. Hence asking her.

Overall, I trust Kraken now. If Xumtiil flips wolf, moreso. Xumtiil looks worse, but nothing hard.
    Don't think Cazero and Murska are on the same team.
    Overall null on Murska and Lady Serpentine. Always null on Book Wombat.

Night 2 No Data

Day 3

First post: bladescape votes 3SC, but backs off after claim to Book Wombat on post 245.
    250 - reminder that here foreword I think Xumtiil has been anti-bladescape. Not sure, could be distancing, but makes me think both likely aren't wolves.
    255 - Lady Serpentine makes a strong anti-3SC post. But the reasoning is solid. Hard to tell if a wolf being bold or a townie using logic.
    269 - if Xumtiil flips wolf, Murska looks a little better. But that's based on something not backed up via votes, so maybe it's distancing. WIFOM?
    273 - Murska anti-BW, but no vote to back it up. Null? Useful if one flips wolf?
    279 - Cazero joins the BW wagon. Pretty sure they both are not wolves.
    280 - Xumtiil joins the 3SC wagon after BW started and kinda defends BW.
    Soon after, Kraken and Zelphas also vote Book Wombat.

If Cazero is a wolf, BW isn't.
    If BW is a wolf, Cazero, Kraken, and Zelphas are not.
    If Xumtiil is a wolf, towncred to Murska and some suspicion on Book Wombat?
    Hard to read anything solid on bladescape, Lady Serpentine, or Murska. WIFOM and everyone was mostly against the seer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    That was in regards to Kraken.
    Looks a touch bad in that I trust Kraken, but also a legit complaint to stuff a few folk were saying back then so nothing really bad to Lady Serpentine.
    The sincerity in the answer feels towny.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Brings back memories of the bad old times of townies hiding in secret quicktopics and being mysterious in the thread.

Okay, so Illven isn't clear. I've voided them twice, and both times, a kill has been missing, presuming the wolves didn't kill their own Alpha. That's my case on them.

I thought they were much more likely to be SK than a wolf, since they didn't show signs of being coached in wolf chat, but if that's true then I don't know what happened yesterday. However, apparently there are other ways for kills to disappear. Our Baner is dead, but I would like to know who Zelphas voided N2.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Nothing new to share as a new literal day starts this Day, but I'll say a little bit pro-Illven.

I don't want to give away Illven's proof she's Town. It is solid proof, baring a severely bastardy move I don't think AV would do.
    bladescape was puzzled because some stuff made it look like it was a complete fuzz, and the "lie" was that the thought the info I leaked by accident was leaked on purpose to mislead him in case he's a wolf. But sadly I wasn't being that devious and it was an incompetent info-leak.

---

Hey, Cazero. You spoke about Lovers D1. Do you want to claim? We know there's three wolves left, and it looks like Xumtiil is getting lynched today. If we can tie you to someone who isn't locktown and consider you both town, that could let us figure out who the three wolves are.
    Normally I'd be against such a claim, but it might make it how we only have 4 "not (probably) know alignment" and, after lynching Xumtiil today, we'd know the wolves. (Assuming Zelphas is Survivor.)

- - - Updated - - -

And feel free to pass me the info via Xumtiil if you'd rather not talk publicly. If she does flip town, I can trust it was passed to me without distortion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I thought they were much more likely to be SK than a wolf, since they didn't show signs of being coached in wolf chat, but if that's true then I don't know what happened yesterday. However, apparently there are other ways for kills to disappear. Our Baner is dead, but I would like to know who Zelphas voided N2.
    I believe I was told Zelphas told someone he didn't do an action (beyond networking) N2. Though I'd like to hear it from Zelphas directly, as I don't completely trust my memory or that I didn't get my Nights muddled.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

You say you have solid proof Illven is town? Then, are they a killing role? Should I keep voiding them? If not, who should I target?

It's really demotivating to solve when people keep referring to secret information.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

You say you have solid proof Illven is town? Then, are they a killing role? Should I keep voiding them? If not, who should I target?

It's really demotivating to solve when people keep referring to secret information.
    While I wasn't the one being asked, my suggestion would be BW (assuming Xum is lynched). Though that's only due to him being one of my current top wolf leans (after Xum and yourself), so suggestions based on anything more solid and specific should probably take precedent.

I do kind of agree about the second part, I generally prefer games where all communication (besides obvious exceptions like wolves, masons, etc) take place in the thread.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Please do not void Illven; it shouldn't help anything.
    Book Wombat, Xumtiil, Lady Serpentine, bladescape, and (at least unless he answers my question well) Cazero are the ones I'd consider worth voiding. bladescape is last on that list (e.g., the one I trust most), mostly because he's the only one I'm networked with and he's been helpful networking me with others. Even if he is a wolf, he has an incentive to keep working with me (at least until the wolves decide to kill me) to keep towncred.

The reason for that list is that I consider myself, Batcathat, and Illven town, and I'd like the supposed-survivor Zelphas to be active.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Hey, Cazero. You spoke about Lovers D1. Do you want to claim?
    No twins here. I'm the sporty girl. One guess at what I do.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I don't really trust Murska, but I also feel iffy about Xumtiil and her death might yield more info.
    And if Murska is town, we want him around.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-11-29 at 01:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    No twins here. I'm the sporty girl. One guess at what I do.
    If you can beat Vecna in a shootoff you autowin the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't really trust Murska, but I also feel iffy about Xumtiil and her death might yield more info.
    And if Murska is town, we want him around.
    I'm a little split. On one hand, I mostly agree with this. On the other, I still feel like Xum might be a more likely SK than wolf and while catching a serial killer would be nice, a wolf would probably be more helpful.

That said, if Xum is still in the lead by the time I go to bed, I'll probably move my vote there to hopefully limit the risk of last minute wolf shenanigans.

It has also occurred to me that my speculations about only accounted for one neutral, while two (presumably an honest Zelphas and a serial killer) would change things around a little. Though even in the worst case scenario, I think it's still not LYLO today.

- - - Updated - - -

"Speculations about LYLO", that is.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

If there is a SK, catching them is much better than catching one wolf, because it cuts the number of attempted anti-town nightkills in half. Which is why I've been hunting for one.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

If there is a SK, catching them is much better than catching one wolf, because it cuts the number of attempted anti-town nightkills in half. Which is why I've been hunting for one.
    Maybe, but I'm not so sure. Partially because catching a wolf can hopefully lead us to other wolves (and we're getting very close to where we can't afford to lynch a townie), partially because an SK can target wolves too (and with three wolves remaining, they probably should try to. An SK that's left with nothing but wolves is doomed, after all).

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Book Wombat or Zelphas, y'all want to add anything?

- - - Updated - - -

(Feels like a long time 'til Night, even if it's just this evening. I'm bored and wanna stir things up.)
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-11-29 at 10:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Book Wombat or Zelphas, y'all want to add anything?
    Not especially, just that I'm as confused as always.
    I guess Xumtiil?
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Maybe, but I'm not so sure. Partially because catching a wolf can hopefully lead us to other wolves (and we're getting very close to where we can't afford to lynch a townie), partially because an SK can target wolves too (and with three wolves remaining, they probably should try to. An SK that's left with nothing but wolves is doomed, after all).
    That depends on their win con, doesn't it?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I believe I was told Zelphas told someone he didn't do an action (beyond networking) N2. Though I'd like to hear it from Zelphas directly, as I don't completely trust my memory or that I didn't get my Nights muddled.
    I apologize for going radio silence; it was not my intention.

I used my void power for the first time last night, so I cannot claim to have stopped the wolves from killing on N2.

I have not killed anyone who has died so far; I cannot kill.

I am... much less attentive to this game than I should be, and for that I apologize. I'm keeping my vote very tentatively on Xumtiil. I will plan to check through as much of this as I can and post at least once more before EoD; I apologize if that does not happen.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

That depends on their win con, doesn't it?
    I suppose, though I can't think of anything resembling an SK that would do very well alone with the wolves. In any case, it's not like I'm opposed to busting a serial killer, it's something we have to do eventually at any rate and while their killing can benefit us, it can also screw us.

Anyhow, let's see what's hiding behind Xumtiil's lovely poems.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Drama: "Busted!" Season One

I love the attention
    I shall not tell a lie
    But it wasn't my intention
    For me to already die

Bonus Haiku:
    This much is my truth
    I'm not a killer, I swear
    Only in my looks.

Bladescape

Ugh. Tough crowd. Just the way I like'm
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

27. - Top - End - #357

Book Wombat

Hm hm hm

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Doesn't look like Illven's a thing. Counterwagon to see vote movements is a go. Book Wombat.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

The question of if an SK can do alright alone with wolves hinges primarily on if they can win with either side (or just wolves) or not; if they can, it's in their interests to target as few wolves as possible so that they end the game in a win for them both as fast as possible, before they get lynched or - if susceptible - hit by the NK, because trying to target wolves to push a town win is almost certainly going to be slower.

For instance, if the SK has a quota and wins so long as they killed that many people and survived, they want to reach that goal as fast as possible and then end the game as fast as possible thereafter. Since one NK (presumably) never hits wolves, hitting wolves slows the game down.

(If the SK has specific targets, things become more complicated. They still want to meet their goal and end the game as fast as possible, but it may be in their interests to slow the game down until they have met their goal, which is rarely going to be the case with a quota because that goal is much harder to fail.)

Now, moving on from that:

JeenLeen, can you please clarify what kind of mechanical basis you have for clearing Illven? Unless there is a second Seer (which for balance reasons I highly doubt, particularly as there should absolutely have been counterclaims to 3SC if so, particularly given it would presumably need a second fool) who you're in contact with, I'm not sure what reason you could have for it.

Chat creation was explicitly stated to not be proof of being a villager, she's not a second Innocent Child, and according to Murska she's been voided twice, which would make it very hard for her to have power results - not to mention that the only power I can think of that would provide demonstrable results takes us back to a second Seer, in this case, her. Unless you're proposing that she's a vigilante who killed Taffimai through a void, in which case, I question why she can't be a serial killer.

I'm going to vote Xumtiil for now, I guess, but this really stinks of you getting tricked by a wolf now that they know the Seer is dead.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2022-11-29 at 07:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360

If Jeen isn't lying to me I can confirm it's actually pretty mech clearing lol.

Barring bastard mech.