New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Comedy: "Busted!" Season One

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    The question of if an SK can do alright alone with wolves hinges primarily on if they can win with either side (or just wolves) or not; if they can, it's in their interests to target as few wolves as possible so that they end the game in a win for them both as fast as possible, before they get lynched or - if susceptible - hit by the NK, because trying to target wolves to push a town win is almost certainly going to be slower.

For instance, if the SK has a quota and wins so long as they killed that many people and survived, they want to reach that goal as fast as possible and then end the game as fast as possible thereafter. Since one NK (presumably) never hits wolves, hitting wolves slows the game down.

(If the SK has specific targets, things become more complicated. They still want to meet their goal and end the game as fast as possible, but it may be in their interests to slow the game down until they have met their goal, which is rarely going to be the case with a quota because that goal is much harder to fail.)
    While there could be a neutral hunting a particular player/role, I don't think I've heard of a Serial Killer with a goal other than "kill everyone else", except maybe they are sometimes okay with other neutrals staying alive.

JeenLeen, can you please clarify what kind of mechanical basis you have for clearing Illven? Unless there is a second Seer (which for balance reasons I highly doubt, particularly as there should absolutely have been counterclaims to 3SC if so, particularly given it would presumably need a second fool) who you're in contact with, I'm not sure what reason you could have for it.

Chat creation was explicitly stated to not be proof of being a villager, she's not a second Innocent Child, and according to Murska she's been voided twice, which would make it very hard for her to have power results - not to mention that the only power I can think of that would provide demonstrable results takes us back to a second Seer, in this case, her. Unless you're proposing that she's a vigilante who killed Taffimai through a void, in which case, I question why she can't be a serial killer.

I'm going to vote Xumtiil for now, I guess, but this really stinks of you getting tricked by a wolf now that they know the Seer is dead.
    It's not a seer and it's not that she can make chats. If I thought chat creation cleared someone, I'd have towncored bladescape a while ago
    I'm honestly not sure to read you as a wolf trying to get me to reveal more than I should, or as a townie honestly frustrated/worried about lack of information. Though I guess the same can be said for Murska, just they aren't showing it as strongly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    If Jeen isn't lying to me I can confirm it's actually pretty mech clearing lol.

Barring bastard mech.
    Last minute double-cross. The bastard mech is that I'm a wolf! Vote bladescape!

Just kidding: Xumtiil
    Though if she flips wolf, I really don't like the look of those who joined the BW wagon... or so I want some folk to think.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Votes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Xumtiil
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Xumtil
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Xumtiil
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    bladescape
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Xumtiil
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Xumtiil
    Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    Bladescape
    Book Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Book Wombat
    Xumtiil
    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Xumtiil
    Xumtiil (7): Zelphas, Let'sGetKraken, Illven, Book Wombat, Batcathat, Lady Serpentine, JeenLeen
    bladescape (2): Cazero, Xumtiil
    Book Wombat (2): bladescape, Murska

Episode 4-A Ends

This episode saw Cassie solving a mystery that had run the length of the series so far: someone had occasionally be swiping stuff from this girl or that girl, with nary a clue to point to the culprits. Nonetheless, our protagonist was on the case, and that meant it was only a matter of time before the situation was rectified!

After several robberies occurred, Cassie went around and caught the attention of a handful of girls who'd been robbed, and quietly explained herself to them. Her case proven, she gained a compatriot for the coming confrontation. When She had a good half-dozen or so, she made her way down to the skate park, where her quarry lay.

"Xumtiil, I know it's you who's been thieving from everyone. You've always had a good alibi, what with putting on your little poetry performances, but you messed up: you're the only person who's been present for every single theft. You were the distraction while your friends picked pockets and locks to take what isn't yours."

Xumtiil stared, before eventually saying "...it's a fair cop."

Xumtiil was killed. They were The Delinquent Girl.

You are the Delinquent Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

You've Got Moxxy: You're allowed to hang out with the tough girls today, but don't push it. Each night, select two players. At the end of the night phase, they will be placed in a private chat together.
    Episode 4-B Ends In ~24 Hours

(Going forward, to keep things from slowing to a crawl, -A phases will also be 24 hours.)
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-11-29 at 10:43 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think this proves I've got a good grasp on reading Xum lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I believe this makes Book Wombat confirmed wolf just purely off POE purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a world where he isn't but...
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Well. I should've shifted my vote. Sorry, Xumtiil.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Anyone want to claim a Goth Girl who can talk with the deadchat?
    More seriously, anybody want to claim to have set up the chat between me and Xumtiil? Because I didn't, my network didn't, and she didn't.

For both, please wait until Day.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. We're not doing great on the wolf-finding front, huh? Though with two nights with no wolf kill, at least they're not doing too hot either. I'm kind of happy there were two deaths N1 or I would've started to seriously suspect a cult game...

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Given there's been one less kill every night, I look forward to seeing who we get back in the morning.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Colossus in the Playground

Given there's been one less kill every night, I look forward to seeing who we get back in the morning.
    Oh my god, best bastard mechanic.

Wait unless we get Taff. Crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Hm. We're not doing great on the wolf-finding front, huh? Though with two nights with no wolf kill, at least they're not doing too hot either. I'm kind of happy there were two deaths N1 or I would've started to seriously suspect a cult game...
    After reading Taffimai's power, I could read it as the players she picked become wolves over time in the game. Sorta like a "slow culting" over time... hmm... that could be a neat bastard mechanic for a future game, though not one I think I'd actually enjoy playing in.

However, AV confirmed privately with me that the chain of actions was that Taffimai first picked who the wolves were, then roles were assigned.
    The exact phrasing makes me think that the wolf roles were separate from the town roles, that is, AV decided on what roles go with what alignment before game started. Then the chosen wolves got wolf roles randomly assigned, then the townies got town roles randomly assigned. But I can't say that interpretation is 100% accurate.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Time for another exciting round of "Batcathat thinks he's gonna die and this is all he has to say!?!"

• bladescape: While I'm still paranoid about blade, now it feels like there's even more pointing towards him being town. Almost certainly unpaired from Murska, at least. Probably from BW, too.
    • Book Wombat: Not a lot to go on, but I don't really like what there is (and I'm leaning towards agreeing with blade on the matter).
    • Cazero: Still haven't contributed to a single mislynch, which is kind of impressive (or suspicious?) at this point. Other than that, I don't really know.
    • Illven: If Jeen says Illven is town, I think I'll just trust it (if town can't trust Jeen, we've probably lost anyway).
    • Lady Serpentine: I didn't really get anywhere on Ti in my last legacy and there haven't really been anything since to change that. Definitely a possible wolf but wouldn't be my first choice.
    • Let'sGetKraken: Still very little to go on, but I still think Taff trying to create a Kraken wagon when the existing wagons were t/t makes Kraken an unlikely wolf (though possible SK).
    • Murska: Probably my strongest wolfread (or tied with BW), especially since Jeen pointed out the thing I previously gave towncred for could be true even for a wolfy Murska.
    • Zelphas: While I would've trusted Zelphas more if Xum had flipped wolf, I'm still leaning towards trusting the neutral claim. Whatever the alignment, I suspect the claim about voiding Xum is true, since it seems like a big and unnecessary thing to lie about (since if Xum had used some power, someone might've been able to verify it). I guess it could be a wolf play, where they genuinely void a townie to have an almost ironclad case for lynching someone in case their kill is blocked, but it doesn't feel that likely.

11. - Top - End - #371

If I remember correctly Xum confirmed being voided. Not that it confirms anything except Zelphas did void as he claimed.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

If Zelphas is wolf and a voider, it could certainly be a good opportunistic thing. It did catch a bit of attention, but nobody's seriously on him even so, so it's a plausible risk to take.

13. - Top - End - #373

If Zelphas is wolf and a voider, it could certainly be a good opportunistic thing. It did catch a bit of attention, but nobody's seriously on him even so, so it's a plausible risk to take.
    Zelphas being wolf would be interesting given how he was treated by Taffi.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Zelphas being a neutral but not Survivor seems more plausible to me than them being a wolf. Some flavour of SK or something more strange.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 4-B Ends

Cassie was hot on the trail of some dastardly villain who had been stealing underwear from around campus, when she ran into JeenLeen - literally! She collected herself and helps JeenLeen gather up her...luggage? Apparently, JeenLeen was gonna be moving away, seems they weren't cut out for college life. She wasn't very specific on the reasons she was leaving, but seemed to be in quite a hurry, so Cassie let her off with a hug and a promise to keep in touch. Back to the mystery!

After that encounter, it was relatively simple: they found a local literature nerd holed up in her dorm room with a collection of stolen frilly things. In retrospect, stealing from her dorm-mates to start out was probably not the best way to avoid getting caught.

JeenLeen was killed. They were The Clumsy Girl.

You are the Clumsy Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam have been eliminated.

Easily Forgiven: Hard to blame you when it's just bad luck and klutzing. At any single point during the game, you may request that the narrator publicly announce you as The Clumsy Girl, a confirmed member of town.
    Book Wombat was killed. They were The Pervert Girl.

You are the Pervert Girl, scum. You win when your team can no longer be outvoted.

Blackmail Material: You collect naughty pics of your competitors out of habit, just in case they try to take you down. Each phase, select one player. If you die during that phase, that player also dies. You may not use this power on the same night you use Playing Cupid.

Playing Cupid: You have a knack for figuring out who's compatible with who, and setting them up to have a little private time together. Each night phase, select two players. At the end of the night phase, those players will be placed in a private chat. You may not use this power on the same night you use Blackmail Material.
    Episode 5-A Ends In ~24 Hours

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #376

I was right about BW, will be re-verifying how people treated it but I think we can probably narrow down scum from that.

Also I hope people can stop tinfoiling me now =P

17. - Top - End - #377

Rules question Avatar vecna.

Were those kills in the correct order, or did Bookwombat pull Jeen with them?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Rules question Avatar vecna.

Were those kills in the correct order, or did Bookwombat pull Jeen with them?
    No comment.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #379
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hm, interesting. My dramatic revelation is immediately undercut.

So Cazero what did you do last night?

Blade, what about you?
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-11-30 at 10:49 PM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

20. - Top - End - #380

Hm, interesting. My dramatic revelation is immediately undercut.

So Cazero, what did you do last night?

Blade, what about you?
    My action is secret because it's important.

What about you?

21. - Top - End - #381

My action is secret because it's important.

What about you?
    Clearly not important enough, if it didn't keep your target alive.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

22. - Top - End - #382

I can network people.

I have been growing Jeen's network since N1.

- - - Updated - - -

Which, btw, has already been said by Jeen in thread so lmao.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Living Players (updated):
    Batcathat
    bladescape
    Cazero
    Illven
    Lady Serpentine
    Let'sGetKraken
    Murska
    Zelphas

(Since it can be hard to keep track of such things sometimes.)

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #384

How do you know what Blade's target is?

25. - Top - End - #385

I basically have the game solved now I know my BW sus was right btw. I just need to verify some stuff with some people first.

Kraken's results from every night would also be helpful.

26. - Top - End - #386

I can network people.

I have been growing Jeen's network since N1.

- - - Updated - - -

Which, btw, has already been said by Jeen in thread so lmao.
    Look it's a long thread and I've been busy, okay.

Would very much like an answer from Cazero, though. We're down to two wolves and a possible serial killer (certainly a second killing role, though).

- - - Updated - - -

I basically have the game solved now I know my BW sus was right btw. I just need to verify some stuff with some people first.

Kraken's results from every night would also be helpful.
    Worth tipping my hat? There isn't much concrete there, I'll warn you. It's been less useful than it could have been.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

27. - Top - End - #387

How do you know what Blade's target is?
    He's a town watcher.

He saw me visit Jeen last night along with Cazero and I'm guessing BW.

Previous night results would help solve the game tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Worth tipping my hat? There isn't much concrete there, I'll warn you. It's been less useful than it could have been.
    I mean.

Welcome to getting non-alignment investigative =P

28. - Top - End - #388

He's a town watcher.

He saw me visit Jeen last night along with Cazero and I'm guessing BW.

Previous night results would help solve the game tho.
    Correct. I expect I'll die for it, but here we go.

You are the Detective Girl, town. You win when all members of scumteam are eliminated.

Case The Joint: Time for a stakeout! Each night, select one player. You learn the names of any players who target that player. You may not use this on the same night you use Enthusiastic Walk.

Enthusiastic Walk: It's not stalking, geez! Each night, select one player. You learn the names of any players they target. You may not use this on the same night you use Case The Joint.

N1: Murska targeted bladescape.
    N2: Taffimai targeted nobody.
    N3: JeenLeen was targeted by: bladescape, Book Wombat, Let'sGetKraken, and [REDACTED].
    N4: JeenLeen was targeted by: bladescape, Book Wombat, Cazero, Let'sGetKraken

That's what I've got.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's a strong powerset, I'm sorry I haven't been more active. Been doing my best to gather useful information regardless. Pretty confident Book was killed by someone else , which killed Jeen.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

29. - Top - End - #389

Wait.

Murska targetted me N1?

30. - Top - End - #390

Whose redacted?