New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1497
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Crap.

Our RPG society has more people being interested in it than we can accommodate.

Welp.

Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    No Mynxae! That's not the way! The desk isn't a comfortable place to rest one's head.

Anyway... I should stop staying up so late and not replying to you all. I don't know... I've been suffering from mild anxiety lately. I should go out and escape temporarily, perhaps go to the museum.
    The Prairies have been correlated with remedial effects to sufferings of the psyche, particularly in the beginning of autumn. Perhaps you should skip the museum and adventure hither instead.

Perhaps, even, a posse fluffitatus might bear you hither against your wishes, should you refuse my gracious invitation. For even now are my retainers mustering their potency and will, and even now converging in secrecy upon your environs, and even now preparing bramble scones with clotted cream for your arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Crap.

Welp.

Damn.
    Oh no, do I correctly sense an RPG Society Schism? One, the privileged, august, but comfortably stagnant first founded institution, the other the outcast, indigent, but passionately fiery reformers?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-09-18 at 09:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Colossus in the Playground

Crap.

Welp.

Damn.
    Oof, sounds a bit harsh a situation. Hope things get better!

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The Prairies have been correlated with remedial effects to sufferings of the psyche, particularly in the beginning of autumn. Perhaps you should skip the museum and adventure hither instead.

Perhaps, even, a posse fluffitatus might bear you hither against your wishes, should you refuse my gracious invitation. For even now are my retainers mustering their potency and will, and even now converging in secrecy upon your environs, and even now preparing bramble scones with clotted cream for your arrival.
    I cannot. The price of airline tickets alone would bankrupt me, let alone accommodation, food and public transport. I know I could prevail upon your hospitality for a roof over my head, but I'd probably get a very intense desire to go and see at least part of Canada, and that would cost money I don't have and am unlikely to have at any point in the near future. I am alas rendered destitute by circumstance and commitment.

In the meantime, a visit to the museum may be in order, followed by a walk along the banks of the river spent in contemplation. On the way home, I'll follow your excellent suggestion and purchase scones with which to horde for myself such that I might consume them and feel more alive.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    It takes at least two to continue a conversation, one can only monologue.
    But if you insist.
    I never really understood season eight as a whole, or much of season seven, it has its moments sure, and sometimes a lot of them; but some of the spark was gone. Yes, I know most of that can be put down to Barrie and Grant/Naylor leaving, but I don't see why it necessitated so much meddling afterwards. God, that Kochanski was fairly slappable wasn't she? (Wow, I'm violent today aren't I?)
    I much prefer the original Kochanski, but there's the rub isn't it? Alt!Kochanski is alt, and thus not suitable for our Lister.
    Now I think about it, Red Dwarf had a love affair with time travel and alternate realities didn't it?
    Original Lister; Lister nine(ish) months in the future; Lister-who-married-Kochanski; Old Lister; fem!alt!Lister; Lister-who-invented-the-tension-sheet; Good Lister; Bad Lister; brain-in-a-Lister-who-was-friends-with-the-Hitlers (I think); Lister from the Ace Rimmer!verse; and I'm sure I'm missing a few.
    Most of the other people (aside from Tony Hawk) only had to play a few characters.
    Oh! Post-polymorph!Lister! He was hilarious, don't know how I forgot him. "Let's get out there and twat it!"

That enough to do something with?
    pfft, with Lister being
    Spoiler
    Show
    his own father
    i'm pretty sure there are enough paradoxes to make sparehead 3 explode.

while gunmen won the Emmy I've always though Rimmer World was the funnier episode!
    and while RD X was much better than BtE i'm not totally sure it was back to it's highs
    RD8 wasn't bad per say in my opinion but it was such a departure from the shows "marooned odd-couple" dynamic it didn't quite fit in. that and it's heavy use of continuing episodes against the previous series monster of the week.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Pfft, with Lister being
    Spoiler
    Show
    his own father
    I'm pretty sure there are enough paradoxes to make Spare Head 3 explode.
    Or just a camera.
    I wish I could find that clip on youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    RD8 wasn't bad per say in my opinion
    It wasn't so bad on its own merits, but it was bad in comparison to the rest of Red Dwarf that came before it.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

LONG POST AHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Teehee, so cute! :3
    *sneaks up on and gives soft teddy-hug*

Or like a warm bonfire in the cold September eve, warming your heart when the autumn storm rages around you...

Oh no, please don't salinate our clear blue lakes. Tap up the water on a marble font first, if you would be so kind...
    The best of hugs, Shirley. *hugs*

I like the way you have phrased this. Yes, emotions can be that gentle and comforting, too. I wish mine could smooth out and be a little more consistent, but given everything that has been going on in the past month -- good and bad -- they've been liable to flare up into wild irrational spurts.

Your caution is well advised; and yet, the brine of tears would stain the silk, so how about I just cast it into a flame of apple branches instead? One way or another we must ritually purify the tears of Finnybinny, that she be in correct spirits when bears bring her blueberries or fluffs come a-nesting.

Also, though I have abbreviated my quote due to the impending length of this post, your steampunk gala sounded quite fantastical. I love what people do with their costumes and makeup for these events. Let creation thrive!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    @Kneen: I doubt I can measure up to a comet, they really are quite spectacular. Unless I'm being severely self-aggrandizing here. My how friendly! Careful it does not tickle too much on the way down, my brows seem ever bristlier of late.

Is ole Moby D supposed to feel quite so bloated when you read it? Everything seems so laden with subtext, portent and image that I'm crawling through it. Enjoying it, but very slowly. I'm much further than my previous attempt, but whether that's because I'm still riding high on my recent nautical exploits I don't know.
    You are like unto a comet, in that your comings and goings are infrequent, yet much noticed by those who watch for them; and that it is easy to conflate them with auspicious or pernicious portent. And in the bristling of your brow is measured the caprices of divine whim: which works against men, and frustrates all their undertakings; and yet to we small creatures of the air is simply as a tickling, pleasant to worry between the beak as a piece of chaff or a gnarling eucalyptus twig. *nibbles*

No, the good Moby is not easy to read. 19th century prose is not ever known to be rarefied, and must be nursed as strong whiskey, deep and complex and challenging in its layers of flavours. It is not a light ale to be quaffed from a sweating bottle of a hot afternoon.

It is not yet lunch time and in writing to you I have worked up a thirst. Shall I become drunk before the morning has turned over? Answers in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    You made me laugh very loudly there. And then I was asked what was so funny, and I was all "uh buuu... Buh?? INTERNET". Internet is a fine answer to most any question.

Yikes. Like... What? Goodness Knee. GOODNESS. xD
    "Internet." I shall remember that one, for I often have need to excuse myself from random fits of laughter at the images that dance spontaneously through my mind. I am glad to have made you laugh, in turn, for the laughter of Ovines is precious.

Bwa ha ha ha, now you have made me laugh. I didn't invent this phrase, it is this thing:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gentleman do not nibble! THEY NOM NOM NOOOOOOOOM, they TAKE IT ALL, they... DO THINGS MANLYLIKE.
    Hey, nobody has ever been able to accuse me of not taking it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Kneenibble, the budgerigar,
    Sat atop a red racing car;
    He was joined by a Russian Czar,
    Ate his jam from an absinthe jar.

Heheheh

Nemeses are hard-earned, and quite frankly, I don't have the time or energy to put into making people hate me.

I think you're assuming a base level of "Amidus owning things like food ingredients" that just isn't there. Eventually, perhaps.
    Amadou meets budgie while
    Riding a ceramic tile
    With a careless sort of style,
    Like a sleepy crocodile.

Budgie asks him "what news, guy?
    "Wowzers, how you even fly?"
    Amadou will not imply
    The reasons he is in the sky.

Nemeses are born out of a slurry of hate and other things, including a sort of debased love. You are far too phlegmatic, indeed, to stir up such deeply settled monsters.

I want to make some slur about student lifestyle, but the truth is I rarely have enough food in the house to scrape together a lunch either. Let us simply eat mustard sandwiches and beer together, in brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Heh feel free to keep it. I don't have many button shirts, so I feel I do not need the buttons greatly. Please enjoy Kneeble!

I am glad to hear that your recovery is going well! :tinysmile: And awwwe! *hugs* That is so very sweet to hear. I am glad you have such closeness with them that they would do that for you. I hope these shoes remain treasured and safe from the ravages of the world, forevermore retaining their beauty.
    Since you have offered me that inch, I shall take this mile: that after going about your daily business, you will find a little budgie on your bed amidst a heap of buttons which could only comprise all the buttons on all of your garments utterly. Tweeting and flinging about happily, with all the benighted innocence of your silly dog.

& thank you kindly. There is an archivist who keeps a tumblr where, on occasion, she posts pictures of the footwear of other archivists. I have submitted an image of these darling shoes to her and will share the link if she posts them.

*imagines you sitting on a throne made of jars full of jam*

Darn it, why am I too tired to draw?!
    Yes, please kindly become untired because I wish to see that image manifested as well. ;___;

O Budgielein, I didn't even know there was another name to those sweetlings in English until someone started talking about blackberries. I was so confused and found it extremely funny, thinking they didn't know the name and so addressed those yumsters by their colour.

*places a toast on a plate on the table, and adds at least an inch of jam on top of it*
    That's cute! I myself have heard "brambles" before, but not until reading your post there about jams did I realize that brambles were indeed what I call blackberries. It also makes me think of my time in British Columbia last summer, where brambles are an invasive species. And yet... it meant that everywhere we went, more deliciousness than one person could ever eat lay open for the taking.

*nibbles the toast and flings bits about, becoming sticky-feathered and crumb-faced*

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Already seen my room, 'tis definitely more awesome than my current one.. Don't mind the fact that at this current time I'm sharing a room with Ele.. On a bunk bed.. NO NO NO, DON'T THINK THAT! WE'RE NOT TOGETHER! EVERYONE THINKS THAT! I DON'T KNOW WHY!
    I have never thought you two were together. You're bros. Isn't Elemental as celibate as a Cappadocian hermit, anyways?

Here's hoping the new living situation treats you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    *hugs everyone*...the way things are is just...depressing, sometimes. I hope you all are doing well.

*curls up in a blanket*
    Here is a budgie hug for your comfort.
    Spoiler
    Show

If it makes you feel any better, I am doing very well indeed. My boyfriend could rival you in cuddliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I worked in the garden again today. Some plants had to be cut back to stop blocking the sprinklers or to let me get to a broken sprinkler. Every one of those plants was sticky when it was cut. One of them got drops of white rubber on every cut. One of them with long draped leaves was so sticky that it dripped clear rubber from the middle of each cut leaf. The pretty bushes with purple flowers have been sticky ever since the flowers came out. I think there was sticky covering that had to be removed before the flowers could open. Next time I am using the gloves.
    If this passage were in a Melville novel, I would question whether there might be some second meaning.

But seriously, why is everything sticky like that? Are your southern plants innately laticiferous so they can survive the Tartarean heat? How are your sunflowers now?

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    On my way to work this morning, almost crashed the car twice, and almost ran over some old dude.

Still alive, at least.

Let this be a lesson, kids: don't let your mind wander while driving.
    You're such an upbeat drunk, I love it.

Postscriptum. I have developed an appreciation for the idea of phantom limbs lately. The surgery I had under my eye temporarily damaged a nerve, and I have this huge numb patch on that side of my face (the feeling will come back eventually). But for the past few days it has been itching horribly, and yet when I go to scratch, I can't even feel my own finger touching it. It's rather disconcerting.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-09-18 at 11:49 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    It wasn't so bad on its own merits, but it was bad in comparison to the rest of Red Dwarf that came before it.
    agreed... prehaps I should Air it on "PGTV" to spark some discussion...
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah boy. I am pooped.

Stayed up late recording some gameplay of a game I'm racing in (for those of you recall - I failed at a competitive race of Majora's Mask, or to put it better - the whole process failed). I think its going pretty well, but since we're recording at seperate locations, I won't know until we play the footage side by side.

Add a double shift on monday, and I'm a sleepy, slightly grumpy wombat.

ION: I finally finished a parody to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody on OotS that I've been working on.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Bugbear in the Playground

If this passage were in a Melville novel, I would question whether there might be some second meaning.

But seriously, why is everything sticky like that? Are your southern plants innately laticiferous so they can survive the Tartarean heat? How are your sunflowers now?
    New gardening books call taking off the top bud pruning the flowers and not topping the flowers.

I don't know why the cut plants were sticky. It is a yard that needs less water but it does not go all the way to being cactus. Other people have prickly pear fences but they live on old farms and not in spreading suburbs.

The one with white rubber doesn't look at all like a rubber plant. It is a vine with normal looking pointed leaves. The plant identification guide says that it might be a Vinca. The vine and leaf are the same and the "milky juice" is the same but the flower color is wrong. Or it might be a Hydrangeaceae but I will need to wait for another flower to see which one. The plant with long pointed leaves is too common and I can't get the plant identification guide to give me the name. It's all over here though. I'll ask the garden center when I buy the peas for planting soon. They have to know.

No sunflower sprouted. There is a sunflower fence in the bad part of town that is lovely. A little kid lives there and tied some kind of ribbon to every stalk down where she could reach. It looks like a party.

I did get three zinnias which I pruned. Topped. And they became three plants with lots of branches and look like little bushes now. The hot pink started to bloom two months ago. The light pink started last month. The purple pink one just this week. It was in partial sun only. Maybe this one in the shade will make a good picture. I am not satisfied with any picture I take of the zinnias.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    I am being showered with strange nicknames!
    They're not strange! They're full of care and affection!

Ehh girlfriend problems. In that I am not having problems with my girlfriend, but she is having many problems, some which do concern me closely, and most that I cannot assist with. Mostly some other guy that is a friend of hers that is getting way too close to her, which bothers her, but she won't stop being friend with him because she is nice, and I can't talk to him really, and she would be very mad if I just beat him to a pulp, so in the end there is not much we can do, she will remain stressful, and I shall remain concerned. Until (or unless) he gets it and leaves her alone.

Thank you for the caring dear Finnyfriend, and the lovely nickname. Things were much worse Sunday, and somewhat worse yesterday, but after some talking to her last night things are betterish.

Other than that? My dog is silly, that is all.
    I have a thing or two to say about this, but that involves some stuff that I'd rather not share on a public forum as my personal life is my personal life, but feel free to PM me if you want some thoughts. *nod*

*ruffles hair*

Giving nicknames is my job. It's like, yeah. It's my life in a nutshell.

Dogs! Silly dogs! Yay. What's your dog like? What breed is it? I need to know moooore. =3

NO NO NO, DON'T THINK THAT! WE'RE NOT TOGETHER! EVERYONE THINKS THAT! I DON'T KNOW WHY!
    *wiggles eyebrows*

Oh no, do I correctly sense an RPG Society Schism? One, the privileged, august, but comfortably stagnant first founded institution, the other the outcast, indigent, but passionately fiery reformers?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oof, sounds a bit harsh a situation. Hope things get better!
    We'll see what goes. The board game society wants to merge with us too, and, ugh. TOO MANY PEOPLES. WHAT IS THIS. I mean, it's SO nice we have a lot of members and that people want to get into this stuff, but, agh! Stress! STRESS! *panics*

Yes, please kindly become untired because I wish to see that image manifested as well. ;___;

*nibbles the toast and flings bits about, becoming sticky-feathered and crumb-faced*
    I'm trying, I'm trying. Was planning to dedicate tomorrow for drawing - tonight I can't because my back died. Like, honestly, I can't move an inch without feeling horribly nauseous. Getting my hot water bottle from my room, filling it, all that, was too much and I'm curled up in a foetal position again. At least now I have a warm blob soothing my achy back...

*squees*
    .... This will be drawn tomorrow, I swear!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    A hug and a scratch on the back for each of you and for anyone else who wants one.
    Awe thanks you! I wonder how a scratch on the back would feel in this case, to me I thinks ticklish.

Yes, honesty is for the best, and one should acknowledge one's weaknesses, but at the same time, remember to look beyond your flaws as well.
    *hugs*
    Hmm okay a quick moment to look beyond my flaws: I kick so much butt at certain games. And also I like cooking it is fun. And...if I may be a little more confident for a moment...I so love to sing, I feel like I do well at it. I'd love to show others.
    *hugs*

Hehehe, that actually sounds rather lunchy to me, but then again, I usually don't eat sausages for breakfast...
    Hmm must be an American thing, eating sausage for breakfast, since around here it is fairly common. Then again, this is a place where restaurants serve steak with eggs, or chicken with waffles, and make that breakfast. Or is it just that you personally don't?

I have an extreme interest in the difference between cultures. I mean, I have never left this one state, much less the country. It is so intriguing to see all the little and big differences in the world! :smallcurioussmile: And now you got me doing this.

:3
    *more hugs*
    *big snuggly hug*

Oh, right! And that's so cute in a silly way! Goofball most certainly is a fitting epithet... :3
    Oh indeed! She is so darling though. My family have always had dogs, but she is the first dog that I can truly say is just mine, at least since I was a very small child. To me it makes it feel even more special. She also makes a fairly good guard dog. Never hurt anyone on purpose (just me while playing ) but barks and growls whenever there is any stranger too close to the house, so my grandma and I know.

Crap.

Welp.

Damn.
    Hmm this almost seems like a good thing. Like there is a lot of interest, which is mostly good. That said I am sorry that it is getting overwhelming and I hope it all works out amicably.

Bwa ha ha ha, now you have made me laugh. I didn't invent this phrase, it is this thing:
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay honestly this is unexpectedly very hilarious.

Amadou meets budgie while
    Riding a ceramic tile
    With a careless sort of style,
    Like a sleepy crocodile.

Budgie asks him "what news, guy?
    "Wowzers, how you even fly?"
    Amadou will not imply
    The reasons he is in the sky.
    I have been reading these poems between the two of you and I honestly want to say that I am extremely impressed.

Since you have offered me that inch, I shall take this mile: that after going about your daily business, you will find a little budgie on your bed amidst a heap of buttons which could only comprise all the buttons on all of your garments utterly. Tweeting and flinging about happily, with all the benighted innocence of your silly dog.
    Awww but my good shirts for ceremonies and funerals is only buttoned! Yet I still cannot be angry about it Kneeblyheart, so the buttons you may keep. Though I would likely need to go look for a new fancy shirt for important occasions, like job interviews. I do plan to look for one at some point.

& thank you kindly. There is an archivist who keeps a tumblr where, on occasion, she posts pictures of the footwear of other archivists. I have submitted an image of these darling shoes to her and will share the link if she posts them.
    Yay! And alrighty then, and also continue to enjoy that lovely footwear of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Ah boy. I am pooped.

Stayed up late recording some gameplay of a game I'm racing in (for those of you recall - I failed at a competitive race of Majora's Mask, or to put it better - the whole process failed). I think its going pretty well, but since we're recording at seperate locations, I won't know until we play the footage side by side.

Add a double shift on monday, and I'm a sleepy, slightly grumpy wombat.

ION: I finally finished a parody to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody on OotS that I've been working on.
    Hmm cool what game are you at this time? But surely, even the Mighty Wombat must catch up on rest at some point! Go now and rest and recover! It is for the good of your well-being. Or we need to invent a device that can transmit energy from one person to another, send over the restfulness, because I find I have way too much of it.

I am currently trying to go with your parody while listening to the music, but my blasted computer has hated videos for the past few weeks. The fact that I got it to load 2:30 after about 10 minutes is a miracle. Nonetheless I find myself quite intrigued and mystified by what you have done here. I give you extreme judos, and if it is in my power to do so I wish you give you an internet for this amazingly epic win.

ION: Darn crazy sleep schedule! Why did I have to get used to that medicine helping me sleep? So, tried to sleep at midnight, didn't fall asleep until a bit after 1, woke up after 3 for a bit, slept then reawoke at 4 or so this morning, some time later fell asleep and awoke at my alarm at 8:30, still exhausted. So let my dog out them went back to sleep, hoping to wake up after about 15-30 minutes, only to instead gain an extra 2 hours of sleep. This may sound good, but I hate getting too much sleep. It is like wasting time! So really, there must be a device to transmit this sleep to others. I could make a fair bit of money selling my unnecessary hours to overworked high school and college students and workaholics and others who need it.

EDIT: Ah! A Finny post while I was writing! I really must learn to write faster.

Well, alright then, I will likely message you sometime soon then, as I am curious now about your thoughts.

*small giggles*

Well, you are great with it and they are such sweet names you give. I so strive to find my own interesting nicknames to share, both because of my own love of having them and because you and Kneebles inspire me to try more.

Hmm well okay she is a bit of a mix, though what stands out most is Golden Retriever and Blue-Nose Pitt Bull. She is a strange gold and tan mix, normally is slightly higher than knee height though when she stands up her head goes to about stomach level on me, and she does try to stand fairly frequently. I'll try to post a picture when I can. Also, she is very energetic, more than any of my grandma's other dogs, and loves to throw around a tennis ball and frolic in water, like when grandma and I are using a house to water the plants. But she can be fierce. There have been a handful of times where another of my grandma's dogs tries to pick fights with her and establish dominance, and grandma and I have to break it up since my dog could fairly easily break the other dog's neck. And she tends to fiercely bark at strangers, though this quality I find endearing. It makes me feel safe in the case of a potential break in or zombie attack. She is sweet and silly and quite a funny dog I believe.
    Last edited by Haluesen; 2013-09-18 at 01:46 PM.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

The best of hugs, Shirley. *hugs*
    They're indeed the best hugs I can provide, at least to any recipient. Custom-tailored hugs may exceed even them in quality... ;3

I like the way you have phrased this. Yes, emotions can be that gentle and comforting, too. I wish mine could smooth out and be a little more consistent, but given everything that has been going on in the past month -- good and bad -- they've been liable to flare up into wild irrational spurts.
    Give them time. Soon enough, yours will settle down on the tracks taking you ahead, just as mine. I'm still on the switchyard of uncertainity, but I think I can see my path ahead now, and I'm moving ahead... :3

Your caution is well advised; and yet, the brine of tears would stain the silk, so how about I just cast it into a flame of apple branches instead? One way or another we must ritually purify the tears of Finnybinny, that she be in correct spirits when bears bring her blueberries or fluffs come a-nesting.
    Hmm, perhaps a pair of graphite rods connected to a battery will electrolytically rinse the water of any sodium or cloride, thus keep it eternally pure for any silk to wash... [/engineer Teddy]

Also, though I have abbreviated my quote due to the impending length of this post, your steampunk gala sounded quite fantastical. I love what people do with their costumes and makeup for these events. Let creation thrive!
    Yeah! Cheers for creation! :3
    *remembers he doesn't have a drink to cheer with*

That's cute! I myself have heard "brambles" before, but not until reading your post there about jams did I realize that brambles were indeed what I call blackberries. It also makes me think of my time in British Columbia last summer, where brambles are an invasive species. And yet... it meant that everywhere we went, more deliciousness than one person could ever eat lay open for the taking.
    These mentions of abundance sparks my Dwarf Fortress imagination, and I picture an industry of diligent dwarfs, collecting them for cooking Bramble Jam and brewing Brumbear Wine to export to the homelands in exchange precious platinum and star saphires... :3

We'll see what goes. The board game society wants to merge with us too, and, ugh. TOO MANY PEOPLES. WHAT IS THIS. I mean, it's SO nice we have a lot of members and that people want to get into this stuff, but, agh! Stress! STRESS! *panics*
    While the growth of an organisation may be a joyous event, it shouldn't be denied that smaller organisations have their perks that a larger one can't possibly retain...

I'm trying, I'm trying. Was planning to dedicate tomorrow for drawing - tonight I can't because my back died. Like, honestly, I can't move an inch without feeling horribly nauseous. Getting my hot water bottle from my room, filling it, all that, was too much and I'm curled up in a foetal position again. At least now I have a warm blob soothing my achy back...
    *brings warm blanktes to cover you with and Delfin to keep you company and comfort you*

*squees*
    .... This will be drawn tomorrow, I swear!
    *squees*
    Yay! :3

Hmm okay a quick moment to look beyond my flaws: I kick so much butt at certain games. And also I like cooking it is fun. And...if I may be a little more confident for a moment...I so love to sing, I feel like I do well at it. I'd love to show others.
    *hugs*
    Well, a good cook is always admired by men and women alike, and as a gamer who play far to few games, I've always admired someone good at kicking proper butt. Oh, and does your town have any form of choir activities? Are you attending them? :3

Hmm must be an American thing, eating sausage for breakfast, since around here it is fairly common. Then again, this is a place where restaurants serve steak with eggs, or chicken with waffles, and make that breakfast. Or is it just that you personally don't?

I have an extreme interest in the difference between cultures. I mean, I have never left this one state, much less the country. It is so intriguing to see all the little and big differences in the world! :smallcurioussmile: And now you got me doing this.
    Actually, I think it's more wide spread than that. In fact, I'm at least somewhat sure that the Danes eat sausages (red sausages) for breakfast, and they live next door to us. But then again, the Danes are a little weird as a people...

*big snuggly hug*
    *big bearly suggle-hug* :3

Oh indeed! She is so darling though. My family have always had dogs, but she is the first dog that I can truly say is just mine, at least since I was a very small child. To me it makes it feel even more special. She also makes a fairly good guard dog. Never hurt anyone on purpose (just me while playing ) but barks and growls whenever there is any stranger too close to the house, so my grandma and I know.
    Naww, sounds like a good dog! :3

ION: Darn crazy sleep schedule! Why did I have to get used to that medicine helping me sleep? So, tried to sleep at midnight, didn't fall asleep until a bit after 1, woke up after 3 for a bit, slept then reawoke at 4 or so this morning, some time later fell asleep and awoke at my alarm at 8:30, still exhausted. So let my dog out them went back to sleep, hoping to wake up after about 15-30 minutes, only to instead gain an extra 2 hours of sleep. This may sound good, but I hate getting too much sleep. It is like wasting time! So really, there must be a device to transmit this sleep to others. I could make a fair bit of money selling my unnecessary hours to overworked high school and college students and workaholics and others who need it.
    Ooof, sounds like an unfortunate backlash. I hope you manage to settle in a daily rythm again soon...
    *revitalising hugs*
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

I have never thought you two were together. You're bros. Isn't Elemental as celibate as a Cappadocian hermit, anyways?

Here's hoping the new living situation treats you well.
    Exactly! If I'm with someone, I need... Nevermind.

Me too.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

-all the stuff to other people-
    Oh what a sweet Teddy you are to everyone!

Well, a good cook is always admired by men and women alike, and as a gamer who play far to few games, I've always admired someone good at kicking proper butt. Oh, and does your town have any form of choir activities? Are you attending them? :3
    Oh indeed, this I know. My girlfriend loves the sound of me being able to cook, and making meals is one of the ways I make myself worthwhile while living at my grandma's house. I am honestly quite used to others besting me in gaming skills and achievements, so it is special when there are those few I excel at. Well, I am not sure. I am not very connected to my community. I know there used to be a singing group up here called the Sweet Adelines, which my mom was part of. But I do not know if they still work up here, and I think they only accept girls. So no, just the occasional karaoke. Back in school I didn't join choir, I was in the band instead.

Actually, I think it's more wide spread than that. In fact, I'm at least somewhat sure that the Danes eat sausages (red sausages) for breakfast, and they live next door to us. But then again, the Danes are a little weird as a people...
    Uh huh truly? I wouldn't know. I just know that I like sausage. It's yummy for breakfast.

*big bearly suggle-hug* :3
    Yay best of hugs!

Naww, sounds like a good dog! :3
    Yeah she usually is. Doesn't try to run away from home, doesn't bite people, doesn't dig in the trash, and though she did use to chew on furniture when no one was home, she has since stopped that. Just the occasional fight with the other dogs, which is quite rare. She is a very lovey dog.

Ooof, sounds like an unfortunate backlash. I hope you manage to settle in a daily rythm again soon...
    *revitalising hugs*
    It is unfortunate, but I will make do. *hugs*
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    On my way to work this morning, almost crashed the car twice, and almost ran over some old dude.

Still alive, at least.

Let this be a lesson, kids: don't let your mind wander while driving.
    Eek! What were you thinking about?
    Crap.

Welp.

Damn.
    Nice! Tell us what your solution will be!
    In the meantime, a visit to the museum may be in order, followed by a walk along the banks of the river spent in contemplation. On the way home, I'll follow your excellent suggestion and purchase scones with which to horde for myself such that I might consume them and feel more alive.
    Oo, sounds fun!
    They're not strange! They're full of care and affection!
    Oh, they are. Still, they are bundled with an odd sort of string, no?

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Sometimes I wish I could get unemployment benefits without having constant issues... I've been coming in to my job agency for every weekday since last Friday 'cept yesterday because I had to get ID for a Rental Lease Application. I rang up my job agency saying that I might not have time to come in, and stated my reasons. And now I get a text from Centrelink (aka, dept of human services unemployment benefits people) saying that I have a participation failure and need to ring up the Centrelink Participation Hotline (which generally means to sit on the phone for an hour on hold music before getting spoken to)? This is just.. GRARGH!
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2013-09-18 at 07:04 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

18. - Top - End - #1368

Sometimes I wish I could get unemployment benefits without having constant issues... I've been coming in to my job agency for every weekday since last Friday 'cept yesterday because I had to get ID for a Rental Lease Application. I rang up my job agency saying that I might not have time to come in, and stated my reasons. And now I get a text from Centrelink (aka, dept of human services unemployment benefits people) saying that I have a participation failure and need to ring up the Centrelink Participation Hotline (which generally means to sit on the phone for an hour on hold music before getting spoken to)? This is just.. GRARGH!
    Oof, that sounds rough. I hope things go well. At the very least, lets hope the music is good?

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

Oof, that sounds rough. I hope things go well. At the very least, lets hope the music is good?
    Are you insane? It's the same three or four tracks repeated over and over. I've been on unemployment benefits for two and a half years and the music has never changed!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

20. - Top - End - #1370

NecromancerGuy

Semi-autobiographical nonsense:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm. Hearing about my friend trying to get his chicks to stop being scared of him so he can start socializing them to first himself and then his father so that they can double as pets rather than being barely constrained wild animals whose eggs they routinely steal is reminding me of my misadventures as a youth when I was thrust with the responsibility of caring for an Easter chick when I knew that regardless of what I did, it would probably die because that's sort of what just happens with Easter chicks and ducklings and it's a horrible, horrible practice.

Surprised that the memory from over 10 years ago now is still sort of bittersweet, the death of a doomed animal who I had tried to do right by despite society having done it wrong from the moment it was selected for such a fate as being given to children on Easter. My biggest consolation is that my parents didn't purposefully go out and acquire the unlucky animals themselves and that it was part of the festivities that were going on at the hotel we'd been dragged to by our extended family.

So. Coid got invited along to a Kamelot concert. And was warned that instead of asshats who purposefully go out of their way to try to jam their spike-covered leather wossnames into people's eyes/scrotums/foreheads/teeth/etc. that it was more rabid fangirls that would constitute the primary hazard.

Also, Coid was informed that he resembled Jim Butcher, recently. So that makes Dave/David Grohl, Jim Butcher, and a young Christopher Reeve whom Coid has been said to resemble so far. I know though that my arms are not nearly as thick as Jim Butcher's arms. For a nerdy writer, his arms are thick.

That reminds me, I may or may not have mentioned this, but I was mistaken for a hot Jon Snow cosplayer by a trio of girls who came up to me at the Con the day I was wearing my kilt. Sadly, I was not smooth enough to translate that into getting a foursome, let alone one of their numbers. I know, I am as ashamed as you all are at my failure.

I think I was going to say more words but I forgotted them, Vegeta.

Are you insane? It's the same three or four tracks repeated over and over. I've been on unemployment benefits for two and a half years and the music has never changed!
    Psychological warfare, it sounds like. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #1371

I didn't know that! Sorry for upsetting you.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Psychological warfare, it sounds like. :/
    They be ebil.

I didn't know that! Sorry for upsetting you.
    No no no, I'm not upset! I'm just.. ugh. I hate dealing with them.

Good news is that it's all sorted now. First thing I did when I put down the phone was to get my earphones out, plug 'em into my phone and put on Give Your Heart A Break by Demi Lovato. *sinks into bliss of good music rather than bad on hold music that kills my ears*

AND ALSO! ALSO! Looks like my Rental Lease application went through and the Real Estate Agent is talking to the Owner to see if we can get the keys tomorrow! So we might actually be able to move in this weekend as planned rather than middle of next week!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

AND ALSO! ALSO! Looks like my Rental Lease application went through and the Real Estate Agent is talking to the Owner to see if we can get the keys tomorrow! So we might actually be able to move in this weekend as planned rather than middle of next week!
    Yay!

24. - Top - End - #1374

No no no, I'm not upset! I'm just.. ugh. I hate dealing with them.

Good news is that it's all sorted now. First thing I did when I put down the phone was to get my earphones out, plug 'em into my phone and put on Give Your Heart A Break by Demi Lovato. *sinks into bliss of good music rather than bad on hold music that kills my ears*

Ah, okay. That's good!

ION: I won a contest the Weekly Manga Recap podcast I watch was putting on! Woohoo!

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

I won a contest the Weekly Manga Recap podcast I watch was putting on! Woohoo!
    Yay! What is the prize?

26. - Top - End - #1376

Yay! What is the prize?
    The first volume of Cross Manage, a pretty damn amazing manga that ended far too early.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

The first volume of Cross Manage, a pretty damn amazing manga that ended far too early.
    Neat! Is it a rare copy?

28. - Top - End - #1378

Neat! Is it a rare copy?
    It's actually a rather new series, started (and ended ) this year. I got a digital download of the first volume from the official Shounen Jump site.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

It's actually a rather new series, started (and ended ) this year. I got a digital download of the first volume from the official Shounen Jump site.
    Huh. Did the company run out of funds, or something...?

30. - Top - End - #1380

Huh. Did the company run out of funds, or something...?
    Cross Manage got cancelled because the ratings where bad because....no real valid reason. No one read it enough and it was surrounded so many other good manga that it got pushed to the side like Barrage of the Battlestar.