New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

I may have missed some but I currently count 6 people who haven't voted. Nobody has to vote so that's fine if that's your intent. But a little under 3 hours left.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Those don't merit a reply. But if you insist:

Why wait on killing a wolf?

Done. Easy.
    Again, the worst possible way to describe things.

The question should be:
    Why wait on killing a person who could be a wolf or an important asset to town?

And here are two answers:
    Having a town vig is better than having a dead vig.
    By waiting to kill one person who can be tested another way, we can kill someone we can't test another way.

And to expand this answers:

1. If the vig does kill the person apogee picks and its a wolf, good for town.
    2. If the vig does kill the person apogee picks and its a town, its not good, but not damming either. A wolf vig would just shrug and kill, knowing that he will hit a towny. A town vig could not know better. No points for the vig, some minus for Apogee.
    3. If the vig does not kill the person apogee picked and hits a wolf.. This would be very strange and would propably point to target switching powers.
    4. If the vig does not kill the person apogee picked and hits a town? Now the vig lost any benefit of doubt and should be killed

If these arguments are flawed, someone should realy point these flaws out.

- - - Updated - - -

And please, hurry if you can point out a flaw.

I can not stay much longer. Have to go to work again tomorrow, so I can not stay up for half of the night. Even if I would like to...

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    And please, hurry if you can point out a flaw.
    Ah, keeping a wolf alive. That's the flaw.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #574

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Ah, keeping a wolf alive. That's the flaw.
    Only if the vig is a wolf, something that is not proofed yet.
    And you are again ignoring most of my post...

This makes me inclined to keep the following information away from the public, but I want town to win and it might be relevant...

I asked Gac some questions and got some replies.

Q: Can we see if two kills targeted the same person?
    You will have to compare flavor texts of another night kill to try to get that answer.

Q: Can the wolves skip their night kill?
    Yes. They could refuse to make their kill if that is their wish.

These are both slightly in your favor regarding the question "Why was there only one kill?"

5. - Top - End - #575

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    @ Blades
    Your question for gac was about a double kill being recognizable? I am not sure, so I thought I should ask for clarification.
    I asked if it was possible that last night was Vig and Wolves targetting same person. His response was that it was certainly possible for Vig and Wolves to target the same person.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #576

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I asked if it was possible that last night was Vig and Wolves targetting same person. His response was that it was certainly possible for Vig and Wolves to target the same person.
    Thank you. Together with the answer I've got, it seems certainly possible that there was a double kill. Funny thing is, this would both be good for Xi AND the vig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    End of Night 1

Some small amounts of conversation happen in the night before people retire to their tents. Then the exciting things happen.

There are noises and flashes and laughter and finally everyone hears the crack of thunder. When they arrive they find a body, still letting off some electrical energy.
    Soo, looking at this text again...

Noises and flashes and laughter... maybe a flight and Mr diehard laughing at this attempt on his life?

Laughter could also be dionysus making someone drunk, I guess?

So... I can't find a hint for a double kill.
    But it might be a hint for a different wolf target.

What does everybody else think?

- - - Updated - - -

Possible lynch targets:
    Snow. Pro: basically impossible to be town. Contra: not much. Accepting of imminent death gives her some few point, I guess...

Xi. Pro: It's Xi. She had some suspicious day 1. She was blocked when the wolves got no kill. (Not willing to give a real comment about the possibility of keeping the vig alive and aimed by apogee) Contra: there are other explanations for the missing wolf kill.

The Vigilant. Pro: Killed AV, ignored the town network. Contra: Can be tested by another way. Is currently unknown.

Valmark: Has some votes. I can't think of statements for pro and contra right now.

The unknown Neutral. Pro: there are so many neutrals already, another one seems unlikely. Does not share much at all. Contra: Is unknown to the public. Was not in the focus of investigation before, so less things to analyze.

Did I miss someone?

7. - Top - End - #577

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    It was pretty abundantly obvious that AV was very useful for Town with his significantly large and well-presented walls of analysis. I can't see any reason a Town vig would fire at someone who's either active and useful Town or a Wolf who's posting so much that they'll certainly incriminate not only themselves but their partners soon enough.
    I can't keep up with who is new and not on Mobile. So I am going to pretend this is a statement by a relatively new person. AV always makes those ISO posts and does them day by day I'd there is enough debate and reason to. While it is great for town, it is also an easy way to color people's opinions the way you want to by overreading some things and null reading your wolf buddies to some degree.

AV is a great leader, there was also ALOT of talkof Killin AV D1 just because it was AV, so I could see some newbie vig thinking they were a valid target. I agree as a more experienced player there were better targets, but being new it is hard to know you can trust Apogee to lead the town network and direct the town kill from what happened on D1, it is also hard to read between the lines and see that AV wasn't the strongest next target.

I am NOT the vig nor claiming to be in contact with them, just playing devil's advocate on how easy it is to screw up like that on N1. I think Xi hasn't defended herself at all and at this point can't defend herself. I also don't like that 6 people (~1/3 of the total and we'll over half of town (though I hope they aren't all town)) haven't voted yet. That is like everyone who is voting vote counting 2x (or 1.5x, if you are pedantic with math). So everyone really think through who you want lynched and make your last minute vote appropriately.

8. - Top - End - #578

ClericGuy

Since I am out of time, I will switch my vote back to Snow.

While I don't like the way Xi has reacted to many of my posts and I still could see her as a wolf, the primary argument of "the wolves got no kill and Xi was blocked" does not feel as strong as before. See my rereading of the night reveal.

Killing Snow is the booring, but safe alternative.

I don't regret changing to Xi for some time. I think, there was much more discussion afterward. This is an advantage on its own.

And now, I will try to sleep. It's unlikely I will react anymore.

9. - Top - End - #579

Also everyone make sure to check your role QT'S. Gac just messaged me not having seen my vote, so only 5 people not voting, but that is still 1/4 of the total and your vote counts 1.25x as much.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2021-06-06 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Stupid mobile autocorrect

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

I've checked twice now. Once to grab what I saw and once to target posts by people I didn't have votes from. So I'm down to 5 not voting. I have messaged those five people in their QTs just to alert them in case I missed something.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Xihirli

Think I’ve settled here. Libro’s plan regarding Snowblaze makes sense. Even if the Zeusling is a wolf, which I don’t think they are, there is still a missing kill. Valmark is wolfy IMO, but don’t know if I go there today. Don’t feel great here, but not sure I can do much better.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Trying to get caught up, will vote for Valmark for the moment. Subject to change, but don't want to get stuck on no vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

NOTE: I have read up to post 534, but want to vote before it hits 9 pm. Responses thus far are below
    VOTE: I'm inclined to believe Xi and would rather see Valmark lynched, but I'd rather Snowblaze stay alive for selfish reasons. And Xi could be a vortexer-Zeusling, so Xihirli.
    I do think she's a potentially useful member of Town, but between her and Snowblaze, I'd better off with her dying.

RE: rogue_alchemist: I misunderstood why you suspected Xi, but understand it better now.
    I can see Xi as the voided wolf, and the vig as Town. But I'm leaning towards believing the vig either wasn't playing with the Town Network (bad for a vig, even if town) or is wolf. I'm more persuaded by Xi than Rogan this Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna
    Jeen, any particular reason you assume that one of Zeus' kids is town. Not saying I think they're both wolves, just curious if you have any extra info that makes you sure about it. Although that might be the kind of information that's better told to only Apogee.
    No, no real reason. And, based on the RNG-ness of the alignment assignment, I suppose I shouldn't assume.
    More just I'd like that to be the case, so that I'm really a neutral neutral instead of a wolf- or town-aligned neutral. Or, town-aligned would be great if both Zeuslings turn out to be wolves. Or we kill the Town!vig today and the other one is wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan[/quote
    Jeen? Do you know if there is one or two children of Zeus you have to kill?
    I don't.
    BUT I will be told when all Children of Zeus are dead and get the option to leave the game or stay in it, with that I won narratively-confirmed. So if we kill one Zeusling and I haven't won, we know another exists.
    I will also get that third option of staying in the game, won, but not confirmed... but I see no good reason to choose that option.

My understanding of who did what

JeenLeen (Champion of Hera) targeted Elenna. Learned she is not a Zeusling.
    ??? (Dionsyian) used Induce Madness on rogue_alehmist, making him target himself.
    rogue_alchemsit meant to target AV, but targeted himself. "Passive" power.
    ??? (Zues claim) killed AV.
    Snowblaze claims she has no power.
    ??? (Dionsyain) voided Xihirli.
    ??? (Poseidon-doc) baned Libro, but Libro wasn't targeted.

---
    Does "vortex" apply to both the Zeus-vortexer and Induce Madness? I consider that jargon term to mean two people trade powers, targets, or some such, but it seems clear Induce Madness was used to redirect RA.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    NOTE: I have read up to post 534, but want to vote before it hits 9 pm. Responses thus far are below
    VOTE: I'm inclined to believe Xi and would rather see Valmark lynched, but I'd rather Snowblaze stay alive for selfish reasons. And Xi could be a vortexer-Zeusling, so Xihirli.
    I do think she's a potentially useful member of Town, but between her and Snowblaze, I'd better off with her dying.
    I may be shooting myself in the foot but I think me and Xi were tied before you switched votes.

Though Snow's still ahead.

Personally I don't wish any of the three wagons lynched but it doesn't look like that'll happen >.>

15. - Top - End - #585

This is the vote count as I see it. Before Jeen switched it was 6 v 4 v 4.

Not really much more to say but wanted to check the votes. The wagons are very close and we've got about 15 minutes left so we'll have to see what happens.

Vote Count:

Snowblaze (6): CaoimhinTheCape, Elenna, Zelphas, Bladescape, Xihirli, Rogan
    Valmark (3): Murska, Libro, Flat-Footed
    Xihirli (5): Rogue_Alchemist, Snowblaze, Totadileplayz, Apogee, JeenLeen
    Totadileplayz (1): Valmark
    Not Voting:
    No Posts: BookWombat, Mornshine, Shal06

16. - Top - End - #586
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, I’m cutting this really close, but it took me a while to read through those messages.

All of my reads are pretty shaky right now, but I’m going to vote [color=“red”]Xi[/color]. While I do empathize with her frustrations about characterization, her total dismissal of the possibility that the vig could be town— and the oft-repeated plan to check— seems malicious. add to that her being voided, and too much evidence aside from her tone points to her.

(In case I can’t change text colors on mobile, I’d like to make it clear that yes, this is my vote.)

I’ll expound on others when I get back to a computer, which might take a bit.
    Last edited by MornShine; 2021-06-06 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Color on that vote

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MornShine View Post
    Ok, I’m cutting this really close, but it took me a while to read through those messages.

All of my reads are pretty shaky right now, but I’m going to vote [color= red]Xi[/color]. While I do empathize with her frustrations about characterization, her total dismissal of the possibility that the vig could be town— and the oft-repeated plan to check— seems malicious. add to that her being voided, and too much evidence aside from her tone points to her.

(In case I can’t change text colors on mobile, I’d like to make it clear that yes, this is my vote.)

Yo gac please note this was an intended vote... or is a really clever wolf-ploy. Red text to draw attention.
    Though I sincerely believe MornShine. And I'd be annoyed as Narrator if a wolf tried a trick like this to look like they were voting for someone but weren't.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MornShine View Post

All of my reads are pretty shaky right now, but I’m going to vote [color=“red”]Xi[/color]. While I do empathize with her frustrations about characterization, her total dismissal of the possibility that the vig could be town— and the oft-repeated plan to check— seems malicious. add to that her being voided, and too much evidence aside from her tone points to her.

Yo gac please note this was an intended vote... or is a really clever wolf-ploy. Red text to draw attention.
    Though I sincerely believe MornShine. And I'd be annoyed as Narrator if a wolf tried a trick like this to look like they were voting for someone but weren't.
    Thank you! I caught it but only because I'm being extra careful with how close things are.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Xihirli, not leaving it up to fate. It's clear the lynches I want aren't happening, so might as well try to get the one who has mild actual proof against her.

20. - Top - End - #590

Assuming Valmark crossed out the previous vote.

Vote Count:

Xihirli (6+1?): Rogue_Alchemist, Snowblaze, Totadileplayz, Apogee, JeenLeen, Valmark, (? Mornshine ?)
    Not Voting:
    No Posts: BookWombat, Shal06

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Assuming Valmark crossed out the previous vote.

Vote Count:

Xihirli (6+1?): Rogue_Alchemist, Snowblaze, Totadileplayz, Apogee, JeenLeen, Valmark, (? Mornshine ?)
    Not Voting:
    No Posts: BookWombat, Shal06
    I'll be honest. I'm also choosing to assume this.

Day is Over. No More votes. One moment.

- - - Updated - - -

End of Day 2

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show

Valmark (3): Murska, Libro, Flatfooted
    Xihirli (7): Snowblaze, Totadileplayz, Rogue Alchemist, Apogee, Jeenleen, Mornshine, Valmark
    Snowblaze (7): Bladescape, Elenna, Cape, Zelphas, Xihirli, Rogan

No Vote: BookWombat, Shal06

"Oh wow... AV died. He was useful."
    "Let's kill that person who lied yesterday."
    "Sounds good."
    "The person who killed them is probably okay. Their dad must be Zeus."
    "I don't know. A killer sounds bad. Maybe we should kill that person."
    "We don't know who they are."
    "I bet that guy with all the friends does."
    "How about we kill the person who didn't do anything last night? They might have killed somebody if they weren't drunk!"
    "Don't kill the killer. He's fine, just dumb."
    "Nah. Kill the killer!"
    "Why should we kill the killer?"
    "Because they killed somebody!!!!???"
    "I'm not leaving this up to fate, so let's make this a tie!"

After the tie, they decided to flip a coin.

Xihirli has Died. The were a child of Zeus. Wolf.

Spoiler: Role
    Show
    Xihirli:
    Zeus: As a child of Zeus you hold more power than the average demigod.
    Mystical Might: You have a knack for manipulating the mist that helps hide the mythical monsters from mundane eyes. Each night, choose two people to target. Any action that targets one of your choices, will instead be used on the other. *****Your father has warned you that his wife may seek your death if she discovers you.*****

Night 2 Begins. You have 48 24 Hours
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-06-06 at 08:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

(Yes I did, as amusing as it'd be. Hopefully my hunch is wrong and Xi is really a wolf).

23. - Top - End - #593
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

I've checked twice now. Once to grab what I saw and once to target posts by people I didn't have votes from. So I'm down to 5 not voting. I have messaged those five people in their QTs just to alert them in case I missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    (Yes I did, as amusing as it'd be. Hopefully my hunch is wrong and Xi is really a wolf).
    Great news your hunch was wrong Xihirli was a wolf.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Jeen should be happy we just lied a zeusling

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Cough Rose... ruddy dragon? Wait, what was it aga- bleh
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #595
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

- - - Updated - - -

End of Day 2

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show

Valmark (3): Murska, Libro, Flatfooted
    Xihirli (7): Snowblaze, Totadileplayz, Rogue Alchemist, Apogee, Jeenleen, Mornshine, Valmark
    Snowblaze (7): Bladescape, Elenna, Cape, Zelphas, Xihirli, Rogan

No Vote: BookWombat, Shal06

"Oh wow... AV died. He was useful."
    "Let's kill that person who lied yesterday."
    "Sounds good."
    "The person who killed them is probably okay. Their dad must be Zeus."
    "I don't know. A killer sounds bad. Maybe we should kill that person."
    "We don't know who they are."
    "I bet that guy with all the friends does."
    "How about we kill the person who didn't do anything last night? They might have killed somebody if they weren't drunk!"
    "Don't kill the killer. He's fine, just dumb."
    "Nah. Kill the killer!"
    "Why should we kill the killer?"
    "Because they killed somebody!!!!???"
    "I'm not leaving this up to fate, so let's make this a tie!"

After the tie, they decided to flip a coin.

Xihirli has Died. The were a child of Zeus. Wolf.

Spoiler: Role
    Show
    Xihirli:
    Zeus: As a child of Zeus you hold more power than the average demigod.
    Mystical Might: You have a knack for manipulating the mist that helps hide the mythical monsters from mundane eyes. Each night, choose two people to target. Any action that targets one of your choices, will instead be used on the other. *****Your father has warned you that his wife may seek your death if she discovers you.*****

Night 2 Begins. You have 48 Hours
    Oh thank the everything.

Got some good network able to happen now.

If you haven’t yet claimed to me out of hesitance, I’d consider it at this point? Especially if you have a good investigative role. We’re getting some good intel put in.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Not to answer now, but: do we (by which I mean Apogee) have confirmation that Xi was actually voided and not lying about that?

Also, yay for me in that one of my targets died.
    Also also, fear and woe to me that the other one of targets is apparently a vigilante and probably Town. (It's possible both are Wolf, but I highly doubt the odds were so unlikely that both the wolfish one (Xi) and the Townish one (vig) RNGed as wolf.)

I will state, for self-persevation but also sincerely, that I think the vig killing me is a bad move for the Town. If the vig kills me instead of a possible wolf or the more-suspicious Snowblaze, they aren't doing the Town any favors.
    I am targeting a Townie (who has made Apogee aware of the plan) to confirm my Role D3, so I'm not getting any closer to knowing who the vig is anyhow.

Funny Note: I almost scried Xi N1.

27. - Top - End - #597

I had fully convinced myself that the wolves were drumming up a counterwagon to try and get it off Snow.

I'm glad to be wrong.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

My mistake. You have 24 hours.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

RE: rogue_alchemist: I misunderstood why you suspected Xi, but understand it better now.
    I can see Xi as the voided wolf, and the vig as Town. But I'm leaning towards believing the vig either wasn't playing with the Town Network (bad for a vig, even if town) or is wolf. I'm more persuaded by Xi than Rogan this Day.

No, no real reason. And, based on the RNG-ness of the alignment assignment, I suppose I shouldn't assume.
    More just I'd like that to be the case, so that I'm really a neutral neutral instead of a wolf- or town-aligned neutral. Or, town-aligned would be great if both Zeuslings turn out to be wolves. Or we kill the Town!vig today and the other one is wolf.

I don't.
    BUT I will be told when all Children of Zeus are dead and get the option to leave the game or stay in it, with that I won narratively-confirmed. So if we kill one Zeusling and I haven't won, we know another exists.
    I will also get that third option of staying in the game, won, but not confirmed... but I see no good reason to choose that option.

My understanding of who did what

JeenLeen (Champion of Hera) targeted Elenna. Learned she is not a Zeusling.
    ??? (Dionsyian) used Induce Madness on rogue_alehmist, making him target himself.
    rogue_alchemsit meant to target AV, but targeted himself. "Passive" power.
    ??? (Zues claim) killed AV.
    Snowblaze claims she has no power.
    ??? (Dionsyain) voided Xihirli.
    ??? (Poseidon-doc) baned Libro, but Libro wasn't targeted.

---
    Does "vortex" apply to both the Zeus-vortexer and Induce Madness? I consider that jargon term to mean two people trade powers, targets, or some such, but it seems clear Induce Madness was used to redirect RA.
    This is approximately correct. There's a few differences in what actually happened, but nothing too major.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, going to reiterate. If you are an investigative role, the Innocent Child (son of Poseidon who can reveal their own alignment), or a role that it would be bad to vig, please consider claiming. I'd hate to end up vig shooting someone we don't want to.

Again :p
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2021-06-06 at 08:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As a Neutral, I can nightchat without looking wolfy?

Serious towncred to Apogee (not that he really needed it) and MornShine for votes that finished off Xi.
    Not sure what to make of flat_footed. If he were trying to save Xi, sure he'd vote for Snowblaze instead of Valmark. It could be a gambit of hoping a scumbuddy would live, but being willing to bus them but not be the cause of death. Eh, still probably about as much towncred as those who put last-minute votes on Xi.

- - - Updated - - -

And to totaldileplayz, rogue_alchemist, and Rogan (though if any of them share avatars, I might have mixed them up.) All were big anti-Xi and/or for not killing the vigilante.