New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    My question is if two species go through the mirror and conceive a child as humans, what does the child transform into when they go back through the mirror?
    Well. The horrifying thought of what would happen with Spike/Rarity in this process was just what I needed before my meditation time1. Thanks for that.

1Especially since I was interrupted by Mum frantically searching for her bag of cash that she lost that many hours later turned up to be in the place she thought she couldn't put it and where we'd all looked about three times - cut me a break, it was first thing in the morning)

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Well. The horrifying thought of what would happen with Spike/Rarity in this process was just what I needed before my meditation time1. Thanks for that.
    *salutes*

Just doing my part (it's my birthday, I'm allowed )

Spoiler: Has a kirin
    Show

1Especially since I was interrupted by Mum frantically searching for her bag of cash that she lost that many hours later turned up to be in the place she thought she couldn't put it and where we'd all looked about three times - cut me a break, it was first thing in the morning)
    Eh, it was early morning. Forgivable if the coffee/tea/caffeine hasn't kicked in.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

*salutes*

Just doing my part (it's my birthday, I'm allowed )
    Happy Birthday, probably belatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon
    Eh, it was early morning. Forgivable if the coffee/tea/caffeine hasn't kicked in.
    Not that eve if I partook of any of that, it'd have helped.

We are off to another good day; Youtube has Youtubed again, and is now not loading on Waterfox for no apparent reason, we had a long panic because, having lost one set of keys, Mum lost the other set of keys which she'd literally just used to drive the car back from dog-training and they needed to take Nanny to the dentist (I TOLD them we should have had three sets of keys so we could each have one instead of having to have two pairs that are seperate from their main key-rings after the LAST car when I didn't have a set to start with and then they both went off out the day I was supposed to be driving my sister to the airport...), but they said it was too expensive); turned up in her back-pocket (I think her memory is getting worse, we even asked if she had checked ALL her pockets but she forgot there as a back one) and I'm waiting on Shapeways to tell me which part of the model they said they suddenly can't print one of my customes ordered wouldn't print so I can fix it, because they didn't bother to tell me WHICH bit.

Urge to kill everything rising...

4. - Top - End - #1264

Aotrs, a non-chipkey is like a buck fifty at the hardware store. For the sake of your fractured sanity (and those of us in the blast radius), please take matters into your own carpal bones.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Aotrs, a non-chipkey is like a buck fifty at the hardware store. For the sake of your fractured sanity (and those of us in the blast radius), please take matters into your own carpal bones.
    Apparently no, can't do that with this car. (We did with the last one, which is why I had a key in the end.)

(It is, for them as know Car Things - i.e. not me, a Honda Jazz.)

For whatever STUPID reason the engineers did that, you have to have posh electronic chip key (and these things are crappin' massive); the reason is probably "they can charge £200 or whatever" for more keys. Not having an analogue back-up strikes me as assinine, but again, "but then we can't charge you extra money to fix it now." It's, like, an electronic lock or something, for which the ability to unlock the car physically other than with the button is essentially window-dressing. (As far as my limited understanding goes.)

On the plus side, Youtube fixed itself relatively quickly and Mum did, after going through her entire wardrobe, find the other keys.

(Nothing from Shapeways, though...)

Edit: Oh, but I DID just here from them. This is such a complete bovine-excrement non-amswer, I had to share it.

HERE, ladies and gentlestallions, is the very LITERAL manifestation of "just make it, like, 20 percent cooler."

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeways
    Thank you for your patience. After checking with our production team, although there wasn't a specific area of the model that was the highlight for this rejection, the main issue should be resolved by thickening your model throughout.

The model is simply unable to support itself in the current thickness due to the overall geometry of the model. This is why it was rejected for weak geometry rather than thin walls since your model technically meets the guidelines.
    So, it failed, because of no specific reason huh?

I mean, okay, it's a new model, not one that's been printed before OH, WAIT.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, suuuuuure it can't be printed guys, you totally didn't literally print it previously with no problens, did you?

No, they either have printed it and thus KNOW what areas fail, or they HAVEN'T printed it and are rejecting it for reasons.

And you wonder why I had to bite the bullet and make a Facebook page for the Shipyards, so I am not 100% beholden to these increasingly farcial clowns.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-05-15 at 04:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1266

Hardware stores in the U.S. can do chipkeys as well. Is that not the case in Ol' Blighty?

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

For whatever STUPID reason the engineers did that, you have to have posh electronic chip key (and these things are crappin' massive); the reason is probably "they can charge £200 or whatever" for more keys. Not having an analogue back-up strikes me as assinine, but again, "but then we can't charge you extra money to fix it now." It's, like, an electronic lock or something, for which the ability to unlock the car physically other than with the button is essentially window-dressing. (As far as my limited understanding goes.)

Agreed. The shift to all-electronic is rather irritating. I haven't had any issues myself, but this seems to be a classic case of "ain't broke, don't fix".

8. - Top - End - #1268

Happy Birthday, probably belatedly.
    Not yet late in my time zone! And thanks! :3

the reason is probably "they can charge £200 or whatever" for more keys.
    This is exactly the reason. My previous car (Saturn) had a chipkey and a non-chipkey; the latter was designed in such a way that it could unlock the door in case you locked your keys in the car, but not start the ignition. How's that for engineering?

I dunno what's going on, but this face is priceless.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Colossus in the Playground

You know that side-argument about the current X-Men run we had a bit ago?

Yeah, throw me into the 'it's a bad run' camp.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chamber died.

I don't have a problem with character death if it makes sense--Rahne going out becuase she refused to use potentially lethal force against unarmed normies is something I can respect even if I didn't like it.

But Chamber bled out from a stab wound.

Chamber... Chamber is 1: A direct, pureblooded descendant of En Sabah Nur with a high-level variation of his powers.

which is to say, he's a powerful psychic and is theoretically immortal.

We know that he's probably immortal, becuase he is entirely self-sustaining--he doesn't need to eat, sleep, drink, or breath.

We know this, becuase he doesn't have a heart, lungs, throat, liver, or the majority of his digestive system. He's supposed to, but he doesn't.

And it doesn't exactly cause him any problems. Accidentally blowing it all to hell didn't even hurt him.

But no, he dies from being stabbed in a place where he's already missing most of the bones, organs, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels and somehow bleeds out despite the fact that literally missing most of his cardiovascular system causes him absolutely no problems.

I'm gonna tough it out, becuase there's only four issues left before Hickman becomes the soul creative head of the X-Men and he's promised to return them to their rightful place as one of the Pillars of the Marvel Universe instead of the 20 years of rehashed genocide plotlines, but god-damn. You don't kill off a guy with no vital organs by stabbing him.

Anyway, here's Rarity as Apocolypse.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-05-16 at 01:03 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

Hardware stores in the U.S. can do chipkeys as well. Is that not the case in Ol' Blighty?
    Not for the transponder keys for the newer cars that require proprietary machinery or not much if any cheaper than the dealers, apparently; not even like the last car where we could. The triple AAAAAAAA games industry isn't the only one using increasingly exploitative business practises, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

Yeah, y'know, what, I don't even care anymore. Sure, turn the regularr Marvel universe into the Ultinate universe and kill off all the characters. Actually, just kill all the characters off completely and continuously, and just have the whol thing be a series of corpses and people crying over the corpses and the an empty. Might as well at this point, there's apparently nothing salvagable left, is there, given that character death is now being used as the go-to plot with the same giggling, childish mentalisty of my mate when he was a teenager in the 90s when maybe Bloodgun could have been a real thing, except even in the ninties is wasn't this assanine.

You know, when I started the X-Men in the 90s, the number of X-Men that had died up to that point you could about count on the fingers of one hand, two IF you counted the X-Statics which were explictly designed to be killed off and weren't actually technically X-Men, just mutants and under th same marketing label (in and out of universe, I guess).

Now? There are more dead X-Men than living ones, I'm pretty sure - even considering the number of new characters introduced since then.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-05-16 at 04:57 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Chamber died.

I don't have a problem with character death if it makes sense--Rahne going out becuase she refused to use potentially lethal force against unarmed normies is something I can respect even if I didn't like it.

But Chamber bled out from a stab wound.

Chamber... Chamber is 1: A direct, pureblooded descendant of En Sabah Nur with a high-level variation of his powers.

which is to say, he's a powerful psychic and is theoretically immortal.

We know that he's probably immortal, becuase he is entirely self-sustaining--he doesn't need to eat, sleep, drink, or breath.

We know this, becuase he doesn't have a heart, lungs, throat, liver, or the majority of his digestive system. He's supposed to, but he doesn't.

And it doesn't exactly cause him any problems. Accidentally blowing it all to hell didn't even hurt him.

But no, he dies from being stabbed in a place where he's already missing most of the bones, organs, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels and somehow bleeds out despite the fact that literally missing most of his cardiovascular system causes him absolutely no problems.

I'm gonna tough it out, becuase there's only four issues left before Hickman becomes the soul creative head of the X-Men and he's promised to return them to their rightful place as one of the Pillars of the Marvel Universe instead of the 20 years of rehashed genocide plotlines, but god-damn. You don't kill off a guy with no vital organs by stabbing him.
    Well
    Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show
    Depending what kind of sword he uses? I mean he can still talk for a moment and his energy was drained.
    Even if it ended up like a hand wave, like the sword is energy diminishing weapon that will kill chambers.
    I wonder why am I defending this.
    And this is not going on Rahne, "but she can run them down and hide away from them."
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Colossus in the Playground

You know, when I started the X-Men in the 90s, the number of X-Men that had died up to that point you could about count on the fingers of one hand, two IF you counted the X-Statics which were explictly designed to be killed off and weren't actually technically X-Men, just mutants and under th same marketing label (in and out of universe, I guess).

Now? There are more dead X-Men than living ones, I'm pretty sure - even considering the number of new characters introduced since then.
    Technically most of them are still alive
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems that X-Man's alternate reality is actually Legion's mind

Here's the thing...

They're not turning the main Marvel Universe into the Ultimate Marvel Universe.

We're still getting heroic actions and positive portrayals along with more positive storylines. Spider-Man's back with Mary Jane, Wolverine's alive again, the Fantastic Four are back(and Franklin Richards is finally growing the hell up) and this happened

Even the X-Men were doing good before this run happened--Jean Grey came back to life, literally forced Casandra Nova to have empathy, and founded a mutant nation that was actuall recognized by the majority of nations in the UN and had legal protections...

And the this run happened and it all went out the window.

It's just this one X-Men run.

Which will be over in four issues.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1273

I updated my D&D 5e Pony Races document. Still need to add seaponies at some point.

Italy has been releasing several future pony episodes early, so... be aware of spoilers I guess. But on the plus side, the thread's title is relevant again?

Rarity makes any outfit look good.
    Spoiler: Even that one.
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: this pun is sooooo good and sooooo bad
    Show

courtesy of someone on reddit via latest Readers Digest

Q: Why do the Norwegians paint barcodes on their destroyers?

A: So when they come into port they can Scandinavian

Spoiler: pony tax
    Show

Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Show

*grooooooan*

Ouch that one huuurts, doesn't it?

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Rarity makes any outfit look good.
    I don't knoe... I remember 6 she had trouble with...

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Show

*grooooooan*

Ouch that one huuurts, doesn't it?
    As indeed every good pun should.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

So, now I've ruined the Xygritt Matriarchy forever.

I started on the fighters, and decided to do somethign a bit different and give them some TIE Fighter equivilents (actually, they're more like DYE-Wing, but they are crazy-cheap...) I was trying to make some small carries (as the Elenthnar have a lot of cruiser-carriers, generally), but then suddenly realised I'd not used transit racks for a bit. Transit rack, as opposed to hangars, basically use half the space, but only fit a specific model of craft. But this meant I could drop from heavy cruiser down to frigate and I thought "hey, wait, can I fit that on a max-size Tech Level 6 small craft... Yes! I can finally do a drone carrier like out of Star Fleet that I've always wanyed to do!" (I mean that, as the fighters, the larger small craft and the starships have to be at different sizes - simply because the fighters would only be 1mm blob and the smallcraft have to look bigger than them, that they won't all be to scale, but whatever.)

Then I realised that the Commander Makara and Captain Orion dynamic pretty much encapsulated the Matriarchy's "males are second-class scum" perfectly.

(I mean, if you're going to go there with something like that in this day and age, where it's cultural, not species, go over-the-top or go home, right?)

Ruined forever!

(Also, Denise Bryer got to play all the best evil ladies in the 1980s - she was Zelda in Terrahawks (otherwise known as the Proper Zelda, not that thing with the guy named after joining stuff together...) Seriously, though, especially with contemporary media of the time - or even now, in things Not Targeted At Girls - it's not that often to have the primary villain be female.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-05-17 at 04:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E8
    Show
    Now this was an excellent episode, easily the best since the season opener. The song was enjoyable, the episode furthered not only the main metaplot but also did a good job of fleshing out the villainous trio (do we have a name for them yet? I'm nominating the Three Villateers). I don't really have that much to say right now that wouldn't just boil down to me excitedly squeeing, so I'm just going to let it stand that this was an A+ episode.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Show
    (do we have a name for them yet? I'm nominating the Three Villateers).
    Spoiler: Frenemies
    Show
    "Legion of Doom" has been thrown around.

20. - Top - End - #1280

Spoiler: S9 Ep8 Frenemies
    Show
    This was easily the most entertaining of this season. Where the season opener had great action, this one had great character development and some great chemistry between the trio. Sadly they didn't quite click on why friendship always wins, but they were very close this time. Heh, reminds me of the later CMC episodes, you know? They get close to cracking it but it wasn't until they weren't thinking of cutie marks that they finally cracked that last lock.

10/10 Would watch more Chryssi being team player.

I wonder if the bell glowing is because they put a "nondetection" spell on it, cause I'd be wondering otherwise why Grogar didn't notice it practically under his nose. Also, possible foreshadowing was made on how the finale danger is stopped and who saves the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Show
    Now this was an excellent episode, easily the best since the season opener. The song was enjoyable, the episode furthered not only the main metaplot but also did a good job of fleshing out the villainous trio (do we have a name for them yet? I'm nominating the Three Villateers). I don't really have that much to say right now that wouldn't just boil down to me excitedly squeeing, so I'm just going to let it stand that this was an A+ episode.
    Spoiler: S9 Ep 8
    Show
    The song was catchy, yeah. Might actually stick this time! ...unlike so many later season songs haven't.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

No time for pony today, because convention tomorrow, so you can dread what's coming as per usual...

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: s9e8
    Show
    Okay, so we're just doing a villain-only episode?

Wow, that's a first!

This, frankly, was cracking. I'm sure the Chrissy fans were delighted. For me, Cosey stole the show, but dang, this was really good.

Grogar, you know not what you have wrought!

This far then, the only episodes that haven't worked for me have been the ones with the new six, otherwise this season has been top-tier!

So, back from Partizan - pretty good day, quiet busy. Even had a bit of an interview from a youtuber (incognito, obviously, that plausible deniability had to be maintained...)

Spoiler
    Show
    Dad's table

Spoiler: Xyriat Hegemony verses Xygritt Matriarchy
    Show

XYRIAT BRIEF

The Matriarch’s probing attack was soundly defeated, and we gained a great deal of information from the captured enemy vessel – the males were very eager to share all they knew for sanctuary. It was unfortunate we were unable to acquire any high-ranking prisoners, but they appeared to meet a number of accidents before our troops could take control.

(The troop commander has lodged an official protest, and she believes that the males were incited to these actions by the admiral. Her objected has been noted.)

One of the males, aide to the captain, had access to their military data, and with this information, we were able to lay a trap for their assault force – cutting off half their fleet with a strategically-deployed Disruptor strike. While part of our force deals with those vessels, your task is to eliminate the Xygritt’s vanguard forces.

Xyriat Fleet

Xygritt Fleet

The Xyriats more or less had the first bound to themselves, with long range fire. However, the nebula just took off enough damage to blunt the maximum effect of their longer-ranged blast torpedoes (despite the Xygritt fears that this would be an uncounter-able massacre...)

Bound two and this is where it all went wrong.

I wasn't flying fast enough to get in close, nor did I fly slow enough to stay out of range. (It as only NOW I remembered, crap, I have long-range missiles, I could have stayed even further off last round, fired them and THEN closed to torpedo range...)

The Xyriats lost both dreadnought and battlecruiser, plus a light cruiser - in return for no kills, and only moderately spread damage.

Third (and final bound, since it was packing up time). The Xyriats had crippled one Xygritt Battlecruiser to the point it only had one hit left (and no FTL). I flew my carrier up to it, planning on capturing it (with my towing array, never mind the tractor beams, and the Xyriat's poor, but at this range, functional teleporters...) I then realised I'd misjudged the Xygritt speed and if I just flew right past them, they blow the carrier. So I suckered them off by not flying my cruisers out of range. That was more expensive than I thought - I lost both heavy bolt cruisers, unfortunately. I at least snagged the BC with the towing array, but my poor luck continued, as I failed by one point on the D20 to win the battle, losing two of the four assault teams. Still, the remaining crew also died, so the other two team that have emerged in the damaged area were able to take control.

The disengagement on bound four would have seen one Xyriat destroyer - now also without FTL and on only two hits get killed from a safe distance by the Xyriat's long-range attacks, but that was to be the only ship I technically destroyed.

So, resounding defeat, but at least the Xyriat stole another ship. Liberating the poor fools one vessel at a time...!

Are now the inevitable horror of Humorous Pictures...

Spoiler
    Show

For the Xyriats, fighting the Xyrgritts was a Scootaloosing proposition.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Frenemies
    Show
    That was awesome!!! (Any episode with Chrysalis is awesome, but still) The scene of them bonding over hating Twilight was fantastic, and it's always good to see some real competence displayed by villains. Looking forward to seeing what else they have in store for them. I also like how Chrysalis is carrying around the evil-Twi log. This episode also significantly increased my respect for Cozy as a villain by giving her sociopathic side a good display. Solid A episode!

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: S9E8
    Show

still kind of shocked we haven't seen anything of Chrysalis trying to make a new hive. i guess she really CAN'T just birth new changelings... makes me wonder where they all came from then.

kind of feel like they need new/more villains for the team. i'm still sad Sombra is gone (again). I guess only having three helps develop each of them and give them more screentime, but still... idk reincarnate a portion of the pony of shadows or something Guess the "villain" pool is kind of small, with so many being reformed and all. and Flim and Flam prooobably don't count. Best i could see is reviving the storm-king somehow, but that might be a bad idea since he was a movie-villain.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Show

still kind of shocked we haven't seen anything of Chrysalis trying to make a new hive. i guess she really CAN'T just birth new changelings... makes me wonder where they all came from then.

kind of feel like they need new/more villains for the team. i'm still sad Sombra is gone (again). I guess only having three helps develop each of them and give them more screentime, but still... idk reincarnate a portion of the pony of shadows or something Guess the "villain" pool is kind of small, with so many being reformed and all. and Flim and Flam prooobably don't count. Best i could see is reviving the storm-king somehow, but that might be a bad idea since he was a movie-villain.
    Spoiler: S9E08 reply
    Show
    It might be that Chrysalis has to be full-up on stolen love to start a new hive and she's too obsessed with revenge to even try.

I think Sombra's elimination was an important part of the villain arc. First we see Sombra go off on his own and get defeated, now we have seen the Villains Three use teamwork and succeed.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

26. - Top - End - #1286

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Show

Spoiler: S9 Ep8
    Show
    I think three is a good number, specifically because each villain gets screen time to develop and it plays on some chemistry when two are arguing and the third has to either step in or pick sides.

As for Storm King... you're gonna need a lot of super glue to get him on the show again. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Spoiler: S9E08 reply
    Show
    It might be that Chrysalis has to be full-up on stolen love to start a new hive and she's too obsessed with revenge to even try.

I think Sombra's elimination was an important part of the villain arc. First we see Sombra go off on his own and get defeated, now we have seen the Villains Three use teamwork and succeed.
    Spoiler: S9 Ep8
    Show
    Or maybe she needs a male drone changeling, which also fits in the too obsessed problem you've mentioned.

So, back from Partizan - pretty good day, quiet busy. Even had a bit of an interview from a youtuber (incognito, obviously, that plausible deniability had to be maintained...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dad's table

I know it's just a game, but part of me wants to know who paved that road and were they paid by the kilometer? XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #1287

Honestly it looks like a switchback road coming down a mountain. At least to me.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

I know it's just a game, but part of me wants to know who paved that road and were they paid by the kilometer? XD
    It's actually hedges. Dad and his mate have been playing a campaign, which requries the map to be set up week after week (how do they record the map? Simple - they just take pictures of the board with their tablets. One of those remarkable simple ideas that no-one thinks of...) It became simply to time-consuming to put hedges down all the roads (because they play on realistic terrain), so this was Dad's new solution.

Honestly it looks like a switchback road coming down a mountain. At least to me.
    While I have used that particular technique for doing a circular route around a mountain a couple of times (e.g at Hammerhead 2016, where it even wraps around itself - see the bridge), what it actually was created for (and used for here) is the compression of a road onto the table - so what you are looking at is the road, artifically bent from a 3' wide 16' strip to an 6' x 8' table. (The dividers essentially define the table-edge.) As real battles are still essentially fought down roads (you still really don't just drive over open country, despite what Hollywood might think), for a game in depth (or their campaign), you want the length more than you need the width, hense the creation of this idea.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-05-22 at 05:19 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1289

I had thought of that myself, but the lack of slopes confuses the idea (there's hills around the road so... I dunno. Guess I'm thinking too deep into this with my OCD).

It's actually hedges. Dad and his mate have been playing a campaign, which requries the map to be set up week after week (how do they record the map? Simple - they just take pictures of the board with their tablets. One of those remarkable simple ideas that no-one thinks of...) It became simply to time-consuming to put hedges down all the roads (because they play on realistic terrain), so this was Dad's new solution.
    Hedges? I think we're talking about two different things. I was referring to the winding aspect of the road. I understand it needing to go around the tall blue "wall", but it turns in other places i'm not sure why. For example, first image, upper-left. That first u-shaped curve didn't seem necessary. Just go straight down and continue to cross the diagonal section of road before making a left turn around the blue wall (instead of a right around the hill first). It might simply be my OCD side thinking too much into it.

Taking pictures for rebuilding the map is a capital idea though. I was doing that with my local group whenever we'd end our sessions in the middle of a combat or if we were playing one of the adventuring board games we have (such as Mice and Mystics, which I highly recommend).
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

I had thought of that myself, but the lack of slopes confuses the idea (there's hills around the road so... I dunno. Guess I'm thinking too deep into this with my OCD).

Hedges? I think we're talking about two different things. I was referring to the winding aspect of the road. I understand it needing to go around the tall blue "wall", but it turns in other places i'm not sure why. For example, first image, upper-left. That first u-shaped curve didn't seem necessary. Just go straight down and continue to cross the diagonal section of road before making a left turn around the blue wall (instead of a right around the hill first). It might simply be my OCD side thinking too much into it.

Taking pictures for rebuilding the map is a capital idea though. I was doing that with my local group whenever we'd end our sessions in the middle of a combat or if we were playing one of the adventuring board games we have (such as Mice and Mystics, which I highly recommend).
    Knowing Dad, there's a better-than-average chance that road has come straight off or is based on something off an OS map.

Reality is often weirder than fiction, after all.