New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Ok, so...This next update is probably not going to happen until Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday of next week. Sorry about this folks...
    But I'm going out of town tommorow, and I don't know what sort of time or internet resources I'll have.

Sorry.
    You say that like we mind.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Behind Every Monster Is a Person in a Cute Costume: Let's Play Moemon Leafgreen!

So, update: Have internet, but it's complete crap. No good for uploading on, basically.

On the other hand, anyone who hasn't voted yet should do so now... Because while the first 3 slots are obvious (but not too obvious), the last 3 are in a giant tie.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. My votes shall go to

Maria
    Jasmine
    Eda
    Jewel
    Ala
    Dusk

in no particular order.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

I would Like Ala to be trained since Dragonite looks awesome.
    Only other one I can think of would be the Khangaskhan.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Phoebe
    Jasmine
    Toph
    Jewel
    Stephanie
    Nuriko

Phoebe needs love too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I would Like Ala to be trained since Dragonite looks awesome.
    Yeah, you should train Ala
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ettin in the Playground

We need more Jewel, Gentlewoman Adventurer!
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, i can't ... i can't not...

Spoiler
    Show

Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

*hugs the fanart*
    It makes me feel speshul.

In the imaginary land when I eventually get the first post in working order again, I will have to add a section for fanart and fanfic and so on. One of these days...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Maybe you should just save it till the new thread has to open.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I finally have the index updated. That's step one down...

Maybe I should archive binge at some point -- there sure is a lot of stuff I've written, and I only remember maybe half of it... So little to do, and so much time... Or was it the other way around?

Edit: Slight delays. The weather where I am is...shall we say... Not at all condusive to computer work of any sort. The power keeps flickering around, and we had a big outage last night. I'm working while I can, though.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-03-09 at 07:55 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 56: WaterWorld
    Spoiler
    Show

There he is again. Bill. He looks a bit more together than hje did before -- still over-excited, but less likely to suddenly start eating his foot, or something. His hair shows some signs of attempted grooming.
    ..And there's something else that's different, but I can't place it. Something in the center of his eyes, maybe, or...
    I hear a little gasp from one of my pokeballs.
    "...It's...him? Why didn't I notice...before?"

"Well, it is the only pokemon storage system currently on the market... How goes...umm...Science?"

Bill:"Oh, it's going very well! I finally figured it out! But...umm...my sources say I shouldn't talk to just anyone about it..."
    His Sources?

W-what? Is he asking me on a date? He’s 10 years older than me!

I think he totally is!

Bill has friends? Where were they when he was trapped as a clefairy?

I shake my head.

"Well, I've sort of got pokemon to train, and there's this experiment I had vested interest in...And stuff."

I'm not getting out of this, am I?

Well, I am curious about what's been going on.

But first, I have some TMs to take care of.
    "Here, Terra."
    I hand her a disk. She looks at it without expression. I snap my fingers a few time, and she looks up.
    "My apologies. I'm just...A little off-balance."

Then I guess this is pretty well-timed.

"Azula...This is for you."
    "Mistress! Are you sure? This is the highest of fire techniques -- it is part of the power that birthed my only life, purified and unleashed onto this world..."
    "Yeah. Exactly." I guess. "I can't think of anyone I want to see use that sort of move."

I hand out some vitamins and some more tms. And, finally...

I head to the lab. There's some hustle and bustle about -- I think I hear an alarm, sending shrill calls like a wild bird.
    A scientist darts by, papers in his hand and a drawn-out look on his face. I put up a hand.
    "Umm, I wanted to know...about my parase--"
    Scientist: "We're doing all we can! Science isn't an exact science!"
    Oh, boy...I've really messed it up, haven't I?

Other scientists: "We're losing it! Hurry up!"
    ...I... Oh, dear...
    "Critical condition..." "Vitals dropping..." "Get ready with that!" "Easy does it... We won't get this chance again..."
    I mean, I guess... I'd rather have either part of Mellow, the good or the bad, than lose them both. This one really is...
    my fault...
    The road to hell is paved by thinking about 'what's best,' isn't it? I can't say I was wrong... But I wasn't right, either. Not when it turns out like this.
    Another scientist runs by, a needle of liquid in his hands. He looks panicked.

And then the door slams open. A figure, his back to the light. I can almost hear the dramatic crescendo.
    Bill: "Stand aside, men! Miss Seed! It's time FOR SCIENCE! I have all the answers I need!"
    He pushes me forcibly out of the building, and I realize... He probably actually does.
    Holy monkeywires, he actually does know everything he needs. It's in his eyes and his spine and his hair; it's in the quickness of his breath... And the way he knew the whole story before he even set foot here. I normally don't go calling things magic -- but if that isn't a sign he's working some powerful mojo, what is?
    ...For a minute, I wonder if that's how I look to everyone else. When I come rushing into a building, wind in my hair and a pokeball in hand... Ready to take down the world.
    He looked bigger, somehow. Bigger than anyone else in the room. And capable, and strong. Like a star, the room looked like it organized itself into bright ones and dim ones, and he was on the former side.
    I've never felt like that. I don't feel like that now.

I stand outside and kick a beach stone, a worn-down sliver of shell, around with my foot.
    I try the lab door. It's stuck...Or maybe it's barred.

"Miss Seed... Not that I object to your basic plan of standing around, feeling very sad... But wouldn't you feel any better if you trained us while you wait? It was on your schedule..."
    I look down at Ala, who's reading off of a piece of paper.
    "...Where did you get my schedule?" I snatch it from her. It is sort of on there...With the pokemon I intended to train.

"Well...Ok." It's not like sitting around here will do any good.
    We walk down to the waterfront -- there's no grass near here, so it's mainly just fishing up pokemon, pulling them from the water to fight. Seems a little mean.

Ala's training goes well, at first. And she seems pretty chipper -- like what we talked about last time isn't on her mind anymore. She gives me a few teacakes to munch, too.
    "You're just trying to make me feel better, aren't you?"
    "Hee -- my goodness; I must be transparent. Well? Is it working?"
    "A little. I'm just worried... My plan wasn't just 'remove the evil fungus from her center of control,' but also 'restore the pokemon to hers.' I mean... Stopping evil's no good...If there's no innocents left to save."
    "Then you're just...relying on fate. Well, fate worked out for me; maybe it will work out for you. Don't give up!"
    She claps.

Well, it goes well until after that, where she gets a little unfocused.
    "Ok, my turn. What's wrong?"
    "Well... Fate. I simply am not sure... That there wasn't a cosmic mistake in all of this. I don't feel more deserving...Than all the others, I suppose. It's quite troublesome."
    I ruffle her hair.
    "Well, for what it's worth... I'm happy things turned out this way. I mean, where will I get teacakes if not for you?"
    I laugh, and she laughs with me. I can't guarantee we'll find an answer -- I still don't know why I've turned out this way...Why fate picked me to have this gift, and not some other girl with a dead little sister...
    But it's just one step at a time.

"Ok, Aquamarine, you're up!"
    "...What's that? Is this...the ocean?"
    She ran her hand across the water's suface. The blank line of her mouth curved in delicate joy.
    "I've never seen it...before now..."
    "Really? Most of you guys seem...worldly."
    "I saw it...from above this world... But... It's a better thing...In person..."
    She gets onto her stomach and peers over.
    "Can we go surfing?"
    Was that a whole sentence without a single elipsis?
    "Of course!"

Or...not.
    "The pokemon here are kind of bad training, it seems..."
    "Just...A little more..."
    It's really hard to argue with her. Rya pulls like a workhorse, but Aquarmarine frolicks. That's a sentence I'd never expected to say.
    I indulge her for a little more, until she eventually pulls the platform ashore.
    "Thank you..."
    "No problem. Want to fish for a while?"

We train faster that way... Even if she clearly doesn't enjoy it so much.

And her bite techinque is the best here -- it's a little dissapointing.
    "What's that other world like?"
    "...Noisy. And... Different... Boring... Everything's too real... Or maybe nothing's real enough..."
    "And those things are the same thing, when applied to this topic?"
    "Yes. Everything's too pure… Like how when air is really pure... You can't smell it. Looking down into this world... Is like opening a window... With all the scents outside."
    I guess you're an expert in looking out windows, huh?
    "I like this world... And water that doesn't feel like pure water. It's got...currents and seaweed and plankton...It's got light on the surface... So I like it."
    She says, with a completely straight face, her voice its usual soft monotone. I'm not entirely sure she believes it, until she tilts her head and says,
    "People... can be too pure, too... So I'm glad... To be filled with debris."
    "Debris?"

"Yes...Pieces...like you."
    "Wait -- am I 'debris'? Bits of floating garbage?"
    "Yes."
    "That's the most insulting compliment I've ever heard! Can't I be something nicer-sounding?"
    "...But it's true."
    "Kind of irrelevant!"

"Hey, Jasmine. How goes the technique --"
    "Fine! It goes just fine! Fine!"
    "...Refinement?"

But she's using Bite more than Pay Day in her training... That’s the first she used it all day…
    "So, I take it's going terribly?"
    "'Fine' is kind of a worthless word, isn't it? Yeah... It could be better. I'm trying to work on good combat-ready stealing, but it's just so difficult!"

"What are you trying to steal?"
    "Well, it's less what I want to steal -- though, hey, if I could steal 'truth,' that'd be stellar. But a skilled ninja or a camera could catch me stealing... That's no good! I have to be uncatachable!"
    "How exactly would you do that? I mean, I'm pretty sure there's no way to make yourself invisible, right?"
    "Ha! I don't believe that there's something like 'no way' in the world of stealing. Don't get me wrong, I'm no silly little idealist like, oh say, you..."
    Way to smug it up, smuggity-smug-smug...
    "But we live in a strange world -- I wouldn't think anything's impossible. Maybe even impossiblity can be taken away."

She learned a new technique -- no good for thievery, but...
    I give her a little pat on the head.
    "Well, keep at it!"
    "Yeah, alright, boss! Oh..."
    She holds up one of my wristbands. I look down and see one wrist bare.
    "When...?"
    "Just now. Thanks for keeping my normal skills sharp, Boss!"
    "We clearly need better-defined rules. I am so making a flow-chart."

"Ready, Eda?"
    "You ask that of everyone, eh?"
    ...Maaaybe.
    "Point is, we need to get training, and a lack of cooperation isn't going to get us anywhere."
    "A touch cross today... Well, I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Snap to it, girly."

We train for a while; her attacks really are effective, though not because of her strength. She knows exactly where to strike, though. She seems angry and distracted, until she at last says...
    "There's something I don't get. Even I feel like I got more fight in me... And that Charizard of yours... She's too old to believe in things like love, right? But she does."
    "She didn't when we met... But I think life was kinda rough on her before we met."
    "And you turned it around, huh? Maybe I'm just too old to get it -- you believe what you believe. You can't change and have really believed it... I can't."
    "...I'm not sure I get what your problem is."
    "I don't get you -- that Charizard -- all of it. But it's what I came here for... If I can't learn, I can't get stronger; if I can't get stronger, then it's time they put this body in the ground."

"Well...You learned a new move, right?"
    "Yeah. Guess I did, and I'm grateful, as these things go."
    "There, see!"
    "I'll figure this whole buisness out eventually, even if it takes the rest of my life."

The light glows around her sly smile...
    And then it fades.

She shakes her head.
    "I'm too much of a spotted leopard... Even that form's deserted me... Maybe if it were 20 years ago..."
    "Don't give up that easily! Let's keep training!"
    She laughs, but gets back to it.

And Sword Dance proves handy...

But it happens again next level. She's almost evolving, almost ready... But she can't.
    "Haaa. It goes to figure."
    Man... I think of myself as pretty cynical, but she is just an endless ball of cynicism. Maybe when she figures that out, we'll make some real progress...

"But it is nice, having real opponents again... Those youngin's could either use their youth against me, or couldn't come close. A little balance is good."

Well, that’s happiness, right?

"Forgive me, but I still can't get over it! You forgot me!"
    "Well, you just sort of zoomed off. I got distracted by a mild case of hypothermia. You've never forgotten something on your adventures?"
    "Well, there was that time at the Cliffs of Logic where..."
    "Yeah, see? Anyway, training here is going to be tough...So we better get to it."

Very, very tough.
    "This is why I need your help for island caverns, you see. A good adventurer learns to play for her strength."

"In other words, these pokemon are bad adventurers?"
    "Exactly so! But a great adventurer can even conquer her weaknesses!"

"Have I mentioned that I love your modesty?"
    Or, rather, lack thereof?
    "Why, thank you! Ha-ha-ha!"
    And your wonderfully long attention span, of course.

"Just...don't stick your neck out too much."
    "I can't do that -- not if I'm to avoid being forgettable!"
    She glances back at me, and I realize...She's a bit more hurtable than I thought.
    "Don't worry. You're really not -- not when my brain's not frozen, anyway...And... I really am sorry. It's my responsibility to try and improve."

"And it's mine, my dear!"
    "Yeah, but you're doing really well as it is, despite this not being your area. I guess that does make you a great adventurer."

And eventually...

"Very cool."

"Last and least -- not!"
    "Of course not. After all, you're on my list!"
    We laugh. She's just so fierce about it that it's hard not to.

And despite my earlier worries, she's really developed a lot of strength. She's actually doing better than most.
    I tell her this, and she air-pumps.
    "Did you really expect anything less? I may not be your best -- I don't know how Miss Grumpypants is doing --"
    "Well. Less grumpy, actually."
    "W-well, my point is, you can't count us bugs out! We're mighty hard to squash."

She has a little trouble with Gyradoses, but it's mostly Ok.

"I think I'm fast enough...but...um...How's everything been going? No team changeups in a long time -- you're not just being soft-hearted, are you?"
    "I'm not." ...Mainly. I'm not sure, you know, tactically... But I'm also sure that I'm doing what I want.
    "Good. You used up your easy choice with me. And my replacement -- that little Pikachu --"
    "Raichu now, actually..."
    "Right. Her. She's been useful, right?"
    She looks at me a little nervously, and the math starts adding it up.
    "Of course. I... I'm really thankful; if you hadn't done what you did, we may not have gotten this far. It was really worth something. I'm sure it wasn't easy."[/color]
    "Darn right! I'm plenty connected to all the others you're catching, but when it comes to the real action, we're all in the dark!"

"Oh, that reminds me. How is Leafe?"
    "Just swell. Since our last training, she's really started listening to me. I feel like...like maybe my advice matters, now. I mean...We've been doing great!" She smiles big and bright.
    Sad thing: my pokemon are better romantically than I am.
    "Ah, boss! Don't discouraged! You still have that spikey-haired guy, right?"
    "I never had that spikey-haired guy! We're not! I don't --!"
    She laughs. It's hard not to.

Well...There's nothing left putting it off. This'll be, for better or worse, my last trip to the lab. Maybe he's saved the day...Or maybe I've ruined it. We'll know in a moment...

What will happen to Mellow? Is Seed going to continue flip-flopping about her feelings about this? Was Bill actually asking her on a date? What the heck is up with Terra?

Will I answer any of these? Find out next time!

...Feel free to read those in the most bombastic narrator voice you can imagine. That is how I am writing them.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, Eda can evolve in this version?!? Scizor!
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Wait, Eda can evolve in this version?!? Scizor!
    don't you need some item to allow the evolution or are you just canceling it right now?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Troll in the Playground

Neither, actually -- apparently this hack allows 'trade with item' pokemon to evolve, too. I need a pokedex for Scizor and them, though.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    don't you need some item to allow the evolution or are you just canceling it right now?
    All of the trade evolutions have been changed to level evolutions (except Machoke, which is a friendship so that one person that complained that their Machoke wouldn't evolve wasn't lying).

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So when Jewel tries, it wont work till post national?

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    So when Jewel tries, it wont work till post national?
    Yes, it won't.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Orc in the Playground

I'm surprised at myself that I forgot to read the next chapter after I was alerted of it. And after reading it, I only have this to say.

YES, MORE HELGA. I am pleased.

But at any rate, sucks that both Eda and GENTLEWOMAN ADVENTURER Jewel can't evolve without National Dex yet. 'Tis a disappointment.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 57: Maniac Mania!
    Spoiler
    Show

A scientist greets me at the lab.

Scientist: "There you are!"
    "What happened?"
    Is she...
    "It looks like a success! Well, partially."
    "Partially."
    "Brains are difficult things -- with Bill's help, we could untangle some of the fungus non-lethally, but we couldn't get all of it. We learned a lot about pokemon brains, though -- thank you for the opportunity."
    "You're...Welcome? Can I see her?"
    "Yeah. We have her in holding."

I follow him down the hallway, trying to digest what I'd heard. 'Partially.' What do you fo with 'partially'? Will that be enough to free...umm... the pokemon bit of Mellow?
    She's sitting, uneasily, in a small white room. She doesn't look wholly steady, and is fiddling with her glasses. I've never seen Mellow do that before -- Pokemon-Mellow never had them, after all.

"M-miss Seed!...What...What is this place? I'm pretty sure oblivion shouldn't have stuff and people and things in it..."
    Ha-ha! It worked! I resist the urge to give her a hug. But...Partially?
    "BeTrAyEr!"
    Ah, there we go.
    "So you're still around, huh, Other Mellow?"
    If the fungus doesn't have enough control to do anything...Then I guess I win.
    "...What did you do? ShE tAmPeRed."
    "You killed her! Was I not supposed to meddle?"
    "...It was...Our deal. I deserved --"
    "To be replaced by a psycopathic maniac? You said you were leaving her in good hands -- so I decided to be 'good hands' by fixing up you."
    "...So I'm actually alive again?"
    "I guess. I certainly don't feel dead, and I'm pretty sure these scientists do science, and not hoodoo."
    "Well... Thank you." She blushes and smile.
    "DoN't GeT cOmFy, HuMaN. VeNgEnCe WiLl Be SwIfT."
    "Can she actualy?"
    "...N-no. I don't think so."
    "Good. Listen, we'll catch up later..."
    I have to go thank Bill.

"Yeah, sure. By the way, whatever you did with Mellow worked."
    Bill: "The theory was the easy part -- once you know..."
    Do I sound that cryptic? Nah -- I have internal monologues for that.
    "Once you know science."
    Since I know what he knows, sans the science, and can't figure it out at all.

We walk outside and see a small, fast ship sitting in the harbor.

"How are we supposed to get out there with no docks?"
    They are seriously making me wade out to that ladder, aren't they? Well, still.
    If I thought Cinnabar was a tropical island, One is even more so. I propose a virgin pina colada and as many coconut shrimp I can eat will ease all pain!

Again: where was this dude when you were trapped in a clefairy body?

"Enjoying yourself, Mistress?"
    "I'M ON A BOAT!" And it’s actually moving this time!
    "I'm glad to hear it, Mistress..."
    We skip along the water in silence for a moment, the wind blowing at her hair. She doesn't say anything for a while, and Spike comes up and points a thumb at her.
    "Boss; you want to ask her, or am I gonna?"
    "No, I will... Do you know Bill from earlier, Terra? Earlier than the lighthouse, I mean."
    "The past is past. Unless, of course, we live in a world with circular time. But even then... I've got some future left, until it all loops around."
    I kind of want to know the full story -- but she smiles and it looks so far away, so bitter and so sad, that I don't know what to say.
    "Don't worry, Terra. I'll keep the future rolling along."
    She nods and walks inside.
    "...Looks like we're coming up to dock. Best let a sleeping dog lie, for now... But... Sorry for interrupting your boat ride."
    "Eh, I had been wondering what was up with her myself.”
    Yeah. She definitely knew Bill, for starters – of course, I’m also beginning to think she’s just using this mystery to string us along.
    “You think this is just some game to her?”
    ”…I know when she’s asleep, even if she acts like she’s awake. I know when her dreams are bugging her…and I can usually figure out if she’s messing wit’ me. Usually. Sometimes. But that… She meant it, that sadness.”
    “…Yeah.”

The breeze is bright and cool, carrying the scent of big red flowers.

No, really? I thought it was an island somewhere else.

So that's either few PCs, or this guy does a lot of work.

I was wondering the same --

At which point he literally drags me to a building on the other side of the island.

Celio: "I kind of assumed you'd be locked in your house for another few years."
    Bill: "I was going to, but I'm feeling much better now!"
    Celio: "Really, better?"

They finally remember that I'm here, it seems.

"Stop calling people maniacs, Bill."

"Though that description's accurate, so I can't fault it."

"To each their own."
    Celio: "True...But battling counts for so much."
    "I guess..."
    Guilt, guilt, guilt..

It's been a while since I've had a conversation with a human being this long, without it breaking out into a fight.

"Oh, so I guess training lots of pokemon here is right out, huh? I can't switch pokemon if I can't connect."

Bill flashes me a bright smile. You're a decade my senior, Bill. It aint happening.
    ...Besides, I... I'd feel like I was cheating.
    No, don't ask me on who! On no one! No one! I'm having stupid thoughts, that's all!

...Suuure.

Is it a fetch-quest?

Is it secretly a rocket hideout? Because I'm always up for that.

... So, is everyone here but me some sort of maniac?
    "Didn't you think at one point that you --"
    Shuddit, Terra.

A delivery quest. Like a fetch-quest, but in reverse. And yet somehow no better.
    "Well, sure."

Free stuff? Well, OK, then.

He explains to me that I can get to the first three islands using this.

It's not until I'm leaving that I realize Bill neglected to mention 'the guy's' name.

Ooh. I bet the beach is that interesting grey-black color.

But it isn't actually dormant? Isn't that a little dangerous?

The beach isn't black, but the water is smooth enough to surf on. I'll have to check around.

"Then you should probably go back to shore and apply some sunscreen, and maybe something to sooth the damage already done."
    Swimmer: "How dare you give me reasonable advice! Pokemon battle!"
    ....What?

Well, I could tell her to use Bite, but really...
    "Rya, use Return until the cows come home!"

"It is very good at keeping my face un-burned."

"Well, I don't..."
    I am still trying to cut back on pointlessly crushing people...
    Not that anyone listens.

See? Not listening, in action!

And I'm not really good at this whole 'not crushing' things....hm...

Anyway, there are wild pokemon in the grass, as well as a lot of funny rocks. They look very fragile.

Everything? Because sand doesn't look tastier.

On the other hand, the taste of level-ups is always delicious.

Yeah, if you like rotten eggs.

"That's the spirit!"
    "We must match their dedication, Mistress."
    Come to that, when was my last day off? That was...back in Celadon, right?
    That’s plenty of training!

She ends up kicking Azula while she’s in the air…But Azula grabs onto her and slams her into the dirt.

And that one’s over in a blink.

We walk along for a little while, in seeming peace and quiet.
    "MISTRESS. THAT REMINDED ME... MAY I SPEAK WITH YOU LATER?"
    "Sure, FISTI. Just gimmee a second."

"What? I did nothing of the --"
    Oh, nevermind.

Hate. Hate.

Much better.

Ooh. Free stuff!

And you will demonstrate that to me with violence, I take it?

Terra immediately puts up a reflective barrier.
    "What was that for?"
    "It'd be a shame if you were hit out of the sky...like you were a few fights ago."
    "Thank you...for...reminding me of that....grrr..."
    "Haughty spirit before a fall, remember? Do be careful in the air, my dear."
    "...You're just messing with my head, aren't you?"
    "Please. I mess with everyone's heads."

"Like so."

"Mistress! Tell her to stop riling me up while we're fighting!"
    "Mistress... She started it."
    "Did not!"
    "Did so."
    ...Wow, the internet was right. Pokemon training is just like raising kids.

"Frivolous?! I happen to like this outfit!"

And after every one of his fights, you jump the other trainer? Reeeaaal nice.

A spa? I've never been to a spa before...

..."Yes?"

Nod and smile, nod and smile.

"Yeah, that makes sense."

Seriously? What are you, a superhero? The Spa-tacular Spiderman?

Free stuff that lets me bust open rocks? Yes, please!

An...HM? Now I'm really curious as to how he used it.

hmmm.... What to do with this...

Ok, so we've got two votes:
    #1: What do we do with rock smash? We can go back to the move forgetter and replace it with something later, and later we can transfer it to a full HM slave. But in the meanwhile, we're stuck with it, and probably need it.

#2: Which new pokemon? Not shown are also Slowpoke and Geodude for pokemon we haven't caught yet. And Ponyta, of course. Name suggestions are also appreciated.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-03-19 at 12:14 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"It'd be a shame if you were hit out of the sky...like you were a few fights ago."
    Color flub.

1): Forget about Rock Smash.

2): A tom-boy Slowpoke (who should go Slowking if somehow possible) named Tammy (or Tommi). Surprisingly intellignet.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ponyta is the only option. Because ponies.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

A Ponyta named Twilight.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

definatilly a ponyta.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    A Ponyta named Twilight.
    Confound these ponies, they drive me to crossovers! (+1)

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chapter 55: I fell into a burning ring of fire

"That was barely a fight at all! ...By the way, can we get a pony?"
    "What is it with little girls and ponies?"
    "...I just like ponytas. They look like they'd be good friends. And Friendship is Magic!"
    The innocence...can't...breath...
    "...We'll see about finding one."
    I think Rya's been promised a pony. Who wants to vote that Seed breaks a promise? Not me, that's for sure; I vote pony.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    I think Rya's been promised a pony. Who wants to vote that Seed breaks a promise? Not me, that's for sure; I vote pony.
    Get a Slowpoke (or fish for something else) at treasure beach. Get a Ponyta at kindle road, and save your Mt. Ember opportunity for a Magmar. Exclusive location.
    Last edited by fizzmaister; 2011-03-19 at 08:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Get ponyta and named it Twilight, because friendship is magic

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShellBullet View Post
    Get ponyta and named it Twilight, because friendship is magic
    Yes, it is, and Twilight even turns into to a Ponyta temporarily in the series*.

Sadly, I cannot find a screen cap.

*Eh, close enough anyway.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Orc in the Playground

Am I the only one here who doesn't care for all this talk about ponies?
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!