New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play Touhoumon - Gotta Graze 'Em All!

Sabrina isn't as tough as Koga was, but she definitely isn't a pushover. High Special Defense stat will save your life this time around, so Poppins is a definite. Any with Bug/Ghost moves will also work. If you haven't taught any of your Touhoumon the Sonicboom TM yet, I recommend teaching it to someone who can use it, like Miyazaki.

Also, prepare for some massive Psychic spam. I was caught offguard and, well, it wasn't pretty. o_o
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Banned

And going into this vote almost entirely arbitrarily, i'm going to say: Magic Mary, Tachikoma, Poppins, Apple, Miyazaki and Believe It!

No idea if they will be good for it or not, but they get my votes.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll vote for Poppins, Miyazaki, Tachikoma, Shinku, Souseiseki, and Orange.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Pixie in the Playground

...was that Patchouli with a nice amount of physical Defense...? OH GOD WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO

Uh, my vote? Let's see... Magic Mary because beams are cool, Miyazaki and Poppins because throwing balls are cool, China-Li because it would be rather amusing to have her beat some Psychic stuff around (although I don't see that working out unless Quick Claws really love you), Tachikoma because spiders are cool and Asakura because birds are cool.

I guess.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Queeestion.

Would anyone happen to know what Final Marisa/Remilia/Sakuya are good at?

Also, assuming I have no other grass types, is it stupid/redundant of me to have both Kanako and (either Final or EX, as soon as I decide) Marisa? For the record, I have eight on the team now and try to keep them at the same level.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Actually, it's nine, but I may ditch some since that's getting ridiculous. In fact, even if you don't know what the difference is, feel free to pick evolutions and so forth, since I'm indecisive Thanks in advance for any input. Feel free to tell me to catch more stuff too, though the team's huge already.

Spoiler
    Show

Level 36 Yamame, caught in Yamame's tunnel at level 34, two more levels to EX.

Level 37 Parsee, caught in the tunnel at 37 (the place is a gold mine, I tell you), one more level to EX, never let out of the box and is presumably jealous of the ones that get to participate, intend to train this one soon now that everyone's caught up.

Final Patchouli, caught at level 12ish, level 37.

Remilia, either Final at some point with a moon stone or EX at level 44. Caught at level 17, now 37.

Yuyuko, going to go Advent here, level 37, caught at 15.

Marisa, caught at level 6 in Viridian Forest, now 36. Could go Final (forgot which stone, was it moon?) or EX. Advent isn't to my liking.

Kanako, level 36, caught at 14ish. Going EX at 44.

EX Wriggle, caught at 7ish, now 38.

Sakuya, my starter, now 36. Again, could go Final with a moon stone or EX next level. I've only got one moon stone, so please bear that in mind.

Oh, and there's a level 36 (EX at 44) Utsuho too. So that's ten. And I intend to level up a Toyohime (on a "seems like a waste not to" basis, though I have no idea who the character is) and a level five Nitori eventually. Yes I get carried away.

I feel I should triage the team at this point. If you think any need to be cut, let me know, I appreciate any help. Turbo mode can only ease the pain of grinding so much.

Mirrinus: I hope you use a map for Saffron Gym. For the sake of your sanity. That place... gah. So horrible. It'll be curbstomped by Final Patchouli and Remilia, not to mention Wriggle and Yamame. I just need to get past Renko at Silph Co. first (L41 Aya, L44 Reimu, raege).
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-06-17 at 02:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Queeestion.

Would anyone happen to know what Final Marisa/Remilia/Sakuya are good at?
    All Final evolutions have stats designed for tanking (100+ in both defenses and HP).

Also, assuming I have no other grass types, is it stupid/redundant of me to have both Kanako and (either Final or EX, as soon as I decide) Marisa? For the record, I have eight on the team now and try to keep them at the same level.
    Doesn't really matter. Marisa's fast, Kanako's slow. Marisa gets a bunch of unique electric moves like Blazing Star. 2 electric types is no big deal.

Thing is, pretty much every single character is usable in this game. Some are just better than others, but even the worst is still leagues ahead of the worst things you find in Pokemon. I can't really say much more beyond personal preference.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    All Final evolutions have stats designed for tanking (100+ in both defenses and HP).

Doesn't really matter. Marisa's fast, Kanako's slow. Marisa gets a bunch of unique electric moves like Blazing Star. 2 electric types is no big deal.

Thing is, pretty much every single character is usable in this game. Some are just better than others, but even the worst is still leagues ahead of the worst things you find in Pokemon. I can't really say much more beyond personal preference.
    Right, thanks a lot. I'll go with... hm. Final Sakuya, then. Or maybe Final Remilia just because the sprite looks completely awesome. We'll see. Then ditch Yamame, Parsee and possibly Kanako. And pick up Shinki as soon as I hit the safari.

Thanks for the help! Nice to be playing a balanced game for once, too. Well, with the exception of Advent Yuyuko. Total of 710 in base stats? Really?
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-06-17 at 02:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #428

Thanks for the help! Nice to be playing a balanced game for once, too. Well, with the exception of Advent Yuyuko. Total of 710 in base stats? Really?
    Are you using the Touhoudex wiki? Because that's outdated and only for the original Japanese version. If you're playing Aqua's version (same one I'm using), then Advent Yuyuko should only have a 580 stat total (which is still well above average, even for this game).
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Are you using the Touhoudex wiki? Because that's outdated and only for the original Japanese version. If you're playing Aqua's version (same one I'm using), then Advent Yuyuko should only have a 580 stat total (which is still well above average, even for this game).
    I am. Kinda got the feeling that it's rather outdated, but eh. Best I've got.

That said, I don't seem to have what you do either. Plot differences, red pins, Team Rocket being all math-ish and so forth seem to be missing. Also Flandre and Suwako, but maybe they're just stupidly elusive, I don't know.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #430

I am. Kinda got the feeling that it's rather outdated, but eh. Best I've got.

That said, I don't seem to have what you do either. Plot differences, red pins, Team Rocket being all math-ish and so forth seem to be missing. Also Flandre and Suwako, but maybe they're just stupidly elusive, I don't know.
    Of course not. I've been editting all of that in. Did you really think the original game was crossed over with TWEWY? It started off as a joke on my part, then I suddenly started running off with it. Eh, it keeps things interesting for me.

(Flandre and Suwako are both very, very rare. The former took me about 15 minutes of searching to find, but she's just north of Cerulean.)

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Of course not. I've been editting all of that in. Did you really think the original game was crossed over with TWEWY? It started off as a joke on my part, then I suddenly started running off with it. Eh, it keeps things interesting for me.

(Flandre and Suwako are both very, very rare. The former took me about 15 minutes of searching to find, but she's just north of Cerulean.)
    I, uh, kinda spent a few hours on turbo searching for both. Pity, they're some of my favourite characters. Also couldn't find Nazrin.

And yes, I did think so. Partly since Romhacks often take some... artistic license, partly because I don't second-guess anything in the actual dialogue boxes like Giovanni's sudden messianic delusions,, and partly because I know nothing of TWEWY.

Edit: I just caught a Nue, wish I could name it Nuerlathotep
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-06-17 at 04:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

And yes, I did think so. Partly since Romhacks often take some... artistic license, partly because I don't second-guess anything in the actual dialogue boxes like Giovanni's sudden messianic delusions,, and partly because I know nothing of TWEWY.
    You know there's a cure for that these days, right?
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2010-06-17 at 04:49 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

I caught Suwako my first try. I saw Kanako once, but that was before I had any Touhou orbs, sob weep.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    You know there's a cure for that these days, right?
    Eh. I've got enough games lined up that I'm in no hurry to add more.

Edit: Potato, there's one... I forget. Near the road to Indigo Plateau, maybe? Kanako shows up there, anyway. Level 14ish, that's where I caught mine.

Also, Koga is down and Shinki is caught. Now to grind.

Double edit: Also to find someone who can learn Strength and isn't Sakuya or Remilia, those two aren't in any position to waste move slots.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-06-17 at 05:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, question dos. Assuming non-EX (that is, vanilla) Yuyuko, when does she finally get around to learning Resurrection Butterfly? It's supposedly 48, but that gave me Mean Look. The wiki has lied to me once again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

16. - Top - End - #436

Okay, question dos. Assuming non-EX (that is, vanilla) Yuyuko, when does she finally get around to learning Resurrection Butterfly? It's supposedly 48, but that gave me Mean Look. The wiki has lied to me once again.
    Resurrection Butterfly isn't in Aqua's version, I believe.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Resurrection Butterfly isn't in Aqua's version, I believe.
    Noooooooooooo!

Er... any other suitably Yuyuko-ish moves, then?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

18. - Top - End - #438

Noooooooooooo!

Er... any other suitably Yuyuko-ish moves, then?
    Sorry, she doesn't get any super-unique moves that only she gets. She does share Occult Dance (lvl 55 Advent Yuyuko) with Mima and maybe one or two other characters (ghost-type Superpower move, good for mixed sweeping sets). There's also Petal Storm (lvl 50 AYuyuko), a steel-type 95 bp move that she shares with Youmu and Youki (I think it's suppose to be one of Youmu's spellcards from SWR). She's very versatile, so you can use her as a sweeper, cleric, annoyer, or even tank.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Good enough.

Also, I'm lacking in the subtlety department, so I only really deal in tanks and sweepers. Thanks, anyway. Advent time!

Edit: Honestly, I pretty much picked Yuyuko because she's one of the best boss fights in the entire series

Double edit: I don't suppose there's a way to forget moves? Mostly to delete Final Patchy's flash move, so it can make way for the eventual Five Elements.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-06-17 at 04:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

20. - Top - End - #440

Double edit: I don't suppose there's a way to forget moves? Mostly to delete Final Patchy's flash move, so it can make way for the eventual Five Elements.
    There's a move deleter in Fuchsia City, I think. He's right next to the Eirin Center.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

There's a move deleter in Fuchsia City, I think. He's right next to the Eirin Center.
    Thanks. I feel a little bad pestering you with all these questions ("HELP ME MIRRINUS" is pretty much all I say now, not that I actually know where the meme's from), but thanks a lot for the help.

Oh, and by the way? Three Island. Solid gold for grinding. So much grinding. I may not leave till my team is about L50. Also the Pokemon mansion has Ex-Flandre at level 44. Gleeeeeeeeeee.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

22. - Top - End - #442
    Pixie in the Playground

Mirrinus: I hope you use a map for Saffron Gym. For the sake of your sanity. That place... gah. So horrible. It'll be curbstomped by Final Patchouli and Remilia, not to mention Wriggle and Yamame. I just need to get past Renko at Silph Co. first (L41 Aya, L44 Reimu, raege).
    It's been a long time since I last played this game (the official versions at least), but if I'm not mistaken... if you ALWAYS go to the same direction, you'll end up in all rooms and eventually in Sabrina's room. Or was it always going up/down? I don't remember how it was exactly, but it's easier than you think.

Also the Pokemon mansion has Ex-Flandre at level 44. Gleeeeeeeeeee.
    oh god what

23. - Top - End - #443

Let's Play Touhoumon - Chapter 6-3

Spoiler
    Show
    Saffron Gym, eh? The mystical bastion of psychic powers in this region? Sounds like an exciting place to be spending my vacation! Ooh, I better take pictures and talk to the students and...I wonder if they allow flash photography?

Yeah, yeah, thanks for telling me what I already know. You'd think I'd have figured this out by now if I'm already on the 6th gym, huh?

You know, being a tourist is great, though. See, when you're a tourist, people give you these nifty maps and guides that show you where to go. Look: I've got an entire map of this gym's teleportation floor structure! Apparently, they're available from the Saffron travel agency. Kind of silly of them to have this obstacle for challenging trainers, isn't it?

Actually, just kidding. Everyone knows you're suppose to always take the teleporter directly above or below you each time.

Ooh, how suspenseful! I get to meet with a real-life psychic and all of her students! Hey, hey, are you an Esper? Show me your powers!

Yeah, yeah, that's great that she beat up the mysogynistic pig next door, but what about your powers? Are you going to life a cup of coffee with telekinesis? Or light a stick on fire with your mind?

Don't tell me something lame like if your powers only worked in closed space or whatever!

That's it?

Of course I want to see Sabrina! Why would ANYONE ever come here if they didn't? To see you two-bit hacks?

Can you tell me what I'm thinking of right now?

(Hint: it involves my fist and your face.)

Oh. Is that all I have to do beat her? No magic incantations, no unplugging controller ports, no praying several times? Just will it, and it'll happen?

I'm willing for a cheese sandwich, I'm willing for a cheese sandwich...

Your psychic powers are surprisingly lame. Even I foresaw this!

You know, I take back all my excitement over visiting this place. It seems like no one here has any mystical power worth mentioning. Why, I bet your leader Sabrina can't do a single thing to-

...What?

Eh, that was a short chapter (even though Silph Co. took forever for me to do). Let's start the next character vote early! Here are the new characters I have access to, whether by surfing, fossil revival at Cinnabar Island, or other events:

A. Komachi Onozuka (Water/Ghost, physical sweeper with some annoyer options)
    B. Letty Whiterock (Ice/Rock, tank or physical sweeper)
    C. VIVIT (Fire, sunnybeaming special sweeper)
    D. Layla Prismriver (Psychic/Ghost, glass cannon sweeper, like a weaker Attack Deoxys)
    E. PC-98 Reimu Hakurei (Psychic/Fighting, very balanced mixed sweeper)
    F. Dolls (Normal, very versatile as it can evolve into:)
    >> Shanghai Doll (Normal/Fire, sweeper, baton passes Tailwind for physical sweeping)
    >> Hourai Doll (Normal/Psychic, tank, cleric, baton passes Mana Charge or Calm Mind)

For now, vote for just the Dolls if you want either Shanghai or Hourai. If it wins, we'll vote for what to do with them next.

Look, I'm learning! I even remembered to get pictures this time!

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Banned

France, Holland, Tibet, Kyoto, London, Russia, Orleans!

Wait, what was I going to say? Let me try that again.

I see the psychic gym leader likes to pull off some weird Metal Gear Solid stuff. Wonder how they coded that in. Other than actual psychic powers of course.

Now, on whom to vote...
    I was going to say VIVIT but isn't that too much of a fanboy option? Nuclear robot maid apparently inspired by Nanoha character designs?

Let's go with VIVIT anyway.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Banned

Gotta go with Komachi. Charon's lazy, curvy younger sister? Yes please.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Banned

I actually like Komachi too, but we already lost Sakuya, and every group needs a maid.

Also, poor Kogasa. Her intimidate never works.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Do I vote for the robot maid who runs on Getter Rays Spiral Power Saboten Energy or do I vote for the lazy Shinigami?

I'm going with Komachi. Nickname her Rangiku, but beware of Shikieiki regardless of nickname.

As a side note, VIVIT does not run on nuclear power, that robot maid is Ruukoto from Phantasmagoria of Dimensional Dream.

Edit: Hakurei Miko ability is broken. It allows a move that works like curse in pokemon to give the benefits without lowering speed, when the Pokemon equivalent ability clear body or white smoke allows stat lose from a pokemon's own moves, but not from the opponent's. Was this a programing oversight or what?
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2010-06-17 at 09:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

Personally, I'd go with PC-98 Reimu or Komachi. I love that slacker. :3

On a related note, I didn't know Kogasa could learn Surf.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Firbolg in the Playground

Komachi; she has a great theme remix
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Edit: Hakurei Miko ability is broken. It allows a move that works like curse in pokemon to give the benefits without lowering speed, when the Pokemon equivalent ability clear body or white smoke allows stat lose from a pokemon's own moves, but not from the opponent's. Was this a programing oversight or what?
    I noticed that, as well.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.