New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Naku's Clearing

With some reluctance (wait, how can a letter be reluctant?), the letter eventually gives in.

To Her Eminence,

It appears I was wrong. I have been trying to achieve my goals a bit more brutally than I should have, and I apologize. It occurred to me after my conversation with your champion, Naku, that instead of trying to gain what I want with stealth and sabotage, I should at least try to solve this problem I have through diplomacy. We are both civilized adults, and the fault is with me for not remembering this.

Forgive me, there is a chance you have no idea whom I am. As you are the Goddess of Hope, I am the God of Despair. Now that I think about it, we are like siblings from a certain point of view. However, from another some could see us as enemies. I do not wish to be your adversary, and I don't think you wish to be mine.

Diplomacy cannot be done over this piece of paper, though, and I invite you to my home, known as Tower, with my soulbound oath that no physical harm shall beset you or those you bring with you unless you strike first. If these terms are unacceptable, then I am welcome to come alone to your realm, provided your soulbound oath of no physical harm unless struck first.

Awaiting your response,

Nimnarath
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Moozik

Grace does, indeed, take them both into the room, and even closes the door behind them! She also waits for the tune to finish, but lets Strawberry make the first comment, as she was the one that really really wanted to come visit, and it'd be rude to interrupt.
    [rhythmically vibrating gas]

After the two musicians finish their piece, Strawberry doesn't say anything, but applauds instead. The grotesque man turns around on his swivel stool, his grin larger than ever; the manly-faced girl opens her eyes for the first time since she picked up the violin - and looks at the mermaid in horror. She quickly puts the instrument down, mumbles something unintelligible and, if nobody stops her, pushes past the two ladies, out through the door.
    "Oh dear, what's up with her now?" the man grumbles, his expression shifting from joy to concern. "Though she played so well this time. You two did nothing wrong, don't get the wrong idea. She's just a little... if you would excuse me, I should probably go talk to her." He doesn't even wait for a response, before crouching through the door like the Tim Burton-esque figure he is. Which means Grace and Strawberry are alone in the practice room now.
    Now that Strawberry has turned her head around to look after the two humans, Grace can most certainly see that she's weeping silently. Tears are rolling down her grey cheeks, she sniffles a little, and though it appears she wants to say something, no words escape her mouth.
    ((Now they are where I intended them to be. No more chain actions and kinda-godmodding from now on.))
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Nick laughs, and leans back into the pile of dragons. His player can't think of anything else to say at the moment.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Forest

Alysha's head pokes out from the pile of dragons, her eyes pointed at Civvy.

Hey, so, uh, what is this place? Is it part of the Nexus? Cause that's where I was headed when I got shot at. If this isn't part of the Nexus, then I'm guessing it's really close.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Forest

Nick laughs, and leans back into the pile of dragons. His player can't think of anything else to say at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Forest

Alysha's head pokes out from the pile of dragons, her eyes pointed at Civvy.

Hey, so, uh, what is this place? Is it part of the Nexus? Cause that's where I was headed when I got shot at. If this isn't part of the Nexus, then I'm guessing it's really close.
    Forest

"It's, uh. . . . I mean kind of part of the nexus? It's pretty close, and there's a portal tying the two together, but it's not, strictly speaking, part of the nexus. Anybody from anywhere could come visit, if they'd like."

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [rhythmically vibrating gas]

After the two musicians finish their piece, Strawberry doesn't say anything, but applauds instead. The grotesque man turns around on his swivel stool, his grin larger than ever; the manly-faced girl opens her eyes for the first time since she picked up the violin - and looks at the mermaid in horror. She quickly puts the instrument down, mumbles something unintelligible and, if nobody stops her, pushes past the two ladies, out through the door.
    "Oh dear, what's up with her now?" the man grumbles, his expression shifting from joy to concern. "Though she played so well this time. You two did nothing wrong, don't get the wrong idea. She's just a little... if you would excuse me, I should probably go talk to her." He doesn't even wait for a response, before crouching through the door like the Tim Burton-esque figure he is. Which means Grace and Strawberry are alone in the practice room now.
    Now that Strawberry has turned her head around to look after the two humans, Grace can most certainly see that she's weeping silently. Tears are rolling down her grey cheeks, she sniffles a little, and though it appears she wants to say something, no words escape her mouth.
    ((Now they are where I intended them to be. No more chain actions and kinda-godmodding from now on.))
    Moozik

Grace does not stop the woman from fleeing, but does quietly word a few apologies. Both for intruding, and then standing in the way of her escape.
    Then apologies quickly again for standing in the other person's way.

Then she notices Strawberry. "Are-are you okay?" She asks, kneeling down a bit to be at Strawberry's eye level.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Naku's Clearing

With some reluctance (wait, how can a letter be reluctant?), the letter eventually gives in.

To Her Eminence,

It appears I was wrong. I have been trying to achieve my goals a bit more brutally than I should have, and I apologize. It occurred to me after my conversation with your champion, Naku, that instead of trying to gain what I want with stealth and sabotage, I should at least try to solve this problem I have through diplomacy. We are both civilized adults, and the fault is with me for not remembering this.

Forgive me, there is a chance you have no idea whom I am. As you are the Goddess of Hope, I am the God of Despair. Now that I think about it, we are like siblings from a certain point of view. However, from another some could see us as enemies. I do not wish to be your adversary, and I don't think you wish to be mine.

Diplomacy cannot be done over this piece of paper, though, and I invite you to my home, known as Tower, with my soulbound oath that no physical harm shall beset you or those you bring with you unless you strike first. If these terms are unacceptable, then I am welcome to come alone to your realm, provided your soulbound oath of no physical harm unless struck first.

Awaiting your response,

Nimnarath
    Naku's Clearing

Naku siiiiighs. This day was just not going to be getting any better, is it?

She needs to respond to the letter, but has nothing to write on. So she just flips over the letter from Nimnarath, and pulls out a pen to write a response. She thinks of two responses fairly quickly. The first is the one she really wants to send back to Nimnarath, but the longer one is probably a much better idea.

Dear Nimnimnaroo,

No.

You were wrong, and it's good of you to realize that you were wrong, and while diplomacy is good and a worthwhile goal, you have lost your chance at it. You see: you've been following this poor man, making his life miserable. You kidnapped multiple people, threatened an innocent little girl with death, tried to possess her shadow, and then after you let her go and promised her no harm, we found out that you had burned her town to the ground, and killed everyone there.

To address the third part of your letter before the second, no.
    Naku pauses writing the letter, and tilts her head to the side a bit, as if holding some sort of conversation in her head.
    Civvy does not, and will not, agree to that. You have done nothing to earn the favor of her presence, let alone have you done anything that would make her feel like wagering her very soul on any sort of deal you might offer. Plus, your offer is far too specific. There are many, many more types of harm than simply physical that can be done, and your deal sounds far more like a trap than anything else.

As to your second point. Yet again: No. Civvy has a few siblings. You are not someone she will view as such. She would also like to avoid being adversaries, but also will never call you, or consider you, a sibling of hers.

- Naku
    Her second, much shorter letter that she would have much preferred sending, simply read:
    Nuts!

- The American Commander
    Naku has no idea how to return the letter, so just kind of folds it back on itself, and asks Jasmine to put it back into her pocket where she found it from. Hopefully that would work.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

The Tower

A paper falls onto the surface of the tower. A figure rises, and says: Huh? Why did they send my letter back? Oh wait, there's a back.

While Nimnarath skims over the letter, Harold walks from the lower level.

Hey boss! How's i-

F****************K! G*****N IT! FEEBLE-MINDED, ONE DIMENSIONAL, VAMPIRIC A**HOLE!

I can see you're busy, I'll come back later-

Nimnarath looks upon Harold, and he implodes upon the dark god's gaze.

Doesn't matter if their word is worth less than the size of their tiny mortal inferior brain, I will have words with my sibling.
    Tell her about the company she keeps.

Nimnarath materializes outside of the tower. His shadow like form changes into a more less antagonistic one (see below).

Spoiler: What he looks like NOW
    Show

Nimnarath now bows his head, and kneels down at the foot of the tower.

Gods of the air water and skies, hear this oath. I may do no harm, physical, mental or otherwise, whilst I visit Civviron's realm. Hear as well that if the denizens of her realm impart violence against my person or spirit that I may do an attack of equal power against them.

With this oath said, Nimnarath looks up to see a portal. He walks inside it.

Portal

Nimnarath emerges from the portal and looks out upon the beauteous fields.

Would look better in flames...

After this comment, he sends his will searching for Civvy, not trying to impose it, but simply to let her know that he has come to her realm in peace. Nimnarath then sits down and waits for some sort of response. After this quest of will occurs, and Civvy knows he is here, Nimnarath hides his will and seems to just be a smiling man in white robes waiting at the foot of the portal.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-06-04 at 10:29 AM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

"So what kinda powers do you have, Civvy? You're a not-actually-Nexus goddess and all." Nick asks. he asked before but only Alysha answered!

8. - Top - End - #278

The Tower

A paper falls onto the surface of the tower. A figure rises, and says: Huh? Why did they send my letter back? Oh wait, there's a back.

While Nimnarath skims over the letter, Harold walks from the lower level.

Hey boss! How's i-

F****************K! G*****N IT! FEEBLE-MINDED, ONE DIMENSIONAL, VAMPIRIC A**HOLE!

I can see you're busy, I'll come back later-

Nimnarath looks upon Harold, and he implodes upon the dark god's gaze.

Doesn't matter if their word is worth less than the size of their tiny mortal inferior brain, I will have words with my sibling.
    Tell her about the company she keeps.

Nimnarath materializes outside of the tower. His shadow like form changes into a more less antagonistic one (see below).

Spoiler: What he looks like NOW
    Show

Nimnarath now bows his head, and kneels down at the foot of the tower.

Gods of the air water and skies, hear this oath. I may do no harm, physical, mental or otherwise, whilst I visit Civviron's realm. Hear as well that if the denizens of her realm impart violence against my person or spirit that I may do an attack of equal power against them.

With this oath said, Nimnarath looks up to see a portal. He walks inside it.

Portal

Nimnarath emerges from the portal and looks out upon the beauteous fields.

Would look better in flames...

After this comment, he sends his will searching for Civvy, not trying to impose it, but simply to let her know that he has come to her realm in peace. Nimnarath then sits down and waits for some sort of response. After this quest of will occurs, and Civvy knows he is here, Nimnarath hides his will and seems to just be a smiling man in white robes waiting at the foot of the portal.
    Portal?

Well. Due to Nimnarath being the exact antithesis of Civvy, the portal simply does not work for him. Nimnarath could probably teleport his way in, but there are some very minor shields in place to stop anyone from doing that. They likely wouldn't hold though, and are there more as a gently 'nonono, use the portal~' to any mortal trying to enter.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Moozik

Grace does not stop the woman from fleeing, but does quietly word a few apologies. Both for intruding, and then standing in the way of her escape.
    Then apologies quickly again for standing in the other person's way.

Then she notices Strawberry. "Are-are you okay?" She asks, kneeling down a bit to be at Strawberry's eye level.
    [Moozik]

Strawebrry sniffles a little and wipes some tears out of her eyes. "I'm okay, no worries." she says with a breaking voice. "That piece just used to be played on Soviet radio back home. It just invokes some memories, that's all."

Then she smiles at Grace and asks, her voice still kind of breaking: "You said you were a chemist back in your world, right? What's the technology level there like? Probably at least industrial age, I assume?" Well, that question comes a little out of the blue. Perhaps an attempt to distract from her crying?
    But since she lacks any kind of metagaming ability, Strawberry didn't notice how the two of them were having at least three simultaneous conversations earlier.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

The Tower

Or at least he tries to walk into the portal.

Ughhh, this is annoying! Very well, my oath is made, I shall get inside.

Nimnarath focuses his power and melts into the shadows, piercing his way through the shields.

Weak defenses. I will have to tell my sibling how to make better ones.

Forest (Just not the part Civvy is in right now)

Nimnarath makes it to the other side of the portal and emerges into a sea of trees. He sits down into a monk like stance, and sends his will questing for Civvy. Not trying to impose his will, only to show her that he has come (if she didn't know already due to him making a hole in her "defenses").

11. - Top - End - #281

Forest

"So what kinda powers do you have, Civvy? You're a not-actually-Nexus goddess and all." Nick asks. he asked before but only Alysha answered!
    Civvy would apologize, but this was her player's fault for missing that entirely. Sorry!

"Weeeellllll. I mean. Everybody around me just kind of more hopefully about whatever might be going down. And I can make some pretty great defensive walls. And I can keep souls in peoples' bodies when they might otherwise leave." Then she pauses, and blinks a few times. "Nononono! Not not not like zombies, or anything.
    Or anything harmful. Just. Like. I have a vampire working for me now that loses some of her soul ever time she drinks any blood. I can help with that. Thaaat's what I meant.

Also I have a Stand."
    Civvy admits, nodding gravely.

[Moozik]

Strawebrry sniffles a little and wipes some tears out of her eyes. "I'm okay, no worries." she says with a breaking voice. "That piece just used to be played on Soviet radio back home. It just invokes some memories, that's all."

Then she smiles at Grace and asks, her voice still kind of breaking: "You said you were a chemist back in your world, right? What's the technology level there like? Probably at least industrial age, I assume?" Well, that question comes a little out of the blue. Perhaps an attempt to distract from her crying?
    But since she lacks any kind of metagaming ability, Strawberry didn't notice how the two of them were having at least three simultaneous conversations earlier.
    [Mewzik[

Grace quickly picks up on that the line of questioning might very well be more as a distraction than anything else, so answers her other question "Oh yeah, yeah. Nuclearish age, I'd say. Space travel's not reaaaally a thing yet, but it's starting to get there.

To answer an earlier question, part of the way of making money as a chemist is to come up with something that can sell for a ton. For example, I, uh, might have come up with a gasoline replacement. Works the same way. But it burns cleanly, and can be infinitely produced. That, uh, that was a good day."
    Grace admits with a bit of a grin.

The Tower

Or at least he tries to walk into the portal.

Ughhh, this is annoying! Very well, my oath is made, I shall get inside.

Nimnarath focuses his power and melts into the shadows, piercing his way through the shields.

Weak defenses. I will have to tell my sibling how to make better ones.

Forest (Just not the part Civvy is in right now)

Nimnarath makes it to the other side of the portal and emerges into a sea of trees. He sits down into a monk like stance, and sends his will questing for Civvy. Not trying to impose his will, only to show her that he has come (if she didn't know already due to him making a hole in her "defenses").
    The Forest

"Well. Couple'a things." Civvy informs Nimnarath from her position, reclining several feet up on a tree branch behind him. "First off, I'm imagining that, since you were super fixated on that oath thing, you probably made the oath before coming here. Otherwise I doubt you'd risk coming here without its protection. Now, what did your letter say?" She continues, before snapping her fingers, and summoning a copy of the letter Nimnarath had sent her earlier.
    "Oh yes, 'no harm'. And what was it you told Naku earlier?" She tosses the letter off to the side, and it poofs into a cloud of pink smoke. "I believe it was about how if you break that oath, or lie about it, then your soul would be forfeit to the gods. Which would, quote, be the same predicament you would be in if you broke your bargain with me if you would make it, end quote. Now. You just broke that oath.
    Congratulations."
    Civvy hops down from the tree, and stands facing Nimnarath, standing proud, and regal in her own way. "You just attacked. You broke through my shields -- which are a part of me, and believe me I felt that, it did hurt quite a bit -- into a place you obviously are not welcome, and forced your way in. I think I, and everyone else you would ask, would classify that as an invasion.

But that's okay. Because I doubt your soul is in any jeopardy. Because whatever gods you might have made that oath to, the important fact is that they are not here. This is my realm. They have no
    jurisdiction here.

Now tell me, since my realm is keeping you safe right now: What do you want? Why are you doing this? I have done nothing to you. I want none of this. I will never consider you a sibling, so if you would kindly stop, that would be lovely."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-06-04 at 09:27 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

The Forest

"Well. Couple'a things." Civvy informs Nimnarath from her position, reclining several feet up on a tree branch behind him. "First off, I'm imagining that, since you were super fixated on that oath thing, you probably made the oath before coming here. Otherwise I doubt you'd risk coming here without its protection. Now, what did your letter say?" She continues, before snapping her fingers, and summoning a copy of the letter Nimnarath had sent her earlier.
    "Oh yes, 'no harm'. And what was it you told Naku earlier?" She tosses the letter off to the side, and it poofs into a cloud of pink smoke. "I believe it was about how if you break that oath, or lie about it, then your soul would be forfeit to the gods. Which would, quote, be the same predicament you would be in if you broke your bargain with me if you would make it, end quote. Now. You just broke that oath.
    Congratulations."
    Civvy hops down from the tree, and stands facing Nimnarath, standing proud, and regal in her own way. "You just attacked. You broke through my shields -- which are a part of me, and believe me I felt that, it did hurt quite a bit -- into a place you obviously are not welcome, and forced your way in. I think I, and everyone else you would ask, would classify that as an invasion.

But that's okay. Because I doubt your soul is in any jeopardy. Because whatever gods you might have made that oath to, the important fact is that they are not here. This is my realm. They have no
    jurisdiction here.

Now tell me, since my realm is keeping you safe right now: What do you want? Why are you doing this? I have done nothing to you. I want none of this. I will never consider you a sibling, so if you would kindly stop, that would be lovely."
    Nimnarath smiles.

Whether you believe that I am your sibling or not does not matter. You cannot argue with Galileo that the Sun is round. It is a fact, and the fact between us is that we are linked. I knew that coming here was a risk, but I toke it to meet you. I have broken my oath, you are correct in this, but I don't think you will do anything against me. For we are linked. There can be no hope without despair, and there can be no despair without hope. I do not come here with wishes for your demise. I come here to offer you with a gift, sister. A gift of pain.

You are young. I am not. I have been through much pain: human evolution, scientific discoveries, and worst of all your presence. You are my opposite. You have been through little pain. You have yet to grow. Before you say more, let me finish.

Demeter's daughter was lost to Hades, and her grief unlocked more of her power. This is what I seek to do with you. While I despise your very nature, do not fault me I am forced to, I still have compassion for the bond we share. All I ask is that you spend one week in my tower. Through your pain your power shall grow. You will evolve. It will be a horrid experience of which you will never forget, but (oh what is that human saying?)
    no pain, no gain. After this week in my tower, I will leave. If you wish me to return after this, all you must do is ask. The week in the tower will only be a minute in your realm. What do say, shall we depart?
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-06-04 at 10:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Nimnarath smiles.

Whether you believe that I am your sibling or not does not matter. You cannot argue with Galileo that the Sun is round. It is a fact, and the fact between us is that we are linked. I knew that coming here was a risk, but I toke it to meet you. I have broken my oath, you are correct in this, but I don't think you will do anything against me. For we are linked. There can be no hope without despair, and there can be no despair without hope. I do not come here with wishes for your demise. I come here to offer you with a gift, sister. A gift of pain.

You are young. I am not. I have been through much pain: human evolution, scientific discoveries, and worst of all your presence. You are my opposite. You have been through little pain. You have yet to grow. Before you say more, let me finish.

Demeter's daughter was lost to Hades, and her grief unlocked more of her power. This is what I seek to do with you. While I despise your very nature, do not fault me I am forced to, I still have compassion for the bond we share. All I ask is that you spend one week in my tower. Through your pain your power shall grow. You will evolve. It will be a horrid experience of which you will never forget, but (oh what is that human saying?)
    no pain, no gain. After this week in my tower, I will leave. If you wish me to return after this, all you must do is ask. The week in the tower will only be a minute in your realm. What do say, shall we depart?
    "First, and foremost: Please stop calling me your sister. It's creepy, and incorrect." Then Civvy just tilts her head at him. "Is . . . is that really your offer? No. No I'm good. Is that it? We done? Leaving now?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Nimnarath stops smiling. He doesn't scowl, but he does revert to his shadow-like form.

Fine. Ignore the truth. I shall as well. I did not want this, but I have overstayed my welcome. Goodbye adversary. You shall regret denying despair itself.

With that Nimnarath sinks into the floor, leaving through the hole in the shields.

The Tower

INCESSANT IDIOTIC INACCESSIBLE INVERSE IRREDEEMABLE IMBECILE! shouts Nimnrath.

Harold, who has since recovered from the implosion, wipes his shirt. I take it the meeting with your sist-

No. Not any more. If she wishes to ignore the truth, then I shall ignore it as well. It will actually make what comes next easier.
    Do you know what happened there Harold? She caught me in a broken oath! She can probably hear what we're saying right now. She has power over me, and that is not good Harold. NOT. GOOD.

After this moment of seething rage, Harold pipes up:

If she can hear and see you right now, perhaps we can turn this to our advantage. Don't move a finger, boss, I got an idea.

Nimnarath then proceeds to pace on the top level of the tower as Harold goes into its depths, and recovers a man and a woman, both looking around their late twenties. He is also holding a jagged knife.

Hello Civ. Never had the pleasure with these two before probably, but I can tell you that Jasmine has.

Nimnarath then looks up, and you can see now that the red slit was never an eye, but now a clear gleeful smile.

I'm going to let anyone reading this fill in the blanks on what happens next.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-06-04 at 10:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mewzik[

Grace quickly picks up on that the line of questioning might very well be more as a distraction than anything else, so answers her other question "Oh yeah, yeah. Nuclearish age, I'd say. Space travel's not reaaaally a thing yet, but it's starting to get there.

To answer an earlier question, part of the way of making money as a chemist is to come up with something that can sell for a ton. For example, I, uh, might have come up with a gasoline replacement. Works the same way. But it burns cleanly, and can be infinitely produced. That, uh, that was a good day."
    Grace admits with a bit of a grin.
    [Mousseic]

"Oh, the nuclear age is a good age. And the space race is a good time, too.", Strawberry confirms while wiping away the last few tears. "I remember how excited everyone was about space exploration and how we partied every time we were faster at something than the Americans. Did the first rocket flights already happen when you left your world? I bet with your chemistry skills, you could have made quite some contributions."

Strawberry is pretty surprised when Grace mentions her discovery. "Really? That's super! At least in my home world, you'd be celebrated as one of the greatest scientists ever. Be proud of yourself, you deserve it."

Besides the electric organ and violin, there are also a cello, a drum set, a piano, and two acoustic guitars in the room. Seems pretty much like a random arrangement. Strawberry's eyes wander across the instruments, especially the drum set gets looked at a good few seconds longer than the others. Then she looks at Grace again, sheepishly. "To be honest, one of the reasons I wanted to come here was because I thought I could maybe try some of the instruments myself. May I...?"

16. - Top - End - #286

Forest

((Sorry. Got busy over the weekend.))

Alysha listens quietly as Civvy explains what she can do.

At the mention of the other vampire, Alysha wines a bit.

Ow. That probably sucks. I'm glad I don't have to go through that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Nick HRMs loudly and shoots forward, curling around Civvy's legs.
    If it wasn't obvious he likes being on people.
    "A stand? Is that the thing in the show with the people? What does it do? How do you get it?" he pesters her.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

[Visitor Portal]

A man enters through the portal who really doesn't look like he belongs here. He's tall, dark-haired, and doesn't look like he smiles much. Or dares to hope for anything except someone's speedy demise. He's wearing his heavy chainmail and official black tabard with the Vigil crest, but brought no weapon, out of respect for Civiron's wishes.

Wenomir would normally not enter a deity's realm, but right now he really needs to. He takes a look around, sighs and makes his way towards the castle, hoping to get an audience somehow.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #289

[Mousseic]

"Oh, the nuclear age is a good age. And the space race is a good time, too.", Strawberry confirms while wiping away the last few tears. "I remember how excited everyone was about space exploration and how we partied every time we were faster at something than the Americans. Did the first rocket flights already happen when you left your world? I bet with your chemistry skills, you could have made quite some contributions."

Strawberry is pretty surprised when Grace mentions her discovery. "Really? That's super! At least in my home world, you'd be celebrated as one of the greatest scientists ever. Be proud of yourself, you deserve it."

Besides the electric organ and violin, there are also a cello, a drum set, a piano, and two acoustic guitars in the room. Seems pretty much like a random arrangement. Strawberry's eyes wander across the instruments, especially the drum set gets looked at a good few seconds longer than the others. Then she looks at Grace again, sheepishly. "To be honest, one of the reasons I wanted to come here was because I thought I could maybe try some of the instruments myself. May I...?"
    Mewzikk

"Oh yeah, yeah. There have been many flights up. A few space stations in place, I think. Nothing major yet, but a few small ones as more proof of concept than anything else. Alas, I wasn't able to get in on that one. Could prooobably reformulate the gas replacement for rockets though. Hmm." Grace frowns in thought a bit at that. That was probably something she could do for sure.

She does blush a bit at that. "T-thanks. It definitely didn't go unnoticed. I did get this, like, shiny gold coin for it."

"Oh, please! I'm in absolutely no rush. Enjoy yourself! Where or what would you like to go to?"

Forest

((Sorry. Got busy over the weekend.))

Alysha listens quietly as Civvy explains what she can do.

At the mention of the other vampire, Alysha wines a bit.

Ow. That probably sucks. I'm glad I don't have to go through that.
    Forest

"Yeaaah." Civvy agrees, kind of sheepishly reaching up to rub at the back of her neck in that sort of anime-way. "She,
    uh. Wasn't doing so well. Had basically starved herself for a good long while before she got help, then found me. I'm glad you don't have to go through that either."

Forest

Nick HRMs loudly and shoots forward, curling around Civvy's legs.
    If it wasn't obvious he likes being on people.
    "A stand? Is that the thing in the show with the people? What does it do? How do you get it?" he pesters her.
    Forest

"Ummmm. In order!
    Stando."
    Civvy nodded for emphasis. "Yes. Stabs things really fast and stops time. And I got mine because I wanted one." And, really, a goddess in her own realm: Who was going to tell her no?

Forest

Nimnarath stops smiling. He doesn't scowl, but he does revert to his shadow-like form.

Fine. Ignore the truth. I shall as well. I did not want this, but I have overstayed my welcome. Goodbye adversary. You shall regret denying despair itself.

With that Nimnarath sinks into the floor, leaving through the hole in the shields.

The Tower

INCESSANT IDIOTIC INACCESSIBLE INVERSE IRREDEEMABLE IMBECILE! shouts Nimnrath.

Harold, who has since recovered from the implosion, wipes his shirt. I take it the meeting with your sist-

No. Not any more. If she wishes to ignore the truth, then I shall ignore it as well. It will actually make what comes next easier.
    Do you know what happened there Harold? She caught me in a broken oath! She can probably hear what we're saying right now. She has power over me, and that is not good Harold. NOT. GOOD.

After this moment of seething rage, Harold pipes up:

If she can hear and see you right now, perhaps we can turn this to our advantage. Don't move a finger, boss, I got an idea.

Nimnarath then proceeds to pace on the top level of the tower as Harold goes into its depths, and recovers a man and a woman, both looking around their late twenties. He is also holding a jagged knife.

Hello Civ. Never had the pleasure with these two before probably, but I can tell you that Jasmine has.

Nimnarath then looks up, and you can see now that the red slit was never an eye, but now a clear gleeful smile.

I'm going to let anyone reading this fill in the blanks on what happens next.
    Civvy actually cannot see, nor hear any of what happened right after he got back to the tower. She watched long enough to make sure that was where he was going, then tuned out. So, really, there's no audience to kill the people for. Probably best to save them.

A few minutes later~!

"You want me to what?" Naku asks, eyebrow raising.
    "You heard me."
    "Storm the tower?"
    "Uh huh!"
    ". . . but whyyyyy."
    "Beeeeeecause I'm asking you nicely?" Civvy says, a bit unsure, with a shrug.
    "But you want me to take help too."
    "Yeah."
    "You do know any help wou-"
    "I know. I do fully know. I don't want to say 'Oh just do it, it's good for you', because forcing you to do something you don't want to would be bad of me.
    Buuut. You know what they say. If you do something you don't want to every day, then you'll be all the stronger for it!"

Naku gives her a flat look.
    "Pluuus I'm asking nicely."
    Naku rolls her eyes, and sighs.
    "I knew you'd come around!"
    "I don't want to go babysit though."
    "Then make it entertaining! Leave your weapons here."
    "No, no. It's fine. You're right. I'm sure it'll be fun."
    "There you go! Remember to take Grant with you."
    "Yes mom. Where am I finding the others?"
    "I have no idea."
    "What?"
    "What?"
    ". . ." Naku just siiiiighs, and leaves to go get ready.
    "I'm sure someone'll PM me about it." Civvy mutters, before leaving herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Visitor Portal]

A man enters through the portal who really doesn't look like he belongs here. He's tall, dark-haired, and doesn't look like he smiles much. Or dares to hope for anything except someone's speedy demise. He's wearing his heavy chainmail and official black tabard with the Vigil crest, but brought no weapon, out of respect for Civiron's wishes.

Wenomir would normally not enter a deity's realm, but right now he really needs to. He takes a look around, sighs and makes his way towards the castle, hoping to get an audience somehow.
    Portal

"Evening." Comes a voice from off to Wenomir's side. Naku drops out of the tree she had just been in, landing gracefully nearby.

Naku is a vampire, first and foremost. Red eyes, pointy teeth, skin just about the color of snow, you know. Vampire things. But she also has dark purple hair reaching down to about her mid-back, is just about -- if not an inch or so over -- 6 feet tall, looks to be definitely of asian decent, though a generation or two back, and she's currently wearing a fairly dark color kimino, as if to back up that last point.

After landing, she stands up properly, bows slightly to Wenomir, and crosses her arms into her sleeves.

"Are you here looking for Civvy, or Grant? Because you won't find Civvy off in the castle. We've had a bit of a hassle earlier, so I'm here screening visitors coming for her, or she'd be here to greet you herself. May I help you with anything?"

She is also still armed, her katana belted on at her hip.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Civvy actually cannot see, nor hear any of what happened right after he got back to the tower. She watched long enough to make sure that was where he was going, then tuned out. So, really, there's no audience to kill the people for. Probably best to save them.
    ((They don't know that. That family is dead as door-nails))

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Wenomir bows slightly when Naku appears, and folds his hands behind his back.

"I'm Wenomir, commander of Vigil. I am looking for the deity that rules this place, so that would be Civvy. I require a god's help."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

Mewzikk

"Oh yeah, yeah. There have been many flights up. A few space stations in place, I think. Nothing major yet, but a few small ones as more proof of concept than anything else. Alas, I wasn't able to get in on that one. Could prooobably reformulate the gas replacement for rockets though. Hmm." Grace frowns in thought a bit at that. That was probably something she could do for sure.

She does blush a bit at that. "T-thanks. It definitely didn't go unnoticed. I did get this, like, shiny gold coin for it."

"Oh, please! I'm in absolutely no rush. Enjoy yourself! Where or what would you like to go to?"
    [♮∣♩♬♬♩]

"Well, I think that won't be necessary anymore in the Nexus. I don't really know what those starships and spaceplanes run on, but it doesn't seem to be rocket fuel." Strawberry falls silent for a second, thinking on how to continue this conversation. "Sooo, were you given a choice of what to research? Either way, is there some field of chemistry that you're especially interested in?"

Kind of reflexively, Strawberry looks down when she sees Grace blush. "Oh. Well, I guess a medal is nice, too. But in my world, that discovery would have been an instant Nobel Prize!" It's not really clear if she's teasing Grace, or if she doesn't know the Nobel Prize is a disc in almost all universes.

"I already am where I'd like to be." she says as she grabs the piano and turns her chair around. After testing a few keys, Strawberry turns the non-electric piano's volume knob up to a decent level, because in her opinion, music just sounds much better that way. She gives Grace a brief look, smiling nervously. Then, she begins playing. Every note is hit perfectly, while the mermaid's face remains frozen in a blank, dumb expression.
    If Grace doesn't interrupt, Strawberry will be the first one to speak, immediately after finishing the piece. "I have to say, this room has some serious reverb for being so small and cluttered."
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-06-08 at 12:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

[Portal]

Wenomir bows slightly when Naku appears, and folds his hands behind his back.

"I'm Wenomir, commander of Vigil. I am looking for the deity that rules this place, so that would be Civvy. I require a god's help."
    [Portal]

"Well, what sort of he-" With that, Naku is cut off though, by Civvy herself appearing.

"Hello!" Civvy asks happily. The moment Wenomir's eyes are taken off of Naku -- be it turning to look at Civvy, or just a blink --, she vanishes in a poof of snowflakes.
    "I am she. What can I do for you?"

[♮∣♩♬♬♩]

"Well, I think that won't be necessary anymore in the Nexus. I don't really know what those starships and spaceplanes run on, but it doesn't seem to be rocket fuel." Strawberry falls silent for a second, thinking on how to continue this conversation. "Sooo, were you given a choice of what to research? Either way, is there some field of chemistry that you're especially interested in?"

Kind of reflexively, Strawberry looks down when she sees Grace blush. "Oh. Well, I guess a medal is nice, too. But in my world, that discovery would have been an instant Nobel Prize!" It's not really clear if she's teasing Grace, or if she doesn't know the Nobel Prize is a disc in almost all universes.

"I already am where I'd like to be." she says as she grabs the piano and turns her chair around. After testing a few keys, Strawberry turns the non-electric piano's volume knob up to a decent level, because in her opinion, music just sounds much better that way. She gives Grace a brief look, smiling nervously. Then, she begins playing. Every note is hit perfectly, while the mermaid's face remains frozen in a blank, dumb expression.
    If Grace doesn't interrupt, Strawberry will be the first one to speak, immediately after finishing the piece. "I have to say, this room has some serious reverb for being so small and cluttered."
    [Don't want to cause treble, but I flat out don't know what notes what those are]

"Lately medicines have been fascinating me. Current thing I'm still working on is a better burn cream. It's been fun."

Grace smiles a bit at that. An honestly happy, little smile, quirked with amusement. "Yeah, you know. Something like that."

Grace listens, and taps her foot a little bit (though never quite touching it to the ground, to avoid it making noise) along with the music. "That was really good! Another, another! And yeah, this room is quite nice. I wonder if they'd be willing to share the designs."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Nick slooowly slithers up Civvy until he can make proper eye contact.
    "You don't seem like a stabby sort of person. Is that all it is? If I want one really hard I just get it?" he asks her.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

[Don't want to cause treble, but I flat out don't know what notes what those are]

"Lately medicines have been fascinating me. Current thing I'm still working on is a better burn cream. It's been fun."

Grace smiles a bit at that. An honestly happy, little smile, quirked with amusement. "Yeah, you know. Something like that."

Grace listens, and taps her foot a little bit (though never quite touching it to the ground, to avoid it making noise) along with the music. "That was really good! Another, another! And yeah, this room is quite nice. I wonder if they'd be willing to share the designs."
    [Come on, you don't need to B-Sharp to read notes. Even A-Minor could do it.]

"Oohh, but biochemistry is pretty difficult, isn't it? Don't you need a medical degree or something if you want to make medicine? Anyway, I already see a rather huge market for your burn cream. You'd be surprised by how many beachgoers don't believe in sunscreen." Strawberry chuckles and immediately feels bad for laughing about other people's pain.

She beams with joy; it should be fairly obvious that Strawberry really loves music. And although she knows full well how good she is, Grace's enthusiastic compliment still makes her blush. "Thank you! But it's nothing that special, I think. The piano is just tuned very well, the room has great acoustics, and I practiced this particular piece a lot.
    Well, if you'd like another, you'll get another."
    She seems very happy about the request, though. With her fingers already hovering above the keys, Strawberry considers if she should play something dark and passionate, something light and bitter, or something inconsistent. She decides on the third option. The piece is very short, because it's actually just the last minute of an otherwise repetitive rap track. And again, she plays it perfectly.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-06-09 at 04:08 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Forest

Alysha, not having to add at the moment, stays sitting on the ground, listening to Civvy talk about her stand.

In her mind, Alysha is picturing something similar to on of her summons.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Wenomir nods again.

"It's a delicate matter, actually. You see, I need a new place for a soul that is currently stuck in some hell or other. It belongs to someone who willingly let his comrades kill him so they could blame it on us. He agreed to reveal the truth if I arrange for a better place for his soul. So I've come to ask for your help in this. I'm willing to repay the favour, of course. With my own means or Vigil's."

He's being honest about it, since lying to a goddess in her own domain would be useless, even if he wasn't opposed to it.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-06-09 at 06:02 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

Portal

Felandria flumps out of the portal, clearly she misjudged the angles.

She picks herself up and dusts herself off, she has decided to pop in for a visit, she needs to get her mind off some things, specifically relationshippy stuffs, and also figured she'd like to see a god's realm, since she hopes to have one of her own someday.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

29. - Top - End - #299

Forest

Alysha, not having to add at the moment, stays sitting on the ground, listening to Civvy talk about her stand.

In her mind, Alysha is picturing something similar to on of her summons.
    Forest

Oh no.
    Noooooope.

Forest

Nick slooowly slithers up Civvy until he can make proper eye contact.
    "You don't seem like a stabby sort of person. Is that all it is? If I want one really hard I just get it?" he asks her.
    Foeist

"Well. Um. Well I'm not a stabby sort. But that's why she is! Makes up for it! Yup!
    And I mean. Yes? That's about it. Though,"
    Civvy has to admit, biting at her lower lip a bit. "I. Uhhhh. Well I mean. Hope is literally my entire gig.
    So I might have an unfair advantage. You could definitely try though!"

Truthfully, if someone hoped for something hard enough while in this close proximity to Civvy, she has enough of a hope-powered-reality-breaking power that it might just happen.

[Come on, you don't need to B-Sharp to read notes. Even A-Minor could do it.]

"Oohh, but biochemistry is pretty difficult, isn't it? Don't you need a medical degree or something if you want to make medicine? Anyway, I already see a rather huge market for your burn cream. You'd be surprised by how many beachgoers don't believe in sunscreen." Strawberry chuckles and immediately feels bad for laughing about other people's pain.

She beams with joy; it should be fairly obvious that Strawberry really loves music. And although she knows full well how good she is, Grace's enthusiastic compliment still makes her blush. "Thank you! But it's nothing that special, I think. The piano is just tuned very well, the room has great acoustics, and I practiced this particular piece a lot.
    Well, if you'd like another, you'll get another."
    She seems very happy about the request, though. With her fingers already hovering above the keys, Strawberry considers if she should play something dark and passionate, something light and bitter, or something inconsistent. She decides on the third option. The piece is very short, because it's actually just the last minute of an otherwise repetitive rap track. And again, she plays it perfectly.
    Moozikzesness

"Oooh. Burn cream is a good idea. And yeah, biochem is difficult, but, you know. It's worth the struggle, right? And I might not have a degree in medicing, but I have taken a handful of classes about it. Things like ointment, how they work, why they work, from a more 'what they're made of' perspective." It should also be noted that Grace basically looks mostly like she's right out of college. 22, 23 at most.

"Perhaps. But tools alone don't make a musician." Grace says, shaking her head slightly with a grin.
    "Very nice! I always wanted to learn. I just . . . don't know. Never did. Do you take requests?"

[Portal]

Wenomir nods again.

"It's a delicate matter, actually. You see, I need a new place for a soul that is currently stuck in some hell or other. It belongs to someone who willingly let his comrades kill him so they could blame it on us. He agreed to reveal the truth if I arrange for a better place for his soul. So I've come to ask for your help in this. I'm willing to repay the favour, of course. With my own means or Vigil's."

He's being honest about it, since lying to a goddess in her own domain would be useless, even if he wasn't opposed to it.
    Portal

"I seeeeeee. Sooooo. You'd like my help in finding a place? I know a few gods I could try asking, if you would like." Civvy might be misunderstanding a bit, but she nibbles at her lower lip, mentally writing a list of people she knows she could ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Portal

Felandria flumps out of the portal, clearly she misjudged the angles.

She picks herself up and dusts herself off, she has decided to pop in for a visit, she needs to get her mind off some things, specifically relationshippy stuffs, and also figured she'd like to see a god's realm, since she hopes to have one of her own someday.
    Portal

Naku, once again nearby, and whose description I'ma just copy/paste from a slightly earlier post:
    Naku is a vampire, first and foremost. Red eyes, pointy teeth, skin just about the color of snow, you know. Vampire things. But she also has dark purple hair reaching down to about her mid-back, is just about -- if not an inch or so over -- 6 feet tall, looks to be definitely of asian decent, though a generation or two back, and she's currently wearing a fairly dark color kimino, as if to back up that last point.

What wasn't mentioned is that she's also wearing glasses. Not terribly important for the scene, but they're there.

"Are- . . . are you all right?" She asks from a bit off to the side, her arms crossed in the sleeves of her kimono.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

Portal

Naku, once again nearby, and whose description I'ma just copy/paste from a slightly earlier post:

What wasn't mentioned is that she's also wearing glasses. Not terribly important for the scene, but they're there.

"Are- . . . are you all right?" She asks from a bit off to the side, her arms crossed in the sleeves of her kimono.

Depends on the context, really.

Physically, yeah, that was nothing.

Kinda here to get my mind off of stuff, cheer myself up.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre