New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default {Nexus} Outside XIX

This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
    Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
    Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
    Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
    Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
    Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
    The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
    The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:
    The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.
    The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.
    Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about.

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Dead Pine Lake]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

Spoiler
    Show

[The Islands]
    Spoiler
    Show

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]
    Spoiler
    Show

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]
    Spoiler
    Show

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]
    Spoiler
    Show

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

PM Whoever's posted the current Outside thread if you wish to add locations to Outside.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-12-06 at 07:57 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Outside XIX

{Beddling}

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Melody shakes her head no.

Billy just stares blankly ahead. Um, do you want me to come, or am I free when you guys leave?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Free to leave I suppose."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "You'll free to go, but please remember what I said, alright?" Quinn says, giving Billy a small smile.
    Well, let's head for this Watchtower then. Melody says, and begins climbing up the stairs.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Jungle

Fluffy's arms are bit, but unless the hounds' teeth are especially strong and long, they'll fail to penetrate his scales. Even so, he continues to use his greater mass and brutal strength to break them apart.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

[Beddling]

{Beddling}

Well, let's head for this Watchtower then. Melody says, and begins climbing up the stairs.
    Quinn nods, and turns to follow as well - after giving Reinholdt a 'keep an eye on Billy while we depart' look.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Earl's Fortress

There's lots of huts on both sides of the river; they haven't been looked in, yet. But the only path two paths are the one they used to get here and the elevator shaft; it shouldn't be too hard to find. An elevator, though, that's where the trouble is.
    "So... fly up the elevator shaft then?" Reinholdt asks Ermine.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Rocket Wreckage

"I don't need to sleep. But fine, go with your mind-minions. I don't care; there's a village here I can bend to my will." Nephrim will turn towards the village and knock on one of the doors. She's still wearing the shape of a red-haired boy with blue eyes and (now rather battered) green clothing. Plus she has a magic halberd, a wicked-looking knife and guns stolen from Gordon ages ago.
    He doesn't have to go that far. Villagers were watching. I suppose I should describe them. They all are wearing monocles. They all are carrying teacups filled with tea and they all extend their pinkies while holding them.

And they all are wearing just loincloths. It makes Butler look like he's wearing a lot.

Oh. And when Nephrim approaches, one shouts.
    "I say! The star person comes!"
    And they all bow in a group, none of the tea in their cups spilling.

{Beddling}

Reinholdt follows up for now. At least until they're out of sight of the area and safe from attacks. He keeps an eye on Billy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

[Earl's Fortress]

"Sounds loike a plan, pinky."

Ermine grins, and walks up to Reinholdt. She'll allow herself to be picked up, whether Reinholdt goes in cat form or human form, and flown up the elevator shaft. And probably huddle against him a bit more than necessary once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

{Beddling}

Billy follows everyone up. He causes no problems as Quinn and Melody leave.

He even allows Reinholdt to tie him up again, if the cat will feel better.

Melody spreads her wings and waits for Quinn to lead her to Watchtower. She knows of it, but not where it is. Bye Reinholdt. Tell Mama I love her. she smiles at him before leaving.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Earl's Fortress]

"Sounds loike a plan, pinky."

Ermine grins, and walks up to Reinholdt. She'll allow herself to be picked up, whether Reinholdt goes in cat form or human form, and flown up the elevator shaft. And probably huddle against him a bit more than necessary once more.
    Reinholdt shifts into human form.
    And reaches down to grab Ermine by the scruff of the neck before flying up.
    I don't think there are going to be cuddles.
    Course it might not work as well on ermines as it would cats.

{Beddling}

Billy follows everyone up. He causes no problems as Quinn and Melody leave.

He even allows Reinholdt to tie him up again, if the cat will feel better.

Melody spreads her wings and waits for Quinn to lead her to Watchtower. She knows of it, but not where it is. Bye Reinholdt. Tell Mama I love her. she smiles at him before leaving.
    "I'll drop by and let her know you're doing alright." Reinholdt smiles.
    "Call me once you hear something."

As for Billy, Reinholdt does not tie him up again. As soon as they're a safe distance away from the hut, he lets Billy return to take care of father and uncle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

[Beddling]

Quinn nods a curt farewell to Billy, then a less curt one to Reinholdt. "Fare well."

...then she turns to Melody, holding out her hand with a smile. "We won't have to fly. I can just teleport us there."

------

[The Beach]

Meanwhile, a certain pale shadowdancer and a certain half-infernal half-Valkyrie arrive at the beach, hand in hand.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-12-06 at 11:45 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

As Kara gets there, she takes her bar of soap out of her pocket and lays it on the sand- with care.

And then she takes her clothing off.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

[The Beach]

Becky, meanwhile, strips down to her swimsuit. And eyes Kara appreciatively.

As she produces a pair of towels and a umbrella from her Bag of Holding, and sets them up on the sand.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

Kara picks up her bar of soap, stretches a little, enjoying the sun on her skin, and then runs off into the surf.

Becky, if she's still watching, will notice that Kara, despite being rather graceful on land, is about as good in the water as a brick. Odd, that.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

[The Beach]

Becky is indeed watching as she plops her rear down on the beach towel. And admiring. And looking a bit surprised - and slightly bemused - at her friend's lack of grace in the water.

Clearly, those wings don't make her a flying fish.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

Kara begins scrubbing herself with the soap quite thoroughly, all over, even her wings. And once she's done this, she rubs the soap residue a bit, again, all over, and then dives under the water to wash it all off.

She does this three times.

After that, she sits in the surf, preening her wings, specifically to get rid of any remaining lice.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beddling -> Gersemi's Isle]

Reinholdt flies off, to head here and give Happy some updates.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

[The Beach]

Becky, who has put on a pair of really cool shades by this point, has a book to read. Advanced Shadowcasting for Geniuses. It's not being read, though, because she's too busy admiring Kara as she bathes.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

Once Kara's done, she gets out of the water, and shakes her wings dry, which leaves them amusingly fluffed up. She walks up to where Becky is, and sits down beside her.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

[The Beach]

Becky, incorrigible brat that she is, wolf-whistles as Kara walks over.
    "Man. You sure know how to put on a show, good lookin'. All clean now?" she asks with a grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara nods.
    Wings aren't itchy any more, either.
    Kara slides herself over and gives Becky a snuggle.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

"That's good to hear."
    Becky grins, and snuggles back - and gently runs a hand through Kara's feathers. "You know, you almost make me feel overdressed right now."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

Kara smiles at her.
    And moves herself so she's in Becky's lap, facing her and looking her in the eyes.
    Don't be bothered on account of me...
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

[The Beach]

Becky chuckles, looking back into Kara's.
    And wiggles a bit, too...
    "Bothed by you? Nahh. Well...maybe if you're using a different definition of 'bothered'..."
    She grins.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

Kara grins at Becky, wiggling her ears a little.
    And leans towards Becky, reaching for her bikini.

The curtain, no doubt, falls soon after.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

[The Beach]

Indeed it does. For great justicepleasure!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Reinholdt shifts into human form.
    And reaches down to grab Ermine by the scruff of the neck before flying up.
    I don't think there are going to be cuddles.
    Course it might not work as well on ermines as it would cats.
    [Earl's Fortress]

"'ey! 'ey! I don't appreciate bein' 'eld like dat."

Ermine doesn't resist the scruff grab and stays still as they fly up. Though she still complains. Mean ol' Reinholdt.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Earl's Fortress]

"'ey! 'ey! I don't appreciate bein' 'eld like dat."

Ermine doesn't resist the scruff grab and stays still as they fly up. Though she still complains. Mean ol' Reinholdt.
    "Would you say you don't like being touched that way?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

[Jungle]

Damon keeps on backing away, trying to get into the trees so the flying demons can't get at him. He's not really trying to hit anything with his blasts of shadow flame, just trying to keep everything away until he can get in some cover and deal with things one at a time.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Jungle]

The hounds teeth are magically enchanted versions of a wolfs or a sharks teeth so depending on how resistant to magic Fluffy is in this state, he can resist them easily.

Damon managed to back away from the flying demons that suddenly decide that retreat is a better option, they really seem smarter then the average lesser demon. The tree demons appear to still want to fight though alongside the remaining hound demons.

"Die scabs!" Comes a roar as a beam of pure force hits the nearest tree demon, blowing a huge hole in it's 'trunk'.

Sarah have arrived it seems, flying towards Damon, just glancing carefully at the transformed Fluffy just yet.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Jungle

Fluffy's hide was tough before, but with him being corrupted, it's tougher than before. Even so, the hounds will find that their teeth can barely get through the scales.

But they'll find out he simply doesn't care at this point. He feels the pain, but is detached from it by his rage. Pain can come later.

He heads to the closest tree demon, knocking any others out of his way before making a fist and bringing it down hard, trying to smash it in one blow.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground

[Jungle]

"You're late, Sarah." Damon glares at her, then makes his way back out of the trees. He...doesn't particularly want to get involved in any more of the fighting, though, so he kinda...stays there...out of the way.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.