Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Werewolf/Mafia: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Spoiler: Recruitment info
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Game Play Overview
    (Largely taken from AvatarVecna and altered to fit this game.)

Spoiler: The Basics
    Show
    The game is played in turns that consist of six different phases.
    There's a draw phase, during which time player’s powers refresh and I, the narrator, reveal the resolution of the powers at the previous end phase. The Draw Phase is skipped during the first turn.
    In the same post, the Standby Phase will occur. Additional powers will resolve. In general, Hero powers will resolve in the Standby Phase while Villain powers will resolve in the End Phase.
    There is a Main Phase 1, identical to what in other games is called the Day Phase. During this phase, votes are cast on which players shall be Destroyed. Votes are done in red text. You may change your vote if you wish, in which case, you should edit your previous post and strike-through your previous vote. Generally, a Destroyed Player is Removed from the game, and their role shall be revealed. Main Phase 1 lasts 48 hours.
    In the Battle Phase, the player with the most votes is Destroyed.
    Then, in Main Phase 2, similar to the more common werewolf game’s Night Phase, power usage is declared, and will resolve, generally, in either the Standby Phase or the Endphase. Main Phase 2 lasts 24 hours.
    Endphase. Villain powers will resolve, and resolutions will appear in the same post as the next day’s Draw Phase, Standby Phase, and start of Main Phase One.

The game ends when either all Villains have been Destroyed, or victory for the Villains becomes inevitable.

Spoiler: Particulars
    Show

This game will be played mostly on the Giant in the Playground Forums and partially on QuickTopic, where you will report your M2 actions to me.
    This game does not allow PMs. If you wish to have a private conversation with another player (involving the game), reach out to me on your QuickTopic and I will make a new one between you and the person you are contacting, then provide them with the link. Each player may request a maximum of two additional quicktopic threads for private discussion.
    Not all of these roles will be used, I expect. Experienced town members will probably be able to identify the core roles, but outside of that many of these might not make it in – there is no guarantee that Joey will be given precedence over, say, Baby Dragon just because he is a major character.

Hero Roles
    Spoiler: AKA Town
    Show

Lovers: The lovers begin in concert with one another. However, both are Destroyed if one is. Mind Shuffle: On the first turn, during your Main Phase 2: choose one of the lovers to use their ability. The other lover can use no ability this turn. Any effect that targets the lover not chosen instead targets the active lover. Every turn thereafter, switch which Lover is active.
    Pharaoh ____ – Lover: You are bound to the soul of Yugi Moto until you can learn your name and pass on to the afterlife. The two of you share a special bond, and also a body.
    Mirror Force: During your Main Phase 2: Choose one player. In the Standby Phase of the next turn, that player gains the effect: During the battle phase, if this player would be destroyed, a random player who voted for them in the Main Phase One is destroyed instead. This effect lasts until the end of the next battle phase.
    Yugi Moto - Lover: You wished on the Millennium Puzzle for true friendship, and ever since that day your soul has been bound to an Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh. The two of you share a special bond, and also a body.
    Magical Hats: During your Main Phase 2: Choose one player. In the Standby Phase of the next turn, that player gains the effect: Cannot be targeted by card effects. This effect lasts until the next Standby Phase.

Joey Wheeler - Roulette: You’ve come a long way because of the help of Yugi. You will support him no matter what.
    Time Roulette: On your Main Phase 2: Roll a die (d6). During the next standby phase, the die roll resolves. During your next Main Phase 1, your vote counts as a number of votes totaling half the result rolled (rounded down) in the final tally.
    Exchange: If you change sides as a result of a card effect, roll a die on each Main Phase 2. On a result of a 5 or 6, you return to your original team on the next standby phase.

Teá Gardner - Magician of Faith: You never give up on your friends, even after they’re technically dead.
    Dirge of the Lost: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Destroyed player on your faction’s side. Gain the effects of that player, then perform the cost (targeting) as appropriate. Each character in the game can only be targeted by Dirge of the Lost once after their destruction.

Seto Kaiba - Vigilante: You can overpower this ridiculous magic with technology and brilliance.
    Crush Card Virus: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. Destroy that target during the next Standby Phase.

Ishizu Ishtar - Seer:
    You wield the Millennium Necklace, and can look into the future. Your Role PM only identifies you as “Tombkeeper Ishtar.”
    Swords of Revealing Light: During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Learn that player’s role.

Marik Ishtar - Fool: Once, you despised your Tombkeeper lineage and tried to take over the world as the new Pharaoh. Since then, you’ve decided to redeem yourself, but you’re out of practice being helpful. Your Role PM only identifies you as “Tombkeeper Ishtar.”
    Swords of Concealing Light: During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Receive a random role result as if it were a scry result.

Solomon Moto - Experienced Player: You’ve collected all the best cards in the game, and know it better than anyone.
    Spellbook of Knowledge: On your Main Phase 2: Choose one player. Their effect is boosted depending on their special ability. Once you choose a player, you cannot boost that same player until 2 Standby Phases have passed.

Duke Devlin - Duke: You’re a friend of Yugi’s, but you don’t even really play this game. You mostly play Dungeon Dice Monsters.
    Pfft. Card games? Who plays those? The first time you would be Destroyed, either in battle or by card effects, you are not Destroyed.

Dark Magician - Watcher: You are the Pharoah’s trusted friend and most faithful servant, and are ever vigilant in your task of protecting him.
    Eye of Truth: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. On your next Standby Phase, learn any player(s) Targeted by that player on the same Main Phase 2.

Dark Magician Girl - Lookout: You are the student of the Dark Magician, and must watch for what he misses.
    Sage’s Stone: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. On your next Standby Phase, learn any player(s) that targeted them, except yourself, on the same Main Phase 2.

Blue-Eyes White Dragon - Savior: Once, a demure little girl was born in Egypt, and was persecuted for… I don’t think we ever quite learned why. I guess she was just poor? Anyway, within her resided the spirit of a powerful dragon with blue eyes. And when Priest Seto risked his life to keep her safe, she fell into his debt, and turned herself into a trading card to protect his future reincarnation.
    Trade-in: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Until the next standby phase, any effects targeting them take effect on you instead. For example, if “Seto Kaiba” would be Destroyed by the effect of “Zorc Necrophades,” and you also targeted “Seto Kaiba,” you are Destroyed instead of “Seto Kaiba.”

Mai Valentine - Observer: You have tuned your senses to give yourself a near-psychic knowledge of your surroundings.
    Elegant Egotist: Each standby phase, you learn which players target you on the previous Main Phase 2.
    Aroma Strategy: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player who has targeted you. On your next standby phase, learn the results (verbatim) that player received when targeting you.

Baby Dragon - Grower: You are just a child, but you know you can grow.
    The Sands of Time: On your Main Phase 2: Add a counter to this card.
    Thousand Dragon: On your Main Phase 2: You can remove three counters from this card, then choose 1 Power listed in the Role Descriptions. Gain it. If you choose a villain power, it resolves in the Standby Phase.

Villain Roles

Spoiler: AKA Mafa/Werewolves
    Show
    Zorc Necrophades - Alpha: Zorc Necrophades, ruler of the Shadow Games, seeks to return the world to its primordial darkness.
    Magic Jammer: You cannot be targeted by card effects (player abilities).
    Tribute to the Doomed: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, Destroy them. This power passes on to the next villain in the event of its owner’s Destruction, in the order that the roles are listed.
    Yami Bakura - Devil: You are capable of assuming the identity of the mild-mannered Bakura, and infiltrating the circle of friendship.
    Puppet Master: At the start of the game, you learn four hero roles not currently in play.
    Cursed Mirror: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, learn their role.
    Dark Necrofear - Ghost: You are the Queen of the Netherworld, and the mother of the Cursed Twin Dolls. Destruction cannot keep you from serving Zorc.
    Change of Heart: When you are Destroyed, Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, take control of that target (they become a Villain).
    Diabound - Vortexer: You are the collection of the rage of the slaughtered village of Kul Elna. Your blood is on the Pharoah’s hands.
    Call of the Earthbound: On your Main Phase 2: Target two Players. Any card effect, other than your own, that targets either Player until the next Endphase instead targets the other.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

Number Player Role Team
    1 AvatarVecna Zorc Necrophades Villain
    2 BatCatHat Solomon Moto Hero
    3 Apogee1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon Hero
    4 CaoimhinTheCape Diabound Villain
    5 Elenna Dark Magician Girl Hero
    6 totadileplayz Yami Bakura Villain
    7 JeenLeen Mai Valentine Observer
    8 rogue_alchemist Yugi Moto Hero
    9 Gac3 Dark Magician Hero
    10 BookWombat Teá Gardner Hero
    11 Valmark Ishizu Ishtar Hero
    12 Murska Pharaoh ____ Hero

Turn One

Draw Phase skipped on first turn.

Standby Phase:

"Something wrong, Pharaoh?"
    The Pharaoh who had forgotten his own name blinked. He hadn't been here until just a second ago. "Bakura! What have you done?"

Spoiler: Location
    Show

"I've simply set up a game board. Want to play?"
    "What sort of sinister game are we playing, Bakura?"
    "If you must know, Pharaoh, this is a shadow game! The last shadow game you'll ever play! In this game, we decide who learns your name!"
    "My name?"
    "Yes, Pharaoh. Just think. A single word with the power to either revive Zorc... or seal him away yet again! Now those are my kind of stakes!"
    "What do you get out of reviving Zorc?"
    "That is none of your concern! Now draw your cards and take your first turn!"

Main Phase 1:

The players may begin.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-05-12 at 12:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Jeen draws his cards, places four spell-traps face-down, and leans back with quiet confidence.
    Internally, he suppresses the panicked thoughts of Please no Heavy Storm.

---

From the recruitment thread, we probably know Dark Necrofear is not in play. I say "probably" because perhaps a new player joining near the end might have alleviated Xi's concern about Dark Necrofear being too strong without a very large Town... but I kinda doubt one player would have made that big a difference for changing that decision.

But, as a new player joined near the end, I reckon Xihirli did go with three wolves instead of two.
    So we can presume that Zorc, Bakura, and Diabound are in play. Even if Xi decided near the end to do two wolves for some reason, we're probably best off assuming those three are in play and plan for the worst-case scenarios / interpreting what powers seem to be doing what.
    Even if I'm wrong and Xi did put Necrofear in play... Necrofear is basically a vanilla wolf until she dies. Basically a super-beast (recruits a townie instead of killing one). So she wouldn't be having any active powers that we could interpret anyhow.

---

@Xihirli: For powers that can see Roles (Bakura/Ishtar), if they targeted Ishtar or Marik, would they learn the person's actual role (and thus if fool or seer) or get the cover identity of the true seer (and thus be as ignorant as the fool/seer until both flip)?

---

As for who to randomly poke D1... well let's see if one of my Trap cards gets Apogee1.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-05-07 at 09:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

If "Yami Bakura" scried "Marik Ishtar" successfully, they would get the result "Marik Ishtar."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I wouldn't necessarily rule out Dark Necrofear, since Xi was debating it originally, adding one more player could have pushed her into adding it. But yeah, not really something we can know much about till they die.

rogue_alchemist, any thoughts? (RNG vote)
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-05-07 at 07:27 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aschen—! Oh wait, wrong verse.

Anyway, time to roll!
    rolls a d12 and gets a 6
    totadileplayz, the dice really do not like you.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-05-06 at 02:17 PM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, let's get going then. AvatarVecna, due to random rolling.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-05-07 at 10:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

I'll vote Batcathat for now. Not likely we'll figure out much for right now.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-05-06 at 07:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

*Pretends to have a playable deck but really filled it out with only monster cards of too high a level to summon them without tributes*

Oh yeah I totally know what I'm doing. Mh mh. BatCatHat, you're the first in order without a vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'd. CaoimhinTheCape, then.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-05-07 at 03:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Hello all. Been a while.

Plays down a forest, then Sol Ring, then Golgari Signet. Wait... that's not right. Just plays Hedge Fund and ices up HQ and RnD instead. Let's hope they facecheck into an Akhet.

Hm. That's enough single votes. Time to pile on some pressure. CaoimhinTheCape for both having a vote already and having already posted. Also for random voting.
    Last edited by Murska; 2021-05-07 at 09:30 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I had thought up a tricky gambit that relied on a fake-claim, but I found a better one that should work without me lying.

I think I found a way to either get a strong town network, relatively trusted, as of Day 2, perhaps with a verified seer. And/or I'll catch a wolf.
    Blue Eyes, if you exist, please do not target me.
    I reckon Tea exists since she is the baner. Please target me. Part of this plan works even if I die, but it'd be more fruitful if I'm alive.
    Seer(s), please target me. If both Marik and Ishtar are in play, and you both target me, unless by very bad odds Marik gets RNGed my Role, we'll know the real seer. It'll be a bummer for neither of you to get a wolf tonight, but at least you'll know your results are valid/invalid for future nights.
    Dark Magician Girl, not sure if it'd help or not for you to target me, but you might serve as a backup if I die. And maybe you'll catch Zorc by process of elimination.

If I'm alive D2, I probably will not claim my Role. I might have said enough to give it away -- trying not to, but not sure -- but I don't want to make it too easy for the wolves to fake being a seer. Or at least I want them to waste Bakura's scry on me instead of someone else, if they're gonna learn it.
    But I will claim if one of the seers says what result they got on me, to verify it and their powers. Or, well, if they're the fool, I may just say they're the fool.

Want to put this out here early in the Day. There's no votes on me currently, but I don't want it to sound like self-defense if a wagon does move onto me.
    I'd spell out my plan more, but I think there's both good and bad reasons for wolf/wolves to target me, and I don't want to make it easy for them to guess whether I want them to or not.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Hm. That's enough single votes. Time to pile on some pressure. CaoimhinTheCape for both having a vote already and having already posted. Also for random voting.
    Is me doing a random vote an actual reason for the vote against me? I get the other two pieces but everyone has to randomly vote to start since we don't have any info.

Vote Count:
    Apogee1 (1): JeenLeen
    rogue_alchemist (1): Elenna
    totadileplayz (1): BookWombat
    AvatarVecna (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    BatCatHat (1): totadileplayz
    CaoimhinTheCape (2): Valmark, Murska

Not Voting: AvatarVecna, BatCatHat, Apogee1, rogue_alchemist, Gac3

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

In this case it's not a real reason since literally every one of my possible targets had done the same. But yeah, in general, while early votes will be for weak reasons, there's a degree to it. For instance, my vote is early and it's not particularly random.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

In this case it's not a real reason since literally every one of my possible targets had done the same. But yeah, in general, while early votes will be for weak reasons, there's a degree to it. For instance, my vote is early and it's not particularly random.
    Is it "not particularly random" in that it is targeting someone with a vote already to apply pressure and try to get information/conversation going, or is it that you have a reason to target Cao in particular?

I'd say how I feel about the former or the latter, but I don't want that to influence your answer.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Both? I mean, I did explain my reasoning when I voted. Given that I want to pressure someone to get the first day going, and so have a limited pool of people to target, I chose to target Cao in particular because they'd already voted (and done so without saying anything that would make me consider them unlikely to be a wolf).
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Valmark for actively refusing to make a wagon. I'll also go on record that I refuse to be a hypocrite and will not be part of any D1 wagon on Murska, constant be damned.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-05-06 at 04:08 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Blue Eyes, if you exist, please do not target me.
    I reckon Tea exists since she is the baner. Please target me. Part of this plan works even if I die, but it'd be more fruitful if I'm alive.
    Seer(s), please target me. If both Marik and Ishtar are in play, and you both target me, unless by very bad odds Marik gets RNGed my Role, we'll know the real seer. It'll be a bummer for neither of you to get a wolf tonight, but at least you'll know your results are valid/invalid for future nights.
    Dark Magician Girl, not sure if it'd help or not for you to target me, but you might serve as a backup if I die. And maybe you'll catch Zorc by process of elimination.
    Tea isn't a baner though, they're a necromancer (?).
    Teá Gardner - Magician of Faith: You never give up on your friends, even after they’re technically dead.
    Dirge of the Lost: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Destroyed player on your faction’s side. Gain the effects of that player, then perform the cost (targeting) as appropriate. Each character in the game can only be targeted by Dirge of the Lost once after their destruction.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-05-06 at 04:00 PM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the baner role is Yugi, except Yugi is part of a weird "Lovers are beast-maker/baner but only one gets to use a power each night" thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Switching to gac3. I wanna poke an inactive, and it's been long enough that I forgot Valmark's meta about voting the first unvoted person.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-05-08 at 03:54 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Valmark for actively refusing to make a wagon. I'll also go on record that I refuse to be a hypocrite and will not be part of any D1 wagon on Murska, constant be damned.
    Yeah, the baner role is Yugi, except Yugi is part of a weird "Lovers are beast-maker/baner but only one gets to use a power each night" thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Switching to gac3. I wanna poke an inactive, and it's been long enough that I forgot Valmark's meta about voting the first unvoted person.
    I mean, it's true that I refused to make a wagon regardless of the reason.

What's the hypocrisy?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, some initial impressions: JeenLeen is good. The post from totadileplayz reads very iffy to me, like they are just saying something to get words out there without any actual intent.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I mean, it's true that I refused to make a wagon regardless of the reason.

What's the hypocrisy?
    The hypocrisy is about murska, not you. I can't just rant about how everybody immediately tries to kill me in half the games I'm in on principle, and then start a D1 wagon on Murska cuz he was that player when I joined. First game back, little bit of a break. I'll consider a wagon on him more seriously starting D2.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The hypocrisy is about murska, not you. I can't just rant about how everybody immediately tries to kill me in half the games I'm in on principle, and then start a D1 wagon on Murska cuz he was that player when I joined. First game back, little bit of a break. I'll consider a wagon on him more seriously starting D2.
    Oh I see, yeah that makes a lot of sense.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, look at all these posts already. That's what I get for forgetting to check the forums all evening.

Dice are fickle, so let's stick with returning the favor for now. totadileplayz
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-05-08 at 03:32 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I cast pot of greed
    It allows me to draw two wolfreads from my head

Elenna

Super thin but the "(RNG)" in parenthesis post random vote felt kinda well awkwardly justified

Also thought Cao's response to Murska could be overblown at a stretch

24. - Top - End - #24

Both? I mean, I did explain my reasoning when I voted. Given that I want to pressure someone to get the first day going, and so have a limited pool of people to target, I chose to target Cao in particular because they'd already voted (and done so without saying anything that would make me consider them unlikely to be a wolf).
    Honestly, that's fair. If anything starting a wagon feels vaguely townish, if anything. Just wanted an explanation on the random bit.

Not sure what exactly to make of Valmark deciding not to make a wagon with their vote, if anything.

Most importantly, Book makes a good point about the role. Does that change your plan/idea Jeen?

Vote Count:
    Gac3 (1): AvatarVecna
    totadileplayz (1): BatCatHat
    Elenna (1): Apogee1

Not Voting: rogue_alchemist, Gac3
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-05-06 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Ninja'd, vote count update

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jeen I can guess somewhat as to what your plan is. Have you considered how the vortexer interacts with it (in the -- in my opinion likely -- case that wolves have a vortexer)?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Honestly, that's fair. If anything starting a wagon feels vaguely townish, if anything. Just wanted an explanation on the random bit.

Not sure what exactly to make of Valmark deciding not to make a wagon with their vote, if anything.

Most importantly, Book makes a good point about the role. Does that change your plan/idea Jeen?

Vote Count:
    Gac3 (1): AvatarVecna
    totadileplayz (1): BatCatHat
    Elenna (1): Apogee1

Not Voting: rogue_alchemist, Gac3
    On the one hand, "if anything" three times...it's weak townread, but wolves tend to do this thing where they'll go back and edit something in the middle of their post to make it stand out less while still making the point they wanted to make (where townies tend to type more to get their ideas out and focus a bit less on how it appears). I feel like a wolf scanning their post for anything that's too weird would've caught this and rephrased, even if just to remove one if the "if anything"s that's in the same sentence as the other.

On the other hand, this post feels vague and wishy-washy. Doesn't really call anybody out, doesn't really add new information. Words for words sake, is my impression.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

On the one hand, "if anything" three times...it's weak townread, but wolves tend to do this thing where they'll go back and edit something in the middle of their post to make it stand out less while still making the point they wanted to make (where townies tend to type more to get their ideas out and focus a bit less on how it appears). I feel like a wolf scanning their post for anything that's too weird would've caught this and rephrased, even if just to remove one if the "if anything"s that's in the same sentence as the other.

On the other hand, this post feels vague and wishy-washy. Doesn't really call anybody out, doesn't really add new information. Words for words sake, is my impression.
    I tend to agree with the latter line, and think the "Honestly that's fair" into walking back the comment is moderately wolfy.

I'm not sure the extra if anything is something that like you can apply the wolves-edit-posts tell to. Almost think its the opposite, where a sentence was being constructed to look neutral and/or open and the if-anything double piled up because of that. Though yes, not a read I'll hinge a ton on (the above though, yes).

28. - Top - End - #28

Planetar

Ok I have to be honest. I actually fail to see how in any mafia set up adding a bunch of heat to a specific townie can help when a possible mafia transporter means that heat could be redirected anywhere. Or he could be the killer which means all card effects are nulled and simply say the lover must have targeted him.

So then cross-checking we try to look at the townie roles and see what ones makes it a logical play.
    the only logical result would be Mai Verbatim the only one that relies on them being targeted.

The question becomes is the all too real possibility that he's simply trying to deny as many players abilities as possible true or is it a bad mai verbatim play? So far this is the most wolfy play someone's done as far as I can see, and it's at least better then random voting. I mean two wolf's could use it or a single possible town role.

Jeenleen
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-05-08 at 08:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

You really think a wolf would make a play like that, this early? I can see a wolf planning a fancy deception beforehand to get out the gate with, but then I'd imagine it would be well thought out. And mostly wolves just want to lay low and say little of any use.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Planetar

You really think a wolf would make a play like that, this early? I can see a wolf planning a fancy deception beforehand to get out the gate with, but then I'd imagine it would be well thought out. And mostly wolves just want to lay low and say little of any use.
    I tend to think on what I'd do, since it helps avoid some of my own psychological problems and yes I seriously believe I would do that as a wolf. In the most serious means becoming the hub for the town gives you a very powerful role, and this play can do that. As a wolf a relatively low chance of death, for a high chance for an effectively won game is a solid play. And the serious notion that wolves should be quiet and reserved is a misnomer, wolves want to direct the town to kill other town. This play if successful as a wolf would do that, and there's not much chance once we become enscorcelled in it that we'd be able to escape it.