New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Yung Crunk Presents B-Sides, Remixes and Outtakes: Random Banter, Vol. 214

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Second crucial distinction: Usability (unless Photoshop somehow manages to be as terrible as Gimp).
    Unfortunately, you don't have a lot of choice when it comes to freebie Photoshop equivalents--things like Paint.NET are considerably easier to use (albeit Windows only) but are far less powerful than the GIMP. If we could only get the programmers of these things to spend half the time on the UI that they do on the feature set we'd be golden!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Yung Crunk Presents B-Sides, Remixes and Outtakes: Random Banter, Vol. 214

For me, x-rays are part of my biennial dental check-ups, so I have a reason to sigh at them. Calculus removal is as well, but these two are palpable, just not fun.

Second crucial distinction: Usability (unless Photoshop somehow manages to be as terrible as Gimp). However, Inkscape, as suggested by others, is a lot easier to use than I've ever found Gimp to be, so try it out.
    Honestly, I've never needed to use GIMP for very much - did I link neural-style here before when I found it? I don't do a lot of graphics - the biggest thing I've been doing with it recently is basic masking and color-balance-changing on the images I'm about to put through the above-linked network, to nudge the results a bit. For that, at least, it seems quite easy to use - even has a tool to automatically select the foreground.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Unfortunately, you don't have a lot of choice when it comes to freebie Photoshop equivalents--things like Paint.NET are considerably easier to use (albeit Windows only) but are far less powerful than the GIMP. If we could only get the programmers of these things to spend half the time on the UI that they do on the feature set we'd be golden!
    Given, if they spend that much time, we'd probably end up with something over-UIed, like some modern webpages tend to be with elements sliding in and out everywhere.

But yeah, GIMP is a pretty good example of both the best and the worst sides of open source software. Its feature set is humongous, but it's nigh impossible to use for a novice. And it has been developed for so long that it's too much of a mess for anyone to touch without a fat paycheck in their pocket, and no one wants to pay that money, because it's cheaper to just have every new employee spend a week or a month learning how to operate this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Honestly, I've never needed to use GIMP for very much - did I link neural-style here before when I found it? I don't do a lot of graphics - the biggest thing I've been doing with it recently is basic masking and color-balance-changing on the images I'm about to put through the above-linked network, to nudge the results a bit. For that, at least, it seems quite easy to use - even has a tool to automatically select the foreground.
    No you didn't, but that's cool!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #724

Oh man, the (semi) finale video of my Minish Cap playthrough is up. You guys should go watch it it's pretty cool.

Anyway, how is everyone doing today? Thread's been kinda quiet so I suppose you're all busy with junk!

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

Well...watched Birdman yesterday, that's cool. Really excellent movie. Today is still out of focus. We'll see.

6. - Top - End - #726

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Well...watched Birdman yesterday, that's cool. Really excellent movie. Today is still out of focus. We'll see.
    Ahem.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdmaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

I'm glad the movie is good though it looks really awesome.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Holey poo, did the You-thread die? As in, no one's posted in there for more than 45 days. Feels weird. Just when I was about to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

8. - Top - End - #728
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Holey poo, did the You-thread die? As in, no one's posted in there for more than 45 days. Feels weird. Just when I was about to post.
    Finnlassie, please stop being creepy and posting exactly the same thing I was going to post.

(well, except for the 'about to post' bit. I wanted to ask around what sites they use for image storage. Then maybe post.)

ION: Thanks to a lot of riding my calf muscles have seized up and it really hurts. Ow.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2016-03-18 at 05:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

9. - Top - End - #729

BlackDragon

The thread isn't going to get any less dead if you decide not to post in it, you know.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Finnlassie, please stop being creepy and posting exactly the same thing I was going to post.

(well, except for the 'about to post' bit. I wanted to ask around what sites they use for image storage. Then maybe post.)
    For me it's Imgur. I started using Photobucket, but then immediately filled it up with all my Tour pictures...

The thread isn't going to get any less dead if you decide not to post in it, you know.
    Given, at this point, it would just turn undead (and not in the good cleric sense).
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731

I just watched Dr Horrible's Sing-along Blog for the first time. Went in completely blind.

Spoiler: My thoughts
    Show
    What the ****.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ahem.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdmaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

I'm glad the movie is good though it looks really awesome.
    It was terrible.

I just watched Dr Horrible's Sing-along Blog for the first time. Went in completely blind.

Spoiler: My thoughts
    Show
    What the ****.
    It's absolutely awesome, innit? I've watched it so many times!

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

13. - Top - End - #733

Am I depressed because I listen to pop music or is pop music depressing because it emulates our experiences?

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

14. - Top - End - #734

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    It was terrible.

It's absolutely awesome, innit? I've watched it so many times!
    Well, to each their own. I've heard mixed stuff about it.

It...it is, but I really just don't know how to feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Yung Crunk View Post
    Am I depressed because I listen to pop music or is pop music depressing because it emulates our experiences?
    I...wasn't under the impression pop music had any sort of depressive feeling to it. I think it may just be you.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

You do realise that thread necromancy is a thing, right? Don'tcha make me fall into that trap, feller!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #736

I...wasn't under the impression pop music had any sort of depressive feeling to it. I think it may just be you.
    Well it's not inherent to it, granted. Certainly there are a lot of pop albums that have more a optimistic energy. The only problem is that I don't listen to them. I listen to albums like this or this or this.

17. - Top - End - #737

You do realise that thread necromancy is a thing, right? Don'tcha make me fall into that trap, feller!
    Oops. :smallwhistle:

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

18. - Top - End - #738

For me it's Imgur. I started using Photobucket, but then immediately filled it up with all my Tour pictures...
    Thanks. Imgur feels a bit... impersonal to me, but I might give it a try.

Would you reccommend it, and where can I find it?
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

19. - Top - End - #739

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Would you reccommend it, and where can I find it?
    Yes and I'll send you a link.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

In my previous flat I had a rather annoying problem with the heating - even if I had the thermometer set to basically zero, it would still be uncomfortably warm. The place was basically over-insulated, especially thanks to the room doors that were also soundproof (kind of redundant with the paper thin walls and floors) so you were basically extra sealed in heat. Not really a reason to move out but which I did do due to obnoxiously loud neighbours and bedbugs.

Anyways, now in my current abode, a 200m2 two floor house with three other tenants, we have the opposite problem. It's usually rather cold in this house, a problem that we thought was solved earlier, it's been regular temperatures for weeks now. However today that me and another tenant had returned to the house after the weekend our the temperatures were +16°C in her room and a whopping +14°C in mine....... The landlord thankfully agreed that something's pretty damn wrong and it'll get checked out tomorrow, I think. I kind of think that the house's size is partly to blame... not only is there a lot of area, there's also high ceilings that add to the cubes, which is more significant in terms of heating.

TL;DR lived in student housing that was too hot, now live in a detached house where my current room temperature is too cold.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

21. - Top - End - #741

Oops. :smallwhistle:
    Oh well, looks like no one really wanted that thread anyway.

22. - Top - End - #742

Oh well, looks like no one really wanted that thread anyway.
    For what it's worth I told Finn I guess she was just so distracted by my "Rawhide performed the forbidden act of mod-romancy" joke that she changed her mind about posting

It was a good damn joke to.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Yung Crunk View Post
    Well it's not inherent to it, granted. Certainly there are a lot of pop albums that have more a optimistic energy. The only problem is that I don't listen to them. I listen to albums like this or this or this.
    I listen to depressive music almost exclusively. But it doesn't make me depressed; in fact I find it calming. Whatever that may say about me.

I don't find any of those examples particularly depressive, but then I come from metal sensibilities, so make of that what you will.

TL;DR lived in student housing that was too hot, now live in a detached house where my current room temperature is too cold.
    Yeah, I've been there. Sucks. We ended up getting a couple of those big gas heaters to heat the living areas - we had those big, high-ceiling rooms, as well. But we tend not to have central heating in residential buildings (being dirty Southerners, and all ), so we learn to do-it-ourselves.

Anyway, that's an option, I guess.

the forbidden act of mod-romancy
    That sounds... wrong 0_o
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

It seems that the heating thing-a-majick is broken. It derped, and then as it derped, the machine thought the best solution is to SHUT DOWN ALL HEATING HAHAHAHA. Landlord is coming over tonight to fix it. My room temperature is up to a lovely +16°C, so that's... alright. for now.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

25. - Top - End - #745

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I don't find any of those examples particularly depressive, but then I come from metal sensibilities, so make of that what you will.
    I actually don't know what to make of it. I find that the good metal doesn't often evoke a "depressive" feel and the ones that do are comically melodramatic. I think pop's angst is a bit more restrained and nuanced. With some exceptions, of course.

26. - Top - End - #746

It seems that the heating thing-a-majick is broken. It derped, and then as it derped, the machine thought the best solution is to SHUT DOWN ALL HEATING HAHAHAHA. Landlord is coming over tonight to fix it. My room temperature is up to a lovely +16°C, so that's... alright. for now.
    Oh dear...good luck Finn. I'm sure you can find a way to stay warm in the meantime though!

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

Thankfully it's springtime, so at this time of the day the sun is almost hitting my window. So it's a tad warmer now, up to +19°C. No more freezing which is lovely. Also going to the sauna with my flatmate this evening and the thing heats up the house for a few hours, usually lasting the whole night.

EDIT:
    I really need to update my avatar. Although there's still a lot of snow where I live, I want to get a more spring-like look to my avvie. Any suggestions? Probably not a flower crown this year. Maybe summer? But uh. Something... spring.

Also Cuth, where's my Banana-Chicken-motherly love?
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-03-22 at 10:12 AM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #748

forbidden act of mod-romancy
    Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    That sounds... wrong 0_o
    She slipped into his thread and hovered over the edit button as she whispered, "Now, you're going to say exactly what I want to hear."

---

She saw the size of his thread, slowly getting bigger with every post she made.

---

He slid beside her and started to gently caress her spoiler boxes, slowly exposing her most intimate posts.

---

...I think I'll stop now.

29. - Top - End - #749

Thankfully it's springtime, so at this time of the day the sun is almost hitting my window. So it's a tad warmer now, up to +19°C. No more freezing which is lovely. Also going to the sauna with my flatmate this evening and the thing heats up the house for a few hours, usually lasting the whole night.

EDIT:
    I really need to update my avatar. Although there's still a lot of snow where I live, I want to get a more spring-like look to my avvie. Any suggestions? Probably not a flower crown this year. Maybe summer? But uh. Something... spring.

Also Cuth, where's my Banana-Chicken-motherly love?
    That's good. And oooh, a sauna. I've never been to one and I bring that up every time you mention it and I'm still kind of impressed with how the Finnish people have this intense love of saunas.

When Cuth gets online I'll throw this post at him don't worry.

*MOD SMUT*.
    It was a Necromancy joke not this my eyes my eyes aaaaaah.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

She slipped into his thread and hovered over the edit button as she whispered, "Now, you're going to say exactly what I want to hear."

---

She saw the size of his thread, slowly getting bigger with every post she made.

---

He slid beside her and started to gently caress her spoiler boxes, slowly exposing her most intimate posts.

---

...I think I'll stop now.
    I think that was a very smart decision. Though, I have to say, I will never look at you the same way.

That's good. And oooh, a sauna. I've never been to one and I bring that up every time you mention it and I'm still kind of impressed with how the Finnish people have this intense love of saunas.

When Cuth gets online I'll throw this post at him don't worry.

It was a Necromancy joke not this my eyes my eyes aaaaaah.
    There's something refreshing about being sweaty and nekkid without any sexual connotations.

CUTH SHALL FEEL MY ANGUISH.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~