New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

Spent a good time chatting to a friend of mine from Scotland yesterday. We were supposed to catch up with life and stuff, but for the majority of the time we just talked about broadband speeds and prices... Oh well! and no worries, we did chat about our lives. but not as much as we could've :p

Also mmmmmmm eggggsssss. Just had my last egg. Can't afford to get more until sometime next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Spent a good time chatting to a friend of mine from Scotland yesterday. We were supposed to catch up with life and stuff, but for the majority of the time we just talked about broadband speeds and prices... Oh well! and no worries, we did chat about our lives. but not as much as we could've :p

Also mmmmmmm eggggsssss. Just had my last egg. Can't afford to get more until sometime next month.
    Get more reliable internet, Finn.

ION: I just discovered a genre called Electroswing. I'm pretty sure 90% of the jazz musicians I know/have played with would never speak to me again if I introduced them to it, BUT I DO NOT CARE. A (not 100% safe for work) music video example of it.
    This avatar by Phase.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Symphonic Metal is the best musical genre that I'm certain exists.

I think Electro-Symphonic Metal wouldd be even better, but that's probably not a real thing... Is it?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Ahaha, I'm an adult and didn't take a week to post about the Sheeptacular visit what are you even suggesting.
    To quote the words of a certain sheep: The lies!

Fun fact: Sheep has no phone. Sheep also has no sense of direction. Sheep also didn't know which bus to take and which stop to get off at.
    Fun fact: MoonCat was slightly stressed about not losing the Sheep in the middle of the city to get attacked by the roving mobs of Seattle before I even got to meet him.
    Seattle is a roving city indeed, its walls like fly paper, ready to stick you upon contact, then slowly dissolve you for nutrients and spare artistic talent.

Following movie, we went back to my room and dicked around with makeup for a while, because I have realized that Sheep is a Disney Princess and needs according treatment. Y'all have seen one photo, here's another.

Spoiler: First Night
    Show
    Here one can also see Mutant's Inexplicable Moose. And here is the Sheep, communing with animals, like any good Disney Princess would.

Sheep is wearing about three times more makeup than I am in this picture, but unfortunately, much of it was lost in the lighting of the dorm room. Which is how I got him to concede to makeup the next day.

Fun fact: Sheep looks wonderful with yellow eyeshadow and dramatic cateyes.
    Agreed to the fullest extent of the word.

(Remember: Sheep slept under my bed like a weirdo. Point and laugh at him.)
    *hugs Sheep for being adorable*

SheepFriend is a wonderful person and we had a great evening with her, some of which consisted of hiding in the loft to avoid all the other party guests.
    Sounds like a worthwhile party activity.

Spoiler: Henna at the Cafe
    Show

Mutant was not at all cooperative about getting his hand in the shot. Augh it's my face, why.
    You two make a perfect team.

[...] I'm probably missing a goodly number of details, except I think I fried my brain and it is 6AM. But I did want to get those pictures up- now I just need to figure out if I'll copypaste, quote, or rewrite for the You! thread.
    Try rewriting it, it's the best way to ensure things gets done.
    In a month rather than tomorrow, that is.

All in all, a very good time, and I recommend everyone find a Sheep to take around their area.
    I shall remember this advice.

Fun fact: I can physically lift and carry Sheep, we discovered this on Saturday.
    Given the metrics he's given from time to time, I don't think this is rare ability.

But yeah, good times were had, mementos are possessed, and now y'all can finally see this camera-shy witnit's face.
    You've done us all a great service!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    ...Kneen?

Kneen!

(You two planned that, right?)
    This might not be his first venue of appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    These are true facts, and they are exactly as fun they sound. Namely, I wandered the hilly lands of that Pacific Northwest, in what apperently was it's sunniest weekend of all time, and could not find my destination because they don't believe in actual grids out there.
    Not believing in grids? What is this non-gun-toting, stars-and-stripes-less, artificial-apple-and-pie-flavour-devoid heresy?!

It was mostly her tearing my innards out. Luckily, as a mutant, I can regenerate. I am in fact, an X-man. Take Wolverine, and then make him a sheep, and then make him like me, and you get me. These directions, they are sensible, no?
    I think I have a picture of this. No, wait, I have three pictures, because I had to experiment with the innards colours to get them properly gruesome.

You were alive and hiding behind me in that picture, though, so it can't have been your innards. Unless you'd already regenerated. Hmmm...

I think that there was a point where both of us wanted to go retire in a corner and just exist at ourselves for a bit but then we distracted ourselves with our collective awesome.
    Corners are good for that. The inventor of corners should feel proud.

If you cannot find a local sheep, I am available for pickup.
    Hmm, remind me to set up a Sheep abduction fund.
    Perhaps if I skim some assets off Secret Society, they're good at abductions after all...

It always astounds me when I remember more than six people live in Canadia.
    It always astounds me when I remember that half of my circle of friends live half across the Earth. I prefer to stay unastounded, though, so I rarely dwell on this face.

Quote Originally Posted by JBPuffin View Post
    I learned something today - sometimes vague Googling isn't helpful. Boy can it be hilarious, though.

I'm writing a story, and my mind drew a blank as I was trying to write a simile for something pushing something through something (without being dirty, of course). Naturally, I searched "things that push things."

The ENTIRE first page is articles about "things you (women) do to push guys away". I don't know how they accomplished this, but it's somehow impressive. I dunno.
    Try getting into a sufficiently niche area of study. When Google aproximates your perfect search phrase into something impossibly unrelated, you'll have to get creative in breaking your own search just so much that all the incorrect noise gets filtered out before that one nugget of gold you were looking for.

Then there's this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Minnesota is close to Canadia. Does that count?
    True. Minnesota is also very far away from Canada, it all depends on what parts of the map you pin your pins at.

Also, hi Eon! Long time no see.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    ION: I just discovered a genre called Electroswing. I'm pretty sure 90% of the jazz musicians I know/have played with would never speak to me again if I introduced them to it, BUT I DO NOT CARE. A (not 100% safe for work) music video example of it.
    Well, that was fascinating. Not entirely my taste of music, but enjoyable nevertheless. One interesting video to boot.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Get more reliable internet, Finn.

It feels like electroswing is underappreciated, considering how great it usually is. But swing itself is mostly forgotten. Except for some weirdos on the internet, that is.

(I AM writing a post to respond to Teddyface, but writing that will take an hour minimum so I need to give myself some time)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2016-05-29 at 09:05 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

(I AM writing a post to respond to Teddyface, but writing that will take an hour minimum so I need to give myself some time)
    Now you know how I feel when I'm writing a post for my Civilization and we have 12-13 people each doing different actions at once. Heh.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    Now you know how I feel when I'm writing a post for my Civilization and we have 12-13 people each doing different actions at once. Heh.
    Aegis J Hyena: Alternating between complaining about not having enough people posting in the Civ thread and having too many people posting in the Civ thread since 2016. I think 2016? 2015?
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

I complain more when I'm winning than when I'm not!

... ... ... what?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Symphonic Metal is the best musical genre that I'm certain exists.

I think Electro-Symphonic Metal wouldd be even better, but that's probably not a real thing... Is it?
    Luca Turilli's Dreamquest says hello.

Never underestimate the crazy variety of metal subgenres.

France also has you covered with The CNK, although it's a bit more martial/industrial, if you're into that sort of thing. That album has the added benefit of including Snowy Shaw as a collaborator, one of the most hilarious figures in metal. Sounds like a less-emo Deathstars, who you can also check out when the mood strikes.

Also Spulrium - an instrumental project that I actually just discovered, and know next-to-nothing about, beyond the fact that they (he?) are Turkish, and are actually pretty damn awesome.

And we can always count on Asia to bring the weird - in this case, Thailand - with Anatta. Although, if I'm being honest, they just threw some synths into the mix and called it electro. Still pretty good though.

I have even more examples, just throwing these out off the top of my head.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

10. - Top - End - #70
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Spoiler: Henna at the Cafe
    Show

Mutant was not at all cooperative about getting his hand in the shot. Augh it's my face, why.
    Misread this as Hyena at the Cafe and I was like, what?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Good, then it's proportional.

ION:
    I finally got my birthday cake yesterday. And of course, the ritual offerings:
    • 1 box of orange chocolates.
    • 1 comic album brought back from the States by dad. Can't remember the name, since I forgot to bring it with me home.
    • 1 set of "high quality" sallad cuttlery from Cuba in 1979 from grandma (mum's side).
    • 2 small red Taika plates.
    • 2 large blue Taika plates.
    • 2 large white Taika bowls.
    • 0 shirts with original prints, which I and my brothers usually get from dad after he's gone on a shopping spree online (I was actually a tiny bit disappointed).

Mum was really happy when she learned how infatuated I was with the Ittala Taika series, hence the sudden influx of kitchenware. I actually prefer the blue backgrounds to the other colours, especially since fox-deer kinda melds into the red on the small plates, but who am I to complain? They're awesome nevertheless!

Now to figure out a suitably show-off-y storage solution...

IOON:
    I needed a late birthday present for myself as well, so I took a trip downtown and returned with with a book and Castles of Mad King Ludvig, which is a brilliant board game about ridiculous castle building for the king of Bavaria.

Now to find people to play it with...

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Yaay!

The real question is, though... were you here when I chopped off my long hair?!
    Yes. I waited until you were finished, and carefully gathered every shorn strand so it was not wasted. You may have meant it for a cancer wig donation or something like that, but I'm terribly sorry: it made a silky golden nest. this may comprise my drawn reply to your wonderful comic panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    ...Kneen?

Kneen!

(You two planned that, right?)
    Hello, Mr. Stop. You all right?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm glad you're back Kneenibble! I was running out of Canadian friends to have solidarity with
    Although I'm tempted to manufacture a sense of rivalry between us, as a Territorial vs. a Provincial, it would be a disingenuous and self-effacing performance for the amusement of the foreigners. Instead, I greet you happily.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    IOON:
    I needed a late birthday present for myself as well, so I took a trip downtown and returned with with a book and Castles of Mad King Ludvig, which is a brilliant board game about ridiculous castle building for the king of Bavaria.

Now to find people to play it with...
    I really like that game. I had played Suburbia, by the same designers, quite a few times before discovering it, and enjoyed Castles even better. You'll have fun with it. Basements are OP

Happy Birthday! Here is a cake for you.
    Spoiler
    Show

edit (after looking up Taika designs) Love it. Budgie greed to acquire them initiated.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2016-05-30 at 12:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, thank you mein Budgielein for taking the hair to good care! Otherwise they would've just been in the bin. Phew.

Kneen, I also have the same kind of stuff as Teddy! Huge platters ..... or wait, did I have Tanssi made by the same Finnish company? I forget. Utterly beautiful nevertheless.

ION: No idea where my meds are. I've got 2 hours to find them. *looks at all of the stuff she has been unpacking and scattering around*
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Hello, Mr. Stop. You all right?
    'm fine. Doing a summer term (taking a drawing class) and lots of interviews all at once. Keep getting interviews that don't go anywhere - wish I knew what I'm getting wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #75
    Colossus in the Playground

Ah, thank you mein Budgielein for taking the hair to good care! Otherwise they would've just been in the bin. Phew.

Kneen, I also have the same kind of stuff as Teddy! Huge platters ..... or wait, did I have Tanssi made by the same Finnish company? I forget. Utterly beautiful nevertheless.

ION: No idea where my meds are. I've got 2 hours to find them. *looks at all of the stuff she has been unpacking and scattering around*
    Oh dear! Good luck finding them

16. - Top - End - #76

So apparently there's something called "roll20" and it's able to be used with Twitch to stream D&D games. I randomly walked in on a 200-viewer D&D 5E stream about 20 minutes ago. Does anyone know anything about Roll20 and how it works?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

So apparently there's something called "roll20" and it's able to be used with Twitch to stream D&D games. I randomly walked in on a 200-viewer D&D 5E stream about 20 minutes ago. Does anyone know anything about Roll20 and how it works?
    I've used Roll20 a bit; it's pretty good. Basically, it's a text chat next to a drawing map, with built-in counters, tokens, a dice roller and mapping tools. The DM can play music or use commands to make descriptions, and it has character sheets accessible from the text chat. If you pay for the full version, you get a bunch of other features along with that.
    I've found it to be eminently usable.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

My dog doesn't seem to get that just because she's exempt from the house's "people can be inside; other animals stay outside" rule, doesn't mean that all of the bugs in the yard are also exempt. She tries to trick us into keeping the door open as long as possible, for no reason whatsoever. Worse, she managed to convince our other dog to do the same thing; I think they even compete at it now!
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

19. - Top - End - #79

You might need to show me how then, Prof. Gnoll... after my "mental evaluation" this upcoming month. (don't ask -- the government wants to re-assess me for disability benefits and I'm scared ****less they'll want to committ me. they tried last time, my caseworker went "I whistleblow if you do" and they went "your kid is in jail, know your place and do as we say or we give him hell" -- it was ugly)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

You might need to show me how then, Prof. Gnoll... after my "mental evaluation" this upcoming month. (don't ask -- the government wants to re-assess me for disability benefits and I'm scared ****less they'll want to committ me. they tried last time, my caseworker went "I whistleblow if you do" and they went "your kid is in jail, know your place and do as we say or we give him hell" -- it was ugly)
    I'll happily show you how. Hell, I might even DM a new campaign.
    As for the mental health side- gah. Sounds bloody awful. The state of mental health care in the world is disgraceful, especially where I live. The sheer lack of care and respect is indescribable.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. I waited until you were finished, and carefully gathered every shorn strand so it was not wasted. You may have meant it for a cancer wig donation or something like that, but I'm terribly sorry: it made a silky golden nest. this may comprise my drawn reply to your wonderful comic panel.
    Oh Kneen, ever the vain one.
    *teases endearingly*

I really like that game. I had played Suburbia, by the same designers, quite a few times before discovering it, and enjoyed Castles even better. You'll have fun with it. Basements are OP
    I've only played it once, but I won pretty far ahead of the others mainly using gardens and activity room. Since the economy is so starved, more money can really give you the edge over your competitors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooo, it's so sparkly and geodic!

edit (after looking up Taika designs) Love it. Budgie greed to acquire them initiated.
    Excellent!

This question should be easy to answer: Are they wearing clothes and dancing?
    (It's the same designer too, for that matter.)
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-05-31 at 05:05 AM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    This question should be easy to answer: Are they wearing clothes and dancing?
    (It's the same designer too, for that matter.)
    Well, the plates are in a rather tightly packed safe place, where I really shouldn't get them out... because I have no place to store them, really, and have no use for them atm. :D Ah well, I'll find out ONE DAY *shakes fist at sky*
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #83

Although I'm tempted to manufacture a sense of rivalry between us, as a Territorial vs. a Provincial, it would be a disingenuous and self-effacing performance for the amusement of the foreigners. Instead, I greet you happily.

Spoiler
    Show
    Given what all is happening (and I think still happening) solidarity between the nation is quite important. I grew up in Alberta so I really do hope it stops being on fire.

That cake is amazing. Someone punched a hole through time in it!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When you made me photograph of a cake, it was a single-layer one in an obnoxious puke-green with something about my "legale" sloppily written in what appeared to be semen.

If this were the era of Shakespeare, I would be biting my thumb until it bled.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

25. - Top - End - #85

When you made me photograph of a cake, it was a single-layer one in an obnoxious puke-green with something about my "legale" sloppily written in what appeared to be semen.

If this were the era of Shakespeare, I would be biting my thumb until it bled.
    Yes yes and it was intended as a joke holy **** let it go.

Also I PMed you a thing.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Knee is too beautiful to be vain, didn't you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes yes and it was intended as a joke holy **** let it go.
    I would have if he didn't post the most beautiful cake ever for someone else, just three days prior to the second anniversary of the incident.
    Also I PMed you a thing.
    That one about the upcoming game? Yeah, I read it. Maxi-fusion would be what I'm looking for if not for the fact that the resulting character's appearance seems to be completely unrelated to who is involved in the fusion.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

28. - Top - End - #88

I would have if he didn't post the most beautiful cake ever for someone else, just three days prior to the second anniversary of the incident.

That one about the upcoming game? Yeah, I read it. Maxi-fusion would be what I'm looking for if not for the fact that the resulting character's appearance seems to be completely unrelated to who is involved in the fusion.
    If it makes you feel better I imagine he'll give you a really nice cake in the future. He's just busy getting back into existing on the internet. He's quite a busy borb you know (I'd have to imagine, at any rate).

Yeah...I think it does is the thing, they're just not releasing all the info at once. Still, funny you should mention that specific thing just a day or two before that game gets information on it revealed.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

If it makes you feel better I imagine he'll give you a really nice cake in the future.
    Meh. It isn't that big a deal anyway... certainly not as big as I previously thought.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    I'll happily show you how. Hell, I might even DM a new campaign.
    As for the mental health side- gah. Sounds bloody awful. The state of mental health care in the world is disgraceful, especially where I live. The sheer lack of care and respect is indescribable.
    You're. Not. Kidding. If it is one thing I hate it's being given the "everything's going to be okay, you're not insane" schtick constantly while people are on their knees trying to "calm me down". Oy.

I fully expect to have my benefits denied (I've been living on $700 a month since 2009, because autism, asbergers that makes me literally a 14 year old in a 40 39 year old's body, and a couple of other assorted things) and have to appeal for several months while having absolutely no income.