New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Well, is interplanetary ki-sensing a Cell Saga-level ability? I just want to make sure. I might just ask Jade to do her techno-magic search thing. Would make sense, while Starlight does her thing.
    ....I don't know, but given King Kai can sense whats happening on Namek from his planet during the Freeza Saga, I'm pretty sure it counts as being lower than that? but then again King Kai's sensory abilities might actually be ridiculous compared to everyone elses and everyone was surprised when Cell came back, but then again, Goku managed to sense King Kai's planet and teleport to that, which is a form of teleportation that requires you to sense the Ki of that place so that he can prevent Cell from blowing up Earth and the distance between Earth and King Kai's planet is MUCH more than interplanetary.

So I'm thinking yes, considering the feats made and the fact that Starlight seems a bookish scholarly person who'd focus on knowing things better than other people.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Considering Goku IT'd to pick up Dende during the cell games, interplanetary tracking isn't exactly out of the question, Goku seems to represent someone with relatively average ki sensing abilities (whereas King Kai has extremely developed ki sensing). I think it's reasonable that his ki sensing got better when he trained to learn the instant transmission, but up until then it seemed to be pretty normal compare to others who had trained to sense ki.

Max has also already utilized ki sensing on that scale, to get to heaven earlier in this arc. I'd figure that while Starlight might not have done training necessary to sense molecules (and given the 10 year time skip, she might have, I don't know her training regimen), figuring out a spell to track at that kind of range would fit within her purview of technique mastery archetype (well, spell mastery, but you get my point). And in case my point wasn't clear, Max and Starlight seem to be of the same general archetype: mastery of techniques and creative exploration of what can be done with them. Instead of throwing a single punch 10 million times, learning a lot of different punches and practicing each of them some lesser amount of times to have a variety of punching options.

Oh, and Aleister VII, as a heads up my character is using the Split Form technique to be in more than one place at once, in case that was not apparent to how I was formatting my in character posts. Also: Hello and Welcome.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Adam
    Show

Adam
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Adam
    Age Appearance: 22
    Height: 6'
    Weight: Really Freakin' Heavy
    Species: Enhanced Human
    Station: Fighter for the Earth First Coalition

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adam is a large, heavily-muscled human. He has short blue hair, down to his neck, and blue eyes. Aside from his large, bulging muscles and his 6' frame, he appears as a normal human. However, if one were to look very closely, they could see his skin has a slight sparkle to it, due to the katchin bonded to his body at a molecular level.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    N/A

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adam is incredibly strong and sturdy. The katchin bonded to his body allows him to easily tank the destruction of an entire planet, as well as deal more damage than his power level of two million would indicate. Further abilities are dependent upon training.

Super Instinct: The katchin bonded to the neurons in his brain are highly conductive, enabling his brain to react many times faster than most beings. This is effectively a much weaker version of Ultra Instinct, without the overall power boost.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a cookie in it for the first person to guess the inspiration for this character.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-05-18 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #574

RedWizardGuy

We didn't scare away the new person, did we?

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    We didn't scare away the new person, did we?
    Yea I had a feeling that wasn't going to last long. I just had a hunch based upon the character and the seriousness level of it compared to our own. I was honestly going to respond by saying she detected Makrashin Darok so as to give her something to do and not throw them into the deep end, but then you guys responded and I decided to be lazy and let you handle them. Lets be honest her character wasn't really all that serious....I think they were expecting something closer to canon flavor and not "ok but seriously how does this crazy world work and how can you be an actual good person amid world destroying jerkholes?"

oh well. either its not for them or they just forgot about it for some reason. who knows. better that they find one that they ARE fine with.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

So ... how are the bio-androids made based on fighters who haven't even been born yet? Do these guys have stuff from the future? Because if so, I may or may not be planning something involving the future as well and would like to coordinate things to tell a better story.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

So ... how are the bio-androids made based on fighters who haven't even been born yet? Do these guys have stuff from the future? Because if so, I may or may not be planning something involving the future as well and would like to coordinate things to tell a better story.
    oh yes time stuff is involved, I've just been forgetting to describe how the time meters should be going off near them, its bad, its not the worst it could be, but it is bad.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, then let's coordinate.

Spoiler: For Raz's Eyes Only
    Show
    Okay, so, my plan was for the Earth First Coalition to be getting all of their fancy tech from the future using Oxyribo's old time machine (which they've recovered and repaired with a little help). Is your group getting this stuff from Earth 7's future or Earth 13's? Also, are they Earthlings or aliens? I figure maybe there can be some interaction there, though whether they're on good, poor, or neutral terms depends on who your guys are.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Well, then let's coordinate.

Show
    Okay, so, my plan was for the Earth First Coalition to be getting all of their fancy tech from the future using Oxyribo's old time machine (which they've recovered and repaired with a little help). Is your group getting this stuff from Earth 7's future or Earth 13's? Also, are they Earthlings or aliens? I figure maybe there can be some interaction there, though whether they're on good, poor, or neutral terms depends on who your guys are.
    Spoiler: Hawk's eyes only
    Show

They are aliens and getting the original design from Earth 7's future, Purple Moth is made from U13 stuff, technically some slight alt timeline stuff, but nothing from U13's future.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Okay, neat. Two thoughts.

One, are they getting this future stuff from a supplier, or are they scavenging it? Also, how are they getting around the quarantine?

Two, where do you see this group in Universe 13's future? Do you think maybe they would be at odds with the future Earth First Coalition (under a different name by that point), or were you planning on them going under by that point?

EDIT: Okay, I lied, three thoughts. Three, would the future Earth First Coalition have any info they could give their past selves on your group?

EDIT: Ooooh, four thoughts, they just keep coming! Four, if your company is still around in the future, maybe they could give their own past selves some future schematics, perhaps using U13's unique anti-ki entities? A bio-android with white namekian DNA? Maybe try and start a proxy-based time war, each future self helping their past selves to try and achieve victory?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-05-05 at 03:06 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Okay, neat. Two thoughts.

One, are they getting this future stuff from a supplier, or are they scavenging it? Also, how are they getting around the quarantine?

Two, where do you see this group in Universe 13's future? Do you think maybe they would be at odds with the future Earth First Coalition (under a different name by that point), or were you planning on them going under by that point?

EDIT: Okay, I lied, three thoughts. Three, would the future Earth First Coalition have any info they could give their past selves on your group?

EDIT: Ooooh, four thoughts, they just keep coming! Four, if your company is still around in the future, maybe they could give their own past selves some future schematics, perhaps using U13's unique anti-ki entities? A bio-android with white namekian DNA? Maybe try and start a proxy-based time war, each future self helping their past selves to try and achieve victory?
    Spoiler: Hawk's Eyes Only
    Show

1. Scavenging and using what is technically Trunks time machine

2. They were just planned on being a one-shot "greedy corporation" villain, but now your giving me ideas

3. depends on how it shakes out. technically within Deglargo Industries alone there is three different factions at odds with one another: The Executives, The Unkillables themselves and Cell Jr. and thus what the future plays out could be very different, a future Deglargo is different from a future Yellow Queen and Cell Jr. has his own agenda

4. well I was just planning on having you face the Unkillables and thinking they'd be hard enough. future versions would get even crazier (like Fighter-Z style Majindroids). as for white namekians: Anti-ki is not DNA based. Its purely a conversion from life to undeath energies, and thus would shut down all the biological advantages a Bio-android gains from being ALIVE. they just don't go together! your talking about Necrodroids, not Bio-droids. and I'm not sure what the advantages of making a Necrodroid IS, because I haven't shown what normal necro-ki users can do with it yet. because they keep finding ways to not be fought somehow.

think of making a Bio-android or other similar being as like making a TCG combo deck: all the cards must have synergy to work and thus combine into a greater machine that works to do something utterly broken that is greater than the sum of its parts. But if you mess it up, all you get is a machine that does not work or work well. its perfectly possible that some combinations just don't work. like say you made a bio-android of an ork and a pony/Aphrodan. it wouldn't go into some lukewarm balance, the being would have two contradicting memories of two lives so dramatically different from one another in morality and attitudes towards conflict that they'd probably break down from being unable to reconcile them. Cell is actually lucky for being made from so many people who: like fighting, are male, all experienced nearly similar memories because they were there at the same time. Thus he inherited their combined love for fighting and being great at it, thus forming a consistent identity even as he swings between one personality or another.

But yeah, I was just planning on Deglargo Industries being one and done, but now your making me think of ways they come back or continue on and making even crazier stuff. All for profit, so their conflict with Earth First would be trying to exploit Earth for money in one form or another.

12. - Top - End - #582

RedWizardGuy

Also: If I get something wrong about Orks while Max is spewing out information, tell me here so I can either correct it or proclaim it to be Max being wrong about it. His information about them is not first hand from his own timeline, but rather combat reports, limited studies, combat footage, etc. He learned about them in school because they were that much of a threat to humanity's continued existence in his timeline (but then, humanity had a lot of threats to it's existence there, so..)

13. - Top - End - #583
    Colossus in the Playground

The bit about being able to stick some gubbinz and bitz on a trash can and calling it a working laser cannon isn't accurate. Malfunctioning bits of technology is the most accurate. The best examples i've heard is that if a Shoota is loaded, the gun will fire, even if the firing pin fell out, or a Trukk will drive as long as the driver remembers filling the fuel tank, even if the tank was punctured by a lasbolt round an hour ago and is leaking fuel. Naturally all Ork "technology" is patchwork and barely functional, but it actually does work. If you actually did want to do that, you'd need an EXCEPTIONALLY powerful WAAAGH! field (WAAAGH! must always be spelled in caps and with an exclamation point,) basically a WAAAGH! on the scale of The Beast. Even then, it doesn't work, unless the Orks genuinely believe it would work.

Other than that it's pretty accurate.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Okay, how's this. Deglargo bought/took the info and/or materials from the Red Pants Army, and Future Earth First retrieved this information and told their past selves about it, along with giving them the technology to create Adam. Maybe Adam is even specifically meant to be a weapon against the bio-androids.

Hey Sagetim. Some time ago, we had a bio-android (Oxyribo) from the future who basically created his own nation, became its god, and settled in to rule it. He's a good guy, and he basically abolished slavery and is focused on prospering through trade. (It was never stated what they export, but I like to think it was vibranium. ) It seems like the kind of thing that would have caught Max's attention, even if he couldn't sense Oxy's divine ki. Since I'm bringing Oxy back temporarily, it seems to me as if the two would have at least interacted.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-05-05 at 06:06 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: For Hawk's Eyes Only
    Show

Nope. conflicts with their actual origin: Deglargo industries simply accidentally froze a Cell Jr. traveling back in time and take the frozen Bio-Android in to study, THEN got the Trunks time machine from the Cell Jr. by thawing the time machine out. They don't even go for technology or research, they time travel to scavenge for DNA to harvest from strong fighters so they can put in that DNA to make the Bio-Androids. and Purple Moth is the one they did the most for specifically to combine the DNA of:
    Jade, Beryl, Vodkana, Starlight, Hailing, Apfel, and Trombone Jr. basically all the important fighters from the Hailing battle plus the only living U13 Namekian they could find for regeneration.

Though Keep in mind that Solitus was originally designed to be a foil antagonist for Oxyribo, the original ruler of that nation and Oxyribo overthrew him, and basically took the Bio-Android belief that he was perfect and turned it up to 11 and replaced Oxyribo's bad social skills yet being Right About Things with ridiculous charisma and just being plain delusional. the long-windedness is the same though. he is basically the hero that inspired the villain.

16. - Top - End - #586

(It was never stated what they export, but I like to think it was vibranium. )
    The nation did have a gold mine. Abolishing slavery doesn't mean abolishing mining, and now that I think about it I think there were soem a defense alliances with the surrounding city states.

Hi. I'm the guy who played Oxy. I don't really have much interest in returning to play, but Hawkflight asked me some questions earliar and it got my curiosity up so I might be observing how this goes for a while.

*Hugs for Hawk, Ing, and anyone else I haven't had much interaction with since leaving*
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #587

Hey Rater, long time no see.

Also it looks like your avatar broke. Seems to be a common occurrence since postimg.org died. Fortunately I still have the avatar.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The nation did have a gold mine. Abolishing slavery doesn't mean abolishing mining, and now that I think about it I think there were soem a defense alliances with the surrounding city states.

Hi. I'm the guy who played Oxy. I don't really have much interest in returning to play, but Hawkflight asked me some questions earliar and it got my curiosity up so I might be observing how this goes for a while.

*Hugs for Hawk, Ing, and anyone else I haven't had much interaction with since leaving*
    whatever makes you happy man.

things got crazy since you left. we sealed away a wish granting dragon, Jade became a rainbow goat godsona through the power of cosplay and determination, the Guardianhood of Earth got passed around two more times, the androids now have an adopted Majin daughter, whole bunch of things. a part of me actually wonders what Oxyribo's reaction would be to Jade now, but I've got other things to do.

19. - Top - End - #589

RedWizardGuy

I hopped into the game in the midst of the wish granting dragon shenanigans going on off world, and imported the character I had written up and developed on a different forum rp. As far as I know, the forum he was on died, so I went with his timeline of origin imploding on itself from a time boom happening in it's future and reverberating back to erase it's own past as well. Because there was a lot of war going on with that setting.

We've also had two time skips, a year one, and a 10 year one, during which my character, Max Banders, has used ki based creation and being a super scientist to build a defense network for Earth, a shiny, resplendent, high tech city, and a few other things. He's been working over the past 10 years to gradually encourage Earth towards uniting under one government (supporting one of Igor's characters, King Fenrir) so that he can make sure society in general is at an ethical responsibility level high enough that he's comfortable uplifting Earth with tech from his own time period, and his own particular advancements.

So if Oxyribo retired to be King of Wakanda (or, I guess it's not Wakanda without vibranium) it would make sense if he and Max made contact at some point during that time. If nothing else, Max has been spreading rumors of his 'Shining City, resplendent upon a hill' to get people to come by and petition for entrance. He's been selective in who he lets into the city, to try and weed people out who would steal and misuse the technology in the city.

20. - Top - End - #590

And there's also the bit where we confronted and defeated Hailing, and got Apfel installed as Emperor.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm..
    I am trying to read again and again but..
    Can someone summarize me what going on now?
    Were the Orkz attacking? Who is fighting them?
    Where is Baba?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Hmm..
    I am trying to read again and again but..
    Can someone summarize me what going on now?
    Were the Orkz attacking? Who is fighting them?
    Where is Baba?
    Orkz haven't attacked yet. Kurumo has Baba, Bio-Android kidnapped her.

basically a Bio-Android kidnapped Baba while we're prepping for Ork invasion. thats all.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh.
    Ok. Now making much more sense.
    Sorry sorry.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #594

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Hey Rater, long time no see.

Also it looks like your avatar broke. Seems to be a common occurrence since postimg.org died. Fortunately I still have the avatar.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    whatever makes you happy man.

things got crazy since you left. we sealed away a wish-granting dragon, Jade became a rainbow goat godsona through the power of cosplay and determination, the Guardianhood of Earth got passed around two more times, the androids now have an adopted Majin daughter, whole bunch of things. a part of me actually wonders what Oxyribo's reaction would be to Jade now, but I've got other things to do.
    I'm sorry, it's been like ten or eleven years and I don't remember anyone named Jade.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #595

Jade Refera is Android 23's real name, and has taken to using that name.

26. - Top - End - #596

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Jade Refera is Android 23's real name, and has taken to using that name.
    I'm aware(It came up in the DBS thread a while back) but if Oxy hasn't been touched since I left he probably wouldn't.

BTW, while I've got no interest in returning to this game long term, I do have a couple of DB OCs who I'd like to RP as eventually but I feel would work better as a clean slate, so if this game ever gets rebooted let me know.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #597

RedWizardGuy

Adjusted my post a little now that I've had a chance to hunt down the part that needed to be changed. Thanks for the feedback, Ing.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi!

Saw your threads, and was curious if you guys are recruiting? I read the first post with the character template, and wanted to give it a go. I only had a few questions.

I saw that you said Namekians are in the middle of an extinction level event. Are they still playable? Is it possible one of them could have gotten offworld during this time?

Also, Freiza's race. Is it possible for one of them to be good? Or are they all considered evil in this universe?

Thanks for you consideration!

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Greetings traveler! We always recruiting!
    I'll try to answer your questions:

Yes. They are still playble. They are just extremly rare.

As for Frieza's race- we call them "Arcosians' abd have built some lore tk them. And yes, there are good ones, and evil ones.
    I have made a side character of Space Surfer "dude".
    Actually in the previouse Arc, we have defeated Emperor Hailing- the anestor of Frieza.
    Ah. Also, Ing have an Arcosian good aligned PC.
    And Raziere had a Captain who switched sides..

So sure.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #600
    Pixie in the Playground

Cool! Thanks for the quick response. One last question though. How do I put the character description into the thread the way it's been set up like at the beginning of this thread? I'm new to the board, and that's a lot of spoiler tags to keep up with and remember. haha.

Thanks again!