New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default LGBTitp - Part Five

Welcome, one and all.

This is a thread where we Playgrounders, and LGBTitp in particular, gather to discuss, share our experiences, give general advice and support one another in such matters as arise relating to, well, the world beyond heteronormaitivity.
    • Everyone is welcome. Let's try to keep from seeming otherwise.
    • Keep this topic free of politics and religion. (so, don't violate the board rules, plz)
    • It's beyond the scope of this thread to discuss whether LGBT is "Right." (And really, most discussions probably should avoid moralizing too much anyway)
    • Please refrain from posting sexually explicit content. (Keep it friendly as well as board safe )

If you would rather be anonymous when asking for advice or sharing your story or views, you can use the address below to send a message to be posted in this thread via proxy.

http://anonmail.smeenet.org/

Keep in mind that content which contain strong language may be filtered (Plus, y'know, the forum-filters), and content that violates the forum rules won't be posted at all.

Here are the links for the last few threads, where much of use or interest may be found:
    1. LGBT people in the playground
    2. LGBT people in the playground - part II
    3. LGBTitp - part III
    4. LGBTitp 4: We are a family?

*modified from the original.
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2010-02-25 at 11:48 PM.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTitp - Part Five

Ah, that new thread sm... That's not the new thread smell. What is that?

Anyway, Mori, I'm sorry you're having it rough. If you want, my PM box is always open.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

In recent news i met another girl who turned out to be bisexual, thus keeping with the trend. Im wondering if its some pheramone thing that draws me to them without me consciously knowing.

4. - Top - End - #4

WolfInSheepsClothing

Re-quoted from last thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Shush, I'm not supposed to talk about that on the forums.
    Also, I'm an enginerd. We're hopelessly single.

@v: I'm an untrusting, intense, overly energetic, bisexual XX-chromosomed engineering nerd with emotional baggage and sub-average looks. Not getting my hopes up.
    Jacklu finds engineering girls rather attractive, actually. Big brains are sexy. And pictures of blackfox I have seen so far have indicated a rather cute girl. Added points for liking D&D and bisexual to boot so I wouldn't have to worry about which gender I felt like being at the moment. Seems like a rather good deal being the lucky one to woo her.
    In case blackfox missed the blatantly flirtatious compliments. =P
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2010-02-26 at 01:17 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Re-quoted from last thread:

In case blackfox missed the blatantly flirtatious compliments. =P
    I'd say that was slightly creepy, but we all know how quickly I'd jump kneebiter, so...

Yeah...

Umm... Internet crushes!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I'd say that was slightly creepy, but we all know how quickly I'd jump kneebiter, so...

Yeah...

Whoo!

I apologize for mostly only ever having other-sex crushes. But someone gave a cheer that was insanly relevant to my life right now so i had to post something.

Is their a Complex-Internet-Relationship Thread?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    Whoo!

I apologize for mostly only ever having other-sex crushes. But someone gave a cheer that was insanly relevant to my life right now so i had to post something.

Is their a Complex-Internet-Relationship Thread?
    You're looking for the Relationship Woes and Advice Thread, right down the hall on your left.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Shiny new thread is shiny... (mesmerised)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

A new thread? This requires some sort of party. But let's not turn this into Random Banter, lest we be smacked by the mighty ban-hammer.

So, in my town, there's a gay bar. Said gay bar is often frequented by both gay and straight people alike, as it happens to be a generally nifty place. I've never been, but I have plenty of friends who do, and I figure it might be a fun time to accompany them. I, however, have my reservations, as, well, I'm fairly oblivious to when people flirt with me, and also straight. Hence why there could be an issue, as some guy could be flirting with me and I'd just think it was normal conversation, which might result in a bit of an awkward situation.

How should I handle that, should that happen? Improv and other on-your-toes was always my weak point in acting, and I'm afraid of making an ass of myself should something like that happen.

Also, never having been to a gay bar, I figure I'll ask the question: What exactly goes ON at one of these places? I hear about excessive dancing, which sounds awesome, but I never hear any specifics about music (other than the stereotype being techno, which I'm down with).
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    A new thread? This requires some sort of party. But let's not turn this into Random Banter, lest we be smacked by the mighty ban-hammer.

So, in my town, there's a gay bar. Said gay bar is often frequented by both gay and straight people alike, as it happens to be a generally nifty place. I've never been, but I have plenty of friends who do, and I figure it might be a fun time to accompany them. I, however, have my reservations, as, well, I'm fairly oblivious to when people flirt with me, and also straight. Hence why there could be an issue, as some guy could be flirting with me and I'd just think it was normal conversation, which might result in a bit of an awkward situation.

How should I handle that, should that happen? Improv and other on-your-toes was always my weak point in acting, and I'm afraid of making an ass of myself should something like that happen.

Also, never having been to a gay bar, I figure I'll ask the question: What exactly goes ON at one of these places? I hear about excessive dancing, which sounds awesome, but I never hear any specifics about music (other than the stereotype being techno, which I'm down with).
    Don't worry about it. If it gets blatant (if you're aware of it), just drop that you're not interested, but flattered. Esp. if it's normally frequented by some straight fellows it shouldn't be a problem. Or show up with a friend willing to pretend to be your date, but that rapidly descends into madness. The genre savvy know it never ends well.

And dancing is awesome. I recommend dancing to feed a good romance any day over poetry.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Whee, new subscription

I finally got to talk to a counselor in-depth about my feelings...only problem was, it was over the phone, because his office-thing is an hour and a half away in Rehoboth, and my car's brakes are acting up. Plus it's snowing again.

Fortunately, this means I got some positive reinforcement for how I feel about myself, and unfortunately it means I had to miss the trans/crossdress party 2 days later at the same locale I would LOVE to have gone to it... Darn the eastern shore of maryland for not having any closer groups (that I know of)!
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2010-02-26 at 10:35 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

12. - Top - End - #12

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah...

But... But... I only know how to do slightly creepy when it comes to flirting. T_T

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

Soooo... Internet Crushes!

Yeah, dunno how much I can say about LGBT, though; I have an Internet Crush on this bisexual chick, but that's about it.

Though when I first came to the Playground, I mistakenly thought LGBT stood for some kind of sandwich.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Soooo... Internet Crushes!

Yeah, dunno how much I can say about LGBT, though; I have an Internet Crush on this bisexual chick, but that's about it.

Though when I first came to the Playground, I mistakenly thought LGBT stood for some kind of sandwich.
    Well, maybe it could, but not a board safe one.

Actually, a local restaurant does sell LGBTs (Lettuce, Bacon, Guacamole, and Tomato), which are good, and claims that they give 10 cents for each one to LGBT causes.

Activist restaurants are fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, a local restaurant does sell LGBTs (Lettuce, Bacon, Guacamole, and Tomato), which are good, and claims that they give 10 cents for each one to LGBT causes.

Activist restaurants are fun.
    That sounds like the best sandwich ever. Just be sure to make sure you know what kind of sandwich you're getting - you don't want to be surprised and have to yell "IT'S A WRAP!"
    Sorry, that's the best sandwich/trap (in the sense of a man dressed as a woman) joke I could make. I'll just head on out now...
    Last edited by Deth Muncher; 2010-02-26 at 01:13 PM.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Gay bars are not entirely different from other bars: there is drinking, dancing, and drama. The DJ is more likely to play house techno or hip-hop with very little pop, but that varies per the bar. More people dance, and better, than run-of-the-mill crowd bars, it's true: but there is also a higher quotient of people doing drugs. People can be as annoyingly drunk, as overly uh, amiable, as cold or bitchy, or as nice and friendly as in any of the others.

However, you may also experience any number of these important unique elements.
    1) Drag queens.
    2) A drag show, which may or may not be drag queens lip-synching pop while acting as much like strippers as possible without giving away their "secrets."
    3) Male strippers who single you out and present a firm, waxed bum in your face.
    4) Being hit on by creepers over 40, or 50, even if you're under 20 (well in Canadian bars, anyways).
    5) Gay community cliques eager to exclude.
    6) Women who will dance with you for half an hour and then ask smokily in your ear if you are lesbian.
    7) A dance floor that is different from a gay orgy by only very fine degrees.
    8) A significantly lower rate of mendacity about looking for one-night-stands.

All of these are first-hand experiences. It's a weird whacky world.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    However, you may also experience any number of these important unique elements.
    4) Being hit on by creepers over 40, or 50, even if you're under 20 (well in Canadian bars, anyways).
    I assure you, that's not unique to gay bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    6) Women who will dance with you for half an hour and then ask smokily in your ear if you are lesbian.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

18. - Top - End - #18

This post is to be considered a post in support of all those who want to support those who are LGBT but are not LGBT themselves, as well as supporting those who are LGBT but are not LGBT themselves.

Cookie for you if that didn't confuse you.
    1. Have fun. It's only a game.
    2. The GM has the final say. Everyone else is just a guest.
    3. The game is for the players. A proper host entertains one's guests.
    4. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Some games are not as cool as they seem.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Umael View Post
    ...those who are LGBT but are not LGBT...
    ...Wha'?
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh! I totally get a cookie.

Also, Gay Bars sound like a pretty freakin' scary place.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

YAY FOR COOKIES
    (noms)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

22. - Top - End - #22

Half a cookie...'coz I'm really not so sure.

I think it was just he awesome bubblyness of the girl in question. I'm back on guys.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Colossus in the Playground

Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-02-26 at 10:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

Serpentine... I... I love you.
    Homebrew Hoard
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All images by myself.

Last edited by Rauthiss : Today at 6:66 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

WolfInSheepsClothing

Facial hair sucks. That is all.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Huhwhatme?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    My ex-girlfriend and her girlfriend were at it today ^_^ I don't know if they got to go on the Float they were talking about, but they were a mime and a clown, respectively. So cute.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

28. - Top - End - #28

It was on today?! GODDAMIT, EVERY FRICKING YEAR. The last time I watched it was, I kid you not, in grade 6. I was fricking 11. I think it was the year with the awesome Pauline Hanson float.
    goddammit

Hrm. Looking at the TV Guide... Are they not showing it on TV anymore?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a clue, I've no channels. The parade was today, though. Apparently it was amazing.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

30. - Top - End - #30

Godfrickingdammit And I don't think it is being shown on TV anymore, which sucks. In fact, I don't think I've heard about it anywhere, except an article linked to a dodgy NineMSN poll about whether emergency services should be in the parade.
    Y'know, I'm surprised at how little attention this thing gets in this thread... I mean, it's a 2-week long festival of queer culture.

edit: Holy crap, homosexuality was a crime in New South Wales right up until 1984?!

edit mk. 2: It's only played on payTV
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-02-27 at 09:42 AM.