New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Haunted Happenings

"Yes! I am one!" The ghost says, sounding quite adamant and firm about it as she crosses her arms at the thought of any potential objection to her status. "A dead one, but still! And I suppose you need to call me something other than just Princess all the time. That sounds boring and tiring even to me." She admits before flopping back on the floor with a sigh. "I remember growing up, and I remember waking up dead, but names and faces escape me." A thought comes to her and she begins feeling her head from her ears to her hair. "I don't have a big hole in my head or something, do I? I know in the stories some ghosts have their wounds..." She wonders. She doesn't have such a hole on her head or anywhere, let alone any sort of mark of how she may have died.
    Haunted Pool

"Oh, no, nonono. Not at all!" Kin says, raising one hand to quickly wave it back and forth in an emphatically negative sort of way! "You look great! No wounds or anything!" And Kin had maintained enough presence of mind to look at least a bit, as she was flailing back out of the pool. She shakes her head once, moving her hand up to run through her still dripping hair, before flicking the hand coating worth of water she squeegeed away back into the pool. "All right, Princess," Kin nibbles at the inside of her cheek, pondering. The tone of her voice also in full agreement; she believes the ghost to be a princess, and would never dream of trying to argue. She's not one to judge!
    "Welllllll. What about . . . Annabel. Abigail. Ariana. Aaliyah. Anja. Aubrine. Ann. Anna. Avery-" Kin just kinda goes full ramble mod, head tilted slightly, and a thoughtful frown on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

[Cam Room]

Oh it wasn't a display. Mr C got no controll over the 'funny facts'. Those are obviouse jokes changing his appereance for a funny touch in any conversation/situation. The healing magic seems to work as the health bar turns up and disapears after it passed to orange again. With her healing Mr. C is back up and running. He caughts a bit seeing that there is no more blood coming out.

"Thanks Mrs Nurse. Now we can go on and slay that evil Mimic Door thing down there."
    Cam Room

"Dooooo you two want a hand with that? I'm not much in a fight, but I'd rather not see you all get banged up again."
    Last edited by Mee; 2019-09-09 at 10:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Orc in the Playground

[Cam Room]

Fel does some little stretches as the happy warm pinkness goes through the room, relieving some minor aches and pains.

Well, help would certainly be appreciated, especially if we have mimics hiding around here, we wouldn’t want you getting too overwhelmed having to treat injuries.

Right, Mr. C, let’s go get that door.

Do you wanna walk or should Nurse give you a ride?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Quarantine]

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Julia laughs. "Yeah. I guess you're right." She wipes away the tear. "It's gotta be all an act, right? Wouldn't make sense otherwise."

"So..." She grabs the tambourine and passes it to her feet again. She starts playing it, and, as she grabs the flute, says, "I've been practicing to beatbox at the same time as well but I'm not that good yet." Then, she starts playing the flute as well.

It's music.
    Sure, there's some magic woven in the music, but it's mostly entirely music. The magic isn't doing anything, anyway. It's just there, magical energy or whatever.
    Oh goodness this music is terrible. Foot-tambourine flute beatboxing by a sick emotionless shadowmonster?
    Why did she agree to this?

"Hey, do you feel that?"
    Honeysuckle doesn't recognize that's it's magical energy, but she can feel that's there's something.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Haunted Pool

"Oh! Oh! I like that one!" The ghost says, grinning. "Anja! Probably not my real name, but I like it and it is good enough for me." She adds before sighing and flopping back so her head rests against Kin. Oddly, her ears actually seem to poke at the Lamia, as if they were a little more "real" and substantial than the rest of her. "By all that is sweet, you've no idea how nice it is to see another person than a fish. I've been stuck in a little ring carried on the currents for...probably months now! Then I went *clink* against the outer hull and decided to take a peek."

5. - Top - End - #665
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Quarantine]

Juliekana shakes her head.

She obviously can't say anything, because she's got a flute in the way. And she's playing, so she can't stop.

So she keeps on playing.

At an adequate time to take a breath, she takes it out of her mouth and asks, "Feel what?"

She obviously goes back to playing. She can multitask! She can listen and play music at the same time.
    ...presumably.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #666

Haunted Pool

"Oh! Oh! I like that one!" The ghost says, grinning. "Anja! Probably not my real name, but I like it and it is good enough for me." She adds before sighing and flopping back so her head rests against Kin. Oddly, her ears actually seem to poke at the Lamia, as if they were a little more "real" and substantial than the rest of her. "By all that is sweet, you've no idea how nice it is to see another person than a fish. I've been stuck in a little ring carried on the currents for...probably months now! Then I went *clink* against the outer hull and decided to take a peek."
    Haunted Pool

Kin smiles happily, all her potential being startled and spooked entirely gone. Anja might be a ghost, but she seems super friendly! She 'eep!'s juuust a bit as a semi-tangible ear pokes at her, but with a quick shake of her head, lets it past.
    "Well, Anja, I am happy to be here to help!" And then she shakes her head, debating hugging her gently. "That . . . yeah that sounds like a tedious existence. I am sorry you were stuck like that for a while." Heck with it, Kin inches up slightly, balancing herself off of her hands, and hugs Anja gently!
    . . .
    Oh right she's a ghost, Kin.
    Another deep blue flush of her cheeks, and she continues with a bit of a choppy, "S-so y-you . . . a ring?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #667

Default Re: [Quarantine]

Juliekana shakes her head.

She obviously can't say anything, because she's got a flute in the way. And she's playing, so she can't stop.

So she keeps on playing.

At an adequate time to take a breath, she takes it out of her mouth and asks, "Feel what?"

She obviously goes back to playing. She can multitask! She can listen and play music at the same time.
    ...presumably.
    "Dunno. Something weird. Chill in the air?" Someone watching them?
    honeysuckle pays less attention to the music as she tries to figure out what it is that she noticed.
    Double-checks that Juliet isn't trying to escape quarantine somehow with the song as a distraction.
    No? That's not it?
    "Oh, there. It's like more music, but that you can't hear."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-09-12 at 09:56 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #668

Default [Quarantine]

Ooh, escaping quarantine while using the song as a distraction.
    That's a good idea.

Julia wishes she had come up with that one.

Instead, she stops playing. As the music stops, so does the magic. "That's too bad," she says. "Hearing's pretty fun. Anything you can't hear is pretty worthless."

Juliekana then puts down her instruments. "Now," she says, "if you want to hear more, you've got to let me out, okay?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #669

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    [Cam Room]

Fel does some little stretches as the happy warm pinkness goes through the room, relieving some minor aches and pains.

Well, help would certainly be appreciated, especially if we have mimics hiding around here, we wouldn’t want you getting too overwhelmed having to treat injuries.

Right, Mr. C, let’s go get that door.

Do you wanna walk or should Nurse give you a ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Cam Room

"Dooooo you two want a hand with that? I'm not much in a fight, but I'd rather not see you all get banged up again."
    Cam Room

"We would really apreciate your help."
    Mr C says to the nurse.

Then he turns to Felandria.

"I'm fine so I can go on walking again. Not that I had much problems walking, I was just knocked out." he then goes for the edge of the chair he was in all the time and jumps down. His landing sounds like someone dropped a small pillow. He will then continue to walk to the shuttle door . I should say he is rather slow due to the size so they might need to walk a bit slow.

"So what's the plan? Confronting them right away? I know the Mimic toung so I could talk."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #670

Default [Quarantine]

Ooh, escaping quarantine while using the song as a distraction.
    That's a good idea.

Julia wishes she had come up with that one.

Instead, she stops playing. As the music stops, so does the magic. "That's too bad," she says. "Hearing's pretty fun. Anything you can't hear is pretty worthless."

Juliekana then puts down her instruments. "Now," she says, "if you want to hear more, you've got to let me out, okay?"
    And it vanishes with the music. Maybe it's being played on a weird frequency, Honeysuckle wonders, that she can almost not hear?
    Well, whatever.
    "Mmm, love to, but can't let you out till you're well." she says to Juleo.

Oh, she can try out her plan!
    "What were you saying before? Philosophers, and what makes you human, like?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #671

Default [Quarantine]

"Umm..." Juliet shifts position so she can better remember what she said back then. What was it she had said? She just remembers it was something she made up. "You mean, 'You are what you eat'?" she asks. That was something she said back then, but what does that have to do with the current topic? Is she suggesting she needs to eat some humans? No, thanks. Not really into it. "Or some other part?"

But what were they talking about back then? Maybe that'll help her remember. "Oh! Yeah, my grandma. She's basically proof against that 'you are what you eat' argument. Which is why, like I said, something something character of a man's heart, something color of somebody's skin blah blah blah." She waves her hands as if to wave away the importance of the parts she doesn't remember.

"Or, in other words, yeah. Fate doesn't matter because it doesn't know who you are."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #672

"Fate knows who you are if anyone does. Am I right?"

Honeysuckle sighs. Jules definitely is a shadow monster bent on eating all of them.

"Uh, what color's your skin then? What does that have to do with it?"
    At first impression, all humans scan the same, honestly. They don't have nearly enough fur to tell apart.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #673

[Quarantine]

"What?"

She sits up.

"No."

Feeling somewhat offended, she lies down and faces away from Honeysuckle, curling up a little. "That's dumb. Fate's dumb. Nobody cares about it anyway."

She then sticks her arm up, as if she's expecting the fuzzy scientist to just look. "Just...this color," she says. "Besides, that's not the point. It's just a metaphor."

Of course, Julia is entirely to blame for her moodiness. First of all, she's not explaining things right. Second, she's expecting a blind person to see. Third, she's just moody for things that are entirely her own fault.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #674

Default [Quarantine]

"You care." Honeysuckle observes.
    Rude, not to let Jules keep lying to herself.
    "You're worried about your fate, aren't you?"

Really, she should just leave at this point, but it feels like she's close to learning something.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #675

Default [Quarantine]

Juliekana lifts up her head and turns it towards Honeysuckle.

"'Worried' is an emotion, too."

She puts her head back down...and then laughs as if she just found something pretty funny but doesn't want to disturb anybody else with her laughter so she tries to keep it in.

She leaves her curled-up ball and then moves so she's lying with her legs and arms spread, and facing straight upwards. "Well, doc, I...I don't know. Not really, I guess?" she says as a question, as if trying to ask Honeysuckle for the answer. "I mean, like, it's just like what we talked about in our last sesh." Juleka raises her legs so her knees are up, and then lifts one leg so it crosses the other. Her arms go up behind her head. "Wanting to be normal is a normal thing, right? It's actually not - the normal people want to be different, and it's only the different people who realize that being normal is actually a good thing. So that's probably why I want to just be normal."

Julie turns her head towards Honeysuckle, so she can whisper, "This is the part where you ask 'and how does that make you feel?'."

She looks back upwards and switches which leg is on top. "Well, basically, it makes me wonder what's wrong with me, you know? You ever asked yourself that? Like, why was I born to be a monster when ninety-whatever-point-seven percent of the world gets to choose whether or not they become a monster? If it weren't for things out of my control, then I probably would have been a normal girl with an alive family and whatever else I wanted. But, instead, fate said 'happy birthday, screw you' and now...now I'm lonely, and I'm tired, and I don't know what's going to happen next."

She laughs again. "Not worried, though. Not anymore. Obviously. It's still an emotion."

She has no idea what sort of stuff the fuzzy scientist is looking for, so as a result she is just talking. If she knew what was being looked for, she would say it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #676

Default [Quarantined]

"Yeah, yeah, you pretend to have emotions, I pretend to believe you."
    Honeysuckle says, waving a hand dismissively.

She stands tall and wags a finger at Jules.
    "Uh-uh. Normal sucks. I've heard what happens to normal folks; sure you have too. It's not pretty."

Now, if she said things just because the fuzzy scientist were looking for them, they wouldn't count, would they? She has to mean them.
    "Yeah, I asked myself. Just a mystery, looks like."
    "But still a person, and I bet you're still a person too, deep down. Just stop pretending to be normal."

After all, it's clearly not working.
    "Like, that even your real face? Your real name?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #677

Default Re: [Quarantined]

"What ever happened to fake it 'til you make it?" Juliana asks. "That used to be a thing. It means you have to pretend to be normal if you ever want to succeed at stuff."

Anyway.

Enough on faking stuff.

Time for her to discuss potentially real things. "Of course my face is real." Juleka sits up, and her face starts to droop down as if it's melting. She then pushes it back up with her hands. The 'glasses' she was wearing are now askew.
    She then laughs and her face is back to normal...not that a blind person would be able to easily tell the difference, after all. "I mean, obviously it's real. Come in here and see for yourself, I'll even let you touch it if you want."

She 'pfft's with her mouth, and then acts like she heard the funniest thing ever. "Seriously, fake faces? Where do people come up with these things? How can a face not be real?"

Notably, she hasn't said anything about her name yet.

...After a few moments she asks, "Wait, which name? I...don't know which one you're talking about."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #678

Default [Quarantined]

"That's not what it meant."
    Honeysuckle scoffs.
    It's about faking confidence and skill, and then acquiring them.

When invited into quarantine.
    "Thanks, but no."
    With an answer like that, the face is definitely fake. No need to touch it.

And then, a problem with an easy way out.
    "Well, what's your name?"
    Assuming the nameless, faceless shadow monster can tell the truth for a minute.
    "First name you ever got. From your mom maybe. Or what you call yourself."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #679

Default [Quarantined]

"Oh." She puts her hand on her chin, deep in thought. "I know the answer to that question."

She starts stroking her chin, then frowns, and then looks for a pillow so she can throw it in the direction of Honeysuckle. "Shut up," she suddenly says for no reason, "It's not funny. Of course I can remember my name."

Then she goes back to thinking. "It's...um....probably Anna or Francisca or Juliana or Antônia," she says. "Or Salazar? Jo? Juliek? Julia? One of those sounds familiar."

She groans and then lies down on her stomach, still trying to think back. "Oh!" She snaps. "The Scordatura! That's what I call myself."

A pause. "Wait, what does this question have to do with getting out of here?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Haunted Pool

Kin smiles happily, all her potential being startled and spooked entirely gone. Anja might be a ghost, but she seems super friendly! She 'eep!'s juuust a bit as a semi-tangible ear pokes at her, but with a quick shake of her head, lets it past.
    "Well, Anja, I am happy to be here to help!" And then she shakes her head, debating hugging her gently. "That . . . yeah that sounds like a tedious existence. I am sorry you were stuck like that for a while." Heck with it, Kin inches up slightly, balancing herself off of her hands, and hugs Anja gently!
    . . .
    Oh right she's a ghost, Kin.
    Another deep blue flush of her cheeks, and she continues with a bit of a choppy, "S-so y-you . . . a ring?"
    Haunted Pool

"Yeah."
    Anja says, sighing as she leans against the lamia. The hug was appreciated even if it mostly passes through her incorporeal form. "I dunno what all I can do just yet since this is my first time being...well, dead, but I know I can just kinda go into objects and nap? Hard to explain what it is." She admits before tilting her head to look up at Kin. "Mind if I stick around for a while or would you rather I head on out? I admit that if I were still alive I'd have been freaked out by a ghost, so I will understand perfectly if you'd rather I depart."

21. - Top - End - #681

[Arriving => Lab]

Finally after panicking and leaving and heading to GLoG, Holly the Half-Elf returns with four samples in stasis: two flesh samples and two blood samples. And they're labeled, too! Which ones come from the infected hand and which ones don't.

and that's it. Pretty boring. She's not really doing anything else.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #682

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Cam Room

"We would really apreciate your help."
    Mr C says to the nurse.

Then he turns to Felandria.

"I'm fine so I can go on walking again. Not that I had much problems walking, I was just knocked out." he then goes for the edge of the chair he was in all the time and jumps down. His landing sounds like someone dropped a small pillow. He will then continue to walk to the shuttle door . I should say he is rather slow due to the size so they might need to walk a bit slow.

"So what's the plan? Confronting them right away? I know the Mimic toung so I could talk."
    Nurse follows along! "Of course! I would be happy to help!"

Haunted Pool

"Yeah."
    Anja says, sighing as she leans against the lamia. The hug was appreciated even if it mostly passes through her incorporeal form. "I dunno what all I can do just yet since this is my first time being...well, dead, but I know I can just kinda go into objects and nap? Hard to explain what it is." She admits before tilting her head to look up at Kin. "Mind if I stick around for a while or would you rather I head on out? I admit that if I were still alive I'd have been freaked out by a ghost, so I will understand perfectly if you'd rather I depart."
    Haunted Pool

Kin's tail swishes around in the water a bit. She wants to try to help this poor ghost out. She seems nice. Even if the hug didn't work as well as she intended it to.
    "Welllll. I mean. Naps are awesome, not gonna lie. But . . . yeah that sounds a bit complicated." She raises one hand to scratch at the back of her head, her electric blue hair shifting slightly as she does.
    "Oh! Of course! Eeer. No? I don't mind at all. Please, do stick around!" Words, Kin! You can do it! "Some ghosts maybe, but you seem like a nice, good sort! I'd be delighted if you stay around for a bit. We can find you a place to stay around here."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683

"Oh." She puts her hand on her chin, deep in thought. "I know the answer to that question."

She starts stroking her chin, then frowns, and then looks for a pillow so she can throw it in the direction of Honeysuckle. "Shut up," she suddenly says for no reason, "It's not funny. Of course I can remember my name."

Then she goes back to thinking. "It's...um....probably Anna or Francisca or Juliana or Antônia," she says. "Or Salazar? Jo? Juliek? Julia? One of those sounds familiar."

She groans and then lies down on her stomach, still trying to think back. "Oh!" She snaps. "The Scordatura! That's what I call myself."

A pause. "Wait, what does this question have to do with getting out of here?"
    "So what is it."
    "Oh."
    "Hahahahaha."
    "Been lying so much you forgot your own name!?"
    Too bad Jules didn't find a pillow to throw.
    Honeysuckle, it's not nice to laugh at plague victims.

"Can't get out till you're cured. But the disease is just in your head. Seems like makes you forget yourself. Remember everything, Scordatura, and maybe you can go."
    She isn't going to call someone 'The' to their face.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #684

Default [Quarantined]

"The Scordatura," Julie says, making a correction. That word's really important, she thinks.

She rolls over again. "Since it's all in my head," she says, "are you saying if I didn't have a head that would be enough to let me go?" She has rolled close enough to the knife that she can grab it again. "I could make that work."

With her free hand, she waves away the worry. "Besides, I've forgotten my name a long time ago. Way before whatever-this-brain-disease is. It's not like names are important, anyway. Nobody ever got anything special just because they had a name."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Felandria's Room]

Lick.
    Lick.
    Lick.
    Li- Reinholdt stops mid-lick, staring at Nigel, his tongue still out and pressed against the invisible wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria will carefully pick Rein back up and lower the force field, allowing Nigel to enter with the food, and closes the door.

The fried rice smells delicious.
    Felandria's Room

Thanks. Nigel says, peering at Rein. He shuffles inside quickly, going to reach for the door before Fel beats him to it. Chicken fried rice for you and just chicken for Reinholdt. I didn't know if cats could eat rice or anything so I just um... you get it. Nigel says, setting down the bowl of fried rice first for Fel before setting the smaller dish down for Rein. I don't know uh... what's appropriate. Enjoy, I guess. Nigel has not worshipped a god before poor dear.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686

"The Scordatura," Julie says, making a correction. That word's really important, she thinks.

She rolls over again. "Since it's all in my head," she says, "are you saying if I didn't have a head that would be enough to let me go?" She has rolled close enough to the knife that she can grab it again. "I could make that work."

With her free hand, she waves away the worry. "Besides, I've forgotten my name a long time ago. Way before whatever-this-brain-disease is. It's not like names are important, anyway. Nobody ever got anything special just because they had a name."
    At the head-cut-off suggestion, Honeysuckle laughs.
    Then she notices Scordatura rolling towards the knife.
    "-haha, no. Don't keep your brain, or whatever shadow-monster thinking part, in your head? Then the head's not important."
    The floofy scientist decides she can at least try this.
    "If names aren't important, why does it have to be The Scordatura? Does that mean something?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #687

"Hey."

"You forgot."

"I'm mostly human. Only partially shadow-monster-thing. Human where it counts." So, just like breathing, her head's only mostly important.
    Juliana pouts, then sets the knife back down. She replaces it with ivory pool ball, which...disappears into her hand and starts quickly dissolving.

"Of course it means some-" She cuts herself off. Wait, she has to think about this. She shrugs. "The is important because I'm not just a scordatura, I'm the Scordatura. It's a grammar thing, I think. Don't complain to me, go find a dictionary and complain to it."

She picks up the knife again in her now-empty hand. "It's not a name, it's a thing. But I'm not a thing, I'm a person, which is why I get the 'the' word."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Felandria's Room

Thanks. Nigel says, peering at Rein. He shuffles inside quickly, going to reach for the door before Fel beats him to it. Chicken fried rice for you and just chicken for Reinholdt. I didn't know if cats could eat rice or anything so I just um... you get it. Nigel says, setting down the bowl of fried rice first for Fel before setting the smaller dish down for Rein. I don't know uh... what's appropriate. Enjoy, I guess. Nigel has not worshipped a god before poor dear.
    [Felandria's Room]

Rein squirms, mewling in dissatisfaction at being picked up. He manages to slip free and get back to the floor, but sadly not before the door is closed again. He stares at the sealed portal with great indignation and after a few seconds of this, meows loudly, pawing at the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #689

"Hey."

"You forgot."

"I'm mostly human. Only partially shadow-monster-thing. Human where it counts." So, just like breathing, her head's only mostly important.
    Juliana pouts, then sets the knife back down. She replaces it with ivory pool ball, which...disappears into her hand and starts quickly dissolving.

"Of course it means some-" She cuts herself off. Wait, she has to think about this. She shrugs. "The is important because I'm not just a scordatura, I'm the Scordatura. It's a grammar thing, I think. Don't complain to me, go find a dictionary and complain to it."

She picks up the knife again in her now-empty hand. "It's not a name, it's a thing. But I'm not a thing, I'm a person, which is why I get the 'the' word."
    "No, that's dumb. I'm not The Honeysuckle. She's not The Maria. Even though there's lots of both."
    The Floofy Scientist tilts her head at the disappearing pool ball.

"Anyway, if you're human where it counts, you can fight off this brain disease. Doesn't affect humans. Be as humany as you can be, and you get better, huh?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #690

"But she is The Book-girl and you are The Fuzzy Scientist," the Scordatura counters, trying to somehow be internally consistent.

Shut up, Juliana, that's only true in your head. Nobody else thinks that. In fact, you're probably the first person to just call them that.

Anyway.
    Back to the less important part of the conversation. "So, like, think human thoughts? Wish upon a star and hope I become a real boy?" she asks. "Think about how I felt when I met Dorabella to prevent a ticking time-bomb from going off and destroying the planet."

Actually, that one might actually work a bit more than the previous suggestion. The inhuman part of her supposedly is incapable of feeling emotions and the meme-disease only makes it truer and so to her there's nothing more human than feeling and caring.

Given how lonely and desperate she felt when Maria almost left her alone in that hallway, or how willing she is to do anything to keep the Floofy Scientist around, leaving her alone and scared and sad will probably be the first step in that. Of course, she'll probably have to take the second step on her own then, which will probably include recognizing and confronting how she's feeling. That is, to be honest, pretty hard to do for someone like her who has been running from her feelings and her identity and even her name for long enough to have forgotten it, so...

...I dunno.
    Serious dilemma.
    To make her feel human she needs to be left alone, but if she's left alone she'll probably just try to run from it. Metaphorically speaking, of course, because she's in quarantine. It'll be pretty hard to run away while locked up.

She starts dissolving the metal knife, now, and it vanishes inside of her hand.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.