New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Episode thread (Bleach itp) The Ultimate Battle, Darkness englufs the land!

Harubo, Ancient being of Unfathomable power, floated on clouds of impossibly dense reishi. His insectile chitin gleamed in the noonday sun as a cloud of darkness began to creep over the sky, swallowing it as it took the form of a massive canine headed beast before descending upon the land like a all consuming pluage, sweeping over houses a shrill cry coming from a small girl as her lamp light was extinguished in the near by Rukon district, and her home being coated in a darkness so deep, and sensory depriving even the sense of touch was dulled to a degree. Visible to Daisuke however, his light based Zanpaktou giving off a powerful light, the shining beacon in the darkest hour, was the chitinous armor coated Harubo, a crimson, guardless, Katana extending from his hand like a extension of his body, each movement fluid, and near perfect. When he saw that the Commander General's Zanpaktou still burned powerfully in this darkest night, he began to laugh manically his deep, powerful laughter being the only sound in what should have been the cacophany of battle around them. After a second he set his face again as he said, his voice rumbling throughout the area.
    "Well, then. It looks like I've found what I came for."
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-07-15 at 06:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Episode thread (Bleach itp) The Ultimate Battle, Darkness englufs the land!

Hayashi Daisuke, Commander-General of the Gotei 13...

looks at Harubo.

Then you will not object to taking this away from everyone else?

He seals his Zanpaktou. Because if you wish to fight me...

He shunpos over an uninhabited area.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-07-15 at 06:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Episode thread (Bleach itp) The Ultimate Battle, Darkness englufs the land!

Harubo chuckles at this, such petty mortal notions such as casualties did not concern him, he cracked his chitinous plates into place, a audible shifting can be heard as he also Shunpo's over to the unihabited location, the crimson blade's single blue tassle flying back in the wind as he moved with incredible speed, matching Daisuke step for step.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Daisuke lands on the ground, in an uninhabited place.

You know, the 11th believe that you should tell your opponent your name. They believe that a man should want to know the name of their killer.

I am Hayashi Daisuke.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Daisuke lands on the ground, in an uninhabited place.

You know, the 11th believe that you should tell your opponent your name. They believe that a man should want to know the name of their killer.

I am Hayashi Daisuke.
    Harubo smiles again, jagged rows of onyx teeth being revelaed as a sheering of stone like flesh can be heard, he speaks again, his words few, but powerful.

"I do not follow Shinigami custom anymore Hayashi Daisuke.

However, it is also merely polite that I tell the man who I'm going to devour who's going to destroy him.

I am Harubo, son of None, Entropy of Life, and Devourer of Worlds."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Daisuke speaks... simply.

Is that so.

Then prepare yourself, Devourer of Worlds.

He shunpos behind Harubo, and strikes at him.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Daisuke speaks... simply.

Is that so.

Then prepare yourself, Devourer of Worlds.

He shunpos behind Harubo, and strikes at him.
    He finds a crimson blade catching the edge of Daisukes powerful strike, the edges grinding on each other, as Harubo presses himself closer to Daisuke, eye to eye now, his mad eyes gaze with fury at him as he shouts.

"It is you who should be preparing!"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Daisuke grits his teeth as he bears his weight down on the edge of Harubo's blade, proving himself quite strong for such an old-seeming man.

Fury distracts...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Daisuke grits his teeth as he bears his weight down on the edge of Harubo's blade, proving himself quite strong for such an old-seeming man.

Fury distracts...
    Harubo merely presses forward harder when that last comment passes Hayashi's lips, before bringing up a kick as he he shouldered his way into a blade manuever that would break the lock unless some serious force was put into preventing it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Daisuke dodges the kick as he is sent skidding back by Harubo's manuver. Well, that was a good manoeuver.

He then runs at harubo, attempting to feint to the left and then strike at his right.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Harubo scoffs at the light slash to the right, but when a impossibly fast slash to the left comes he quickly screams out to the blackened area.
    "Eclipse, Sono Ichi dochira shou Seken!

A shikai burst of reaitsu sending out a shock wave, as a rapidly forming gauntlet catches the blade on the other side, the whirring blades attempting to catch, and shatter it.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

The blades do not catch it, as Daisuke moved the blade out of Harubo's reach.

Yes, it's massive. Yes, I can still move the blade very quickly.

Bring light to the Darkness, Shinken.

The large blade begins to glow with a golden light. This is my Zanpaktou. Shinken.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

"A blade of light, against my hand of shadow. It would almost seem cinematic if it weren't so pitifully obvious. Tell, me Hayashi. Do you know what they say about Shadows?"

He says, bringing up the gauntlet by his face, the shadows around him beginning to envelop him, and feed off of the light being produced by the Zanpaktou.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The common saying in the Rukon is that they are scared of the light. I believe that that origionated from a battle between me and a Adjuchas that intruded.

He points the blade at Harubo. Shinya.

The glow suddenly turns into a beam that shoots towards Harubo, fitting it's name of "Divine Arrow"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

The common saying in the Rukon is that they are scared of the light. I believe that that origionated from a battle between me and a Adjuchas that intruded.

He points the blade at Harubo. Shinya.

The glow suddenly turns into a beam that shoots towards Harubo, fitting it's name of "Divine Arrow"
    He holds out the gauntlet, a impossibly dense curvature of shadow causing the light to play out around him in what on lookers would call a beautiful cascade of light as Harubo said.
    "No, Were I come from. They say that the brighter the light."

Then in what seemed to be a bizzare act of improabablity, all the light that had cascaded into the area around Harubo formed a corona around his fist, a thrumming of power as the energy disspated, the darkness deepening around him to where he can barely be seen sans for the tell tale movement of his stony maw.

"The darker the shadow."
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-07-15 at 07:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Here;s your first problem. For a shadow to be cast, there must be an object.

Of course, if you can simply deflect my light...

Hadō 4. Byakurai!

A white lightning bolt shoots out of Daisuke's finger towards Harubo.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Here;s your first problem. For a shadow to be cast, there must be an object.

Of course, if you can simply deflect my light...

Hadō 4. Byakurai!

A white lightning bolt shoots out of Daisuke's finger towards Harubo.
    The bolt, moving faster then the last, strikes Harubo squarely in the chest, however, his natural hierro absorbs most of the impact, a smoking piece of chitin being the most effect this came to, as Harubo holds up his gauntlet again, a massive Dragon of Darkness forming up behind Hayashi Daisuke as Harubo charged inward for a FALCON PUNCH style moment of his own, the Dragon silent for now as Harubo lets out a blood curdling scream.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Shunpo. (c'mon, punch your own Dragon!)

Daisuke's now standing to the side.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Shunpo. (c'mon, punch your own Dragon!)

Daisuke's now standing to the side.
    As this happens, Harubo is rather surprised, and falls into the maw of the Dragon, which blends into the surroundings, then.... Silence.

((And, Deadtime, sorry to leave on a cliff hanger, but it happens.)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Daisuke nods. Well, that went better than expected.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as Kayashi Daisuke lets that phrase leave his lips, a massive rumbling is heard, and a massive, terrible, shadow dragon erupts from the shadows, it's body changed in the sense that it seems more material now, and has star lit eyes. It draws its head back, a massive insanely strong cero building in it's maw; it then took a swipe at the Commander General trails of darkness meeting shining ivory claws rending even the shadow it was made of, leaving long purple gashes in reality as the beast said in it's powerful, rumbling voice that seemed to shake reality itself.

"Congratulations captain, you've forced me to unveil a power I've not used in many centuries. Your looking at the ultimate technique of my shikai. Sumione Hebi Yochi." (Dark World Serpent)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Ultimate technique...

he blocks it. Then I suppose I should show you my little trick.

He brings his hand down across his face, summoning his Vizard mask.

And I made you look like an idiot, but that's not our primary concern here, is it?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Ultimate technique...

he blocks it. Then I suppose I should show you my little trick.

He brings his hand down across his face, summoning his Vizard mask.

And I made you look like an idiot, but that's not our primary concern here, is it?
    "Ah, a Vizard mask."
    The creature snickers as best a horrible shadow serpent can, before snorting a bit, and inhaling mightly the light from the Zanpaktou still being filtered into the surroundings to make it increasingly dark as he unleashes a wave of deadly purple cero at the Vizard masked Hayashi.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

The Vizard releases a counter-Cero instantaneously.

Well, this will be interesting...

Mindscape

Spoiler
    Show
    Three figureas are sitting in a circle, watching the battle... almost in third person, as it were, as if it were being projected out of a mist.

Interesting...

I'm not sure what he is, Dai. Best guess? He might've merged with his own Inner Hollow.

But what would that do to him?

I'm not sure. What really bothers me is that...

He decided to go after Daisuke. No one in their right mind wants to fight somone on the level of the Commander-General unless either they're on that level themselves... or they're acting as a distraction.

I think the former.

Well, I'll just have to dissuade him. SHINBAKUFUU!

As Daisuke swings the blade fast, a wave of light comes out of the blade, shooting towards the creature.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

The lance of light strikes a long, shallow, gash on the Shadow Serpent, a loud roar erupting from it's maw as it's eyes became filled with blood lust, and a popping of chitin can be heard and a spurt of blood seen, as a massive pulsing purple cero builds in his mouth, powerful waves of reaitsu being sent out like shock waves. Daisuke will recognize this as a Cero Oscuras. (Your close in the spoiler by the way, but not entirely correct.)
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-07-15 at 07:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

:bump For The Bump God!:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Mindscape

Spoiler
    Show
    And that's just unfair. INCOMING, YOU IDIOT!

I KNOW! SHINBAKUFUU - CERO!

As Daisuke swings his sword yet again, he combines an instantaneousely fired Cero with another wave of light, mamaging to absorb some of the blast. The remainder of the blast still pushes Daisuke back and injures him.

{{The version of Destiny Awaits from this scene starts playing about now.}}

Can't hold out against this at only Shikai... so let's take this up a bit.

Ban
    kai.

Moetatsu Hikari.

The glow from the sword instantly starts to behave like flame, and at the same time forms a pair of wings behind Daisuke. This is my Bankai. Now...

as Daisuke raises his sword. Shinya.

The glow forms into a lance of fire and light, aimed at Harubo.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

The "atomic bomb" effect that comes from that turns the Serpent from dust, a injured Harubo desecending from the vanishing carcass of his ultimate Shikai Technique like a Fallen Angel, a single black bat like wing beating to slow his descent, before breaking away like dust in the wind as he touched down, purple ichor oozing from multiple wounds, his Gauntlet still present however.

He raises his hand to preform another technique the light from Shinya still glowing like brilliant Sun, he merely absorbed the light into himself, and for a a short amount of time it was complete darkness, a chuckle emanating as Harubo's powerful voice echo'd from everywhere. and nowhere.

"I think we'll have to finish this later, for now I have more... Pressing matters to attend to."

Then a small dot of light began break through the darkness, blinding at first as it broke through, but growing as your eyes adjusted to it to reveal a crowd beneath the dome as the Reishi broke away more, and more people were shown beneath it, and a destroyed section of the Rukon where Daisuke had unleashed Shinya was evident. Apparently Harubo had played his own tricks with the orb of darkness, and the serpent moving them to a populated location.

However, despite the destruction that had come from Daisuke's area of effect attacks, and Harubo's own cero's that had missed, a single clapping can be heard, spreading a little, but bit by bit the crowd starts to applaud even, before spreading to a full out fanfare of a cheers of Daisuke's name.

Light had won over darkness for one more day.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Daisuke looks as he is cheered, and dispels his Bankai and Vizard mask.

And so we will... monster.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.