New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony IX: The Best Thread Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Is it a bad thing that I could listen to Rarity's crazy laugh for hours?
    In fact, maybe I will.

Of course somehow that promptly led to this, which I seem to find hilarious for some reason.
    I blame you for this. Ponies on Youtube are about as addictive as TVTropes. Have some spinning Applebloom, and then you can have some more, with perhaps better music. (Isn't that Megaman?)

I am More of a fan of Fluttershy though, although she can get just a little scary at times.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Hey, Phoe? How long can a story summary be? If it's under 200 words, I can get away with it, right?

Send me a preview in a PM or the instant messaging service of your choice (or e-mail me, I guess) so I can take a look at what you're planning? I'd need to see what you're planning to know whether or not it needs to be pared down or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oh, right. I came here for a reason, before starting (another!) apocalypse.

Artist Training Grounds Flutter/Dash Edition
    or
    ("I probably should have drawn the hardest pony first, huh?")

Spoiler
    Show

So, I got the idea by thinking "I should totally draw stuff that's thread related from now on!" and after getting over all those pictures of ponies seducing the camera by eating fruit - because this is for public consumption, after all - I went with a Chasing Rainbows themed picture.

Fluttershy looks plain because I free-handed her, with no setup what so ever. I think she turned out well though, except the hair. And those eyes! Luna in Chains that was a stroke of luck. I guess all that practice drawing Silver lining paid off; i had noticed she had unique-ish eyes, but never really paid them mind.

Dash was fun. I got some pretty good work there, too. And then I found a screencap of the exact pose I was drawing her in when I was 90% done and looking for a CM reference. Grr. I also noticed, when done, that she is drawn at a slant. I'm no kicking myself for not drawing Dashie first (...did I seriously just call her 'Dashie'? Wow.) so I could line Flutteryshy up in a more dynamic fashion.

With luck I can start on "tomorrow"s picture before bed so it's more thought out.

Hope you like it, Phoe!
    This is great, thanks so much for submitting it. I just wish I could have been the one to upload it. I am so upset right now. Stupid electric company. >.<

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Send me a preview in a PM or the instant messaging service of your choice (or e-mail me, I guess) so I can take a look at what you're planning? I'd need to see what you're planning to know whether or not it needs to be pared down or not.
    I think he was joking. I hope he's joking! I am guessing he wanted the descript for a good story to be a horrible story of it's own.

That could actually be pretty swell though. Now I'm torn.

This is great, thanks so much for submitting it. I just wish I could have been the one to upload it. I am so upset right now. Stupid electric company. >.<
    Oooh, so that's what happened to you ;3
    I was worried but was going to wait the customary 24 hours.

Out of curiosity, what would you have done as the theme, were you not powered out?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I think it's about time to wrap this up. So there's only one possible ending for this..

Sorry for teh cliffhunger, lol. il write when back from vacation. won't write more chappies until see 10 good revews. I go to spain now, awfvedersehen.
    Satire is nice, but come on, who would do such a thing? Begin a story, post it in early January, write most of the second part and then ignore till this very day. No-one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Needs more Luna. Have a comic.

Spoiler
    Show

Also, I finally finished Pony Effect: Chapter 4. For good or for worse.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    That definition is pretty good, but it kind of Raz_Foxes out.
    By which you mean that it becomes 20% cooler right there at the end. Yes, that's certainly a proper use of the verb form of Raz_Fox.

The sound of hope dying. It is a sound that makes my soul sing.
    Too bad that hope is a phoenix. You can never really kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Because Phoe apparently didn't post it over here as well...

She found the most adorable recap of the pilot. The most adorable. The scouter broke when I tried to take its adorable level.
    YES. YEEEEEEEEEEES. SO CUTE.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Colossus in the Playground

By which you mean that it becomes 20% cooler right there at the end. Yes, that's certainly a proper use of the verb form of Raz_Fox.
    Language breaks down, communication becomes impossible, open warfare is the only option.

Haha! Hope is a cosmic troll!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Language breaks down, communication becomes impossible, open warfare is the only option.
    Or you could just start using the Mareiam-Webster, like all gentlecolts do these days.

Haha! Hope is a cosmic troll!
    Oh, I'm dead. No, wait, I'm not! Ha! Oh, but now you've crushed me, mmm-hmm. Oh, look, now I'm back! Ahahaha! Up yours, despair!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #249

Or you could just start using the Mareiam-Webster, like all gentlecolts do these days.
    Or I could settle for Uppercuttish. We exchange all information through the medium of uppercuts. Like so!

Oh, I'm dead. No, wait, I'm not! Ha! Oh, but now you've crushed me, mmm-hmm. Oh, look, now I'm back! Ahahaha! Up yours, despair!
    I was more thinking along lines

"You think things will turn out for the best? HAHA SOMEONE THREW A BRICK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW"
    "No, no, I'm being serious now. No tricks. Today the world's gonna be pretty good. ANTS IN YOUR FIRE DETECTOR!"
    "Okay. I'm going to level with you. Today, the air is sweet, you're rested and refreshed and everything will - oh, did you just open your jar of honey to discover a colony of spiders? Gee. I wonder how long until you start trusting me again!"
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-05-31 at 10:38 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Or I could settle for Uppercuttish. We exchange all information through the medium of uppercuts. Like so!
    Allow me to reply in Modern Cupcakes, in which I relay my information through the preparation and frosting of the cupcakes that I make from your internal organs. Like so.

I was more thinking along lines

"You think things will turn out for the best? HAHA SOMEONE THREW A BRICK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW"
    "No, no, I'm being serious now. No tricks. Today the world's gonna be pretty good. ANTS IN YOUR FIRE DETECTOR!"
    "Okay. I'm going to level with you. Today, the air is sweet, you're rested and refreshed and everything will - oh, did you just open your jar of honey to discover a colony of spiders? Gee. I wonder how long until you start trusting me again!"
    And yet, the window can be replaced. The ants can be cleaned out. The spiders... BURN THEM WITH FIRE, EXTERMINATE THEM, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINAAAAAAAAAAATE-

I'm sorry, were we talking about something?
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251

Allow me to reply in Modern Cupcakes, in which I relay my information through the preparation and frosting of the cupcakes that I make from your internal organs. Like so.
    *Reads* "I just want to be friends". Aww. *Dies*

And yet, the window can be replaced. The ants can be cleaned out. The spiders... BURN THEM WITH FIRE, EXTERMINATE THEM, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINAAAAAAAAAAATE-

I'm sorry, were we talking about something?
    Stop being a baby and eat your spiders or you won't get any dessert

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Oooh, so that's what happened to you ;3
    I was worried but was going to wait the customary 24 hours.

Out of curiosity, what would you have done as the theme, were you not powered out?
    I'd like to tell you, but I'm planning on trimming one of the later themes in favor of sticking as closely as possible to my original schedule and just using it tonight instead. It wouldn't be fair to everypony else if I gave you a head start, so please forgive me for remaining tight lipped.

Also, I'm realizing Sethisto doesn't think these things through anywhere near as much as I do... wings? I guess that forces ponies to think a little more about anatomy, but where is the lesson? Today was supposed to be about proportions! I've got to get through all the basic lessons so I can start getting to the crazier and more advanced stuff!

@Raz_Fox: I got your submission and am forwarding it to the pre-readers as per your request. Your tags amused me greatly.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Hope that wor--

-ks. Nuts.

well, at least I was right. You went berserk/evil and I was totally ok with it. *sigh*

IT WASN'T ENOUGH! Lix, we have to cross the streams!

FRIENDSHIP CANNON FIRE!
    Spoiler
    Show

I HAVE A PICTURE PREPARED FOR THIS
    Spoiler
    Show

Oooooh, I like that... can I quote?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I blame you for this. Ponies on Youtube are about as addictive as TVTropes. Have some spinning Applebloom, and then you can have some more, with perhaps better music. (Isn't that Megaman?)

I am More of a fan of Fluttershy though, although she can get just a little scary at times.
    *Just finished watching both Applebloom spins, both Fluttershy videos, a better (IMO) Fluttershy Sparta, and Rainbow Dash going OHMYGOSH for 13 minutes*
    I swear to you erikun, every spare thought I have will now be devoted to cursing you.
    Now if only the ponies left me some spare thoughts...

15. - Top - End - #255

Also, I'm realizing Sethisto doesn't think these things through anywhere near as much as I do... wings? I guess that forces ponies to think a little more about anatomy, but where is the lesson? Today was supposed to be about proportions! I've got to get through all the basic lessons so I can start getting to the crazier and more advanced stuff!
    The lesson for me today was "How the buggery do I think of a good wings joke that nopony else will think of?" I am content with my answer.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-05-31 at 11:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

A challenge Playgrounders! I require the saddest, cutest pony picture that can be found on the interwebz. It must be of a single pony being really cute and sad. Anyone have any suggestions?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    A challenge Playgrounders! I require the saddest, cutest pony picture that can be found on the interwebz. It must be of a single pony being really cute and sad. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Better fire up those tear ducts!

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-31 at 11:52 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, I notice a distinct lack of OP posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen
    Spoiler
    Show

That's the only sad pony one I found. Are humanized pictures allowed, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony IX: ...

That reminds me. Have we seen any Pony/Teen Titan fics? Because we must have one. And Rainbow Dash could race Kid Flash! And Twilight could compare notes with Raven and note the similarity in their voices! Pinkie Pie and Starfire would have the best party ever! And Applejack would learn all about modern agricultural techniques with Cyborg!

This leaves Rarity and Robin. This would either be the best thing or the worst thing ever.

Somepony must write this.
    I love this idea. I can't believe I didn't see this until now.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Hm, I notice a distinct lack of OP posts.

Spoiler
    Show

That's the only sad pony one I found. Are humanized pictures allowed, too?
    Humanized aren't what I'm looking for. I'm making something. I'm just going to go with a sad Applebloom, found a good one for what I want. The downside is my head is now full of sad ponies. Fortunately this helps drive sad ponies away.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

If (hypothetically speaking) you were to write a Kingdom Hearts ponyfic, and you (in theory) decided that each of the mane cast plus Celestia and Luna all would get keyblades, what would you call them?

I like the idea of calling Celestia's Guarding Star, and a possibility for Applejack's would be Best Policy, but those are the only ideas I had.

And remember, this is all just a thought exercise.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-05-31 at 12:05 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony IX: ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I love this idea. I can't believe I didn't see this until now.
    A friend of mine did one for the April Fools contest. It's really mired in the continuity made by a group of my friends, though, so original characters and the like abound.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Late submission for yesterday's PaD. (Also sent to the submission site, since it generates blogger code automatically or something? Saves time, right?)

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    If (hypothetically speaking) you were to write a Kingdom Hearts ponyfic, and you (in theory) decided that each of the mane cast plus Celestia and Luna all would get keyblades, what would you call them?

I like the idea of calling Celestia's Guarding Star, and a possibility for Applejack's would be Best Policy, but those are the only ideas I had.

And remember, this is all just a thought exercise.
    Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Blade
    Twilight Sparkle, Night Divide
    Luna, Stalwart Moon
    Rarity, Jeweled Gift
    Fluttershy, Soft Caress
    Rainbow Dash, Prism Edge

Mostly off the top of my head.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-05-31 at 12:35 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Late submission for yesterday's PaD. (Also sent to the submission site, since it generates blogger code automatically or something? Saves time, right?)

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm trying to figure out the best place to post this. I feel like the joke might actually get funnier if I feature it in today's batch. It'd definitely be less work for me, since I can't edit yesterday's post with Blogger being all dumb and only giving Sethisto full permissions.

Your thoughts?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm trying to figure out the best place to post this. I feel like the joke might actually get funnier if I feature it in today's batch. It'd definitely be less work for me, since I can't edit yesterday's post with Blogger being all dumb and only giving Sethisto full permissions.

Your thoughts?
    YES

Would it be better to insert it as it is, or should I mock up a new title text with today's date/theme? (Trivial effort to do, in fact I'll do it right now and we can compare)

[EDIT]: Finite!

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-05-31 at 12:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Blade
    Twilight Sparkle, Night Divide
    Luna, Stalwart Moon
    Rarity, Jeweled Gift
    Fluttershy, Soft Caress
    Rainbow Dash, Prism Edge

Mostly off the top of my head.
    Pinkie Blade sounds kinda dull IMO. Maybe Party Bringer?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Pinkie Blade sounds kinda dull IMO. Maybe Party Bringer?
    Just seemed like the kind of thing she'd name it is all.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    YES

Would it be better to insert it as it is, or should I mock up a new title text with today's date/theme? (Trivial effort to do, in fact I'll do it right now and we can compare)

[EDIT]: Finite!

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't seem to load the image for some reason. But I do think that altering the text to imply it's for today would be much better.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't seem to load the image for some reason. But I do think that altering the text to imply it's for today would be much better.
    Blargh. Probably because dropbox generates links that connect over https. Perhaps this:

Spoiler
    Show

?