New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Hmm... I wonder if it was Grim? His crystal was shattered...

Though this theory falls on the fact that death likely claimed him even before Viola, so meh

Good writing once again, Silver! Looking forward to seeing how the first story arc will be closed

2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

Delicious crystallized sugar based confectionery, perhaps?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
    Delicious crystallized sugar based confectionery, perhaps?
    While that would be hilarious, I'm betting it's something rarer that that.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    While that would be hilarious, I'm betting it's something rarer that that.
    Delicious confectionary made from the sugar of a rare species of cane that only grows in places sanctified by lawful good monks and holy water blessed by the preist of a god of confectionary, heated by the good in the hearts of 1000 children on a particularly happy Christmas day, flavoured with fruits from all the corners of the world and wrought into confectionary by an ancient master who lives on a mountain and works only in daylight...then half dipped in dark chocolate?
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Delicious confectionary made from the sugar of a rare species of cane that only grows in places sanctified by lawful good monks and holy water blessed by the preist of a god of confectionary, heated by the good in the hearts of 1000 children on a particularly happy Christmas day, flavoured with fruits from all the corners of the world and wrought into confectionary by an ancient master who lives on a mountain and works only in daylight...then half dipped in dark chocolate?
    This made me laugh out loud.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 48
    -Cast-
    Nil
    Mordokai
    Kurama
    Viola

Spoiler
    Show
    A soft flat surface raced up under her. She lay on top of it content, unwilling to move at all with her eyes closed. She could vaguely feel something soft drapped over her. How wonderful everything felt. It was so peaceful. She thought she could hear some soft breathing to her left, but didn't think much of it.

After an eternity laying like this, the sound of footsteps on stone was heard in the distance. They came closer and closer, until they came right into the room. They paused for a moment, then they walked right past her. While her eyes were closed, she could sense faint flashes of sound coming from the footsteps. As she watched with wonder, she saw that the room was long with many beds set in an orderly pattern.

Eventually the footsteps stopped at the end of the room. Just before the last of the sound stopped, Viola caught a glimps of another man standing there, looking out the window. Then she could hear the two men talk in whispered voices. However, she could hear every word.
    "Is he really still here?"

"Yes."
    The other man spoke with a stern disapproval.
    "I've been having food brought in here for him."

"Well, I shouldn't be so suprised. He almost had a repeat of his darkest hour."

There was a pause before the other man spoke.
    "He should have learned by now that these things happen. Its better to just let go."

Viola's mind, which was working real slowly, finally recognized that it was Mordokai and Nil who was talking.
    "Well, look at it this way. The fact that he didn't let go seemed to have saved her."

"We don't have any evidence that that actually did anything, Nil."

"My apologies. But you can't just throw it out entirely. Surely this needs some looking into."

"I already have Blue looking into it. However, we really won't have a chance to test it unless someone else gets remarkably close to death."

There was a further silence.
    "Still, it is increadibly lucky that no one on our side had died. There were quite a few close calls, for sure. If she failed to kill Grim for another 30 seconds, then there would be for sure some casualties."

"Indeed. I asked Blue why we never suspected Grim as being the beacon, and he said that he never thought about it before either. Apparently its quite a torturous experience to have the magic of the beacon inside of you."

"I think Grim was relying extensively on his healing power to minimize the pain. That actually could have weakened him enough for them to bring him down if he was always using some of his power for the pain."

"Like I said, we can never know for sure."

There was another pause.
    "Have you seen Lix? She seems to be taking it quite hard."

"Lix has to learn like Kurama. Holding onto attachments are more painful then they are pleasure. She's got to let go of her past and realize that that was a different Grim back then."

Viola however reacted with the word Kurama. Very slowly, she stirred. She heard a sharp intake of breath beside her.
    "V-Viola? Are you awake?"
    With it seeming like she was trying to lift up the fortress itself, Viola slowly opened her eyes.
    "Viola! You are awake!"

She slowly turned her head to her left and saw Kurama sitting beside her. His expression was of a deep happiness. She struggled to make her mouth work, but eventually found the words.
    "Ku...rama? Where...Where...?"

"Sshhh. Its okay. You're in the infirmary. Everything is going to be alright now."

She heard footsteps and looked over. Mordokai and Nil were approaching, looking at her.
    "How do you feel?"

Viola blinked.
    "Tired..."

Nil nodded.
    "Thought so. It was extremely difficult trying to heal you."

Viola tried to smile.
    "What, am I too much for you?"
    She tried to make it off as a joke.

Mordokai's expression did not show any appreciation for the joke.
    "Viola. Grim's blade stabbed you just below the heart. Just two inches higher and you would be dead."

Viola froze.
    "...Oh..."

"You had us all nervous that you wouldn't make it. Your crystal completely lost its light and had nearly cracked in two. Barely a fraction of an inch remained between the crack and the other edge of your crystal."

Viola felt a sense of fear flood through her. She looked down and saw her crystal had been placed gently on top of her chest. There was no crack in it and it was faintly glowing, though not nearly as brightly as what it use to.

Kurama then spoke up.
    "After awhile, it slowly began to fix itself and the crack disappeared. I wouldn't move from this spot until you woke up."

Viola looked up at him, then back at Mordokai and Nil.
    "How long was I out?"

"Close to five days. The first two were the worst. If it wasn't for Penny carrying me up to you, I doubt I would've made it in time."

Viola blinked.
    "Well... I'm sorry for giving you all a scare..."

"Don't think anything of it. You still saved the day after all. Speaking of which, we better get going."
    Nil made his way to the door, but Mordokai remained, staring sternly at Viola and Kurama.
    "Mordokai?"
    Slowly, Mordokai turned and left with Nil.

Viola turned back to Kurama.
    "5 days?"

"Yeah, you were pretty badly hurt."

"No, I mean, you were here by my bedside for 5 days?"

Kurama chuckled.
    "Oh...heh...yeah."
    Viola smiled, then slowly tried to get up. She didn't need Kurama's hands suddenly on her shoulders to tell her it was a bad idea. Pain lanced all up her left side. It was then that she realized she couldn't feel her left arm. She looked down quickly at it, making sure it was still there. It was.
    "Nil said it might be numb for a while."

Viola nodded, then she squinted. It looked like something was in her left hand.
    "Kurama, what's that? In my hand?"

Kurama slowly reached down and peeled her fingers away. Placed in her palm was Kurama's own crystal, glowly brightly. Viola stared at it in awe. Kurama smiled.
    "Now you know why I couldn't leave your bedside for 5 days."

Viola looked back up at him, feeling her cheeks start to glow. Then she looked at the plain white garments that she was placed in. She then turned right back at Kurama.
    "You watched, didn't you? You pervert!"

Spoiler
    Show
    A dark tunnel extended endlessly. A lone dark cloaked figure walked silently down them. A torch in his hand was all the light he could use to see. Finally, he approached a large wooden door. It was slightly rotten from the dampness of the tunnel. Slowly, the cloaked figure reached out and pushed the door open.

On the other side, a brilliantly decorated room met his sight. A well dressed man sat behind a desk, looking up.
    "You're late."

"Had to be a set time for me to be late. You just demanded for me to come."

The man behind the desk looked up at the cloaked figure darkly.
    "Indeed. Have a seat."

The cloaked man sat down.
    "So, who's the target this time?"

"Always jumping to the point, are you?"

"I'd rather not waste my time with chit-chat. Anyways, I don't feel like doing anything for you anymore since you helped in your own bounty's escape."

"I told you. I don't want him assassinated anymore. The opportunity has passed."

"Well, I have to earn a living somehow or another. I still need to collect on that bounty."
    The well dressed man reached down and pulled out a bag that clinked of coins. He then slid it across towards the cloaked man. The man looked inside breifly, before looking back up.
    "Very well. I shall stop my pursuit of him."

"As you should. I don't not want anything to happen to my nephew."

"My word is my word. Now, who's the target this time?"

The well dressed man slid across a folder with some papers in it.
    "A paladin. This one has set my plans back. It is expensive keeping that Academy opened, yet I can't do it with the public supporting them. The assassination on my nephew after they supposedly denied to send any protection to that festival was suppose to discredit them."

"And are you sure you want to shut them down? As I understand it, they stopped a demon invasion."

"An invasion that was started by one of their own. But the simple fact that they did stop them made them look like they're invincible. If this one dies, the supposed 'savior' of mankind. Then doubt will be easy to spread throughout the public."

The cloaked man opened the file. Surprise lit up his face as he recognized a drawing of the face of Viola looking back at him.
    "Interesting. I remember her quite well. She was the one who stopped my initial assassination attempt."

"Well it seems you already have motivation in this job before hand, eh Recaiden? Do we have an agreement?"

Recaiden looked up and then shook the man's hand.
    "We have an agreement. Don't worry King Lock."
    He slowly made his way out of his chair.
    "This 'Viola' will die. I can guarantee it."
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-28 at 01:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

I got mentioned! Hooray!

I mean. Uh. Viola's alive! Hooray!
    xP
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Barbarian in the Playground

Who's the new character

please say its licoot
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

And so the fatal flaw of Grim's plan is revealed at last. I kind of wondered why he did not just stubbornly refuse to die, with the healing power and all... I guess that that was just the final straw. But at least Viola is alive, so hooray

Great chapter once again, Silver! And you left just right kind of cliffhanger in there too

As a side note, now we DEFINITELY need TvTropes page for this one
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-11-15 at 02:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yay, new story arc!

What's next on Paladin Academy?
    Don't kill me please...
    - Exclusive interviews with the heroes of the demon invasion
    - Assassins hanging from cliffs
    - Kurama learns to play Viola
    - Blue finally discovers his true taste-neutral blue hotdog sauce
    - Mordocay sees Grim times ahead: there is not a Penny of funding left! With Nil reserves, will the Academy have to close?
    - Meanwhile: the downtrodden Demon Defense Force Lix its wounds and rises up again!
    - Darken feels Blue: due to Vulpine infestation his favourite Rabbit becomes Scarge! Yeah, that was cheating. Sue me.
    - Mangosta doesn't pay his Bill and ends up under Lock and key!
    Thanks for a great season Silver, and Kujos to you!

By the way: even if he won't show up for probably about two additional arcs: I have the feeling Penny's complete gravity control might render Ysan's momentum power essentially useless. True or just too much worries?
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Oh god the puns. DXD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    This made me laugh so much
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

I can't be the only one who heard the MGS music while reading the second spoiler, surely?

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    Yay, new story arc!

What's next on Paladin Academy?
    Don't kill me please...
    - Exclusive interviews with the heroes of the demon invasion
    - Assassins hanging from cliffs
    - Blue finally discovers his true taste-neutral blue hotdog sauce
    - Mordocay sees Grim times ahead: there is not a Penny of funding left! With Nil reserves, will the Academy have to close?
    - Meanwhile: the downtrodden Demon Defense Force Lix its wounds and rises up again!
    - Darken feels Blue: due to Vulpine infestation his favourite Rabbit becomes Scarge! Yeah, that was cheating. Sue me.
    - Mangosta doesn't pay his Bill and ends up under Lock and key!
    Thanks for a great season Silver, and Kujos to you!

By the way: even if he won't show up for probably about two additional arcs: I have the feeling Penny's complete gravity control might render Ysan's momentum power essentially useless. True or just too much worries?
    Oh my gosh. I could not stop laughing for a while after reading all those puns. Anyways, to tell you the truth, I haven't thought about it that far. In fact, The first story arc is the only one I really had planned forward and backwards. From now on, the plot will only have a few key points in each story arc and most of the content will be written out on the spot. Even though I had the ending for this arc so well planned out, admittedly, I haven't figured out how to start the second one yet. I do have a plot for story arc 2, as you could see. I only need to think of how to flow into it.

Also, the start of the next arc will be delayed somewhat because I want to organize the first post better and reviewing who has signed up for what types of roles. I also promised someone on this forum that I'd start my web comic "Idiosyncrasy" again when I finish the first story arc, so I'm going to be juggling that as well. Anyways, don't worry, I'll get back around to writting this again soon. I also want you all to theorize as much as possible to see if you all caught my little hints at things in the story so far.

15. - Top - End - #675

Well, if there were some laughs in it that's all I could wish for. (Actually I just had the idea of the playing viola one and then thought if I'd want to post it I'd need a bigger package. BTW: Sorry to all for whom I couldn't find a pun on their names^^)
    Regarding Ysan I just wanted to check up if I needed to think of a new power.

Since I've been reading Idiosyncrasy as well I can live with you juggling... So just let me read through the first arc again so we can begin to speculate
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

16. - Top - End - #676

*applause*
    Wow, Silverraptor, I am so happy that you stuck through with this. A true reflection of the beauty that is the Playground.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

(whispers in Silver's ear)

Lix uses evil ritual to bring back griiiiim ♪

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! Viola's alive!

Oh noes! Recaiden's going to assassinate Viola!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    As a side note, now we DEFINITELY need TvTropes page for this one
    If any of you make the TvTropes page, just put a link in here.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    If any of you make the TvTropes page, just put a link in here.
    I would, but I really have no idea how to make one

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (whispers in Silver's ear)

Lix uses evil ritual to bring back griiiiim ♪
    ...YES.

But not too soon, othervice it will be dull. Plus I think his alignment might be shifted after that one

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    I would, but I really have no idea how to make one

...YES.

But not too soon, othervice it will be dull. Plus I think his alignment might be shifted after that one
    Go to any normal page and replace the page's title in the URL with the name of the work (no spaces) then add it to any indexes you think fit.

Works are a free launch, so there's no need to go through the YKTTW and the like.

22. - Top - End - #682

Now thats how you end a saga! Excellent work as always Silver, glad to see you still have some plans up your sleeves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks Nil.

And Bis, what particular MGS music do you mean?

24. - Top - End - #684

I hate being doomed to failure for trying to kill the main character. I hope I at least get Kurama. No offense, Lil' Shiro. But you are the romantic interest. so you'll live too, I guess.
    Maybe I can get a minor named character?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #685

Griffon

Another great piece of writing Silver, brought to a nice conclusion...yet also setting up for future events
    and
    I'm in it!!!!! (in a sinister cameo sort of way )
    Hurrah- King Lock eh? I like it!

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks Nil.

And Bis, what particular MGS music do you mean?
    The sting at the end (which I think was just the last few notes of the main theme) of the games (where there's always a codec conversation which gives things a final twist).

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

The sting at the end (which I think was just the last few notes of the main theme) of the games (where there's always a codec conversation which gives things a final twist).
    I don't really know anything about MGS. You'll have to post the link.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

I don't really know anything about MGS. You'll have to post the link.
    This is the conversation I was thinking of; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyau8OSJ8Hg#t=5m40s

Turned out there was no theme music playing over the conversation, just a sting at the end.

29. - Top - End - #689

I hate being doomed to failure for trying to kill the main character. I hope I at least get Kurama. No offense, Lil' Shiro. But you are the romantic interest. so you'll live too, I guess.
    BWAHAHA! Yes, my total crush on Viola saves the main characters once again!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I'm sure that won't happen.

¬_¬"