New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rak's Subnautica playthrough (moved from the what are you playing thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    I thought I tried that in the past, and didnt find any additional cargo. it's possible it was there and I didnt find it.

Regardless, there's a problem with that. I used my chip on the Launch platform, so in addition to no medkit fab, I also have no vehical modification bay until I find table coral.

The hel of it is, I actually brought an additional chip through the gate, but it was pre-crafted into an advanced wiring kit, in anticiption of the Grapple arm. If I'd left it as a ship, I would have had better flexibility, and could always upgrade it later.
    It does add a few slots, it's just that it's a lot less than what it adds to the seamoth, and it does it differently. On the seamoth, each storage module adds a separate 4x4 container. On the Prawn, each module increases the size of the default storage by 6 spaces.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rak's Subnautica playthrough (moved from the what are you playing thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    It does add a few slots, it's just that it's a lot less than what it adds to the seamoth, and it does it differently. On the seamoth, each storage module adds a separate 4x4 container. On the Prawn, each module increases the size of the default storage by 6 spaces.
    Huh, and I guess that means even without a module, the prawn has what 24 spaces?

If I redid this challenge for a YouTube video or something, I think I'd adjust what I bring to the gate with me, knowing that.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, 24 is the default. A 50% capacity increase from adding two storage modules is not bad at all, considering the total cost for that is 6 titanium 2 lithium.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    If I redid this challenge for a YouTube video or something, I think I'd adjust what I bring to the gate with me, knowing that.
    Spoiler: Revised packing list
    Show

5 tools_ (thermoknife/hab builder/scanner/welder/cutter)

4 (1)Creepvine seed (infinite lube/silicone/fiber)

2 ingot
    2 lead
    1 lube

1 chip (for launch platfom)

14 Minimal prebase (hatch/tube/solar/outside growbed/fab, minus 1 quartz)
    +2 copper for scanner room (total:9 titanium, 2 quartz, 1 gold, 1 table coral, 3 copper)

1 ingot
    1 power cell (MVB)

1 chip (medkit fab/Vehical mod)
    1 silver (medkit fab)

2 plasteel
    1 enamled glass
    2 diamond
    2 lead (prawn suit minus 2 aerogel- +24 inventory)

1 wire kit
    1 copper wire
    1 titanium (Battery charger)

1 spare chip (grapple arm?)

2 magnatite (thermal generator)

Spoiler: Grand reef packing
    Show
    Essential:
    5 titanium,
    2 aerogel,
    2 magnatite (thermal gen)

4 titanium,
    1 quartz (tube+hatch)

1 titanium
    1 gold
    1 table coral (fab)

1 wire kit
    1 copper wire
    1 titanium (Battery charger)

5 tools
    25 = 11 titanium, 2 aerogel, 2 magnatite, 1 quartz, 1 gold, 1 table coral, 1 wire kit, 1 copper wire, 5 tools
    23 +24 slots available

12 Guaranteed (already on hand)
    -2 copper
    -1 quartz
    -2 chips
    -4 (1)creepvine seed
    -1+ gelsacks
    -1 silver
    -1 lube

Shopping list
    10 (20) titanium, converted to ingots as reserves permit
    2 lead, (moonpool)

2 quartz (second potential solar panel)
    2 fiber (medkit fab, bed)

1 plasteel (10 titanium, 2 lithium)
    1 copper wire (2 copper) (neptune gantry)

4 (3 titanium+1 lithium) (+6 prawnsuit inventory)
    10 (5 titanium, 4 diamond, 1 lithium) (Prawn drill arm)
    14(5 titanium, 1 lithium, 1 salt, 4(1) blood kelp sap, 2 gold, wiring kit) (prawn grapple arm)
    6 (1 plasteel, 3 nickle, 2 ruby) (Prawn depth upgrade)

7 (Plasteel, 3 nickle, 2 aerogel, wiring kit) Neptune booster

I probably wont use this, but it's here anyway.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

10 hours 14 minutes. Status: Lost River rebuild.

Since the moonpool in the northeast grand reef is better for farming stalker teeth than I'm likely to encounter for awhile, I crafted a total of 4 enamled glass and a few more ingots. The idea is to build the cyclops now, and use the wall lockers to store the command pod enamled glass. Was able to turn the ingots into plasteel on my way over, with lithium from a cave in probably the lower corner of the sparse reefs.

Just one problem. I had the cyclops engine and a single bridge fragment, but no hull fragments at all. I could clear the gantry from my inventory, and drop the marblemelon seeds, but I was still pretty packed. I needed table coral, and that meant Lost River.

Down past the Degasi hab, there is an entrance to the lost river. Saw a bunch of crystaline sulfer I didnt dare pick up, and dropped a beacon by a Nickle deposit I would need a drill arm to recover. Relatively close to the neptune launch pad, so it's something to pick up on the way out. Went too far when I saw a ghost leviathan, and he saw me- had to give it a few robotic right crosses to get it to back off, and I backed off as well. checked the map, I overshot my turn for the precursur cash, through the lower blood kelp, and into the area I was familiar with. Climbing the lost river with an un-upgraded prawn was difficult, but possible- I didnt need to resort to Foundation platforms again. I was, however, running low on water. This deep, I couldnt just make a tube airbase, I needed a thermal plant. (though come to think of it, the cofee maker doesnt use power- would it work inside an unpowered tube?) I did turn my orange tablet into 3 cubes at the cache, though that just tightened my inventory problems. I allowed myself a single blood oil, as I passed through, before finally reaching a thermal vent- and Table coral!

Some placement issues resulted in not having any gold, after building a fab and 2 power relays to reach what by rights shouldnt take any at all. Enough to start getting some crunchy hydration. Also, the prawn charged faster than the thermal generator could provide power, so I had to undock it to use the fabricator. I found a ledge I coulld build an outdoor growbed, and planted my blood oil and creepvine. I was able to get it down to one relay by moving the thermal generator, which let me build a chip- which let me build a vehical upgrade console. A few rounds gave me quartz and some titanium, which let me use the transmutation doll a few times, to make a drill arm. I also had found enough loose nickle (which took priority over gold on the way over) to craft a depth upgrade for the prawn, and the trip had taken me far enough to collect a few more blood oil and deep shrooms- it took another trip to find the last diamond I needed for the reinforced dive suit. Goodby, radiation suit, hello, littering charges. Unfortunately, I needed a few salt for polyanaline, and I didnt even have the water purifier as an option. A Deep shroom was just going to have to sit in the inventory.

There was enough lithium to get more cargo upgrades. I gave the prawn a total of three- If I needed a jump upgrade, I could hot-swap it, but so far I'd managed without.

The creepvine had bloomed, and I could finally harvest some fiber to replace the one I used on the dive suit. A found gold gave me another chip, so I could build the medkit fab AND the bed. battery charger to top off the hab builder, and, time to hit the sack.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

The way you're building the Bulb Zone entrance to the Lost river is probably a better option since it has a few thermal vents that you can use for power. Plus it's a more gentle slope so getting the prawn in and out is easier even without a grapple arm.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

I like the cove tree as a permanent base location. There's a ton of vents there, and good access to most resources. Bonus points for just not having any hostile creatures around.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd ballpark my current base as about 900 west by 50-ish north- Only a few hundred meters from the blood kelp forest, at the near side of the first thermal vent available from the Grand Reef blood kelp lost river entrance. (there's probably a closer thermal to the grand reef entrance, but that ghost leviathan might have things to say if I built there.)

That said, I think my next move is to make a run past that ghosty, mine that nickle deposit, and craft the neptune booster stage, then head to the sea treader path for cyclops parts. ferrying parts back to the launch pad (which was set by the initial MVB after going through the gate) is what's keeping me locally southwest, and not exploring "better" options that take longer to get to and back from.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

What are you going to do once you need to do the world tour for enzyme bits? Just leave the base constructed while you take care of it?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

What are you going to do once you need to do the world tour for enzyme bits? Just leave the base constructed while you take care of it?
    Depends on if I actually world tour, or just take the gate network. If I'm touring, I want to take the camper shell/moonpool to charge the prawn, if nothing else. If I take the gate network, though, each sample is right outside the gate, so all I need is a base by the enforcement platform to fabricate the enzime.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I've never tried building a base inside the Sea Emperor facility. I wonder if it's allowed.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, I've never tried building a base inside the Sea Emperor facility. I wonder if it's allowed.
    It is, inside the aquarium, but you dont get solar or thermal power, so you need a multipurpose room. Bioreactor is best, given the peeper availability.

I once built a thermal reactor at the door of the Alien thermal plant, in the air zone, but I had to put the tube outside.
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2020-09-28 at 03:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I think the rules on placing exterior modules are slightly different. I like to put mine on foundations, just so I don't need to mess around with relays.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

11 hours 55 minutes. Status: a productive loop

So I noticed in videos that cuddlefish will follow you around in the prawn suit. I crafted all my quarts to glass before packing up the lost river base. After making my way past the leviathan (staying mostly under the brine) I made a pit stop back at the alien cache to pick up the cuddlefish egg, mined just enough nickle from the deposit for the neptune booster, and made my way to the grand reef, keeping an eye out for more quartz. I had to drop a few crystaline sulfer to fit it all in, but I made it back to the launch platform. Set up the moonpool, the solar panel, docked the prawn, start building a coffee machine... and the sun goes down. Turns out that no, you cant make coffee in an unpowered hab. sigh.

While night was going on, I created the neptune booster and a multipurpose room, and scrounged around for enough quartz to finish an alien containment unit- the cuddlefish takes awhile to hatch, so I wanted it started before I went looking for cyclops parts. Once the sun came up, coffee spam, quartz to glass and the alien containment unit, a hatch, and a cuttlefish egg. Then to the west, young man.

There was a wreck not too far into sea treaders that had everything I needed, and I made sure to scan some extra titanium- I'd mined some lithium, but still needed to turn it into plasteel for the cyclops. I would also need to make another lubric- oh.

Yea, turns out, I never packed up the outdoor growbed back in the lost river, which had my creepvine seed bloodoil, and gel sacks in it. I could use the lube from the moonpool I was in, but I was going to have to go back to my old base site, harvest a seed, make a tube, craft the lube, unmake the tube and rebuild the moonpool, before I could charge the prawn again. I also got the blueprint for the grapple arm, but I couldnt ake that without blood oil either.

Having enough ingots was still a tight squeeze. release the cuddlefish, unmake the alien containment (5 glass), use it to make 5 transmutation dolls, and turn it into plasteel. Unmake the multipurpose room and the coffeemakers, turn it into a plasteel. Double check the prawn inventory- 3 enamled glass, 3 plasteel the moonpool lube, and that damned advanced wiring kit, and 3 lead. Craft and go.

This time, I went to find that blood oil forest I accidently fell into before. Turns out, Officer Keene's lifepod has a tunnel that turns into a bloodkelp area, that eventually dumps into the blood kelp lost river entrance. Nice to know.

Back at base, momentary panic as I made sure I had the aerogel for a thermal plant (it was the prawn that required aerogel, not the cyclops), but I was able to rebuild my moonpool. (though the little guy kept swimming in the way of my hab builder, slowing me down) Got my benzine for the grapple arm, but I need an advanced wiring kit now- and I'm short on gold. Something for next time.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Funny enough, gold is one of the easier resources to find, because you can get it from big deposits, sandstone, and shale. Probably the only thing easier is titanium, which also comes from fragments and scrap, to make up for its only being in limestone.

Also, from the grand reef there's a kelp forest that's not far. You probably could have saved yourself some moonpool-related headache and just detoured briefly to grab the creepvine. I also find it funny that you're relying on the coffee machine so heavily for water, given that I basically never use it because it's so inefficient. The number of coffees you need to make up any reasonable amount of water is so huge.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Funny enough, gold is one of the easier resources to find, because you can get it from big deposits, sandstone, and shale. Probably the only thing easier is titanium, which also comes from fragments and scrap, to make up for its only being in limestone.

Also, from the grand reef there's a kelp forest that's not far. You probably could have saved yourself some moonpool-related headache and just detoured briefly to grab the creepvine. I also find it funny that you're relying on the coffee machine so heavily for water, given that I basically never use it because it's so inefficient. The number of coffees you need to make up any reasonable amount of water is so huge.
    That kelp forest was the one I stocked up on enamled glass at- just far enough away that it feels like going out of my way, when I could (and did) just go back to my old site. I was heading in that general direction anyway.As for the coffee machines, 4 titanium (2 machines, both activated twice) gives 16 water about every15-20 seconds. If I'm thirsty, I build them before any thing else, then start building the rest of it, and come back every time it resets to start another 16 water. That's about 6 cycles, 2 minutes for 90-ish water. most indoor plants would have finished glowing in twice that time.

---------------------------------------
    14 hours, 0 minutes
    Status: heart still slowing after a near brush with inevitable death.

So, gold. A scanner room didnt show any gold deposits or sandstone nearby, but shale got me 2 gold and a few diamond. Crafted the advanced wiring kit, crafted the drill arm, go to put it on and realize I already had a drill arm, mine more titanium, build the grapple arm. Pick up a creepvine seed, leave the planter in place as I pack up the base.

My next base was by the fossil skull, between the research facility and the tree. The local wildlife was giving the cuddlefish a hard time, so I killed one, under the moonpool, so it floated up to the "surface" and no further. Crafted the prawnsuit jump upgrade, but put it in storage. If I got stuck, I could always swap out. *ominus music*

I also tried the modification station, since I hadnt used it in awhile. Made the really big air tank. went to turn my fins into ultraglide fins, turned my creepfine seed into sillicone, and realized I already had ultraglide fins. Oh well, it's 2 inventory slots instead of 4, and the only thing I could build right now that uses lube is a seaglide. After unmaking the base, I brought the prawn into the disease research facility, but I didnt have a purple tablet (or diamonds, after the drill arm snafu), so ther was a data station I wasnt able to collect.

Since I used to take the spiral path behind the tree down to the inactive lava zone, this time I chose to continue past the research facility. grabbed a few diamonds, Saw a ghost leviathan, dropped down to the lower zone (and it was a big drop) before it saw me.

Made another base before heading toward the lava castle. Turns out, that deep a moonpool needs reinforcement even without any attachments. Made sure I had everything topped off and ready to go before I raided the sea dragon's lair. (I did have a few very large fins pass through the moonpool while I was working, but no damage.)

Entering the lava castle was relatively straightfoward, and I started collecting loose kyanite- I needed 2 for the second blue tablet, and 4 for the Neptune, but I only collected 5. Dropped the sillicone to fit that much in. Inside the facility, I didnt have a tablet, but I did have a cube for the gate.

Back at the enforcement platform, I picked up the tablet in the lower facility, but had to go up to the beach to craft a second tablet. (and also for water. Bulbo trees instead of coffee this time, since I didnt have to wait for them to grow)

Back at the thermal plant, I remembered to pick up the sillicone on the way out, and built a simple tube base to craft a second blue tablet. (one for the front door, one for the aquarium door) Got a prompt to play with the cuddle fish, and clipped it inside the tube with me, which was hilarius. Packed up, got the directions from the tablet, and snuck behind the sea dragon in a 2 ton robot suit. Mined another kyanite so I had all I needed,and dropped to the active lava zone.

"Maximum depth reached." *creeek* *THUD* f*ck I forgot to upgrade the depth module. Can I get back up?... hah. fat chance. And the prawn has all my stuff... Ok, it doesnt seem to be crushing me as fast as the seamoth is crushed... I swum up to the wall and turned 2 lead and 2 titanium into a foundation, a little over a third of the way up the wall. Jumped up, still taking damage. Still, it's slow enough, and my repair tool has full charge... yes, it heals faster than the depth crushes it. Ok, I have time. Prawnsuit has another 2 lead from cracking sandstone looking for gold- fortunately I didnt toss it all. Another platform, two more jumps, and the prawn is safe. Whew. I recovered the foundation platforms.

Ok, modification station. Crafted a moonpool... and I dont have any lithium for a reinforcement. The place is flooding, slowly. Ok, I can handle that. Also, no diamond for the modification station. That's a problem. Scanner room? Scanner room! structural integrity's already gone, but it works while flooded. Lithium first, there's plenty around this hole, patch up the moonpool. Diamond, also easy enough. Depth module. Prawn does not crush inside the moonpool while I'm upgrading the depth module.

Ok, I think that's enough excitement for one day.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I think there's some shenanigans the game does in regards to docked vehicles. They become immune to stuff.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Somewhat amusingly, the cuddlefish followed me to the enforcement platform, even though I use a gate.

It's been useful to distract mid-to-large sized predators, and I havnt really had a problem with leviathans since I got it.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

16 hours, 30 minutes. Status: All systems go for launch.

So after my little panic session, I needed to reevaluate my equipment. Most notably, I had two ion cubes sitting in my inventory, ion cell technoligy, and access to silver, gold, and two sillicone. I also used three of the 4 kyanite I'd budgeted for the neptune escape rocket. The gold was actually the hardest- it was just lying around, but in 1-off chunks, not a deposit like the gold or kyanite. Made a pair of batteries, put them in the hab builder and repair tool, the systems I use the most of. ditched the old batteries, and some of the plant life I was carrying around. Not much fish around here, so after topping off on coffee-filtered water, I actually built a vending machine to turn water into food. topped off, then topped off my water again.

In the active lava zone, the sea dragon took issue with the way I jumped from rocky outcropping to rocky outcropping. He put some tooth marks on the prawn, I gave him some dental work. Found a ledge and repaired the damage before he could come back and finish the job. Made it to the primary containment facility, turned around, and made a thermal generator and a tube base, right across the entrance waterbarrier. Cuddlefish nowhere to be found. Rest in peace. Blue tablet to get in, mine a few ion cubes, open the aquarium. I deliberately left the prawn up in the main hall- it's awkward getting that thing out of the aquarium. Incubator cubed, gate cubed, abd back up for air. Sea crown sample, right where it's supposed to be. Bulb zone, top off on water from bulbsamples before taking one back with me. Mushroom forest, uneventful. Crag zone, I actually fell off the path, had a bit of an adventure finding the way to get the prawn out. And lost river, a ghost attacked when I got out of the prawn to take the sample- fortunately he went after the prawn and not me.

Back to my tube base at the bottom of the stairs with the very loud lighting. Hatchng enzimes. Ion power cells for the prawn. Took a swim to hatch the eggs,get cured, and head to the Gun, but I need another purple tablet to actually get to the control room. (I used the one in this area back on the thermal plant). Back up the aquarium, to the tube, craft a tablet, back down, turn off the gun. Back up, unbuild the tube, and head to the crag zone again, closest to the launch platform.

On the way, I realized I was missing an important component- deep shrooms for the polyanaline. Ditched it with the rest of the bio matter back before i reentered the active lava zone. Hopefully the bloodkelp tunnel by Keene's lifepod has some. Built the fuel reserve, putting the regular power cells back into the prawn, then headed down to the life pod and the bloodkelp. Not at first, but I found some down a ledge- recovered three, climbed back up. (much easier with a grapple arm and improved jump jets.) I burnt through my titanium reserve making the fuel reserve plasteel so I ended up just putting the fabricator in the cyclops itself- made the polyanaline, made the shield generator, and constructed the crew compartment of the rocket.

Then, I stripped the vehicals. Pulled the prawn storage, all the upgrades, and both power cells, and put them in lockers on the Neptune. unbuilt the fabricator on the cyclops, stripped the remaining 5 power cells (after using one on the generator) and both fire extinguishers, and the mobile vehical bay too. Put them in lockers too. I even swam back to the life pod, getting my old seaglide and the stuff I left there. I did NOT go back to lost river to get the radiation suit and grow bed, or the active lava zone entrance to get those batteries. Everything else is more or less natural.

The text I wrote for going through the gate was too long for the time capsule, but I managed to trim it down without losing too much. I swapped the battery in the seaglide with an ion battery, so that it isnt a complete waste when it gets picked up. I ran out of lockers, but the remainder fits in my personal inventory. Leave only footprints, after all.

Who knows, it might offset Alterra's bill.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Congrats on making it Rakaydos! :D

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Congrats on making it Rakaydos! :D
    was a bit rough in places, even knowing the game and with wiki and map access. Forgetting to upgrade the depth module could have been a run ending mistake.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. I think you made it a lot harder on yourself, doing the mobile base thing instead of constructing something permanent, but it was an interesting added challenge. I've never bothered actually finishing hardcore, but I do tend to make it all the way without dying. Benefits of an overabundance of caution. Takes me a lot longer, though, I've never made it to the rocket in under 20 hours.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the mobile base thing shortened the playthrough significantly, though the gate-restriction didnt do me any favors. Even when I was messing around with inventory management and resource collection, it was always in pursuit of an immediate goal, and almost never a random backtrack for something I left behind. (notable exception for that creepvine seed in lost river, and the final escape pod run to pack everything to go)

Could it have been smoother? definately. Getting the neptune plans on the first visit to the aurora was an impulse "at least I will never have to come back here", that ended up radically changing (and improving) the pathing once I was through the gate. My inventory problems would have been simpler if I had gate chained from the thermal plant, and hand carried the fuel reserve back to the launch site, then chained back to the prawn in the lava castle, rather than trying to get the last three steps at once. (fuel/shield/capsule)

Better route planning (either through the gate, or just a "regular" lost river route) could have minimized wasted inventory space- I carried ruby out on the rocket that I basically carried through all lost river, wasting inventory space. A checklist of all the materials I would need and in what order, would have made it easier to "speed run" this category. (I actually did have a check list for the initial loadout, pre-gate. It worked well.)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

The only speed improvement I can imagine is fast tracking the Clops because it can take the function of much of the mobile bases. Mobile Fab, Bed, Lantern Fruit/Melon Planters. And has space enough for lockers to carry the stuff you need.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Cyclops is really good as a mobile base, and can even charge itself after a point. You can get it down to the Lost River with only one depth upgrade, too, so it doesn't necessiraily require a ton of extra resource hunting to make it useful.

It is also the obvious option, though, so possibly less interesting as a challenge.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    The only speed improvement I can imagine is fast tracking the Clops because it can take the function of much of the mobile bases. Mobile Fab, Bed, Lantern Fruit/Melon Planters. And has space enough for lockers to carry the stuff you need.
    That's just a lack of imagination. there's a sub 2 hour glitchless run that runs seaglide only, and only build the cyclops at the end because they need the shield generator. Speed is all about planning your resource/blueprint hunting in advance, and knowing when you can stop because you have enough.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

If you allow the super seaglide glitch, the run is 35 minutes. The extra time there is probably just needing to stop and get yourself air or a spawn point. It used to also involve a lot of resetting until an optimal spawn point showed up, I'm not sure if it still does that or if they just have a file seed with a good spawn these days. But speedrunners are crazy.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Ultimately, this was a weird hybrid "lockerless" and "No return to safe shallows" run, and it didnt even really start until 4 1/2 hours in when I waited for the sunbeam before gate traveling.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Trying a different loadout. (If I found an extra gelsack, the other ruby would be aerogel too)

Last edited by Rakaydos; 2020-10-03 at 12:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

So I've been going back to Subnautica a few times, and now I've broken down and bought Below Zero. Since they added the plot in the recent update, there's hope there might be an actual game behind the survival gameplay.

I'll might set up with an "orbital scan" before I start playing, and I've got a few spoilers from previous updates (and the new trailer), but other than that, I'm going in relatively blind. Wish me luck.