New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Fractured Horizons - Magitech Setting [WIP]

Ok, this setting started out as an attempt to make a Shonen style anime setting. I started with a few decisions about the world, but as I started thinking about the ramifications of the decisions the world started to be very different from it's starting concept. Resulting in something which while using magic, has many of the tropes of science fiction.

My creation process is mainly just make it up as it goes along and give explanations for problems which arise to expand the world. So comments would be highly appreciated, especially if I end up making something conflict, nonsensical, or you think I'm missing abit of information.

Spoiler
    Show

Introduction

System
    I primarily play 3.5e D&D and Pathfinder, so this setting uses the pathfinder system with tonnes of 3.5e stuff available. Any changes to these rules will be noted, but there will be a rather substantial amount of homebrew involved in this.

Atmosphere
    While the term atomsphere might not be fitting considering the space travel, this setting is meant to possess a certain feel. The world is grim; with scientists exploiting the laws of existance, soldiers donned in flesh, mortal gods who use their worshippers as tools at best, and it possesses a geography that causes only chaos and destruction.

Fractured Horizons is a very alien existance, being formed from fragments of the previous existance smashed together into an incomplete gestalt reality that, while similiar, creates as sense of uncanny valley in the back of every sentient mind. They know that something is wrong, but only the Aboleth and Bloodlines remember.

This is literally a universe that is tearing itself appart; they aren't approaching the apocalpyse, for the apocalpyse was the birth for this world.

Characters
    A large part of my creation process is making homebrew races, classes, etc. then getting them to work together. Thus the characters have "should" (I may screw it up) have access to a wide range of options to create a diverse but realistic character.

You could be an arcane pawn to a Bloodline, a pirate who raids the void, a robotic warrior created from the flesh of precursors, abominations who distorts time, the warped child of person tainted by radiomantic energy, a manipulator of elemental power, a gunslinger who uses four blasters, a doctor who steals limbs from the fallen, or a warrior donned in living armour.

Players and important Non-Player Characters are innately more powerful and skilled than standard people, this is why they are often adventures. These individuals benefit from being Gestalt characters.

A standard individual will probably only attain 7 class levels. Though a person skilled in their work can enter the 8-15 range. Amazingly skilled individuals may even attain higher levels, and their actions are generally grand enough to affect nations and come legends.

Notes
    This is mainly being made up as I go along; so it's likely full of errors, contradictions, and incorrect wordings. If you have a question please ask, even if it doesn't refer to something I've posted because then I can add something new to flesh out the world even more.

Credits
    Milo v3 - Setting Creator
    Kellus - Creator of Gramarie and Xenoalchemy

HEY LISTEN!
    This setting is about to be Reworked and Changed a fair amount. So anything on the page right now might not be correct.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-06 at 04:49 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Fractured Horizons - Magitech Setting [WIP]

Contents
    Introduction

World of Fractured Horizons
    Eras
    Universal Geography

Creatures of Fractured Horizons
    Dragons
    People (AKA Races)
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-08-07 at 06:38 PM.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

Eras
    This section details a general description of what occured during the eras up to the present. I will likely add in a specific timeline for events later on.

The First Era
    The first era is a forgotten time. It is technically probably several era's of history, but it is classed as only one, as it is everything that came before the universe. Only fragments of this era exist; such as the dragons, relics, mementos, and aboleth.

The reason why nearly everything has been lost from the first era is because of the most major event in history, The Calamity. At the end of the first era, all of existance was annihilated. Time ceased, space distorted forcing everything to exist everywhere, and there was no difference between nothing and everything.

After what could have been centuries or mere seconds, reality started to reassert itself. Bits of elemental energy sprung from the void and started to merge and clash. Over and ever again, the energy mingled and shared it's traits with every collision. Slowly the energy became more complex, and as it did "things" came into existance. These bits of energy eventually resulted in forming the planes, which are still clashing and trading perioidic information.

Second Era
    Coming Soon

Third Era
    Coming Soon
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

This sounds like a setting for Gramarie! You know, that amazing homebrew from this vry forum http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291019
    do you plan on using this?
    Last edited by DMwithoutPC's; 2013-07-23 at 11:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by DMwithoutPC's View Post
    This sounds like a setting for Gramarie! You know, that amazing homebrew from this vry forum http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291019
    do you plan on using this?
    Yes, gramarie is actually the reason this setting went off the rails of shonen and into sci-fi.

You can actually see little bits of gramarie in (tiny amounts) of text I've put up, such as the mention of radiomantic energy.

I'm also currently working on several homebrew classes for gramarie because of this setting, the anabolist is already up on the gramarie thread with biojack coming by the end of the day.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-07-23 at 04:37 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Universal Geography
    The world of Fractured Horizons is based around thousands upon thousands of planes, drift through the void clashing into each other over and over again. These planes group together to form arms which spiral from the centre point of the universe, a colossal star known as Fornos. Basically the universe looks like a spiral galaxy; with the center being Fornos, each arm being made of trillions upon trillion planes.

It is unknown why the planes group together to form the arms, but they seem to have an innate instinct to move towards and then crash into other planes. After millions of years, the planes have reached the stage of attraction to each other that 99% of the planes will remain in contact with at least one other plane when drifting, meaning it could curve around the edge of one plane slam into another then as that plane drifts it moves amazingly far away from the original pair.

When these planes hit into each other several things happen, they physically merge at the point where they hit into each other (meaning you could go from one plane to another in a single step), the weather in the two planes becomes influenced by the other (see weather), and slowly traits of one plane bleed onto the other.

Because the planes bleed into each other a near infinite amount of times with other planes which have bleed with other planes a near infinite amount of times. The planes slowly change, evolve, and become more complex.

If you leave the "bubble" of a plane without entering another plane, you will pass into the void. The void has no elemental traits, and functions similiar to space in the real world.

Outside the Planar arms of the universe, several colossal orbs orbit Fernos. These orbs are the planets, with each an example of pure elemental energy for one of the many elements. In addition, it appears that each planet is aligned to a certain material (known collectively as planetary metals).

Fortunately these changes take thousands of years to have a large impact.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-06 at 03:05 AM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

You might want to expand your starting posts, I'll delete this if you decide to.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    You might want to expand your starting posts, I'll delete this if you decide to.
    I plan on just adding stuff whenever and adding them to the contents page rather than reserving spaces as it allows for comments better when it's a work in progress, though I will be adding more details to the post's I've already made. So, no reason to delete your post.

Also details on the Dragons will be up really really really soon. Probably.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Dragons Upon Fractured Horizons
    Dragons are the one of the few things which survived the Calamity, thus retaining knowledge from the First Era. They are ridiculously powerful beings who have taken advantage of their memories to place themselves as one of the three God Races. Because dragons were able to retain their knowledge from eons ago they didn’t start the second era with a blanks slate, instead immediately possessing colossal amounts of superior knowledge. They are so advanced that their forms of science are referred to as magic, simply because “modern” technology has basically no understanding of it.

Physiology
    The bodies of the dragons themselves are an example of their superior technology; with flesh of biostructure, pure puissance fills their blood forming a perfect circuit, their scaly hides draw in ebb which can be released from depths of their arcanodyamic stomach, their bones and claws are near indestructible, they move in strange manners such as flying despite their weight, and their very presence warps the minds and lands around them. Dragons also feed upon planetary metals to sustain their powers; but do not age, hunger, or thirst otherwise.

Mentality
    The mentality of a Dragon is a mix of apathy and hedonism. Being purely eternal and above the issues of mortals, they see no reason to be bothered by their needs or lives. Instead the dragons are completely introverted, and spend eternity playing a game amongst each other. This game is known simply as “The Grand Challenge”, and they see no reason to explain the rules to their pawns.

This challenge is their only focus, to the extent that the culture of their Entire Species revolves around it. The rules separate the dragons into different factions, known as Bloodlines, and each bloodline is commanded by the most powerful, known as the Blood Dragon. These Blood Dragons are worshipped as gods by the mortal pawns of the bloodline.

Female Dragons are nearly always more intelligent than the males, but this isn’t because they have a natural advantage, instead it is forced upon them. If female loses a game, they risk entering an different Bloodline and will likely become a mate for that bloodline. As this would increase the enemy forces, females are raised to be more intelligence and cautious so that they don’t lose. If a bloodline decides that a female isn’t intelligent enough they will kill her before she has the chance to lose a game.

Bloodlines
    Each bloodline is it’s own artificial race of dragon; with different physical features and abilities (though dragons still possess several common traits). I say artificial race because these species are temporary, and a dragon can be changed from one Bloodline to another with the matter of relatively “simple” applications of science [Draconic Principles will be posted sometime in the future].

Whenever a Dragon loses a game of The Grand Challenge, there fate is submitted to the will of the victor. This winning dragon is given two choices, to assimilate the dragon into the Bloodline or into themselves. Selecting the Bloodline; the defeated is forcefully transformed into a member of the victors species. Selecting themselves, the defeated is immobilized and the victor feasts upon the victums still beating heart. The pure surge of ebbs that came from this bestow a single Hit Die to the victor (which increases their Draconian Rank if it passes into the next category of HD). Regardless of the manner selected, all the pawns have their ownership passed to the winners Bloodline.

List of Bloodlines
    {table=head]Bloodline|Diet|Spawn
    Agrit|Amber|Psuedodragon
    Aurus|Silver|Dracotaur
    Caprin|Copper|Sea Drake
    Censar|Mercury|Dragonturtle
    Ebra|Crystal|Dunedrifter
    Emi|Stone|Draketooth
    Eon|Gold|Dragonne
    Eres|Iron|Kobold
    Migo|Platinum|Drakeling
    Pherces|Bone|Lungwyrm
    Quari|Tin|Drake
    Repio|Lead|Wyvern
    [/table]

Pawns
    Dragons generally don’t participate directly in the games of The Grand Challenge instead manipulating and leading servants, known as Pawns. These pawns come in two types; Sorcerers and Spawn.

Sorcerers
    A sorcerer is a mortal who has feed on the blood of a dragon to gain power. This blood must be drunk directly from the body of a dragon, and once they have done it once they gain Dragon Sired as a bonus feat (See below). Drinking the blood isn’t painless for a donating dragon, and is “generally” very unpleasant (though a small number does enjoy it).

To maintain their sorcerer abilities, they need to repeatedly feed on dragons from their Aligned Bloodline. If they feed on a dragon that didn't Sire them, they need to drink twice the normal amount. They can also choose to feed on Spawn of the correct Bloodline, but they need to drink ten times the normal amount. When sorcerers are transferred to another clan, they must have their Aligned Bloodline changed through applications of DRAC 138.

Spawn
    Each Bloodline has complete control over a single species of lesser dragons. These spawn exist only to serve as Pawns. When spawn are transferred to another clan, they are transformed into the associated spawn through applications of DRAC 101.

New Feat
    Dragon Sired [Sorcerer]
    Benefit: An individual with this feat may take levels in Sorcerer.
    Normal: You can’t take levels in Sorcerer.

Draconian Ranks
    Many of a dragon's abilities, attacks, and other statistics improve as a dragon succeeds in The Grand Game. These increases are divided into 10 Draconian Ranks—as a dragon gains HD, its base statistics change as noted on the Draconian Ranks table.

{table=head]Draconian Rank|CR|Size|Hit Dice|Natural Armour|Breath Weapon
    1 Infant|Base|Base|Base|Base|Base

2 Strider|Base+?|Base+1|Base+2|Base+3|Base x2

3 Hunter|Base+?|Base+2|Base+4|Base+6|Base x3

4 Envoy|Base+?|Base+2|Base+6|Base+9|Base x4

5 Captain|Base+?|Base+3|Base+8|Base+12|Base x5

6 Master|Base+?|Base+3|Base+10|Base+15|Base x6

7 Noble|Base+?|Base+3|Base+12|Base+18|Base x7

8 Royal|Base+?|Base+4|Base+14|Base+21|Base x8

9 Imperial|Base+?|Base+4|Base+16|Base+24|Base x9

10 Eternal|Base+?|Base+5|Base+18|Base+27|Base x10[/table]

Draconian Rank: This is the draconian rank's name.

CR: This column modifies the dragon's base CR.

Size: This shows how many size categories by which to increase the dragon's base size, depending on its rank (from Small to Medium, Medium to Large, and so on). A dragon does not gain the standard increases to ability scores when it achieves a larger size—instead, true dragons gain ability score increases according to their age category, as indicated on the Dragon Ability Scores table.

Hit Dice: This shows how many Hit Dice are required to enter the draconian rank. Increases to Hit Dice grant extra hit points, feats, and skill ranks as well as increase the dragon's base attack bonus and base save bonuses. Dragons have skill ranks equal to 8 + their Intelligence modifier per Hit Die. A dragon's increases to ability scores for gaining Hit Dice are included in the total ability score increases (see the Dragon Ability Scores table).

Natural Armor: This shows by what amount the dragon's base natural armor bonus increases with each draconian rank.

Breath Weapon: Each dragon has a breath weapon (see Combat) that deals a base amount of damage. This multiplier increases the number of dice of damage dealt by the dragon's breath weapon. For example, a noble dragon with a base breath weapon that deals 4d6 acid damage would deal 28d6 acid damage (due to the ×7 multiplier).

Dragon Ability Scores
    {table=head]Draconian Rank|Str|Dex|Con|Int|Wis|Chr
    1 Infant|Base|Base|Base|Base|Base|Base

2 Strider|Base+4|Base-2|Base+2|Base+2|Base|Base

3 Hunter|Base+8|Base-2|Base+4|Base+2|Base+2|Base+2

4 Envoy|Base+10|Base-2|Base+6|Base+4|Base+4|Base+4

5 Captain|Base+12|Base-4|Base+6|Base+4|Base+4|Base+4

6 Master|Base+14|Base-4|Base+8|Base+6|Base+6|Base+6

7 Noble|Base+16|Base-4|Base+8|Base+6|Base+6|Base+6

8 Royal|Base+18|Base-6|Base+10|Base+8|Base+8|Base+8

9 Imperial|Base +20|Base-6|Base+10|Base+8|Base+8|Base+8

10 Eternal|Base+22|Base-6|Base+12|Base+10|Base+10|Base+10[/table]
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-07-28 at 07:01 AM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I can see how this will go

players appear, players try to find a tank, players find suitable tank, players go and kill the dragons to show that they are not mere mortals. this will always break the world.
    I like Dwarfs and am Currently looking for out of context quotes about myself.

Escaped Die of the D20

and before anyone asks, I am a sociopath.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Alexkubel View Post
    I can see how this will go

players appear, players try to find a tank, players find suitable tank, players go and kill the dragons to show that they are not mere mortals. this will always break the world.
    Competent Dragons use raise dead on the fallen dragon, send in some biojack Pawns in mechs to remove the interferance, return to game
    Most dragons are more powerful than the players, especially if they are only using mere tanks. Also, keep in mind these dragons will be more powerful than standard ones (I find the standard dragons rather boring).

Mine will have a blank slate dragon statistic, then you apply the Bloodline (And your Draconian Rank), then you apply an additional effect determined by their scale colour. These dragons also have the benefit of having superior tech to the mortals, are able to pass through the void, and are able to literally grow armies in a few days.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-07-25 at 03:24 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

send in mechs you say?

Panzer VI ausf. E destroying 1000 mechs in a single battle, this is the kind of arena that would take the higher skilled chars, nota new set.

raise dead, more then once have they used shells that block that spell from being used on those that they kill. they have a counter for everything.

I know aot about tanks, enough that if those where mere standard dragons, they couldn't even scratch a tank, you say you have advanced tech, I say I have a reliable tank with a better gun then any mech, just as manuverable, if not more, capable, drive system, brilliant armour and ace tanker crew. the dragons can try, but it is probably going to be a blood bath. as they keep changing dice when I'm not looking, I swear.

Escaped Die of the D20

13. - Top - End - #13

send in mechs you say?

Panzer VI ausf. E destroying 1000 mechs in a single battle, this is the kind of arena that would take the higher skilled chars, nota new set.

raise dead, more then once have they used shells that block that spell from being used on those that they kill. they have a counter for everything.

I know aot about tanks, enough that if those where mere standard dragons, they couldn't even scratch a tank, you say you have advanced tech, I say I have a reliable tank with a better gun then any mech, just as manuverable, if not more, capable, drive system, brilliant armour and ace tanker crew. the dragons can try, but it is probably going to be a blood bath. as they keep changing dice when I'm not looking, I swear.
    Biojacks in mechs dodges the shells, uses superior speed to out maneouver the tank, shoots breath weapons & lasers & cannons at the tank. Or a single competent dragon could come and causally walk up to the tank as the shells have their momentum reduced to zero when they near the dragon. Dragon uses stored kinetic energy to launch the tank flying into the air then proceeds to use radiomantic breath weapon on the now airborn tank. If it survives, simply open up the tank and let it's "reaper-based" aura drive the mortals insane or die of radiation poisoning.

Or a single Pawn could simply attach a gravity flux to the tank and make it "fall" up into the void.

Tanks would be way too underpowered in this setting.

EDIT: Gramarie is sooo awesome when used against modern technology.

EDIT2: Spell, who cares about the spell. This is using the principle DRAC 365:Return Fallen. Recreates the dragons body by using some Spawn as "materials". Then just re-instal the mind from when it was last "backed up" (A possibility added with the introduction my upcoming Netrunner class).
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-07-25 at 04:00 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

send in mechs you say?

If the Dragons are as powerful in Gramarie as Milo states, then it would be logical to assume that they can use YGGD to remove the creature from existence. YGGD 241 into a Semi-Space and the Dragon closes the Semi-space immediately, thus sealing the would-be-attacker in a 64 cubic feet area, with no food, no water, and 64 cubic feet worth of oxygen (ensuring a slow and painful death).

... Or you can animate the tank as a Biostructure (if it isn't already) and have it experience life for 3 rounds. If you really want to break this campaign, start pumping out Frank Horrigan's (old blueprint I made), Yes Men and the E.I. Court (but that isn't so much a problem with this setting, it is a problem with Gramarie as a whole).
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Biojacks in mechs dodges the shells, uses superior speed to out maneouver the tank, shoots breath weapons & lasers & cannons at the tank. Or a single competent dragon could come and causally walk up to the tank as the shells have their momentum reduced to zero when they near the dragon. Dragon uses stored kinetic energy to launch the tank flying into the air then proceeds to use radiomantic breath weapon on the now airborn tank. If it survives, simply open up the tank and let it's "reaper-based" aura drive the mortals insane or die of radiation poisoning.

Or a single Pawn could simply attach a gravity flux to the tank and make it "fall" up into the void.

Tanks would be way too underpowered in this setting.

EDIT: Gramarie is sooo awesome when used against modern technology.

EDIT2: Spell, who cares about the spell. This is using the principle DRAC 365:Return Fallen. Recreates the dragons body by using some Spawn as "materials". Then just re-instal the mind from when it was last "backed up" (A possibility added with the introduction my upcoming Netrunner class).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    If the Dragons are as powerful in Gramarie as Milo states, then it would be logical to assume that they can use YGGD to remove the creature from existence. YGGD 241 into a Semi-Space and the Dragon closes the Semi-space immediately, thus sealing the would-be-attacker in a 64 cubic feet area, with no food, no water, and 64 cubic feet worth of oxygen (ensuring a slow and painful death).

... Or you can animate the tank as a Biostructure (if it isn't already) and have it experience life for 3 rounds. If you really want to break this campaign, start pumping out Frank Horrigan's (old blueprint I made), Yes Men and the E.I. Court (but that isn't so much a problem with this setting, it is a problem with Gramarie as a whole).
    that was just a WW2 tank, and these gyuys know their business, their current tank a A224 blacklady IV (fiction vehicle please note, also uses grav' drive propulsion, allowing it to stay a fixed distance above the surface, if the dragon tries to send it flying, it will take the entire plane with it) would do a lot better, the dragon might be able to stop a shell, but can it stop itself disintegrating at subatomic level? you say dodge shell, I say mage who's single purpose is to predict which way they dodge, blow the cockpit out, and watch it be useless, you knock a tanker out?, there's still more. these guys will find a way to eat the dragons, they'll do it just to break the campaign, I don't make campaigns I just DM them, they make their own battlefronts.

but provided they don't break it, it would be fun watching that tank show itself to be a match for dragons. and actually take the place as a equal to the dragons.
    Last edited by Alexkubel; 2013-07-25 at 03:54 PM.

Escaped Die of the D20

16. - Top - End - #16

that was just a WW2 tank, and these gyuys know their business, their current tank a A224 blacklady IV (fiction vehicle please note, also uses grav' drive propulsion, allowing it to stay a fixed distance above the surface, if the dragon tries to send it flying, it will take the entire plane with it) would do a lot better, the dragon might be able to stop a shell, but can it stop itself disintegrating at subatomic level? you say dodge shell, I say mage who's single purpose is to predict which way they dodge, blow the cockpit out, and watch it be useless, you knock a tanker out?, there's still more. these guys will find a way to eat the dragons, they'll do it just to break the campaign, I don't make campaigns I just DM them, they make their own battlefronts.

but provided they don't break it, it would be fun watching that tank show itself to be a match for dragons. and actually take the place as a equal to the dragons.
    Fort save means the dragon would probably survive disintergrating rather easily. They can also counterspell disintergration if they want. And they have SR so theres a fair chance it wont even affect them anyway. Also you can't specifically target a cockpit, you have to target the mech because of how it engulfs the pilot.

Gravity Drives don't exist, you want a hover tank you'd need to probably use gravity fluxes, which would be overrided by the gravity flux of the dragon. Also, you knock a mech out, theres more (especially since it's easier to make mechs than tanks).

Also, how would any of this break the world?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

If Milo's dragon's abilities are based upon the abilities of the Jerallian Dragon, it would be like trying to compare a Gramarist to the principles he designs (another comparison would be a watchmaker to the watches he makes).

that was just a WW2 tank, and these gyuys know their business, their current tank a A224 blacklady IV (fiction vehicle please note, also uses grav' drive propulsion, allowing it to stay a fixed distance above the surface, if the dragon tries to send it flying, it will take the entire plane with it) would do a lot better, the dragon might be able to stop a shell, but can it stop itself disintegrating at subatomic level?
    If we go with the assumption that your tank's design is powered by Gramaric principles (using a Gravity Flux and Orthogonal Engine to sustain motion), however it also leaves the vessel towards unjust modifications, antimagic fields and all that good stuff.

I'm going to go with the second assumption that you are thinking of idiotproofing your blueprint for your A224 blacklady IV and using rabbit holes to make them unmanned (or droned) tanks, using ARCD transformers to grant the tanks immunity yes, and even having all of this be performed by a 20th level Gramarist. Then your tank has a chance to defeat a Jerallian Dragon (which at this point, SHOULD be packing the exact same thing, built into their body)... However at that point you shouldn't really be worrying yourself with Dragons. You should be conquering empires, ruling nations, creating kingdoms, etc. Fighting a pointless battle with a Dragon should be the least of your concerns.

you say dodge shell, I say mage who's single purpose is to predict which way they dodge, blow the cockpit out, and watch it be useless, you knock a tanker out?, there's still more. these guys will find a way to eat the dragons, they'll do it just to break the campaign, I don't make campaigns I just DM them, they make their own battlefronts.
    It seems that your problem is that you don't know how to increase the difficulty of your campaign setting. One of the problems with Gramarie, which was fixed quite recently, was that a lone gramarist could not accomplish much of anything. Now-a-days, at 14th level (lower if they use Advance Placement) a Gramarist can conquer entire planes in a couple of days and the rest of the multiverse thereafter.

I personally find that using campaign based circumstance make the use of such techniques very unlikely to encounter, and if they are encountered, I can't possibly imagine why other people wouldn't use them or have used them earlier. I'm not going to play beneath my I.Q. because it will hurt my Player's feelings
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-07-25 at 07:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

I just lost 6 straight hours of work writing up the statistics for Dragons....
    I guess I'll just start putting up the races instead....
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

The People of Fractured Horizons
    The universe is immense, and life is amazingly diverse throughout the planes. Despite this, truly sentient life is sparce (Relatively), with only a small number of species that are playable.

{table=head]Species|Races|Tech Level|Classification
    Cora|2|Magisterial|Modern
    Erina|3|Magisterial|Modern
    Ferix|5|Baccalaueate|Primative
    Nordae|1|Baccalueate|Ascended
    Reshar|3|Magisterial|Modern
    Uredosian|1|Baccalaureate|Ascended
    Xendrik|2|Magisterial|Modern[/table]

Species: The name of the Species.
    Races: The number of races for that species.
    Tech Level: The overall level of technology that species has access to.
    Classification: Each species is given a classification which shows their position in universal culture. The different classifications are:
    Basic: A wild non-sentient species.
    Primative: A primative sentient species, that hasn't been ascended.
    Ascended: A primative sentient species, that has been ascended.
    Modern: A non-primative sentient species.
    Advanced: A species with technology more advanced than modern science.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-03 at 06:50 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

well the A224 IV (Blacklady is not actually technically part of the name) still suffers from the same vulnerability as other A224 tanks in that it lacks the ability to stop things getting underneath it. this meant when a dog got underneath the tank and exploded by sheer chance alone, it caused the monition stores to detonate. killing the crew within seconds. and that was when they went back to 1944 to report their findings to their superiors. it was a Russian bomb dog, not even hard to kill.

Escaped Die of the D20

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

well the A224 IV (Blacklady is not actually technically part of the name) still suffers from the same vulnerability as other A224 tanks in that it lacks the ability to stop things getting underneath it. this meant when a dog got underneath the tank and exploded by sheer chance alone, it caused the monition stores to detonate. killing the crew within seconds. and that was when they went back to 1944 to report their findings to their superiors. it was a Russian bomb dog, not even hard to kill.
    I'm sorry, but I've been thinking this over for the past couple days and wondering "What does this have to do with Gramarie?" It's not a blueprint, it's list no principles, so what do I take from this?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

finally you realise, it's not, I hadn't even heard of 'Gramarie' before you brought it up, heck I don't even know how DnD works, I use a system that has been self made.

ultimately by system has one weakness, you can't make anything invincible, with the rule 'if there's a will there's a way' it defines that anything that cannot be harmed by you, will not try to harm you, but nothing can have a greater armour or health on any section greater then 1000000000 effectively making it impossible to be invincible. this mean that given an panzerfaust (Armour penetration of 10000000D100+10) can kill anything in one shot.

Escaped Die of the D20

23. - Top - End - #23

finally you realise, it's not, I hadn't even heard of 'Gramarie' before you brought it up, heck I don't even know how DnD works, I use a system that has been self made.

ultimately by system has one weakness, you can't make anything invincible, with the rule 'if there's a will there's a way' it defines that anything that cannot be harmed by you, will not try to harm you, but nothing can have a greater armour or health on any section greater then 1000000000 effectively making it impossible to be invincible. this mean that given an panzerfaust (Armour penetration of 10000000D100+10) can kill anything in one shot.
    The problem there is:
    System
    I primarily play 3.5e D&D and Pathfinder, so this setting uses the pathfinder system with tonnes of 3.5e stuff available.
    Show