New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

"Excalibur! Excalibur!
    From the United Kingdom!
    I'm looking for heaven!
    I'm going to California!
    Excalibur! Excalibur! "

Any questions? Oh. You want to know what makes up a specific weapon? Well too bad! I could tell you that it has an appropriate cost derived from the magical modifications, a base weapon, special abilities, enhancement bonuses, a caster level, a possible ego score, a legend, and some glowy particle effects suited to the poster, but that would be telling. Nope, no useful information here.

If you want to give permission and/or request a legendary weapon, please write a post linking itself.

Permissions/Requests:

Snowbluff
    Red Fel
    Stack
    Blackhawk748
    Zergling.exe
    LoyalPaladin
    Grod the Giant
    Keledrath
    sideswipe
    IZ42
    TheAltruisticOrc
    WhamBamSam
    Zaydos
    MasterKerfuffle
    Psybomb
    Reprimand
    eggynack
    Sayt
    Elricaltovilla
    Threadnaught, the High Rudisplorker
    Shadowscale
    Seerow
    Krimsonnekros
    Sgt. Cookie
    Judge Worm
    Deadline
    Illyahr
    Urpriest
    Oko and Qailee
    Renen

Specific Weapons:

Snowbluff's Empty Binder and The Snowbluff
    Red Fel's Red Fury and Red Fel, Blade of Persuasion
    Lightlawbliss's Bow of Unbreaking Loyalty
    Psybomb's Corrective Aid
    Energy Fist of Keledrath
    Blackhawk's Mr. Aochev
    Sayt's Terraformer
    Stack's The Stacked Deck
    Elric's Altovilla, the Blade of Elric and Keledrath's Martial Blade
    Seerow's Sword of Fighting
    Deadline's Trophy Amulet
    Sgt. Cookie's Jar of Cookies
    Illyahr's Ring of Warping
    Judge Worm's The Worm Judge
    42 Shards of Iz
    Zaydos' Staff of Creation
    Eggynack's Gatekeepr's Reach
    Jormengand's Scythe of Jormengand and Jormendgand's Cursedealer
    Sideswipe's Sideswiper
    Threadnaught's and Rudi's Spork

Properties:

Elric's Lethal Recovery (+3)

Zergling.exe's Zerging (+5, ranged)
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-05 at 11:21 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

Everyone will be +1 Keen Rapiers of Wit.

Calling it now.
    "The trick with Psionics isn't looking for what's good, it's looking for what makes everything else better."

Spoiler: The False Nose of Vecna.
    Show

Make a disguise check every time you encounter someone new.

If the d20 roll results in a 13 (without modifiers) that person automatically assumes you are Vecna in a very poor disguise, and cannot be convinced otherwise, short of a wish spell.

Minor Artifact.

In memory of Monty Oum, 1981-2015.
    The world is a little less bright, now that it lacks you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

Quote Originally Posted by Tohsaka Rin View Post

Calling it now.
    I honestly would prefer a less tongue-in-cheek approach, but judging from the last thread and what I know about this forum, hopes are low.

OH I give permission.

Snowbluff.

That's how you do it.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-02-20 at 01:03 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sadly, I lack the reputation to take the 'renowned playgrounder' PrC, stupid prerequisites...
    "The trick with Psionics isn't looking for what's good, it's looking for what makes everything else better."

Spoiler: The False Nose of Vecna.
    Show

Make a disguise check every time you encounter someone new.

If the d20 roll results in a 13 (without modifiers) that person automatically assumes you are Vecna in a very poor disguise, and cannot be convinced otherwise, short of a wish spell.

Minor Artifact.

In memory of Monty Oum, 1981-2015.
    The world is a little less bright, now that it lacks you.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Sadly, I lack the reputation to take the 'renowned playgrounder' PrC, stupid prerequisites...
    None of us really recovered after that third prerequisite. I think you should be happy to have your dignity.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Why not? I hear by give permission to create a weapon on based on me me.

Almarck
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-02-20 at 01:16 AM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Sure. Jormengand.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-02-20 at 01:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Calling it now.
    Probably true, if tragically oversimplified.

I'm holding out to see if anyone makes the full WoL stat block. That should be impressive to watch.

Also, Red Fel. It just rolls off the tongue. Try it! Red Fel.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-02-20 at 09:03 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Last couple threads were fun, so why not.

Permission granted. Stack

Working on ideas for the people I enspellified, should they appear....
    Last edited by stack; 2015-02-20 at 09:03 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I am so in!

Blackhawk748

Also i may give making Red Fel a WoL a shot, i have a few ideas.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-02-20 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

11. - Top - End - #11

Kobold

Does anyone recall the template rules for a Legacy weapon? What stuff you lose at X level, so to speak?
    I've got an idea for one, but I don't remember the sacrifice stages.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Does anyone recall the template rules for a Legacy weapon? What stuff you lose at X level, so to speak?
    I've got an idea for one, but I don't remember the sacrifice stages.
    They have various charts in the book you can use, personally i ditch them because they suck.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Kobold

Fine, I suppose I'll have to avoid them. I'll see if I can get something up tommorrow. Today is hectic.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

For the record, you don't have to use the actual breadth of the WoL rules. Only use them if you have a particular fluff or crunch reason for doing so, please.

15. - Top - End - #15

Permission to make one of me. Zergling.exe

Also, I've got an idea for you Snowbluff. Might have it done today.
    Last edited by zergling.exe; 2015-02-20 at 01:06 PM.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll give permission! Our group was just talking about this haha.

LoyalPaladin
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-02-20 at 02:30 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I throw my hat into the ring!

Grod the Giant.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2015-02-20 at 02:56 PM.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Suggestion for Snowbluff: Whenever you make a new one of these, post a link in the previous one. I almost missed this, and I almost missed the spells one.

Also, Permission for Keledrath
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Also, I've got an idea for you Snowbluff. Might have it done today.
    Ooh, interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Suggestion for Snowbluff: Whenever you make a new one of these, post a link in the previous one. I almost missed this, and I almost missed the spells one.
    I'm planning on putting them in my sig.

20. - Top - End - #20

Snowbluff, Legendary Weapon
    Spoiler: Snowbluff's Legendary Weapon
    Show
    Empty Binder
    Originally used by the swordsman Snowbluff to keep notes on the flaws of all creatures, the internet and laptops proved to be far more useful for this purpose. Left by the roadside, a homeless man used it to defend himself from kobold marauders by creating a daylight spell effect. Having been so saved, the man attached a handle to it and used it as a meat cleaver to gain great fame.
    Requirements: Any character can wield Empty Binder as a masterwork straightblade (Planar Handbook p69) and also gain the benefit
    of the exploit special ability. A battle scion who wields the Empty Binder gains additional special abilities if the character fulfills the following criteria.
    Base Attack Bonus: +8.
    Skills: Knowledge (any three) 4 ranks.
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Knowledge Devotion.
    Attributes: Empty Binder has the following attributes.
    Hardness/Hitpoints: 0/1.
    Caster Level: 10th.
    Value: To any character other than a battle scion who meets the above requirements, Empty Binder appears to be worth as much as a
    Medium masterwork straightblade that grants the exploit special ability (market price 55,307 gp). To anyone who has not witnessed its exploit ability it appears to be worth as much as a Medium masterwork straightblade (market price 307 gp).
    Special Abilities: Empty Binder provides a number of special abilities to its wielder, depending on the character’s class level in the
    battle scion prestige class (see the table below).
    Initial Abilities: When first acquired, Empty Binder functions as a masterwork straightblade . Anyone who wields it, whether a battle
    scion or not, also benefits from the exploit ability.
    Exploit (Su): The wielder of Empty Binder can exploit any one weakness a creature possesses (kobold's light sensitivity, vampire's holy
    symbol vulnerability) a number of times per day equal to their Int modifier. This creates an appropriate effect to take advantage of the weakness, and lasts for five rounds. The effect created cannot harm any creatures; if it would harm any, it immediately fails. If the creature has no weaknesses that would not result in damage or death, this ability cannot be used on them and is wasted.
    Knowledge of the Books (Ex): All knowledge skills are added to the battle scion's class skill list.
    Knowledge of all Flaws (Ex): A battle scion wielding Empty Binder gains a bonus on knowledge checks when using Knowledge Devotion
    or to learn of a creature's weaknesses. This bonus is +2 at first level, and increases by 2 at every even class level, to a maximum of +12 at 10th level.
    Quick Draw (Su): Once per round, a battle scion of 3rd level or higher can draw Empty Binder as a free action and treat their opponent
    as flat-footed for their first attack in their turn. They can also sheathe Empty Binder as a free action immediately following this attack if they choose.
    From Sheathe to Foe (Ex): A battle scion of 5th level or higher wielding Empty Binder deals an additional 3d6 points of damage per
    strike to their target upon a successful hit in any round they use quick draw. (but not lightning draw) This damage is neither weapon damage nor precision damage and does not ignore damage reduction. At 9th level this damage increases to 6d6.
    Lightning Draw (Su): A battle scion of 7th level or higher can draw Empty Binder as an immediate action and strike an opponent with it
    once per turn. Enemies are flat-footed against this attack, and this ability can be used even during an opponent's turn or against successfully tumbling targets. Using this ability counts as using quick draw for the round it is performed.

Battle Scion Level Ability Gained
    Exploit
    1st Knowledge of the Books, Knowledge of all Flaws +2
    2nd Knowledge of all Flaws +4
    3rd Quick Draw
    4th Knowledge of all Flaws +6
    5th From Sheathe to Foe (+3d6)
    6th Knowledge of all Flaws +8
    7th Lightning Draw
    8th Knowledge of all Flaws +10
    9th From Sheathe to Foe (+6d6)
    10th Knowledge of all Flaws +12

Whew, first time making such a complicated post. Hopefully it all reads okay. Legendary weapons are cool, right?

Edit: So I'm first? Hope I didn't set the bar too high with this.... Also any comment on abilities would be appreciated.
    Last edited by zergling.exe; 2015-02-20 at 03:38 PM.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

21. - Top - End - #21

i think my name could turn into something really cool.

sideswipe
    Last edited by sideswipe; 2015-02-20 at 03:38 PM.
    Damn girl you definitely have a +8 size modifier to AC!

22. - Top - End - #22

Ooh, interesting.
    You sneaky sneaky OP, you. Once I get home I'll see what I can manage. I'm terrible at this sort of thing! Be warned!

Paladin Edit:
    I'm working something up!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-02-20 at 04:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I, IZ42, doth give my permission to be immortalized into a Weapon of Legacy.

Keledrath, I know you best, so I've probably got something cooking for you.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-02-20 at 04:15 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

*quickly goes to look what PbP games I'm in with IZ42*

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #25

Snowbluff, you better be prepared. Once I figure out how to use the forum tables, this thing is going live...
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-02-20 at 05:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zergling.exe View Post
    Snowbluff, Legendary Weapon
    Spoiler: Snowbluff's Legendary Weapon
    Show
    Empty Binder
    Originally used by the swordsman Snowbluff to keep notes on the flaws of all creatures, the internet and laptops proved to be far more useful for this purpose. Left by the roadside, a homeless man used it to defend himself from kobold marauders by creating a daylight spell effect. Having been so saved, the man attached a handle to it and used it as a meat cleaver to gain great fame.
    Requirements: Any character can wield Empty Binder as a masterwork straightblade (Planar Handbook p69) and also gain the benefit
    of the exploit special ability. A battle scion who wields the Empty Binder gains additional special abilities if the character fulfills the following criteria.
    Base Attack Bonus: +8.
    Skills: Knowledge (any three) 4 ranks.
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Knowledge Devotion.
    Attributes: Empty Binder has the following attributes.
    Hardness/Hitpoints: 0/1.
    Caster Level: 10th.
    Value: To any character other than a battle scion who meets the above requirements, Empty Binder appears to be worth as much as a
    Medium masterwork straightblade that grants the exploit special ability (market price 55,307 gp). To anyone who has not witnessed its exploit ability it appears to be worth as much as a Medium masterwork straightblade (market price 307 gp).
    Special Abilities: Empty Binder provides a number of special abilities to its wielder, depending on the character’s class level in the
    battle scion prestige class (see the table below).
    Initial Abilities: When first acquired, Empty Binder functions as a masterwork straightblade . Anyone who wields it, whether a battle
    scion or not, also benefits from the exploit ability.
    Exploit (Su): The wielder of Empty Binder can exploit any one weakness a creature possesses (kobold's light sensitivity, vampire's holy
    symbol vulnerability) a number of times per day equal to their Int modifier. This creates an appropriate effect to take advantage of the weakness, and lasts for five rounds. The effect created cannot harm any creatures; if it would harm any, it immediately fails. If the creature has no weaknesses that would not result in damage or death, this ability cannot be used on them and is wasted.
    Knowledge of the Books (Ex): All knowledge skills are added to the battle scion's class skill list.
    Knowledge of all Flaws (Ex): A battle scion wielding Empty Binder gains a bonus on knowledge checks when using Knowledge Devotion
    or to learn of a creature's weaknesses. This bonus is +2 at first level, and increases by 2 at every even class level, to a maximum of +12 at 10th level.
    Quick Draw (Su): Once per round, a battle scion of 3rd level or higher can draw Empty Binder as a free action and treat their opponent
    as flat-footed for their first attack in their turn. They can also sheathe Empty Binder as a free action immediately following this attack if they choose.
    From Sheathe to Foe (Ex): A battle scion of 5th level or higher wielding Empty Binder deals an additional 3d6 points of damage per
    strike to their target upon a successful hit in any round they use quick draw. (but not lightning draw) This damage is neither weapon damage nor precision damage and does not ignore damage reduction. At 9th level this damage increases to 6d6.
    Lightning Draw (Su): A battle scion of 7th level or higher can draw Empty Binder as an immediate action and strike an opponent with it
    once per turn. Enemies are flat-footed against this attack, and this ability can be used even during an opponent's turn or against successfully tumbling targets. Using this ability counts as using quick draw for the round it is performed.

Battle Scion Level Ability Gained
    Exploit
    1st Knowledge of the Books, Knowledge of all Flaws +2
    2nd Knowledge of all Flaws +4
    3rd Quick Draw
    4th Knowledge of all Flaws +6
    5th From Sheathe to Foe (+3d6)
    6th Knowledge of all Flaws +8
    7th Lightning Draw
    8th Knowledge of all Flaws +10
    9th From Sheathe to Foe (+6d6)
    10th Knowledge of all Flaws +12

Whew, first time making such a complicated post. Hopefully it all reads okay. Legendary weapons are cool, right?

Edit: So I'm first? Hope I didn't set the bar too high with this.... Also any comment on abilities would be appreciated.
    Oh, sweet. My only question is why does it have only 1 hp?
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Snowbluff, you better be prepared. Once I figure out how to use the forum tables, this thing is going live...
    Please be gentle. It's my first time.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

FALSE! You are, in fact, the only one who has already done this Snowbluff!

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Are you calling me easy?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

I, WhamBamSam, hereby grant my permission.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2015-02-20 at 05:49 PM.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Not touching this with an 11 foot pole

Edit: Also ditching the WoL idea and just gonna make a Unique named Weapon for Red Fel, i just need a weapon to put it all on.......
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-02-20 at 06:04 PM.
    Show