New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Are the MinMax Boards/Brilliant Gameologist website down for anyone else?

It seems to be returning a web host message.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Are the MinMax Boards/Brilliant Gameologist website down for anyone else?

I'm getting the same for the Minmax boards.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Are the MinMax Boards/Brilliant Gameologist website down for anyone else?

I also cant access the site. I do not hope the same fate as dicefreaks has befallen the Min/Max Boards/Brilliant Gameologist...
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    tippy's posted, thread's over now

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

And all the sweet handbooks were over there :/

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

*raises hand*
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

6. - Top - End - #6

MonkGuy

Anyone have any idea what's up with the site?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nope, logged in this morning and got same message as you all have. Seen this a couple times before. Most of this times it was back up relatively soon.

8. - Top - End - #8

It seems kind of odd that it's redirecting to http։//box305.bluehost.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/www.howsyourmuffin.com, rather than something along the lines of http։//box305.bluehost.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/www.minmaxboards.com. Did it do that when it went down before?

And on a related note, does anyone know if Olescamo's monster classes are hosted anywhere else?
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2017-06-12 at 08:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
    It seems kind of odd that it's redirecting to http։//box305.bluehost.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/www.howsyourmuffin.com, rather than something along the lines of http։//box305.bluehost.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/www.minmaxboards.com. Did it do that when it went down before?

And on a related note, does anyone know if Olescamo's monster classes are hosted anywhere else?
    Yeah, I tried to go there just now for Oles' monster classes and got the same message. Man I really friggin hope they aren't dead forever. That'd be super friggin sad.
    Amateur writer over at Royal Road! Come check me out! https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/65...s-from-alirast

Life's a bitch, so if it's easy you're doing it wrong.

I live to die, I love to lose, I trust to be betrayed, this is who I am.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I want them to get back up so that I can easily access the ACF list.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    So have we learned an important lesson today?

We should probably get some backups set up.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

12. - Top - End - #12

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post

We should probably get some backups set up.
    Yeah, when (hopefully) they come back up, we can probably start storing some of the guides on google docs.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    I think we both know I have not. The only possible solution is for someone else on this forum to copy-paste everything from the other sites.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

14. - Top - End - #14

ElfRangerGuy

There's been a general advisory up for some time, the boards were supposed to move hosts.

Not sure what became of that, but this downtime is likely related.

Someone probably didn't update the DNS.
    Last edited by martixy; 2017-06-12 at 10:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

You can still access handbooks via google cache

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

They are down for me too. Any idea on when they'll be back up?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Really, really hoping we don't have another forum down for good. Saving all of the WotC boards stuff was traumatic enough, and that had a bunch of lead time.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

So i suppose if it does come back up there's going to be a push to archive in google docs now huh?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martixy View Post
    There's been a general advisory up for some time, the boards were supposed to move hosts.

Not sure what became of that, but this downtime is likely related.

Someone probably didn't update the DNS.
    As the guy who was supposed to be in charge of moving the boards to that new host, I can confirm that it's not related, and have no information on what's going on.

20. - Top - End - #20

Nooo, i need that wizard handbook by treantmonk.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    As the guy who was supposed to be in charge of moving the boards to that new host, I can confirm that it's not related, and have no information on what's going on.
    And as the new host, we did not receive the data before this event. So please back up everything possible via Google cache, etc.

Minor side note that you can ignore all Arhosa material (PbP excepted) - all of the homebrew is backed up.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by someonenoone11 View Post
    Use google cache back that **** up
    Last edited by Zephonim; 2017-06-12 at 04:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarius View Post
    And as the new host, we did not receive the data before this event. So please back up everything possible via Google cache, etc.

Minor side note that you can ignore all Arhosa material (PbP excepted) - all of the homebrew is backed up.
    Oh god, please don't tell me it's all gone ;o;
    Amateur writer over at Royal Road! Come check me out! https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/65...s-from-alirast

Life's a bitch, so if it's easy you're doing it wrong.

I live to die, I love to lose, I trust to be betrayed, this is who I am.

24. - Top - End - #24

Wayback Machine to the rescue!
    Fantabulous Duskblade avatar by linklele, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...munity-boards)

Its even better here

26. - Top - End - #26

RedWizardGuy

I know the BGs had been sorta disinterested/feeling put-upon about it for a while, thus the talk of moving. Anybody got an active contact for them? I'd hate to think they decided to just shutter it, if the move wasn't going fast enough..

27. - Top - End - #27

MonkGuy

Thanks for telling us! Please keep us updated if anything turns up.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by someonenoone11 View Post
    luckily I happend to have the tab open so I copied it all into a google docs, here it is
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Amazing avatar by Linklele

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Oh wadda you know Gary, you're just a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but immunity to wizard and resistance to fighter kinda makes up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    It's all fun and games until you encounter the roc weremegalodon

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you think this calls for another thread index? And, do you, Meg, or Prime have a timeframe on how long we have until the old sites are gone?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" – Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"
    I do still exist. I'm active on discord. Priestess of Neptune#8648

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    I have Megs facebook if you need to contact her

Also I have tons of stuff there not backed up that I intended to post here that I could use help on!
    Last edited by Bhu; 2017-06-12 at 06:58 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here