1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Vestiges Type II

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    It that Forgot and was Forgotten (ryu)

Vestige Level: 8th.
    Binding DC: 35
    Special: To know about It that Forgot and was Forgotten requires 18 ranks in Knowledge (the planes), Bardic Knowledge as a 15th level bard, or Lore as a 15th level cloistered cleric/loremaster/bard. This is not a requirement to bind ItFawF, but to remember it exists in the first place.

Legend: It that Forgot and was Forgotten is a being that has been all but entirely forgotten. What is known is that It forgot what it was, and whispered rumors that Vecna may have been involved.

Manifestation: It that Forgot and was Forgotten does not appear before the pact maker. There is just a mere sense of presence and then nothing as it withdraws back to observe the would be binder. If the pact is successfully made that presence returns flowing into the pact maker.

Sign: While showing It that Forgot and was Forgotten’s sign your face becomes frozen and unemotive.

Influence: While under It that Forgot and was Forgotten’s influence you may not reveal to other creatures any information about yourself. In addition ItFawF’s forgetting of themselves affects you as well, while under ItFawF’s influence you must not willingly remember your own personal information.

Granted Powers:

Constant Alertness: While ItFawF is bound you are never surprised or flat-footed as a sixth sense warns you of danger. In addition you gain a +6 insight bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Contingent Planning: While ItFawF is bound you can spend 10 minutes to create a contingency plan. This functions as the spell Contingency but instead of placing a spell upon yourself you place a course of action which must be able to be completed by you with a single attack action, move action, or a standard action to use a vestige’s granted ability (you must have the appropriate vestige bound). This action is immediately taken when the Contingency would be triggered, and once it is triggered it is lost until you make another contingency plan. You may only have one contingency plan at once.

Emotionless Visage: While ItFawF is bound and you show its sign Sense Motive checks made against you suffer a -8 penalty due to the total inscrutability of your face. However you suffer a -4 penalty to Charisma checks, and Charisma based skill checks to interact with other creatures.

Focused Forgetfulness: While ItFawF is bound as a standard action you may make a single creature within 20 ft per binder level forget you exist. The target must make a Will save or forget all it knows about you, and become unable to perceive you for 1 round per binder level. If you attack the target or touch the target they are able to perceive you once more but they still do not remember who you are. This is a mind-affecting effect. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Freed from Fate’s Weave: While ItFawF is bound to you, you gain immunity to divination spells cast against you, and divination spells not directly cast upon you do not give information about you; you still show up in Scrying spells that would show your area (though they must target someone near you and not you).

Inevitable Betrayal: While ItFawF is bound to you flat-footed creatures, creatures denied their Dexterity bonus against you due to being unable to see you, or creatures unaware of your presence suffer a -2 penalty on saving throws against your spells and abilities.

Paranoia Surge: While ItFawF is bound to you, you may take a 2nd immediate action within a round (the first one still uses your next round’s swift action, the 2nd does not). Once you do so you must wait 5 rounds before doing so again.

For Contractors: Pyre of Fantasy (homebrew invocation).
    Exactly the kind of features I can get behind. Especially good if I'm remembering right and there was a binder/wizard theurge prestige that could be gotten into with a level in binder. At that point it's most of the big benefits of vecna blooded, plus a few neat and powerful extras, plus whatever cool things you can make from your binder progression. All in all absolutely top notch. Would definitely use.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

While I don't post super regularly as of yet, I'll still give permission. I tend to enjoy characters that are good at hitting things, and have a soft spot for gishes and bards.
    Last edited by Cerefel; 2016-09-30 at 02:04 AM.
    I'm a vestige!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Actually just read further. Homebrewed a wizardy binder? sweet.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Cor, been a long time hasn't it? Last thread started end of 2014, sheesh.

Gonna take some effort to catch up the new folks, won't it? Hm.
    Red Fel, the Helpful Advisor (Red Fel)

Red Fel was the loyal advisor of a long collapsed empire, or the treacherous shadow behind the throne that led to its fall. He lends his advice to those who bind him, and allows them to speak with his silvered tongue.

Vestige Level: 3rd.
    Binding DC: 20.

Legend: Red Fel was a royal advisor, whose words of wisdom were used to turn the small kingdom whose king he advised into the largest empire in the world. He was known across the world for his wisdom and intellect, his skill of wit and word, which had literally reshaped the political landscape. Yet he was blamed too. Every step the king took was assigned to his influence. Every corruption within the empire placed at his head and as coming from his tongue.

Of course actually managing a world-spanning empire is beyond a single man, it is the work of a bureaucracy, and corruption will always sink in. Not all of Fel's words were heeded either, for his tongue was not the only one which whispered into the ears of the king. Red Fel's supporters (those who bind him mostly) claim that had his advice been fully heeded what came next would never have come, his detractors claim it was those words of his that were heeded which led to the events to come. As the empire expanded the corruption worsened and it festered until it grew into tyranny and that tyranny watered the seeds of rebellion.

Across the empire rebellion burned. The castle was besieged and the rebels moved to claim Red Fel's head and claim it they did despite his protests, his pleads to let him help them make a new and better world, a new and better government. Executed, Red Fel did not stop, his disembodied head still pleading to be allowed to offer its advice. Horrified the rebels burnt it to ash, and scattered the ashes, praying over them to dissipate the spirit. Dissipate it they did, enough that it could not rest in the Outer Planes, but blew across reality as a restless and scattered spirit till it found its way piece by piece into the void of the vestiges.

Manifestation: Red Fel appears as a richly dressed humanoid courtier without his head. In his hands he holds a pile of ashes from which his voice springs, eager to have his would be binder accept his advice.

Sign: Your tongue turns silver, not merely in color but texture as well. It is up to the DM whether your tongue, if used in a natural weapon attack (because you’re a giant frog possibly) or as a monk’s unarmed strike overcomes DR as if silver.

Influence: While under Red Fel’s influence you must always offer advice if it is requested or invited, except towards creatures you are actively engaged in combat with and which are actively fighting you (if you start attacking a random beggar/merchant/goblin/king who asks advice for how to get you to stop attacking them the influence applies).

Granted Powers:

Advice Not Heeded: While Red Fel is bound as a standard action you may offer a suggestion to a creature within 60 ft. This does not function as a suggestion spell however. As with suggestion you offer a course of activity (limited to a sentence or two) and the target must make a Will saving throw. If they fail they are compelled to not perform the suggested course of activity for 1 day per 2 binder levels, unless not performing it would be obviously harmful. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds. If a creature successfully saves against this ability they are immune to your Advice Not Heeded for 24 hours.

Advisor’s Voice: While Red Fel is bound his voice whispers advice to you at all times. You gain a +2 insight bonus to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma checks as well as skill checks based on those abilities.

Honest Deceptions: While Red Fel is bound you may use Diplomacy in place of Bluff to convince another of the truth of your words as long as what you say is technically true even if highly deceptive. In addition you may use Diplomacy in place of Intimidate to change a creature’s behavior if you so desire.

Non-Threatening Posture: While Red Fel is bound you can attempt to make a creature see you as a reduced threat compared to your companions. You can use this ability as an immediate action during an opponent's turn after the opponent announces its intention to attack you or target you with a spell if it could attack a different target that is its enemy or target a different enemy creature with the spell in your place. The target must make a Will save or it cannot target you with the attack or spell. It can choose a new target to attack, but it takes a -4 circumstance penalty on its attack roll due to the sudden change of intentions at the last second. Likewise, the subject of this ability can redirect a spell that had been targeted on you, but it must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell's level) or the spell is wasted. Once you use this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds. This is a mind-affecting compulsion.

Words of Advice: While Red Fel is bound you may use the Aid Another action to assist creatures up to 30 ft away, and if you use it to assist their AC or attack rolls the bonus applies to all attacks against your allies from the designated creature or by your ally against the designated creature. In addition you may increase the benefit from the Aid Another action by your Charisma modifier (up to an increase of ½ your binder level), but if you do so you cannot use this ability again for 5 rounds.

For Contractors: Beguiling Influence.

With (Improved) Bind Vestige Feat: If you have the Improved Bind Vestige feat you gain Words of Advice. If you have the Practiced Binder feat as well you gain Advisor's Voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Exactly the kind of features I can get behind. Especially good if I'm remembering right and there was a binder/wizard theurge prestige that could be gotten into with a level in binder. At that point it's most of the big benefits of vecna blooded, plus a few neat and powerful extras, plus whatever cool things you can make from your binder progression. All in all absolutely top notch. Would definitely use.
    Anima Mage, it's a strong one (1 feat and 1 level of casting for 6th level vestiges and some free metamagic), unfortunately this is an 8th level vestige which puts it beyond Anima Mage's reach without jumping through hoops to advance the class's abilities further, or a DM made expansion to make Anima Mage at least 14 levels.

Actually just read further. Homebrewed a wizardy binder? sweet.
    More warlocky, but yeah someone requested it in base class and PrC flavor back when I was doing random requests so I made it. Unless you're talking Vestige Priest and not Contractor in which case, I've half disowned it.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-02 at 12:34 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You could legacy champion it fairly easily I think? Or use one of the tirckster types right?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

You could legacy champion it fairly easily I think? Or use one of the tirckster types right?
    I think so, but I'm not as familiar with those to say without checking the books. It's like getting double 9s, it requires some hoops but I believe it's doable. Though I can't say I've checked.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I think so, but I'm not as familiar with those to say without checking the books. It's like getting double 9s, it requires some hoops but I believe it's doable. Though I can't say I've checked.
    Is eighth the highest level of vestige or is it nine like everything else? If all you need is another four levels of advancement legacy champion can do it while technically only losing one level of spellcasting by going to the fifth level of the class. I say one because if you're willing to be properly cheesy anima mage actually doesn't specifically call out an advancement of existing binder features the way most theurgy classes do. You can get the entire benefit of it entering with feats.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Is eighth the highest level of vestige or is it nine like everything else? If all you need is another four levels of advancement legacy champion can do it while technically only losing one level of spellcasting by going to the fifth level of the class. I say one because if you're willing to be properly cheesy anima mage actually doesn't specifically call out an advancement of existing binder features the way most theurgy classes do. You can get the entire benefit of it entering with feats.
    Eighth is, it's one of the weird things about Binding which make vestige progression wonky and difficult to balance. So yeah Legacy Champ ought to work*.

*I've only read like 15% of Weapons of Legacy before deciding it wasn't worth the time required to read it and thus haven't read Legacy Champ in its entirety.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

is there a way to give vestige sorcerer spell casting from let's say wizard list with out getting to powerful( ı have a vestige idea but I dont know how to give spell casting and its 1 level vestige

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eighth is, it's one of the weird things about Binding which make vestige progression wonky and difficult to balance. So yeah Legacy Champ ought to work*.

*I've only read like 15% of Weapons of Legacy before deciding it wasn't worth the time required to read it and thus haven't read Legacy Champ in its entirety.
    Yeah.... Still though it was a necessary sacrifice to realize a concept so completely. Only way to make this more properly insane is to utilize time travel to make the person binding the vestige a past or future version of the vestige itself. As you've probably realized by now i enjoy making peoples brains hurt.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah.... Still though it was a necessary sacrifice to realize a concept so completely. Only way to make this more properly insane is to utilize time travel to make the person binding the vestige a past or future version of the vestige itself. As you've probably realized by now i enjoy making peoples brains hurt.
    chronomancy may be bit dangerous since pc can secretly binding his own soul from future were he knows exactly what happened during the adventure path and supply info to themselves by using vestige as excuse to look in to adventure path and fine tune the build

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    chronomancy may be bit dangerous since pc can secretly binding his own soul from future were he knows exactly what happened during the adventure path and supply info to themselves by using vestige as excuse to look in to adventure path and fine tune the build
    You were paying attention to the undeniable fact that It that Forgot and was Forgotten carries no memory of pre-vestige time right? It's in the name.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

You were paying attention to the undeniable fact that It that Forgot and was Forgotten carries no memory of pre-vestige time right? It's in the name.
    lets forget this happened

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, and it's also a very good PrC in general. Even it it weren't the metamagic tricks, I'd call it very good.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-09-30 at 07:38 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

well my personal creation for myself is nearly done just needed to write her legend and its basicly post able my main problem is how to create vestige for someone like dire_stirge so.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Red Fel, the Helpful Advisor (Red Fel)

My, my. Not often I see one of these painting me in a sympathetic or tragic light. Do like it.

The Advice Not Heeded ability is a nice touch - a compulsion to not do a thing. Clever. The rest of the abilities are very smart and flavorful, and work quite well together. Do like! A thank.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

again shamelessly here is something for me from my self until regulars gets the idea and creates for me

may i represent

paimon the queen oflust (khadgar567)

Legend one the favorite concubine of forgotten king, helping him in any way she can until the world destroyed her king in desperate attempt cast their concourses to in to void where her broken soul become vestige she is to day
    Sign binder bindersbody become utterly perfect for their race
    Manifestation scantily clad blue skinned elven dancerappears out of smoke wearing array of jewelry instead of common clothes
    Influence bindercan't wear armor as long as binds paimon
    Special requirementbinder must be female
    Granted abilities

• Aura of lust every creature within 30 ft of you takes -4+binder level penalty on attack rolls, checks, saves, and weapon damage rolls. You can activate or suppress this ability as swift action. Aura of lust is mind effecting ability
    • Garments of seductress paimon teaches you to summon same garb she wears during the time you bind paimon your ac is equal to ten plus your binder level plus twice of your dexterity modifier plus your charisma modifier
    • Essence of paimon binder gets charisma bonus equal to his binder level for all charisma based skills
    • Secrets of the old world paimon shows you the secret nuances of magic you never knew while binding paimon you gain ability to cast sphere magic( spheres of power) your sphere caster level is equal to your binder level and you gain talents equal to your binder class levelsLegend one thefavorite concubine of forgotten king, helping him in any way she can until theworld destroyed her king in desperate attempt cast their concourses to in tovoid where her broken soul become vestige she is to daypaimon the queen oflust
      Sign binder bindersbody become utterly perfect for their race
      Manifestation scantily clad blue skinned elven dancerappears out of smoke wearing array of jewelry instead of common clothes
      Influence bindercan't wear armor as long as binds paimon
      Special requirementbinder must be female
      Granted abilities
      • Aura of lust every creature within 30 ft of you takes -4+binder level penalty on attack rolls, checks, saves, and weapon damage rolls. You can activate or suppress this ability as swift action. Aura of lust is mind effecting ability
      • Garments of seductress paimon teaches you to summon same garb she wears during the time you bind paimon your ac is equal to ten plus your binder level plus twice of your dexterity modifier plus your charisma modifier
      • Essence of paimon binder gets charisma bonus equal to his binder level for all charisma based skills
      • Secrets of the old world paimon shows you the secret nuances of magic you never knew while binding paimon you gain ability to cast sphere magic( spheres of power) your sphere caster level is equal to your binder level and you gain talents equal to your binder class level

​I know this lady has same name with that sword armed bastard
    If any one want to see her picture just search paimon magi on google and any help for better legend is appreciated

Legend one the favorite concubine of forgotten king, helping him in any way she can until the world destroyed her king in desperate attempt cast their concourses to in to void where her broken soul become vestige she is to day
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2016-09-30 at 08:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Xuldarinar, the Shadow that Warns (Xuldarinar)

Xuldarinar was a master of shadow magic who lost his very self in Shadow leading to his warnings of imminent evil falling on deaf ears. Now he grants his shifting form and his warnings of doom.

Vestige Level:5th.
    Binding DC: 25.

Legend: It is said Xuldarinar was an illusionist of great power and skill, a master of shadow magic. Scorned by his lover, Xuldarinar retreated into the Plane of Shadow to study its nature.

Years later Xuldarinar emerged, his form no longer stable as it shifted with the shadows, and he warned of a great darkness growing within the Plane of Shadow, a taint within the very heart of darkness. His words fell on deaf ears however as his shifting form led him to assume monstrous form after monstrous form and those he tried to warn struck him dead, or as dead as a shadow could be.

Manifestation: Xuldarinar emerges from the seal in the form of a writhing shadow, it coalesces into a humanoid form of shadow with no features. As you speak to it the form shifts and changes moving between a myriad of creatures, but the only face that ever forms is the binder’s own, twisted into a sneer. It is this sneering reflection that Xuldarinar uses to speak to the would be binder.

Sign: Your shadow develops a life of its own moving in ways that don’t reflect your own (it stays attached, though) nor are they controlled by you.

Influence: While under Xuldarinar’s influence you become adverse to bright light and must not willingly carry a light source or remain within 10 ft of one for an extended duration (1+ minutes)

Granted Powers:

Perfect Darkvision: You may see in non-magical darkness as easily as bright light, in full color with no range limit. This does not allow you to see in magical darkness however.

Sculpt Shadows: As a standard action you may change the radius of light presented by a light source within 5 ft per 2 binder levels. You may either reduce the output to half (reducing the radius to half), or carefully sculpt areas of shadowy illumination within the bright illumination. You may create 1 5 ft square of shadows this way per 2 binder levels, but none may be within half the range of the light source. These shadows move with the light source, but are not magical darkness and if another light source would provide bright illumination in the square the shadow is dispersed.

Shadow Hop: As a standard action while in shadowy or no illumination you may teleport up to 100 ft per binder level to another square with shadowy or no illumination. While you do not have to be able to see the target square, nor do you need line of effect to it, if it has bright illumination, or is occupied this ability fails. Once you use this ability (even if it fails) you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Shadow Shape: As a standard action you may take the shape of another creature. This functions like the spell polymorph using your binder level as your caster level except as listed here. The new form must be within 2 size categories of your own form. You may only target yourself and you do not heal when you change form. You do not gain the ability scores of the new form with the exception of you use the new form’s Dexterity if it is worse than yours. You do not appear as a perfect replication of the creature but instead as a version of it made of living darkness and shadow, as such you cannot typically be mistaken for a normal member of the species. Finally each time you take damage you must make a Will save (DC 5 + damage received) or revert to the form from before you used this ability. This ability has a duration of until you spend a standard action to dismiss it or no longer bind Xuldarinar. Once you use this ability you cannot use it again until you dismiss it and then wait another 5 rounds. In addition you may only assume the form of 1 different creature per 3 binder levels each time you bind Xuldarinar; you may use this ability an indefinite number of times, but you can only assume so many different forms each time.

Xuldarinar’s Warnings: You gain a +2 insight bonus to AC against attacks from Evil creatures as Xuldarinar warns you of their blows. Xuldarinar is extra sensitive to the dangers of the Old Gods and their kin, you gain a +3 insight bonus to AC and a +2 insight bonus to saving throws against attacks from creatures native to the Far Realm or with the Obyrith subtype.

For Contractors: Hungry Shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    My, my. Not often I see one of these painting me in a sympathetic or tragic light. Do like it.

The Advice Not Heeded ability is a nice touch - a compulsion to not do a thing. Clever. The rest of the abilities are very smart and flavorful, and work quite well together. Do like! A thank.
    Well it's kind of sad when only one aspect is ever focused upon. Yes, you're Evil, Lawful Evil even, but there's more there to work with than Evil. There's the love of giving advice for example. Sometimes it's nice not just to go for the low hanging fruit... he says while going for the one aspect of Xuldarinar that's most focused on and lowest hanging...

Combine it with Red Fel the Lord of Imps and you can now just mess with people's heads. "Do this" They find themselves doing it. "Do that" They find themselves unable to do it. "No, do that," "Now do this..."
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-02 at 12:35 AM.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Yaaaay new thread! I give permission and I'll get around to making a few once I have some free time.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Isn't the purpose of the perma permission thread there for people to give permission for threads like these? Eh, whatever. I give my permission.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Xuldarinar, the Shadow that Warns (Xuldarinar)

Wonderful to see this thread, and I love this addition. It suits me quite well.

If i ever had a chance to bring it to the table, I think I could have a great deal of fun with it.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cerefel View Post
    While I don't post super regularly as of yet, I'll still give permission. I tend to enjoy characters that are good at hitting things, and have a soft spot for gishes and bards.
    Cerefel, the Song of Battle (Cerefel)

Cerefel is not a vestige at all, but the first song ever sung to inspire courage in the heart and steel a warrior for battle. She grants some of her music to those who would bind her, and aids them in defeating the same evil she was first born to fight.

Special Requirements: Perform (Song) 3 ranks.

Legend: When the first bard sang upon the field of battle, a song to stir the heart and embolden their comrades in battle Cerefel was born. She was not the first bard, but the first song that stirred courage in the hearts of pre-human beings and drove them to battle more fiercely against the ancient aberrations that ruled the world of the far past.

Cerefel is the spirit of that first battle-song, never dying for it was never ‘alive’ in the traditional sense but existing across the world as a force, a spirit of a thing. A patron muse to bards and war chanters (as a quasi-divine spirit, Cerefel can grant the Song and War domains, her favored weapon is Rapier), Cerefel was considered by many to be little more than a myth. Of late, however, binders have taken note of Cerefel and through the use of magical seals and pact binding have managed to draw in the Song of Battle and bind her much as they would a vestige.

Manifestation: Cerefel begins her manifestation as a sonorous hum that builds from just below the verge of hearing, forming into a woman’s voice before a beautiful female figure, closer to an elf than a human, but matching neither. She speaks only in song, her words snippets and verses from a thousand poems and ballads. When the pact is made she vanishes in a burst of song, as if a hundred voices were singing a hundred different songs at once.

Sign: You are unable to speak normally but must sing all things while you show Cerefel’s ‘sign’.

Influence: While Cerefel is bound she requires you not to interrupt a song, and to linger when one can be heard, taking it in in its full before moving on.

Granted Powers:

Battle Singer: While Cerefel is bound you gain a +8 competence bonus on Perform (song) checks and may make Perform (song) checks in place of Concentration checks.

Cleanse Ancient Taint: As a standard action you may make a single melee attack against an aberration, obyrith, creature with Aberrant feats, servant of any of the Great Old Ones/Elder Evils/Ancient Ones, or native of the Far Realm (at DM’s discretion other Far Realm or aberration connected creatures are affected such as members of the Alienist PrC or Brainstealer Dragons). You ignore any miss chance you might suffer against such a creature (including incorporeal miss chance), and may strike them with non-magical weapons if they’re incorporeal, as well as any DR they may possess. In addition you deal +1d6 damage per binder level to the target. If the target is not an aberration, obyrith, servant of an Ancient One, or other valid target for this ability it functions as a regular attack and this use of this ability is wasted. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before doing so again.

Countersong: You may sing a countersong. This functions as the bardic music ability of the same name except that you may begin your countersong as an immediate action, and may use your Binder Level + Charisma modifier in place of your Perform modifier on the requisite perform check.

Dance of Battle: As long as you are under the effect of a magical song (such as a bardic music performance, war chanter music, sound based virtuoso performance, or even the songs created by a Tall Tale’s exaggerated perform, a princess’s Mystical Song) created by an ally other than yourself that is still being sung or played you may add ½ your Charisma modifier to Dexterity based skill checks, Dexterity checks, Reflex saves, and to your AC. This bonus to AC is considered to be part of your Dexterity modifier and is lost if you lose your Dexterity bonus to AC and once added to your Dexterity modifier is capped by your armor’s Maximum Dexterity Bonus.

Dancer’s Finesse: You may add your Charisma modifier to hit in place of Strength with melee attacks using finessable weapons and to hit in place of Dexterity with ranged attacks. If you have the Weapon Finesse feat you gain a +1 to hit with finessable weapons (regardless of whether you use Charisma or Dexterity with them).

Song of Battle: As a full round action you may begin to sing a song of battle. Each round you must sing a different strain, changing at the very beginning of your turn, although once all strains other than the stalling strain have been sung all strains become usable once more allowing you to sing a song of battle indefinitely. In addition you may sing the stalling strain any number of times exempt from this rule. While singing the Song of Battle your voice does not grow hoarse and you may sing it indefinitely, though while singing the Song of Battle you cannot activate command word items, cast spells with verbal components, or other such sophisticated uses of your voice.

You may not sing the Song of Battle quietly, but must always do so in a clear and firm voice, if you attempt to muffle its sound the Song of Battle ends and you must take a full round action to begin it again.

• Strain of Valiant Blows: While singing this strain you may add your Charisma modifier to melee attack and damage (in addition to the normal modifier) when wielding a finessable weapon; if you already add your Charisma modifier to your attack or damage you do not do so twice.
    • Strain of the Warrior Maiden: While singing this strain you may take a penalty to attack rolls up to your binder level and add twice your penalty to damage with finessable weapons.
    • Strain of the Goddess of War: While singing this strain you become supernaturally terrifying and awe-inspiring. Creatures that are adjacent to you at any point during which you sing this strain must make a Will save or be shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1 + ½ your Charisma modifier (max 5 rounds).
    • Strain of Inspiration: While singing this strain allies which can hear you (including yourself) gain a +1 + 1/8 binder levels morale bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and will saves against fear and compulsion effects.
    • Strain of Blinding Alacrity: While singing this strain allies which can hear you may make an extra attack at their highest attack bonus as part of a full attack; this extra attack does not stack with that granted by haste, a speed weapon, or similar effects.
    • Stalling Strain: This strain has no effect, does not count as unsung for the purposes of refreshing your other strains, and may be sung for any number of consecutive rounds. This strain is a gamist concession so that you can start a battle with all your songs available while keeping the stealth difficulty of traveling around singing, and the narrativist/simulationist side of it being a continuing song not a brief burst of sound.

For Contractors: Baleful Utterance.

With (Improved) Bind Vestige Feat: If bound through the Improved Bind Vestige feat Cerefel grants you the Dance of Battle ability. If Practiced Binder is also used she also grants Dancer’s Finesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Isn't the purpose of the perma permission thread there for people to give permission for threads like these? Eh, whatever. I give my permission.
    The perma permission is useful so that if someone misses a thread being posted you still can make them, let them know and let them join the fun. That said people posting permission in the thread can be a big help and is a big way to present something to guide people making things into making something you'll enjoy. Or just remind people to make something of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Wonderful to see this thread, and I love this addition. It suits me quite well.

If i ever had a chance to bring it to the table, I think I could have a great deal of fun with it.
    I am a little uncertain about the mechanics for it. Shadow Shape was... well it's based on (nerfed) Polymorph and that's a whole kettle of troubles. Glad you liked it. At some point soon I have to make one of NeoPhoenix just because I know it's inevitable that I will do so. Right now, however, I must away to make Corpse Binders
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-02 at 12:45 AM.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

It's always nice to have a reminder - it also lets everyone know who's around for this specific thread.

Anyways, your name and homebrew have inspired me.

Waker of Souls

Vestige Level: 6th
    Binding DC: 15
    Special Requirement: The Waker of Souls's sign must be written in a place from which the prospective binder cannot see any structures used for the worship of one or more deities, such as churches or shrines.

Legend: In life, the Waker of Souls (whose original name is long-forgotten) was one of the greatest meldshapers ever to live, mastering the Incarnum powers of both savage instinct and unshakeable morality. In an ironic twist, their soul was of such great power that upon their death, multiple deities lay claims to the Waker (who did not follow any particular deities in life). Trapped in a state of half-existence on the Astral Plane while the gods quarreled, the Waker could not join the flow of Incarnum in which they had so deeply immersed themselves in life. This enraged the Waker, and so they lashed out at the gods with what power they still held. The Waker of Souls wanders, engulfed with anger and sorrow, somewhere between existence and oblivion. Users of pact magic can call upon the Waker of Souls as a vestige, and the Waker eagerly accepts most opportunities to feel the flow of Incarnum once more.

Manifestation: A whirling column of luminescent blue mist rises from the seal, expanding horizontally and vertically. Once it reaches a height and width of five feet, it collapses onto itself and takes a vaguely humanoid shape which lets out a scream of rage and loss. The figure then stands patiently, awaiting the binder's offer.

Sign: The whites and irises of your eyes turn blue and glow faintly as if lit from within. This light is not bright enough to provide illumination, and does not impose a penalty to Hide/Stealth checks.

Influence: When you are in a situation where a particular religious rule is observed (such as bowing your head in the presence of a holy relic), you must succeed on a Will save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your Wisdom modifier) to follow the rule. Once per day, if you forgo the Will save and intentionally violate the rule, you gain 1 point of essentia for the remaining duration of the pact (see Essentia, below).

Granted Powers:

Essentia: When you bind the Waker of Souls, you gain an essentia pool with 1 point of essentia, plus 1 for every 3 binder levels you possess. The Waker of Souls's granted abilities can have essentia invested in them in the same manner as soulmelds or incarnum feats. Essentia from the Waker of Souls cannot be invested in receptacles other than this vestige's granted abilities, and essentia from sources other than the Waker of Souls cannot be invested in this vestige's granted abilities. You can reassign essentia from the Waker of Souls and from other sources with a single swift action.

Blade of the Meister: Manufactured weapons cannot be sundered, broken, or destroyed while you wield them. Manufactured weapons you wield also gain an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the amount of essentia invested in this ability.

Grace of the Exarch: You gain fast healing and a bonus to all saving throws, both equal to 1 plus the amount of essentia invested in this ability.

Form of the Aspirant: If you succeed on a saving throw against an attack which would normally have a lesser effect on a successful save (such as any spell with a save for partial), you instead completely negate the effect.

Totem of Wrath: When you hit a creature with a natural weapon or unarmed strike, you ignore any harmful effects which would otherwise be inflicted on you when striking that creature, such a Delver's Corrosive Slime. Your natural weapons and unarmed strikes gain an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the amount of essentia invested in this ability.

Radiance of Spite: As a standard action, you can cause the faint glow in your eyes to explode into a burst of searing blue-white energy, unleashing hatred upon your foes. This effect takes the shape of a 30-foot cone that deals 1d4 damage per binder level to all creatures in the area and blinds all affected creatures for 1d4 rounds (roll damage once, but roll the blindness duration separately for each affected creature). A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and replaces the blinded condition with the dazzled condition for the same duration. Once this ability has been used, you must wait 5 rounds to use it again. You must be showing the Waker of Souls's sign to use this ability. For every point of essentia invested in this ability, increase the size of the cone by 10 feet (maximum 60 ft total) and increase the Fortitude save DC by 1.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I know 2 things about you. 1) You make vestiges of cartoon characters and fictional metal bands. 2) You hate alignment as mechanic. As someone who makes vestiges of comic book characters, Star Fleet personnel, and the occasional vampire wizard spy Christopher Lee I can respect the former. Add in your name for some inspiration and...

Pyro火gnus Friend of Meepo (MeeposFire)

Legend: Pyrohignus was a kobold and the closest friend to his fellow kobold the tribe’s dragon keeper. Following an event in which the tribe’s wyrmling dragon was stolen by goblins, Pyrohignus’s best friend was banished and Pyrohignus followed him into exile.

When werefleshrakers attacked and infected his friend, Pyrohignus stood beside him and suffered the same affliction. The kobolds were inseparable, Pyrohignus always following behind his more charismatic friend. That was until the dragon disciple and Pyrohignus encountered a ghost dragon. The two kobolds were hopelessly outmatched, but Pyrohignus plead to save his friend’s life, offering not just his own life, but his very soul in exchange. Of course the dragon ghost was a dragon ghost not a fiend, it couldn’t directly take his soul, but it possessed his body, letting his friend go and ‘living’ through Pyrohignus, letting the kobold’s own soul wither and fade.

Thus Pyrohignus died while he yet lived, his soul losing its anchor to his body, yet he could not rest easy while his friend still lived. Too little of Pyrohignus remained to return as a ghost, but it still clawed to return, and though his friend may have passed on Pyrohignus still watches for his one true comrade.

Manifestation: Pyrohignus rises from the seal in the form of a fleshraker. Slowly he reshapes into a form halfway between kobold and fleshraker, and then takes the form of a kobold which slowly fades throughout the binding process.

Sign: While showing Pyrohignus’s sign your toes curve up into wickedly twisting claws like those of a deinonychus.

Influence: While under Pyrohignus’s influence you may not betray a friend or deceive them, nor may you knowingly encourage another creature to do so.

Granted Powers:

Distracting Flanker: While Pyrohignus is bound if you flank a creature it suffers a penalty to attack rolls made against creatures other than you equal to the bonus you gain to attack rolls for flanking it. In addition it provokes an attack of opportunity from any creature (other than you) that is flanking it with you if it moves even if it takes a 5 ft step or withdraws; a tumble check can still be made to avoid this AoO but they suffer a penalty to do so equal to ½ your binder level.

Envenom: While Pyrohignus is bound as a swift action you may charge your next melee attack with a slashing or piercing weapon with poison. This poison has an initial and secondary damage of 1d6 Dexterity. If the charged attack misses this ability is wasted. If you do not make a melee attack with a slashing or piercing weapon before the end of your turn this ability is wasted. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before using it again.

Friendly Fire: While Pyrohignus is bound you gain a fiery breath weapon which you can use as a standard action. This breath weapon is a cone of fire out to 10 ft per 3 binder levels (maximum 50 ft) which deals 1d6 fire damage per binder level within the area (Reflex halves). Allied creatures within the area take no damage, as Pyrohignus’s flames burn not his friends. Once you have used this ability you must wait 1d4+1 rounds before using it again (minimum 1 round).

Keeper of the Fire: While Pyrohignus is bound you gain fire resistance 10 and any flaming object you carry cannot be extinguished as long as you are carrying it (lifting it off the ground).

Rake: While Pyrohignus is bound when you charge you may make 2 rake attacks in addition to your normal attack(s) at the end of a charge. These rake attacks are made as primary natural weapons (even if you make other attacks) each dealing 1d6 + Strength damage. In addition if you successfully strike a creature with both rake attacks you may make a trip attempt against that creature with a +4 bonus added to your opposed check and without provoking any attacks of opportunity for the trip attempt, without needing a touch attack, and without allowing the enemy to respond to trip you back if you fail to trip them. You must show Pyrohignus’s sign to use this ability.

For Contractors: True Friend’s Shield (new invocation).

True Friend’s Shield
    Least, 2nd (Abjuration)
    With a touch you create a protective bond between you and another creature. As long as you are on the same plane the subject gains a deflection bonus to AC equal to your deflection bonus to AC and a resistance bonus to saves equal to your resistance bonus to saves, and takes only half damage from all wounds and attacks (including that dealt by special abilities) that deal hit point damage. The amount of damage not taken by the warded creature is taken by you. Forms of harm that do not involve hit points, such as charm effects, temporary ability damage, level draining, and death effects, are not affected. If the subject suffers a reduction of hit points from a lowered Constitution score, the reduction is not split with you because it is not hit point damage. When the spell ends, subsequent damage is no longer divided between the subject and you, but damage already split is not reassigned to the subject.

This invocation lasts 24 hours, though may be dismissed prematurely.

With (Improved) Bind Vestige: If you have the Improved Bind Vestige feat you gain Distracting Flanker. If you also have Practiced Binder you gain Envenom.

But a red dragon who binds him already has fire breath, and now they get new extra abilities. More seriously Draconium is always getting given a breath weapon it feels cheep and uninspired to do it too often, got to be able to do red dragon without the crutch of 'fire breath' sometimes. There is more to a red dragon than its breath weapon. Besides there's already a vestige for breath weapon.

There's a little sidebar on page 18 of Tome of Magic about making vestiges different and I always loved the idea of incorporating some of the ideas suggested with regular vestiges as well. I mean if Sorcery, Wizardry, Druidism, Theurgy Clerical Magic, and Psionics can all co-exist (with Truenaming and Shadowcasting) why can't 'I make pacts with entities outside of reality' and 'I make pacts with angelic entities' and 'I make pacts with Red Fel the Prince of Imps' also coexist?

Thank you.

I need to look into the PF version (Radiance House's Occultist). I looked at it a little before and it looked like it fixed a lot of the problems I have with how vestiges were designed (the 8 level system and Improved Binding are horrible design decisions as the first just makes them scale awkwardly, and the latter makes it so everything ultimately has to be designed as 'functions 2 levels lower at the cost of a feat' which makes them scale even more awkwardly). Add in that you don't get your second vestige till 8th level

I'm more than a peanut and a dragon. I'm also a lich... I mean a dracolich. I am not a dragon lich. I'm a dracolich... I mean there are other peanut dragons (in theory).

Odd for an influence to force a save (normally it's 'do X or suffer a -1 stacking penalty on attacks, saves, and checks'). That said I like that influence, even if my artistic skills are less than 0.

Is the peanut glob supposed to be 1/5 rounds? It's odd for a vestige not to have one, and with it at-will I'd say probably should be 4th or 5th level (Focalor {3rd} gives the penalties of sickened passively to creatures adjacent to you, but this is also save or lose 1d4 rounds, the fast healing is better than Buer's {4th} but limited to daylight which more than makes up for the difference. It gives a much better AC bonus than Dahvler-Nar {2nd} in that it stacks fully with enhancement bonuses and is twice as good if you lack actual natural armor already). With it 1/5 rounds it fits in pretty well with other 3rd level vestiges with a focus on passive defense (difficult terrain, AC, hard to move, fast healing) and a ranged offense which can shut down an enemy temporarily. Apparently I can't read.

Altogether it looks fun, though. To note Icky Sticky is my favorite ability it gets. And now I almost want to play a binder.
    I really enjoy this vestige. I like the attributes of friendship and the characters devotion leading to his demise. The abilities are neat as well. The raking and flanking abilities are nice and the flanking is pretty unique. I also really like that the breath weapon does not hurt allies and the reason for it. If I get to use it the only thing I might change is make the resist go up with your EBL (I know that there are vestiges where that does not happen but I feel with a class that only gets a few vestiges at any one time then all abilities need to stay pertinent rather than going eventually out of date) probably in a similar rate as it goes up with the stance in ToB.

It is very cool and I will put it in my signature. Thanks again!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    It's always nice to have a reminder - it also lets everyone know who's around for this specific thread.

Anyways, your name and homebrew have inspired me.

Waker of Souls

Vestige Level: 6th
    Binding DC: 15
    Special Requirement: The Waker of Souls's sign must be written in a place from which the prospective binder cannot see any structures used for the worship of one or more deities, such as churches or shrines.

Legend: In life, the Waker of Souls (whose original name is long-forgotten) was one of the greatest meldshapers ever to live, mastering the Incarnum powers of both savage instinct and unshakeable morality. In an ironic twist, their soul was of such great power that upon their death, multiple deities lay claims to the Waker (who did not follow any particular deities in life). Trapped in a state of half-existence on the Astral Plane while the gods quarreled, the Waker could not join the flow of Incarnum in which they had so deeply immersed themselves in life. This enraged the Waker, and so they lashed out at the gods with what power they still held. The Waker of Souls wanders, engulfed with anger and sorrow, somewhere between existence and oblivion. Users of pact magic can call upon the Waker of Souls as a vestige, and the Waker eagerly accepts most opportunities to feel the flow of Incarnum once more.

Manifestation: A whirling column of luminescent blue mist rises from the seal, expanding horizontally and vertically. Once it reaches a height and width of five feet, it collapses onto itself and takes a vaguely humanoid shape which lets out a scream of rage and loss. The figure then stands patiently, awaiting the binder's offer.

Sign: The whites and irises of your eyes turn blue and glow faintly as if lit from within. This light is not bright enough to provide illumination, and does not impose a penalty to Hide/Stealth checks.

Influence: When you are in a situation where a particular religious rule is observed (such as bowing your head in the presence of a holy relic), you must succeed on a Will save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your Wisdom modifier) to follow the rule. Once per day, if you forgo the Will save and intentionally violate the rule, you gain 1 point of essentia for the remaining duration of the pact (see Essentia, below).

Granted Powers:

Essentia: When you bind the Waker of Souls, you gain an essentia pool with 1 point of essentia, plus 1 for every 3 binder levels you possess. The Waker of Souls's granted abilities can have essentia invested in them in the same manner as soulmelds or incarnum feats. Essentia from the Waker of Souls cannot be invested in receptacles other than this vestige's granted abilities, and essentia from sources other than the Waker of Souls cannot be invested in this vestige's granted abilities. You can reassign essentia from the Waker of Souls and from other sources with a single swift action.

Blade of the Meister: Manufactured weapons cannot be sundered, broken, or destroyed while you wield them. Manufactured weapons you wield also gain an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the amount of essentia invested in this ability.

Grace of the Exarch: You gain fast healing and a bonus to all saving throws, both equal to 1 plus the amount of essentia invested in this ability.

Form of the Aspirant: If you succeed on a saving throw against an attack which would normally have a lesser effect on a successful save (such as any spell with a save for partial), you instead completely negate the effect.

Totem of Wrath: When you hit a creature with a natural weapon or unarmed strike, you ignore any harmful effects which would otherwise be inflicted on you when striking that creature, such a Delver's Corrosive Slime. Your natural weapons and unarmed strikes gain an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the amount of essentia invested in this ability.

Radiance of Spite: As a standard action, you can cause the faint glow in your eyes to explode into a burst of searing blue-white energy, unleashing hatred upon your foes. This effect takes the shape of a 30-foot cone that deals 1d4 damage per binder level to all creatures in the area and blinds all affected creatures for 1d4 rounds (roll damage once, but roll the blindness duration separately for each affected creature). A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and replaces the blinded condition with the dazzled condition for the same duration. Once this ability has been used, you must wait 5 rounds to use it again. You must be showing the Waker of Souls's sign to use this ability. For every point of essentia invested in this ability, increase the size of the cone by 10 feet (maximum 60 ft total) and increase the Fortitude save DC by 1.

Wow, thanks for that. I do like how your cribbed some inspiration from several of my homebrew projects, even the ones that I never finished. Grace of the Exarch and Form of the Aspirant would make a Binder very difficult to kill.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose some people may want to give permission for this specific thread, but no other.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

A new Junkyard Wars round is up! Come join Weapon Bond + Weapon Specialization - Fighter!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    I suppose some people may want to give permission for this specific thread, but no other.
    Not only that, but it also might put you on the radar for people who haven't been looking at permapermissions.

Not me though. I identify as a VLO jumpjet.

I must go. My planet needs me.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Cerefel, the Song of Battle (Cerefel)
    This is spectacular! From the fluff to the paimon synergy to the cool one handed finesse power attack thing, it's simply fantastic! Thank you so much!
    I'm a vestige!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow Zaydos is on fire.

I'm always a sucker for vestiges.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    permapermission granted.
    Socratov, the First Bartender (Socratov)

Socratov was the original bartender, the first person to open a bar and run it. She grants those who bind her the power to intoxicate and party.

Vestige Level: 2nd.
    Binding DC: 17.

Legend: Socratov's origin takes place early in the development of civilization. Beer, ale, wine, alcohol in all its forms was a newly discovered font of hedonism. Of course someone had to be the first to make a living by running an establishment which provided beer, and food, occasionally with entertainment. Socratov was that someone. She founded the very first bar, becoming the first bartender.

The story of how this led to Socratov becoming a truly ancient vestige is rather a bit more obscure. Some claim it involves the Great Old Ones and rebellion against them. Some claim Socratov was cursed by a god for spreading drunkennes, others for getting a god drunk. Others that Socratov was killed by adventurers and the world would not let them fade completely due to their contribution to its development. Whatever the truth, Socratov now exists as a vestige.

Manifestation: Socratov appears out of a port bottle which thrusts itself up through the seal. She pours forth in the form of a pink-haired woman of the binder's species flipping a golden coin. On one side of the coin is written Beer on the other Civilization.

Sign: Your hair turns pink.

Influence: While under Socratov's influence you must not deny an offer to imbibe alcohol, or to recite poetry.

Granted Powers:

Barkeep: While Socratov is bound you gain a +6 competence bonus to Profession (Bartender) checks.

Convert Poison: When you take ability damage or drain due to poison as an immediate action you can gain an alchemical bonus to that ability score equal to twice the damage received for 1 round, this bonus is applied simultaneously with the damage so that the damage never actually reduces your ability score to 0 if it would have until after the enhancement fade. The bonus is based upon the actual amount of damage taken after effects which would lower it (so if you take 0 because you're immune or it's reduced by an amount as high as the damage you gain +0). Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Disillusioned to Glamor: While Socratov is bound you gain a +4 bonus on Will saves to disbelieve illusions; the bartender has seen all things fabulous and they no longer bind her mind.

Host Revel: By spending an hour leading up to a number of other creatures equal to 1/3 your binder level in revelry including food, drink, and entertainment you may grant yourself and the creatures you led into revelry a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, saving throws, skill and ability checks for 4 hours or until you use this ability again.

Intoxicating Personality: If you spend at least one minute talking to a creature you may cause it to become intoxicated (with no saving throw, although a creature immune to poison or the negative effects of alcohol is immune to this effect) as a free action. The creature remains intoxicated for 1 minute per binder level you possess.

Spoiler: Intoxicated
    Show
    An intoxicated character takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Any saving throw bonus against poison applies to effects which intoxicate a creature, as does poison immunity, and dwarves receive an additional +2 on saves against intoxication (this stacks with their racial bonus on saves versus poison).

Nauseating Touch: As a standard action you may make a melee touch attack against a creature. If you hit it must make a Fortitude save. If it fails its Fortitude save it becomes nauseated for 1d3 rounds and then sickened for 1d4+1 rounds, if it succeeds on its save it is merely sickened for 1d3 rounds. Once you use this ability you must wait 5 rounds before using it again.

For Contractors: Create Feast (Jinnblood, Daily Invocation).

Quote Originally Posted by Cerefel View Post
    This is spectacular! From the fluff to the paimon synergy to the cool one handed finesse power attack thing, it's simply fantastic! Thank you so much!
    Thanks. I just went on Bards + Hitting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Wow Zaydos is on fire.

I'm always a sucker for vestiges.
    Wait I'm taking 1d6 fire damage a round

That'd be more worrisome if I didn't obsessively cast Energy Immunity for the... 2 energy types I'm not naturally immune to.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-02 at 12:46 AM.

Current Projects: