New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The new general "Dominions 5" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well.. in return Anakims are cap only.
    And can be argumented further by a bless. But alright what unit are Rhydorns means to be compared to instead?
    Heavy cavalry? Could you run a test of for example.. 1200 gold of Rhydorns against 1200 gold of heavy knights.
    Or 1200 gold of lets say.. Chud Warriors? If both groups doesnt get crushed, then ill agree that Rhydorns are likely fine.
    Rhyhorn are pretty clear heavy cavalry comparisons, especially now that their prot is a lot closer to (and lower than some) standard cavalry (and I suspect 1200 gold worth of Rhyhorn would have completely crushed the Chud Warrior comparison, which is kind of what you expect when you put a sufficient mass of tramplers up against size 2 units, and may well have lost against heavy cav.) Rhydon are kind of a weird comparison to use as gold cost, because generally speaking you aren't recruiting them for gold. You're recruiting them with gems, mage turns, and invested research, or you're recruiting and raising Rhyhorn, in which case you're paying for it in time.. although time spent with useful troops on the way, which makes that less of a hardship than babying a lot of the other first stage pokemon around until they evolve.

Edit: Oh, and adding negative formation fighter to all the Pokemon means they're now distinctly on the wrong side of attack density - at only one to a square Rhyhorn/Rhydon will be extremely vulnerable to being surrounded and chopped down by raw weight of attacks, and with lower prot it doesn't take super high quality attacks to do it. Being a trampler actually worsens this a bit, because it means they will actively shove into the middle of a formation they can't hope to kill in time and actively end up surrounding themselves.

Also for some reason I never looked at the gold value of Rhydon before? Those things are gonna crush your economy to have around in mass - you're looking at a mage worth of upkeep per unit for a troop. A nice heavy troop, sure, but still just a troop.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2019-07-23 at 09:12 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Earthquake is like the one move thats better left for them to cast as a spell?
    Like Golems cant spam it like its going out of style.

But perhaps TM's should be head slot?
    That way a Pokemon cant stack attacks.

Because i were also thinking Golems needed some sort of.. Earth Brand Style attack.
    Something hitting a square for either 10 AP Blunt, or 18-19 Blunt.
    Normally it has the problem that its defence gets harrashed down, and then suddenly everyone can repel its attacks.
    But a Con 4 item would let it handle that by the time regular thugs get AOE attacks.
    I tried to make the TM head slot, but for some reason it didn't work, wouldn't even show up in-game, but changing it to a misc item works so gonna roll with that for now.

The Fire Shield item had to be done in two, one for Onyx and the other for Golem since the Rollout is only for the Golem and each monster can only have one unique identifier for items it turns out.

Pokemon 0.683

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Rhyhorn are pretty clear heavy cavalry comparisons, especially now that their prot is a lot closer to (and lower than some) standard cavalry (and I suspect 1200 gold worth of Rhyhorn would have completely crushed the Chud Warrior comparison, which is kind of what you expect when you put a sufficient mass of tramplers up against size 2 units, and may well have lost against heavy cav.) Rhydon are kind of a weird comparison to use as gold cost, because generally speaking you aren't recruiting them for gold. You're recruiting them with gems, mage turns, and invested research, or you're recruiting and raising Rhyhorn, in which case you're paying for it in time.. although time spent with useful troops on the way, which makes that less of a hardship than babying a lot of the other first stage pokemon around until they evolve.
    About 1200 gold worth of chuds vs 1200 gold worth of rhyhorns

STONE FOR THE STONE GOD!

Edit: Oh, and adding negative formation fighter to all the Pokemon means they're now distinctly on the wrong side of attack density - at only one to a square Rhyhorn/Rhydon will be extremely vulnerable to being surrounded and chopped down by raw weight of attacks, and with lower prot it doesn't take super high quality attacks to do it. Being a trampler actually worsens this a bit, because it means they will actively shove into the middle of a formation they can't hope to kill in time and actively end up surrounding themselves.
    Hmmm, actually the kinda opposite happened in that test battle, the rhyhorns somehow kinda managed to hold a line while breaking up the chud's front and isolating several of them, but ended up being poked to death anyway.

Also for some reason I never looked at the gold value of Rhydon before? Those things are gonna crush your economy to have around in mass - you're looking at a mage worth of upkeep per unit for a troop. A nice heavy troop, sure, but still just a troop.
    For the record, all evolved pokémon have significantly higher gold costs. That way you can't just sit forever training more up, or it'll start eating in your income pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

I tried to make the TM head slot, but for some reason it didn't work, wouldn't even show up in-game, but changing it to a misc item works so gonna roll with that for now.

The Fire Shield item had to be done in two, one for Onyx and the other for Golem since the Rollout is only for the Golem and each monster can only have one unique identifier for items it turns out.
    Alright with that i think Pewter City is in a good place.

Ill turn back to Cerulean city next go.
    Though to start with im a little doubtful about both the Blasttoise Pretender and leader.
    The pretender is priced as a expanding monster. But i cant really see it clearing provinces as it is.
    It died to Wolf Tribe Barbarians.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright with that i think Pewter City is in a good place.
    Great!

Ill turn back to Cerulean city next go.
    Though to start with im a little doubtful about both the Blasttoise Pretender and leader.
    The pretender is priced as a expanding monster. But i cant really see it clearing provinces as it is.
    It died to Wolf Tribe Barbarians.
    Hmmm, pumped base stats a bit, reduced price to 140, replaced an Hydro Pump with a Bubble Beam, and made them both useable 50% of the time in melee.

With some testing of my own, the Legendary Blastoise can now reliably take out basic infantry provinces, small groups may actually rout before they can even reach melee. Heavy cavalry groups are still dangerous, and big enough barbarian groups will tear the legendary blastoise pretty fast if they can close in (in one of the test battles ran into a whooping 83 strong barbarian horde, legendary blastoise managed to take out some 31 before being turned into turtle soup).

Pokemon 0.684

Also tweaked the legendary pokemon sprites a bit, as well as finally giving recolored unique jr/cool/veteran/nurse trainer sprites to Fuschia and Cinnabar teams.
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm, pumped base stats a bit, reduced price to 140, replaced an Hydro Pump with a Bubble Beam, and made them both useable 50% of the time in melee.

With some testing of my own, the Legendary Blastoise can now reliably take out basic infantry provinces, small groups may actually rout before they can even reach melee. Heavy cavalry groups are still dangerous, and big enough barbarian groups will tear the legendary blastoise pretty fast if they can close in (in one of the test battles ran into a whooping 83 strong barbarian horde, legendary blastoise managed to take out some 31 before being turned into turtle soup).

Pokemon 0.684

Also tweaked the legendary pokemon sprites a bit, as well as finally giving recolored unique jr/cool/veteran/nurse trainer sprites to Fuschia and Cinnabar teams.
    Sounds good.
    At its price it should just have a chance of defeating selected provinces, not be able to safely roll over heavy cavalry.
    I will try and think about what TM or special gear might be fitting for it.

As well as look closer at the rest of the nation again.
    I am still doubtful about what sort of bless they are meant to go with.

edit.
    The horned helm adds an attack.
    What makes that different?
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2019-07-24 at 07:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good.
    At its price it should just have a chance of defeating selected provinces, not be able to safely roll over heavy cavalry.
    I will try and think about what TM or special gear might be fitting for it.

As well as look closer at the rest of the nation again.
    I am still doubtful about what sort of bless they are meant to go with.
    I prefer the freezing aura for bless myself.

The horned helm adds an attack.
    What makes that different?
    ...Nevermind, was just making a really stupid mistake, works as a helmet just fine after all. Impressive how different things can look after a good night of sleep.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-07-24 at 08:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

I prefer the freezing aura for bless myself.
    I tried freezing aura and twist of fate.
    But the pokemon seemed to squishy to really draw advantage of it.

...Nevermind, was just making a really stupid mistake, works as a helmet just fine after all. Impressive how different things can look after a good night of sleep.
    Well perfect then.
    I do think it draws a little more into the spirit of things if they cant stack attacks.
    Got any thoughs for Blastoise bonus moves?
    Maybe a melee cold AOE splash?
    Or a ranged AP/piercing water cutting beam that isnt cold damage?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

I tried freezing aura and twist of fate.
    But the pokemon seemed to squishy to really draw advantage of it.
    Checking my games, seems like I go full water and add some +Defense. Squirtles and Staryu both have 12 base Defense so even a +2 significantly increases their durability in melee against average troops. I could also pump up their defense a bit further.

Well perfect then.
    I do think it draws a little more into the spirit of things if they cant stack attacks.
    Got any thoughs for Blastoise bonus moves? []
    Maybe a melee cold AOE splash?

Or a ranged AP/piercing water cutting beam that isnt cold damage?

You'll notice I have added a few extra benefits since just an attack feels a bit limited, in particular for a cursed item that only one kind of pokémon can equip. The flying in TM91 is both a callback to Blasty, Green's Blastoise from the Adventures manga that "flies" by using its cannons as propulsion, and in-game allows to have an affordable flying thug.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Checking my games, seems like I go full water and add some +Defense. Squirtles and Staryu both have 12 base Defense so even a +2 significantly increases their durability in melee against average troops. I could also pump up their defense a bit further.
    Seems like a possible option.
    I will try and give it a chance.

You'll notice I have added a few extra benefits since just an attack feels a bit limited, in particular for a cursed item that only one kind of pokémon can equip. The flying in TM91 is both a callback to Blasty, Green's Blastoise from the Adventures manga that "flies" by using its cannons as propulsion, and in-game allows to have an affordable flying thug
    Yeah that was precisely the sort of item i had in mind.
    I will come back when i have had a chance to test it further.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

It may help if I actually upload the version with the new Blastoise TMs. Pokemon 0.685

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Another Quality of life change i had though about.
    Perhaps divide the site creation spells out just a little bit so they dont all sit at thaum 5.
    Researching up there is a bit of an investment. And annoyingly enough, then most of the earlier levels dont do anything for most nations.
    Perhaps spread them out from 3 to 5?
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2019-07-25 at 10:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually I considered spreading them around from the start, but couldn't decide which order they should be and that's why I ended just putting them all at level 5.

So, any suggestions in which order they should come? Also there's 4 of them per pokémon nation, so if they're from level 3 to 5, then I think level 5 should have two while research levels 3 and 4 have one each.

Another possibility is moving the capture rituals over to Thau as well since conjuration may be a bit too overloaded with national spells and fluffwise they're specifically not summoning after all.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

So, any suggestions in which order they should come? Also there's 4 of them per pokémon nation, so if they're from level 3 to 5, then I think level 5 should have two while research levels 3 and 4 have one each.
    Yeah that sounds reasonable.
    Might as well put the grand price at 5.

Another possibility is moving the capture rituals over to Thau as well since conjuration may be a bit too overloaded with national spells and fluffwise they're specifically not summoning after all.
    Likely thaum is the most fitting spell then. It does deal with both tracking and enslaving after all.
    That would at the same time then make conjuration the combat spell path for pokemon nations.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, spread the recruiting sites around and moved the capturing spells from Conjuration to Thau. Pokémon 0.686.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Alright will give the nation a new try.
    See what its like with these new changes.
    Perhaps test out if the far shot or death weapon bless does anything for it.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of blesses, although it's not possible to add extra bless points to a nation, it is possible to add "goes berserk when blessed"/"flies when blessed" like eagle warriors to a monster, and/or add bless bonus to a magic site like a throne. Currently available options seem to be:
    -HP
    -Animal Awe
    -MR
    -Awe
    -Str
    -Darkivison (can pick value)
    -Def
    -Attack
    -Precision
    -Elemental resistance (cold, fire, shock or poison)
    -Reinv
    -Undying

So it would be possible to add any of those effects to a capital site so the nation gets that bless for "free" which kinda counts as "free" bless points.

It's also possible to change a site creation spells so that they can only make the site once so one could make an expensive ritual that "upgrades" a bless (or just let it be castable multiple times, stacking for some late game crazyness I guess).

EDIT: Or even yet, it should theoretically possible to make multiple bless sites but also make them mutually exclusive so that you can only get one, so you must "pick" your free bless.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-07-27 at 02:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

So it would be possible to add any of those effects to a capital site so the nation gets that bless for "free" which kinda counts as "free" bless points.

It's also possible to change a site creation spells so that they can only make the site once so one could make an expensive ritual that "upgrades" a bless (or just let it be castable multiple times, stacking for some late game crazyness I guess).

EDIT: Or even yet, it should theoretically possible to make multiple bless sites but also make them mutually exclusive so that you can only get one, so you must "pick" your free bless.
    Alright. That is really interesting. I will try and see if i find anywhere it seems thematically apropriate.

Also. Found a few minor things in need of correction.
    -Misty's Has 1d6 Starmies at his side should likely be changed to her side.
    -And found something that crashed the game when i attacked a group of starmie riders and pysducks into a group of Kullulus.
    That gave a "FSA Bad Image file" error. seemingly as the enemy got into range of the riders ranged attack

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. That is really interesting. I will try and see if i find anywhere it seems thematically apropriate.

Also. Found a few minor things in need of correction.
    -Misty's Has 1d6 Starmies at his side should likely be changed to her side.
    Ah, forgot the #female tag, fixed.

-And found something that crashed the game when i attacked a group of starmie riders and pysducks into a group of Kullulus.
    That gave a "FSA Bad Image file" error. seemingly as the enemy got into range of the riders ranged attack
    That's strange, the code on that part seems fine and I ran some test battles with psyducks and starmie riders and had no errors. "FSA Bad Image file" would normally be a missing or mistyped image, but I seem unable to replicate it.

What commander were you using for leading the units? Could you try attacking something else and/or with a different commander to see if the problem happens again?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

That's strange, the code on that part seems fine and I ran some test battles with psyducks and starmie riders and had no errors. "FSA Bad Image file" would normally be a missing or mistyped image, but I seem unable to replicate it.

What commander were you using for leading the units? Could you try attacking something else and/or with a different commander to see if the problem happens again?
    Yes ill start by attacking another province, then hand over the troops to someone else.
    The commander i used were another Starmie Knight

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

You can definitely add bonus bless points to a nation, the only issue is your god has to qualify for a bless to get the bonus. So 4 in the path or 3 in all elemental or all sorcery.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes ill start by attacking another province, then hand over the troops to someone else.
    The commander i used were another Starmie Knight
    Ah, went to check the Starmie Knight commander and the error was there, thanks!

Pokémon 0.687

Quote Originally Posted by Glimbur View Post
    You can definitely add bonus bless points to a nation, the only issue is your god has to qualify for a bless to get the bonus. So 4 in the path or 3 in all elemental or all sorcery.
    Mind sharing the exact command then? I seem unable to find it. Or another mod that does for me to check the code directly.

EDIT: Nevermind managed to find it, but thanks for pointing out it does exist! So, I'm thinking a +2 bonus in the main path for each pokémon nation, or +1 to two paths for ones like Koga who have more split magic.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-07-27 at 08:10 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to help Squash out another bug :)

Mind sharing the exact command then? I seem unable to find it. Or another mod that does for me to check the code directly.

EDIT: Nevermind managed to find it, but thanks for pointing out it does exist! So, I'm thinking a +2 bonus in the main path for each pokémon nation, or +1 to two paths for ones like Koga who have more split magic.
    Hmm.. i dont really know if i think its a good idea.
    Just because you can do something, doesnt mean you should do something.
    The bless bonus thing is something that was used extremely sparringly in the base game.
    Likely for a reason. I dont think the Pokemon nations needs to be locked even tighter into their given element.
    In part since that would kinda warant them being given a nerf somewhere else.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to help Squash out another bug :)
    You've been a great help overall.

Hmm.. i dont really know if i think its a good idea.
    Just because you can do something, doesnt mean you should do something.
    The bless bonus thing is something that was used extremely sparringly in the base game.
    Likely for a reason. I dont think the Pokemon nations needs to be locked even tighter into their given element.
    In part since that would kinda warant them being given a nerf somewhere else.
    Does that mean I should cancel my plans to add dominion population kill and blood sacrifice to every pokémon nation too?

Fair enough, for now will keep it just as a possibility for any future nations.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

So. Gotten some more testing of Cerulean done.
    It feels like its in a good place now, just need a tiny bit of polishing.

Spoiler
    Show

*Got 19 provinces in 12 month, without awake expander.
    4 of those came from assasins. Likely the amount of pokemon they come with is a touch to high.
    And likely i think all assasins should be increased to 2 recruitment points.

*Kingler is likely a little to strong for how easy it is to mass. I would reduce it to 30 hp.
    And dont know if its 25 Ap attack is overkill. Maybe 20-22 is enough. It would still kill a knight in 1 hit.
    But i do think Bubble Beam should be reserved for special Pokemon like Lapras.

*Who are super mean, often carrying the army with their brutal damage output.
    But i guess they are also priced after it.

*Gold Duck are kinda unimpressive.

*Starmie Riders are to cheap.
    I dont think the unit is OP as such. Its high recruitment cost makes it hard to mass.
    But they compare favorably with Knights of Man. So i think by default their cost should be 50 gold.

*Blastoise works as a thug.
    But one of its weapons hit itself.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Great!

-Cerulean Maid's number of starting tentacool reduced from 5 to 3.
    -On the matter of increasing assassin's recruitment points, that's still something I'm not doing as it is. Mage recruitment is just that important, and although it may look like a good deal in the short term t geta bunch of assassins at the cost of that many mages, in the mid-long term it will mean significantly delayed magic development which may cost the whole game right there. Even just a couple extra mages can make all the difference, in particular cap mages. If the pokémon assassins too strong, they can be weakened, given higher costs, given a custom penalty like desertion chance. That or make them foreign recruits or actual mages, then 2 recruitment points may be justified. Serpent Assassins can get away with that because they're sacred and the new auto-bless item allows for some brutal cunning but making the pokémon assassins sacred wouldn't do much good since it's the pokémon doing most of the fighting and getting them blessed would be tricky at best. Or in alternative if in the first proper mp test game everybody ends up spamming assassins all game long, then I'll apply that change.
    -Kingler's HP reduced to 30, crabhammer damage reduced to 4 (so 22 when used by Kingler).
    -Kingler and Horsea get bubblebeam replaced by bubbles.
    -Golduck gets +3 to HP/attack/def/str/precision/combat speed, +1 to MR.
    -Starmie Rider's gold cost changed to 50.
    -For Blastoise, I'm assuming you had given him the Waterfall TM? The cold AoE is probably able to punch through his resistance, so made the respective item give increased cold resistance. Otherwise Bubble beam and Flash Cannon both have the friendlyimmune tag and the other attacks don't have any AoE so I'm not sure what could be harming himself.

Pokémon 0.688

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Does that mean I should cancel my plans to add dominion population kill and blood sacrifice to every pokémon nation too?
    I dunno, popkill could be appropriate if/when you get around to doing a Ghost-centered nation (Lavender Town?) Ooh, I wonder if Abyssia's thing of having reduced impact from Growth/Death scales is accessible to mods.. maybe if you start by having it clone Abyssia and then modify from there.. maybe something like having a line with higher cost than they should, but then having a really generous Death-recruit on them so they become very cheap if you're willing to burn your scales into Death..

Can't really think of anything in existing Pokemon lore where blood sacrifice (or Blood magic in general, really) would be appropriate.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. i still think that the advantage you get in early land is likely more worth than 1-2 early mages.
    Especially when large parts of the pokemon troop line is so strong. The Serpent Assasin is actually a good point of comparison.
    I think that if you send a normally blessed one of those out, and a Maid, then its likely the Maid will survive longer.
    And thats after you spend 5 water gems on gear to the serpent assasin.

-For Blastoise, I'm assuming you had given him the Waterfall TM? The cold AoE is probably able to punch through his resistance, so made the respective item give increased cold resistance. Otherwise Bubble beam and Flash Cannon both have the friendlyimmune tag and the other attacks don't have any AoE so I'm not sure what could be harming himself.
    Im not sure what went on either actually.
    But i had not given it any gear. It was a straight out of the box Blastoise.

Else.
    Ill move on to Vermillion city next.
    At first glance they are making me think that the Pikachu Libre likely need to be increased to size 2.
    Its more in line with their stats. And i think they turn into far to insane grinders if they are allowed to fit 5 into a square.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno, popkill could be appropriate if/when you get around to doing a Ghost-centered nation (Lavender Town?) Ooh, I wonder if Abyssia's thing of having reduced impact from Growth/Death scales is accessible to mods.. maybe if you start by having it clone Abyssia and then modify from there.. maybe something like having a line with higher cost than they should, but then having a really generous Death-recruit on them so they become very cheap if you're willing to burn your scales into Death..
    Most of the unique nation characteristics seem to be available as their own commands. Abyssia in particular has 3 unique dominion abilities, one for ignoring supplies penalty from death scale, other for halved gold income from death/growth, and one for halved population growth modifier from death/scale too.

Ghost city having those along popkill and deathrecruit sounds like an interesting plan.

Can't really think of anything in existing Pokemon lore where blood sacrifice (or Blood magic in general, really) would be appropriate.
    Well some pokémon dex entries do point that certain mons will actively target humans and not necessarily for just food or random destruction. Hypnos kidnap children. Gengars want more ghosts. So there's a basis for one or more LA nations where the pokémon are the masters and humans are the slaves.

Hmm.. i still think that the advantage you get in early land is likely more worth than 1-2 early mages.
    Especially when large parts of the pokemon troop line is so strong. The Serpent Assasin is actually a good point of comparison.
    I think that if you send a normally blessed one of those out, and a Maid, then its likely the Maid will survive longer.
    And thats after you spend 5 water gems on gear to the serpent assasin.
    In the other hand the pokémon assassins are costing 100+gold, the serpent assassin is a much more affordable 75, particular important in early game when gold is tight but gems don't have much use yet.

Im not sure what went on either actually.
    But i had not given it any gear. It was a straight out of the box Blastoise.
    Weird, in particular since I don't recall seeing it when trying out the expanding blastoise.

Was it lots of damage you saw or something minor? While shooting from afar?

Else.
    Ill move on to Vermillion city next.
    At first glance they are making me think that the Pikachu Libre likely need to be increased to size 2.
    Its more in line with their stats. And i think they turn into far to insane grinders if they are allowed to fit 5 into a square.
    I can make them size 2, also gives me an excuse to increase the size of the sprites.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-07-30 at 07:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

In the other hand the pokémon assassins are costing 100+gold, the serpent assassin is a much more affordable 75, particular important in early game when gold is tight but gems don't have much use yet.
    Yes. But i actually think its more relevant that you can pump 2 of them out in a single turn. Thats an expansion force on their own. Even if they spend 3 turns taking a province, then its done without attrition.

Weird, in particular since I don't recall seeing it when trying out the expanding blastoise.

Was it lots of damage you saw or something minor? While shooting from afar?
    It was chip damage, a 8 point hit, from shooting at faraway targets.

I can make them size 2, also gives me an excuse to increase the size of the sprites.
    It will likely at least balance them a little more.

Though when looking at their troop line, i cant help but think they need a little more.
    Their Runners does of course have an absurd 15!?! attacks per square.
    And their Libre chew through just about anything in a thunderstorm.
    But else they are kinda limited when it comes to handling SR enemies.

Maybe give them something more?
    Like a heavy infantry knight flying/floating due to Magmites strapped to his boots/armor?

I were also trying to think of a TSM for Raichu. But im a little stumped there.
    Not certain what it really need. Its already A4, so its going to go places and wreck people with thunderstrikes/air elementals.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. But i actually think its more relevant that you can pump 2 of them out in a single turn. Thats an expansion force on their own. Even if they spend 3 turns taking a province, then its done without attrition.
    Tell you what, I'll give them the 2 RP cost, but remove the increased costs as well. That way they're at least a budget alternative to a mage.

It was chip damage, a 8 point hit, from shooting at faraway targets.
    Still strange. Hydro Pump isn't Aoe and Bubble Beam has #friendlyimmune... Well at least he's not killing himself.

It will likely at least balance them a little more.

Though when looking at their troop line, i cant help but think they need a little more.
    Their Runners does of course have an absurd 15!?! attacks per square.
    And their Libre chew through just about anything in a thunderstorm.
    But else they are kinda limited when it comes to handling SR enemies.

Maybe give them something more?
    Like a heavy infantry knight flying/floating due to Magmites strapped to his boots/armor?
    Oh gods that idea is so awesome that I cannot express myself with simple words, so I've made magnemite riders real.

(also electric guitar now deals more damage in the first strike a la light lance)

Pokemon 0.689 with the above changes applied.

I were also trying to think of a TSM for Raichu. But im a little stumped there.
    Not certain what it really need. Its already A4, so its going to go places and wreck people with thunderstrikes/air elementals.
    As you said, just because we can add TMs to everybody doesn't mean we should add TMs to everybody. If Raichus can kick ass on their own, then there's no problem.