New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121

Default Re: Sands of Fate: With Homebrew

By the time Tide had returned, there was a new member of the group. Slinking around Ferrous’ new goblinoid form, standing at an impressive 4ft in height and measuring an impressive 14ft from head to tail. The grey-furred tiger struck an incredibly intimidating figure, and its presence so near the caravan - around 350ft from where Ferrous had settled as an acceptable distance - alongside Ferrous own, goblinoid form was more than likely putting the fighters on edge. Admittedly, he was off the road and had made no attempts to move directly towards the caravan, so they might not have paid him much attention. Especially as he was behind them and not attempting to overtake them in any way. But Ferrous was not particularly trying to hide his presence, just disguise who he was from them.

Either way, when Tide returned, Ferrous made sure to move and put himself between Tide and the caravan, blocking their line of sight as best he could. The ghost tiger would turn on Tide with a warning growl, but when Ferrous reached out to pat its back, it subsided, simply examining Tide for a few moments, opening its mouth to take in his scent, before turning away and scanning their surroundings as Ferrous listened to the report.

“Well, at least we know where they are,” Ferrous muttered, turning his attention back to the caravan. The apology was, unusual, and it marked Tide as a shapeshifter. Likely the form he was projecting was not his true form, but Ferrous made no remarks on it. Shelving the conversation for a later date as he swiftly calculated the fact that the caravan had put a few minutes before entering the forest. They did not have much time to act... but enough for Ferrous to stop, take a breath, and think. Now that he was closer to the caravan, and had his companion by his side once more. Ferrous was able to calm down, ease the panic that had been grasping him away, and think. Especially as his companion's presence was slowing them down...

“Between Ghost getting their attention and the orges on the move, they'll likely be attacking soon. Toboruk, I suggest you move ahead so you can close the distance to melee range when the fight breaks out. Try to stay at the edges though, and not get drawn into the thick of it.” That was clear and easy, and Ferrous turned away from Toborukafter delivering the order. Either Toborukwould stick around to hear the whole plan, or not. It did not matter at this time. For now, Aralis’ abilities were what he needed. “Lady Aralis, do you possess magic to bring the trees of the forest to our aid?” It was likely quite powerful druidic magic, and he would not be surprised if she answered negatively, especially as she was not focused on the wilds as much as others. “If not, then I suggest we turn the woods against them in a much more direct way.” Here, Ferrous indicated to his bag, saying. “I have a decent amount of alchemical fire with me, but any other means to start a forest fire would be useful.”

Ferrous hoped he could avoid this tactic, or at least, control the fire if necessary. He had no desire to burn down a forest, as while he doubted there were any dryads or other fae of this forest. Ferrous wished to spare the animals of that face. As it was, however... It was the best and most practical tactic he could think of.
    Last edited by MagneticDragon; 2022-09-18 at 05:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

There where two groups in the woods, each ogre no more than 50 feet from the furthers one in their group mostly they are along the road. The two groups probably had about 80 (estimate) feet between the center of one group and the center of the other. Either group could crash down into the caravan with a single charge action.

The two groups are an estimated 300-400 feet into the forested area. It will not take long for the caravan to reach them once inside the woods.

@Puck
    I am going to assume that as they return to hiding, with bows out, and the wolves (both types) move off into the woods again that you decide to return o your group. if not let me know before too long. things are going to change quickly.

@Everyone
    The ghost tiger and the sight on the new goblinoids has caused some commotion among the caravan. You can tell that the caravan masters (the three of them) have noticed a new threat and have slowed the caravan down some. This happens before the scout(s) return to the respective groups.

The last thing the caravan needs is another threat to show up when they are already hunting one down. The 14 ft tiger is hard to miss and harder not to be intimidated by. Hence the slowing down of the caravan.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Toboruk Shellshan
    Should I heed him? Would it decrease my status? Do I even want to lead this campaign? Earlier I was content to distinguish myself on the battlefield under a prexisting company, has that changed? flashes through his mind in the moments after Ferrous's first statement.

A forest fire, is just as likely to kill ours, as much as theirs, unless you possess some means to protect us.

Is he sending me out alone to rid himself of competition?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Sense Motive (1d20+22)[31]

He waits to hear Tide's report before he moves out.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Team Majority Shapechangers

Tide looked curiously at the enormous tiger, but he answered the positions about ogre distribution as best he could first-- they'd been moving around quite a bit, after all. "Still wish I knew what set them off." He scratched repeatedly at his scalp, dislodging a few leaves. "There is no time to use fire, though. The others are in the forest now too."

He gestured towards the wagons ahead. "A bigger problem is that they fear Ghost. Any ideas before the ogres distract them?"

Spoiler: OOC/Active effects/Mechanics
    Show

Currently active:
    Nondetection (DC 24)
    Soulmeld: Claws of the Wyrm
    Altered Shape: Humanoid, Fake Skin, Replicate III: blindsight 60', Replicate V: Regeneration 10/bludgeoning or acid, Aquatic, Outsider

Disguise: 54

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Team Fey [Blanc, Puck, & Yohaan]

He would move out as it was too dangerous for him to keep scouting them and quickly moves back to his group as they differently need a good plan if they going to eithier take out ogres and wolves or figure a way around them. He would fly and end his invisibility before looking at his group and filling them in on all he had seen about the ogres what they wearing the two different types of wolves and everything else including the fact they were well armed and seemed to be organized like a military troop. He would wait to see their thoughts on what he told them and their ideas on the situation and what we as a group can do about it.

@dm

Sorry for delay in posting
    Last edited by niw18; 2022-09-19 at 10:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Puck returns with the news, Blanc's eyebrows furrow.

"Fourteen Ogres and their pet wolf scouts; seven on separate trails; adept at melee and ranged attacks; have thick coats to camouflage in natural terrain and their heavy armors; coordinated and organized. If we target the Ogres in a direct assault, we will show our cards and have our work cut out for us. The problem is how to vex them into slipping what they can do without revealing us and all of our capabilities. Learning something about them other than what we already know counts as a win for us. The sensible course of actions I can think of is making Puck untraceable, have him paint some of them in red, and we harass them from the skies behind the clouds with the same, repetitive long range attacks or area of attacks to separate them since all of us are fliers. Alternatively, we can initiate a direct assault and hope for the other group to intervene to assist us or we can assault the Hellblades from above if they engage with the other group or Caravan. That is a gamble. One that can blow up if it goes bad. These are my suggestions. If any of you have any better ones, feel free to share. By the way, Yohaan, what can you do to lure them to you?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-21 at 12:57 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Toboruk Shellshan
    Seeing that Tide does not seem to be forthcoming on additional actionable intel, he delays his departure no longer.
    He begins walking through the woods, towards the opposition.

Show

Perception [roll]1d20+5[roll]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(Sorry this is so long, this round had a lot in it.)

As you all watch the caravan slow to a halt, a stillness descends upon the area. The silence seems oppressive, but does not last more than a few moments.

The silence is soon shattered by the sound or large plated boots pounding the ground as seven of the Hellblades in a line break through the trees at a dead run. In a brutal, almost guttural battle cry they yell HELLBLADES!

Their feet pound the ground in unison. You almost think they have a drummer pounding the rhythm. They you see they do have a cadence caller. A humanoid much smaller than the ogres follows them from the trees and you catch just a touch of an adrenaline racing tune.

The Ogres appearance causes immediate action in the caravan. The would be heroes pour from the wagons and take up positions forming a line against the incoming charge. The more armored individuals take lead. The more caster types group together behind. You notice there are about two rows of 15 warriors in the lead line and about 10 caster types behind. Some of the casters turn invisible, another uses mirror images. It looks like the casters are going to be sniper support using their spells to target weak points once the combat begins.

The three who matter the most (the ones leading this) wait until the ogres get close then use a wand and turn invisible. BUT they don't leave. They do begin bardic music and the rest of their actions you cannot see.

Seeing the line form the Hellblades react. Their leader begins calling out tactics in what you guess are coded terms. But they wait until they get closer to play their hand. Right before they hit the opposing line they into a 'V' shape where all of the ogres attempt to break through the same point.

The first two ogres attack. The first two of the heroes army hit fall like grass before the scythe, the Ogres then cleave into the second warrior. Dropping them as well, one of the Ogres actually managed to cut the warrior clean in two pieces.

The second two ogres move diagonally to attack the same point of the opposing line. They also use the same tactic and down another three warriors; one attack missed.

The remaining three Ogres use the breach to reach the group of casters that was stationed behind the front line. One of the Ogres is hit while breaching, they don't even react. They do also attack to great effect killing 6 of the casters. However they do not kill the casters closest. They use their reach to kill those behind or futher out. Meaning at the end of their turn they are right next to the remaining four casters.

Those of you with aerial vision notice the wolves are circling around behind the caravan in two groups, each lead by a dire wolf. The bard also has two dire wolves by them.

At the end of the ogres first round; of the fourty-five 'heroes' thirteen are down or dead.

The heroes attempt to collapse upon the Ogres surrounding and enveloping. You think the surviving memebers don't realize how badly this is going yet. But they will soon as four more heroes go down.

Their attacks are near futile against the Hellblades. Seven attacks hit they ogres. But the attacks are minor in damage. Only one Ogre reacts at all as if hit at all.

A blast of energy hits an additional Ogre from somewhere to the side of the caster group. One ogre in the midst of the casters points to where it came from and calls out to the others.

Finally the casters are about to act when they start to scream out. Above the din of battle you manage to hear in a panicked voice "I can't cast!!!" the terror of the casters becomes immediately obvious as two try to cast and are taken down and two run, one of which is taken down.

At the end of the first round, twenty of the so called heroes are down. Seven of the Hellblades have entered combat and the gore and terror is obvious. This is not combat, this is a slaughter. The hellblades are living up to their name.

Spoiler: Mechanics that are obvious
    Show

The ogres ended their last turn 15 feet from the front line.
    They are benefiting, obviously, from
    Bardic music,
    The first four from a charge
    All of them are power attacking
    All of them have cleave,

You notice the final three Ogres didn't miss once, even against the invisible opponents and the one who had mirror images up. It was without fail the right target.

The blast that hit the Ogre looked like it was a warlocks eldritch blast and though it made the Ogre react a little, will not be enough.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yohaan
    Yohaan thinks and cultivate the information, "I can become more noticeable, and general.. combat actions would draw attention." she says with a sense of unsureness. Her hand finds its way to the back other neck, "just, please don't think to much on this." As she finishes her statement, she sucks in a breath of either pain or embarrassment as a charcoal black coloration spreads on her neck, to her face, and her eyes begin to glow a bright white-blue. "It will grow brighter as we set out but--" She is interrupted by the sound of feet pounds and the initiation of battle in the distance, "It would seem the setting out would be better done now rather than later." She says as she turns to the sound
    Yohaan sets out at a lower altitude when the Fey also set out.

Show
    Sry for the lack of posting
    Actions: [Swift]Fuel the Flame with Blood (15), [Standard]Versatile Restoration (5)
    Spoiler: StatBlock
    Show
    Yohaan, The Whitefire LilyGenderless NG Changeling Spellfire Adapt 9, Level 9, Init 3, HP 69+15thp/69, Speed 40ft
    AC 18, Touch 18, Flat-footed 15, Fort 11, Ref 9, Will 11, Base Attack Bonus +4.5, Spellfire Energy levels SfEL: 35 normal, 7 wellspring 42/20 total (Tier 2)
    Vital Shot fighting style Spellfire ([ranged touch attack]) +9 ([x]d6+x, x2)
    assuming thrown regular Gauntlet Dagger (5/day, create a +3 dagger) +8 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2)
    assuming melee and +3 enchantment Gauntlet Dagger (same as above) +7 (1d4+7, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex, +5 Misc)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition Spellfire Techniques depicted in stats
    Spellfire Protection (5 SfEL)
    Spellfire Resistance (5 SfEL)
    Versatile Restoration (5 SfEL) +15 Temp HP

Tier 2 Spellfire Energy Levels
    Skin Glows like a Candle, Eyes glow Brightly. contact causes 1d4 SfEL will disperse, and light effect targets object touched, Backfire save 1/hr

Equipment Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shiftweave: MIC pg 133
    [--] Outfits
    [+] Plain commoner (https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d5/5c/62/d...f0d4b3c8b7.jpg)
    [+] Casual City - Aristocratic (https://64.media.tumblr.com/c92fd058...cb878c4213.jpg)
    [+] Traveling (https://i.pinimg.com/474x/9c/64/ce/9...73a7d41a74.jpg)
    [+] Wild one (https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/19353...0&vertical=top)
    [+] Casual Travel (https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1642087899)
    Ring of Spell-Battle: MIC pg 127
    [+] Sensory: Automatically aware of spellcasting that occurs within 60ft of me, allowing me to attempt Spellcraft (DC15+SL) to identify spell being cast (even if not seen)
    [+] 1/day, immediate action (mental), after successfully identifying a spell in the aforementioned manner, active ring to counterspell as if with dispel magic, or change the target of the spell to any target with 60ft of me. [don't pick illegal targets]
    Ring of Sustenance: DMG 233
    [+] always Nourished
    [+] 2 hrs of sleep gives 8hrs of rest
    Boots of Agile leaping and landing: MIC 76&77
    [+] when falling, always land on feet (not prone)
    [+] take 2 less dice of falling damage than normal
    [+] Jump using Dex mod instead of Str
    [+] Stand from Prone as a swift action w/out provoking AoO
    Vanisher's Cloak: MIC pg145
    [+] 4/day invisible for 4 rounds
    Belt of Handy Haversack:
    [+] Hand haversack (DMH pg259) as a belt
    Enduring Amulet: MIC pg97
    [+] Constant Endure Elements
    [+] 3/day, gain resistance to cold and fire based on uses used at one
    Gauntlet of Infinite Blades + Extended Range: MIC pg103 and 101
    [+] ranged attack at double range
    [+] create mundane dagger in hand, goes away after 3 rounds
    [+] 5/day, create +3 dagger

Misc items
    Wand of Prestidigitation: minor magic stick (basically just for fun)
    Magic Bedroll: (MIC pg163) endure elements while sleeping, heal 9 extra hp on a rest
    Everlasting Rations: (MIC pg160) 1 days' worth of trail rations for a medium creature (I don't need it, but someone migt)
    Everfull Mug: (MIC pg160) 3/day 12 ounces of water/ale/wine (again, I don't need it, but someone might)
    Blessed Bandages (MIC pg152] 15; Stabilize target (probably makes minor wounds not as painful either)

Last edited by D&DPrinceTandem; 2022-09-23 at 03:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

10. - Top - End - #130

“Huh? No? No one else is in the forest but them?” Ferrous said, genuinely confused as he turned to look back at the caravan, which had been slowing down before they entered the forest and got ambushed from all sides. That was good, at the very least, it gave them a better chance to fight and survive the fight if the orcs came from one direction. Yet at the same time, Ferrous couldn’t help but be concerned. They were brave, yes, but they weren’t that skilled, and Ferrous did not trust ‘Anwar’ or his compatriots in the slightest. They needed to interrupt them, needed to affect the battle before it started, otherwise, things were going to go to hell.

... Except, their time was up.

All of this arguing and planning and discussing. All of this impulsive ‘I’m gonna scout ahead’ without waiting for a plan to be put in place. The complete lack of communication and the utter lack of leadership had eaten away at the time they had to act. The possibilities they had of stopping the caravan and preventing the slaughter had been thrown away carelessly and needlessly. Too much concern about doing the right thing that they did nothing in the end.

As soon as Ferrous heard the singing, as soon as he heard that roar. He knew they had failed. All they could do now... was watch their failure play out before their very eyes. Adrenaline shot through his body, the shuriken he had been casually fiddling with as he talked doing its job and accelerating his reaction times as he spun around on the spot and sprinted towards the caravan as the Orges charged out of the forest, covering most of the ground between himself and the caravan in an instant before he came skidding to a halt, grabbing his bow even as Ghost charged up from behind. This rapid reaction meant that even as the initial charge came to its end, Ferrous had an arrow on his bow, drawing it back to fire.

He was not the most skilled of archers, he was not a fighter by nature or learning. But practice and experience helped steady his aim now. His breathing steady as he located his target. Not any of the charging orges, he doubted his arrows could do much against them. The caravan was on their own there, but the cadence caller, the humanoid that was urging them only, likely with bardic music of their own... that was who Ferrous would aim at. Two arrows set on their way, soaring through the sky towards their target... and then, the carnage began.

Ferrous growled as Ghost caught up, feeling helpless, and unwilling to call out to the caravan, to invite them towards him, to retreat, as with no coherent aid save Ghost. Without anyone to keep him safe as he used his bow or alchemical items, Ferrous simply didn’t feel confident enough to get mixed into the fight or draw it towards him. Instead, he simply drew his next two arrows and sent them on their way.

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show
    Assuming I understand the OOC correctly.

Round 1: Sprint as a Full-Round Action, closing the distance between Ferrous and the caravan/fight sight by 240 feet. Drawing my longbow as a free action thanks to Quick Draw

Round's 2 & 3: Full-Attack against the humanoid figure hanging back. All of these attacks take a -1 penalty per 100-foot distance.

Attack 1 - (1d20+12)[17] Damage - (1d8+1)[9]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+12)[21] Damage - (1d8+1)[3]

Attack 3 - (1d20+12)[21] Damage - (1d8+1)[5]
    Attack 4 - (1d20+12)[26] Damage - (1d8+1)[3]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Combat
    Show

Aralis
    Round 1-3: Run (120 x3 or 360 feet. Arriving just at the end of round 3, with 10 ft of move to spare)

Callen
    Round 1-3: Run (120 x3 or 360 feet. Arriving just at the end of round 3, with 10 ft of move to spare)
    Ferrous (initiative 23)
    Round 1 Run (120 feet)
    Spoiler: Round 2& 3 Shoot
    Show

You said you where moving for one full round, that would be 4x30 ft = 120 ft. but you said you moved 240 feet? Did I miss something?

Secondly
    The singer is 100 feet behind the Ogres line. this makes them 490 feet total away from your starting distance (350 to caravan+40 to front of caravan/fight + 100 feet behind the Ogres). you would be 370 feet away= 3 range increments

Lastly
    range incraments are -2 you said you had a -1, How?

Will hold off to respond to how your attacks go, if you are at 3 range increments with a -6 penalty that changes a lot.

Toboruk
    Blanc (initiative 9)
    Round 1-3: Run (???)
    Spoiler: problem
    Show
    For some reason I cannot view your sheet with the old link I have, can you send me a new link or allow me access?
    Was going to check your move but I have no idea now

Tide
    Run (flying at 60 ft, you will cover the distance in time to watch the first round of combat unfold. You can change your position as desired because you are there early)
    Yohaan (Initiative 9)
    Round 1-3 (spellfire then fly 90, total 270 ft moved. You will be 80 ft from being above the combat assuming you want to go down to draw attention and probably have neen slowly over those rounds I would say you are more like 90 feet total from combat)
    Puck
    Round 1-3 Run (60 ft fly, 240 per round. You could be anywhere on the map. Please remember that invisibility is not so useful as normal, flying thought them without regard could have very dire consequences.)

@everyone
    Ogre initiative 14(Ok roll)
    Caravan initiative 9 (low roll)
    Anyone who has no initiative please post one
    Map forthcoming. Again will be estimates to start, no panic. Also I am trying to keep the map simple Will try to use character pics on it for easy reference.

12. - Top - End - #132

AssassinGuy

"The caravan decided for us."

Shifting into Frozen Technique Stance, Blanc raises her altitude to match Yohaan and follows 30 ft behind her. She prioritizes foliage of the forest or any nearby cover. When the Ogres moves to target Yohaan, she blasts them with frigid air.

Show
    Knowledge Devotion (Ogres): (1d20+16)[29]

Knowledge Devotion (Wolves): (1d20+16)[25]

Knowledge Devotion (Dire Wolves): (1d20+16)[33]

Knowledge Devotion (Ghost Tiger): (1d20+16)[17]

Attack Pending until targets of her attack confirmed.

Enemies within 30 ft must make will saves (DC 23) or be shaken (dazed if failed by 5/stunned if failed by 10) for 1 round. Her group and the other group are excluded from the aura.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-25 at 10:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Toboruk Shellshan advances as requested.
    He takes off at a sprint, and is mildly surprised as Ferrous outpaces him by double.
    Where the other stops, he keeps going, his art of cutting being limited in range.
    Show

Init: (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2022-09-25 at 10:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Right. Going in? Stay focused on the bandits, not any other weird stuff that shows in the battle, alright? And sing out if you spot weak points; I am pants at that." As everyone started rushing towards the group, Tide nodded in approval, particularly at the brilliant light moving closer from his flank. Good to know the others were here too; it looked like the original band would be basically meat on the chopping block. So many deaths... Well, what was done was done; no one could raise the dead. But there were still some alive! He lunged forwards, the lines of his hulking frame falling inwards and fading away as if removed by an eraser.
    A very large eraser.

Spoiler: If you can see invisibility AND pass a DC 24 caster level check, you further see...
    Show
    Tide's body narrowed to a fine point, shooting forward like a gnat and coming to rest near the ogres, in between the Hellblades and those attacking them from range. Then his form expanded, flowing outwards like a cloud, leaving the oversized one-armed humanoid suspended above the battlefield and bobbing slightly, like some kind of parade float with an arm made of blue fire. At this size his limbs were definitely less "human" and more "draconic claws."

Any of the Hellblades attempting to press further forward were met with a heavy blow from seemingly nowhere, an enormous concussive force trying to slam them into the ground with bone-breaking impacts across their bodies.

Show

Initiative: (1d20+5)[6]

En route, he's small and invisible. Stealth: (1d20+47)[64] Penalized for high-speed flight.

On arrival, he shifts to an enormous size and positions himself so that Hellblades will need to provoke attacks of opportunity to change positions by more than 5', particularly if they want to close with the rest of the party. Note that he still appears humanoid-- just very big. His total reach is 30' right now. He's still invisible; why spoil the surprise?

He can make up to six attacks of opportunity each round. Each one uses this statblock (just use these rolls for the first one).
    Attack (vs flat-footed AC and with a +2 bonus if the target can't see him): (1d20+18)[26]
    Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): [roll]2d6+14+1d12[/roll]
    Targets must make a DC 24 Reflex save or be dazed for 1 round.
    Strength check for free Trip attempt which does not allow for counterattack if the attack lands: (1d20+18)[28]

Currently active:
    Nondetection (DC 24)
    Fake Skin, Extend Limbs, Wings, Replicate III: Trip, Replicate IV: Invisible in Light, Huge

Disguise: 54

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

@ferrous
    The first attack misses, however the other 3 *could* hit. You have a 50% miss chance. Please check your miss chance. 51-100% is a hit,
    @Blanc
    Are you moving close to the Ogres? I thought you where staying away. Your cone blast (180 ft) would strike allies/NPCs.
    @Tide
    You invisibility does not really work against them. Once you expand in size they know exactly where you are. They have a range of 10 feet.
    What is enormous? Huge? Colossal?

16. - Top - End - #136

Yohaan
    "Stay safe and.. don't die please" the changeling says in a hurry to Blanc as she takes hold of the pixie. Speeding of at a rate few mortals will experience, weaving dexterously through branches and trunks, Yohaan looks down to Puck, who she has pulled to her chest, unsure on how fast the fey could fly and not wanting to pull his arm of, "You too little one, the world would be a lot less bright without someone like you innit." she lightly presses her now blue white glowing finger into his chest, a sense similar to what he may have felt near a warm fire in a cozy corner of the northern fey world. She lets him go to set off in another direction, she herself still in motion traveling towards the sounds of stomping feet and "battle". Pick up even more incredible speed her cloak flaps vigorously as flames seem to dance like loose feathers along the length of the fabrics. A flash of a dark memory slows Yohaan for a moment, no, now I'm fighting to save, not to hurt Yohaan tells the cold feelings of fear and regret that began to form in her chest. She calls upon her magical arsenal for a blade, which readily emerges from a flame in the palm of her hand. She clutches it in both of here hands as the massacre unfolds around a tree trunk. The hurdling changeling catches the splash of a solider innards and bloods to the face as the target ogre swipes its stomach clean open. One eye closed she dives feet first, doing her best to align the tip of her dagger with the ogre's left eye as she yells "SGHATHRA MOR-MATHILKIC, ASHGASH MAEN THRAK" which, to the ugly creature meant "you will pay for that, you son of an Orc!" in the Giant's tongue. Though, given that it is not very smart to yell while charging, the Ogre ducks to the right just in time, so instead of the Orge's brain becoming a boiling mess, the hood to it's verdant cloak is seared by sheer vicinity to the flaming blade.
    Yohaan, accepting the miss as it is, spins in place to negate the entirety of her momentum while simultaneously catching the quickly cooling body of the poor soldier in her right arm and lowering the body to the floor. Her gaze lingers on the body for a moment, a true burial will be given to all the fallen today, she vows to herself secretly. She sets an unyielding gaze upon the Monsters as her grip on the dagger tightens as she raises her arms and the blade in a meager yet firm defense for the coming onslaught.

Show
    I expect death in Yohaan's near future.

Also, unlike the rest of the Party, Yohaan still values the lives of the Heroes Army, every death will be meaningful to her character development (should she get the opportunity to develop that is ) Others may be trying to gain strategic knowledge abt the Hellblades, but Yohaan's current mission is to mitigate casualties.
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/155fZT4egtE2-I73i9SjnWu5kh7ERCSEX/view?usp=sharing

That is a map that you can hopefully find useful.

Aralis - Running (you will reach them on rd 4)
    Callen - Running (you will reach them on rd 4)
    Ferrous - your first attack misses. your second should have hit but seemed to pass through the bard. but the third and 4th both hit solidly. (8 Damage total) after watching the bard you can tell that the bard has up a displacement effect. at this distance with displacement your confidence in attacks drops significantly. but you did draw blood so that is not to be underestimated.
    Toboruk - Running (you will reach them on rd 4)
    Blanc - flying, as you approach you notice that the ogres are mixed with others who you would prefer not to kill, you may need to adjust your strategy. (you can also act at the end of round 3
    Tide - flying ( Also I need to know your stealth total in your new size and if you can hide in plain site as darkstalker specifically does not do that.)
    Yohaan - Your attack does not go unnoticed. the leader looks at you and you see through the eyelets and into the eyes of the monster that murder is a task to which this monster ascribes great pleasure. You almost assuredly are the next source of of such enjoyment.
    Puck - Flying, need more information (you can act at the end of round 3)

@ everyone
    I will be waiting for players to finish their choices for this round before moving on.

Also I recommend that someone let the NPCs know that you are not here as their enemy, maybe give them some direction. their leadership seems to not be thinking of anyone else but themselves.

18. - Top - End - #138

Yohaan
    The Changeling floats, looking over the ogres "Do not become the unknowns that die a graven death Heroes! Be the legend's who live for the light of the morrow! Fight if not for your own life but for the life of those to your left and right, and may your feet move quickly from thus place!" she yells, placing as much passion and sincerity as she could muster, in the hopes that her voice can save at least a few.

Spoiler: OOC..?
    Show
    Some kind of Charisma check to convince them that Leaving will not strip them of their honor as warriors?
    (1d20+4)[19] edit: +2 diplomacy check 21 total
    Please dice gods just this once...
    Last edited by D&DPrinceTandem; 2022-09-28 at 12:48 AM.
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Recalled, leaving the post to avoid stuff becoming confusing
    Show

Toboruk Shellshan
    That is the voice of the alleged healer, suggesting the course of action most likely to result in disaster. I wonder if that is battlefield ignorance or intent.

A brief look at the battlefield as he arrives, makes it clear that there is an orge on the right part of the forward line that is unopposed.

This will be my first opponent
    Toboruk approaches, drawing his blade and declares in a level tone to the ogre:
    I am Toboruk Shellshan, what are you called?

He gives the ogre a full 2 seconds to speak before he makes his cut.
    His blade glows bright green, and the blade does not even appear to scratch the ogres armor.

Show

Move action to the right ogre (relative to Toboruk)
    Swift Action: Initiate Nobel blade (+10 to hit, +20 to weapon damage)
    Non-Action: Expend Psionic Focus (Deep Impact Feat), attack is a touch attack
    Non-Action: Power attack for -9
    Standard Action: Initiate Rising Jade Strike

Att: (1d20+25)[31] (Sense Motive 22, Weapon Enhancement 2, Nobel Blade 10, Power Attack -9) Vs Touch AC *
    Dmg: (4d6+88)[99] (2d6 Weapon, +2 Enhancement, +4 Strength, +18 Power Attack, + 20 Nobel Blade)*2 (Rising Jade Strike)

Last edited by Novabomb; 2022-09-30 at 05:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

@ Yohaan

You please to save themselves are heard, however, the Ogres will be going first next round. you may save some but there are things that could happen to change the lay of the land before then.

@Toboruk
    I believe you will have to hold this action until 4th round as you all out ran for the first three. I am still waiting for final actions from Blanc (who may use an AoE), and Tide (who flew fast enough to attack on rd 3 but after the Ogres. Once I get those actions we can apply your action at the appropriate time.

Also you are 30 ft away, your move is 20 so you must charge. on a charge you must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent. This will net you two, AoOs. One from the leader and one from the Ogre you are attacking. You can take this action, but you will have to go through their attacks to make your own. (Ogres with greatswords do have a 10 ft range). Please remember, they are wielding greatswords and have power attack. With bardic bonus, with magic...

if you choose to alter your action, and attack the leader I will make you roll again (I do not let players see a roll then say "Sorry I'm going to use that to hit the leader instead.) I know it was a fair roll, and I know you are not trying to be dishonest. but as a policy that attack was for a specific Ogre at a specific time. (your next action.)

Just be aware of exactly what you are getting into. These are not normal Ogres.
    Last edited by Dieuoffire; 2022-09-28 at 11:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

@Dieuoffire

OOC- wait, to be 100% clear, are you saying Tide got to his space on round 2 and now has a turn's worth of actions before round 3 ends?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cassus View Post
    @Dieuoffire

OOC- wait, to be 100% clear, are you saying Tide got to his space on round 2 and now has a turn's worth of actions before round 3 ends?
    Yes,

@Blanc
    If you go this round that will change your initiative until after the Ogres on subsequent rounds per holding your action rules. or you can just go next round. (you don't get to go at the end and then go again at the beginning. Holding actions has rules.)

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tide charged into position just in time to watch from close range as the battlefield below erupted into blood, brain matter and severed limbs flying everywhere as the ogres mowed through the "army of heroes" as if they were merely wading through tall grass. It was more gore than he'd ever seen in one place, and for a moment he froze.

Then one of the ogres leaned back and pointed right at him. The invisible blimp-sized humanoid snapped back into alertness. He expected to be seeing red, but really it was a lot more brown and gray-- mud, blood exposed to the air, ogre skin, cheap leather armor, expensive leather armor... So not the rumored 'seeing red.' But he was undoubtedly angry.

Spoiler: If you can see invisibility AND pass a DC 24 caster level check if doing it magically, you further see...
    Show
    Tide's rugged, tanned, windburned skin dissolved, steaming off to reveal masses of disjointed, conflicting muscle fibers arranged across a long, serpentine cylinder that ended in a pair of enormous blue-purple eyes with a leather hood fluttering around them. Twisted bands of ethereal something twisted out of it, grasping at the air. What was one fleshy arm and one soulfire limb split, then split again. The eyes narrowed, naked fury leaking from them... possibly not metaphorically... and the arms split again. Arms of scarlet cytoplasm, cobalt fire, and tangible will rained down blows on the ogres below.

To those without supernal senses, though, the ogres simply staggered for no apparent reason. Some did more than stagger.

Show

Swift: Claws of the Beast (1 hour)
    Full-Round: Full Attack the non-leader ogres. Each time an ogre fails its save vs daze or drops unconscious, all following attacks are directed at another ogre in reach, starting in the top-right corner (of the five that are in reach) and proceeding clockwise from there.
    On all attacks, struck targets must make a DC 25 Reflex save or be dazed for 1 round. If a target fails this save, proceed to the next!
    Attack 1 (Beast): (1d20+19)[25] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): (2d6+15)[20]+(1d12-2)[6] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 2 (Beast): (1d20+19)[30] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): (2d6+15)[23]+(1d12-2)[-1] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 3 (Wyrm): (1d20+19)[22] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): (3d6+15)[28]+(1d12-2)[9] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 4 (Wyrm): (1d20+19)[31] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): (3d6+15)[27]+(1d12-2)[5] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 5 (Flesh): (1d20+19)[39] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): (4d6+15)[25]+(1d12-2)[7] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 6 (Flesh): (1d20+19)[31] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): (4d6+15)[35]+(1d12-2)[10] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 7 (Flesh): (1d20+19)[23] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): (4d6+15)[28]+(1d12-2)[6] (minimum 1 on this roll)

He can also make attacks of opportunity with the same numbers as the (Flesh) attacks.

Currently active:
    Nondetection (DC 24)
    Claws of the Beast (1hr): size 1d4
    Extra Limbs (+2 limbs), Extend Limbs, Giant, Replicate IV: Invisible in Light, Huge, Wings

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Confirming the crit:
    Attack 5 (Flesh): (1d20+19)[34] to confirm for additional Damage: (4d6+15)[27]

25. - Top - End - #145

AssassinGuy

Or that was what her mind visualized. Knowing her ice will destroy everything around her, provoking potential allies and causing casualties, Blanc finds a middle ground between her drafted plan and the plan suggested by Yohaan. Using the trees as cover, she positions herself 30 ft above the ground and 45 ft from Yohaan, angling herself in a way that her next assault only affect the nearest Ogres and their pets. She proceeds to blast the Ogre that changeling attacked with a blast of ice.

Show
    Expend a use of Winter Inspiration to blast the Ogre Yohaan attack with an Undulation Ray.

Ranged Touch: (1d20+15)[32]

Cold Damage: (9d4+3)[31]

If hit, inflicts -7 dex penalty to the target for 3 rounds.

Knowledge (Nature) to get info on Hellblade Ogres: (1d20+16)[19]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Tide charged into position just in time to watch from close range as the battlefield below erupted into blood, brain matter and severed limbs flying everywhere as the ogres mowed through the "army of heroes" as if they were merely wading through tall grass. It was more gore than he'd ever seen in one place, and for a moment he froze.

Then one of the ogres leaned back and pointed right at him. The invisible blimp-sized humanoid snapped back into alertness. He expected to be seeing red, but really it was a lot more brown and gray-- mud, blood exposed to the air, ogre skin, cheap leather armor, expensive leather armor... So not the rumored 'seeing red.' But he was undoubtedly angry.

Spoiler: If you can see invisibility AND pass a DC 24 caster level check if doing it magically, you further see...
    Show
    Tide's rugged, tanned, windburned skin dissolved, steaming off to reveal masses of disjointed, conflicting muscle fibers arranged across a long, serpentine cylinder that ended in a pair of enormous blue-purple eyes with a leather hood fluttering around them. Twisted bands of ethereal something twisted out of it, grasping at the air. What was one fleshy arm and one soulfire limb split, then split again. The eyes narrowed, naked fury leaking from them... possibly not metaphorically... and the arms split again. Arms of scarlet cytoplasm, cobalt fire, and tangible will rained down blows on the ogres below.

To those without supernal senses, though, the ogres simply staggered for no apparent reason. Some did more than stagger.

Show

Swift: Claws of the Beast (1 hour)
    Full-Round: Full Attack the non-leader ogres. Each time an ogre fails its save vs daze or drops unconscious, all following attacks are directed at another ogre in reach, starting in the top-right corner (of the five that are in reach) and proceeding clockwise from there.
    On all attacks, struck targets must make a DC 25 Reflex save or be dazed for 1 round. If a target fails this save, proceed to the next!
    Attack 1 (Beast): damage - (2d6+12)[20] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): damage - (2d6+12)[21]+damage - (2d6+11)[19] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 2 (Beast): damage - (2d6+11)[21] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): damage - (2d6+11)[17]+damage - (2d6+11)[20] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 3 (Wyrm): damage - (2d6+11)[18] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): damage - (2d6+11)[21]+damage - (2d6+11)[22] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 4 (Wyrm): damage - (2d6+11)[19] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): damage - (2d6+11)[21]+damage - (2d6+11)[19] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 5 (Flesh): damage - (2d6+11)[18] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): damage - (2d6+11)[19]+[roll14] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 6 (Flesh): [roll15] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): [roll16]+[roll17] (minimum 1 on this roll)
    Attack 7 (Flesh): [roll18] for Damage (piercing/slashing/magic): [roll19]+[roll20] (minimum 1 on this roll)

He can also make attacks of opportunity with the same numbers as the (Flesh) attacks.

Currently active:
    Nondetection (DC 24)
    Claws of the Beast (1hr): size 1d4
    Extra Limbs (+2 limbs), Extend Limbs, Giant, Replicate IV: Invisible in Light, Huge, Wings
    The Ogres are not ready for Tide's onslaught, most the strikes land dealing only minor damage but the strike dazes most all of the Ogres save the leader and one other.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Attacks 3 and 7 miss. you hit five ogres and daze 5 ogres.
    Saves: Against DC 24 (you HD rounds down in D&D for DCs)
    (1d20+7)[18]
    (1d20+7)[18]
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d20+7)[21]
    (1d20+7)[23]

Wow that is a powerful ability. I should have looked at it better. Daze is almost impossible to stop. For now however it is allowed. But you did just make their #1 target spot.

Confirming the crit:
    Attack 5 (Flesh): damage - (2d6+12)[20] to confirm for additional Damage: damage - (2d6+12)[21]
    noted

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Or that was what her mind visualized. Knowing her ice will destroy everything around her, provoking potential allies and causing casualties, Blanc finds a middle ground between her drafted plan and the plan suggested by Yohaan. Using the trees as cover, she positions herself 30 ft above the ground and 45 ft from Yohaan, angling herself in a way that her next assault only affect the nearest Ogres and their pets. She proceeds to blast the Ogre that changeling attacked with a blast of ice.

Show
    Expend a use of Winter Inspiration to blast the Ogre Yohaan attack with an Undulation Ray.

Ranged Touch: damage - (2d6+12)[20]

Cold Damage: damage - (2d6+12)[21]

If hit, inflicts -7 dex penalty to the target for 3 rounds.

Knowledge (Nature) to get info on Hellblade Ogres: damage - (2d6+11)[19]
    The Ogre leader takes the Fridged Blast and the cold seeps into him
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

You hit. The Ogre leader takes damage and has a dex penalty, (Is there a save for that? Thought we discussed one.)

The Ogre leader then gives a beastal howl. and points in the air (Free action, pointing towards where Tide is)

A half a moment later you two things happen. you get an answer to "where are the other Ogres"; Which answer is 'hiding in the trees with bows readied.' And several arrows fly through the air towards Tide.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show

They have been holding their action to strike when the leader calls for it. (Which he just did) the second group of Ogres in the tree line become visible as they step out and shoot.

@Tide I assume your AC on your sheet does not account for your new size modifier? with that in mind they are attacking (Ac 20?)
    Second group leader (Magic/Piercing)
    [roll=attack]1d20+15[/dice]damage - (2d6+12)[20]
    [roll=attack2]1d20+10[/dice]damage - (2d6+12)[21]

Ogres (Piercing)
    [roll=attack]1d20+13[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[19]
    [roll=attack2]1d20+8[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[21]

[roll=attack]1d20+13[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[17]
    [roll=attack2]1d20+8[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[20]

[roll=attack]1d20+13[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[18]
    [roll=attack2]1d20+8[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[21]

[roll=attack]1d20+13[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[22]
    [roll=attack2]1d20+8[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[19]

[roll=attack]1d20+13[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[21]

[roll=attack]1d20+13[/dice]damage - (2d6+11)[18]

Last edited by Dieuoffire; 2022-09-29 at 11:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Fixing that last one
    Show

attack - (1d20+15)[33]
    attack2 - (1d20+10)[24]

Ogres (Piercing)
    attack - (1d20+13)[20]
    attack2 - (1d20+8)[14]

attack - (1d20+13)[33]
    attack2 - (1d20+8)[13]

attack - (1d20+13)[22]
    attack2 - (1d20+8)[27]

attack - (1d20+13)[19]
    attack2 - (1d20+8)[16]

attack - (1d20+13)[15]
    attack2 - (1d20+8)[23]

attack - (1d20+13)[14]
    attack2 - (1d20+8)[24]

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Result
    Show

Leader hits both (20+21 damage)
    #1 hits with 1st (19 damage)
    #2 hits with 1st (17 damage)
    #3 hits with both (18+21 damage)
    #4 both miss
    #5 hits 2nd (19 damage)
    #6 hits 2nd (19 damage)

DR5/Hardness? not sure what the hardness is but any DR 5/x will lower the damage by a lot.

Correction, I believe they are at range, (-2) This means that the First Arrow did not hit! Leaving 100 damage total after DR. (100 damage puts you Unconscious. Your fast healing will help you get back up. I do not recommend you attempting Toe-To-toe against their leader however. you may find him much harder to fight. (And he does more damage than you could take.)

When Tide goes Unconscious does he change back to something? Or randomly mutate?

@Toboruk
    The Ogre that you would charge is now Dazed, you may if you would like charge and get just one AoO.

Spoiler: THIS NOW ENDS ROUND 3
    Show

Tide is down, will heal.
    5 out of 7 close Ogres are dazed, 7 Ogres still remain in the forest line.
    Initiative is

Ferrous 23
    Toboruk 19
    Ogres 14
    Blanc 9
    Yohaan 9
    Caravan 9 (Will probably be running.)
    Callen 8
    Puck ? (Need This)
    Aralis? (Need This)

Also everyone, on the map there are Alpha-Numeric(s) in grey these are location marker. that way we can move from Ab10 to AC9 and everyone knows where you are. just an FYI.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Show
    Safe by an inch!
    He has Hardness 5-- the DR field was the only place to note it.
    You are correct about AC 20. That -2 does prevent exactly 14 damage, making it 100 even. Huh, what are the odds?
    He auto-changes half of his shapes at the start of each turn. Hagunemnon is interesting in that it doesn't have a "true form," just a lot of shapes.

Actually, now that I recheck it, it says he must change at the start of each turn as a free action. So does he stay stable because he can't take actions or does the fact that he must take the action make it happen while he's unconscious?
    I could get behind the random change as well, from a flavor perspective, but nothing about that in the mechanics.

No need to rush-- it doesn't matter this time around because he'll heal to exactly 1hp above 0 at the start of his turn, initiative 6.

Questions
    - How is the brigade of archers positioned? Clustered together just inside the forest, or spread out in an arc, etc?
    - You mentioned Tide doing not much damage-- did it feel like he hit DR or just they have a lot of HP?
    - Also-- the DC really was 25; the Giant shape gives +2 strength.
    Last edited by Cassus; 2022-09-30 at 12:43 AM. Reason: added questions

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Toboruk Shellshan
    That is the voice of the alleged healer, suggesting the course of action most likely to result in disaster. I wonder if that is battlefield ignorance or intent.

A brief look at the battlefield as he arrives makes it clear that the leader is the only one in a state to speak at the moment

This will be my first opponent
    Toboruk approaches, drawing his blade and declares in a level tone to the ogre:
    I am Toboruk Shellshan, what are you called hellblade?

He gives the ogre leader a full 2 seconds to speak before he makes his cut.
    His blade glows bright green, and the blade does not even appear to scratch the ogres armor.

Show

Move action to the leader ogre (relative to Toboruk)
    Swift Action: Initiate Nobel blade (+10 to hit, +20 to weapon damage)
    Non-Action: Expend Psionic Focus (Deep Impact Feat), attack is a touch attack
    Non-Action: Power attack for -9
    Standard Action: Initiate Rising Jade Strike

Att: (1d20+26)[31] (Sense Motive 22, Weapon Enhancement 2, Nobel Blade 10, Power Attack -8) Vs Touch AC *
    Dmg: (4d6+84)[96] (2d6 Weapon, +2 Enhancement, +4 Strength, +16 Power Attack, + 20 Nobel Blade)*2 (Rising Jade Strike)

(AC vs Aoos is 28 at the moment)