New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

[Outside AMEN]

The winged being tilts her head as the robed man suddenly appears. He must have felt their presence, was this usual in this realm? Was he a god, a demon? A misma-user? He wore a robe, and offered healing, so perhaps he was a cleric of some sort. he certainly sounded like one. Either that or a god.
    "Your assistance is welcome, oh holy one, but I can handle this." She declares and then bends down to kiss Luvon on the forehead. If he doesn't protest at this unusual method of healing, he will feel a strong relaxed sensation as all the pain washes away and his wounds heal.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside AMEN

The robed man chuckles. I can assure you that I am far from holy. What is a name you would know me by? The Greeks once called me Kharon, I suppose that will do.

It was a pleasure making both of your acquaintances, but I must be off. I had a meeting. Good Day.
    with that, he turns around, and the rowboat and the man disappear.

AMEN

The Robed man appears again, seeming to have more of a sad posture than before. Ferrying mortals used to be such a distracting pastime before all of this technology and magic became widespread. Ah well, can't have them all. As much as I'd want to.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-05-24 at 08:06 AM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Temple Assault - United

The final stretch is relatively clear, as they can see that the majority of the free space being occupied by the enormous dragon that attacked them earlier, it's long body circling around the walls, the floor and the ceiling. It's two dimensional eye staring at the drones as they move towards the door as if it was waiting for something.

Then they blast the door, and out comes a flood of water that crashes down the corridor.

Inside the throne room, the water levels suddenly drops as the doors are blasted open and the drones are standing on the other side.

Steve might need to avoid the doors or he'll get them toppled right over him as they come crashing down from their hinges. However, he will also notice that his circle of magic is causing the very water that he was waist deep in to hiss and disperse as if he was Moses at the red sea. The water demon does the same, now just circling him like a demented shark.

Felandria and Wenomir will find the two demons easily dealt with as their skulls are crushed and skewered by the two of them. However, at the walls which still are pouring out water, the haunting images of monsters have started to appear. The drones, and A-2, will recognize them as the wall demons who must have followed them inside the throne room and they are still not appearing very happy with the intruders in their domain.

Luvon disappears in a flash of light along with the winged woman.

[Outside AMEN]

Luvon will appear some distance from the temple, near a small forest along with the winged being. "There, you should be safe out here, great warrior."
    Then she appear to notice his wound, that demon took quite a bite out of his foot. "You're wounded... you must let me heal you, a humanoid like you could bleed to death with that wound."
    Steve hits the deck to allow the others to get through and yells to Luvon "Luvon, tell the winged lady to hurry back. I can't hold up this circle forever and I don't want any casualties in this extraction."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

4. - Top - End - #1474

AMEN

As the robed man comes back,he can see a man waiting for him with the form in hand. The man appears to be in his late 20ties, wearing jeans, a **** and gloves. His whole appereance is rather normal.

"Ah, you returned." he sais. "Not a good first impression to run away. Follow me, we will head for a more private room for the interview."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN Main Room

The robed man follows the man in silence, just rowing his canoe with vigor.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

6. - Top - End - #1476

[Office]

They take a walk through the hallways. The robed man should soon notice that there is no real organisation in the layout. Yet the man leading him seems to go straght for a room.

"Leave your boat outside if possible." he says and goes in. He takes the place behind a big desk and offers the free seat in fron of the desk.

"So you are a Deity? I guess a minor, since I can't belive a major would join anywhere. What's your reason to join AMEn? To be bored means you did something, why did it start to get on your nerves?"

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Office

The robed man puts the paddle upon the white canoe, and both disappear. He then takes the seat opposite to the interviewer

Over the past few millennia I lay in hiding from this realm. I was busy in others. You may know the Greek figure Kharon? I was he, but when the Greeks started to worship a new all seeing god, I fled from Hades and toke residence here. For the past... two hundred of your mortal years I have been doing random things. Randomness has started to sicken me. Your groups interests slightly align with mine, more so than others, and I was tired of doing other things. I decided to come here.

While Kharon was a past and more well known name of mine, some of my cultists have taken to calling me "Riverman". I accepted this name as my prominent one. As I have written, I prefer to be called this name than Kharon.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple Assault - United]

Wenomir looks at Two - oh, Riddle damn it. She's not going to be happy over him killing Not!Kr, isn't she? He could hardly wait with that, but still.

"The reinforcements are on their way. Let's learn as much as we can and deal as much damage as we can before we have to beat it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Luvon takes the healing without any signs of resistance. He then says to the winged lady, "Go back and get the others. They need some help quickly."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

10. - Top - End - #1480

Office

"Greek doesn't tell me anything." Zefir says. "You are aware that here you won't be treated as a god? You will be a member which means you work under me. There will be soon a command chain, but as a new member you will start at the botom."

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Office

I have worked under mortals before. Trust in me that I shall follow your orders to the syllable if you take me in.

12. - Top - End - #1482