New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Fanclub

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

cool Crystal Fanclub

There are BOUND to be more people than just me who genuinely enjoy her character and would love to have her join OotS see more of her!

Also, her haircut has gotten much better as a golem.
    ava by me
    Where the hell have you been?
    Yes, sadly.
    Proud founder of Crystal's fanclub!

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome smilies here. Thank you, HeeJay and Fawkes!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedParadigm View Post
    See, the reason I don't have to post much is people like Liliet exist to express nearly everything I want or need to.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crystal Fanclub

Quote Originally Posted by Liliet View Post
    have her join OotS see more of her!
    This gets funnier every time.

And eh, she's never been my favourite character but I'm definitely down with her getting some more development. Rich counts votes on this sort of thing, right?
    Spoiler: Worst PC Concept Ever
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar14 View Post
    I came up with a master ninja with a robotic arm that is simultaneously both a vampire and a werewolf. He is the first of his clan in a thousand years to master the Warp Blade technique, which allows him to bend space-time to his will. So in addition to being a cyborg werewolf vampire ninja, he's also a time traveler and functionally immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milodiah View Post
    ...kinda sounds like Samuel Haight got sent to the world of Rifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    And we have a new winner!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I've been wondering how long it would take you to make this.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    I've been wondering how long it would take you to make this.
    As soon as I saw her haircut dissed in the main discussion thread and felt the urge to defend it... I realized it was my destiny!
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

See, the reason I don't have to post much is people like Liliet exist to express nearly everything I want or need to.

5. - Top - End - #5

GnomePirate

Crystal worked together with Haley this comic. That's not the Crystal *I* know! I don't care for this new direction.

Is it OK if I call myself an orthodox Crystal-fan?

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    Crystal worked together with Haley this comic. That's not the Crystal *I* know! I don't care for this new direction.

You are welcome.

Just as I reserve my right to root for all girls in the comics banding together and standing up to anyone who dares cross their pass as a huge unstoppable wave of power of sisterhood. We'll see whose direction will prove most canon!
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Thog is a much more entertaining dimwitted psychopath. Crystal is just tedious.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Koo Rehtorb View Post
    Thog is a much more entertaining dimwitted psychopath. Crystal is just tedious.
    This was a very enlightening message. It really needed to be posted in this thread. We are very grateful for you input.

Door is over there.
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's always wonderful to see and read about people enjoying an otherwise utterly despicable character
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    It's always wonderful to see and read about people enjoying an otherwise utterly despicable character
    I'm assuming this isn't sarcasm, but just in case it's a snarky jab at people liking unlikable characters, you know you've got Tarquin as your avatar, right?

But anyways yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Crystal when she was in it before (though I really dig her character design, young, living and golem) but this arc with her looks like it's shaping up to be quite interesting.
    >>softly open our mouths in the cold

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nah. She and Haley just happened to be working towards goals that didn't involve each other's immediate destruction, while in the same town.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goosefarble View Post
    I'm assuming this isn't sarcasm, but just in case it's a snarky jab at people liking unlikable characters, you know you've got Tarquin as your avatar, right?
    Yep, I'm perfectly aware of that
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

13. - Top - End - #13

BlackDragon

I have to admit i am really enjoying crystals character And now not just as a funny near mindless killing machine. She just looks so i dont know lost?,confused? In the second last panel of the most recent comic. I am really interested to see where crystal goes from here.
    Last edited by goodpeople25; 2015-03-29 at 01:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

GnomePirate

Default tRe: Crystal Fanclub

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Nah. She and Haley just happened to be working towards goals that didn't involve each other's immediate destruction, while in the same town.
    I tried to be part of this select group of posters who can reference OoTS-comics in everything they do (#81), but I clearly need some practice with that yet. Still, the point stands.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by goodpeople25 View Post
    I have to admit i am really enjoying crystals character And now not just as a funny near mindless killing machine. She just looks so i dont know lost?,confused? In the second last panel of the most recent comic. I am really interested to see where crystal goes from here.
    Same here. Just like Belkar, I don't think evil is ~part of her inherent nature~ or something, nor is she intelligent enough to, like Bozzok or Tarquin or Xykon, have made a conscious&educated decision to partake in it. Too dumb for full culpability for her regular course of action. I'm not going to dislike her as much for her atrocities as I would a more intelligent and self-aware character.

I just want her to be okay and to get better - in all possible interpretations of this turn of phrase.
    Last edited by Liliet; 2015-03-29 at 05:48 AM.
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Same here. Just like Belkar, I don't think evil is ~part of her inherent nature~ or something, or is she intelligent enough to, like Bozzok or Tarquin or Xykon, have made a conscious decision to partake in it. Too dumb for full culpability for her regular course of action. I'm not going to dislike her as much for her atrocities as I would a more intelligent and self-aware character.

I just want her to be okay and to get better - in all possible interpretations of this turn of phrase.
    I doubt that he has animal level intelligence, which is what you need to not be held responsible for your actions. You can argue she was a product of her environment, maybe, but since Haley came from that same environment it wouldn't hold much water.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

17. - Top - End - #17

I doubt that he has animal level intelligence, which is what you need to not be held responsible for your actions. You can argue she was a product of her environment, maybe, but since Haley came from that same environment it wouldn't hold much water.
    Haley's had her parents - both of whom I would peg as Good, even if Ian is a touch too paranoid and mercantile. If Crystal was brought up by Bozzok - who may have consciously chosen to bring her up to be dumb enough to make a good tool... No, it's not the same environment, and not exposure to same ideals and concepts.
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Haley's had her parents - both of whom I would peg as Good, even if Ian is a touch too paranoid and mercantile. If Crystal was brought up by Bozzok - who may have consciously chosen to bring her up to be dumb enough to make a good tool... No, it's not the same environment, and not exposure to same ideals and concepts.
    We have no idea who raised her, but again, its a weak argument. Parents are hardly the only factor of an environment.

19. - Top - End - #19

We have no idea who raised her, but again, its a weak argument. Parents are hardly the only factor of an environment.
    They are the strongest for a kid tho, and can mess them up real easy and real bad early on - or instill values that will last a lifetime. How exactly their influence works is a complicated mess - Ian made Haley cripplingly distrustful despite only wishing the best on her... but it's definitely a strong factor.

And of course we know what sort of environment Greysky city provides 'in general'. Crystal fit right in.
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

I'm not going to dislike her as much for her atrocities as I would a more intelligent and self-aware character.

Rich has been pretty explicit that those who are Evil are so out of choice, and they get punished as a result of their own foul deeds.

Crystal is fully aware of her own actions and equally culpable to any more intelligent character. I hope to see her and Thog suffer in whatever portion of hell they rightfully end up in. Thog at least liked puppies. Crystal would probably kick them.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    Rich has been pretty explicit that those who are Evil are so out of choice, and they get punished as a result of their own foul deeds.

Crystal is fully aware of her own actions and equally culpable to any more intelligent character. I hope to see her and Thog suffer in whatever portion of hell they rightfully end up in. Thog at least liked puppies. Crystal would probably kick them.
    I said "not fully culpable for what her usual course of action is" rather than for actions themselves... idk there's a difference for me
    and Rich never said those who are Evil are incapable of redemption when given a chance to change their choice

and I don't like seeing /anyone/ suffer, not even characters I hate. Just an invidual preference, I guess.
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Beholder

Default Re: tRe: Crystal Fanclub

I tried to be part of this select group of posters who can reference OoTS-comics in everything they do (#81), but I clearly need some practice with that yet. Still, the point stands.
    No, I caught that reference.

Though I think "Crystalite" would be a better term.
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

both of whom I would peg as Good, even if Ian is a touch too paranoid and mercantile.
    FYI, Word of Giant has Ian at Chaotic Neutral.

Anyway, I think that Crystal is a fine character, and makes for a very cool Golem. I put Thog above her, but she still makes a cool nemesis for Haley.

Peelee’s Lotsey

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    FYI, Word of Giant has Ian at Chaotic Neutral.

Anyway, I think that Crystal is a fine character, and makes for a very cool Golem. I put Thog above her, but she still makes a cool nemesis for Haley.
    Ah, okay.
    Still, he's idealistic, and tried to raise Haley to be Good like her mom - and succeeded. There is a great difference that upbringing makes.

And I agree that Thog is funnier. Crystal, however, is actually interesting.
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post

Come on. The ideas of "an individual is responsible for their own actions" and "parents greatly influence their children" are hardly contradictory.
    Spoiler: Worst PC Concept Ever
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar14 View Post
    I came up with a master ninja with a robotic arm that is simultaneously both a vampire and a werewolf. He is the first of his clan in a thousand years to master the Warp Blade technique, which allows him to bend space-time to his will. So in addition to being a cyborg werewolf vampire ninja, he's also a time traveler and functionally immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milodiah View Post
    ...kinda sounds like Samuel Haight got sent to the world of Rifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    And we have a new winner!

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    Come on. The ideas of "an individual is responsible for their own actions" and "parents greatly influence their children" are hardly contradictory.
    Come on. The ideas of "Crystal is responsible for her own actions" and "Crystal is a poor sweet darling baby who just needs love. lots of love. and care. and I will defend her with my life" are hardly contradictory!
    Last edited by Liliet; 2015-03-29 at 10:29 AM.
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

GnomePirate

The fanclub of Crystal has existed for one day and we are already having an existential morally-justified discussion concerning free-will, nature or nurture, parental influence and responsibility for crimes.

That is quite a higher level of discussion than most fanclubs ever reach. And that for a fanclub for - let's face it - one of the dumbest characters in the comic.

We rock.

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

The fanclub of Crystal has existed for one day and we are already having an existential morally-justified discussion concerning free-will, nature or nurture, parental influence and responsibility for crimes.

That is quite a higher level of discussion than most fanclubs ever reach. And that for a fanclub for - let's face it - one of the dumbest characters in the comic.

We rock.
    But that means we skipped the ship the character with as many people as possible phase
    i was going to suggest Crystal x pickles.
    Anyway Im on nurture here also crystal literally looks like she doesn't understand that Bozzok isn't always in the right and that not killing haley is even an option.
    Last edited by goodpeople25; 2015-03-29 at 01:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

We rock.
    We are awesome

also this is scientific proof that Crystal is a great character and deserves praise thrown her way (and Rich's because he's a great writer) and all the good things, ice cream and puppies

(unlike Thog, I doubt she's ever been given all that...)

Quote Originally Posted by goodpeople25 View Post
    But that means we skipped the ship the character with as many people as possible phase
    i was going to suggest Crystal x pickles.
    Anyway Im on nurture here also crystal literally looks like she doesn't understand that Bozzok isn't always in the right and that not killing haley is even an option.
    We have not skipped it we just switched order

I seriously friendship Crystal x Haley from literally the first moment I saw Crystal in the comic and have been quietly innerly devastated that they hated each other ever since but HERE COMES THE LIGHT OF HOPE

(also I support the pickles ship because hell yes multishipping)

I also think Crystal x Belkar has potential

and of course Crystal x Thog is very obvious
    Last edited by Liliet; 2015-03-29 at 12:43 PM.
    ava by me
    Yes, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

and of course Crystal x Thog is very obvious
    A match made in heaven Candy Land.
    Last edited by Jaxzan Proditor; 2015-03-29 at 01:24 PM.

Peelee’s Lotsey