Default Re: Request an OotS style Avatar 14: Even More Revenge

Perfect! Thank you so much!
    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Member of the Kyrsull Entente
    Free City of Khasal - Ironfang Republic - Theocracy of Shemesh -The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Glory to the Flame!

Awesome Templar Avatar by smutmulch - thanks a lot!

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Dwarf in the Playground

smile Re: Request an OotS style Avatar 14: Even More Revenge

Could someone make me a paladin-esque avatar based on this art? I'd like them to look heroic and preferably kind of androgynous. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliezer Yudkowsky
    Why do you believe what you believe? What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?
    Alanna the Lioness avatar by Iron Penguin

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pwning doodes View Post
    Could someone make me a paladin-esque avatar based on this art? I'd like them to look heroic and preferably kind of androgynous. Thank you!
    Let me know how this works for you:

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cool! The spidery gold design is kind of throwing me off, though. Maybe something a bit more simple on the shirt?

(Thank you!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliezer Yudkowsky
    Why do you believe what you believe? What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?
    Alanna the Lioness avatar by Iron Penguin

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RolleyPolley View Post
    My character is a tan skinned Half-Elf Black Draconic Sorcerer. He has black hair cut short on the sides, but longer up top. The top of his hair is either pushed back or to the side (whichever looks better). He has dark green eyes and is built tall and lean. He has black dragon scales that run from his right elbow, up to his shoulder and partially down his chest.

For his clothes he is wearing a deep green tank top to match his eyes and loose black pants.

Thanks!
    Here's a go:

Quote Originally Posted by RolleyPolley View Post
    I haven't had time to set up the ability to make my own yet.
    If you're interested in getting started with Inkscape, PM me if you want the files I used to make your avatars, I'd be happy to send them along so you'd have something to play around with to learn the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by pwning doodes View Post
    Cool! The spidery gold design is kind of throwing me off, though. Maybe something a bit more simple on the shirt?

(Thank you!)
    I've PM'ed you some work on it, let me know!

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

Dearest artists of GiTP!

I'd like to ask you to create an avatar. I shall repay you with virtual cookies and real thanks.

The avatar should be a walrus GM, looking perplexed/surprised.

Have a nice day!
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hello! This is my first time asking for an avatar - it's amazing to see all the talent out there! I'm running a game for my kids, and we use the AMFES minis. Alas, Rich hasn't gotten around to either gnomes or monks, making my kid's gnome monk mini-less. So here's my ask.

Female gnome monk
    Long dark hair in ponytail
    Handwraps of some sort
    Generic monk robes

Thanks in advance!
    Spoiler: Chult game links
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hope these are good enough!
    (If not, PM me).
    lacco36

agignac
    Last edited by linklele; 2020-07-19 at 03:25 PM.
    Ask me to do your new avatar! (Payment is in cookies)
    "You have to deliver your craziness in little pieces, you can't do it all at once!" -Scrubs

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

@Linklele: THANK YOU! He looks almost like me! How's that even possible?

Great job! Thanks again!
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Barbarian in the Playground

smile Re: Request an OotS style Avatar 14: Even More Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by linklele View Post
    I hope these are good enough!
    (If not, PM me).
    agignac
    Oh. My. God!! Thank you so much! She is going to be absolutely thrilled with this! I think I'll steal it and use it as my avatar too. :)

THANK YOU Linklele!!!!
    Spoiler: Chult game links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello! :)
    I would like an OotS style avatar of a pig/boar holding a crown in its mouth, it is supposed to be a “Kingslayer pig” I have a reference drawing I can send you.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myth27 View Post
    Hello! :)
    I would like an OotS style avatar of a pig/boar holding a crown in its mouth, it is supposed to be a “Kingslayer pig” I have a reference drawing I can send you.
    Hey Myth27, I got this one if you still want me to do it. Just replied to your message this morning, check PMs.
    Still taking avatar requests! Visit my Portfolio!
    Feel free to send me a request. I'll get to it as soon as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indurain
    Just...anytime you get hard on yourself, remember you're loved very much by a nudist and a quadraped

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceika View Post
    Hey Myth27, I got this one if you still want me to do it. Just replied to your message this morning, check PMs.
    yay thank you. I responded via PM

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi. It's been awhile since I've refreshed my avatar so I thought I'd ask around here to see if anyone was willing to make me another.

Race/Class: "Human," Infernal Exalted, Sorcerer
    Features: Tan Skin, Black Eyes, Black Hair, and Beard.
    Pose: (optional details if the image isn't too complicated or busy.)
    - A custom caste mark, a black (fill) and green (lines) stylized sun (caste mark) in the middle of the forehead.
    - Green coloured bees flying around him.
    - Hands at his sides.
    - Smoking a cigarillo.
    Equipment:
    - a marengo grey suit and tie, with a shirt covered in a hexagonal pattern (red fill, green lines. just a red shirt is fine under the jacket).
    - pershing boots.
    - an ochre revolver holstered on the left hip (right side).
    - belt pouches on the right hip (left side).

If you need more information, the Broken Thorn link in the signature leads to the sheet for this character.
    The Background and Other Notes section has his proper description, and I can link you art.
    If possible maybe import the portrait from my current avatar, the skin tone and hair color? I'm leaning on an older looking more weathered version of the current avatar.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2020-08-12 at 02:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Colossus in the Playground

So, would it be possible to request a bit of artwork, not for use as an avatar (though will definitely keep it saved for usage later, and be perfectly willing to let anyone else use it as well!) but to have a pic for a game?

If not... Ignore me! And have an awesome day!

If so...

Spoiler: Connie-The Clockwork Naga
    Show

Equipment
    Unarmed. No real gear at all.

Skin Color
    Brass and copper metal.

Hair Color
    Iron. Short.

Race
    Naga-upper torso of a lady, lower body of a snake.

Class
    Brawler, in the One Piece D&D game.

Pose
    Anything that works.

General Description
    Connie is a 4' tall clockwork naga, created by a lonely man who needed a friend. Her tail is reasonably long, and she's got mostly smooth skin, with only a few gears showing. She's a stereotypical bombshell in the torso area, as her chest has been enhanced with literal bombs. She's rarely without a smile on her face.

As per usual, a thousand thank yous to everyone who works in this thread! You're all awesome people! Accept or veto this request, you're still being cool.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Halfling in the Playground

Bonjour, gentlemen and gentlewomen de talent artistique, I would like to request an avatar a la Order of the Stick.

I'd like it to be based on my LARP character. I have (partially outdated) pictures and will gladly send them via PM, I'd just rather not have them posted publicly. My character has two and a half costumes, and I'll describe them all, so if a person is interested they can choose which they think they'd prefer to draw. I'll be satisfied no matter what.

Alright, the descriptions. I might go overboard with the details here, since I've not sure what can and can't all be portrayed. If something's impossible with the art-style or just too finicky, well, then it is. Just trying to be as descriptive and helpful as possible. If you think it would look better if you left stuff out, go for it, and the pose especially is just my suggestion of what I think would look best and represent the character. I'm also aware that the majority of my accessories are brown, either leather or cloth - that's what happens when you make most of it yourself and on a budget -, so if you think they'd look better with a dab of colour you're welcome to add it.

First, the commonalities:

Race/Class: Half-Dwarf, but human-sized (1.83m/6'0'') and thinks he's human. So, human; Wizard/Fighter/Bard (this doesn't translate well to D&D).

Features:
    • Beige skin, but with tanned hands, forearms and feet.

• Broad chest and shoulders.

• Thick blonde/brown hair with a partition on the left (from his point of view).

• Short, neat-ish brown beard and sideburns.

• Blue eyes, bloodshot.

Yes, this is basically just a description of me. That's LARP for you.

Equipment:
    • A black ankle-length hooded (with a point) monks' robe. The hood is up, and pulled down a bit over the eyes.

• A belt made of old rope, tied in a knot in front.

• A single-edged cheap-looking knife hanging in a knife-holder (loop of leather, sewn in the middle to make two loops; knife is wedged in the bottom one, belt passes through the top) on the left-front side (from his perspective) of the rope belt. A long piece of string is tied round the bottom of the knife on one end and the rope belt on the other.

• Two to three leather pouches fastened on the right-front-ish side of the rope belt.

• A leather-covered water-bottle (with cork) hanging from a pair of strings (top and middle) in front of the pouches.

• A black cloth blindfold covering the eyes, tied in the back beneath the hood.

So that were the commonalities (well, what you can see at any rate; I'll spare you descriptions of the underwear). Now the two-and-a-half variants:

Variant 1: Civilian

Equipment:
    • Brown leather sandals.

• A mask-shaped metal broach on his left bosom.

• A brown leather satchel hanging on his left side, behind the knife. The satchel is not very wide - it's taller than it is wide. The strap goes over the right shoulder. The satchel closes using a flap, which is fastened with a buckle. On the front of the flap is a shallow engraving of a tree, quite faded. A wooden flute may be poking out from under the flap.

The Variant 1a: Civilian on the Move

Equipment:

• A 1.4m/4'6'' two-handed longsword with leather-covered wooden scabbard. It has a brown leather handle, a dark bronze pommel and (short) dark bronze quillons.

• Though not existing in-game, I'd like to add a hefty bindle fashioned from the brown cloak I wear when it's cold and which uses my sword in its scabbard as its stick.

Pose:
    • Legs wide, left hand on hip.

• Eyes (well, face) front, large and friendly but mischievous grin.

• Right hand holding the bindle on his right shoulder.

Or Variant 1b: Civilian in a Night on the Town

Equipment:
    • An ankle-length cloak made of brown cloth (no fur). It has a semi-circle cut out by the neck so it just drapes around the shoulders without forming a hood. It's fastened using two leather straps sewn to the inside of the cloak that go diagonally across the chest (and across the back, though you don't see that), together forming a cross. They're attached to themselves using double d-rings. The cloak is worn over everything, even the satchel. These are the instructions I followed to make it; it's got pictures.

Pose:
    • Hood of the robe thrown back and blindfold tied to belt (it's assumed to be night-time).

• Raising a tankard of strong ale in his right hand.

• Grinning, less mischievous, probably drunk.

Variant 2: Soldier

Equipment:
    • A sleeveless, knee length purplish-brown gambeson (close enough in shape), fastened with leather straps and buckles. Worn over the monk's robe but underneath the rope belt and everything that hangs from it (knife, water bottle, pouches).

• Sturdy brown leather boots.

• A 1.4m/4'6'' two-handed longsword with leather-covered wooden scabbard. It has a brown leather handle, a dark bronze pommel and (short) dark bronze quillons. The scabbard is worn on the left side of the belt, behind the knife.

• A wooden flute or recorder. When not in hand it's tucked into the back of the rope belt, so you might just be able to see the head from the front.

• A fan. Tucked into the belt on the right side and attached to it using a long piece of string (long enough to be able to use it, arm outstretched).

• Magical armour. Just a very faint, sparkly blue glow conforming to the body. This one especially can be ignored if it doesn't look right.

Pose:
    • Sooo many options. Playing the flute (and summoning magical energy), waving the fan (and preparing a magical gust of wind), holding magical energy in his hands, posing with the sword, leaning on the sword, letting the sword hang in front, having the sword be stuck in the ground combined with others from above. If you choose this I'll leave it up to your expertise on what looks good.

• His expression can be almost anything, but no frown of determination, please. A snarl of anger, a fearful gasp, a confident smirk, an insulting leer, a relieved smile, anything but a block of wood with a frowny face painted on it.

And that was my request. Long and over detailed, yes, expecting too much, maybe. In truth, I'll be happy as long as the important things are there (robe, blindfold, beard, sword). I hope this sparks someone's interest.
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Wizard (2nd Level)

My favourite forms of humour involve wordplay, self-deprecation and their
    mutant hybrid offspring: Intentionally misreading semantically ambiguous
    phrasing. Beware thy missing Oxford commas!

17. - Top - End - #1097

Hi! Please could I have the following:

A wargamming miniature with these features: The headless body of the Cobra Commander (GI Joe) with a gleefully smirking cobra/snake instead of a head. One hand holding some cards and the other holding some D6s.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Eagle View Post
    Hi. It's been awhile since I've refreshed my avatar so I thought I'd ask around here to see if anyone was willing to make me another.
    Here's a go. I used the colors from your current avatar for skin and hair. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    So, would it be possible to request a bit of artwork, not for use as an avatar (though will definitely keep it saved for usage later, and be perfectly willing to let anyone else use it as well!) but to have a pic for a game?
    Here's an avatar sized version:

and a larger version, since you said you wanted it for another purpose. If you need a different size, let me know:
    Spoiler: Large size
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smutmulch View Post
    Here's a go. I used the colors from your current avatar for skin and hair. Let me know what you think.
    It's perfect. Thank you!
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2020-08-15 at 11:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Colossus in the Playground

Here's an avatar sized version:

and a larger version, since you said you wanted it for another purpose. If you need a different size, let me know:
    Spoiler: Large size
    Show
    And saved.

Sadly, the game ended up falling through for me (just wasn't really having fun with it) but I appreciate the avatar a ton! Smutmulch, you're an awesome. :)
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Commander View Post
    Hi! Please could I have the following:

A wargamming miniature with these features: The headless body of the Cobra Commander (GI Joe) with a gleefully smirking cobra/snake instead of a head. One hand holding some cards and the other holding some D6s.
    Mmm you deactvated the option to recive PM so I have to post it here:
    "You have to deliver your craziness in little pieces, you can't do it all at once!" -Scrubs

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi. I would like an OOTS version of my current avatar. I can't do images yet, but you can find a larger version here.

https://i.imgur.com/YbGdPGB.png
    I drank some stuff from a drain and it drove me insane.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wozniak View Post
    Hi. I would like an OOTS version of my current avatar. I can't do images yet, but you can find a larger version here.

https://i.imgur.com/YbGdPGB.png
    What is everything in the image supposed to be? That might be very helpful to anyone looking to help you.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    What is everything in the image supposed to be? That might be very helpful to anyone looking to help you.
    Good idea. The image shows I, Steve Wozniak, crawling on the ground like a dog toward a drain pipe and grating. He/I am looking at the drain with a look of ignorance and desire.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malloon View Post
    Bonjour, gentlemen and gentlewomen de talent artistique, I would like to request an avatar a la Order of the Stick.

I'd like it to be based on my LARP character. I have (partially outdated) pictures and will gladly send them via PM, I'd just rather not have them posted publicly. My character has two and a half costumes, and I'll describe them all, so if a person is interested they can choose which they think they'd prefer to draw. I'll be satisfied no matter what.

I hope this sparks someone's interest.
    I've got a version here for you:

It puts some elements from a couple of the versions together, let me know what you think!

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, I just wanted to refloat my request. Steve Wozniak crawling on the floor toward a drain.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here we go. Sorry for the waiting.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

he's lost his keys
    Last edited by dehro; 2020-09-07 at 05:18 PM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by linklele View Post
    Here we go. Sorry for the waiting.
    Extremely beautiful!

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Halfling in the Playground

I've got a version here for you:

It puts some elements from a couple of the versions together, let me know what you think!
    It's perfect. :D Thank you so much!
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Wizard (2nd Level)

My favourite forms of humour involve wordplay, self-deprecation and their
    mutant hybrid offspring: Intentionally misreading semantically ambiguous
    phrasing. Beware thy missing Oxford commas!