New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

Solitus Rebellion: The Trembling Heavens
    The beam hits the shield and....doesn't pierce through. Instead vibrations are sent throughout the spirit World as everyone feels the force being spread out across the entire Spirit World:

On the World of the Kais, Kurumo turns to face the point of the attack and yells
    "THAT FOOL MORTAL! What does he think he is doing!? The lcokdown is the only line of defense Heaven has left! He breaks it and there who knows what else could break this with enough power!?"
    "Ha! How Weak Of Him To Rely On Such A Rhing. I, Solitus Am Far More Powerful Than Such A Mere Toy."
    Onin doesn't pay attention to it, he is too busy replying to Trombone Jr.
    .....I know that it is a mere raindrop, but it is my raindrop, and that is all anyone can hope to do against such vastness. But then again, the God of Destruction does basically the same thing but with sanction no? How then, are they more justified than I in such genocide? Perhaps I should take the position and render such judgement upon all of creation if lacking scope is your protestation.
    He takes a combat stance
    Be warned. I cannot pretend to assess you forever. I will have to fight you at some point, so that I can get back to life. I'm not loyal to Solitus as an ideal, I'm really just using him as a means to an end, much like a couple of others.
    Meanwhile Lagerin and Meta-tuffle have been keeping out of the fight out of fear for their own lives. They were selfish and out of their own skin first and foremost, as well as thinkers who liked to assess before they did anything. Their goal was to get out of Heaven, and them dying to some guy who lets face was probably associated with the Rebel Alliance, was not the way to do that. Epsecially since he drained energy like the Androids. However Lagerin finally came up with an idea:
    "Kurumo! conjure spears for Meta-tuffle, and I'll fire poisonous ki at him. we keep at ranged with attacks he can't drain and we will win this by attrition."
    Kurumo nods and they begin their attack as Lagerin fires poisonous green ki snakes that slither around the stone soldiers and Meta-Tuffle dances between them stabbing with her spears given to her by Kurumo to keep herself at range. After all, it didn't matter how poison entered a body, it only mattered that it spread.

At the Godtube Station Tailriper feels the quaking from here and looks up
    "Ok lets- WHAT!? I didn't sense any Ki! Who is doing that!??"
    "....I.....I don't know either. Are the Androids attacking!? But that doesn't make any sense! They have a rule against planet-busting, they wouldn't even risk learning an attack capable of such power!"

The attack jostles Val-Kagra out of Nightmare's Mindscape and she looks around wildly.
    "What in the abyss!?"

Soon however the beam runs out and the shield holds, and the quaking and trembling stops. Kurumo, eyes wide breathes a sigh of relief. He was not sure the lockdown shield would hold, to be honest. That thing was ancient, made at the dawn of time, or if it wasn't, it might as well have been. But he guessed it made sense that it could withstand planet-busting attacks. Otherwise any fool could break it. Not that it would matter, Kurumo would eventually have to take it down to get OUT of the Spirit World anyways for the next part of the plan.

Meanwhile Blizzan shakes his head.
    "I'm going to the Library of Endless Knowledge NOW. I need to get my answers before the Rebel Alliance really breaks in and stops me. Have fun with whatever your broadcasting, my slaughter brother."
    "Come back when you have your answers, I'd prefer to not leave without you."
    "Got it."
    Blizzan then flies away to the library.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

[Planet of Kais]

Kurumo and Solitus being distracted by the quaking of Heavens gives the Namekian a welcome breather. Okay, so the stone soldiers aren't much of a problem, but the situation is rapidly spinning out of anyone's control. The Namekian knocks down the last bunch of stone soldiers, then responds to Onin: "The God of Destruction is justified because they are the God of Destruction, appointed by laws of the Universe. That someone needs to perform that function is no excuse for everyone to do it! An executioner without mandate of Law is just a murderer!"

Aaaand then the assorted Hellions get the idea to flood the area with poisonous snakes and spears. The Namekian's thought-stream devolves into a string of curses in ancient Namekian language as their attention is briefly consumed by dodging the spears and blasting the snakes into paste.

Meanwhile, Lord Yenma is hiding behind a rock near the Kaioshin, since Shin couldn't just teleport them out. He's a bit ashamed to not be fighting, but most of these people are way out of his league right now.

Then, however, he gets an idea. No-one seems to be paying attention to him, and no-one's paying attention to Elder Kai either. So, Yenma decides to sneak out, as fast and stealthy as a giant ogre just can, and grab unconscious Elder Kai and then flee to some distant corner of the Planet. Meanwhile, they think intently: "Hey, Your Grace the Kaioshin! Hope very much you can hear my thoughts! Things seem a tad too hot for me, so I'm gonna take my leave with the geezer here! If that Namekian guy doesn't get himself killed, give him my thanks for rescuing me! Bye!"

Hopefully none of the hellions notice.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2018-04-07 at 07:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

Arrrghh, by the Horrors! Traube Traula was spooked by the sudden spacequake resonating throughout the afterlife. From what she could gather, someone was attacking the lockdown externally. Reinforcements were already on their way! Oh she hoped it was the androids.

Okay, okay. She shakes her head trying to regain her composure. This changes nothing. We still need to get a message through the lockdown-oh! I got it! She smiled. The message is simple, tell them to stand down, that they have an ally on the inside who will lift the lockdown. Does this facility have that capability? Traube looked at Tailripper. Time is of the essence, no telling when they'll do it again, or what happens if they succeed.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

In Transit

Max frowned as the capacitors finished discharging and the shield was still there. While he Could, in theory, just charge and fire again, that seemed rather bull headed as a solution. And it would risk overheating things or stressing the systems. Max got some important data, if nothing else: the readings of the shield interacting with the blast, the actual output of the beam, and various little tidbits of data like that. Even so, they weren't through the shield.

Max cleared his throat and activated the intercomm to speak up to the saiyans and other passengers, "Well, it looks like their shield is a fair bit tougher than I thought, so we're going to turn back for now. I'm going to need some time to adjust the main cannon to specifically break through that shield, you know, in a controlled manner that won't result in unnecessary overflow. In the mean time we'll be heading back to Earth, sorry for the false start. If you absolutely must have a fight, I'll tussle with you myself when we get back to Earth while I work on the adjustments. I can be in more than one place at once."

After taking a few more readings of the shield, Max turned his ship around and engaged the FTL drive once more, taking them back into the sky overhead of the Shining City. As designed, the ship appeared with little more than simply being in view when it wasn't there a moment before. As they got back overhead, Max opened up the hologram with his little roomba once more, "Looks like I couldn't punch through the shield the way I thought I could, at least not safely, I'll have to adjust the cannon before we can try that again. And hey, the planet's not exploded."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Solitus Rebellion:
    "Ah, but when the law is enforced by strength, what difference is there from might makes right? And if I recall, Blizzan said something about an Emperor blowing up planets similarly and he was backed by law as well. Do you mean only Divine Law? Do you mean that only the gods get to decide whether people live or die, and that mortals have no choice in the matter? Perhaps you are right and evil does surround me. Though I imagine not the people you intend. Perhaps Trombone and Solitus are only half-wrong and while their goals are evil, the people they oppose are not ones I should ally myself with either. It matters not. We are all out for our own goals of right and wrong, and I personally can't tell what is good or bad anymore, what wretch like me deserves to judge anyone? I'm not obsessed with ideals of justice. My power is a danger that needs to be prevented, thats all I know. I am angry about all this.
    Onin clenches his fists
    Angry like you wouldn't believe. I'm always angry. I'm just not letting it affect me right now. Emotions are wild dogs, and its best to let them off the leash when needed.

Meanwhile Kurumo considers Yenma's actions.
    Hm, lets see I know at least six different potential methods to bring people back to life, but two of them are more impossible than the others, two of them involve Earth, and the last two are right here in the Spirit World and one of them is Elder Kai for some reason I don't know yet. Given that I need to use a method to bring somebody back to life to be the new God of Destruction, but I have to make sure Solitus soul's is gone before he gets resurrected so that the transition to someone I can control better for a more stable rule......hm.....might actually be more beneficial to let this one go? But then again Yenma himself might hold a potential seventh....

Hm, the true problem really is this Namekian. As long as he is here, he will be an annoying distraction. Those two can be gotten at our leisure, but not as long as he is around. This in general, is just holding everything up. I think its long past time I force the issue.

He telepathically calls out to Blizzan and Onin:
    You two! Your nearby. Engage the Namekian.
    I want my answers.....even if I need to sate the bloodlust....I NEEEED it....
    ......Very well. Hand me a spear.
    You will get your answers once that threat is dealt with. I'm not leaving an energy draining parasite anywhere near Solitus.
    Rrrrr........Fine....
    As Blizzan flies by he lands beside Onin, and Onin receives a conjured katchin spear from Kurumo, while Blizzan receives an entire pile of katching that he manipulates with telekinesis similarly to his infinite armory technique, and they both join in the onslaught upon Trombone Jr.

Godtube Station
    "Hm. Perhaps. Sending them such a message might actually help with my plans. I DO need them to come here at some point for what I'm thinking, after all, who REALLY wants Solitus to rule forever? Of course, one has to let this reign sit a little while to show why...."
    Tailripper muses.

Shining City
    The saiyans mutter darkly among themselves while they disembark, while Arkea says
    "Yes, that was definitely the Lockdown shield. But why did Kurumo put it there at all? The Trombone cultist-"
    "-The Tromboner-"
    "Yes, whatever. -Turned Makaist, is dead! He is no longer really a threat! There is no threat from without so....the only conclusion is that there must be some threat within! But what beings would he be trying to contain all there is are people from hell!"
    "Could the hellions be rebelling and he is containing them from the rest of the Universe?"
    "....No. That doesn't make sense, Masala! A spirit doesn't last long down in the mortal realm unless some twisted magic is going on like demons from Makai us! They'd have to find a way to get back to life for jailbreaking from hell to mean anything. He'd have no need!"
    "......Hm. Then why did he put it up?"
    "....Hm, well it only happened after me and Max teleported away from Heaven.....Max do you think you had something to do with it?"

6. - Top - End - #186

RedWizardGuy

Earth

Max was in more than one place at once, literally. He had sent two splits with tools down to the front of the ship to get to work modifying the main cannon using the data from the earlier firing against the shield. One more split, with a fair amount of Max's power, was following through on his offer to spar any Saiyans who felt cheated of battle. Though, that fighting would be happening in the air nearby and on some of the flat sections of the hull of the ship. A fourth Max was walking along with Masala and Arkea and replied, "Well, I'm fairly sure no one really knew I had this ship or what it could do until I used it just now. I suppose he might have been suspicious of me for playing dumb, but that wouldn't have really justified raising the...Lockdown Shield, was it? Yeah, I just don't think I rate that high on the threat-o-meter for heaven. I'm...not in the business of killing kais or overthrowing the order of things?" That Max shrugged, and continued walking with the others. Or, if they were leaving the ship, hovering down to the surface.

The final split of Max, holding the bulk of his power, was sitting in the bridge. He was no longer projecting a hologram down into the Shining City, but was instead keeping an eye on the sensors and coordinating with the other two splits up at the front of the ship.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

[Planet of Kais]

The Namekian is not amused by Onin's thoughts. Really, there is very little to be amused of here. One can almost hear them gritting their teeth. "Did you [dragon excrement] miss the part where I told you a Super Saiyan saved the world? I'm not telling you to ally with anyone, I'm trying to get you [gormless lackwit] to grok that planning to genocide people you haven't even met is stupid!"

They duck out a way of a spear and then jump right back up to dodge a snake. "It's the same kind of stupid that almost made me... kill... myself..." Fusion: it sometimes makes things complicated. The Namekian almost gets hit by another spear due to thinking too much, having to bend over backwards to avoid it. "Argh! Forget it! You think your power is dangerous? I'll show you dangerous! And then I'll drag your ugly mug to the mortal world myself! Right after I beat the tar out of you!"

Of course, beating the tar out of Onin is a tad bit difficult with, what, five people piling on them. The crowd needs thinning, they can't win all of these people in a fair fight. Fortunately, two of them seemed sort of afraid - maybe they can do something to demoralize them out of the fight. But it needs to be something radical...

... these people are all ghost from Hell. Like they, or the part of them who used to be Guit, once told King Kai, the Cross Clan used to have a technique for incinerating souls, so dead Cross Clan members couldn't be tortured nor interrogated in Hell. Using such a technique, while in the world of Supreme Kai, no less, would be quite blasphemous. But maybe that's exactly what's needed.

"Kaiouken!" The Namekian's aura flashes red and their energy rises explosively. They use the burst of speed to breeze through the barrage of flying Katchin objects, trying to circle behind Lagerin before Onin and Blizzan get to them. They aim a finger at Lagerin and evoke the technique. "Soul Liberation Beam!" Getting a good hit in such a hectic situation would be a miracle, but hopefully they'll get a limb at least. If the attack connects, part of Lagerin's spiritual body will evaporate into motes of light. Ironically, it is precisely Lagerin's self-centered fear for his existence which would prevent him from being annihilated entirely - the technique was made to be used on someone willing and fearless of their own destruction.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #188

Traube smiled inwardly. This could actually work. If we could get a message past the lockdown. There has to be an override. It needs to be down for only the briefest of femtoseconds. She didn't know what a femtosecond was, save that it was extremely, extremely short. The way I see it, if these....androids...whoever they are, are that much of a threat, we might be stuck here for a while while Solitus musters a force to take them out. Getting the lockdown override under our control would give us "Lord" Solitus' kill-switch.

We can record now, and just sit on the audio until we're ready to send it out.
    With that suggestion, Traube enters the studio, and once certain she was recording, decided now would be the best time to drop the mask, though she hoped it would sound like acting.

I-I don't know where they came from our how they got out of Hell, but they're running wild. We're being overrun and forced to kneel to this-this Solitus guy! We can't hold out, we need help! Right now! Get the new Emperor of the Arcosian Empire! I don't know but you've got to do something, or Heaven will be lost, forever!

Look, me and some friends are going to see if we can't override the lockdown. Sit tight, and wait for the shields to drop.
    That was terrible. Nor did she have any idea whether or not anyone besides the Tuffle heard her.

Whoo... She sighed. Probably would've preferred to script that, instead of going off-the-cuff but it sounds more genuine, I think. So what do you think? She asked Tailripper. Wanna hold the kill-switch of Solitus' reign? Also, uh, I don't think I got your name.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana

Vodkana groandd. 'Well excuse me, for not being Celestia! Nya! I have billions of workers, hundreds billions of customers- it's hard to pay attention to every little fan! Nya!" She charged forward attempting to give chop to her shoulder.

"Pff. Spoon was the one who has defeated them in duals, and made them chefs. He was a Warrior Caste too, and also evil- but he never forced them to be chefs."
    Katnep growled and attempted to slash at Vodkana with her ki claws, while Starlight facehoofed.

"She's not a ... oh, nevermind," she sighed.

[Ruins Of Old Shapeshifting School]

"Shapeshifters!" Patturo face hoofed. "They are evil Shapeshifters!" he changed into floating katana with glasses.

"Haaa...ya!" He flew forward, parried by another living sword.

The one Tabby attacked has changed into T Rex, attempting to to sweep her away with his tail.
    Tabby took a deep breath and dodge-rolled towards the t-rex's legs, slicing her katana at one in an attempt to destabilize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    In Transit

Max frowned as the capacitors finished discharging and the shield was still there. While he Could, in theory, just charge and fire again, that seemed rather bull headed as a solution. And it would risk overheating things or stressing the systems. Max got some important data, if nothing else: the readings of the shield interacting with the blast, the actual output of the beam, and various little tidbits of data like that. Even so, they weren't through the shield.

Max cleared his throat and activated the intercomm to speak up to the saiyans and other passengers, "Well, it looks like their shield is a fair bit tougher than I thought, so we're going to turn back for now. I'm going to need some time to adjust the main cannon to specifically break through that shield, you know, in a controlled manner that won't result in unnecessary overflow. In the mean time we'll be heading back to Earth, sorry for the false start. If you absolutely must have a fight, I'll tussle with you myself when we get back to Earth while I work on the adjustments. I can be in more than one place at once."

After taking a few more readings of the shield, Max turned his ship around and engaged the FTL drive once more, taking them back into the sky overhead of the Shining City. As designed, the ship appeared with little more than simply being in view when it wasn't there a moment before. As they got back overhead, Max opened up the hologram with his little roomba once more, "Looks like I couldn't punch through the shield the way I thought I could, at least not safely, I'll have to adjust the cannon before we can try that again. And hey, the planet's not exploded."
    "Okay, I have some questions," Starlight said. "First, how do you have a giant magic cannon? Second, what kind of fuel source does it use? Third, exactly what's going on? We need to make a plan. I've been studying the collective unconscious, or the 'Khala'. We should try tapping into it so we can keep constant tabs on each other while this is going down."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Godtube Station
    Tailripper laughes and disturbing, howling laughter at Traube's suggestion.
    Ahahahahaha! You think this is about holding the killswitch? Hilarious! What is the point of a killswitch of something that won't live long anyways? Whether we send out the message or not, the Rebel Alliance will eventually come to foil Solitus, and whether or not they defeat him, Kurumo will eventually betray Solitus to put someone more stable and amenable to being Kurumo's God of Destruction rather than egomaniacally being the god of everything like a delusional idiot. Solitus was never a good ruler and Kurumo knows it, Solitus however is a FANTASTIC conqueror! Give him a straightforward goal, an enemy to defeat and he will accomplish it with perfectionistic glee. Solitus conquering this place then getting foiled, is just how things will go, no matter what, because he made himself a target by being the leader on top. I mean, clearly someone already tried to break through that shield.

No, the point of being here is not to make that event happen, that will come anyways regardless. Its the message that is given to everyone else that matters. Look around you: What does this say about the competence of the Kais? If they cannot even fend off the prisoners from their own hell and keep their own Heaven tidy, they are not fit to be rulers of anything much less the Universe! I want to tell people the truth: that the kais are simply not fit to rule. As my master in Makai commands, who sees the truth of the power structures of this universe! But I am not here to preach, much as I want to. I am here to fulfill the mission. And the mission: wait for Solitus to show how much of an incompetent wasteful caligula he is, then spread my criticism, my truth, once the heroes come in to get rid of him for me so that the people can start thinking who should REALLY be ruling them. don't worry its not me or my master. We don't really care for doing so ourselves."

He advances forward menacingly, Guita silently advancing alongside him.
    "And you, my friend are acting quite suspiciously, you seem to desire that warning message a lot....When often its not to the benefit of people who have found themselves in hell, to let the hell-senders know where they are....My name is Tailripper by the way. I'm sure from my....exotic belt....you can tell why."
    He looks at her legs. Perhaps he should move onto something more universal and.....weight bearing.....

Solitus Rebellion:
    "GYYAAAAAAAAHH!!!"
    Lagerin screams as his arms dissolves, Seized with sudden fear, he flies back to Meta-tuffle, trying to get distance and keeping his eyes straight upon Trombone Jr. ready to dodge any second attempt.
    "YOU GREEN PIECE OF GARBAGE! THAT WAS MY ARM! I NEED THAT FOR MY EVERYTHING! I WILL REMEMBER THIS!"
    Onin shrugs. Perhaps Trombone Jr. was right. Hm. He will reserve judgement, see what comes. He still needed to seek out the saiyans and see what effects the form would have. He knew that the form was in many ways born of rage. Rage can be righteous, but it is not a reliable thing, and far more often rage is something destructive and dangerous to anything it touches. He knew that better than anyone. He also knew that he would need more than just words to turn him aside from this quest. He needed proof. Such pain in his heart demanded no less. He acts like he is slower than he actually is in trying to come towards Trombone.

Kurumo just stares with his iron gaze at this. This Namekian was truly annoying. Best to add him to the list of enemies worth keeping tabs upon.....well more so than he already was.
    "I Tire Of This. My Followers, End This Now, I, Solitus Cannot Leave Even a Single Foe Undefeated In Battle And I Have A Victory Speech To Get To, That I Cannot Honestly Give If This Annoyance Continues To Defy Me. If You Can't Do This, I Will..."
    You can sense that all of them were still holding back, not eager to use their full power unless absolutely needed, especially Onin and Solitus. This entire thing was just them trying to take you out tactically with minimal force. This state of affairs probably will not last forever. They will start getting serious if they get ticked enough.

11. - Top - End - #191

RedWizardGuy

On the Ship

Spoiler: Storytime with Max Banders
    Show
    The Max on the bridge responded to Starlight. "Well, to start with it's not a giant magical cannon. I've been rather busy these past ten years, not wandering across the galaxy or what have you, but busy none-the-less. I built the Shining City, this Battleship, and tended to some other ongoing projects, like calming down planet Namek's atmosphere and helping them to start re-planting things and recovering. That one was mostly just showing up from time to time and giving them supplies they needed, rather than being particularly hands on." Max paused, and reminisced for a moment before continuing, "In any case, this battleship was built to be a contingency plan. I designed it to completely outclass everything in the galaxy using technology that most people in the empire aren't even aware could exist. And this is the reasonably sized one. I was considering making a 17 kilometer long one, with a stronger main cannon, but it would have taken too long while I was working on other projects. In any case, the main cannon is nothing particularly the special, in simple terms it converts electrical energy into a giant energy beam. It's not ki, it's not magic, it's just a blast of energy. It's not special save for it's size, efficiency, and output. How it's powered is the far more unique thing."

Since this was going to take a bit of explaining, Max took the time to take a seat, a little roomba with an extender arm rolling up and handing him a mug of hot cocoa, before rolling off to retrieve one for Starlight as well, "Now, I think it's time for a little context. Back where I am from, I had just completed a very high level degree in physics. My project for that degree was a new kind of faster than light drive. The ship I was testing it out on was a bit of a junker, and it was modified for the purpose of testing the drive, rather than being elegant or efficient or what have you. Now, where I am from has a number of big differences than here, one of which is that the technology is much more advanced in some areas, and much more efficient in general. The largest difference is in war technology, because unlike everywhere around here? Yeah, my home had been attacked a number of times by Ork invasions. And those invasions are pretty ruthless, because most Orks don't go 'oh okay' when you try to talk to them, most Orks try to kill you, or point and laugh at your talking as they try to hit you with a sharp piece of metal. In any case, it meant that to fight that threat, my home had to develop technology that could regularly stand up to fighting that threat. And I learned about that technology in the course of my studies, because sometimes weapons aren't only useful for killing things. In any case, I was testing my drive. On the jump back home my entire timeline decided to cease to exist, so my ship went to the closest approximation of the coordinates and wound up here instead. As far as I can tell, someone set off a time based weapon in the future of my timeline. Probably not me, I'm not at the same time smart enough and stupid enough to make a time based weapon of that magnitude"

Max took a few moments to sip and enjoy his hot cocoa, before continuing, "In any case, that was some backstory of how I got here. But there's a little more context to go over: after all, I didn't exactly come here as a noodle armed scientist. The short version of that is that, when I was growing up, I paid attention to and learned from my father's research on applying ki for medical purposes. I learned how to heal using ki from one of his consultants, and one of my high school science projects was to make a device for converting ki of the user into healing energies, without having to know how to use your ki. That, more or less got me in trouble with the Crane Mafia, who were very upset that I was healing my sports team members. They tried to kill me, I spent my summer break training with various martial artists...including King Kai, as while the Crane Mafia failed to kill me, a bomb that I stopped from going off later in the summer sure did the trick. Ah, heheh....well, anyway, some paperwork was adjusted and I had my life back. But over the course of the next few years after that, while I was continuing my education, I kept up with learning how to fight. One of the first things I did was to break up the Crane Mafia, but eventually the opportunity arose to go galavanting across the galaxy to visit some other worlds, renew contact with them, and so on. It was during those trips that I used my knowledge of science to inform my usage of ki, to modify the Kaio-ken technique. It doesn't work quite the same in this universe, minor differences on very tiny scales can make for very large differences at living scales. In any case, the modification was to unravel fourth dimensional spools within the user's cells, to create a personal extra dimensional space within the user's body, then fill that space with energy, and manipulate the spooled out dimensions of the space to get the energy moving around in ways that are completely impossible in three dimensional space. The end result of the process is a net gain of energy, which is then funneled out of the space to keep the process going and empower the user. It's basically turning the Kaioken into a superform, because instead of exhausting your stamina faster, it empowers you and doesn't run your stamina dry in the process. I tried using that during some sparring in the lead up to that fight with Hailing. It failed to reach ignition, so I just kind of fell over and blew out a bunch of my energy." Max paused, to chuckle a bit and take a good drink of his cocoa.

"Still, that's what's powering the ship. More than one reactor that functions on the same principle. There's also a few backup reactors to get those started if they turn off for some reason, and the ship is riddled with capacitors for...pretty much everything so that stuff continues functioning for a bit even if the power is cut. It has a refined version of my FTL drive, along with a conventional Hyperlight drive, and the rest is my best effort in making a war ship. I'm fairly sure that it can take on a fleet of Ork Roks if need be. It has a few other systems I am glossing over. And, I mean, I was going to leave it in a hidden location for centuries if this lockdown shield hadn't been such a problem for communication." Max looked thoughtful for a moment, after he was done talking.

The Shining City

The Max with Arkea and Masala cleared his throat and looked over to Arkea, "Oh, I was wondering about the Lockdown shield...does it stop an ansibel from functioning?"
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2018-04-10 at 11:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192

Traube realized she might have overplayed her hand here. Crap. Just play it cool. Things have been going well so far.

You didn't think this through, did you? She asked. Okay, that was bad, really bad, but let's go with it. If the Rebel Alliance topples Solitus, they will reinstate the status-quo, which serves neither of us. For sure, if they can defeat Emperor Hailing, then Kurumo's victory isn't guaranteed.

Now maybe, maybe. Kurumo can marshall a defense against them. After all, we have the greatest monsters in intergalactic history, here. But more importantly, his power-base will need to be consolidated. Resistance from within in Heaven needs to be subjugated. Internal conflicts as ancient warlords and modern tyrants might attempt to sieze power. I'm genuinely surprised Hailing hasn't already emerged to re-create our Empire in the afterlife.
    She spares several glances around. I never thought ruling from the shadows was his style. Where is his horned highness, anyhow?

Anyways...
    she shakes her head. This process, consolidiating power, takes time. For certain, Solitus has got to be strong, himself, and will not accept being betrayed. What we get with the killswitch is leverage. The ability to, even temporarily, hold a knife to the necks of everybody in this rebellion who would seek to drag us into their petty faction trying to sieze power after Kurumo topples Solitus, while we will have fooled the Rebel Alliance into NOT seeking ways to get through the lockdown. After all, they have somebody on the inside! Why would they risk damaging the afterlife? She gives Tailripper a wry smile. Even if it only buys us hours, it's the best way I can think of to guarantee our power and independence.

More importantly, if we ARE forced to flip the switch, the Alliance will have no reason to think we weren't on their side from the beginning.
    She points out. Which is fine by me, maybe they won't have me kicked back down to Hell. That's really all I want, and i'm sure you'd want that too. Our goals aren't mutually exclusive. She gestures to the recording studio. Obviously the incompetence of the Kais is plain and obvious for everyone to see. Yes, yes it was. But there's a few I could think of who might need someone to spell it out. By all means, spread your message! Makes my job easier, actually. Right, because of the whole "Solitus told me to spread his word" thing.

And, uh, i'm sorry if I was rude, earlier. She apologized. Things are rather tense, and although I can fight, i'm not that strong.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Godtube Station
    Tailripper shakes his head.
    "1. If they topple Solitus and reinstate the people that allowed this to all happen, that won't solve things for them. People will remember something like this.

2. Hailing isn't dead. We'd know if he was. For one, Solitus would not be leading the charge.

3. Solitus isn't the man you think. He is egomaniacal beyond all reason. He has no fears, no doubts, and power that I'm not sure what the true limits are. He will not regard your threat as reason to stop anything. You'll just be making him see you as the next target to prove his own perfection to all the world.

4. Most of us powerful ones don't really care about ruling the afterlife. Its not a kingdom, its just another prison. The jailbreak is not complete, and all of this is pointless if we can't escape back to life. For that Solitus needs to be a distraction. Political power can wait for when we're alive. We don't have a way out yet, so we can't do anything that will get us killed otherwise, like threatening the most powerful one of us all.

5. The speech cannot be said NOW. Its a specific moment thing. The peoples hatred has to build from his misrule. That is why I'm here and not somewhere else. Its apart of a wider long term plan that I know not of, and I will not go against the orders of my true master."

Yeah you basically are dealing with a guy whose entire plan was to do nothing but wait here until a specific moment arrived, he is not going to leave until he has done that specific thing.

Shining City
    As for the transmission......hm...

The Lockdown Shield and the Godtube Station were built at very different times. They are almost certainly not intended to work together. Now, can it pierce this lockdown shield to the mortal realm? Leaving aside that the narrator certainly did not think of this interaction even though its obvious in hindsight, let us remember that Universe 13 is also quarantined in general, and Godtube is a network that spans BEYOND a single Universe. However! The entire deal with the Time Patrol and North Kaiio and such scheming to keep the Universe isolated? Cut U13's local Godtube server off from the rest of the other 12-13 Godtube Stations out there. After all, it would kind of kill the point of isolating U13 from the others if they could still tune in and see whats happening within. So there is at least one thing that CAN block the Godtube transmissions from reach across such dimensional boundaries. Question is, is the Lockdown Shield made so that it can do the same? Its original intention was to make all telepathy, scrying and teleportation could not get through. Meaning that if its working as intended, it'd be updated so that it applies to Godtube transmissions as well, though it does not have the same danger as telepathic attacks.

However, U13 has been in a governmental stasis for 5 million years. While this does not stop change on some level- people will work on stuff and do things even when the leader isn't making any commands- it doesn't really organize it well. Thing is, what is telepathy? Given that its a martial technique, its technically a form of enlightenment where you realize that distance is an illusion and that you can transmit thoughts to anyone you can sense, as otherwise you'd have to transmit your thoughts across space and time which would run up against speed of light limitations. Now thing is, the Godtube station would have to run on a similar principle to get around the speed of light limitation as well since it transmits across all the Universes, and since the lockdown shield shuts down telepathy which runs on "distance is an illusion" principle, it has to make it NOT an illusion. Behold! The distance is real. And transmitting across the entire universe is a very long distance indeed. Therefore its blocked, in the sense that its transmitted like a normal transmission- its under the speed of light and won't reach Earth for......millions of years. Sorry.

Scrying and Teleportation of course, run on the same "distance is an illusion" principle. This is very good for teleportation users, as the alternative is the whole ripping yourself apart and rebuilding yourself in a different location thing and no one wants to get into the morbid identity/continuity questions that involve that. Unless there is some other principle the Godtube station can run on that this narrator is not aware of.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

[Vodkana]

Vodkana blocked the ki claws, with her claws. "So.. what your deal anyway? You want to kill me? Or to force me to fire the Sayian Squad nya? They won't be very happy you know?" Vodkana spinned and used her tail as whip.
    Vodkana have noticed the commotion. Her aura glowed dark blue.
    "Sadly, your time ran out. Nya. I am going to destory you."

Inside Katnep's mind:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vodkana threw huge dark blue ki ball of desturction- and Katnep will be too slow to react- it anhaliating her left hand.
    Vodkana turn her back. "Sayian chefs.. take her and teach her a lesson." And just like that she walked away.
    Sayian chefs grabbed Katenp. "Oh! Chef in training! Good good! Soon, no Sayian will stay a warrior!"

Katnep was engulfed in dark blue flames, which didn't seemed to harm her physically.
    Vodkana turned her back. "Don't worry, King Vegeta. She will live. Hopefully she will wake up as smarter girl...nya. in hour or so. Or maybe a week? It's up to her." She shrugged.

The T Rex leg, were cut clear. He growled in pain, and tried to crash on Tabby.

The Panda just grinned evilly. He changed into.. a barrage of punch gloves.

The Tanuki gunslinger tried to dodge in the last moment, but gotten injured in his shoulder- he hissed angerly, turning into a cannon with tanuki tail, and shoot at the boulder Martin. Jr' hidden behind. "Damn you! I'll just terminate you!"

Patturo the karana fought against his rival without any advancment.

[Heaven][Spoon]

Spoon hurried to slide into the shadows, when he sensed troubles.
    he lurked around, waiting for the namekian to be distracted- and when that happens, he send hands, to catch his feet, and hold him place, and help the others to attack him.

[Godtube Station]

Tsarbone nodded. "Oh, yes. What she is saying is the complete beautiful truth." he said. |She is proffesional!"
    Tsarbone remained silent, as he tried to clean up the place, but just ended cutting up stuff.
    He slithered away looking for Blizzan.
    "So.. General.." he said quitly. "As comrades from the same Empire.. I am looking for faces I know, do we have a plan?"
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2018-04-13 at 12:07 AM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Adventure!
    Meanwhile Astralys dodges to the side of the barrage and tries to begin poisoning his fate, pinch by pinch, keeping herself evasive and pinching him little by little when she sees an opening as various little counterattacks.

Blizzan
    He whispers back to Tsarbone
    "My plan? Get answers for fights that do not make sense in the library....then leave death, somehow get back to life, find a good place to enjoy battle and slaughter. I can't sate my ad-I mean enjoy battle if I lose to them. I might have to pull out my hidden power if it comes to a confrontation....but I'm not going to back to Hell. There is no point to staying in this place."
    He shrugs.
    "I guess you can come with if you want to learn the answers as well. I can promise nothing though."
    Who knows? It might be good to have.....something to.....tide him over if he spends too long in there.....something to......spill the blood of...If this Namekian doesn't satisfy.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-04-12 at 07:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Godtube Station

Traube stared down Tailripper, a faintly concerned look on her face, but for completely different reasons than any fears her cover might have been blown. That's fine. Just...clean up when you're done, will you? I need to find the manual override for the lockdown. If you happen to know where to find it, i'd appreciate it. As soon as possible.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

The T Rex leg, were cut clear. He growled in pain, and tried to crash on Tabby.
    [[BGM]]

Tabby was having none of that. She leapt back and grabbed the t-rex's head as it fell, then attempted to use her leverage to toss the giant beast right up into the air, jumping up after it and running up its giant body as she slashed it with her blade, attempting to cut it in half lengthwise from head to tail.

[Vodkana]

Vodkana blocked the ki claws, with her claws. "So.. what your deal anyway? You want to kill me? Or to force me to fire the Sayian Squad nya? They won't be very happy you know?" Vodkana spinned and used her tail as whip.

Vodkana have noticed the commotion. Her aura glowed dark blue.

"Sadly, your time ran out. Nya. I am going to destory you."

Inside Katnep's mind:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vodkana threw huge dark blue ki ball of desturction- and Katnep will be too slow to react- it anhaliating her left hand.

Vodkana turn her back. "Sayian chefs.. take her and teach her a lesson." And just like that she walked away.

Sayian chefs grabbed Katenp. "Oh! Chef in training! Good good! Soon, no Sayian will stay a warrior!"

Katnep was engulfed in dark blue flames, which didn't seemed to harm her physically.

Vodkana turned her back. "Don't worry, King Vegeta. She will live. Hopefully she will wake up as smarter girl...nya. in hour or so. Or maybe a week? It's up to her." She shrugged.
    Vodkana's plan was a good one. For most people, it would have worked. However, there was one thing she didn't count on.

Inside her dreamscape, Katnep's eyes widened. No ... after coming this far, she couldn't let it end like this. She wouldn't! As the Saiyan chefs began to drag her away, her mind wandered back to all that the Saiyan chefs had done to her and her family. She remembered the indignities her father suffered under the rule of the Nyagato chefs. It was the reason he'd left her on New Plant, to be raised by a true warrior culture. Not that she didn't have a latent talent for cooking, of course -- all Nyagato did, after all, especially compared to other races. But her Saiyan pride wouldn't let her forget. And now, and now ... her father's efforts would be in vain. She'd failed. The Saiyan chefs would take over, erasing their warrior culture for good.

She thought of her father, whose efforts were now in vain. She thought of her fellow Saiyan tribe members, who, for all they made fun of her at first for her heritage, were good people. Good warriors.

She thought of Pinappla, whose warrior spirit would be forever crushed under the heel of the chefs.

It was perhaps this last thought that pushed Katnep over the edge. Her rage began to build, adrenaline pumping through her veins like blood. She let out a bloodcurdling yell of rage, both in the dreamscape and in the real world. Her tail stripes glowed ever brighter, cutting through the dark blue flames with a golden light. And through it all, Katnep screamed in rage. Almost subconsciously, she activated her cooking beam. However, as she turned this technique, meant to empower others, on herself ... something interesting happened.

Steam began to pour off Katnep as she was cooked from within. The power was almost too much, but as it reached the tipping point, her Saiyan DNA activated, giving her a zenkai boost, and thus more energy to cook. Steam poured off of her as she cooked herself over and over again, screaming in pain and rage each time. And as she did, the glow on her tail burst and spread to the rest of her fur like a water balloon popping. The glow faded for a moment, then seemed to pulse, making its way up her tail, her arms, and up to her hair. Every bit of hair and fur on her body began to pulse a golden yellow, cutting through the dark flames. Lightning lashed out, striking the ground around her as she cried out. And as it seemed like it would reach its peak, as soon as it looked like she would break through and discover a tremendous new height of power, she suddenly ... exploded. All that power radiated outward from her in a massive blast of energy, leaving a deep crater in the ground as Katnep fainted, losing consciousness from the sheer strain on her body. All was silent and still as she lay there in the center of the crater, unconscious but alive.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-04-13 at 12:54 AM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Godtube Station

Traube stared down Tailripper, a faintly concerned look on her face, but for completely different reasons than any fears her cover might have been blown. That's fine. Just...clean up when you're done, will you? I need to find the manual override for the lockdown. If you happen to know where to find it, i'd appreciate it. As soon as possible.
    Godtube Station
    Tailripper shakes his head.
    "Unfortunately, there is no manual override. The security of Heaven and its defenses are a divine duty and privilege granted to Kurumo and possibly anybody above him, such as Shin. And if there was a manual override, it certainly wouldn't be located here in Heaven, something important as that would be placed on the Planet of the Kais. Speaking of the Shin, the fighting from what I can sense has pretty died down for the most part, but Shin is still alive, has he surrendered? Thats actually a pretty smart move for that slacker, considering what happens if he dies- Wait."
    He claps his hands together.
    "I think your advice will be helpful after all! You said that if the Rebel Alliance comes they will restore the status quo, correct? Well I just had an idea of how to improve my plan! Instead of just leaving a message in the form of criticism, I'll simply go up to the Planet of Kais and assassinate Shin while no one is looking! Through the connection, Beerus will die as well, then I'll destroy Shin's soul after that so that he cannot be wished back! I'll be infamous throughout all the universe! Makai will sing my praises for ages to come, and it will be a far more permanent and deadly message to leave than just some criticism! Its not in the plan, but I'm sure my master will be pleased nonetheless! And even if he isn't, there is always other Makaioshin that WILL be....oh and maybe kill the rest of the kais as well. Just to be sure. "
    He turns to leave. Uh oh. Maybe you shouldn't go too deep in trying to improve the villains plan. It might just go horribly right.

Saiyan Diplomacy
    The saiyans, are confused as to what happened
    “What is going on?” one asks
    “It seems she is trapped in some strange technique, almost as if she experiencing some dream?” Lettan speculates, then she exploded. Lettan runs over and says
    "Yup, even after that, she is still alive."
    “Technically the duel isn't over Vodkana. She said “to the death” and you accepted those terms without quibbling, so I can't honestly say a winner has been decided, since the win conditions haven't been fulfilled, since you fight until you die. Thats what “to the death” means. Yes it is a child's foolishness that brought this about. That doesn't make it any less valid I'm afraid, so you leaving now counts as leaving the duel like a coward. When you accept a duel, your making a deal with your opponent, and now you've gone back on that deal. I'm sorry to say this, but by saiyan law, you either have to kill her or this will be considered a dishonorable ending to the duel, and you will have shame stain you, just as any saiyan would if they did the same. Just keeping you informed.”
    “Can't you....do anything?” Pinappla asks
    “No, Pinappla, I can't. It is a Saiyan's Right to fight to the death as long as the other party agrees, as well as a saiyans right to choose what foe they die facing against. If the saiyan makes a bad decision of which foe and what time....that is their problem. What kind of ruler would I be if I stomped on those rights? Though it might need an age restriction...”
    Jade rolls her eyes. This is why she didn't value honor herself. The honorable thing, isn't always the right thing.

19. - Top - End - #199

RedWizardGuy

Earth

As Katnep...started loudly building towards critical mass the Max split that was sparring with a few of the saiyans on the hull of his ship stopped and looked over. This resulted in three saiyans hitting it at once, a punch to the cheek, and a pair of spinning kicks from either side. Not that they did much, the split had enough power to outclass the warriors it had been sent to fight, as far as Max was concerned it was for fun more than to present them a perfectly reasonable challenge.

As the saiyans it had been sparring at the dawning realization that the split had been going easy on them the entire time, it looked over to them and held up a hand, "One moment, this looks like it could use my attention." The split then watched the process from it's vantage point. It was pretty apparent that Katnep wasn't trying to blow herself up and take out the planet, but whatever else was going on, Max had missed large chunks of the lead up. He did recognize the signs of a super saiyan transformation when they seemed to be presenting themselves though. So, as Katnep petered out and fell over with an explosion of heat, the Max split that had been moving to rejoin the others with Arkea and Masala split off from them and walked over to check Katnep's pulse.

On confirming that Katnep was, indeed, alive*, the split then held a hand out and started infusing the downed saiyan hybrid with healing energy. This seemed like an opportune moment to introduce the saiyans to the idea that healing could be accomplished with some kind of technique, even if they didn't know how to do it themselves. Max was very conveniently (for him) not weighing in on the honor of the duel or anything, rather letting the monkey wrench of healing be it's own spanner in the works of that train of logic (and possibly give King Vegeta an out for ruling differently than tradition would dictate).

Meanwhile, on the hull of his ship, the Max split there nodded and critiqued the blows he had recieved, "The punch was fairly solid, but next time try to twist your wrist at the last moment before impact, to get a deeper penetration to the power of your blow. Good teamwork with the kicks, though next time try aiming each for a different vertical location, as it was I could have, in theory, intercepted both by raising my arms. If one of you swept for my legs and the other for my arms, it complicates my defensive options. Or head and torso, or what have you. Let's keep going."

*or, at the very least, not Dead dead. Max's healing could potentially bring someone back who had suffered clinical death, like their heart stopping or going brain dead for example, but bringing someone back who is actually dead would require retrieving their soul from the check in station line, or worse, the actual afterlife. Both of which were under lock down.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2018-04-13 at 01:53 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Library of Endless Knowledge
    Tsarbone smiled with self importance.
    "Well, I happen to be am archeologist who untwpped the true power broken form of my specie. I also have conqured dozens of planets, and got killed by Apfel himself
    "Such beautiful death..."
    He looked around, sighing, for having deadly blades instead of hands. He really wanted to read those books.
    "So... what battles exactly disturb you?"

Vodkana

Vodkana shrugged. "Nya? Coward? I have been called worse." She turned around rolling her eyes.
    "Because for someone who can destroy planets with a snip of her finger, it would be coward to not to kill helpless little angry and weak girl."

But meanwhile... through nightmare magic, Vodkana talked to King Vegeta through sort of telepathy, but.. in very intimadting tone.
    Spoiler
    Show

I suggest you drop the subject, and use your pathetic tsun tsun manipulation to calm the situation down. If you won't... you will beg of me to kill you. Nya. And I'll explain you exactly why, nya-" she shown him simulation of Vegeta and herself dualing- and she knock him out with a finger flip.
    you are soooo much weaker than Katnep. Nya. And once fatty kitty like me will defeat you- you will lose control over your idiotic specie. They will go and spread havoc, abd then I will destroy your planet, and genocide every single on of them-" she shown him simulation of this too.
    "And I will leave only you alive. But you are lucky- my friends might scold me for genociding, so I want to avoid it if possible. And, I see that you are a Sayian with at least half brain functioning nya. I am giving you generouse offer- use your tsun tsun charm, and drop this. You really don't want to anger me. Nya.

"Do you really think, the honorable thing for me, to do is to kill helpless little girl? Nya?"

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight glanced back and forth between Vodkana, Vegeta, and Katnep. Realizing Vodkana was using Nightmare Magic (she had been there when she learned it, after all), she sighed and summoned a rolled-up newspaper, bopping Vodkana on the head with it. "Remember what Princess Luna said about relying on that too much," she said.

"If I may," she added, stepping forward. "This reminds me of a similar situation that occurred during the first meeting between ponykind and the minotaur tribes. We eventually decided to consider the duel invalid, as it was entered into with a lack of knowledge of each others' culture, and it would be considered dishonorable for either side to take advantage of the other's lack of knowledge. Perhaps a similar decision could be reached here?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Starlight glanced back and forth between Vodkana, Vegeta, and Katnep. Realizing Vodkana was using Nightmare Magic (she had been there when she learned it, after all), she sighed and summoned a rolled-up newspaper, bopping Vodkana on the head with it. "Remember what Princess Luna said about relying on that too much," she said.

"If I may," she added, stepping forward. "This reminds me of a similar situation that occurred during the first meeting between ponykind and the minotaur tribes. We eventually decided to consider the duel invalid, as it was entered into with a lack of knowledge of each others' culture, and it would be considered dishonorable for either side to take advantage of the other's lack of knowledge. Perhaps a similar decision could be reached here?"
    Vodkana mewed with pain, and held the place on the head she was wacked at, with tears in her eyes.
    "Nyyyya! You are such a tyrant, Starlight-sama! I was just having fun! Nya! It's not fair!"

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Saiyan Diplomacy
    Congratulations, Vodkana. You just did what Yankar was going to do two duels later anyways.

Have fun finding out exactly how effective threatening a saiyan is.

Hint: it usually backfires.

You feel the planet trembling. Just, a constant low vibration throughout all the world. A background rumble as King Vegeta, Seventh of His Name, just sits still and glares at you with unyielding intensity. He was not powering up, or anything. He is just really angry on the inside and its showing. He is clearly thinking his response through.
    "Vodkana." Jade says like patient, yet reproachful mother. "What did you do?"
    Pinappla is currently scared and hiding behind Jade and Beryl. All the saiyans are looking at him in interest and wonder. All saiyans understood instinctively: you do NOT make Vegeta angry. You never like him when he is angry. King Vegeta stands up, looking like a model king to his subjects.
    ".....Mu. Question Is Invalid. Not killing a young girl is COMPASSIONATE which has nothing to do with HONOR. Honor is that your word is bond, that your actions are consistent with what you say, and when you agree to a duel to the death, you agree to kill the opponent. If you had a problem with that, you should've said so BEFORE THE DUEL STARTED! You did not HAVE to agree to the duel. You could've proposed an alternative duel that WASN'T to the death, but you DID NOT. I thank you for your dishonorable compassion. And perhaps Starlight is right about this duel being invalid due to cultural misunderstandings.

But I will not stand for you threatening genocide upon my people behind everyone's back through some illusion-trickery for blaming me because of a petty matter that is out of my hands! Know this, Vodkana, Aspiring Goddess of Destruction: We did not come here in fear. We did not come to beg and cower before your might. We came here to face the greatest threats to our kind and do anything my power to defend my subjects, and I will do it by word or by fist, successful or not. You underestimate the saiyan race if you think a mere thing like death scares us!

Death? We LAUGH at death. We spit in its face with every battle we win. Death is nothing but another face to punch, Extinction nothing but another foe to fight! Every day we go out and fight! Every day we charge at deaths smiling skull and yell at the top of our lungs: NOT TODAY!! And so that, is what I say to you: Not. Today. You will not threaten, or scare me today! You will not cow me today! You will not kill a single saiyan today! You will not be above the law today! I will consider the duel invalid, even as I am thankful for her life being spared! For these are our traditions and my personal feelings as a person do not involve what We do as King!

That girl you left in your illusions over there, Katnep- by doing what she did, she will be far braver than you ever will be. She did not go back on her word! She did not back down from facing death! She charged in screaming out justice! This is what I must acknowledge as the King of the Saiyans! And if you think that a threat of genocide will scare me under your thumb, think again. I am Vegeta! King of All Saiyans! You threaten the saiyans, MY PEOPLE and I will NEVER back down! This is my PRIDE as their ruler! A rulers first job is to protect those under him! I will gain the Super Saiyan form, to protect my people! True power comes when you can grow without compromising who you truly are, what you hold sacred in your heart! I cast aside nothing! Not my Courage, not my Pride, not my Traditions, not my people- NOTHING! Certainly not to you! SAIYANS! WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"LAUGH AT DEATH!" they answer as one.
    "Well, what are you waiting for?
    King Vegeta asks with an amused, arrogant smile while pointing at Vodkana.
    "She's right there."
    They all laugh at Vodkana. To her face. Except for Pinappla. Jade just looks at all this lazily.
    ".....Do I have get out my dunce hats and starting yelling "Love and Peace!" again? Cause I'll totally do that if I need to...."
    Vegeta then sits back down.
    "Now then. I believe we have a second matter to attend to, involving Pinappla..."
    He is so bold as to immediately ignore Vodkana after laughing at her and continuing on as if nothing happened. If there is anything saiyans have to make up for their lack of intelligence, its sheer balls. He just basically said long-form "screw you specifically" then got back to business.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-04-13 at 01:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight gave a long-suffering sigh, pulling out her phone as she pressed one of the speed-dial options.

"Hi Princess Luna ... yeah, it happened again. Yeah ... the entire Saiyan race."

Starlight hung up, listening to Vegeta's speech. She had to admit, she was quite impressed with it. She kept an eye on Vodkana, ready to help further if needed.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #205

RedWizardGuy

Earth

While the others talked, and Vegeta made a splendiferous speech about burning willpower and pride, Max finished healing up Katnep. Then, if she didn't wake up from that, or was playing possom for some reason, Max poked at her forehead a few times to try and get her to take up. "Hey...it's time to wake up, you're not dead yet."

In the meantime, the Max split sparring with the saiyan on the ship had paused their fighting so the saiyans could listen to their king speechify. As that wrapped up the Max split up there resumed sparring with the saiyans, lending some background noises to the proceedings down in the Shining City in the form of a few powerful blows landing, dulled by the distance, here and there.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana rolled her eyes.
    "Ok. Sure. I'll dual your whole stupid specie. Nya. You know something? I wasn't paying much attention, I didn't had reason to. nya. Your honor is stupid." Vodkana has summoned pair of Ki Paw Gloves.
    "And I am not in the mood to play anymore.' and with that she sent powerful punch into King Vegeta's belly.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Saiyan Diplomacy:
    A few seconds earlier:
    Pinappla looks up at Jade and pleads
    "Please....please help..."
    Jade looks down upon her and nods.

Now:
    There is a flash of rainbow light, and Jade was suddenly there, catching the punch with her palm, looking at Vodkana with her steely gaze.
    "Initiating hostilities.....is not something I teach."
    She holds out her other hand in front of Vegeta.
    "I'll pound you both into the ground if I need to. I want to believe in the potential for the saiyan race to change for the better. I cannot have that if they are dead. I want to believe in your potential as well Vodkana. The decisions you make sometimes....worry me. Just remember, both of you: people who harm innocents are not my friends. They are not people I can be at peace with. Regardless of who it is. If either of you want this diplomacy with me to be successful, you'll remember that. I tried to not interfere, but it would not be Just of me to let this unravel. Especially when they came to negotiate with me."
    Honestly, she was starting to get Oxyribo flashbacks whenever Vodkana does something like this.
    "Now are you both going to stand down? Or do I have to knock you all out and get out my dunce hats?"
    "Hmph. Don't look at me. I never intended to fight anybody outside prescribed duels agreed upon beforehand. It is this one that attacked out of nowhere. I never agreed to a duel involving the entire saiyan race against her."
    "You did provoke her though."
    "and how would you, Jade Refera, respond to someone threatening the annihilation of everyone you knew and loved? Given your history, I doubt your all that different in that regard."
    "Touche. Still could've been smarter about it though."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Saiyan Diplomacy:
    A few seconds earlier:
    Pinappla looks up at Jade and pleads
    "Please....please help..."
    Jade looks down upon her and nods.

Now:
    There is a flash of rainbow light, and Jade was suddenly there, catching the punch with her palm, looking at Vodkana with her steely gaze.
    "Initiating hostilities.....is not something I teach."
    She holds out her other hand in front of Vegeta.
    "I'll pound you both into the ground if I need to. I want to believe in the potential for the saiyan race to change for the better. I cannot have that if they are dead. I want to believe in your potential as well Vodkana. The decisions you make sometimes....worry me. Just remember, both of you: people who harm innocents are not my friends. They are not people I can be at peace with. Regardless of who it is. If either of you want this diplomacy with me to be successful, you'll remember that. I tried to not interfere, but it would not be Just of me to let this unravel. Especially when they came to negotiate with me."
    Honestly, she was starting to get Oxyribo flashbacks whenever Vodkana does something like this.
    "Now are you both going to stand down? Or do I have to knock you all out and get out my dunce hats?"
    "Hmph. Don't look at me. I never intended to fight anybody outside prescribed duels agreed upon beforehand. It is this one that attacked out of nowhere. I never agreed to a duel involving the entire saiyan race against her."
    "You did provoke her though."
    "and how would you, Jade Refera, respond to someone threatening the annihilation of everyone you knew and loved? Given your history, I doubt your all that different in that regard."
    "Touche. Still could've been smarter about it though."
    Vodkana disfussed her ki paws, and frowned. "Consider yourself, lucky. Nya. I might in the entertainment business. I was discreet with you. Don't force on me your stupid traditions. I am not forcing mine. I was willing to play a bit, with this girl. Don't push my buttons sir."
    she turned to Jade.
    "Today... I'll back off. But you have to know that friendship and memes' won't always be enough to keep the universe safe. You want your conscience clear, as some hermit, and that cool. nya. But I am thinking bigger. And today... isn't looking promising for the sayian race's future. But for you Jade, I'll wait. I'll always love you." she turned her back and went to Max's ship.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2018-04-14 at 04:39 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Blizzan
    "The Hailing fight. The part where suddenly before it was reasonable tactics and fighting....then suddenly it was all about friendship and peace and love and WHAT THE HELL!? Since when did emotions like that have to do with the battlefield!? How did it suddenly become possible for such emotions to provide such energy, such power!?"
    He says to Tsarbone
    "It doesn't make sense! It implies a lot many things about the world's true physics. And I will go find the true shape of the world in the Library of the Kais....the greatest repository of knowledge this Universe has! And I will understand why such things occur. Because no one else is asking why that happened. Why that is possible."

Saiyan Diplomacy: Playing Saiyan Roulette
    Jade thinks wryly to herself that it was never about the friendship, and that she hated memes. But whatever. She never lost the willingness to kill. She is only letting it sleep until it needs to wake up.

King Vegeta just raises an eyebrow. He comes seeking diplomatic peace and she responds by accepting a duel without know the rules, treating her opponent as if they were a joke, then trying to get out of the duel without doing what was agreed upon, then when he explains the facts to her, she claims that it was being "forced" upon her? It was only forced upon her in her mind. King Vegeta only sees her as volatile and dangerous, not as something to fear. Beerus is to be feared because he is consistent, because you can count on him to follow the rules and will be mad if you screw up. Someone who doesn't however, is only a loose cannon. A saiyan that fights his opponents in duels is one thing, but a saiyan that attacks people without warning is entirely another and needs to be put down. To a saiyan, honor isn't just a pretty word, its a practical contractual thing that is needed to make sure their entire society doesn't devolve into people ambushing and killing each other to become slightly more powerful. Not respecting that culture is not going to win her any points. It was like she heard Katnep's cry for justice and accusations about her not respecting saiyan culture and decided to prove Katnep right.

Neither of them voice their thoughts however. It would not be wise, both decided.
    "....So yes, about Pinappla."
    "Yeah, I'll see what she wants, Hey you! Pinappla! What do you want with me?"
    "I.....i....well....I'm a big fan of you and.....I want to fight you in a duel! but NOT to the death! Just knockout! Please? Just a friendly one, not.....that crazy thing that just happened."
    Many boos and cries of "your weak!" from the saiyan crowd.
    "Seems reasonable. Fight until knockout. I agree to that."
    They fly to apart of the snowy wasteland that isn't damaged. Pinappla takes a battle stance while Jade remains relaxed in her stand, putting her hands in her pockets.
    "So......whats your story? There's got to be some reason why you came here specifically to fight me, I mean yeah I get your a fan, but is that all?"
    ".....Well perhaps I should explain....When I was six, I saw your victory against Hailing. I saw your strength, your power and it inspired me. To fight, to try and be strong among my fellow saiyans, to give it all I got, no matter how bad I was at fighting. There was something about you and story that stood out to me. Was it how you drew strength from your friends and ideals? Was it force of will, your ability to not give up in the face of an overwhelming foe? Your charisma, the flashy way you did it with style while making jokes and singing about what you fought for? Some other characteristic I have yet to place a finger on? To this day I still wonder that myself.

Regardless I fought. Empowered by your example, I went forth to fight every saiyan I could see, thinking I could take on the world. I was proven wrong, time and again. Every fight I went into, I got beaten by greater strength and skill. Every fight I got beaten harshly from my foolishness.

You see in Saiyan culture, there is a habit we call “Zenkai Gambling” or “playing Saiyan Roulette”. The idea is that you get into as many fights as you can and fighting as long and hard as you can manage, until your beaten near to death, so that your more likely to get a Zenkai boost, and then you repeat. Problem is, your getting beaten near to death, and doing it over and over again is dangerous. Saiyan biology can take it, but there is always a chance that you'll actually die from an attempt. Over a long period of time, its a simple matter of the odds, the house we're playing against is Death, and eventually anyone can roll snake eyes. Saiyan children are discouraged from doing this, due to the risks, but it doesn't always stop them.

That is what I was doing. From one perspective, I am “lucky”. I have playing saiyan roulette more than anyone and gotten out of it alive. But I don't feel lucky. Every time I lost so hard as to get sent to the hospital, I woke up slightly stronger, or somewhat stronger or a lot stronger than before- the thing about the gamble is that the results vary, and thus you never get a consistent boost. A saiyan might survive a near death experience only to find their power increasing only marginally- or they might wake up leaps and bounds more powerful than anyone they know. But that did not matter. What mattered is that I saw the ones around me who did not make it. All the ones who gambled their lives and lost, young and old, male and female, high and low class, prideful and humble. So every time I got back up to fight, I fought for the ones who didn't win the gamble. Every time I defeated the ones I lost against, easily with pure power. Only for me to lose against someone even more powerful.

That is why I'm so powerful at a young age. Yet....also so weak-willed. I've stared into death more times than I can count. Whereas others maybe would be mentally hardened from this, I wasn't. Each near-death experience made me more cautious, more afraid, more aware of what I could lose if I kept doing this. Yet still I keep going, careful to judge the exact amount of injury I have, how close I am to the edge. To get to that narrow zone where it kicks in- and no farther. Because I saw you in my mind. I saw someone who I can look up to, while all other saiyans see me as nothing but a failure of a fighter.

So thats why I fight: for all those who didn't make it. I fight, because I'm a low class warrior who survived saiyan roulette where many others did not. I fight to prove that I'm a warrior to you! Because every time I was near death, I pictured your victory, your story and it gave me the will to keep going. To keep surviving. The will to keep fighting! And now here I stand before you today.”

“Aaaaah. I see.” Jade muses.
    A big burst of colorless aura surrounds Pinappla as she gets fired up.
    "So I will fight! For all the ones didn't make it as far! For the ones who were not me! To prove that it as all worth it!"
    Pinappla charges at Jade.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

[Tsarbone]

"Well.. it probably matter of genetics." Tsarbone said thoughtfully. "At least, this how it works for me and Apfel: Apfel as Minister Spoon revealed, is decadent of sort of primodoral psychic monster. I have discovered, that us Belilyans were created by the Kai Of Beauty for sake of destroying ugliness- he have put this obssesion deep into our brains. Beside the Katchin hide, it also give my precognitive sense how to land the most deadly hit. Emotions, are after all, just brain chemicals." Tsarbone paused.
    "As for, the andoirds, with the questionable style of fashion... " he shrugged. "They are androids. Some mad geniouse had programed them to be like that. You see, the ugly truth, that it's all about genetics. My admire foe beauty, your admire for war.. it's all chemicals. And some chemicals just make you stronger. Hailing, never had to use such chemicals- he was naturally strong. The andorids, just happened to have chemicals strong enough, and also... the colorful beautiful horse.. I don't know enough of her specie, but I guess her chemicals and insticts might be herd based- she seems like she is from vegeterian herd specie."
    Tsarbone sighed, almost dissapointed. 'No beautiful truth here."

------
    My previouse Avater