New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 38

[The Sanctuary Fortress]

VORP!

Suddenly three people from Trog's appear on the teleportation platform inside the Court of Meeting!

There are already several medics nearby with stretchers waiting for Ray. Isn't that thoughtful of them?

"Oi!" thunders the dwarf at the teleporter's controls. "Ye be welcom to th' Sanctuary Fortress! May ye be mor bless'd when ye go than when ye came!"

"Hopefully we'll leave with more of our bodies intact when we leave, too," Amil sighs as she limps into the courtyard. She never really liked the whole magical healing thing. Just didn't sit right with her. Why wasn't the Kindgom of God given power like this when the heathens are?

Silly heathens.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Magmart

"It depends on what attacks us, little buddy. If we find ourselves fighting something? Magchete time." He humors the bladed weapon.

Hmm... Silencing sheath? Sure, why not.

Harnel will pay for both the normal sheath and the silencing one, though, as he feels that the silencing one is a bit cruel, but potentially useful.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Sanctuary Fortress

Ray materializes along with the others, looking a bit dazed. He's not used to this kind of teleportation, and is still blinking heavily from the flash of light that accompanied it. Fumblingly, he grabs his hip flask and takes a swig of whiskey, before hobbling towards the stretchers. He always drinks before checking into a hospital. Usually, the stupid doctors won't allow him any booze while he's there.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #1414

MagMart

"Thank you for shopping at MagMart! Come again soon, and remember our MagMart Savings Club program is available to all, especially if you've got tons of money and are willing to sign a contract without reading it first!"

Harnel gets his stuff and gets sent on his way! Woo, that was easy!

Sanctuary Fortress

"Wait what?"

That snarky comment from Amil is all it takes for Magtok to suddenly be scared out of his wits. He doesn't want to be dissected! His parts are important and secret and totally classified! He can't just let any old medic slice him up and look inside, or he might accidentally help some lucky doctor hugely advance medical science in the Nexus, without ever seeing a dime for all his pain and suffering!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-08 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

[Magmart]

Harnel smiles and walks out the door. Hopefully a weapon will be useful once the "Task" rolls around. No, on to AMEN!
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abrajin's Library]

Xalicus carefully checked the books in the sarcophagus to make sure they weren't rigged to make the crypt explode or something. Magical libraries often had magical defences, and even if they didn't, falling books could be deadly in large enough quantities. He didn't want this trip to end in "books fall, everyone dies".

Once he was sure if the books were safe, he remembered to dust the area around him, then, if they weren't trapped, decided to have a better look at the contents of the sarcophagus's books.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

7. - Top - End - #1417

[Sanctuary Fortress]

One of the medics coughs politly. "I think what she means, Lord Magtok, is that she hopes you all leave fully healed. And don't worry, you will," the man glances off in Amil's direction as the Tyranid plops down on a nearby bench next to a waterfall under a shade tree in a rather grumpy fashion.

Because there's totally an indoor garden here and also because Amil is totally grumpy.

"I... just don't think she approves of our religion. Though I'm not altogether sure why."

They're totally nice people who have been helping out the Nexus and stuff!

Not deranged sex-cults or bugdemon worshipers or anything.

"If you would care to lay down we can see to your wounds," the medic says to Maggy. "Though I'm afraid we won't be able to do anything about the cybernetics."

Ray will be placed on a comfy bed as several medics see to him, removing the wrapping son his leg and dabbing the wound with holy oil whist muttering prayers. He'll actually get to watch the damage regenerate painlessly. It's actually kind of neat.

8. - Top - End - #1418

Sanctuary Fortress

"You're damn right you won't be able to do anything about the cybernetics." Mag says with unnecessary rudeness, before rubbing a finger against a crack in his left eye. Fudge, the punch that golem threw at him really did a number on his face. It might not be such a bad idea to invest in some faster reaction times or something. Whatever it'll take to not get such horrible bruises and fractures next time. "Erm...sorry. Just don't like anyone touching my work." Best not to cheese off the guy volunteering to throw you a free heal, right? He lies down as he was told to, groaning slightly as he turns his neck to one side.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-08 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #1419

Sanctuary Fortress

Ray stares down at his leg as the muscles and veins and tendons and meaty-bits knit themselves back together, horrified fascination plain on his face. Then he starts throwing up, leaning over the edge of the stretcher as he regurgitates his breakfast. He really hates the sight of blood. His own blood, anyway. Not to mention that watching your leg regenerate is just creepy.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"I'll remember that." Sakura promises before she returns the kiss. "Hm, I don't really know. What do people buy for babies?" She has absolutely no idea at all what they're buying on the shopping trip she suggested. >.> She only knew that they needed stuff!
    Adir's a little surprised at that. "You don't know?" Seems he's almost as confused. The stag grins. "Gonna be a fun afternoon."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1421

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Mostly the hole oil just mends the bones back together again. Which is oddly really fast compared to the seemingly simpler healing. A large clump of moss is dipped in a syrupy oil and placed on Ray's wound before being wrapped int bandages once again.

"There. That should take the pain off, sir. Keep the dressing on your wound and it should be fully healed within a day. Feel free to walk on it, there shouldn't be any pain and it won't cause any damage."

Wow.

That's nifty!

The healing might not be instant, but it's certainly pretty darn amazing.

The medic smiles and adds, "While we don't demand payment for our services donations aren't frowned upon. Whether you choose to give or not go with Zoemaytare's blessing."

Maggy's wounds are mostly not quite as bad as the stuff that Ray suffered. Or at least not as obvious. Maggy gets his bald head anointed with the same bone-mending oil that Ray got to fix his skull fractures. He also gets offered a cup of something that smells a lot like tea, cream and cinnamon. "This will help to keep the brain-swelling down. Please drink it."

Brain swelling is terrible. Wouldn't want Maggy to get a bigger head than he already has.

Amil, meanwhile, is getting swabbed and dabbed to mend the mostly superficial puncture wounds she suffered. Her body is pretty darn tough and she apparently took the crystal spikes like a boss. Though she still has to remove her cloths for the work to be done.

Thankfully she's equipped with carapace armor instead of female bits, so she isn't indecent in the least.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Sakura laughs. Indeed it was. Just then the doctor returns. Sakura lets go of Adir with one arm so she can face him. He hands her the picture. "Here you are. Do you two need anything else?"

Sakura looks up at Adir. "I don't think so."

13. - Top - End - #1423

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Nah. We should be fine. Thank you, Doctor." Adir tries to shake Darkspear's hand. "I'm really glad we came."

With that, the stag gives him a nod, and they presumably make their exit.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital -> Out]

The troll shakes his hand. "Good luck you two."

"Thanks, Dr Darkspear. Bye." And leave they do. As they walk out, Sakura says. "So any ideas where to go first? I guess she'll needs some kind of bed. Ooh, and clothes. And, um..." She's at a loss.

15. - Top - End - #1425

Streets

"Bed... might not work just yet. I still don't have a car to move it with, y'know?" Adir shrugs. "We could have it delivered, I guess. But then there's the toys, and the clothes, and..." Adir is also at a loss. "Where do we get baby stuff?" I'm sure Magmart would have some amusing options. Considering it seems to have everything else.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"Yeah, you're right. So just small stuff then. Um..." The dryad thinks. "Oh, how 'bout that store where we got that chocolate milk. MagMart or something. I bet they'd have something. That place was huge." She doesn't remember seeing anything, but like she said, huge.

Maggy'll just need a good poking tomorrow.

17. - Top - End - #1427

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Claymore Bar and Grill

Well, nothing will stop Zefir from grabbing the machine's hand and trying to place the explosive despite the robot's interference, but it does still have a hold on his neck, so it simply tightens it's grip, trying to strangle him.
    Claymore Bar and Grill

Zefir doesn't need much time it's more a placing an push a button. Zefir seems to just smlie by noteung the machines try to live.

After all he will now use both hands to free himself from the grap. While doing so he moves around the machine to have it as cover even when he fails to free himself.

The explosion itself won't be big, but beeing directly in front od it would hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    After an age, Legion starts to get a little irritated. The Holder must be toying with her. She's saying the same things, over and over. This can't be how it goes. Right?

Rrrgh. The Lady's always loathe to do anything that hasn't been pre-planned, but unfortunately, this Object doesn't really come with a plan. A method. So, she's got to make her own, and unfortunately, she won't wait forever.

Of course, if the Lady's wrong, or if she's supposed to wait, attacking could mean the end of her. 'Nothing' is not an Object to be trifled with, despite it's name. But she is Legion. That has to count for something.

With a scream of challenge, Legion suddenly lunges forward, drawing her sword before attempting to take the Holder's head from her shoulders. The blighted blade swings in a glittering arc, strange electricity jumping off the metal in sputtering jolts.
    [Nothing then blood]

Strangly the woman moves when legion lungs forward she doesn't attack Legion, but her move will cause Legion to hit her in the chest instead of the neck. In some way the sword seems to be stuck in the body stopping directly befor the Tatoo.

The woman speaks up in a very sane way.

(If I'm a bit wrong now tell me I use my knowledge now, Holder page banned here...)
    "I knew you would come and I knew you will do this Holder of Legion. And I'm sure you will bring them together. If we met in the afterlife you will tell me that all I said is true!"

Blood coming out of her mouth, her eyes turn around in a unnatural way and her breath seems to get cut away...shes dead.

The Tatoo on her chest beginns to move and legion may feel that her whole arme isn't able to move. the Tatoo beginns to move through the the dead body aiming it goes over to the blade and from there over to Legions Body.

You recived the Object of Nothing. Be sure that other Seeker will now see that you are one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Lester's Saloon]

Without any further ceremony, Percilia-prime marches into the middle of the bar! Mister C might immediately find himself engulfed in a cloud of cigar smoke and air permeated by the scent of cheap licquor. Splintery tables are scattered about the room. A bar is likely located in that explosion of smoke to the left. Percilia-prime walks to a dirty table in the corner of the room and sits down.

"He'll be here in a *cough* *cough* *cough* moment. Can you put up with these...conditions until then?"

Percilia-prime inquires. She's coughing up a storm. It is evident that she is no smoker and is fairly uncomfortable in this sort of environment.
    [Lester's Saloon]

*cough* *cough* *cough* makes the little Lizzard guy. Libaries where much cleaner and cause of his small body Mr. C isn't able to resist long.

When she sits down Mr. C will fall forward on the table now laying there passed out. Seems like he wasn't abe to put up.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #1428

Streets --> MagMart

"It's a good a guess as any." Adir says, shrugging and likely heading toward the Blue Zone.

Nothing

Legion cringes when the sword misses it's mark. She cries out in frustration and anxiety, trying to pull it free, but it doesn't seem to be working. Oh dear.

"Will you just shut up?" The Lady replies, glaring at the Holder while she bleeds out. What a hastle. At least that was... wait, the tattoo's moving? It likely slides up the sword, snaking onto Legion's arm easily. "Whoah!"

I wouldn't be surprised if it took the same spot that it had on the Holder's chest.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Especially considering they don't know any other places. Soon enough they'll arrive at MagMart and make their way inside. "Now where to start looking." Sakura looks around, no idea where to head first. Hopefully a Magbot will be along at any time to assist them.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by M. Mayonnaise View Post
    [Wish Shop]

Gaddiyel sighs. "I don't really have many other options. How much of my memory will you restore in exchange? And are you sure you'll be able to restore my memories at all?"
    [Wish Shop]

Plum giggles. "If the mistress says she can do it, then she can do it," she says.

"I'll be able to restore your major memories with that pendant," says Which. "Anything not restored will be small memories, events, anecdotes.... that sort of thing. You will still remember who you are."

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Temple of Cunningham]

"You offered." Aleph quietly points out. "I chose. That's enough for me. Thank you."
    "You're welcome, dear." And Pastor Ellen leaves Aleph to rest.

Some time later (long enough for Aleph to join the scene if she wishes), Dr Burnett and Sophie arrives at the temple. Dr Burnett walks straight in through the side entrance, where there's a small vestibule, and rings a bell that hangs from the wall. After a moment, a plump, middle aged woman in Jedi robes comes out of a nearby door.

"Oh, Sister Frances! How good to see you. And you've brought a friend, haven't you? Welcome to the Temple of the Sacred Order of Cunningham. I'm Pastor Ellen. What can I do for you?"

"This is Miss Sophie Mouchabiere, and she would like to become anointed."

"Why that's wonderful! Welcome to the Order, Sister Sophie!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Masks Temple

Jezebel reaches out to squeeze Grace's hand. "Blind faith is why I left the Emperor's service, so you have nothing to fear for me. When one is not allowed to think for themselves, then you shouldn't be following that being."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post

[Masks Temple]

Grace gives Jezebel a small smile, but doesn't respond, nor does she look entirely convinced or satisfied with the answer. She does withhold comment though, and doesn't press Jezebel further on the subject.
    Somewhere in the Temple is Xifra and her best beloved, Salome. As That Day was averted, Xifra's sanity returned, but she is still left with that nagging feeling that she should Seek. She can sense that They are coming together.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Cunningham]

Sophie bows a little. I do indeed wish to become a member of this order. It's an honor, Pastor.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-09-09 at 01:53 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Cunningham

"Three witnesses there should be. Let me just go..." She opens a window and puts her head out. "Papaw! Are you out there?" she bellows.

"I'm here, Duckie," he calls back.

"Come inside, Papaw. We need you."

A few minutes later, Elder Cooke enters, covered in dirt and smelling faintly of manure. Despite this, he leans down to kiss Pastor Ellen on the cheek.

"Papaw, this is Sister Sophie. She wants to be anointed. And of course you remember Sister Frances, who went away to medical school. Seems like it was just yesterday." She turns to Sophie. "And this is my husband, Elder Cooke. You'll have to pardon the mess. He's the groundskeeper, and there's so much to do in the autumn."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Cunningham]

Oh, I don't mind at all. I used to be do some gardening myself. I'm happy to meet you, Sophie says with a smile.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

Masks Temple

Jezebel sighs, knowing that she was far from convinced, and probably had every reason not to be. "As for Gaze..." she says with a slight cringe. "It all started when a member of Watch, Cessie came to me saying she had sensed something in the hotel after snooping around magically. She had unwittingly connected with our idol, and weakened the wards around it in doing so. I should thank her, as we did have to strengthen the wards, but her tampering made it so a Rival Power found us, and it had sent minions to kill us later on. During that time, Watch had sent in several more people to try and infiltrate my hotel and snoop around. I lost five good friends during the attack of the Bloodletters, and afterward, banned Watch from the premises, like any business owner can legally do, and because of Watch's actions, had the grounds to do so." She explains. "However, it was demanded of me to shut down the hotel completely, without regard for my organization's personal cost, even though we were putting in additional safeguards and closed off the area to the public."

Jezebel explains it all as she heads over to the liquor cabinet to mix another drink. "After that however, they decided to send more people. I had advanced warning, and tried to keep them from doing anything, but eventually, Harnel and Wenomir entered the tunnels, intent on trying to kill us. Maria, a rescued joygirl, tried to subdue them." As she speaks the name, she sounds genuinely saddened. "All she had, was a knife, and hair which she controlled. Know what they did to her? Impaled her." She says with a growl, accidentally crushing the glass in her hand. With a sigh, she looks at her hand, her skin too tough to be pierced by the glass. "We told them to go away, to back off and leave, but Harnel didn't. He came at us, so we subdued him. Admittedly, it was in a less than accommodating fashion, but after what happened, he didn't deserve to be treated nicely."

"As Wenomir left, I had him told that he could get Harnel back if he and two others showed up at the right time. Later on however, Harnel escaped, which, honestly, is probably fortunate for us, as after we left the hotel since we had no bargaining chip, we left a person to watch the place. It seems, Watch had no intention of honoring the deal, and in fact, seemed intent on just killing everyone there, as they showed up with quite a few more than just three people, all of which were armed to the teeth."

"Admittedly, I left traps, which they did set off, but none of them were hurt except for a giant scorpion one was riding. My entire group had been forced to leave behind nearly anything of worth, which, by now, has probably been stolen, including much of my personal property."

Jezebel grabs a small dusting mop and a dustpan, sweeping up the glass and throwing it away before looking back at Grace. "Frankly Grace, I don't care of Harnel feels remorse or not. They ruined the lives of several of my people, directly caused the death of one, and allowed the death of several others to occur, for no reason."

"The only thing which I may have done to them, was control one of their members, a drow named Merrak, who I had not known to be a member of their organization. That said, I never ordered him to do anything, and his betrayal of Watch was of his own accord. I even released him from his service after the capture of Harnel. What he did after that, was nothing of my fault."
    Jezebel sighs once she's finished and sits down, looking somewhat tired beneath her mask.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-09-09 at 02:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

[Abrajin's Library]

Magical defenses? Doesn't seem like it, unless you count that ghost mummy which floats out of the sarcophagus.
    "Beware, beware! Take nothing from my tomb, unless you wish to rot here with me!"
    Fitting in with the theme, the mummy appears to be wrapped up in old scrolls rather than bandages or some other material. It looms above Xalicus, its arms outstretched and its tattered visage quite haunting, which is presumably the intended effect.

[Temple of Cunningham]

Aleph does quietly step out of the guest room, watching the scene unfold without interjecting. This wasn't her church, after all, and she hadn't been asked to join, so she wouldn't speak up unless asked or addressed. Anything else seems like a bad idea to her.

[Masks Temple]

"That pretty much corresponds with everything they said." Grace says quietly, holding out her hands to Jezebel, gesturing for the masked woman to join her on the couch again. "I can certainly understand not feeling forgiving."

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Cunningham

"Please, take a seat," Pastor Ellen says, signalling to Sophie to sit. "Sister Sophie, we welcome you to the Sacred Order of Cunningham, and bid you to follow the precepts of the Prophets and the scriptures: to show compassion, kindness, and mercy to all beings, friend or foe; to keep fellowship with your fellow members of the Order; and to spread light and friendship wherever you journey takes you. Do you vow to make this your practice?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Cunningham]

I do, Sophie responds in a strong voice.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abrajin's Library]

Xalicus hastily backed away and pulled out his staff. "Is there a curse here or something? I'm not fond of curses, and I'm a bit wary of dead people who... aren't that dead. I'm just looking for knowledge here."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Magmart]

Harnel nods and says, "Thanks, I appreciate it. I hope you can get some silence soon; you deserve it."

Harnel will go to Aisle 8 to look for a good weapon. The Magchete sounded interesting...

[Streets]

"Barghests and Remohaz, and some things called fire angels. Tough stuff, but apparently Adrin wants tamed ones. I don't judge employers on the intelligence onf their plans - I just do my part and hope to keep all my limbs intact" Jakus says
    "Do you know anything about Fire Angels? I could give you some information, if you need it."