New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Afterlife

1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Afterlife

It's due to the fact that, well, I got confused as to what was going on, which is why I was being quiet.
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2 is currently recruiting.
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2021 @7:43 AM

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I couldn't defend them before because I hadn't announced who I targeted yet but Cape's comments about me being confirmed came after I made a QT with them.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    It's due to the fact that, well, I got confused as to what was going on, which is why I was being quiet.
    Okay, so what were you trying to say about the medium? And don't you have anything to say now that you're ahead in the polls?

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Since I couldn't defend them before because I hadn't announced who I targeted yet but Cape's comments about me being confirmed came after I made a QT with them.
    Makes sense. I guess that means you're confirmed now. Technically I suppose you could be either Wolf or Town with a similar power but it seems unlikely there would be another Wolf with that power and I can't see why you'd claim neutral as town (I guess maybe to make yourself less of a NK target? But that seems pretty unlikely).

Would you mind sharing your reasoning behind choosing Cao and Blade for your QT?

As promised, I went back and looked at the Apogee wagon but I didn't really see anything new. If there was bussing, it'd probably be Murska and/or Xi but don't really see anything pointing to it.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

My reasoning sure? Just know it's based on very little and I no longer agree with my initial assessments. But I chose my top wolf read and top town read.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    What is the difference between rogue saying that others are free to draw their own conclusions rather than following him, and you saying that people should vote for who they think has the most scum equity rather than following you?

"Categorically disagree" with whatever you want, but first please explain what the difference here that I'm not seeing is.

Rogue's comment is entirely unprompted. Gac claimed and Rogue was like "I still don't think he's Medium but you all can make your own decisions."

My comment was after I'd made my case, and rather than debates or support, I got a few votes including one which was like "I guess it's better than nothing." Feeling rather hard done by given I'd just put the effort into making the case I snapped back with basically a "If you don't agree do your own work instead of being ambivalent about mine."

The ending to that post was because I realised after I'd typed it that he was the neutral, but I didn't want to back down from my snapback so I just posted it.

Does that help explain why I think the two cases are different?

- - - Updated - - -

Emmy, what was the Medium comment about?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Xi raises a good point earlier. Where is Sugapoof ... I did it again. Supagoof. Where you be? What lies in your heart?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post

Rogue's comment is entirely unprompted. Gac claimed and Rogue was like "I still don't think he's Medium but you all can make your own decisions."

My comment was after I'd made my case, and rather than debates or support, I got a few votes including one which was like "I guess it's better than nothing." Feeling rather hard done by given I'd just put the effort into making the case I snapped back with basically a "If you don't agree do your own work instead of being ambivalent about mine."

The ending to that post was because I realised after I'd typed it that he was the neutral, but I didn't want to back down from my snapback so I just posted it.

Does that help explain why I think the two cases are different?
    So if I understand correctly, the difference is that rogue's statement was detached from any sort of meaningful context regarding who was voting for whom which could explain why he made the statement. It was just sorta out of the blue. (Incidentally, there wasn't much of a wagon on gac at that point, and it was neither growing nor shrinking.) On the other hand, your statement was a direct response to people starting to vote for rogue. And moreover, voting for rogue based entirely on what you had said, rather than on any sort of thought or effort on the part of the people adding these votes.

Do I understand you correctly?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Supagoof is still quiet and we shall stab him until he squeals.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Supagoof is still quiet and we shall stab him until he squeals.
    ... You are a ghost. And they are a ghost. ((Or whatever the evil ghosts are called)), how does stabbing work?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Pray you never have to find out.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    So if I understand correctly, the difference is that rogue's statement was detached from any sort of meaningful context regarding who was voting for whom which could explain why he made the statement. It was just sorta out of the blue. (Incidentally, there wasn't much of a wagon on gac at that point, and it was neither growing nor shrinking.) On the other hand, your statement was a direct response to people starting to vote for rogue. And moreover, voting for rogue based entirely on what you had said, rather than on any sort of thought or effort on the part of the people adding these votes.

Do I understand you correctly?
    Not quite. Although mostly correct.

It wasn't the fact that people were voting for Rogue. That was what I wanted.

It was the attitude it went in with. If they were just like "Bladescape said this and I don't see anything wrong with it." then I wouldn't have been bothered. Gac's comment basically implied I was incorrect but was going along with it anyway.

Perhaps too heated of a response on my part but I was feeling pretty proud of my case for it just being D1.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

My reasoning sure? Just know it's based on very little and I no longer agree with my initial assessments. But I chose my top wolf read and top town read.
    I’m guessing Caoimhin is the townread and bladescape is the wolfread?

Also... about time I gave some proper stances.

I’m clearing yesterday’s Apogee wagon. There’s a tiny chance of Xihirli/Murska bussing but that’s pretty paranoid and we can worry about that later if necessary. (Hoping it isn’t!)

I’m not anywhere near that level of confidence, but I’m going to say bladescape/Aventine are both town. bladescape’s townread of Aventine helped on both accounts (wolf!blade would need Aventine mislynched).

gac3 is still a neutral.

That leaves two (probably) wolves in Batcathat/Book Wombat/Emmy/Supagoof.

And I’m going to say that if Emmy is a wolf her partner is exactly Supagoof. Both because the others in that group would have to be bussing her, and because a partner who’s active would likely be giving her advice and getting her to come up with an explanation/self-preserve on Supagoof.

So if we kill Supagoof and he flips town, that clears Emmy. And if he flips wolf, we killed a wolf!

Do let me know if you disagree with my logic, though please also give reasons!
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

I would certainly not clear Emmy based on a Supagoof town flip. There is little the wolves can do if under suspicion by the people who got a wolf killed yesterday, but bus.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Since we know for sure you are not town, and since *I* think you are not the medium (others are free to draw their own conclusions), I am going to sit with my vote you on for now.
    If you think R_A flips town, find another person who has more scum equity for you, I guarantee I'll listen to other arguments. Town doesn't win from me seeing something I find wolfy and tunnelling.

So the question was: why does it make sense to say that rogue was afraid of being blamed for a mislynch here, but the same cannot be said of blade.

blade's explanation was that rogue's statement was "entirely unprompted." Going back and looking at the context, gac's wagon wasn't in the lead, and it wasn't even especially close. There wasn't anybody switching to gac, so there wasn't any momentum that might suggest gac's wagon was going to becoming the leading wagon. In other words: it did not look likely that the gac mislynch would happen.

On the other hand, blade admits that his statement was a reaction to a few people voting for rogue. And for doing so based entirely on blade's argument, rather than their own reasoning. There was momentum in the direction of rogue's wagon, and people were citing blade as the reason to vote for rogue. The mislynch looked more likely than gac's, and blade was being considered responsible for the wagon.

So yes, there is a difference between rogue and blade here. The difference is that in blade's case the mislynch was more likely than in rogue's case. Who is more likely to be worried about being blamed for a mislynch: someone where the relevant mislynch is less likely, or where it is more likely?

blade made a better case here against himself than I have. I'm frankly embarrassed that I didn't catch that difference and call it out myself.

His last response doesn't really help anything either. It was an emotional response to people following him while not seeming to really actually agree with him? How does that point to blade not being worried about being blamed? "Ah, no no, see, I wasn't worried that people would blame me if the mislynch happened. I was just having an emotional reaction to people making the mislynch more likely, and in a way where I was the only one actually making a case for the mislynch while nobody else really agreed with it and were just following me."

His argument is essentially that it was an emotional reaction, but totally not an emotional reaction to the thing that it would be wolfy to react emotionally to. Haha. Really, honestly, you guys can trust me.

He's clearly just doing the best he can to come up with some sort of answer that sounds as good as it can in order to declare that I am wrong. But he's not actually trying to address my points. "It was an emotional reaction to people following me without really agreeing with me" isn't a reason to think that he wasn't worried about being blamed for a mislynch.

I'm not going to talk about my Craziest play as that was entirely based around trying to discredit Aventine's reads that game. That analysis is fine.
    bladescape
    Last edited by Aventine; 2021-08-15 at 11:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I don't do anything during the night, which is why I'm starting to lose interest... and again, school...
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2 is currently recruiting.
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2021 @7:43 AM

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I would certainly not clear Emmy based on a Supagoof town flip. There is little the wolves can do if under suspicion by the people who got a wolf killed yesterday, but bus.
    Wolves could be bussing, sure, especially with a small POE. But on the other hand, the only person who got a wolf killed yesterday and is voting Emmy today is gac3, confirmed neutral.

Emmy. You're not helping your own cause here. If you're town, can you please give us something to work with?

What did you mean by your first post of "the Medium will confirm it" (paraphrasing slightly, can't be bothered to find the exact quote)?

Also could you answer my questions from my first post today (was Apogee being bussed, reads on bladescape/Aventine and top town/wolf in Wombat/Batcathat/Supagoof)?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also I now have an answer to my own townread question - I've been liking Batcathat's recent posting. It's not unfakeable but it's better than my "???" on Emmy or "utterly null" on BW/Supagoof.

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #197

Aventine: "These were exactly the same and that's why you're scum."
    Me: "Actually no this is why they're not the same."
    Aventine: "That makes you more scum."

At this point, I'm no longer engaging with Aventine. It's bad for thread health and no matter what I say they're making it fit their idea of me being scum.

Again, taking my words incorrectly. I repeat, the votes on R_A were not the reason I responded like that. It was entirely Gac's unenthusiastic response.

That is my final response.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the implication that I was somehow suddenly getting a wagon I didn't expect is frankly annoying. I have some pride in my ability to make cases ty.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    lol

And I’m going to say that if Emmy is a wolf her partner is exactly Supagoof. Both because the others in that group would have to be bussing her, and because a partner who’s active would likely be giving her advice and getting her to come up with an explanation/self-preserve on Supagoof.

So if we kill Supagoof and he flips town, that clears Emmy. And if he flips wolf, we killed a wolf!

So, I see how you got there but I'm not ready to say Emmy is clear if Supagoof is town. I kinda trust everyone on the Apogee wagon from yesterday but don't want to rule out too much. Emmy could be with Ave, Xi, Murska, (and me) if any of your town reads are wrong.

With Emmy and Supagoof not posting much or at all on Day 2, it might be more helpful to get town points by bussing today.

That said, my instinct is that Supagoof is the better lynch for today assuming that the Wolves aren't bussing and the main reason I hadn't done it till now was that Supa hasn't played recently and wanted to give them a chance to come back and defend themselves.

Ehh, since Ave changed votes, I'll go over to Supagoof.

Vote Count:

EmmyNecromancer (4): gac3, Batcathat, Book Wombat, bladescape
    Supagoof (4): Murska, Snowblaze, Xihirli, CaoimhinTheCape
    Bladescape (1): Aventine
    No vote: EmmyNecromancer
    No posts: Supagoof

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Also... about time I gave some proper stances.

I’m clearing yesterday’s Apogee wagon. There’s a tiny chance of Xihirli/Murska bussing but that’s pretty paranoid and we can worry about that later if necessary. (Hoping it isn’t!)

I’m not anywhere near that level of confidence, but I’m going to say bladescape/Aventine are both town. bladescape’s townread of Aventine helped on both accounts (wolf!blade would need Aventine mislynched).

gac3 is still a neutral.

Actually when I made the decision, cape was my top wolf read. Any thoughts on cape besides assuming my thoughts? You didn't really weigh in on them.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Also, the implication that I was somehow suddenly getting a wagon I didn't expect is frankly annoying. I have some pride in my ability to make cases ty.
    At no point, anywhere, did I imply this. For all the complaining about me "taking your words incorrectly" and such, you're the one doing it.

You said rogue did something that was a wolf tell.

I said you did the same thing.

You insisted you didn't do the same thing.

I pointed out where you did the same thing.

You insisted it was different.

I asked for an explanation of how it was different.

You gave an explanation. But the immediate logical conclusion of that explanation was that it was a stronger wolf tell when you did it than when rogue did it.

I pointed that fact out.

You said I was wrong, but gave a weak explanation that didn't point to me being wrong, or even really address my point.

I pointed that fact out.

You declared that I was wrong and there was nothing you could say that would persuade me.

Ok. Why am I wrong? Point to what I am misinterpreting or misunderstanding. You're dodging here.

I didn't say your explanation made you more scummy because it showed that what you and rogue did were different. I said that because your explanation made a good case that you had more reason than rogue to be worried about being blamed for a mislynch. Can you at least try to address that point?

Here is what you could have said to look less wolfy. You agree that you and rogue did the same thing, point out that rogue was town, and note that townies do wolfy stuff and commit wolf-tells all the time. That's part of the game. A townie has no motivation to try to bluff his way out of the comparison there. On first, basic, analysis, a wolf also has motivation to give that same response, because it allows them to compare themselves to rogue (who is hard-confirmed town). But...

I'm not going to talk about my Craziest play as that was entirely based around trying to discredit Aventine's reads that game. That analysis is fine.
    If I was right, you could want to discredit me. You've admitted that that is a wolf play you would/could make. As a townie you don't have motivation to argue so much over this, you can just shrug and move on. It's long since been obvious that nobody else gives a **** about the case I'm making here. But you yourself have admitted that as a wolf you could have motivation to argue the point and try to discredit my reads.

- - - Updated - - -

In response to Caoimhin:

eh, I don't think I've played with wolf-Emmy to compare to, but Emmy so far feels like she has in games I have played where she's town. Which makes me not really eager to kill her. If it comes down to it at the end, I'd probably jump to Supagoof. But I don't like it much.

With so little from the two of them, it feels like a crapshoot.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah that eternal conflict between killing the one who hasn't said anything and the one that has said nonsense and then been like "I'm not interested in this game"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ah that eternal conflict between killing the one who hasn't said anything and the one that has said nonsense and then been like "I'm not interested in this game"
    Sacrifice 13 goats, light 66 candles and invoke the dread name of the AV, begging the Darkest One to AL the silent so we don't have to deal with them.

ALs suck though, to be fair.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Actually when I made the decision, cape was my top wolf read. Any thoughts on cape besides assuming my thoughts? You didn't really weigh in on them.
    They're *my* top townread, which is why I made that assumption. Their post when they voted for Apogee is something that doesn't come from a wolf in that position - "I think these wagons are both town and I'm going to do something about it, so I'll make this wolf a contender for lead wagon". Especially when the wagons were in fact both town (granted, you don't know that yet).

- - - Updated - - -

Mmm... maybe I'm being overconfident about my townreads, but I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be other than "the remaining suspects are all low posters and there isn't really a strong case on any of them".

If we get a town flip today and I'm alive tomorrow I will definitely reconsider.

(Also now that I'm back to my normal routine I'm unlikely to be around for EOD, though I might be able to check in a couple of times.)

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Supagoof then.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show
    EmmyNecromancer: gac3, Batcathat, Book Wombat, bladescape
    Supagoof: Murska, Snowblaze, Xihirli, CaoimhinTheCape, Aventine

Day Two Ends

The spirits are more active that day, leading the investigators on a merry hunt through the building for "evidence" indicting one person or another. Two of the newer arrivals were accused, and when all was said and done, one of them faded away floating up into the sky while ethereal music played from nowhere.

Supagoof has died. They were the Possessive Ghost.

You are the Possessive Ghost. Your win condition is the elimination of all non-Ghosts except the Medium, whose status does not affect your victory one way or the other.

Every night, select one player who has not been eliminated. You gain access to their role QT.
    Night Two Ends In ~24 Hours

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #206

Oh. Great. We got the Seer. Thought we were doing so well after that Day 1 too.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Same.

I’m just going to hope I’m nightkilled so I don’t have to try and work out whether I’m badly wrong about something or whether the wolves are just in Batcathat/BW/Emmy.

Book Wombat is now the only living player I have no reason to townread, which is Concerning in a game with (probably) at least two wolves alive.

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #208
    Barbarian in the Playground

Book Wombat is now the only living player I have no reason to townread, which is Concerning in a game with (probably) at least two wolves alive.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    To be fair, better to kill the seer who hasn't done anything than not kill them and lose another townie on top of an auto lynch.

Also I needed at least one mislynch so, I'm kinda glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Don't worry. I believe you are town. Snow is crazy.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

I think we need to lynch Emmy tomorrow. For information as much as for being wolfy.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.