New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default [3.5] Homebrew Invocations Dump P.E.A.C.H.

Well, last time I posted this I ended up making a heel of myself by posting in the wrong subforum, here's hoping my aim is better this time.

Here's a dump of homebrew invocations I've gathered.
    Please evaluate and critique harshly, it'll help me learn
    And feel free to dump any you've gathered, the more the merrier.

Staring into the Abyss
    Least 3rd
    For 24 hours, whenever a divination spell targets you and you succeed your Will save, both you and the caster instead recieve information about the caster

Mischief
    Least 1rst
    This invocation mimics the effects of Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights, and Ghost Sound. Duration 24 hours

Augment Familiar
    Least 2nd
    Familiar gains a +4 enhancement bonus to STR, DEX, and CON, DR 5/magic, and a +2 Resistance bonus on saves as long as you concentrate on it.

Razor Claws
    Least 1rst
    Familiar's natural weapons are receive a +(1 +[1 / (3 Caster Levels)] ) enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls and bypass all DR for 24 hours.

Through Another's Eyes
    Least 1rst
    Merge minds with your familiar and take control of it's actions. You have use of all your familiars abilities, but none of your class features. Your real body remains inert and you lose knowledge of its surroundings. Any damage dealt to it brings you back to your body. You may choose to return to your body as a free action. Duration: 24 hours

Call of the Earth
    Lesser 4th
    Burrow through earth and loose rock at your land speed for 24 hours. You may choose to leave a tunnel.

Familiar Modulation
    Lesser 4th
    Familiar shifts 1 size category (up or down) per 3 caster levels. Lasts 24 hours. (So pocket familiars or ride-able familiars + combat buff. The image of a colossal cat at LVL18 definitely had a hand in determine the 'rate of growth')

Enhance Familiar
    Lesser 3rd
    Familiar gains +2 competence bonus to saves, attack rolls, damage, as well as a +2 dodge bonus to AC. Lasts 24 hours.

Fortify Familiar
    Lesser 3rd
    Familiar gains +2 unnamed bonus to AC and (Caster Level) temporary HP for 24 hours.

Familiar Shadows
    Greater 6th
    Create 1 Shadow Familiar / 4 levels. These Shadows are exact copies of your target familiar but have 1/2 the hit points. Any slain Shadow cannot be conjured again for 1 hour. Duration: Concentration

Imbue Familiar with Invocation
    Greater 6th
    You can imbue your familiar with 1 invocation / 6 levels who's level may not exceed 1/3rd your caster level (5th max). You lose use of that invocation (unless it was Eldritch Blast) until 10 minutes after this effect ends. Duration 24 hours.

Eldritch Blast Essences
    Mostly basic things

Disorienting Blast (Spinning Blast)
    Least 2nd
    A creature struck by a Disorientating Blast must succeed a Will Save of become Flat-Footed for 1 round.

Merciful Blast (Sparring Blast)
    Least 1rst
    Eldritch Blast deals non-lethal damage.

Ensnaring Blast
    Lesser 2nd
    A creature struck by a Ensnaring Blast must succeed a Reflex save or be entangled for 3 rounds (DC20 for Strength or Escape Artist check).

Burnout Blast
    Lesser 3rd
    A living creature struck by a Burnout Blast must succeed a Will save or be exhausted for 1 round

Lightning Blast (Storm Blast)
    Lesser 3rd
    Electricity damage. Creature struck must make a Fort save or take no actions and suffer a -2 penalty to Armor Class and loses her Dexterity bonus (if any) for 1 round. (Cowered condition, but via electrical shock)

Echoing Blast
    Greater 6th
    Sonic damage. Creature struck must make a Fort save or take 1/2 the damage they received again next round.

Concussive Blast
    Greater 5th
    A creature struck by a Concussive Blast must succeed a Will save or be affected as by a Feeblemind spell for 1 round

Gorgon Blast
    Dark 6th
    A creature struck by a Gorgon Blast must succeed a Fort save or be partially petrified, suffering a -5ft penalty to all speeds and -4 to Dex. A creature who's speed is 0 cannot move and one who's Dex is zero has become permanently petrified. Otherwise the effects end after 1 hour.

Eldritch Shapes
    Mostly basics

Eldritch Grasp
    Least 2nd
    As a free action, an Eldritch Blast charges your fists/legs. You deal Eldritch Blast damage with each unarmed melee touch attack you make and count as armed.

Eldritch Fireworks
    Least 1rst
    Eldritch Blast becomes a 60ft radius burst out to 500ft. Damage is reduced to 1. Only characters with Improved Evasion may make a Reflex Save.

Eldritch Chaser
    Least 1rst
    Eldrtich Blast becomes an Eldritch Chaser; a free floating energy that moves at a perfect fly speed of 50ft/round. It has 20AC and explodes once struck. You direct Eldritch Chasers as a free action during your turn. They must remain within your line of sight or vanish. You may have [LEVEL/2] Chasers at once.

Eldritch Weapon
    Lesser 4th
    Eldritch energies surround your melee weapon or a single arrow. You may maintain an Eldritch Weapon as a free action, but cannot use other Eldritch Blasts while it is in effect. You deal Eldritch Blast Damage as well as Weapon Damage with every attack.

Eldritch Aura
    Lesser 4th
    Eldritch energies surround you. You may maintain an Eldritch Aura as a free action, but cannot use other Eldritch Blasts while it is in effect. Creatures within 5 feet of you take 1/2 your Eldritch Blast damage at the start of your turn and whenever you are struck by non-ranged attacks.

Eldritch Tower
    Greater 5th
    Eldritch Blast becomes a cylinder with a 10ft radius, 20ft height out to medium range. Reflex save for half.

Eldritch Orb
    Greater 5th
    Eldritch Blast becomes a sphere with a 15ft radius spread out to medium range. Reflex save for half.

Eldritch Arrow
    Greater 6th
    Extend the range of your Eldritch Blast to 1000ft (no range increments).

Eldritch Guillotine
    Dark 6th
    An Eldrtich Guillotine is an extremely compressed plane of eldritch energy. An Eldritch Guillotine has a critical threat range of 16-20/X3 which is unaffected by effects such as Improved Critical.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Homebrew Invocations Dump P.E.A.C.H.

These are very interesting, although there seems to be a little too much of a focus on familiars.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Nice list, and actually see several that I'd use. Few questions about the familiar ones. 1) do they have to be your familiar, some specify some don't; if not what's the range? 2) do you allow warlocks to take familiars with Obtain Familiar, it specifies arcane caster level so I'm a little unsure on that one (I allow it but that doesn't mean much) or do they have to be theurges? 3) how do you have Share Spells and Invocations work?

I like the invocations (or at least the non-familiar ones as I didn't read all of them), but I'd say the Lightning Blast is strong as a lesser. The cowered condition has the same effects as the stunned condition (which seems more appropriate than cowered for electricity) and the dark invocation Binding Blast (CM) simply afflicts this condition (save negates) in addition to damage. Other than that the invocations look good.

Sorry if I came off too critically it's just much easier to point out the flawed ones than to state what makes the others work.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Nice list, and actually see several that I'd use. Few questions about the familiar ones. 1) do they have to be your familiar, some specify some don't; if not what's the range? 2) do you allow warlocks to take familiars with Obtain Familiar, it specifies arcane caster level so I'm a little unsure on that one (I allow it but that doesn't mean much) or do they have to be theurges? 3) how do you have Share Spells and Invocations work?
    1) I see Warlocks as a mostly "selfish" class; they can have good effects, but only for themselves. Familiars would be sufficiently linked to a Warlock to get in on that power. So all of them were intended for "my familiar", though feel free to change that for your own purposes of course.
    I suppose range should be touch on all of them, I honestly have seen so few familiars apart from their master that it never occurred to me to specify.
    2) I let Warlocks take Obtain Familiar. I thought they were well understood to be arcane casters, but I can't remember why honestly, besides them qualifying for Arcane Prestige Classes.
    3) I never noticed the "but not any spell-like ability" clause before, but nuts to that I say. Warlocks are special that way. (I know, I know, a very concise and proof-laden reason )

I like the invocations (or at least the non-familiar ones as I didn't read all of them), but I'd say the Lightning Blast is strong as a lesser. The cowered condition has the same effects as the stunned condition (which seems more appropriate than cowered for electricity) and the dark invocation Binding Blast (CM) simply afflicts this condition (save negates) in addition to damage. Other than that the invocations look good.
    Stunned was taken in the binding blast from complete mage, I didn't want to repeat effects, though that one was Will, so a Fort save for electricity might be sufficiently different.
    And I think you meant to upgrade it to greater?
    I have no issue with that honestly, just saw Vitriolic Blast as markedly superior to Lightning Blast, and Noxious Blast superior still in side-effect. I pondered an electro magnetic effect, but entangling armoured foes seems... silly and too much like Orb of Lightning

Sorry if I came off too critically it's just much easier to point out the flawed ones than to state what makes the others work.
    It was in the first few lines, critique harshly

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    These are very interesting, although there seems to be a little too much of a focus on familiars.
    I'm hesitant about making more... abstract invocations. I'm never too certain what could bend or break the Warlock. I already want to make Flee the Scene a swift, verbal invocations as an exception to the rule about them being somatic standard actions to trigger, but realize that could be cheese for glaivelocks. Additionally, I admit that Impenetrable Barrier colours the ceiling of my expectations as far as acceptable upper level power of invocations.

Besides which, familiars could use love and blast-y things are always best enhanced by Eldritch Essences and Shapes.

I did modify another invocation someone else made called Hoarfrost. It was basically grease extending 20ft from the Warlock. I found the execution a bit off so I tweaked it a tad, but it's not "my" work so I held it back.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Mirrored Menace
    Lesser 3rd
    As a swift action, you create an illusory duplicate of yourself somewhere within 30ft of yourself. This otherwise works like Mirror Image with a duration of 1 round.

Hasty Retreat
    Greater 6th
    As a swift, verbal action, you may use a dimension door effect out to short range(25ft =+5ft/2 levels) and leave a major image left behind that reacts appropriately to attacks.

Greater Repelling Blast
    Dark 8th
    A creature of any size struck by a Greater Repelling Blast must succeed a Reflex Save of be knocked bad 1d4X10 feet and land prone

The first two are obviously meant to be used in conjunction to annoy opponents, not to mention shenanigans with Glaivelocks, and the last... well I never liked the size restriction on Repelling Blast

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Restraining Blast
    Least 1rst
    A Restraining Blast deals no damage. Upon hitting, a Restraining Blast allows you to attempt to pin the opponent. Make opposed grapple checks (size modifiers apply). Your grapple roll is 1d20 + (BAB + your Eldritch Blast damage die). This effect lasts 2 rounds. Escape Artist/Strength DC (10+ Eldritch Blast damage die)

Thus a 1rst level warlock would roll 1d20 + 1 and the DC to escape would be 11 while a 9th level warlock would roll 1d20 + 11 and the DC to escape would be 21

Disarming Blast
    Least 1rst
    A Disarming Blast deals no damage. Upon hitting, a Disarming Blast allows you to attempt to disarm the opponent. Make opposed attack rolls (size modifiers apply). Your attack roll is 1d20+(BAB + Dex Modifier + your Eldritch Blast damage die). A Disarming Blast counts as a medium sized weapon.

I'm not sure how Ability Focus should interact with these. A special exception
    for an additional bonus to your rolls, or simply a bonus to the DC to escape?
    A bonus to rolls would really help at lower levels, then transition from a pain to trivial later on.

That aside, would these two be better off being relinquished to normal invocations? The idea was obviously to allow the Warlock to have other options than pain and mayhem with his Eldritch Blast (I'm also pondering Buffing Blasts), but their interactions with Eldritch Shapes could be nuts (a Disarming Cone? What a headache for DMs).

Even worse with Eldritch Fireworks up there whose design was honestly campaign specific (Warlocks would compete in a tournament. Frightful Fireworks, explosions of skulls dancing through the sky, or Hellrime Fireworks, sparkling multifaceted ice crystals appearing in the sky would make for quite a show). The possibility of disarming and pinning vast amounts of foes.... oy vey.

I apologize if my train of thought throughout this post seemed spastic, it's far past midnight, but I have made an effort to be legible -_-;

Edit:figure I would forget something, thank goodness for edits.

Force Blast
    Lesser 3rd
    A Force Blast deals force damage, but all damage is reduced to d4s

Edit 2: avoiding double post.

Black Cat Blast (Unlucky Blast)
    Least 2nd
    A creature struck by a Black Cat Blast must succeed a will save or suffer a penalty to attack rolls equal to your charisma modifier for 3 rounds. You gain a luck bonus to your attack rolls equal to this penalty for 3 round. The penalty and bonus gained through this invocation cannot exceed your caster level.

Edit 3:

Black Cat Parade
    Dark 5th
    Unless target creature within close range makes a successful will save, they must make all rolls twice and accept the lower result for 1 round / 2 levels.

Wraith's Escape
    Dark 8th
    Activating this invocation is an immediate mental action. You assume a visible, incorporeal form until the end of your next turn.

Edit 4:

Diminishing Utterance
    Lesser 3rd
    You may use Shrink item as the spell, but it's duration is 24 hours instead of 1 day / level.

Edit 5:

Solar Blast
    Greater 4th
    A Solar Blast deals positive energy damage. A living creature struck by a Solar Blast gains temporary hit points equal to the damage rolled divided by 3. These temporary hit points last for 1 round and do not stack with other temporary hit points. Undead struck by a Solar Blast suffer an additional 4d6 damage.

Vampiric Blast
    Greater 6th
    A Vampiric Blast deals 1/2 damage. The Warlock gains temporary hit points equal to the damage dealt (if used with an Eldritch shape that targets more than one creature, determine which took the greatest damage. gain that many temporary hp). However, the Warlock cannot gain more than the subject’s current hit points +10, which is enough to kill the subject. The temporary hit points disappear 1 hour later.

Bloody Blast
    Lesser 4th
    A Warlock chooses to sacrifice hp as he uses a Bloody Blast. For every 5hp sacrificed, he deals an additional d6 of damage. If the Warlock sacrifices more than 1/4 his total hp on one such blast he continues bleeding for 1hp/turn until he receives first aid or a healing spell. Temporary hp cannot be used to fuel this ability.

Edit 6: Last one, having more edits than posts would be ridiculous.

Nature's Warrior
    Greater 4th
    You take the form of a Treant. Your size changes to huge, your AC changes to 20 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +13 natural), you stats change to Str 29, Dex 8, Con 21, you deal double damage against objects when making a full attack, you gain a trample attack (2d6+13, reflex DC 22 for half) and you gain two slam attacks (2d6+9). You cannot use invocations or Eldritch blasts while in this shape. this invocation lasts 1 round per 2 Warlock levels.

Acorn Blast
    Least 2nd
    Eldritch Blast becomes an Acorn Blast, you pellet the foe with exploding acorns. These bypass spell resistance. A creature struck by an Acorn Blast must succeed a fortitude save or be dazzle for 1 minute.
    Last edited by Radiun; 2009-09-25 at 03:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Invocations
    Quicksilver
    Least 2nd
    You gain a 30ft enhancement bonus to speed and benefit from 20% concealment while moving.Duration 24 hours.

Devil's Gamble (Lady Luck's Blessing)
    Lesser 4th
    Gains a +(Charisma Modifier) luck bonus any 2 saves. The bonus may not exceed your class level. Lasts 24 hours.

Devil's Cheat (Lady Luck's Embrace)
    Greater 6th
    Gains a +(Charisma Modifier) luck bonus to all saves. The bonus may not exceed your class level. Lasts 24 hours.

Occult Puppeteer
    Greater 6th
    You may use Animate Objects as the spell

Spell Singularity
    Dark 9th
    Spell Singularity creates a pulsing, purple sphere that always remains 20 feet above you. Any magical effects (Spells, Spell-Like Abilities, and Supernatural Abilities) with a range greater than touch passing within 60 ft of you are absorbed into the sphere. Once it has absorbed (Warlock LevelX2) levels of magic, its duration ends, or it is dispelled the sphere explodes. Creatures within 30ft suffer 2d6 damage per level absorbed (reflex half). Spell Singularity lasts 1 round/2 levels.

ELDRITCH ESSENCE
    Pollen Blast
    Least 2nd
    A creature struck by a Pollen Blast must succeed a Reflex save or be coated in scented, shimmering pollen. Invisibility is negated, their Scent ability is overwhelmed and they are easier to track by scent. The pollen is disperesed in 1 minute or by strong winds.

ELDRITCH SHAPES
    Eldritch Infusion
    Least 1rst
    Eldritch Energies accumulate in your fingertips. As a full round action, you may transfer these energies to a creature/object. You do not count as armed. If contact is broken, the infusion fails. Should it succeed, you deal maximized Eldritch Blast damage to the creature/object.

Eldritch Shadow (Eldritch Ghosts)
    Least 2nd
    n Eldritch Shadow takes the form of a ghostly creature or object of your choosing. This shadow must remain within 30ft of you. You may direct the Shadow as a standard action, moving it up to 60ft and making 1 attack with it (ranged touch attack). When an Eldritch Shadow is struck by a melee attack, it deals Eldritch Blast damage automatically. An Eldritch Shadow's AC is (10 + Cha Modifier + Size Modifier) The Save DC to disbelieve is (12+Charisma modifier).

Eldritch Wall
    Lesser 3rd
    Eldritch Wall is a crystalline, malleable wall of energy. Eldrtich Walll has hp equal to your Eldritch Blast damage roll and shatters upon reaching 0 hp. A creature crashing into an Eldritch Wall takes and causes 1d6 points of damage. An Eldritch Wall lasts until the beginning of your next turn. If an Eldritch Essence modifies the Wall's energy type, the Wall negates such energy attacks. The wall is one 5X5X5ft cube per d6 of Eldritch Blast damage.

Eldritch Bubble
    Greater 6th
    As Eldrtich Shield, but takes shape as a bubble 5ft wide per d6 of Eldritch Blast damage.

Eldritch Encore
    Dark 9th
    An Eldritch Encore allows you to make 2 Eldrtich Blast attacks against one enemy at once. The 2nd blast has a -5 penalty to hit.

CURSES
    Greed
    Insatiable greed consumes the creature, to the point of coveting mundane and immovable objects, like a mountain, and refusing to leave it.

Envy
    The creature becomes exceedingly jealous, stealing from everyone only to discard items after as their envy of that item fades.

Pride
    The creature believes they are beautiful and invincible, discarding weapon and armour to admire their self in a mirror or by simply looking down

Wrath
    The creature is consumed with wrath, attacking to the best of their abilities the closest creature or object.

Lust
    The creature is overwhelmed with lust. Dragon Slayers become... well any hole or pole will do.

Sloth
    The creature loses all motivation. Such a character is prone to escaping from danger and avoids all hostile encounters.

Gluttony
    The creature becomes eternally hungry. They become capable of and will ingest anything up to weapons.

Chastity
    The creature becomes chaste beyond compare, guaranteeing they produce no children ever again.

Temperance
    The creature is balanced and mechanical in all they do, never taking too much or reacting with passion.

Charity
    The creature becomes charitable, to the point of a dragon donating his hoard. (Dragons receive a +10 racial bonus on this save)

Diligence
    The creature becomes insanely ordered and incapable of coping with situations that were not planned.

Patience
    The creature becomes patient beyond comprehension, waiting years for a cup of tea that was promised but may never come.

Kindness
    The creature becomes unbelievably kind, unable to perceive any enemies or liars. They are always treated as having a friendly attitude, even in battle.

Humility
    The creature is disturbingly humble, forgoing positions of leadership to anyone who would take it instead.
    Last edited by Radiun; 2009-10-01 at 06:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Yay more warlock invocations.

My opinion would be just make the disarming and grappling blasts normal invocations, except a high level warlock raising his hands above his head and disarming everyone nearby is just too cool.

Also I'd say the Force Blast ability probably doesn't need to have a reduction to damage as Force damage is easier to resist than untyped damage which the blast already does. Even then the blast isn't that useful unless your DM runs a lot of ethereal/incorporeal enemies.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

My opinion would be just make the disarming and grappling blasts normal invocations, except a high level warlock raising his hands above his head and disarming everyone nearby is just too cool.
    Actually that takes care of my concerns nicely. I suppose the image of a Warlock's Eldritch blast turning into needles that pin the enemies clothes to the floor was just stuck in my head

Also I'd say the Force Blast ability probably doesn't need to have a reduction to damage as Force damage is easier to resist than untyped damage which the blast already does. Even then the blast isn't that useful unless your DM runs a lot of ethereal/incorporeal enemies.
    That's an interesting proposition. Though I would then be tempted to add another effect.
    Hm, I need to look up force spells.

Any advice on an invocation that gives Warlocks the ability to Swallow Whole?

According to the SRD, unless otherwise stated, you could swallow a creature up to one size smaller than you, and a human warlock's jaws unhinging as he just eats a halfling is a... potent image IMO

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

How about this?

Infernal Leap
    Least
    You gain a bonus on Jump checks equal to four times your character level. This lasts for 24 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

The Chains that Bind
    Least 3rd
    Chains lash out from your chest and strike 1 target/ 3 levels (max 6) within close range. Targets struck must succeed a reflex save or be bound to you. Creatures bound to you cannot move further away from you than the distance they were caught. This limit shrinks every time they get closer.

In the Antlion's Trap
    Least 2nd
    Make a ranged touch attack against a creature out to 60ft. That creature must succeed a reflex save or be pinned for 2 round. A pinned creature is immobile, but not helpless. This invocation does not work on creatures that are not in contact with the earth. Escape Artist/Strength DC 20

Oscillating Blade
    Least 1rst
    Make a ranged touch attack against a creature out to 60ft. That creature's held weapons start shaking wildly. the creature must make a successful strength check (DC 11 + cha modifier) or drop their weapons.

Eldritch Shape
    Eldritch Glare
    Least 1rst
    An Eldritch Glare functions exactly like an Eldritch Blast, but requires no somatic components to use.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    How about this?

Infernal Leap
    Least
    You gain a bonus on Jump checks equal to four times your character level. This lasts for 24 hours.
    Wouldn't that step on the toes of Leaps and Bounds? (Complete Arcane pg 134)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, would epic evocations (I think Warlocks can get normal epic spells, but that isn't any fun.) work?

Eldritch Cannon
    Epic Blast shape, 10th. Spellcraft dc:? (don't have much experiance with epic spells)
    Your Eldritch Blast becomes an infinite range line (it will only stop if it meets a solid object that it can not destroy.)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radiun View Post
    Wouldn't that step on the toes of Leaps and Bounds? (Complete Arcane pg 134)
    It would if I had remembered that invocation...
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Fanfic

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

It would if I had remembered that invocation...

No worries, I forgot too until I was looking up invocations like Beguiling Influence. It's just too forgettable.

Jaw of the Wild
    Least 1rst
    You gain a bite attack that deals 1d6+(1/2 STR MOD) slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning damage.

Feral Claws
    Least 1rst
    You nails grow sharper and tougher. You gain two claw attacks that deal 1d4+(STR MOD) piercing and slashing damage.

Great Hide
    Least 2nd
    Gain an enhancement bonus to natural armour (2+2/3levels. Maximum +10 at level 12). 24 hours.

Savage Horns
    Lesser 3rd
    You gain 1 gore attack dealing 1d8+(1/2STR MOD) piercing damage. You also gain Powerful Charge: 2d8+(STR MOD) with your gore attack.

Mighty Tail
    Lesser 3rd
    You gain a tail slap attack that deals 1d6+(STR MOD) bludgeoning damage. Additionally you gain a +4 racial bonus on balance checks.

Virulent Barb
    Greater 6th
    You gain a sting attack that deals 1d4 piercing damage and poisons the enemy for 1d6 con damage immediately and after 1 minute (Fort Save DC 16+CHA MOD)

Grasping Tentacles
    Greater 7th
    You gain 2 tentacle attacks that deal no damage, but allow you to perform a free grapple check with a +4 bonus on your check.
    Last edited by Radiun; 2009-10-03 at 07:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Hide
    Least, 1st
    You gain a bonus on Hide checks equal to twice your warlock level for 24 hours.

Demonic Skin
    Least 2nd
    Gain an enhancement bonus to natural armour (2+2/3levels. Maximum +10 at level 12). 24 hours.
    Quotes, more

Fanfic

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Great Hide
    Least 2nd
    Next time I build a warlock I think I'm using this one. I generally go super high AC with warlocks (Every type of bonus I can find, maxed out Dex, +5 armor and +5 mithril buckler, everything). I DMed with a warlock that went that way (they asked me to help them make a character who would survive things I did). At around 17th level his AC capped and he couldn't get it high enough to keep his nigh invincibility at 20th or at least against the things I sent at them (Advanced elemental colossal vermin) and this +5 additional bonus to AC would do have possibly done it. At 12th level, nothing would have hit him except touch attacks which would have been troublesome but if it was this or Eldritch Glaive hmm...

All in all great work, and thanks for the invocations, keep it up.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Least, 1st
    You gain a bonus on Hide checks equal to twice your warlock level for 24 hours.

Demonic Skin
    I hope you don't think I'm picking on you but:

Nightstalker
    Least 2nd
    +6 unnamed bonus on Hide, Move Silently, and Escape Artist checks for 24 hours

Dark Scribe
    Least 2nd
    +6 unnamed bonus on Decipher Script, Forgery, and Knowledge(Local) checks for 24 hours

Idle Hands (Idle Hands are the Devil's Playthings)
    Least 2nd
    +6 unnamed bonus on Disable Device, Open Lock, and Sleight of Hand Checks checks for 24 hours

Guardian of the Gates
    Least 2nd
    +6 unnamed bonus on Search, Sense Motive, and Spot, checks for 24 hours

Lone Woodsman
    Least 2nd
    +6 unnamed bonus on Handle Animal, Knowledge(Nature), and Survival checks for 24 hours

EDIT 1
    Unearthly Tenacity
    Lesser 4th
    Double the effectiveness of your existing damage reduction. This effect cannot raise damage reduction beyond 20. Duration: 24 hours.

Battle Lust
    Lesser 4th
    Gain a +2 morale bonus to melee attack and damage rolls. This bonus improves by +1 for every 4 levels beyond 8th.

Eldritch Fang
    Lesser 3rd
    As a standard action, Eldritch Energy charges a natural weapon of your choosing. Deal Eldritch Blast damage on your next attack. Duration 1 minute.
    Last edited by Radiun; 2009-10-05 at 03:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope you don't think I'm picking on you but:
    Not at all.

Idle Hands (Idle Hands are the Devil's Playthings)
    Which is why the demonny-powered warlocks wouldn't use this.
    Quotes, more

Fanfic

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Keen Instincts
    Least 2nd
    You react to danger before you senses would normally allow. You retain your DEX bonus to AC even flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker.

Spit Web
    Least 3rd
    You gain the ability to use webs as a monstrous spider of your size. You are, however, not limited in the number of times per day you may throw a web.

Howler Quills
    Lesser 3rd
    Your body bristles with quills. Creatures attacking you without reach weapons must succeed a DC (13+ChaModifierr) Reflex save or have the quill break off. Quills impose a -1 penalty on attacks, saves, and checks per quill. Removing a quill is a DC 20 Heal check; otherwise, deals 1d6 slashing damage.

Cheetah's Spirit
    Lesser 3rd
    For 24 hours, once per hour, you can move ten times your speed when making a charge. This applies to all your modes of movement.

Troglodyte's Perfume
    Least 1rst
    Living creatures within 30 feet must succeed a DC (11+Cha Modifier) Fortitude save or be sickened for 10 rounds. Poison effect

Serpentine Body
    Lesser 4th
    You're body's torso can grow and contort. After maintaining a grapple, you contrict (1d4+STR) damage.

Photoautotroph
    Least 2nd
    If you spend 4 hours in sunlight, you do not need to eat for that day. As long as you are in sunlight, you do not need to breathe. Duration 24 hours

Far Sight
    Least 2nd
    Your eyes are exceptionally sharp: Halve the penalties for range increment (-1 instead of -2) spot check (-1/20ft instead of -1/10ft) and gain low light vision.

Slick Skin
    Least 1rst
    Your skin is covered in a lubricant, gain a +10 circumstance bonus on escape artist/grapple checks to avoid being grappled or pinned. 1 min duration

Gem Blast
    Least 2nd
    You can focus your Eldritch Blast through a single gem of significant value. For every 500gp of worth the gem has, add 1d6 damage to your Eldritch Blast. Any jewel used for a Gem Blast is burnt from the energies which tore through it and worthless.
    Last edited by Radiun; 2009-10-17 at 06:32 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Eldritch Wires
    Least 1rst
    Your Eldritch Blast takes the form of nearly invisible strands of eldritch energy extending from your fingertips. You gain 2 such strands per level (10 maximum at level 5) You may maintain Eldritch Wires as a free action. As a standard action, you may make up to two touch attacks to latch 2 Eldritch Wires unto a creature within (10 / 2 levels)ft, or use all Wires at once as a full attack action. Eldritch Wires deal no damage, but add +1 circumstance bonusto the DC of resisting an Eldritch Essence's effect per 2 Wires attached. A Warlock may unlatch Wires as a free action and a creature struck by the Wires may bat them all off as a standard action. An Eldritch Wires Blast Essence may be changed as a standard action while the Wires are deployed. If Eldritch Wires are applied to an Eldritch Blast which only deals damage (Such as a base Eldritch Blast or a Gem Blast, but not a Brimstone or Vitrolic Blast), they instead apply a -(1 / 2 die of damage[rounded up]) penalty to the creatures AC as it is constantly pestered by jolts of pain causing them to wince at just the wrong time.

I'm sure I forgot something in the writing of this, but I can't remember what it is for the life of me.

Errata:
    -Wires can be attached to multiple opponents at once, though only 1 creature can be targeted by any single attempt to attach Wires (ergo you must spend the next round targeting another creature with any unattached Wires you may have if you wish to target multiple creatures).
    -Cannot maintain Eldritch Wires and use another Eldrtich Blast in the same round.
    -You remain free to use other invocations and items, but the threads are fragile at both ends (your finger tips and the creature who may chop them off), attacks and other violent actions made by you automatically cancel the Wires. A creature passing between you and someone who has Wires attached does not interfere with their hold and they may not be attacked as they constantly move and dart about, avoiding obstacles. Only their anchorage points are susceptible.
    -Added an "up to" to standard touch attacks, should a Warlock want to attach a single Wire.
    -Changed the DC boost to 1/2 Wires. The possibility of a +10 to the DC check seemed passable at first, until I realize that it wouldn't always work of the Wire's level, and Utterdark Wires with a DC 28 to resist (before other modifiers) was a tad... silly let us say. Also named the bonus.
    -Solar Wires would renew (1 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage) temporary hp per round on the beginning of your turn.
    -A creature with Wires attached to it automatically breaks their hold on (him/her) if (he/she) leaves your Wire's range.

That being said, it might be more fun to be a puppeteer to your allies than your enemies, so...
    (note: These Essences do work with Shapes such as Eldritch Aura and co., but if a shape reduces the damage of an Eldritch Blast, it like wise reduces these bonuses [So the Sure Strike Aura of a level 11 Warlock would grant a +3 insight bonus on attack rolls to all creatures within 5ft, including enemies]

Sure Strike Blast
    Least 1rst
    A Sure Strike Blast deals no damage. A creature hit by this blast receives an insight bonus to all attack rolls made in the next round. This bonus is equal to +(1 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage).

Shell Blast
    Least 1rst
    A Shell Blast deals no damage. A creature hit by this blast receives a shield bonus to his AC for 1 round. This bonus is equal to +(1 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage).

Ward Blast
    Least 2nd
    A Ward Blast deals no damage. A creature hit by this blast receives an enhancement bonus on saves made to resist Spells, and Supernatural and Spell-Like Abilities for 1 round. This bonus is equal to +(1 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage).

Strong-Arm Blast
    Lesser 3rd
    A Strong-Arm Blast deals no damage. A creature hit by this blast receives an enhancement bonus on damage rolls for 1 round. This bonus is equal to +(2 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage).

I realize the wording is clunky, but I believe the intent of each Essence is clear enough to understand.
    Well, I think that's enough, I'll let this barren thread die now
    It's a bit worrying to account for so many of the posts contained herein
    Last edited by Radiun; 2009-10-20 at 11:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Invocation Paths must be followed from start to finish. Simply taking Grand Celerity, for example, is prohibited. Unless specified, range is 30ft. Most of these are inspired in one way or another by the WoD wiki

Path of the Swift
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Celerity
    Least 2nd
    This invocation may only be used once a day, Minor Celerity allows you to make an additional immediate action at any time within 24 hours.

Lesser Celerity
    Lesser 4th
    This invocation may only be used once a day, Lesser Celerity allows you to make an additional move action at any time within 24 hours.

Celerity
    Greater 6th
    This invocation may only be used once a day, Celerity allows you to make an additional standard action at any time within 24 hours.

Grand Celerity
    Dark 9th
    This invocation may only be used once a day, Minor Celerity allows you to take an additional round at any time within 24 hours.

Path of Endurance
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Fortitude
    Least 2nd
    our damage reduction increases by 1. You also gain damage reduction X/Silver where X is you DR. Duration 24 hours.

Lesser Fortitude
    Lesser 4th
    Your damage reduction increases by 2. You also gain damage reduction X/Magic where X is you DR. Duration 24 hours.

Fortitude
    Greater 6th
    Your damage reduction increases by 3. You also gain damage reduction X/Adamantine where X is you DR. Duration 24 hours.

Grand Fortitude
    Dark 9th
    Your damage reduction increases by 4. You also gain damage reduction X/- where X is you DR. Duration 24 hours.

Path of Giants
    Spoiler
    Show

(Minor/Lesser/Grand) Potence
    You count as one size larger for the Trip, Disarm, and Grapple checks as well as carrying capacity while retaining your original size and weight. The invocations of the "Potence" line stack with each other for the purposes of determining your effective size

Path of the Oracle
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Auspex
    Least 1rst
    You can project your spirit a short distance. You can send a ghostly manifestation of your spirit out to 10 feet and see from its position

Lesser Auspex
    Lesser 4th
    All languages spoken and written are alive to you. You gain the ability to understand all methods of communication, though you may not mimic them.

Auspex
    Greater 6th
    Your heightened senses alert you to the hostility of living creatures within 50ft. You may not know where the hostile creature is, but are alert nonetheless.

Grand Auspex
    Dark 9th
    You can detect the presence of living creatures within a 100ft radius centered on you. This ability functions even through walls up to 10ft thick (5ft lead).

Path of Lords
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Domination
    Least 2nd
    You may issue a command of one word which the subject is compelled to obey for 1 round. Functions as Command

Lesser Domination
    Lesser 3rd
    You place the affected creature into a deep sleep for 1 hour, during which time you may rewrite any of its memories. Will save negates. Range: Touch.

Domination
    Greater 6th
    You may take control of one living creature for 1 hour / level. Your body enters topor as you possess the other creature. Will save negates

Grand Domination
    Dark 9th
    You overcome a creature within 60ft. Functions as Dominate Monster. Only 1 creature can be dominated at a time.

Path of the Unseen
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Obfuscation
    Least 1rst
    As long as you do not move, you are concealed from other creature's notice. Affects blindsight and blindsense. Creatures subconsciously avoid you when doing so would not be obviously unnatural.

Lesser Obfuscation
    Lesser 3rd
    Creatures ignore you completely unless you begin to interact with them, whether through combat, thievery, or social interaction. You are not invisible, simply ignored as another face in the crowd. Duration 24 hours.

Obfuscation
    Greater 5th
    As Minor Obfuscation, but you may hide one additional creature / level.

Grand Obfuscation
    Dark 9th
    Creatures instantly forget you and ignore you unless your become violent. Duration 24 hours.

Path of the Mighty
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Presence
    Least 2nd
    Creatures who see you must succeed a Will save or be fascinated by your presence until you leave their line of sight. Any overtly violent action dispels this effect. Duration 24 hours.

Lesser Presence
    Lesser 4th
    You invoke strong, persisting emotions in the creature targeted by this invocation (Whether hatred or love is up to DM discretion). Will Save negates.

Presence
    Greater 7th
    A creature you can see or have a link to (emotional bond, strands of hair, important memento) must succeed a Will save or rush to your side to the best of their ability.

Grand Presence
    Dark 9th
    Creatures cannot attack you unless they make a successful Will Save. Duration 24 hours.

Path of the Trickster
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Illusion
    Least 1rst
    You may use Silent Image as a spell-like ability.

Lesser Illusion
    Lesser 3rd
    You may use Major Image as a spell-like ability.

Illusion
    Greater 5th
    You may use Persistent Image as a spell-like ability

Grand Illusion
    Dark 9th
    You may use Mirage Arcana as a spell-like ability

Path of Madness
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Dementia
    Least 1rst
    A creature targeted by this invocation must make a successful Will Save or become hostile towards all nearby creatures.

Lesser Dementia
    Lesser 4th
    A creature targeted by this invocation must make a successful Will Save or chase fanciful visions for 1 minute/level

Dementia
    Greater 7th
    A creature targeted by this invocation must make a successful Will Save or become catatonic for 1 round/level

Grand Dementia
    Dark 9th
    Targeted creature must make a Will Save or be afflicted by maddening visions, suffering 1 point of wisdom damage / round as long as you concentrate.

Path of Shadows
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Obtenebration
    Least 1rst
    You can control all manner of shadows, shaping them, intensifying their darkness, or removing them completely. Duration: Concentration

Lesser Obtenebration
    Lesser 3rd
    You can create objects out of shadowstuff. These objects last for 1 round / level and can occupy no more than 1cu. ft / level. They are weightless.

Obtenebration
    Greater 5th
    You can step from one shadow to another as long as they can accommodate your entire body and are no further than (10ft/level) apart. Duration 24 Hours

Grand Obtenebration
    Dark 9th
    Your body becomes shadow-stuff. You become incorporeal and your AC becomes (20+Cha and Dex modifier + dodge and deflection bonuses)

Path of the Shapeless
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Protean
    Least 1rst
    Upon completion of this invocation, you meld into the earth, stone, or tree you designate. While inside you may rest or take purely mental action. 24 hours.

Lesser Protean
    Lesser 4th
    You transform into a cloud of mist, similar to the Gaseous Form spell, but with a duration of 24 hours.

Protean
    Greater 6th
    You may shift into the shape of an animal of large size or smaller. This ability functions like Wildshape. Duration 24 hours.

Grand Protean
    Dark 9th
    You may shift into the shape of an aberration of large size or smaller. This ability functions like Wildshape. Duration 24 hours.

Path of Miasma
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Quietus
    Least 1rst
    You are covered with a poison you may deliver with a touch. Creatures struck must succeed a Fort save or be nauseated for 1 hour.

Lesser Quietus
    Lesser 3rd
    Any creature touched, including those normally immune to poison, must succeed a Fort save or fall unconscious for 10 minutes.

Quietus
    Greater 5th
    Any creature touched, including those normally immune to poison, must succeed a Fort save or suffer 2d4 charisma damage.

Grand Quietus
    Dark 9th
    Poisons affect you in the opposite manner for 24 hours, healing instead of harming. Conversely potions are now poisons to you. Duration: 24 hours

Path of Sirens
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Echoes
    Least 1rst
    You may use Ventriloquism as a spell-like ability

Lesser Echoes
    Lesser 3rd
    You may use the perform skill to fascinate creatures as a bard.

Echoes
    Greater 6th
    You project your voice through any creature to whom you have a link (emotional bond, strands of hair, important memento). You may speak 1 min / level

Grand Echoes
    Dark 9th
    Your voice carries out (1 mile / level) and is heard loudly and clearly by all. You may use the effect of Lesser Echoes with this new range. Duration 24 hours.

Path of the Healer
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Remedy
    Least 1rst
    With a touch, you may diagnose the cause of a creatures malaise and anesthetize the creature(Fort save negates, duration 10 minutes).

Lesser Remedy
    Lesser 3rd
    You may use Remove Disease as a spell-like ability twice per day.

Remedy
    Greater 3rd
    You may use Remove Curse as a spell-like ability twice per day.

Grand Remedy
    Dark 7th
    You may use Regeneration as a spell-like ability twice per day

Path of the Epochs
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Temporis
    Least 1rst
    You sense the passage and measure of time precisely, no matter your location. Duration 24 hours.

Lesser Temporis
    Lesser 4th
    You may use Slow as a spell-like ability. You may only affect one creature at a time with this invocation.

Temporis
    Greater 7th
    Targeted creature must make a Will Save or be removed from time for 1 minute / level. Durinig this time, they are immune to harm and cannot be moved.

Grand Temporis
    Dark 9th
    You may move forewards or backwards in time 1 day. Use of this ability has a cumulative 5% chance of sending you to the Plane of Time instead

Path of the Ageless
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Thanatosis
    Least 2nd
    You rejuvenate a creature by (1/10th its maximum age) years (Fort save). You grow that much older, possibly incurring penalties due to age, but not benefits.

Lesser Thanatosis
    Lesser 4rth
    You may take another full round once within 24 hours of using this invocation (multiple castings don't stack). If you do, you age (1/10th your max age) years

Thanatosis
    Greater 6th
    You gain (1/2 your level) skill ranks in a skill of your choice for 24 hours, and age 1 year for each skill rank gained.

Grand Thanatosis
    Dark 9th
    You age a creature by (1/10th its maximum age) years (Fort save). You grow that much younger, possibly losing penalties due to age, but not benefits.

Path of the Craven
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Horror
    Least 1rst
    You appear fearful and meek. You gain a +10 circumstance on bluff checks when pretending to be scared and weak.

Lesser Horror
    Lesser 4th
    For 24 hours, whenever you successfully save against a fear effect, you know you have succeeded and may choose to feign fear.

Horror
    Greater 6th
    Gain knowledge of a creature's fears. +3 circumstance DC on fear effects targeting that creature. +10 circumstance bonus on intimidate checks made against that creature wherein you use its fears. Medium range. Will save negates.

Grand Horror
    Dark 9th
    You project your fears to all around you. Any non-mindless creatures (even those normally immune) within medium range must succeed a will save or be frightened.

Path of Flames
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Ignis
    Least 1rst
    You control non-magical flames within close range. You may effect (1cu ft /level) of flame per round. You may extinguish, shape, or spread these flames.

Lesser Ignis
    Lesser 3rd
    You may ignite combustible materials as a full-round action with a touch. Attended objects are unaffected by this ability unless the attendee is helpless.

Ignis
    Greater 5th
    The air around you is a perpetual heat haze. You benefit from 20% concealment from all attacks. Duration 24 hours.

Grand Ignis
    Dark 9th
    Your touch melts through even the toughest material. You can melt through one 5ft square of unattended material each round, no matter its composition.

Path of Stone
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Terraform
    Least 1rst
    Upon completing this invocation, you gain intimate knowledge of all earth and stone within 100ft. This includes material composition and strength.

Lesser Terraform
    Lesser 4th
    You may use Sudden Stalagmite(SpC pg213) as a spell-like ability.

Terraform
    Greater 5th
    You may use Stone Shape as a spell-like ability.

Grand Terraform
    Dark 9th
    Temporarily change the composition of 10cu ft/level of stone. Medium range, Can make it hard as adamantine or soft as jelly as long as you concentrate.

Path of Glaciers
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Cryokinetics
    Least 2nd
    You suffer no penalties to movement through snow and while you are on ice, your speed increases by 60ft. Duration 24 hours.

Lesser Cryokinetics
    Lesser 4th
    You may use Sleet Storm as a spell-like ability, but centered on you at the time of casting.

Cryokinetics
    Greater 7th
    You may freeze objects at a touch as a 1 round action. You affect up to 1 10ft cube of material per level. Results vary by material affected.

Grand Cryokinetics
    Dark 9th
    Encase yourself in 10ft/level of ice in 1 round. Do not age or breathe in the ice. Creatures within range must leave the area within 1 round or be trapped also.

Path of the Seas
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Nautica
    Least 2nd
    You gain intimate knowledge of the sea in a 1 mile radius, including favourable currents, weather conditions, and hidden dangers such as reefs.

Lesser Nautica
    Lesser 3rd
    You give unnatural buoyancy to target touched. For 1 round / level, the target rises to the surface at a speed of 100ft/round. Fortitude Negates.

Nautica
    Greater 5th
    You may use Standing Wave (SpC pg204) as a spell-like ability.

Grand Nautica
    Dark 9th
    Once per hour, you may use Tsunami (SpC pg 224) as a spell-like ability.

Path of the Four Winds
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Ventus
    Least 2nd
    You ignore the effects of Wind up to the stated intensity. Level 1-5 Severe Winds, 6-10 Windstorm Winds, 11-15 Hurricane Winds, 16-20 Tornado Winds.

Lesser Ventus
    Lesser 4th
    You may use Gust of Wind as a spell like ability. Level 1-5 Severe Winds, 6-10 Windstorm Winds, 11-15 Hurricane Winds, 16-20 Tornado Winds.

Ventus
    Greater 5th
    May use Binding Winds as a spell-like ability (SpC pg27)

Grand Ventus
    Dark 9th
    May use Control Winds as a spell-like ability

Path of Storms
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Electropathy
    Least 2nd
    Being struck by any electricity attack affects you as a Haste spell for 3 rounds.

Lesser Electropathy
    Lesser 4th
    You are able to magnetize any metal within 30ft of you for as long as you maintain concentration. Metal-Armoured foes become entangled.

Electropathy
    Greater 5th
    You are as a lightning rod, any electricity attack passing within 5ft/level of you affects only you. Duration 24 hours.

Grand Electropathy
    Dark 9th
    Once per day, you can summon a thunderstorm that lasts 10min / level

Path of Light
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Lux
    Least 1rst
    You may use Light as a spell-like ability

Lesser Lux
    Lesser 3rd
    You may use Daylight as a spell-like ability.

Lux
    Greater 5th
    Your body emits a powerful burst of light. Creatures within 30ft at the time of casting must succeed a fortitude save or be blinded for 1 minute.

Grand lux
    Dark 9th
    Create a sun 3ft in diameter. Speed 40ft Counts for the purposes of destroying undead. Illuminates 200ft. 10d10 fire damage on contact (reflex negates). Standard action to direct.

Path of Solitude
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Ward
    Least 2nd
    You may use Sanctuary as a spell-like ability.

Lesser Ward
    Lesser 4th
    Gain a bonus on dispel checks equal to your Charisma modifier for 24 hours.

Ward
    Greater 7th
    You may use Antilife Shell as a spell-like ability

Grand Ward
    Dark 9th
    You may use Antimagic Field as a spell-like ability

Path of the Heritor
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Ownership
    Least 1rst
    You may use Arcane Mark as a spell-like ability.

Lesser Ownership
    Lesser 4th
    Know Location of all marks

Ownership
    Greater 6th
    Marked creatures get +3 unnamed bonus on will saves for 24 hours

Grand Ownership
    Dark 9th
    Asserting your ownership via the marks you have left, you dispel any and all mind-affecting or compulsion effects (good and bad) save those placed by you.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

Invocation Paths must be followed from start to finish. Simply taking Grand Celerity, for example, is prohibited. Unless specified, range is 30ft. Most of these are inspired in one way or another by the WoD wiki

Minor Remedy
    Least 1rst
    With a touch, you may diagnose the cause of a creatures malaise and anesthetize the creature(Fort save negates, duration 10 minutes).

Lesser Remedy
    Lesser 3rd
    You may use Remove Disease as a spell-like ability twice per day.

Remedy
    Greater 3rd
    You may use Remove Curse as a spell-like ability twice per day.

Grand Remedy
    Dark 7th
    You may use Regeneration as a spell-like ability twice per day
    [/Spoiler]

What exactly does 'anesthetize the creature' mean?

Also, this makes me want to create a whole line of Invocations for healing. And if you don't mind, can I share some Invocation ideas with you, since you seem far more capable then myself? If not, let me know and i'll clean up this post.

Spoiler
    Show

Shaded Respite: Works as endurance feat except it suppresses fatigue effects for failed checks for 24 hours. You take non lethal damage from failed checks normally you simply don't feel their effects, once you reach KO you immediacy fall unconscious.

Dark Resurrection: Allows you to use Resurrection as the spell. Must have the same material components.

Me and My Shadow: An invocation which works as Contingency but only for other invocations. Must have the same material component focus only in this case it is a voodoo doll made of cloth, sewn gems, and stuffed with saw dust your own hair, nail clippings, etc. AKA "Die for me". Can be used to hold the material component for Dark Resurrection, thus meaning if you die it will resurrect you, or rather, die for you. Others can be made for specific people, like, your entire party. But only one at a time per person.
    Think what you want. I can't stop you.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Paulus View Post
    What exactly does 'anesthetize the creature' mean?
    Intended to signify numbing the creature without knocking it out. Flavour only really.

Shaded Respite: Works as endurance feat except it suppresses fatigue effects for failed checks for 24 hours. You take non lethal damage from failed checks normally you simply don't feel their effects, once you reach KO you immediacy fall unconscious.
    Sooo
    Shaded Respite: You receive a +4 on constitution checks made to resist the effects of strenuous activity. You become immune to the effects of fatigue and exhaustion for 24 hours. You still suffer the nonlethal damage of strenuous activity.
    ?

Dark Resurrection: Allows you to use Resurrection as the spell. Must have the same material components.
    Seems fine.
    If you want to flavour it a little differently though

My Soul for Yours: With a touch, you send your soul to barter the return of another. You raise a fallen creature who has been dead for less than 1 minute. Doing so is taxing on your mind and spirit and you suffer 1d4 Charisma damage and lose 200xp/HD of the creature you are raising.

Me and My Shadow: An invocation which works as Contingency but only for other invocations. Must have the same material component focus only in this case it is a voodoo doll made of cloth, sewn gems, and stuffed with saw dust your own hair, nail clippings, etc. AKA "Die for me". Can be used to hold the material component for Dark Resurrection, thus meaning if you die it will resurrect you, or rather, die for you. Others can be made for specific people, like, your entire party. But only one at a time per person.
    I don't know how your group would feel about the possibility of every high level opponent they know carrying around a "1up", so I made this more restrictive version. Mind you it is by no means perfect, nor is my opinion.

Cursed Dolls: You create a small, simple doll. You must place an item which harbours a direct link with the creature to be warded by the doll into the doll (hair, nail, blood, skin, etc). You may only have 1 doll/person, attempting to create another sets the other ablaze and negates its effects.
    You may tie an invocation into the doll set to target that creature upon specific conditions set upon its creation (25 words or less). Doing so seals your usage of said invocation as its energies are focused elsewhere. Using the tied invocation destroys the doll.
    You may channel beneficial or baneful invocations within the dolls. Once triggered, the material link is destroyed and allows your power to bypass the need for Spell Resistance or Saves.
    Invocations that would require concentration have a duration of 3 rounds

25. - Top - End - #25

Intended to signify numbing the creature without knocking it out. Flavour only really.
    I understand but what does it mean mechanically, you can identify a poison or disease in someone and delay it's affects? if so how long? or does it work on wounds? Nonlethal damage?

Sooo
    Shaded Respite: You receive a +4 on constitution checks made to resist the effects of strenuous activity. You become immune to the effects of fatigue and exhaustion for 24 hours. You still suffer the nonlethal damage of strenuous activity.
    ?
    Yup, Basically it is endurance feat only it suppresses any negative effects for failing a save for 24 hours, letting you take nonlethal damage without actually feeling it until it reaches your totally HP count and you fall unconscious. Not much of a Invocation honestly... maybe if I added immunity to fatigue and exhaustion for outside sources, such as from spells...?

Seems fine.
    If you want to flavour it a little differently though

My Soul for Yours: With a touch, you send your soul to barter the return of another. You raise a fallen creature who has been dead for less than 1 minute. Doing so is taxing on your mind and spirit and you suffer 1d4 Charisma damage and lose 200xp/HD of the creature you are raising.
    I don't know if such a punishment should be leveled against an invocation player. sure it is usable at will, but you still need the 10kgp Material component and all the other restrictions of the spell apply. Making someone loose xp and take cha damage just seems too steep a price for at will, afterall, Clerics can cast it will no ill effects all they like.

Though I suppose for flavor if it must needs balancing out...

Candle in the Void
    Greater; 7th
    You channel raw Eldridge energy as a beacon to lost souls, enabling you to use resurrection as the spell. On top of needing the required material component it also does 1d4 con damage as a result of physically channeling that much raw energy which goes away after you have rested for eight hours.

I don't know how your group would feel about the possibility of every high level opponent they know carrying around a "1up", so I made this more restrictive version. Mind you it is by no means perfect, nor is my opinion.

Cursed Dolls: You create a small, simple doll. You must place an item which harbours a direct link with the creature to be warded by the doll into the doll (hair, nail, blood, skin, etc). You may only have 1 doll/person, attempting to create another sets the other ablaze and negates its effects.
    You may tie an invocation into the doll set to target that creature upon specific conditions set upon its creation (25 words or less). Doing so seals your usage of said invocation as its energies are focused elsewhere. Using the tied invocation destroys the doll.
    You may channel beneficial or baneful invocations within the dolls. Once triggered, the material link is destroyed and allows your power to bypass the need for Spell Resistance or Saves.
    Invocations that would require concentration have a duration of 3 rounds
    Every high level opponent with Invocations anyway,it's No worst then some of the tricks Wizards can pull with it. But I like your fleshing out of it. However Doing so seals your usage of said invocation as its energies are focused elsewhere. seems a bit off, if one can cast invocations at will all day, why would an item which has an invocation in reserve not allow you to cast it? Still again, to balance if it needs a downside...

Cursed Doll
    Dark; 9th
    You create a small, simple doll. You must place an item which harbors a direct link with the creature to be warded by the doll into the doll (hair, nail, blood, skin, etc) out fitted with gems costing at least 1,500gp. You may only have 1 doll/person, attempting to create another sets the other ablaze and negates its effects. You may tie an invocation into the doll set to target that creature upon specific conditions set upon its creation (25 words or less). You may channel beneficial or baneful invocations within the dolls. Once triggered, the material link is destroyed and allows your power to bypass the need for Spell Resistance or Saves. Invocations that would require concentration have a duration of 3 rounds. The target creature of the doll becomes shaken for one round after it's use.

So thus far we have...

Spoiler
    Show

Shaded Respite
    Least; 1st
    You receive a +4 on constitution checks made to resist the effects of strenuous activity. You become immune to the effects of fatigue and exhaustion for 24 hours, even from outside sources such as spells. You still suffer the nonlethal damage of strenuous activity from a failed save and when you reach the limit of your health you immediately fall unconscious until you've had eight hours of rest.

Candle in the Void
    Greater; 7th
    You channel raw Eldridge energy as a beacon to lost souls, enabling you to use resurrection as the spell. On top of needing the required material component it also does 1d4 con damage as a result of physically channeling that much raw energy which goes away after you have rested for eight hours.

Cursed Doll
    Dark; 9th
    You create a small, simple doll. You must place an item which harbors a direct link with the creature to be warded by the doll into the doll (hair, nail, blood, skin, etc) out fitted with gems costing at least 1,500gp. You may only have 1 doll/person, attempting to create another sets the other ablaze and negates its effects. You may tie an invocation into the doll set to target that creature upon specific conditions set upon its creation (25 words or less). You may channel beneficial or baneful invocations within the dolls. Once triggered, the material link is destroyed and allows your power to bypass the need for Spell Resistance or Saves. Invocations that would require concentration have a duration of 3 rounds. The target creature of the doll becomes shaken for one round after it's use.

what do you think?
    Last edited by Paulus; 2010-04-18 at 03:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

It's only to relieve a creature of suffering. There is not lasting benefit
    it offers no recovery, but may ease their passage.
    I suppose there is a case to be made that a numb creature is immune to being nauseated, but I would check with your DM.

I don't know if such a punishment should be leveled against an invocation player. sure it is usable at will, but you still need the 10kgp Material component and all the other restrictions of the spell apply. Making someone loose xp and take cha damage just seems too steep a price for at will, afterall, Clerics can cast it will no ill effects all they like.
    I think you misunderstood, the invocation I proposed had no material component. The price was Cha damage and XP reflecting strain on your soul (cha damage) and a price paid to whatever otherworldly force controls death in your setting (xp). I apologize for not being clearer.

Candle in the Void
    Greater; 7th
    This works too, I had no problem with your first resurrection invocation balance wise, but thought the idea of sending the warlock's soul out to buy back the soul of the fallen creature was neat enough to merit putting it out there.

Every high level opponent with Invocations anyway,it's No worst then some of the tricks Wizards can pull with it. But I like your fleshing out of it. However Doing so seals your usage of said invocation as its energies are focused elsewhere. seems a bit off, if one can cast invocations at will all day, why would an item which has an invocation in reserve not allow you to cast it? Still again, to balance if it needs a downside...
    Couldn't a high level opponent buy a 1up doll?
    If the invocation's eldritch energies are bound in a loop from the doll to warlock, then it prevents the possibility of warlocks selling these dolls like hot-cakes as they cannot create X copies, only the one.
    That being said, the material component may make this possibility null as wealth levels vary wildly from game to game.

If your DM is ok with that possibility, then by all means. I just tend to err on the side of caution as my DM tends to be uncomfortable with homebrew and therefore more permissive of more restrictive spells/invocations. The potential for abuse is always there in his eyes.

Other than that, I'd only suggest shifting the shaken condition from the Doll invocation to the resurrection invocation, representing minor system shock from being pulled back from the brink.
    Channeling an invocation like Curse of Despair through the Doll and adding the shaken condition on top of that could be too powerful, butchering saves like no-body's business (-2 from shaken, -4 from Curse of Despair, your caster friends would be jumping for joy, but your DM might cry ;-) ).

27. - Top - End - #27

It's only to relieve a creature of suffering. There is not lasting benefit
    it offers no recovery, but may ease their passage.
    I suppose there is a case to be made that a numb creature is immune to being nauseated, but I would check with your DM.
    Ah, seems rather tame for a invocation, it doesn't really have an effect and is just fluff, I understand. I don't really see anyone using this aside from a prereq for the others... hmmm... I dunno I'd add an effect at least like delay poison, just so it has SOME use to it. But I'm not the best with balancing issues.

I think you misunderstood, the invocation I proposed had no material component. The price was Cha damage and XP reflecting strain on your soul (cha damage) and a price paid to whatever otherworldly force controls death in your setting (xp). I apologize for not being clearer.
    Ah I see. I would keep it gp wise because it then allows other players to pay you for helping them, since they can not guarantee paying you xp. The spell itself is balanced so i don't see why this isn't balanced, and for at will, well it can't be used at will all the time because of temp con damage to yourself and for obvious reasons too much con damage and your out of the game. But I made it not permanent because that would be WAY to steep a price, you could abuse this for hellfire warlock I suppose but then it also take a material component so it's only as abusable as the cash allows.

So all in all I thought, temp con damage as a measure of tax on your body from using all the energy as you mimic divine energy itself, arguably more devastating to loose con then cha. I don't think spells should have xp penalties unless they can duplicate such things as wish and whatnot. But as this is only a resurrection ability, and not even a true resurrection, I think the con damage would keep it under control at will and the gp cost manageable and more inline with the real spell. Make sense?

This works too, I had no problem with your first resurrection invocation balance wise, but thought the idea of sending the warlock's soul out to buy back the soul of the fallen creature was neat enough to merit putting it out there.
    Soul projection is all well and good but then you have trouble with dealing with alignment, for example what if you try to send your chaotic soul after a lawful character and end up on a lawful plane? And what if you get Anchored to this plane? that sort of problem. It's not specified but could come up. Where as if it costs you health and money, well you can't use it numerous times all day providing an endless supply of resurrections, you'd die or run out of material components rather quickly. It wasn't meant to replace a true ressurector, just allow you to do so in a pinch. EDIT: also, how does one barter? do you need to make diplomacy, intimidate, or bluff checks? and what do you barter with xp? gp? all perhaps fluff I suppose, but it could come up. I'd rather use soul projection for things like... Dark Commune, or some such, where you can speak with deities and what not. Just seems to fit more... and the risks that go with it, make it sound more in line with that Warlock sending invocation which can damage you.

Couldn't a high level opponent buy a 1up doll?
    If the invocation's eldritch energies are bound in a loop from the doll to warlock, then it prevents the possibility of warlocks selling these dolls like hot-cakes as they cannot create X copies, only the one.
    That being said, the material component may make this possibility null as wealth levels vary wildly from game to game.
    hmm certainly, but the material cost would make this quite expensive, 11,500gp per doll that give you one extra life, yet makes you shaken after using for one round would be neat I'd think.

And if the material component and shaken effect aren't enough of a drawback, I suppose lowering Candle in the Void's the power and price to that of raise dead would be better? That way it doesn't restore you to full health and you can be easily re-killed afterward AND the doll can only hold one invocation at a time. This risk is lessened by the fact you have a party backing you up, and therefore would be more valuable to player characters as opposed to solo big bads. But then again the PC can always be re-killed right after as well... so... it is STILL a risk. But then again, there is always the chance you will be helped or saved by your party and therefore back in the game as opposed to just being dead. What do you think?

If your DM is ok with that possibility, then by all means. I just tend to err on the side of caution as my DM tends to be uncomfortable with homebrew and therefore more permissive of more restrictive spells/invocations. The potential for abuse is always there in his eyes.

Other than that, I'd only suggest shifting the shaken condition from the Doll invocation to the resurrection invocation, representing minor system shock from being pulled back from the brink.
    Channeling an invocation like Curse of Despair through the Doll and adding the shaken condition on top of that could be too powerful, butchering saves like no-body's business (-2 from shaken, -4 from Curse of Despair, your caster friends would be jumping for joy, but your DM might cry ;-) ).
    Ah sorry I meant to make it the target of the spell as in, the person who uses it. So if you used it like that the Caster would be shaken, not the target who triggered the doll.

This represents the 'curse' of the doll, as in severing the link from the 'hair, fingernails, etc' the doll suffers in your place and you feel as if someone has walked over your grave, as in "that could have been me" etc. The shaken condition applies to the person for which the doll was made, and they are shaken regardless of what the doll affects. Hence, Curse. ...I just don't know how to clarify that in the text very well. hmmm...

Spoiler
    Show

Shaded Respite
    Least; 1st
    You receive a +4 on constitution checks made to resist the effects of strenuous activity. You become immune to the effects of fatigue and exhaustion for 24 hours, even from outside sources such as spells. You still suffer the nonlethal damage of strenuous activity from a failed save and when you reach the limit of your health you immediately fall unconscious until you've had eight hours of rest.

Candle in the Void
    Greater; 7th
    You channel raw Eldridge energy as a beacon to lost souls, enabling you to use [resurrection or raise dead] as the spell. On top of needing the required material component it also does 1d4 con damage as a result of physically channeling that much raw energy which goes away after you have rested for eight hours.

Cursed Doll
    Dark; 9th
    You create a small, simple doll. You must place an item which harbors a direct link with the creature to be warded by the doll into the doll (hair, nail, blood, skin, etc) out fitted with gems costing at least 1,500gp. You may only have 1 doll/person, attempting to create another sets the other ablaze and negates its effects. You may tie an invocation into the doll set to target that creature upon specific conditions set upon its creation (25 words or less). You may channel beneficial or baneful invocations within the dolls. Once triggered, the material link is destroyed and allows your power to bypass the need for Spell Resistance or Saves. Invocations that would require concentration have a duration of 3 rounds. The owner of the doll becomes shaken for one round after it's use.

how's that?
    EDIT: I don't mean either resurrection or raise dead I mean which should it use, just to clarify. Not implying you can choose between the to, or that it's one or the other just asking which should be put there, Raise dead or resurrection?
    Last edited by Paulus; 2010-04-18 at 05:08 PM.