1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default My Little Pony XXVII: Eternal Chaos comes with Chocolate Rain

Trixie's Great and Powerful Guide v1.94p
    Q Edition

Brief Introduction

Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a reboot of the MLP franchise by Powerpuff Girls artist Lauren Faust, currently viewed by (almost) the entire Internet, not only the intended audience. Here is a place where we discuss the joy of friendship.

> My Little Pony? Seriously?

It's a clever show. It has excellent writing, character dynamics, humor, animation, and generally treats kids seriously rather than condescending to them. It has every right to be a 20 minute corporate committee designed infomercial, but it's not.

> Isn't this a show for little girls?

Pixar technically makes shows for little boys, and produce some of the best animation in the world.

> Okay, fine. I'll give it a try. Where do I start?

No Brony could ask for more. I recommend watching the episodes in order. They're all up on Youtube. Unusually, Hasbro seems fine with having the entire series up in public because they've made no move to bring down any of the episodes. Search for "Friendship is Magic Episode 1" and you should find the series pretty easily... Or search for "Sharing is Magic" Google Doc. That is all.

> Okay, I'm going to watch it but this had better live up to the hype!

Whoa, calm down there. The show is light hearted, optimistic fun but it's not for everyone. It's good fun, the community is good fun, and everyone can do with a reminder that friendship is magic but if it doesn't gel for you we'll love and tolerate you anyway. Plus, you might hit the wrong episode. Ask first?

> Iron Hoof/Fan Theories/Shipping/Binding

All in good fun! If it's not your cup of tea, skim it, but this show has triggered a great creative outpouring from the Internet. Pony themed fan-art is abundant and often excellent. See below for some examples.

> Derpy Hooves/Doctor Whoof

Two minor background characters who were adopted as emblems of 4chan. Derpy Hooves is so named due to an animation error in the first episode that had her eyes facing in different directions; 4chan has assigned her the role of Ponyville's mailpony, and her only line so far has been "Muffins". The show's animators are aware of Derpy's popularity and she's shown up a few times recently with her eyes obviously derped. Currently made canon in Feeling Pinkie Keen and in Faust's picture showcased below, Derpy was deemed important enough to appear in storyboards for Season II.

Dr. Whoof is a pony with an hourglass cutie mark; he and his kin save time and space very quietly off camera.

Ponytar Artists

Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Alterform
    Crown of Thorns
    Dirtytabs
    Irbis
    Kairaven
    Khosan

...and a lot more, too many to keep track of, now.

If you do/don't want to be here, make a note in the thread.

Note that we're looking for more as the above are a bit swamped with requests currently.

New: Official PonyPic Request Thread!
    Old Requests [Archived]

General Resources

Spoiler
    Show
    Fan Fiction and News: Equestria Daily
    FF... Darkly: Equestria after Dark
    Discussion Image Forum: Ponychan
    Pony Emotes: FiM Emotes
    More Emotes: MC's Emotes
    Also Emotes: GD's Emotes
    Pony Images: Ponibooru
    More Images: 20% Cooler
    Know Your Meme: Ponies!
    Allspark MLP Discussion Thread

Art Resources

Pony Games

Nice Fanwork

Art Challenges

Spoiler
    Show
    MyLP Challenge:

Do you want to try your hand at something fun? Feeling need to draw fanart? How about trying MyLP Challenge?

What it is? Just click on the linked template.

How does that work? Don't be scared, just complete the template to the best of your ability. Have one two three four examples made by other ponies

Starting thread and more examples can be found here.

ATTENTION EVERYPONY!!!

Great & Powerful Trixie made a bet. A bet I'll procure 12 pictures of Trixie - like the one in my sig, of similar quality - before next weekend. Trixie cosplaying, doing weird stuff, finding herself in unusual situations. So! I need ideas! Sketches of Unicorn ponies (I'm willing to vectorize them for free if they're good enough)! Moments from the show showing ponies with unusual poses and/or designs I could use to inspire myself! Finally, if someone would also like to draw something, I'd be glad to repay in some manner :P

Any takers?

Important GitP Links

Want to RP? My Little Pony: FiM RP Recruitment Thread.
    Want to join the list of GitP Bronies?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVII: Eternal Chaos comes with Chocolate Rain

I love that initial pic. Humanized Discord and Luna?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just love that new thread smell! *Sniiiiiiiff*
    Smells like pony!

Also, who is Twilight dancing with in the Original Post?

EDIT: Nevermind, I r dumb.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-11 at 12:22 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh. Furst! (Or rather. Third.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Happy October the 11th, everyone!

TwiCord is a fun ship. DiscLestia is better though.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Happy October the 11th, everyone!

TwiCord is a fun ship. DiscLestia is better though.
    I prefer PinkieCord personally.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    I prefer PinkieCord personally.
    Also a good one!

Let us apply my rule:
    PinkieTwiLestiaCord.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I love that initial pic. Humanized Discord and Luna?
    Discord/Twilight; it's her Gala dress, plus check out the hair.

And here, since these don't seem to be in an Imgur yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry people who voted A, I thought one year of MLP warrants some attention, too

Also, I considered these images for OP, too, but they break all sorts of rules so have them here instead:

Spoiler
    Show

Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yay! New Ponythread!

*throws confetti, which then explodes*

11. - Top - End - #11

Hooray, new thread! Thanks as always, Trixie for keeping this up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *catches can of sardines*

Raging Inferno Strike!

*can of sardines supernovas into white-hot, hurricane-wind-elemental-boosted flames*

*throws tornado-enhanced flaming can of sardines back*

I love my level up!

I'm just that awesome and you know it!
    *ducks*

Aha! In avoiding my nefariously thrown pescarian projectile, you killed the thread! Just as planned!
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-11 at 12:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

new thread? that means its time for a thread warming party!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

and something that came to mind in those wonderful/strange moments when you first wake up but are still 63.7% asleep

there is a serious lack of BG/very minor Pegasi that have names/stories compared to earth or unicorn ponies

---off the top of my head

Earth: Cherrilee, Bonbon, Berry Punch, Carrot Top, Rose, Lily, Daisy, Aloe, Lotus, Dr. Whooves, Sepia Tock, Octavia, Twist, Granny Smith, Braeburn, Big Mac, Foto Finish

Unicorn: Snips, Snails, Lyra, Vinyl Scratch, Silver Spoon, Diamond Tiara,
    Hoity Toity, Trixie, Prince Blueblood, Colgate

Pegasus: Derpy, Screwball(for all of 1.5 seconds on screen), and the Bullies....plus assorted nameless royal guards

where all the Pegasi at yo?
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-11 at 12:48 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

13. - Top - End - #13

Oh, also! I have some Role Playing posts to get out!

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Midnight and Rarity

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight felt his heart patter excitedly in his chest. He had, of course, been told the story of how Blueblood had treated Rarity so long ago at the Gala, before she was even born. That was only compounded by her own interactions with the arrogant stallion, and his less terrible, but still misguided, son. It had always rankled at him, how Rarity had been treated, how her dream had been so cruelly shattered.

Midnight was all about second chances, and dreams. He wanted to give this to Rarity. But it was more than just that, now. The tension in the air, the interplay between the younger Prince and his older, but still gorgeous, Lady. It was more than just the game now. The gentle teasing she had intended to catch Rarity off-guard had now started them down on this more serious path.

His kiss hadn't just made Rarity's heart skip a beat, it had done the same to him.

His body was filling with warmth, from his hooves, to his cheeks, which began to blush the same lovely pink that Rarity had, the pink of two ponies experiencing the first moments of passion.

He smiled, as Rarity spoke, and nodded slowly, before bowing low to Rarity.

"Of course, my dear Lady. I shall take my leave, and allow you to prepare for this evening, whilst I do the same."

He made a mental note to quickly read up on formal fashions for stallions. After all, it wouldn't do to take Rarity, of all ponies, on a date dressed unfashionably.

After all, he wanted to make this her best night ever.
    Rarity's Night Haha. See what I did there?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It took Rarity nye a single minute to have returned to Carousel Boutique, and even less time for the floor to be littered with dresses, needles, fabric, and in one location the odd sewing machine. It was such a mess, but she could clean up later. It was not as if the evening's newest prince were spending an evening in her humble abode. Her appearances to upkeep were her own.

"Oh what to wear, what to wear? It has been so many year since I have made myself such formal attire!" Another roll of fabric spun up into the air, only to be discarded across the room rather haphazardly, much to the annoyed yeowl of the ever aging Opalescence; echoed by her kitten Amethyst. Like mother like daughter, that roll of fabric would most likely be a complete loss to the fury of their little claws and teeth. Rarely ever did fabric survive in this shop anymore thanks to the addition of the little one.

"What are you doing up here sis? I haven't heard this much of a racket in here since the gala last time you went!" A now fully grown mare pressed her head against the walnut door, a creak of aged hinges barely piercing the commotion, and was greeted by the site of that same old gala dress hovering in midair before her frazzled looking sister. She shook her head, her purple and pink mane, still holding it's trademark curl; albeit a bit longer than she kept it as a filly, bobbed in the air, somehow belaying an effortless, natural grace; quite unlike the one that her sister held.

"Oh Sweetie Bell, darling, it's simply dreadful. I have nothing to wear this evening!"

"Um... Yeah? When's the last time you've had to wear anything?"

"Come to think of it, it was... Four years ago, when Hoity Toity called me to Canterlot for a show of my own designs." A sigh escaped her lips at the memory.

"And that's exactly why you don't have anything to wear. You're an absolute wreck! What is the occasion tonight?" Sweetie Bell was ever too happy to push the ever present joke. "Finally have that hot date with another prince?" Her visage had expressed a playful nudge, but the sudden gleam in her sister's eyes made her blood go cold. "Not... Not Blueblood again, right?"

"No, no my dear. This is a stallion who truly does understand a to treat a fine lady like yours truly."

"Well then who? And how?" The teenager was incredulous. She had never dreamed that her sister would ever have another opportunity at that particular wish, even with her fashion career slowly careening into the stars.

"Of course my dear, it's M-" And ever so charactaristically, Rarity recoiled visibly at the thought. Just for the fact that she saw no harm in it did not mean that the other cultured ponies would find this particular conduct acceptable, and Celestia knows how prone to gossip little Sweetie Bell was. Much like herself at that age, in fact. A soft red colored her cheeks. "M-M-My... My contact! Yes, my contact in Canterlot has set me up on a blind date with somepony he trusts will be truly a cut above the rest! Now, run along you, run along and let your sister prepare!" Sweetie Bell's hooves scraped and clopped against the fading varnish on the second floor as she was pushed rather hastily away by her older sister, the door slamming behind her, nearly smashing against her cutie mark.

---

Rarity stood just behind closed door of her Botique in a cleaned up little number from her past. It wasn't as if anything else she had even came close to fitting the mood of the evening. A little crimson number, a sash draped loosely around her front, hints and highlights of yellow splashed in all the right places. The fabric was worn in places as she extracted it from the box she had once thought it's grave, yet it was quick work for such a master seamstress. Her hair sat in a bun, steamed and teased to absolute perfection; while the Stallion she was set to meet may have accepted her as she stood, she herself would allow no less.

"He knocks, and wait exactly five seconds Rarity. Show you have a true balance between eagerness and preparation. Oh... Where could he be?" Truth be told it was still ten minutes prior to their arrangement, and yet she found herself clopping her freshly polished slippers on the ground in frustration of anticipation already.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Mwah!
    Mission accomplished.

Where's the fun if you don't get caught?
    But if you get caught, then you aren't stalking very well, are you?

"You silly ponies! If she he knows where you are then you aren't stalking very well, are you? You're more like her his fanclub!"
    Oh don't be silly, Midnight already has a fanclub! But if I don't get better at this stalking thing, then the Midnight Prowlers will be a disappointment to Lyra's stalking legacy!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    But I like Midnight. I might even be stalking her with the best technology available to Scoltland forces (only to find the princess, of course).

BRB, heading to a computer lab to do STUFF.
    For the good Commander.

The friendship cannon affects you because you're something similar to negative energy, and it's something similar to positive. The hatred cannon is the OPPOSITE.
    Wouldn't it supercharge you?
    This is true, which is why I'm going to look for ... I guess it's either Sequence 1 or Sequence 2, for STUFF.

I will feed your soul to the raksha.
    You've made a fatal assumption there, I'm afraid.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

For those of you following the Pony Fortress updates, I made new journal entries.

Also, those who had their ponies killed are welcome to request for a clone.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    But if you get caught, then you aren't stalking very well, are you?
    I'm not stalking. I'm watching.

You've made a fatal assumption there, I'm afraid.
    That you have one?@

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

That you have one?@
    Umm, err, no! Not that at all! Some other terrible mistake that I cannot reveal to you at the present time!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #19

As promised, my story.

Chapter One, for those who missed it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My life truly began the day I got my cutie mark. I guess that’s normal, but to be honest, I can hardly remember what happened before then. I was an average colt, intelligent but shy, with no real friends and too many books. It comes with being a unicorn, I guess—even the famed Twilight Sparkle spent more of her childhood in the company of books than that of friends.

It was worse for me, though. I had been cursed (in hindsight, blessed, but hindsight is funny like that) with a perfectly average appearance, along with the ability to just blend in with my surroundings. White coat, black mane, grey eyes, and a skinny build for a colt which I’ve kept well into stallionhood. An uninteresting name, Shadow (for my black mane, which my mother always loved). Perfectly normal, perfectly average, perfectly unremarkable. And, being so truly unremarkable, I was never accepted into Celestia’s famed unicorn academy. I vaguely remember being upset when I received the rejection letter from Ponyville’s mailpony, Dorky Doo (mother of our current mailpony Ditzy Doo). I may have even cried. It seems almost funny, looking back.

Not long after that, upset at my lack of special talent, or anything to set me apart for that matter, I ran away from home. And where else was a lonely, untalented, unwanted young buck to go but the Everfree Forest? I think I truly intended to die there. And I very nearly got that wish. As I pressed deeper and the vines and leaves pressed in around me, I heard more and more deep, animalistic noises. Eventually, cold and wet from a sudden squall of rain, I emerged from the brush in front of an enormous cave. I had already accepted my fate; anything this horrible place threw at me, I would simply let it happen. So I walked right in.

It quickly grew too dark to see, and the deep growls and snarls were growing louder all the time. I pressed on, determining to see this final adventure through to the end, and before long I bumped into a huge wall of furry flesh. The cavern lit up with a pale glow like starlight, and the vast creature reared up with a sleepy growl. An Ursa. Not a bad way to go, I guess. Except Fate had other things in store for me. I cowered as the creature drew up a humongous paw to end my short, meaningless existence… And in that moment, everything changed. I didn’t want to die. I didn’t think my life was meaningless. And who did this creature think it was, to try to kill ME? HOW DARE IT? Power, unlike any I had experienced in my previous studies, surged through my body and left my horn in a pure, black beam.

I must have blacked out. When I woke up, there was blood in my mouth and nose. I shook it off, but the foul metallic taste clung to my tongue and settled in the back of my throat. The cavern was lit with the barest edge of daylight, enough to see the fuzzy outline of the Ursa as it lay in the center of the cave, unmoving. I crept towards it slowly, not knowing if it was asleep or awake. As I passed the huge, fallen head, I saw that the eyes were still open and froze… But they were glazed and grey, unmoving… dead. I had cast my first real spell: a Death spell. And with just my own power, I had slain an Ursa.

I staggered from the beshadowed cave into the light of what was, to me at least, my first day. A convenient pool of water drew my attention; I really needed to wash up, to get the blood from my face before heading home. As I finished scrubbing my face with my hooves, something caught my eye: where before had been a blank white flank was now a cutie mark, one that would define my whole life: the Grim Pony’s scythe.

And Chapter Two.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The next few years were interesting, to say the least. I couldn’t reveal the true meaning behind my cutie mark to my family or the other colts and fillies, so I was forced to pretend that it was actually meant to represent a passion for farming. My parents were disappointed; after all, farming is an Earth Pony occupation. Unicorns are supposed to be better than that. But it was what it was, and there was no changing it, so they accepted it. I learned the rudiments of farming from the local Earth Ponies (who smirked to themselves about a Unicorn like myself having to work and get their hooves dirty like them), and discovered that my talents applied to harvesting. A surprise, but a beneficial one, because it allowed me to maintain my cover.

In the meantime, I did what I could to learn more about my real talent. Books on the subject were understandably rare, ponies being ponies, but I still managed to get my hooves on some thanks to my local library. When those tomes were leafed through to the point where pages were coming loose from their bindings, I turned to the Doo family. Ditzy was the closest thing I had to a friend: behind those googly eyes was a gentle, caring soul, and I alone out of our class had never made fun of her for that deformity. The first time I broached the subject to her, she was hesitant, but after I told her of how I had gotten my cutie mark she relented. Everything we needed to track down books of magic was in her parents’ house, and we scrimped and saved enough to pay for them ourselves. Nopony gave the packages a second look, and I made up Ditzy’s share by playing with her at school and keeping her company at home. That was a good time, and Ditzy is still one of my closest friends, as much as somepony like me can have friends.

As we grew up and moved into our niches, I kept my secret studies, practicing what I learned on monsters in the Everfree Forest. There were times when those spells wouldn’t work and I’d get beaten up or scratched, and before I learned how to master the backlash from my more destructive spells I came back to my house with a bloody muzzle more than once. As I grew more powerful magically, I forced myself to learn a simple healing spell; not much, but enough to at least pass the monster claw marks off as thorn scratches and to prevent myself from scarring.

Life was better, but I still felt incomplete. Even with the sessions in the Forest, I still felt like something was missing, that I wasn’t doing what I was supposed to. On the farm, I was told good-naturedly to stay away from the crops until harvest time, which left me plenty of free time to pursue my studies. When harvest time came around, it was all the poor Earth Ponies could do to keep up with me as I became a hurricane of magic. With my help, harvest time took a quarter of what it had before, so in my coworkers’ opinion I more than made up for my absence the rest of the year.

I fell into a routine, alternating between studying, practicing, and spending time with Ditzy Doo. I got so used to being dissatisfied with my life that I didn’t even notice it anymore. And then that fateful Summer Sun Celebration happened, and everything changed once again.

... *hides under bush*

20. - Top - End - #20

Rarity's Night Haha. See what I did there?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It took Rarity nye a single minute to have returned to Carousel Boutique, and even less time for the floor to be littered with dresses, needles, fabric, and in one location the odd sewing machine. It was such a mess, but she could clean up later. It was not as if the evening's newest prince were spending an evening in her humble abode. Her appearances to upkeep were her own.

"Oh what to wear, what to wear? It has been so many year since I have made myself such formal attire!" Another roll of fabric spun up into the air, only to be discarded across the room rather haphazardly, much to the annoyed yeowl of the ever aging Opalescence; echoed by her kitten Amethyst. Like mother like daughter, that roll of fabric would most likely be a complete loss to the fury of their little claws and teeth. Rarely ever did fabric survive in this shop anymore thanks to the addition of the little one.

"What are you doing up here sis? I haven't heard this much of a racket in here since the gala last time you went!" A now fully grown mare pressed her head against the walnut door, a creak of aged hinges barely piercing the commotion, and was greeted by the site of that same old gala dress hovering in midair before her frazzled looking sister. She shook her head, her purple and pink mane, still holding it's trademark curl; albeit a bit longer than she kept it as a filly, bobbed in the air, somehow belaying an effortless, natural grace; quite unlike the one that her sister held.

"Oh Sweetie Bell, darling, it's simply dreadful. I have nothing to wear this evening!"

"Um... Yeah? When's the last time you've had to wear anything?"

"Come to think of it, it was... Four years ago, when Hoity Toity called me to Canterlot for a show of my own designs." A sigh escaped her lips at the memory.

"And that's exactly why you don't have anything to wear. You're an absolute wreck! What is the occasion tonight?" Sweetie Bell was ever too happy to push the ever present joke. "Finally have that hot date with another prince?" Her visage had expressed a playful nudge, but the sudden gleam in her sister's eyes made her blood go cold. "Not... Not Blueblood again, right?"

"No, no my dear. This is a stallion who truly does understand a to treat a fine lady like yours truly."

"Well then who? And how?" The teenager was incredulous. She had never dreamed that her sister would ever have another opportunity at that particular wish, even with her fashion career slowly careening into the stars.

"Of course my dear, it's M-" And ever so charactaristically, Rarity recoiled visibly at the thought. Just for the fact that she saw no harm in it did not mean that the other cultured ponies would find this particular conduct acceptable, and Celestia knows how prone to gossip little Sweetie Bell was. Much like herself at that age, in fact. A soft red colored her cheeks. "M-M-My... My contact! Yes, my contact in Canterlot has set me up on a blind date with somepony he trusts will be truly a cut above the rest! Now, run along you, run along and let your sister prepare!" Sweetie Bell's hooves scraped and clopped against the fading varnish on the second floor as she was pushed rather hastily away by her older sister, the door slamming behind her, nearly smashing against her cutie mark.

---

Rarity stood just behind closed door of her Botique in a cleaned up little number from her past. It wasn't as if anything else she had even came close to fitting the mood of the evening. A little crimson number, a sash draped loosely around her front, hints and highlights of yellow splashed in all the right places. The fabric was worn in places as she extracted it from the box she had once thought it's grave, yet it was quick work for such a master seamstress. Her hair sat in a bun, steamed and teased to absolute perfection; while the Stallion she was set to meet may have accepted her as she stood, she herself would allow no less.

"He knocks, and wait exactly five seconds Rarity. Show you have a true balance between eagerness and preparation. Oh... Where could he be?" Truth be told it was still ten minutes prior to their arrangement, and yet she found herself clopping her freshly polished slippers on the ground in frustration of anticipation already.
    I managed to sneak into the nearby Starbucks for a moment, I have fifteen minutes before I have to go to work that's just across the road, and I saw this, Titanium. I have to say, I'm glad I'll have time to work on my response, this is just great. I've got another response box open, and I'll work on it between breaks and stuff. When I get a chance to post, it'll be a worthy response!

I also have to resist the urge to collect all our responses, properly correct everything, and turn it into a fic.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

regarding image at end of last thread

...That image is beyond massive dude.
    yeah...i wish i could post it in the screen size version but it auto posts as that monster and ya gotta rightclick to view it at acceptable size
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Umm, err, no! Not that at all! Some other terrible mistake that I cannot reveal to you at the present time!
    You're actually a raksha?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I need an adult!
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

You're actually a raksha?
    Yes, she's buying it!

Ha ha, yes, of course that's it! You've found me out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I need an adult!
    Discord: I am an adult.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-10-11 at 12:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I need an adult!
    Discord: I-

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian
    Discord: I am an adult.
    darn kismesis.

Yes, she's buying it!

Ha ha, yes, of course that's it! You've found me out!

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    and something that came to mind in those wonderful/strange moments when you first wake up but are still 63.7% asleep

there is a serious lack of BG/very minor Pegasi that have names/stories compared to earth or unicorn ponies

---off the top of my head

Earth: Cherrilee, Bonbon, Berry Punch, Carrot Top, Rose, Lily, Daisy, Aloe, Lotus, Dr. Whooves, Sepia Tock, Octavia, Twist, Granny Smith, Braeburn, Big Mac, Foto Finish

Unicorn: Snips, Snails, Lyra, Vinyl Scratch, Silver Spoon, Diamond Tiara,
    Hoity Toity, Trixie, Prince Blueblood, Colgate

Pegasus: Derpy, Screwball(for all of 1.5 seconds on screen), and the Bullies....plus assorted nameless royal guards

where all the Pegasi at yo?
    I agree, we need more stories/artwork with Leeroy Wingkins or Raindrops!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

NEW THREAD! *pew pew pew*

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Sorry people who voted A, I thought one year of MLP warrants some attention, too

Also, I considered these images for OP, too, but they break all sorts of rules so have them here instead:

Spoiler
    Show

Love the Celestia in this one, and young Discord isn't looking too shabby either.

And I'm up for using the anniversary title when it's the anniversary of the ponythread. Not quite the same as ponyversary, but I think it'd be nice.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Love the Celestia in this one, and young Discord isn't looking too shabby either.

And I'm up for using the anniversary title when it's the anniversary of the ponythread. Not quite the same as ponyversary, but I think it'd be nice.
    Hm, I think ponythread 1 started in December because Jukashi linked the winter wrap up song in his original OP, iirc.

Ah fresh new thread. I'll inevitably try to follow this one and lose track around page 20 due to not having time to actually read it all. Cant' wait
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Actually, Screwball is an earth Pony. She was flying in her appearance because of Discord messing with everything, which apparently caused her propeller hat to be able to carry her.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis