New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default 4E Does what Nintendon't (Race, PEACH)

Anthropomorphic Hedgehog!

(Heretofore referred to as a "Hedgie")

Racial Traits

Average Height: 3'0"-3'6"
    Average Weight: 55-75 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma
    Size: Small
    Speed: 8 squares
    Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, choice of one other
    Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Acrobatics
    Natural Weapons: A "Hedgie" has a row of spikes on his head and back, which he can use as a natural weapon with a +3 proficiency bonus and d6 damage dice, and count as light blades and unarmed. These spikes can be enchanted as normal weapons, but take up the head magic item slot. (That's where most of them are, anyway)
    Like Greased Lightning: You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Reflex Defense.
    Spin Dash: Once per encounter, a "Hedgie" can use the Spin Dash racial power.

Spin Dash "Hedgie" Racial Power
    You curl into a spiky ball and hurl yourself at your foes.
    Encounter
    Standard Action, Melee Weapon
    Requirement: You must use your Natural Weapon for this attack.
    Target: All creatures you move through
    Special: You may move up to your speed +2 before attacking, and may pass through squares occupied by your enemies without provoking attacks of opportunity.
    Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
    Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier at level 11, and 3[W] + Dexterity modifier at level 21.
    Special: During the movement, you may make Athletics checks to jump as if you had a running start.

Racial Feats:

Heroic:

Agile Runner:
    Prerequisite: "Hedgie"
    Benefit: You no longer grant Combat Advantage when running.

Sonic Speed:
    Prerequisite: "Hedgie," Dex 17
    Benefit: You gain a +2 racial bonus to your speed.

Spin Jump:
    Prerequisite: "Hedgie," trained in Athletics
    Benefit: You gain the Spin Jump Power, and may jump through spaces occupied by your enemies.

Spin Jump Feat Power
    Your jump becomes a devastating attack.
    At-Will
    Free Action, Melee Weapon
    Requirement: You must use your Natural Weapon for this attack.
    Target: All creatures you move through
    Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier at level 21.
    Special: This power may only be used when you are jumping, and may not be used in combination with the Spin Dash power.

Paragon:

Deadly Spines:
    Prerequisite: "Hedgie"
    Benefit: The damage dice of your Natural Weapon increases to d8s.

The Anthropomorphic Hedgehog, also known as a "Hedgie," is a short, lightning-quick race of humanoids. Unlike actual hedgehogs, Hedgies are naturally faster than any other race alive. This speed influences everything in their lives, often making them impatient and arrogant.

They are commonly about one meter tall and slightly lighter than halflings. They are covered in a coat of short spike-like fur with several larger spines on the backs and head. The spines can be any color, but blue, pink, red, and black are common.

Hedgies are commonly Rogues (i.e. Sonic) or Warlocks (Shadow, a Star Pact Warlock), but some also become Inspiring Warlords (Amy?).

Epic Destiny:

Super Hedgehog
    Your connection to the Chaos Emeralds gives you control over ultimate power.

Prerequisites: 21st level, member of the "Hedgie" race, possesses 7 Chaos Emeralds

You have overcome dire situations to obtain the 7 Chaos Emeralds, and they have rewarded you with their supreme power, allowing you to take a form more powerful than many can imagine. You become a legend, a being capable of destroying horrors that approach god-like power. How you use this power will determine how you will be remembered in the annals of history... will you be a hero saving the world, or will you be an invincible tyrant?

Supreme Speed (21st Level): You gain a +2 Destiny bonus to your speed.
    Too Fast For Death (24th Level): Once per day, if you would be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by an attack, the attack automatically misses, even if the attack was a critical hit or if damage was already rolled.
    Control over the Chaos (30th Level): Your Super Form utility power may be used twice per day, and your Spin Dash power becomes an At-Will.

Super Form Super Hedgehog Utility 26
    Now I'll show you!
    Daily * Stance
    Standard Action, Personal
    Effect: You gain a fly (hover) speed equal to your normal speed with a +4 power bonus, and you gain a +4 bonus to AC and Reflex defenses. This lasts until the end of the encounter.

Chaos Emerald Level 21-30?
    A glowing gem of immense power, difficult to obtain but nearly infinite in potential. It is said that there are only seven in the entire world.
    Wondrous Item, Artifact
    Power (Daily): Chaos Blast Standard Action. Make an attack against all enemies within close burst 7, Charisma + 5 vs. Will.
    Hit: 5d12 + Charisma modifier force fire damage.
    Power (Daily): Chaos Control Standard Action. You gain two extra standard actions per round until the end your next turn.
    DM Note: These items are required for the Super Hedgehog Epic Destiny, but are a cut above most items attained at or below level 20. You may need to introduce extra limits on the powers until level 21 for Hedgies, or introduce them far later if there aren't any Hedgie PCs in the campaign.

Piko Piko Hammer Level 3+
    A massive hammer favored by fashion-conscious Hedgies to avoid messing up their styled spines
    {table=head]Level|Bonus|Price
    2|+1|520 gp
    7|+2|2,600 gp
    12|+3|13,000 gp
    17|+4|65,000 gp
    22|+5|325,000 gp
    27|+6|1,625,000 gp[/table]
    Weapon: Hammer
    Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +1d6 per plus
    Property: If you are a Hedgie, you may use this weapon in place of your Natural Weapon.
    Property: When this hammer is not in use, can disappear into an extra-dimensional pocket that only the wielder can access. Making the hammer enter or leave this space is a minor action.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-10-09 at 03:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: 4E Does what Nintendon't (Race, PEACH)

Cool and well done, but I think the spin dash is a bit overpowered compared to other racial powers. I'd tone it down to 1d6, which is what the spikes usually do anyway.

Super Form should probably be a stance.
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2008-09-25 at 01:48 PM.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurd Juris View Post
    Cool and well done, but I think the spin dash is a bit overpowered compared to other racial powers. I'd tone it down to 1d6, which is what the spikes usually do anyway.

Super Form should probably be a stance.
    Thanks. I changed Spin Dash to 1[W] at level 1, 2 at 11, and 3 at 21, so it's roughly the same as Dragon Breath. I also made Super Form a stance.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Cool...

But, unless I'm mistaken, Sonic is the only "hedgie" with spikes. Shadow's are more like dreadlocks, and Amy has perfectly spherical hair. Maybe just a tackle-attack natural weapon?
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    But, unless I'm mistaken, Sonic is the only "hedgie" with spikes. Shadow's are more like dreadlocks, and Amy has perfectly spherical hair. Maybe just a tackle-attack natural weapon?

Seems spiky enough to me...

...but this one is a good point, although early artwork gave her spikier spines...

Perhaps I'll write up a Piko Piko Hammer later for her to use instead...

I wrote up the race primarily with Sonic and Shadow in mind, since they've been playable in more games...

EDIT: Ah, what the hay. I'll do it now.

Piko Piko Hammer Level 3+
    A massive hammer favored by fashion-conscious Hedgies to avoid messing up their styled spines
    {table=head]Level|Bonus|Price
    2|+1|520 gp
    7|+2|2,600 gp
    12|+3|13,000 gp
    17|+4|65,000 gp
    22|+5|325,000 gp
    27|+6|1,625,000 gp[/table]
    Weapon: Hammer
    Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +1d6 per plus
    Property: If you are a Hedgie, you may use this weapon in place of your Natural Weapon.
    Property: When this hammer is not in use, can disappear into an extra-dimensional pocket that only the wielder can access. Making the hammer enter or leave this space is a minor action.

Amy's would be a Piko Piko Warhammer...
    This was basically based on the stats of the Pact Hammer...
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-09-25 at 04:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think Amy's been playable more than Shadow, actually. Or they're very close. But I don't think Shadow's playable in Sonic Advance series, which sets him behind a few.

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I wrote up the race primarily with Sonic and Shadow in mind, since they've been playable in more games...
    Makes sense. I was just pointing it out. Mechanically it looks pretty good, but those speeds are going to get pretty darn ridiculous pretty fast.

Idea: Light Dash

Daily - Move Action

You may Move an infinite amount of squares in any direction, even up, but each square costs 3d10 gp (may seem high, but trivial at higher levels). If you end this movement in mid-air, you fall as normal and take falling damage.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    I think Amy's been playable more than Shadow, actually. Or they're very close. But I don't think Shadow's playable in Sonic Advance series, which sets him behind a few.
    Ah. Right. I've just played more Shadow-playable games than Amy-playable...

My Piko Piko Hammer has been edited into my previous post and the OP...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    Makes sense. I was just pointing it out. Mechanically it looks pretty good, but those speeds are going to get pretty darn ridiculous pretty fast.
    But not ridiculously fast enough compared to Sonic... I mean, we're not even breaking 930 squares/round yet... (~Mach 1 at sea level) (It's capped out at ~21 per round...)
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-09-25 at 04:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Chaos emerald daily is massively overpowered. You can recover an item daily after a milestone, so that means 2 standard action/round for ever other fight. Heck, that daily beats out Wizard Daily Utility 22, Time Stop, which gives 2 standard actions ONCE, which cannot be used to attack any other creature.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Chaos emerald daily is massively overpowered. You can recover an item daily after a milestone, so that means 2 standard action/round for ever other fight. Heck, that daily beats out Wizard Daily Utility 22, Time Stop, which gives 2 standard actions ONCE, which cannot be used to attack any other creature.
    Yes, but you can only use each item power once per day, and the Chaos Emeralds are not normal Wondrous Items. I meant for them to be somewhat horribly broken, just to reinforce how powerful the Chaos Emeralds are supposed to be. It would be reasonable to put a cap on the number of rounds it works, but that's not a common mechanic in 4E. I might change it to "2 standard actions per round until the end of your next turn," though...
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-09-25 at 04:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Yes, but you can only use each item power once per day, and the Chaos Emeralds are not normal Wondrous Items. I meant for them to be somewhat horribly broken, just to reinforce how powerful the Chaos Emeralds are supposed to be.
    Make them higher level and suggest giving them to lower levels as omfg awesome stuff?

No specific comment on balance there, as I don't know much about 4E. Just an idea.

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    Make them higher level and suggest giving them to lower levels as omfg awesome stuff?
    True... but since the Hedgie Epic Destiny requires the 7...
    hm...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

If I may, I'd like to assist. You bothered to post in my thread, so I owe ye at least a post or so.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

How would he handle Knuckles and Tails? (I'm assuming that Tails is unique due to being able to fly). I don't really have time to stat things up, and I don't play 4th Edition D&D, but would Foxes (assuming they get flying) being able to fly for 2 rounds+Con be too unbalanced if they had to wait for up to 2 turns between uses?
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, very well thought out. Yes, slow for a typical Sonic game, but very good. And I agree, the chaos emeralds are not simple itens, they are major artifacts. Super Sayan Hedgehog should (and IS) a very, very rare thing.

Member of the Hinjo fan club. Go Hinjo!
    "In Soviet Russia, the Darkness attacks you."
    "Rogues not only have a lot more skill points, but sneak attack is so good it hurts..."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I was working on an Echidna race for 4E, actually, since I made my post.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

For your Epic Destiny, mayhap having the emeralds is just too much? Maybe have some prerequisite like "Have been in contact" With however so many you should choose...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Here's what I've made of Echidna so far. I hope you don't mind that I just went and made something before you even told me.

Only stated out so far, but this is what I've got so far.

Echidnas

Racial Traits

Average Weight: 60-80 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 to any one
    Speed: 6 squares

Natural Climbers: Echidnas gain a +5 to any athletics check involving climbing.
    Born Fighters: Echidnas treat their fists and feet as weapons that they are proficient with, with a proficiency bonus equal to their strength or dexterity modifier. Once this is chosen, it cannot be changed. These unarmed attacks also count as weapons for the sake of powers.

Their unarmed attacks also deal extra damage by this table.
    1d6 (Heroic)
    1d8 (Paragon)
    1d10 (Epic)

Slow Descent: Echidnas can glide with a descent speed of thirty feet per round provided they have time to react to the fall and assume the proper form. They move up to half their speed and can only make 45 degree changes in direction with each move action. As such, echidnas rarely fall to their deaths.

Heroic
    Unarmed Fighter
    Prerequisite:
    Echidna, Wis or Cha 13
    Benefit: When fighting with your fists and feet alone, unfettered by armor (even cloth) and shields, you may add your will defense stat (Cha or Wis mod) as well as your reflex defense stat (Dex or Int Mod) to AC.

Finesse Combat
    Prerequisite:
    Echidna, Dex 13
    Benefit: You can treat your fists and powers (only when using your fists with powers that have the weapon descriptor) as attacks that use dex as the attack stat.

Suspicion
    Prerequisite: Echidna
    Benefit: Echidnas are prepared for the worst. Echidnas granting combat advantage do not give a bonus to hit and sneak attacks made against them deal one less damage per die rolled (of sneak attack damage).

Reversal
    Prerequisite: Echidna, Con 14
    Benefit: You gain the use of the Reversal Power.

Reversal
    Someone tries to move you, but you say that's no good!
    Encounter
    Immediate Interrupt

Target: Enemy who uses a bull rush, slide, push, or anything of the sort on you.
    Effect: You push the creature in the opposite direction it was attempting to push you.

The Echidnas are a proud race of humanoids with varying talents. Naturally capable of self defense due to societal training and instinct, a few even have physical traits that embody this. Spiked fists are a trait held by a few, though many are known to have powerful arms and legs even without that trait. Echidnas are known to be traditional creatures who will resort to anything to protect and uphold what they see as sacred. There are the occasional few that break this mold, realizing how easy a trait it is to exploit, but they are uncommon.

They often have fur in various shades of red, including orange and pink, though other colors are assumed to be possible.

Echidnas tend to a variety of classes, but often embrace the warrior like traditions of their people regardless of their career choice. They are known to practice ancestor worship principally.
    Last edited by GreenEarthPFC; 2008-10-24 at 08:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

To the Echidna Post:

Two things

1) Proficiency bonus is either 2 or 3, not equal to a stat that will increase over time. Unarmed may have a proficiency already...

2) The Unarmed Fighter feat makes no sense as written. Even with loose interpretation, that becomes a rather large number. Ref13, AC13, Will10 becomes AC23. And that's a minimum will being better than plate!

To the Hedgehog Post:

Nice! Interesting indeed

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Unarmed does not have a proficiency. It's improvised. Besides, I didn't make fists enchantable. That makes up for the increasing proficiency bonus.

Will defense stat would be Cha or Wis mod.
    Reflex Defense stat would be Dex or Int mod.
    Last edited by GreenEarthPFC; 2008-10-24 at 09:23 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    How would he handle Knuckles and Tails? (I'm assuming that Tails is unique due to being able to fly). I don't really have time to stat things up, and I don't play 4th Edition D&D, but would Foxes (assuming they get flying) being able to fly for 2 rounds+Con be too unbalanced if they had to wait for up to 2 turns between uses?
    I could see it as an encounter power.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I was reluctant to give it the Encounter Power's 5 round recharge time duie to thinking that it was more of a utility ability then a combat skill (I was basing the quicker recharge time on the Sonic games where Tails only needs to land to recover*).

*I decided that not having a recharge time would make it overpowered.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that instead of +2 to any, why not +2 or 3 to strength? Otherwise, very good.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

We only see one (modern) Echidna outside of the comics.

Knuckles is strong, but we know his race is war like by nature (SA1) or, at the very least, in a society where many skills are required to survive (strength isn't always the best solution, though the problem should be attacked in a straight forward way). Tikal is a rare exception.

Spoiler
    Show
    Many if you count those who served Ix, and Shade.
    Last edited by GreenEarthPFC; 2008-10-24 at 10:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEarthPFC View Post
    Echidnas

Ability Scores: +2 to any one
    I see them as a +2 Str/Dex race myself.
    Medium works better.

Born Fighters: Echidnas treat their fists and feet as weapons that they are proficient with, with a proficiency bonus equal to their strength or dexterity modifier. Once this is chosen, it cannot be changed. These unarmed attacks also count as weapons for the sake of powers.
    That is magnificently broken. +2 is the average, +3 is better than average. Choose one.

Their unarmed attacks also deal extra damage by this table.
    1d6 (Heroic)
    1d8 (Paragon)
    1d10 (Epic)
    lolwut. The WotC's quick and dirty ghetto Monk conversion doesn't even do this.

Unarmed Fighter
    Prerequisite:[/B] Echidna, Wis or Cha 13
    Benefit: When fighting with your fists and feet alone, unfettered by armor (even cloth) and shields, you may add your will defense stat (Cha or Wis mod) as well as your reflex defense stat (Dex or Int Mod) to AC.
    This is disturbingly broken. DISTURBINGLY.

Finesse Combat
    Prerequisite:
    Echidna, Dex 13
    Benefit: You can treat your fists and powers (only when using your fists with powers that have the weapon descriptor) as attacks that use dex as the attack stat.
    ....I don't get this at all.

Suspicion
    Prerequisite: Echidna
    Benefit: Echidnas are prepared for the worst. Echidnas granting combat advantage do not give a bonus to hit and sneak attacks made against them deal one less damage per die rolled (of sneak attack damage).
    lolwut. The sneak attack part is kinda unnessecary, since I think you meant any extra die of damage greanted by Cmbat Advantage. But still, broken. Actually, not that broken, but still pretty OP.

And that's my two cents.
    Last edited by KKL; 2008-10-24 at 10:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'd peg them as Small with a modified version of the Oversized feature... they can use two-handed and versatile weapons as if they were Medium, but are still small. (Each of the Sonic characters average about one meter in height)

I'd also give them +2 to Str and Wis (Wis because I kinda see the Echidnas as the "Not-Shorter-Than-His-Companions-Dwarf" race... and it helps justify Knux's uncanny Emerald-sense).

Finesse combat doesn't make sense to me for Knux-type Echidnas (He's all about his strength...), and Shade doesn't seem to use finesse-based attacks either...

I've also thought of a new feat...

Epic Feat:

Lightning Step
    Prerequisite: Hedgehog, 21 DEX, Sonic Speed
    Benefit: You may move up to half your speed as a minor action.
    Normal: You cannot use minor actions to move.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I wouldn't make unarmed combat part of the echidna race at all. Knuckles is the only one I see fight unarmed. In Adventure, didn't the other echidnas have spears? And Tikal didn't fight at all.

These are interesting and the hedgehog is very well-done, but I really can't see myself running them in a campaign. Unless of course it is one set in one of the Sonic universes, but that would require a lot more work.
    Characters:
    None right now!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

After reading what was said, I made some changes.

Echidnas

Racial Traits

Average Weight: 60-80 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom
    Speed: 6 squares, Climb 3 Squares

Slow Descent: Echidnas can glide with a descent speed of 6 squares per round provided they have time to react to the fall and assume the proper form. They move up to half their speed forward and can change direction only once per round (but can turn straight around easily).

Born Fighters: To the last breath, Echidnas stand tall against their foes. They have the following racial power:

Last Stand
    Pushed to the limit, you call upon an energy that few others consider possible.
    Daily Power
    Minor Action

Target: You
    Requirement: You must be down to your surge value in HP or lower.
    Effect: You can spend a healing surge.

Heroic Tier

Energy Sense
    Prerequisite:
    Echidna or Wis 15
    Benefit: You have a knack for detecting energies from mystical sources. The Master Emeralds and Chaos Emeralds, for example, are powerful items that affect your sixth sense. Typically, if you have line of effect to an Emerald or item you can pinpoint it and you have a general awareness of the locations of power sources within 200 feet. More powerful sources (Chaos and Master Emeralds, as well as higher level magic items) may extend this range.

(needs work, of course. Range stuff is iffy. This, however, can become quite powerful. Might be unbalanced when you consider how powerful these items can be.)

Shake it Off
    Prerequisite:
    Echidna, Con 13
    Benefit: When you use Last Stand, you can make a saving throw.

True Willpower
    Prerequisite:
    Echidna
    Benefit: You gain the following power.

True Willpower
    You steel yourself against attacks on the mind. Nothing will move you from your cause.
    Encounter Power
    Reaction

Target: One target creature
    Requirement: Target hits you with a power that attacks your will defense or succeeds on a bluff check against you.
    Effect: You force a reroll of the attack or bluff check. They take the reroll's result.

The Echidnas are a proud race of humanoids with varying talents. Naturally capable of self defense due to societal training and instinct, a few even have physical traits that embody this. Spiked fists are a trait held by a few, though many are known to have powerful arms and legs. Echidnas are known to be traditional creatures who will resort to anything to protect and uphold what they see as sacred. There are the occasional few that break this mold, realizing how easy a trait it is to exploit, but they are uncommon.

They often have fur in various shades of red, including orange and pink, though other colors are assumed to be possible.

Echidnas are adept as fighters, paladins, and clerics. They are known to practice ancestor worship principally, though any belief is truly possible as long as they accept it in their hearts.

I also made a paragon for 'Hedgeys'.

Paragon

Windrunner
    “When you need me, I'll be there.”
    Prerequisite: Hedgey

Some superstitious folks claim hedgehogs are descended from Spirits of the Wind. Whether one believes it or not, they can't deny the speed of the creatures and they certainly can't deny the speed of those who have trained their talents to legendary standards. Whether they stand for truth, justice, a martyr, or their own selfish desires, Windrunners are capable of amazing feats of speed and attacks.

Level 11: Speed Action
    When you spend an action point to gain an extra action, you gain +2 to your speed, AC, and Reflex Defense until the end of your next turn.

Level 11: Take the Fall
    When an ally within move range of you is about to take damage that will drop them, you may immediately move to block the attack and take the hit.

Level 16: Swift Spines

Any enemy near you at the end of your turn takes half your dexterity mod in damage.

Not So Fast Hero of the Winds Attack 11
    A moving foe finds himself cut off as you use your top speed to catch up with him and remind him that you're still here.
    Encounter
    Standard
    Target:
    One creature within range of a double run
    Special: Before the attack, you move towards the creature. If it is close enough, you may move through it and its threatened space without provoking and end up on its other side.
    Hit: 1[W] + dex damage

Can't catch me! Hero of the Winds Utility 12
    In a rough spot, you make a parting attack before attempting to reposition.
    Daily
    Minor, Stance
    Attack:Target:
    Self
    Effect: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from enemies with a lower Dexterity score than you.

You're Too Slow!
    Daily * Stance
    Minor Action Personal
    Effect: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from enemies with a lower Dexterity score than you.

Full Power Hero of the Winds Attack 20
    On the receiving end of many attacks, you find the power to unleash your most powerful series of attacks yet. Several may be able to weather the storm you unleash, but one alone will surely fall under the barrage.
    Daily
    Standard
    Special:
    If you are bloodied, you gain a +2 bonus to hit with these attacks.
    Range: Close Burst 5
    Target: Foes in burst (or one foe, see below)
    Hit: 2[W] + dex damage

Special: If you use this on one foe in the burst alone, you roll three attacks against it.
    Last edited by GreenEarthPFC; 2008-10-25 at 01:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

@^

The second Power is not a Utility. Therefore, you'll have to change it. Maybe a +2 speed stance?

How about this?

You're Too Slow!
    Daily * Stance
    Minor Action Personal
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Shouldn't the spikes be a little less powerful? Maybe +3 and 1d4 damage?
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.