New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Humans Are Drunk Carpenters [3.5, totally not a new race]

Because when humans get drunk, their screwdrivers come out and they try to fix some wood.

This was born from the idea that if you get a human drunk enough, they'll mate with anything in DnD. Note that this isn't meant as a replacement for the standard human race! It's anything but.

Hyu Zat
    —Medium Humanoid (human)
    —Base speed of 30 ft
    Acclimated: hyu zat are easily acclimated to their environmental surroundings. They have a +2 bonus to Fort saves and Con checks resulting from environmental effects.
    Breeder: a hyu zat is generally a rough personality to encounter, but they soften up quickly enough under the right circumstances, mostly due to alcohol and an ever-present sense of lust. There is always a 25% chance that any offspring of a hyu zat is a full-blooded hyu zat due to the manifestation of some effective recessive genes. If a hyu zat copulates with a race a human could not normally breed with, there is still a 25% chance of pregnancy thanks to this gene.
    Popular Drunk: when a hyu zat gets drunk, he becomes a rouser of the people and attracts them to party along (be it in a tavern or an adventure), but only if his breeding senses get tingling. A hyu zat has a +1 bonus on Charisma-based skill checks when dealing with changelings, doppelgangers, dragons, dwarves, elans, elementals, elves, fey, giants, gnomes, goblins, halflings, humans, kalashtar, mongrelfolk, orcs, outsiders, shifters and vampires per pint of alcohol consumed. The effects last for one hour per pint consumed.
    Power Drunk (Ex): hyu zat become easily inebriated and love to do so. For each pint of alcoholic beverage they consume they gain a -2 penalty to Intelligence and Wisdom and a +1 bonus to Strength and Constitution. The effects last for ten minutes per pint consumed. If the hyu zat acquires an Intelligence or Wisdom penalty to make either score effectively 0, he falls into a coma until he has slept for 24 hours. The bonuses and penalties last for 1 hour.
    Pub Brawler: hyu zat are automatically proficient with the club and quarterstaff and any improvised weapons that function like them. They can enhance these weapons with a special pool of “brawl points”. A hyu zat starts with 2 brawl points. One brawl point can be used to increase the critical range of a club or quarterstaff or similar improvised weapon by 1 (to a maximum of 18-20), increase the critical multiplier by 1 (to a maximum of 4) or gain +1 to attack or damage. A hyu zat can reallocate these brawl points as a swift action.
    Automatic Languages: Common
    Bonus Languages: Any
    Favoured Class: Any of barbarian, bard or battle dancer.
    LA: +0
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2011-08-18 at 02:33 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Humans Are Drunk Carpenters [3.5, totally not a new race]

Oh gods, what have I done?! hehehe

I'm actually highly amused by this, mind if I use it for my own comedic purposes?
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
    Oh gods, what have I done?! hehehe

I'm actually highly amused by this, mind if I use it for my own comedic purposes?
    I've said it myself tons of times before, but when you said it it just struck something somehow.

And sure! Homebrew is meant to be used after all! (At least mine is.)

4. - Top - End - #4

The name is genius btw, fits perfectly with a bunch of drunken masters who are integral to my budding epic campaign too. They were amusing before, now they're spot on.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    World Warper

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I love this and want to find a way to use it now, maybe for a Kamina build using badass subsitution levels and spiral warrior.

And I'm just going to this on the behalf of the community.

Battledancer is a dragon compendium 1 base class that is similer to a monk, it fights unarmed and gets cha to AC. Think a Monk devoted to freedom.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

This is pretty great, I'm thinking this would be a good fit for that drunken monk varient.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mechanically: The ability to get +8 to strength and constitution alone should grant him a higher LA then one.
    Fluff wise: Great. It inspired me - I thought about an NPC, that gets drunk all the time, and one day finds out he have many children from all sorts of creatures.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    Battledancer is a dragon compendium 1 base class that is similer to a monk, it fights unarmed and gets cha to AC. Think a Monk devoted to freedom.
    Good thing then that I didn't give the race a Cha panelty as I had at first considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Towa View Post
    This is pretty great, I'm thinking this would be a good fit for that drunken monk varient.
    You mean the Drunken Master PrC, or is there an actual variant?

Quote Originally Posted by akma View Post
    Mechanically: The ability to get +8 to strength and constitution alone should grant him a higher LA then one.
    Fluff wise: Great. It inspired me - I thought about an NPC, that gets drunk all the time, and one day finds out he have many children from all sorts of creatures.
    Had been thinking about that earlier this day. I've lowered it to -4/+4, though you could still drink more than that to gain greater bonuses to Cha-based skills. Might create some feats to increase it though.

9. - Top - End - #9

Still loving it, so much so in fact that there is currently a drunken master NPC made for my epic using this race. I'll let you know how it goes. For purely mechanical purposes the -4/+4 limit certainly makes sense, but once you add in the abilities from drunken master it tops out at ridonculous anyhow!

World Warper

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hm... rather than the +2 to Str and Con, try just making it one or the other to prevent shenanigans. Possibly add a clause that if you are a drunken monk (with the prestige class), you add to both rather than one or the other, without additional penalties.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    Hm... rather than the +2 to Str and Con, try just making it one or the other to prevent shenanigans. Possibly add a clause that if you are a drunken monk (with the prestige class), you add to both rather than one or the other, without additional penalties.
    I allow drunken masters to do that anyway. And frankly, if I made that change, this race would become a little on the weak side.

For those interested, I'm currently on a project for all humans as a race to be remade here.