New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default I am the bone of my sword... (3.5) (PrC) (ToB) (Psionic)

Master of Gradation Air

*Epic pic goes here*

"Steel is my body, and fire my blood..."

-Unknown Master of Gradation Air

A warrior who focuses on a strange form of the call weaponry power that is more of a creation of weaponry, the Master of Gradation Air is never unarmed, and has found ways to increase the capacity of that power and improve his skills in combat with it. Truly, these are the worst opponents that warriors who specialize in disarming their foes can fight- after all, why would you bother retrieving a lost blade if you can just make a new one?

Adaptation: Some Masters of Gradation Air might be more focused on defensive techniques- for these characters, changing the focus of the class from weapons to armor would be in order.

Prerequisites:Skills: Craft (Weaponsmithing) 8 ranks, Appraise 4 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana) 4 ranks
    Maneuvers: Three maneuvers, including at least one Iron Heart or Solar Wind maneuver of second level or higher.
    Powers: Must be able to manifest call weaponry.
    Special: Psionic subtype, proficiency with all martial melee weapons

Hit Die: d8
    Skills
    The Master of Gradation Air's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana) (Psionics) (Int), Martial Lore (Int), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skill Points: 4+Int

Level BAB Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Manifesting Maneuvers Known Maneuvers Readied Stances Known
    1 +0 +0 +2 +2 Detect Psionics, Form Tool - 1 0 0
    2 +1 +0 +3 +3 Form Weapon +1 level of existing class 0 1 0
    3 +2 +1 +3 +3 Instant Eyeover, Librarian of Blades, Weapon Group Affinity +1 level of existing class 0 0 0
    4 +3 +1 +4 +4 Form Legendary Weapon, Form Material +1 level of existing class 1 0 0
    5 +3 +1 +4 +4 Swift Creation, Lasting Blades - 0 0 1
    6 +4 +2 +5 +5 Reinforcement +1 level of existing class 0 1 0
    7 +5 +2 +5 +5 Improved Eyeover +1 level of existing class 1 0 0
    8 +6 +2 +6 +6 Improved Swift Creation +1 level of existing class 0 0 0
    9 +6 +3 +6 +6 +1 level of existing class 0 0 0
    10 +7 +3 +7 +7 Perfect Replication - 1 1 1

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Master of Gradation Air gains no weapon or armor proficiencies.

Manifesting: At every level except for 1st, 5th, and 10th, a Master of Gradation Air gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if he had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Maneuvers: At first level and every three levels afterwards, a Master of Gradation Air learns a new maneuver from the Iron Heart or Solar Wind discipline. He must meet the prerequisites for these maneuvers as normal. He gains an additional maneuver readied at second level and every four levels thereafter.

Stances: A Master of Gradation Air learns an additional stance from the Iron Heart or Solar Wind discipline at 5th and 10th level.

Detect Psionics (Psi): A Master of Gradation Air is sensitive to magical and psionic auras. He may use Detect Psionics as a Psi-Like Ability at will.

Form Tool (Su): A Master of Gradation Air is able to create normal tools. This ability has no cost, but the DM should decide what is a reasonable limit for its use. The Master of Gradation Air may, as a full round action, create any basic tool, such as a shovel, crowbar, ect. This weapon is of the minimum quality needed to function, and is unfit for use as a weapon. Food CANNOT be created with this ability.

Form Weapon (Su): At 2nd level, a Master of Gradation Air is able to recreate any weapon he has seen and has had a chance to examine in detail, at least in part. By spending 1 power point, he may create any normal weapon as a standard action. This weapon is treated as masterwork, and lasts for a number of minutes equal to his class level. Due to it being a mere shadow of a normal weapon, any weapon created by this ability has its hit points and hardness halved. If ammunition is created with this, it is created in batches of 25.

Instant Eyeover (Ex): The key skill of the Master of Gradation Air is his ability to analyze and replicate weaponry. At 3rd level, a Master of Gradation Air may make appraise checks for weapons as a move action with no penalty, as well as determine the basic magical properties (enhancement bonus and enhancements, but not special properties, such as the ability of a Sun Blade to be treated as a shortsword by its wieldier) of items they are appraising as part of the same check, should they be using their Detect Psionics PLA. Otherwise, this functions as the Appraise Magic Value feat (PHB 2), except that it does not consume any materials, and it is included in the standard action of the Appraise check.

Librarian of Blades (Ex): At 3rd level, in addition to perfecting his ability to analyze weapons quickly, a Master of Gradation Air has researched sufficient magical weapons to become a walking library of weapons. He gains a bonus equal to his class level on Knowledge checks related to weapons of any type. Furthermore, he may make a special Knowledge (Arcana) check to research a specific weapon, treating it as though it were analyzed for the purposes of his class abilities. This check has a DC of 15+ twice the Caster level of the weapon being researched.

Weapon Group Affinity (Su): As he practices, a Master of Gradation Air develops an affinity towards a certain group of weapons. At third level, he chooses a Weapon Group. He gains a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls with weapons in that group, and when he uses Form Weapon or any of its advanced abilities, he pays 1 less pp to create a weapon of that group.

Form Legendary Weapon (Su): At 4th level, a Master of Gradation Air has finally figured out how to recreate a weapon's magical properties. When using the Form Weapon ability, he may spend additional power points to create a magical weapon. This costs an extra 2 power points for each point of effective enhancement bonus, and he may only create magical weapons that he has seen and analyzed using the Appraise skill. If the weapon would be a fairly generic (one property of +2 or less, any amount of enhancement bonus up to the maximum available or +5, whichever is lower), he does not need to have used the Appraise skill to analyze the specific weapon, but must have seen an example of the property at work. Use of this ability does not recreate weapon abilities of which the price is stated in gold pieces and not effective enhancement bonus. Any weapon with a limited number of uses is treated as though it were the same weapon each time it is created. All weapons are treated as though they were made at minimum required caster or manifester level for the abilities.

Form Material (Su): At 4th level, a Master of Gradation Air has calculated the proper psionic formulae for recreation of special materials. Whenever he uses Form Weapon, he may pay additional pp to change the material the weapon is made from, as seen on the below table.

{table=head]Material|PP cost
    Alchemical Silver|3
    Adamantine|5
    Cold Iron|7[/table]

Swift Creation (Su): At 5th level, a Master of Gradation Air has managed to reduce the time it takes to create his weapons. He may use Form Weapon as a Move Action.

Lasting Blades (Ex): When a Master of Gradation has the time and skill, he can create weapons that are works of art in their own right. At 5th level, he gains the Craft Psionic Arms and Armor feat as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites, and may treat his Initiator Level as his Manifester Level for the purposes of crafting Psionic weapons. He must meet all other requirements to craft a given weapon, such as other feats or the ability to manifest certain powers.

Reinforcement (Su): By expending some of his energy, a Master of Gradation Air can increase the durability of objects, and even himself. At 6th level, as a standard action, he may spend 5 PP to increase the hardness of an object by 2 points for a number of rounds equal to his class level. Alternatively, he may give himself DR 2/- for the same number of rounds. For every additional 4 PP he spends, the hardness or DR increases by 1.

Improved Eyeover (Ex): At 7th level, a Master of Gradation has perfected his ability to analyze magical weapons. When he uses Instant Eyeover, he also can learn the special properties, hardness, and current hit points of the weapon he is studying.

Improved Swift Creation (Su): At 8th level, a Master of Gradation Air has nearly reached the pinnacle of his art, and is able to create weapons with a though. By spending an additional 5 PP and expending his Psionic Focus, he may use Form Weapon as a swift action. Furthermore, he may use Form Weapon to create a number of weapons equal to his charisma modifier, paying the normal costs for each one.

Perfect Replication (Su): At 10th level, a Master of Gradation Air is second only to the greatest of artificers in terms of quality, and beats them by a fair margin in speed. As a Standard Action, he may recreate any magical or psionic weapon he has analyzed or researched by paying a number of PP based on its price in gold pieces (less special materials, masterwork components, and the base cost of the weapon), as well as an amount of exp, also based on the weapon's price. Weapons created with this ability last for a number of rounds equal to the Master of Gradation Air's class level.

After creating a weapon in this way, a Master of Gradation Air may resummon that weapon as a swift action, paying only the pp cost of calling it, due to the weapon returning to a partially formed state upon dismissal. A Master of Gradation Air is limited to a number of weapons equal to his Charisma modifier partially formed in this manner. If he attempts to create any more weapons than that, those weapons do not gain the benefits of this ability. When he refreshes his power points each day, all weapons partially formed in this manner are dismissed, allowing different weapons to gain these benefits.

For simplification, objects are classified by their price range, with all items in that range having the same cost. For the purposes of Weapon Affinity, this ability is an advanced version of Form Weapon. Any weapon with an ability that has a limited number of uses is treated as though it were the same object each time it is created.

Price range PP Cost XP cost
    2000 gp-7999gp 3 pp 40 XP
    8000 gp- 17999 gp 5 pp 90 XP
    18000 gp-31999 gp 7 pp 160 XP
    32000 gp-49999 gp 9 pp 250 XP
    50000 gp-71999 gp 11 pp 360 XP
    72000 gp-97999 gp 13 pp 490 XP
    98000 gp-127999 gp 15 pp 640 XP
    128000 gp-161999 gp 17 pp 810 XP
    162000 gp-200000 gp 19 pp 1000 XP

So. Got bored, thought "Hey, a guy who makes weapons in combat sounds COOL! I should make a Prestige Class!", then realized exactly what it was going to wind up looking like.

If you get the joke with the thread title/class name, good. If not... Eh. Ask, and I'll explain.

Anyway, comment, criticize, and shower me with praise!
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2014-03-31 at 01:39 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: I am the bone of my sword... (3.5) (PrC) (ToB) (Psionic)

So... which one were you referencing? Shirou's or Archer's?

I personally prefer Shirou's incantation, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    So... which one were you referencing? Shirou's or Archer's?

I personally prefer Shirou's incantation, but that's just me.
    The answer? Yes.

But seriously, which one it is... Doesn't matter. Personally, I prefer the chant of a fanfic version of Shirou to either of 'em.

"I am the Dream of an Age..."

Comments on the mechanics, though?
    Extended Signature.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

adaption for quincy?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Winter King View Post
    adaption for quincy?
    Nope. Not any form of Quincy.

I do, in fact, homebrew stuff not for Bleach D20.

Like this.

So, seriously, folks, any comments on the mechanics of this?
    Extended Signature.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Haven't read over the discipline used so take things with a grain of salt.

Until 8th level they'll mostly be a warblade with a better weapon and worse maneuvers.

At level 8 they can finally make weapons in combat without wasting their attack(s), although as Sublime characters they run the risk of being pressed for swift actions.

I find it sad that their final ability cannot make +10 equivalent weapons. Although it can make a luckblade which grants you 3 wishes for 810 XP at level 15.

Also how would making say an adamantine weapon work? The Lv 2 ability says a normal weapon that is treated as Masterwork; Form Legendary Weapon says nothing about materials.

What about special qualities without an enhancement equivalent, does he have to wait till 10th level to make them even if he's analyzed them? That's what the current write-up seems to imply as the only other reading has all those special qualities be free.

Also does Solar Wind allow sword beam spamming? If it doesn't this class needs it.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

It does what it does well, and it doesn't seem to have any real probl-

That capstone is... interesting. Uncapped?

Because that capstone can get him a Wish for 11 pp and 360 points of XP. Or 3 for 17 pp and 810 XP.

Sure,t hat requires that he has seen and analyzed a Luckblade with at least one Wish on it (and he could buy one; they are only around 63000 GP for one with a single Wish.)

I would suggest having it so that if he creates a weapon with a limited number of uses of X ability, any time he creates that weapon it counts as the same weapon for the purpose of abilities used.

After all, practically free Wishes at 15th level is a tad overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Haven't read over the discipline used so take things with a grain of salt.

Until 8th level they'll mostly be a warblade with a better weapon and worse maneuvers.
    At level 8 they can finally make weapons in combat without wasting their attack(s), although as Sublime characters they run the risk of being pressed for swift actions.

Hm... Point. Swift Creation moved to 5th, and makes all use of the Form Weapon ability a Move action instead of Standard. Imp. Swift Creation is the same as it was.

I find it sad that their final ability cannot make +10 equivalent weapons. Although it can make a luckblade which grants you 3 wishes for 810 XP at level 15.
    Fixed, LIKE A KING.

Also how would making say an adamantine weapon work? The Lv 2 ability says a normal weapon that is treated as Masterwork; Form Legendary Weapon says nothing about materials.
    Added as an additional ability. Cold Iron is more because... Well, it's kinda unfair to be able to make enhanced Cold Iron weapons for, effectively, free.

What about special qualities without an enhancement equivalent, does he have to wait till 10th level to make them even if he's analyzed them? That's what the current write-up seems to imply as the only other reading has all those special qualities be free.
    Adjusted for clarity.

Also does Solar Wind allow sword beam spamming? If it doesn't this class needs it.
    Sadly, the closest to that is the 8th level maneuver Solar Wind Tsunami. Which is more of throwing one and creating a cone of fakes.

I can homebrew a bow for that, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    It does what it does well, and it doesn't seem to have any real probl-

That capstone is... interesting. Uncapped?
    *Snip*
    As mentioned, fixed.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2011-12-21 at 10:21 PM.
    Extended Signature.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Any further balance issues or suggestions?
    Extended Signature.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I have one. I'd recommend switching out the Psionic Subtype requirement for having a pool of Power Points. That way you can have humans take this class and not just dromites and elans and whatevers.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    Yeah, I have one. I'd recommend switching out the Psionic Subtype requirement for having a pool of Power Points. That way you can have humans take this class and not just dromites and elans and whatevers.
    Any creature with 1 or more power points gains the psionic subtype. As written this allows any character with Wild Talent, any psionic class, or phrenic creatures to take this class.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    The Psionic Subtype

Any creature with psionic powers has the psionic subtype. A psionic creature can be born with the subtype or can gain the subtype during its life.

A creature meeting any one of the following criteria has the psionic subtype:
    Creatures with a power point reserve, including characters who have levels in a character class that grants them a power point reserve or creatures who have the Wild Talent feat.
    •Creatures with psi-like abilities, including characters who have racial psi-like abilities.
    •Creatures that have spell-like abilities described as “psionics.”
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-12-23 at 01:47 AM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    Any creature with 1 or more power points gains the psionic subtype. As written this allows any character with Wild Talent, any psionic class, or phrenic creatures to take this class.
    Indeed. The intended entry is [LA+0 Race] Warblade or Crusader 5, with Wild Talent, but any other way of having the Psionic subtype (such as, say, Psion 1) would count too.
    Extended Signature.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. Carry on then. Ignore the silly comment above. Aside from that, I can't really see anything that needs tweaking.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

It seems kinda clunky to make the class require psionics but then not really do much of anything with it other than power in class abilities. The points could be uses per day or just a point pool and nothing would really change. The cleanest solution to me would be to remove the Psionic subtype, as this is very niche in what it does, since it's controlled by what the DM grants the characters ("I'm sorry, you want a what-blade?" ) to then be able to make. It's versatile, sure, but that doesn't necessarily translate into power. Outside of Luckblade spam, the capstone seems rather inefficient and again locked by what you can get access to.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the send up, it's...I don't know, it models the abilities but it doesn't wow me for the possibilities. If it was more Soulknife-esque in giving a pool of abilities to custom make stuff and let you make and match, I'd find this more appealing, but the current feels rather stiff in execution. Also seems like you'd get all spreadsheet as you leveled as you keep track of weapons you've analyzed, a large majority of which probably going obsolete with leveling.

Just my 2 coppers. Take as you will.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, adding +1 to manifester class about two times would fix part of that problem.
    And all considered I don't think it would make the class too overtly powerful.

16. - Top - End - #16

SwashbucklerGuy

No Unlimited Blade Works? :-)
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2011-12-25 at 05:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Could use a "Manifester Level" boost.

Not "additional level of manifesting class" but "Increase your manifester level"

18. - Top - End - #18

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    But seriously, which one it is... Doesn't matter. Personally, I prefer the chant of a fanfic version of Shirou to either of 'em.
    "I am the Dream of an Age..."
    What fanfic is that?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    It seems kinda clunky to make the class require psionics but then not really do much of anything with it other than power in class abilities. The points could be uses per day or just a point pool and nothing would really change. The cleanest solution to me would be to remove the Psionic subtype, as this is very niche in what it does, since it's controlled by what the DM grants the characters ("I'm sorry, you want a what-blade?" ) to then be able to make. It's versatile, sure, but that doesn't necessarily translate into power. Outside of Luckblade spam, the capstone seems rather inefficient and again locked by what you can get access to.
    Point taken. I was going for a quick and dirty solution when I made this, so... Power Points leapt to my mind. Yeah, the capstone is ineffcient, but, again, quick and dirty.

EDIT: Wait, isn't there a knowledge skill to know about magical items?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the send up, it's...I don't know, it models the abilities but it doesn't wow me for the possibilities. If it was more Soulknife-esque in giving a pool of abilities to custom make stuff and let you make and match, I'd find this more appealing, but the current feels rather stiff in execution. Also seems like you'd get all spreadsheet as you leveled as you keep track of weapons you've analyzed, a large majority of which probably going obsolete with leveling.

Just my 2 coppers. Take as you will.
    Hm... Might work on something like that as a second version.

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    Well, adding +1 to manifester class about two times would fix part of that problem.
    And all considered I don't think it would make the class too overtly powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Could use a "Manifester Level" boost.

Not "additional level of manifesting class" but "Increase your manifester level"
    So... Beyond it being equal to their Initiator level?

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    No Unlimited Blade Works? :-)
    Nope. No UBW. Maybe as a part of the Epic Progression I'm considering...

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    What fanfic is that?
    <_<

>_>

"I Put on My Wizard Robe and Hat", by Ol'Velsper
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2011-12-27 at 02:26 PM.
    Extended Signature.

20. - Top - End - #20

I hadn't actually noticed that clause. Still its seems sort of clunky to make the manifester level equal to your initiator level.
    This would probably penalize your manifester level if you didn't straight class through initiator classes. It seems rather restricting.
    I would add a boost to manifester level and/or would add in the clause "if higher than your manifester level would normally be."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Hm... Point. And, thinking about it, Warblade (one of the two intended entries) doesn't have full martial weapon prof. Needs to be changed too.
    Extended Signature.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Point taken. I was going for a quick and dirty solution when I made this, so... Power Points leapt to my mind. Yeah, the capstone is ineffcient, but, again, quick and dirty.

EDIT: Wait, isn't there a knowledge skill to know about magical items?

Hm... Might work on something like that as a second version.
    Magic Items would fall under Knowledge(Arcana) for the most part but your wording is "has seen and thoroughly examined," which I don't think knowing about such a weapon would fulfill. I mean, having design plans for a weapon might fulfill that condition but that again falls under DM fiat of what you can get access to. It's the difference between studying theory and actually manufacturing weaponry.

Speaking of, I don't think it would be to out of the power league to borrow Secrets of the Forge from Battlesmith/Ironsoul Forgemaster so that, when these guys actually have the time to make something, they can make it, rather than whine at their spellcaster companions to make stuff for them. Shirou was rather crafty in his spare time, he just didn't have time to really work on the finetuning part of things. Plus, I don't think it would fit the source material to have a crafting montage in the middle of the War.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Magic Items would fall under Knowledge(Arcana) for the most part but your wording is "has seen and thoroughly examined," which I don't think knowing about such a weapon would fulfill. I mean, having design plans for a weapon might fulfill that condition but that again falls under DM fiat of what you can get access to. It's the difference between studying theory and actually manufacturing weaponry.
    Yeah, but I was considering adding an option to learn from knowledge of weapons, with a DC set a bit higher than it is for seeing it/analyzing it in person. That should remove some of the DM fiat from this, and has a fair amount of justification, in one word: Zelretch.

Speaking of, I don't think it would be to out of the power league to borrow Secrets of the Forge from Battlesmith/Ironsoul Forgemaster so that, when these guys actually have the time to make something, they can make it, rather than whine at their spellcaster companions to make stuff for them. Shirou was rather crafty in his spare time, he just didn't have time to really work on the finetuning part of things. Plus, I don't think it would fit the source material to have a crafting montage in the middle of the War.
    Oooh! I think I'll do that! Set ML for that as equal to IL for those purposes, and give Craft Psionic Arms and Armor as a bonus feat at the same level...
    Extended Signature.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Added Librarian of Blades and Lasting Blades, tweaked entry requirements, added the restriction from Prefect Replication to Form Legendary Weapon, tweaked ML wording.

Comments on changes?
    Extended Signature.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Nice touch, but is Librarian of Blades gained at 2nd or 3rd level text says 2nd, table says 3rd.

Edit: Same with Instant Eyeover.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2012-01-23 at 01:15 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Extended Signature.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still not sure whether the intent is to analyze weapons and then create them or analyze their abilities and make our own, a.k.a. A Master analyzes a +1 shadowstriking heavy flail and a +2 frost longsword, does he then only able to make a +1 shadowstriking heavy flail and +2 frost longsword or could he make a +1 shadowstriking spiked chain or a +1 shadowstriking frost greataxe, etc?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still not sure whether the intent is to analyze weapons and then create them or analyze their abilities and make our own, a.k.a. A Master analyzes a +1 shadowstriking heavy flail and a +2 frost longsword, does he then only able to make a +1 shadowstriking heavy flail and +2 frost longsword or could he make a +1 shadowstriking spiked chain or a +1 shadowstriking frost greataxe, etc?
    Honestly? Little of column A, little of column B. For fairly generic weapons (like those you mentioned), they can mix and match the basic abilities to create the right tool for the job.

However, for bigger fish (read: Sunsword, Frost Brand, Holy Avenger, any other weapon with a unique ability), they have to recreate it entirely, due to how the inherent (magibabble) is bound to the already established formula of enhancements.
    Extended Signature.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Why the XP cost for perfect replication? If it lasted until you made a new one, or you paid the XP and then it only cost power points to summon I could understand, but giving up something permrnently for ten rounds of a weapon seems like a rip off.
    The Specialist PrC(WIP) An attempt to make really high skills more useful. I would love it if someone would PEACH.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Start the game in a tavern. Then have the tavern attacked by horrifically over-CRed monsters and kill them all.
    The real campaign begins when they wake up as spirits, and you pull out the Ghostwalk supplement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachasor View Post
    The sanity of DMs also varies wildly.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Star View Post
    Why the XP cost for perfect replication? If it lasted until you made a new one, or you paid the XP and then it only cost power points to summon I could understand, but giving up something permrnently for ten rounds of a weapon seems like a rip off.
    XP is a river, not a bucket. You'll likely gain as much of it in the combat as you spent for a sword, if not more. Then you need to figure in the fact that you can have any magic sword in your arsenal in hand, as a Standard action.

So if you were going up against a, say, horde of undead, you could burn the XP, grab a sunsword, and start whaling on 'em. But if you found yourself fighting a golem, you could have your adamantine golembane greatsword in hand, cutting through it starting the second turn of combat.

Though I see the point you make... Maybe make it resummonable as a swift with just the pp until the end of the day, or you change it out?

Also, because I am a terrible person, I am thinking of making an Epic progression for this PrC. Think I should, or not?
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-01-31 at 02:19 AM.
    Extended Signature.