New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Regulars as Quasi/Para/something Planes!

Quote Originally Posted by torrasque666 View Post
    Nah, mine's better. I actually enjoy using Soulborns. as a base for Arcanamach
    CW Samurai is the best class, hands down.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

I am rather partial to the healer class.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I am rather partial to the healer class.
    Healer actually isn't that bad. They at least have Corrupt and Sanctified spells.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Healer actually isn't that bad. They at least have Corrupt and Sanctified spells.
    Spoiler: Heresy is a large Crime
    Show
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-07-22 at 05:45 PM.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the Warlock class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

The Warlock is Okay. Maybe it's a little bit weak, but it's interesting and not mechanically broken. You're not a heretic for that. Maybe for other things.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the swashbuckler. Even though I know it's terrible and only use it for a 2-level dip at the beginning of my (usually psychic) rogues.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

I like how if you have an effective team, it allows you to multiply your combat potential. Once you get heal of course. You can handle several more armies as long as you don't have wizards. Another reason i *very strongly dislike* wizards. They like to tell you how long your work day is even though they are most likely the only ones done at the time.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

They like to tell you how long your work day is even though they are most likely the only ones done at the time.
    I keep hearing this, and realize it's not actually true, but then I remember most people don't play with nice wizards. Actually, I'm pretty offended, NeoPhoenix. You're on normal name basis.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-07-22 at 06:13 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

I keep hearing this, and realize it's not actually true, but then I remember most people don't play with nice wizards. Actually, I'm pretty offended, NeoPhoenix. You're on normal name basis.
    don't care, wizards are a horrible class that get all kinds of broken things and people love to use them even though they are horribly impractical.

edit: basically if i ever tell you to use wizard, i have been replaced with an opposite clone or am telling you to get a spellbook so you can use it to boost a sorcerer to tier 0.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-07-22 at 06:22 PM.

Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

*facedesk*

It's this kind of bias that I really can't tolerate. I have better things to be doing.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

*facedesk*

It's this kind of bias that I really can't tolerate. I have better things to be doing.
    In Neophoenix's defense they feel the same way about pretty much all prepared casters as being a prepared caster pushes you towards "scry one day, prep second day" style gameplay, which seriously slows things down. I feel the same way. Now this doesnt mean we ban Wizards or anything, its just that we dont recommend them. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

*facedesk*

Desks shouldn't have faces, silly snowbluff.

Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Desks shouldn't have faces, silly snowbluff.
    snow person puns
    If you're trying to break the ice, you're going to have to come up with a cooler joke.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

If you're trying to break the ice, you're going to have to come up with a cooler joke.
    I have no reason to break the ice as i have been myself the entire time. Cool, as relatively collected as i ever get, wizardist...

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

I have no reason to break the ice as i have been myself the entire time. Cool, as relatively collected as i ever get, wizardist...
    Wouldn't a wizardist be someone with an unreasonable bias against wizards? That's usually how a noun-ist works in English.

18. - Top - End - #198

I like the Monk Class.

Are we done? Don't make me post Xamnim.

19. - Top - End - #199

Artificer w/LA for the win. : )

20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I love how I'd probably die from standing in my own plane because it's strongly lawful-aligned.
    You're Welcome.

As for all this talk of monks, I'm sure the monk npc from a 'fight the invasion of undead' game I was in is probably epic level by now. He started out by being a random encounter in one on one combat with my soulknife, and gracefully accepted his loss when my soulknife interpreted 'mindblade' and 'thrown mindblade to face with psionic shot and psychic strike' as natural weapons for their duel. Then when we went to kind of asia, he swam there. And punched zombies whales along the way. And it was only after we got back to europeishland and were fighting undead for a while that Jaques Channe managed to catch back up to the party, by which point he was a high level monk who had swam around the known world and punched many a zombie whale and other sea faring undead.

And I don't think I've ever been in a game where we slowed down so a wizard could scry one day and prepare the next. Granted, most games I've been in have involved emergency situations that kept our characters busy and gave us exactly enough downtime to rest, most of the time, when we were running super low on resources.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Wouldn't a wizardist be someone with an unreasonable bias against wizards? That's usually how a noun-ist works in English.
    oh, so your saying i have a reasonable bias against wizards? Good to hear.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #202

RedWizardGuy

oh, so your saying i have a reasonable bias against wizards? Good to hear.
    Don't be silly, the only reasonable bias against wizards is not wanting to have to admit that they can build a castle better than you, without laborers, and for less money, and faster.

Wait, what are we talking about? I thought this was the thread about making planes for people? Well, time to roll up my sleeves and make another!

The Quasi-Elemental Plane of Wizardists

Commonly confused for the Quasi Elemental Plane for Wizard Supremecists, the Quasi Elemental Plane of Wizardists is where people who are prejudiced against wizards meet in pointy robes to plot the downfall, comeuppance, revenge, or what have you against wizards. Some of them are rather benign, wanting only to show up a wizard who has slighted them, while others are quite fanatical in their wiz-hate and will do everything in their power to convince others that wizards are to be beaten to death on sight and their bodies either burned to ash or roasted on an open fire that one might eat of their bodies to gain their demonic powers for oneself.

Inhabitants

The Quasi Elemental Plane of Wizardists is inhabited by people who don't like wizards but managed to find their way to the plane somehow anyway. Some of them focused on their hate so much that their respective prime material plane couldn't handle the negative vibes and dumped them into the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Wizardists rather than deal with it. Others managed to find their way through gates, portals, or planeshifting. Some of them are actually ghosts that wandered over through the ethreal plane on foot ('the long way'). All inhabitants of the plane of Wizardists that are Wizardists may freely reform portions of the lane into beating sticks. These sticks become more potent in the presence of wizards, gaining a point of enhancement bonus per effective caster level of the wizard. The wizard's most effective caster level is used for this calculation, so if they have a 30 caster level for fire spells, but only 5 levels of wizard, the 30 counts.

Qualities

Hate Based Gravity- The bigger a bigot is, the more gravity they have in this plane. This only counts if they are Wizardist and with regards to their Wizardism, however. So being a minor wizardist but a vehement racist does not give someone greater gravity than someone who is not a racist but moderately wizardist.

Time- It passes at the speed of hate on this plane. If someone needs a sanctuary within which to plot their revenge against a wizard, this plane will accomodate them by speeding or slowing time for that person as much as they need to for their wizardist aims. If, however, that person has a change of heart, or loses their wizardist hatred, the plane will cause them to advance to venerable age category, grow a long white beard, and have a pointy hat stuck on their head that they cannot remove. For more casual travelers passing through the plane or convening to discuss their wizard hate, the plane ensures that they leave at the time most convenient for them to have left the plane.

Hate-Malleablility- As mentioned, any wizardist on the plane can reach into it's makeup and draw forth a blunt instrument with which to beat a wizard, and the blunt instrument gains an enhancement bonus based on the caster level of wizards in it's proximity. The plane also accomodates Wizardists by providing them with comfy chairs, tasty snacks, fireplaces and inns as needed, and even places to sleep.

Magic- Wizards find their magic limited to spells which allow them to leave the plane. If they attempt to use magic that is not directly involved in them leaving the plane (or as direct as their ability allows) then the plane transforms the magic into a beating stick and slaps the wizard with it for lethal damage. Clerics and other spellcasters may only cast spells here as long as they are wizardists, and have their magic unimpeded while on this plane. Any wizard entering the plane has their magic items suppressed and ongoing magical effects supressed for the duration of their stay. The plane also makes all Wizards glow bright colors, and anyone on the plane knows that this means the person is a wizard.

23. - Top - End - #203

DwarfClericGuy

Permission Granted!
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    The Quasi-Elemental Plane of Wizardists
    This is hilarious.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #205

RedWizardGuy

This is hilarious.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Permission granted.
    The lack of production is the genesis of this thread's downfall. I better make a plane before it shifts my alignment. I hope you're ready to rock, Illyahr.

The Quasi-Elemental Plane of Flaming Riffs

The plane of flaming riffs is entirely dedicated to the three true virtues, the greatest of which is rock and roll. Located between the positive energy and fire elemental plane, "Flaming Riffs" is almost entirely dominated by the largest venue in the great wheel. Rockers and other musicians play their heart out 24/7 365 days a year. The plane is not only a venue for music, however, it also has a backstage area for a musician to spend time with his groupies and a large parking lot to party before the big gig.

Inhabitants

"Flaming Riffs" is inhabited by it's own form of petitioners known as "groupies". The groupies listen to music and sing their praises to the performers greatest hits. Not only do their praises grant the performer even greater morale when preforming, some of the other planes have literally heard their cheering across the planes. Mechanus has put in a formal noise complaint against Flaming Riffs, in fact.

It is said that once per year, Illyahr, the greatest bard to have ever walked the prime material, plays a gig for a week straight. This week is known to the groupies as "Ragnarock'n'roll". It is also said that all bards across the planes gain bonuses to their ability to shred while Illyahr is playing.

Planar Traits
    • Normal Gravity: With exceptions to some righteous hairdos. Or is that just a +1 can of reverse gravity hair spray?
    • Normal Time: Rock is meant to be enjoyed at its own pace.
    • Mildly Positive-Dominant: Don't harsh the mellow, man.
    • Not Aligned: You can't put an alignment restriction on rock.
    • Special Trait: While a performer is playing an instrument within Flaming Riffs, all groupies are considered both under the effects of Hero's Feast and a Bard's Fascinate class feature.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

The Endless Tavern (Socratov if you couldn't tell)

Somewhere within the astral exists the Endless Tavern, one half inn and one half demiplane. As a demiplane there is no exterior to the Font of Poetry, instead it exists as a massive series of twisting corridors, bed rooms, staircases, wine cellars, kitchens, and common rooms. The sounds of festivities can be heard throughout its halls, yet the majority of the patrons seem strangely bland and dull of eye. As you wander the Endless Tavern one can find myriad architectural styles and designs.

Inhabitants

The majority of inhabitants of the Endless Tavern are the Revelers, a race of outsider native to the Tavern which take the form of humanoid patrons. They have little purpose save merriment and experiencing the tavern. Other inhabitants are the Brewers, strange bee-like humanoids which live in the cellars of the tavern and produce its wines and ales. The third native species are the Tenders, shapeshifting outsiders who serve the role of barkeep and innkeeper for the Tavern's various main rooms and who use their magic to maintain the order of the place. The Revelers are controlled by the will of the Brewers and the Tenders, and it is said the inhabitants of the Tavern feed off of revelry devouring piece by piece a visitor's ability to feel the heights of passion.

In addition to the natives some adventurers have taken to living in the Tavern, or in killing a Tender and stealing his bar and running it.

Role in the Wheel:

The Endless Tavern is said to open onto every single Prime Material world which has developed to the point of having taverns, as well as all major planar cities. Adventurers have even claimed to have used the Tavern to bridge cosmologies, moving between Eberron and Greyhawk this way, some even claim to have used it to escape the Demiplane of Dread. Whatever the truth, the Endless Tavern can be used as a potent bridge between planes. In some places this even results in armed contingents, such as the Dis entrance which is held defensively by the baatezu.

Planar Traits:

• Normal Gravity
    • Normal Time
    • Mildly Neutral Aligned
    • Divinely Morphic
    • Impeded Magic: Evocation, Illusion, Enchantment, and any spells with an alignment descriptor. The natives are unaffected by this trait.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-07-22 at 10:08 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

28. - Top - End - #208

Spoiler: The Planetouched do not actually appear in this one.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    CW Samurai is the best class, hands down.
    Well, when it's used by Shneeky it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Svata View Post
    I like the swashbuckler. Even though I know it's terrible and only use it for a 2-level dip at the beginning of my (usually psychic) rogues.
    still useful for a dip
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    I like the Monk Class.

Are we done? Don't make me post Xamnim.
    well, there are others who share your passion for the downtrodden
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    The Endless Tavern (Socratov if you couldn't tell)

Somewhere within the astral exists the Endless Tavern, one half inn and one half demiplane. As a demiplane there is no exterior to the Font of Poetry, instead it exists as a massive series of twisting corridors, bed rooms, staircases, wine cellars, kitchens, and common rooms. The sounds of festivities can be heard throughout its halls, yet the majority of the patrons seem strangely bland and dull of eye. As you wander the Endless Tavern one can find myriad architectural styles and designs.

Inhabitants

The majority of inhabitants of the Endless Tavern are the Revelers, a race of outsider native to the Tavern which take the form of humanoid patrons. They have little purpose save merriment and experiencing the tavern. Other inhabitants are the Brewers, strange bee-like humanoids which live in the cellars of the tavern and produce its wines and ales. The third native species are the Tenders, shapeshifting outsiders who serve the role of barkeep and innkeeper for the Tavern's various main rooms and who use their magic to maintain the order of the place. The Revelers are controlled by the will of the Brewers and the Tenders, and it is said the inhabitants of the Tavern feed off of revelry devouring piece by piece a visitor's ability to feel the heights of passion.

In addition to the natives some adventurers have taken to living in the Tavern, or in killing a Tender and stealing his bar and running it.

Role in the Wheel:

The Endless Tavern is said to open onto every single Prime Material world which has developed to the point of having taverns, as well as all major planar cities. Adventurers have even claimed to have used the Tavern to bridge cosmologies, moving between Eberron and Greyhawk this way, some even claim to have used it to escape the Demiplane of Dread. Whatever the truth, the Endless Tavern can be used as a potent bridge between planes. In some places this even results in armed contingents, such as the Dis entrance which is held defensively by the baatezu.

Planar Traits:

• Normal Gravity
    • Normal Time
    • Mildly Neutral Aligned
    • Divinely Morphic
    • Impeded Magic: Evocation, Illusion, Enchantment, and any spells with an alignment descriptor. The natives are unaffected by this trait.
    Yep, that's my place! If you need me, ask a Tender...

By the way, is it just me? Or is it now "Ask about throwing sharp and pointy things at enemies in 3.5" week on GitP? I've seen about 5 threads these days about the very subject...
    Last edited by Socratov; 2015-07-23 at 09:09 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Artificer w/LA for the win. : )
    well artificer is good class but if you ask me either saboteur or vanguard from path of iron and also were I can sign for expedition to plane of coke cola( or Pepsi if you want aka plane that neighbor to caffeine and mechanus ) because my eldritch harbinger can be useful in nearly any situation since I left the rules open enough to have a dip to kinetics so where I need to sign again
    if you ask for build
    warlock or soul lock 10, kinetics 5( 17), eldritch harbinger 5
    race not important