New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Quote-Based Worldbuilding 5: Return of Xarridan...?

It appears that the previous quote-based worldbuilding thread died a slow, cold, lonely death. Let us all have a moment of silence for it. Done? Good. Now, I know that the previous thread was called "one more time" but I feel like just leaving its ice-cold corpse there to rot would be unfinished business. Plus, it's fun. So....one more time after that?

How it works: the person above you creates a quote. You attribute this quote to an in-world character, then make a new one, and so on. Example:
    person 1: "Hail to the Great Beast, Devourer of Worlds!"
    person 2: "Hail to the Great Beast, Devourer of Worlds!"- Lord Izel the Accursed, shortly before sacrificing the wizard Eirinius to the Beast.

"They've found it! They've found a cure!"

Then another person would attribute that quote to another character, and so on.

Today's quote (continuing from the previous thread):

"And you. YOU! You have stained my honor and sullied my family name. Wh- Stay here, you coward!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Quote-Based Worldbuilding 5: Return of Xarridan...?

"And you. YOU! You have stained my honor and sullied my family name. Wh- Stay here, you coward!" - Janal Kasetri, after an unknown person painted over the phrase "my honor" in his publicly-displayed new poem. The paint then dripped down to slightly obscure the phrase "my family name."

"Yggdrasil-spawn sap sure is hard to scrape off of spaceship hulls."
    LGBTQA+itp

they/them or any neopronouns

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingbooks42 View Post
    "And you. YOU! You have stained my honor and sullied my family name. Wh- Stay here, you coward!" - Janal Kasetri, after an unknown person painted over the phrase "my honor" in his publicly-displayed new poem. The paint then dripped down to slightly obscure the phrase "my family name."

"Yggdrasil-spawn sap sure is hard to scrape off of spaceship hulls."
    Said the great seer to his tribe of horse nomads.

"Dammit Gerald! How many times do I- look the disembodied skull of the unknowable tentacled abomination goes over there by the trident of the abyss! Putting it in the fairy unicorn playground really gives of the wrong vibe!"
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    "Dammit Gerald! How many times do I- look the disembodied skull of the unknowable tentacled abomination goes over there by the trident of the abyss! Putting it in the fairy unicorn playground really gives of the wrong vibe!"
    Richard Forgeshield to Gerald Hammer after smoking what Gerald was smoking.

"I wonder where this door leads"
    Last edited by noob; 2019-09-28 at 11:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Richard Forgeshield to Gerald Hammer after smoking what Gerald was smoking.

"I wonder where this door leads"
    -Bob the Mighty adventurer's last words before faling dkwn a thousand foot drop into a pit filled with lava and lva proof tarrasque-half-dragon-vampiric-celestial-beholder-hydras
    (somw villains are not very subtle...)
    "mmm. This cheese is very good, where is it from?"
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"mmm. This cheese is very good, where is it from?"
    Attributed to Duke Garth III of Upper Farfield, right before his death at the hand of famed demon and master of poison A'brax.

(I believe someone made a dramatis personae google doc for the previous thread's world, if we'd like to continue working on that setting)

"Fools. You are fit only to grovel at my feet. Now bow down and witness my ascen- gaaaaah!"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzlefoot View Post
    "Fools. You are fit only to grovel at my feet. Now bow down and witness my ascen- gaaaaah!"
    Sir Bridge to all the peasants witnessing the first use of the elevator he invented thus popularizing elevators.(crashing pretentious nobles into the roof actually makes stuff more popular)

"Today we stand together against lva with our lva proof tarrasque. With such force we are guaranteed to defeat lva"

8. - Top - End - #8

Lizardfolk

Sir Bridge to all the peasants witnessing the first use of the elevator he invented thus popularizing elevators.(crashing pretentious nobles into the roof actually makes stuff more popular)

"Today we stand together against lva with our lva proof tarrasque. With such force we are guaranteed to defeat lva"
    (I meant to type lava but this works)
    Said Sir Aven the holy to his troops before setting off to defeat the archlich lva.

"Hey you! Stop that at once!"
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

(I meant to type lava but this works)
    Said Sir Aven the holy to his troops before setting off to defeat the archlich lva.

"Hey you! Stop that at once!"
    - Orogrux, Demon Lord of Plagues, to one of his Plagues who went a bit overboard and killed an entire planet.

10. - Top - End - #10

Lizardfolk

- Orogrux, Demon Lord of Plagues, to one of his Plagues who went a bit overboard and killed an entire planet.
    do I get a quote with that?
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

do I get a quote with that?
    Told by Sir Aven after talking to his historian about the stories that would be written about him.

"Nothing can stop me from drowning people into lava except the fact they burn before drowning but soon enough you will all see and acknowledge my talent!"
    Last edited by noob; 2019-09-30 at 05:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"Nothing can stop me from drowning people into lava except the fact they burn before drowning but soon enough you will all see and acknowledge my talent!"
    -Bogdan Man-at-Arms, explaining to the shop-keeper why he is looking for a scroll of Fire Immunity

''What do you mean, inside it ?''

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by SquidFighter View Post
    -Bogdan Man-at-Arms, explaining to the shop-keeper why he is looking for a scroll of Fire Immunity

''What do you mean, inside it ?''
    - Archmage Ezrien to his then-mentor, Mephistopheles.

"Fools! You have no idea what true power is! Glory to the star gods! Glory to the ancients, and to the gods of a thousand dead worlds!

14. - Top - End - #14

- Archmage Ezrien to his then-mentor, Mephistopheles.

"Fools! You have no idea what true power is! Glory to the star gods! Glory to the ancients, and to the gods of a thousand dead worlds!
    -Hattusa the immortal, monolouging about re-ascending into godhood in front of his greatest detractors.

"I've done it, I've finally done it, I've endowed you with the ability to explode on command!!"
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Lleban View Post
    -Hattusa the immortal, monolouging about re-ascending into godhood in front of his greatest detractors.

"I've done it, I've finally done it, I've endowed you with the ability to explode on command!!"
    - Kharl the Evoker, after creating a spell which generates 1d6 stalks of celery covered in glowing runes, which can explode when an eldritch word unpronounceable by the human mouth is spoken in their presence.

"That sure is a nice kingdom you've got there. It'd be a shame if someone ate it, huh?"
    Last edited by Sizzlefoot; 2019-09-30 at 09:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"That sure is a nice kingdom you've got there. It'd be a shame if someone ate it, huh?"
    -The Glutton, gargantuan ancient red dragon, on the approach towards the capitol of the empire, Westwheat.

"You're already dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    "You're already dead."
    Orogrux taunting lva about the soul outside of body condition most liches lives with.

"Kharl the evoker was a great mage and it is sad he became Kharl the cook without warning anyone and although there was foretelling signs nobody did find them in time"

18. - Top - End - #18

Lizardfolk

Orogrux taunting lva about the soul outside of body condition most liches lives with.

"Kharl the evoker was a great mage and it is sad he became Kharl the cook without warning anyone and although there was foretelling signs nobody did find them in time"
    said Kharls best friend Khevin, now reincarnated as a skeleton, post him trying to defeat the archlich lva, without the help of Kharl.

"what do you mean? giving exploding celery sentience was clearly a good idea!"
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

said Kharls best friend Khevin, now reincarnated as a skeleton, post him trying to defeat the archlich lva, without the help of Kharl.

"what do you mean? giving exploding celery sentience was clearly a good idea!"
    Told by an average vegan ghoul to people worried about the fact ghouls going vegan actually increased the number of people who dies in villages close to ghouls(probably because of sentient exploding celery)

"By the power of the three dukes you are now judged to be sent to the exploding fields"
    Last edited by noob; 2019-10-01 at 05:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Lizardfolk

Told by an average vegan ghoul to people worried about the fact ghouls going vegan actually increased the number of people who dies in villages close to ghouls(probably because of sentient exploding celery)

"By the power of the three dukes you are now judged to be sent to the exploding fields"
    Ruled the honorable ghoulish judge Nathon Otevil, to Scally Wag, a criminal guilty of Crimes against veganism.
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"Hey! That's my soul, and I don't want it eaten just yet!"
    Last edited by Sizzlefoot; 2019-10-01 at 07:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Lizardfolk

"Hey! That's my soul, and I don't want it eaten just yet!"
    said khevin, shortly after being defeated by the archlich lva.
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

said khevin, shortly after being defeated by the archlich lva.
    Segment of text within the diary of lva which of course is a clean,plain,fresh,brown and unassuming tome with immunity to having adjectives applied to it in the right way.

(Wizard lizard it would be great if you generated quotes more frequently when responding to this thread)

"Out of spite this person stabbed itself repetitively while under lava thus killing themselves before drowning. I need more scrolls"
    Last edited by noob; 2019-10-02 at 04:18 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Segment of text within the diary of lva which of course is a clean,plain,fresh,brown and unassuming tome with immunity to having adjectives applied to it in the right way.

(Wizard lizard it would be great if you generated quotes more frequently when responding to this thread)

"Out of spite this person stabbed itself repetitively while under lava thus killing themselves before drowning. I need more scrolls"
    - Gromlech, troll wizard, after one of his subjects had an... accident.

"Yggdrasil-spawn! To the left!"

25. - Top - End - #25

Lizardfolk

- Gromlech, troll wizard, after one of his subjects had an... accident.

"Yggdrasil-spawn! To the left!"
    Said by the mighty dwarvish paladin whilst engaged in a ferocious deul with a tree.
    "Have at thee, Cabbage-Muncher!
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Said by the mighty dwarvish paladin whilst engaged in a ferocious deul with a tree.
    "Have at thee, Cabbage-Muncher!
    - Sir Cornelius IV, right before being impaled by Bunlor, God-King of Rabbits.

"Don't touch that."

27. - Top - End - #27

Lizardfolk

- Sir Cornelius IV, right before being impaled by Bunlor, God-King of Rabbits.

"Don't touch that."
    The last words of Konrich the Wise, right before his apprentice pressed a big red button.

"Welcome to my humble impenetrable fortress of despair, make yourselves comfortable..."
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

The last words of Konrich the Wise, right before his apprentice pressed a big red button.

"Welcome to my humble impenetrable fortress of despair, make yourselves comfortable..."
    - Lord Zoorus Shadowmire, the dark lord for the modern party

"Ah. What's this tea made from, then? Dragon scales? Treant sprouts?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

- Lord Zoorus Shadowmire, the dark lord for the modern party

"Ah. What's this tea made from, then? Dragon scales? Treant sprouts?"
    Tharnac wondering whenever her opponents inviting her for tea are trying to trick her into drinking tea with non vegan compatible things or are serving her normal treant tea.

"And so lacking the ability to protect people from exploding celery the people made celery into people"

30. - Top - End - #30

Lizardfolk

Tharnac wondering whenever her opponents inviting her for tea are trying to trick her into drinking tea with non vegan compatible things or are serving her normal treant tea.

"And so lacking the ability to protect people from exploding celery the people made celery into people"
    said The Narrator (an all powerful cosmic entity)
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.