New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default The Bar Of The Forgotten [IC]

The bar is a cozy affair. Warm, crackling fire in the fireplace, comfortable plush stools and chairs, and the bartender standing behind the bar, washing a mug.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Bar Of The Forgotten [IC]

this entertainer needs a drink and a job i got left out of yet another adventure .
    so i feel like i need some love,or the job.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

3. - Top - End - #3

No jobs here, and I'm afraid I can't give you any love, the bartender says as he pours a stiff drink. But I've got plenty to help you forget your woes.

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Kato the large orange jungle cat approaches the bar, adjusting his jewel encrusted monocle. As he speaks fiery shapes lick across his hindquarters, his voice was calm with an acent reminiscent of what folk on ancient earth might refer to as Persia.

Hello Barkeep, have you any venison or perhaps an aged variety of beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

A short human woman with messy brown hair sits at one of the tables to the side. She wears ragged, dirty clothes and a haunted look, and she slowly strokes the air beside her. To anyone with the ability to see the ephemeral, a large lion sits there with a blazing mane, shedding light across the room only those with the eyes to see it can perceive. She tilts her head at the remark and replies in a singsong voice. I have no love for jobs, nor for you, nor for any others. My love has left me. It was painful, and so I excised it.
    LGBTA+itP

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Kato the large orange jungle cat approaches the bar, adjusting his jewel encrusted monocle. As he speaks fiery shapes lick across his hindquarters, his voice was calm with an acent reminiscent of what folk on ancient earth might refer to as Persia.

Hello Barkeep, have you any venison or perhaps an aged variety of beer?
    Yes, he replies as he hands the mug to the first woman. He heads to the back, bringing out a haunch of deer to begin cooking, then pours a second mug, this one of an excellent and archaic beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    A short human woman with messy brown hair sits at one of the tables to the side. She wears ragged, dirty clothes and a haunted look, and she slowly strokes the air beside her. To anyone with the ability to see the ephemeral, a large lion sits there with a blazing mane, shedding light across the room only those with the eyes to see it can perceive. She tilts her head at the remark and replies in a singsong voice. I have no love for jobs, nor for you, nor for any others. My love has left me. It was painful, and so I excised it.
    Sorry to hear about that. Anything I can get for you, or the cat?

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7

The drow with her drink and woes decides to sob softly.saying some thing under her breath."sob"the forces that be never letting me sing damn them."sob"
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"They seem to be conspiring to keep me from the stage, as well, " The blue-skinned Twi'Lek was approaching the bar for a drink, and had stumbled upon the Drow's woes along the way. "But, hey, if you find the right drink you can forget any injustice - if only for a little while."

As soon as she was done delivering that brief moment of sympathy, however, it became clear Eponah wasn't heading for the drow's side. Instead, she headed for the stool next to Kato.

"I have never seen your species before, " she notes, having never really encountered any variety of cat before. "Please, tell me which world you're from..."

9. - Top - End - #9

thank you maybe we can do a performance together
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2017-11-19 at 02:17 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Kate looks up from his drink slowly casting an eye towards this blue-skinned individual.

Truth be told I was taken from my home world, long before I had mastered the art of remembering details in that manner. The only place I ever had the chance to call a home was Sarak'ja, city of the great Bazaar, shortly before I burst from it. Now where do you hail from? I would so love to find a new story

As he speaks he raises a single claw and lightly adjusts his monocole.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2017-11-19 at 04:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    No jobs here, and I'm afraid I can't give you any love, the bartender says as he pours a stiff drink. But I've got plenty to help you forget your woes.
    'Nay, to forget is easy, I mange it each time I sleep, and awake anew, knowing only that I am missing something-- though what I cannot tell,' Adamaro says in a dirgelike voice, his ephemeral fingers failing to close about a mug that he fixes with a wistful and rueful glare. 'Should you have any drinks to remember, now that would be most welcome.'

He walks (or does he simply remember walking? He has no substance, nor do his feet touch the ground) but he skirts around the lion-beast and its light that exist all to real to him and seem to stare judgmentally. He is before the dark elf, gaunt and translucent features fixed with the pale memory of a smile.

'I for one would hear you sing, perhaps one to remember,' he says, again failing to raise a mug as his fingers pass through it. 'What did they call you?'
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Perform together? Ah, but I think we have a misunderstanding. I was an actress and you are a singer, yes? I would be little help in your type of performance..."

Then the new arrival weighed in, so Eponah went back to her conversation with Kato. "Long enough ago that you don't even know which world you're from? That's... unfortunate. Well, I can answer about mine, at least.

My homeworld is called Ryloth. It's got a surface covered in dangerous predators, many caves filled with Twi'Leks - that's my species, by the way - and many craters where humans had decided there were too many Twi'Leks and that they needed to thin our numbers out a little. And I come from one of those craters, back when it was still a cave.
    "

She then puts on a quick imitation of Kato's accent to add, "and that's why I drink!"
    Last edited by whoiam; 2017-11-19 at 05:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

my father taught me many songs bard as he was.but i dont know a song to remeber. But lest we forget we are now here rather than where we were.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

'Here is as good as anywhere,' he says with the same wan and wistful smile. 'I no longer remember where is anything, the term has lost all it's meaning. But perhaps not a song to remember but one that I should want to, Perhaps a song that you remember? It is such things that make us people, after all.'
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Choosing apparently excellent moment to join the company of the oddly varied clientele gathering up at the bar in middle of nowhere, a youth wrapped in bandages appears among the gathered oddities. His long red coat swishing about his feet with every step, he makes his way over to the bar, taking a moment to take in the sights.

Only after that does he speak.

"Well, this is peculiar. I am quite certain I was...thoroughly dead" he murmurs, wincing slightly before looking at the bartender. "This branch of afterlife wouldn't happen to have something nice to drink? It's been...well, a long day."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Then the new arrival weighed in, so Eponah went back to her conversation with Kato. "Long enough ago that you don't even know which world you're from? That's... unfortunate. Well, I can answer about mine, at least.

My homeworld is called Ryloth. It's got a surface covered in dangerous predators, many caves filled with Twi'Leks - that's my species, by the way - and many craters where humans had decided there were too many Twi'Leks and that they needed to thin our numbers out a little. And I come from one of those craters, back when it was still a cave.
    "

She then puts on a quick imitation of Kato's accent to add, "and that's why I drink!"
    "Humans, not only are they prone to cruelty, they're not even clever about it. One of there wizards purchased me gave me my investure of the fire, but was still surprised when. Almost lazily Kato surround a paw in powerful flame, the tounges dancing for a moment before collapsing back inside This happened. So what's next in your story? How did you get a portal off this Ryloth place?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The summoned flame drew a somewhat shocked reaction from Eponah - it certainly wasn't the sort of thing she saw often! And the comment about portals was in the process of drawing a puzzled response from her, when another new soul arrived.

"Afterlife? ...I don't think I'm dead. My ship might be, but I'm pretty sure the sublight drives burning out didn't kill me as well..."

Still, she shouldn't let herself get so easily distracted.

"No, nothing as fancy as a portal. Turns out I lived kinda close to some other people who may or may not have been doing something the humans didn't like, and that combined with having a similar enough body to a human female to be considered 'attractive' was reason enough for their soldiers to 'arrest' me. So they shoved me into a 'police' ship and I was shipped off-world to start my exciting new life as a slave.

Then an owner or two later I ended up with one whose skills were heavy on 'not providing clothing' and 'spying on personal ablutions', but short on 'chaining your resentful slave up at night'. He came down with a bad case of 'accidentally brutally stabbed himself in the stomach while sleeping' and I might have still been laughing when I tossed his corpse out the airlock.

Shame about the bed, though. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to wash all the blood out afterwards...
    "

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. Anything I can get for you, or the cat?
    She confers with the invisible cat for a moment, then peers back at the barkeep. I've nothing to pay you with, but if that's not a problem, some milk and some meat for him would be wonderful. If you have a sandwich or something for me, that'd be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Choosing apparently excellent moment to join the company of the oddly varied clientele gathering up at the bar in middle of nowhere, a youth wrapped in bandages appears among the gathered oddities. His long red coat swishing about his feet with every step, he makes his way over to the bar, taking a moment to take in the sights.

Only after that does he speak.

"Well, this is peculiar. I am quite certain I was...thoroughly dead" he murmurs, wincing slightly before looking at the bartender. "This branch of afterlife wouldn't happen to have something nice to drink? It's been...well, a long day."
    She turns to the newcomer. I don't think we're dead. I'd be lower down in the,
    um. Spectrum of the Shadow, I suppose? If that was the case.
    LGBTA+itP

19. - Top - End - #19

i will perform for our misfit band.we all of us sing for times since lost and hearts being bought.in glad and agony
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

“What the heck?”, a scruffy looking young cat-folk girl staggered into the tavern with a look of utter confusion on her face. She had just left the grey little town of Ravengro and had been enjoying a quick little cat-nap in a covered wagon when all of a sudden she was in this rather impressive looking tavern. How long had she been asleep? Where was she? It could be Vigil. She assumed a fortress that housed so many impressive warriors, would also have an incredible tavern. Still, the drinking establishment was not nearly as interesting as its patrons.

Along with the usual rabble, there was what appeared to be a large orange feral cat wearing a monocle. Not only did he speak, it also appeared his backside was on fire. Was this a side effect of her past wounds? Sister Nadya had given her a checkup before the group had broken up. She was fully healed and had no poisons in her system. Maybe this was simply a dream? It would make sense.

The cat passed a scruffy looking woman who would not appear out of place in the creepy old village she had just left. Nearby, a strange blue woman with twin tails on her head. Was she a mind-flayer? The cat had heard stories about such creatures, but did not know they would be so beautiful. As she pondered this, the monocle wearing cat said something that worried her. 'Home World' Did she mean 'home country' or possibly whatever jungle he would normally plant his flaming orange hinder? The blue girl who now referred to herself as a 'Twi'Lek' floated the notion of this being the afterlife. Seriously? She couldn't be dead! She would have at least liked to have gone on a second adventure before that happened. Maybe even got a chance to fall in love. And even got to spend some of the money she made during her quest.

After finding a seat at the bar, the cat glanced up at the bartender, "I'll have a glass of Syllabub if you have it...And also.", a look of utter worry fell on her face, "Could you please tell me where I'm at?"

Spoiler: Pic Of The Cat
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Getting drinks and food as appropriate for everyone coming in, the bartender smiles. The Bar of the Forgotten. Where lost and lonely souls get a little less lonely, if no less lost.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Uts either a demiplane or a seperate plane of existence maybe just maybe the gods must be crazy.that or we all are important in some grand game the multiverse is playing.the drow is much more drunk than she would like to let on.bar keep i would like the wine my mother has in her tavern the drow wine imz fines enush fer naow
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2017-11-19 at 08:41 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

As the door opens once more a hunched over practically ancient looking old man comes hobbling inside walking with the aid of a nearly as ancient and gnarled staff of hawthorn wood. The man himself was mostly hidden under a hooded cloak that looked more like what was a old potato sack despite some glyphs and runes sewn into the fraying edges of a silvery blue sheen. Passing by a few tables the old man makes his way over towards the fire place, the staff butt marking his progress with a ticking almost akin to a clock's. Upon finally making it to a relatively cushioned seat near the fireplace the geezer more falls onto the soft seat then sits letting out a audible groan of exhaustion accompanied by bones popping and creaking ever so slightly.
    "Every journey seems to get longer then the last these last few centuries it seems... But oh what interesting places I seem to keep finding myself lately to find such a intriguing bar."
    Lifting his hood the elderly man's face is finally revealed to show the what was once Caucasian skin that spent years indoors pale white, now an aged and covered in age spots much like dusty tome paper. Though that wasn't what made him interesting as from his bald crown and down his neck sky blue with hints of silver tattooed runes glistened and seemingly shifted over him. Leaning his staff against the nearest table the man brings out a pair of weathered glasses to place on his slightly droopy nose after giving them a slight cleaning. Pulling out a cascade of snow white beard from under his cloak to rest over his chest and nearly down to his waist the now sage-like man looks to the group gathered giving them all a glance with cerulean blue eyes that seem to glow with magic. Those eyes almost seemed like they could see anything hidden to the normally naked eye, even stopping on the normally 'invisible' feline creature which brings a quick smirk to his nearly hidden mouth.
    "You'll have to pardon this old man and his ancient bones, tis getting to that time of the year that the weather starts messing with my aches and pains." pausing to give a wave towards the keeper of the bar he smiles, "Keep, a glass of milk if you don't mind."

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

A few minutes later, a middle-aged elf walks in. He’s got shoulder-length silver hair, a nonmagical wooden staff, and piercing blue eyes.
    Good evening, he says to the bartender. I was stopping by, and I was wondering if I could perform a craftsmanship show. I’m a Psion who specializes in creating creatures and sculptures with ectoplasm. In the meantime, I’ll get a glass of Elvish wine. White, if you have it. The elf pauses for a few minutes. I was part of an adventuring group, up until a month ago. Our party went up against a beholder and it went... badly. He stops, lost in sorrowful memories. I only escaped because I ran, and I hate myself for it.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

She confers with the invisible cat for a moment, then peers back at the barkeep. [COLOR="#800080"]She turns to the newcomer. I don't think we're dead. I'd be lower down in the, um. Spectrum of the Shadow, I suppose? If that was the case.
    Glancing towards her with his gray eyes glowing ever so slightly blue, the bandage-covered boy goes on to take his drink, idly observing the invisible cat. "Normally I would question your statement with what is clearly a spirit by your side, but... considering I have had quite the day before wandering here from literal purgatory, I have thought better of it" he answers with weak smile.

He seems less phased by cat-like humanoids, talking cats, downright aliens and the other odd things around himself than one might suspect out of normal human. Must be jaded beyond belief.

"Well, one way or the other, I consider my duty for my world done for now, so I would not mind a moment of rest myself" he says, raising his glass slightly at the woman and her cat in salute. "Yao Qiu Yu, the only person from my world to have natural, direct link to humanity's collective consciousness, at your service."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

She turns to the newcomer. I don't think we're dead. I'd be lower down in the,
    um. Spectrum of the Shadow, I suppose? If that was the case.
    'No,' the shade says quite amicably. 'I am quite certain we are quite dead.' ah, some poltergeist activity should work! Adamaro thinks as a mug jerkily raises itself to his lips, only for its contents to pass right through him and spatter to the floor. 'And aside from that,' he says, gesturing to the spilled beer, 'it's quite liberating. Solves a lot of those existential worries, as well as the transient ones. For starters I never have to worry about where my next meal is coming from.'

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"So much hair!" Everyone watching can now probably make a guess as to why Eponah had gone over to talk to the cat-person. And why she seems so amused to have another one join them. "I feel positively...." There's a pause as she scrambles for the unfamiliar word, "bald? I think that's the one. It's a strange concept - knowing a word for 'without hair' when you come from a species that are all that way."

"Still, now I know where I am on this planet. Working out which planet this is can wait, I guess. Certainly until after tomorrow's hangover..." Not that she seemed in any hurry to drink.

Then another performer arrived, and she couldn't help but smile as he announced his desire to perform. So she points him towards the Drow further down the bar. "Why don't you have a chat with the singer?" she suggests. "Maybe you could provide effects for her when she sings? I'm sure the two of you would compliment each other well..." Certainly she would have appreciated having access to magic props during her time in the theatre...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Glancing towards her with his gray eyes glowing ever so slightly blue, the bandage-covered boy goes on to take his drink, idly observing the invisible cat. "Normally I would question your statement with what is clearly a spirit by your side, but... considering I have had quite the day before wandering here from literal purgatory, I have thought better of it" he answers with weak smile.

He seems less phased by cat-like humanoids, talking cats, downright aliens and the other odd things around himself than one might suspect out of normal human. Must be jaded beyond belief.

"Well, one way or the other, I consider my duty for my world done for now, so I would not mind a moment of rest myself" he says, raising his glass slightly at the woman and her cat in salute. "Yao Qiu Yu, the only person from my world to have natural, direct link to humanity's collective consciousness, at your service."
    She perks up at the name, and then beams at the mention of the collective consciousness. Isn't it wonderful to just explore humanity's potential? I have similar abilities... oh, and you can call me Tease. Short for Socrates, it was an injoke with some old friends. I ask questions, and usually don't get answers. She smiles wistfully.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGlock View Post
    'No,' the shade says quite amicably. 'I am quite certain we are quite dead.' ah, some poltergeist activity should work! Adamaro thinks as a mug jerkily raises itself to his lips, only for its contents to pass right through him and spatter to the floor. 'And aside from that,' he says, gesturing to the spilled beer, 'it's quite liberating. Solves a lot of those existential worries, as well as the transient ones. For starters I never have to worry about where my next meal is coming from.'
    She quickly sobers. No, I can smell the Life on most of us. Call it a hunch, I think we're just someplace... weird. Also you wasted good beer on a party trick. For shame. She tuts in mock disapproval, but her eyes alight with mischief.
    LGBTA+itP

29. - Top - End - #29

well now is it goin tah be a duet or just me.either way i like both options bald one
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

She perks up at the name, and then beams at the mention of the collective consciousness. Isn't it wonderful to just explore humanity's potential? I have similar abilities... oh, and you can call me Tease. Short for Socrates, it was an injoke with some old friends. I ask questions, and usually don't get answers. She smiles wistfully.
    "Humanity has always had great potential. I had to...nudge back the development somewhat, sadly. Wrong people, trying to gain access to too much" Qiu Yu replies somberly, shaking his head. "That is what I was doing just before this...battling in purgatory when still fully in the flesh was...an experience. As was representing the Ego of humanity of my world. But I could have done without sword to the chest before I kicked the unwanted guest back into Earth. Some people just don't take no for an answer."

Smiling somewhat to himself as he idly rubs a spot on his bandaged form just below the ribcage, the martial artist takes a slow sip from his drink before continuing. "At any rate, it is pleasant to meet you, Tease. I usually go by Autumn, among friends."
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2017-11-20 at 04:17 PM.