New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default (D&D 5e) The Plague of Nightmares IC

You can find all the information you need in the OP of the OOC thread. There is a link to it below.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...12&postcount=1
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: (D&D 5e) The Plague of Nightmares IC

You would almost believe that the dirt road ahead of you of was a river of pure silver had you not known any better. It indeed does appear to shimmer and flow under the moonlight far above. A single radiant blade of packed soil that slices through the oppressive night. But it is not of the light you find comfort in, for it seems to be much too ethereal to be that of a natural occurrence. You can see why people might be so suspicious of Senckreid, for you get the feeling that the black pines all around you are harboring things under their dark branches. You cannot help but asking yourself what creatures of the night lurk just beyond your sight. But mere ominous branches do not hold your heroic spirits at bay quite so easily. Your job after all is to hunt those that lurk in the darkness isn't it? And that is indeed why you all walk alone into Senckried on this very night. The gates into the mysterious fief you have yet to walk into, but if maps, instincts and hope are to be trusted then it should be only a few minutes walk away, though you cannot determine how accurate that is through the darkness. No outposts or other travelers have been visible to you on your journey so far, but you always get the feeling that something is watching and walking with you. (Little do you recognize that those figures will become their allies and enemies in the nearby future). Everything is eerily quiet except from the occasional screeching of a swarm of bats or the distant howl of mournful wolves.

That was until this point though. For suddenly a cacophony rings out and pierces through the veil of quiet borne from the night. Unknown people unleash agonizing screams to the rhythm of a mad howling in the road ahead, now not so distant. The beasts bark and bay constantly as it washes over and overwhelms the screams of their victims and the sounds of their resistant weapons against their predator's flesh. What results is hardly a battle and much more of a massacre. Only the crashing of a wagon can be heard over the tumult of hounds driven by bloodlust. Even those of you who rushed to try to help them would not have gotten there in nearly enough time. Only what must be half a minute after the maelstrom erupts out it abruptly resides. One moment the deafening noises are conquering your senses, and the next moment they are all gone. You wait for more things to tear into your ears, but none do. The silence, the same deathly silence, returns.

OOC: How do your characters all react? You will all be in different starting positions to begin with , but you all will probably meet at the site of the battle or perhaps at a point a little after that. Remember to explain why you are travelling alone at this point.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Yaotl is moving cautiously through the woods a short distance from the road, when the noise begins. He has come to Senckreid in search of someone. Her face floats up from the depths of his memories. She is laughing, her golden hair glowing in the sunlight. The noise snaps Yaotl out of his reverie, the half-remembered face vanishing in a flash. He approaches the sound, trying not to be seen.

Spoiler: Stealth roll
    Show
    (1d20)[20]
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-19 at 02:40 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anastasia while weeping will head towards the noise to see if she can provide any aid.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

5. - Top - End - #5

BlueKnightGuy

Elric is walking down the road, his thoughts stuck on the memories of his last days at the monastery. The most painful of which is when he buried the only family he had ever known.

Just as the memories threatened to open old wounds, he heard the crash and screams from up ahead.

For once, he threw caution to the wound and moved forward towards the unknown.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu, the former wizard's apprentice, whose master's life can be measured in mere weeks after contracting the Plague of Nightmares, rubs his tender behind.

The little gnome, fourteen years of age, but due to the short stature of all gnomes, looks like a human child no older than eight. And on this occasion, the pout in his face only adds credence to the assumption that he is a petulant little child throwing a tantrum.

But then again, who wouldn't have such a dour expression if they fell out of a tree branch fashioned into some kind of hammock by an unseen servitor, because they were startled by the sounds of creatures attacking a caravan?

And so, after confirming that a pile of leaves shielded his tender buttocks from more grievous harm, the gnome wizard sets off towards the direction of the horrid sounds, just so he can give a piece of his mind to whoever was responsible for the fracas.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The Knightess Yvonne had visited Senckreid a long time ago, but the distant memory did not match the sight of the land around her. Had the trees harboured such a feeling of dread, all those years ago? Had the moonlight dripped to earth and flowed like water down the paths? The only sounds were her footsteps and distant beasts. It was unnatural. Forests were alive, even at night, but this had all the life of the grave.

Just more evidence that the root of this evil could be found here. She hoped that her dear friend was fine - insulated, perhaps, by
    Senckreid castle walls and court magicians?

The night air was crisp, and she breathed in deeply, taking in the scents of pine and rotting vegetation. Her hand played with the hilt of her sword. Travelling at night was always risky, but this close to the gates, to shelter, it seemed better than to spend the darkness outside unprotected. Yvonne was no craven, but she was no fool, either. If she had brought some of her knights... ah, but this was already a fool's gamble. In good conscience she couldn't have brought others here.

Her grip tightened on her sword hilt and she half-drew the blade as sudden bedlam split the air. Ten, twenty, thirty seconds of beasts and bloodshed, and it was silent again.

It was like a portent: Turn back. Death awaits thee.

​No. It was all the more proof that there was no safety to be found outside in these woods. She must find shelter, and if there were any survivors of the caravan ahead, they may need assistance. She drew her sword fully, held it ready and low.

It was not a fancy sword, unlike her otherwise splendid appearance. It was plain straight steel, with a functional crossguard and a single sharp edge. It was a sword designed for battle, and nothing else.

She approached, shield held ready and head swivelling, scanning the darkness.

And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

As you all approach the site of the massacre you can see that this was not a mere merchant caravan, but it was actually an adventuring troupe travelling along the road. The centerpiece of the tragedy appears to be a small overturned wagon capable of holding up to two people that has crashed on its side and spit out barrels of food, adventuring equipment and other supplies. Several feet in front of the wagon you can see a bloodied knight lying prone on the ground, draped over the corpse of a wolf. Just of to the side of the road you can also see a leather clad figure crashed into a bush like a ragdoll being stared down by the lifeless eyes of a wolf with an arrow through its head directly in front of him or her. Another person in chainmail decorated with the symbol of Luxan is leaning back against the cart, their head staring out at the scene in front of them. At first you believe that he too is dead, but his chest still rises, albeit much too slowly, and moans in agony still come from his pale lips.

You all can see each-other now, except for Yoatl who is stealthily hiding by the road.
    -

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Yoatl is content to remain hidden for now, but he puts his shield on, just in case. He looks at the other newcomers, and upon seeing Zuzu, frowns. Thisss isss no place for a child. What isss he doing here? Yoatl also looks around for more wolves, hoping to not be caught unawares by them.
    Spoiler: perception roll
    Show
    (1d20+4)[10]

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #10

Anastasia will whisper in natura rest now fallen ones your story untold and songs unsung. She grips her rapier
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2018-02-19 at 04:52 PM.
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

As she approached the site of the slaughter, a pair of figures still standing materialised out the gloom.

"Ho there!" Knightess Yvonne called as she approached, shield and sword still held to ready. "Are you with the caravan just attacked?"
    Or are you the murderers? was left unsaid.

One of the poor devils just assaulted was still breathing, by the looks of it. He wouldn't be for much longer if he didn't get help. She snapped her fingers and pointed at the dark-skinned elf, who seemed to muttering to herself.
    "You! Lass! Know you of the healers arts? Help me keep this poor fellow from bleeding out."

She dropped to her knees by the injured man, making sure her sword was close to hand. She spoke was a clear tone, trying to get the man's attention as she ripped off a strip of his clothing to bind his wounds.
    "You've had a poor night, friend. Speak to me."

Spoiler: Medicine check: DC10 to stabilise
    Show
    (1d20+1)[18]

12. - Top - End - #12

yes mlady i can heal.
    Spoiler: cure wounds
    Show
    (1d8+3)[4]

(Ooc cure wounds says touch can i hum while doing it or sing as my bardic focus while healing)
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

BlueKnightGuy

Elric comes upon the massacre and almost stopped in his tracks. Hasn't there been enough death lately."

Drawing his sword in case of a counter attack, Elric approaches the female fighter that was shouting orders.

"Could you use some assistance my lady? I'm Elric, a humble Paladin of Prolus. Is there anyone else who needs healing?"
    Last edited by Squadfather42; 2018-02-19 at 06:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    As you all approach the site of the massacre you can see that this was not a mere merchant caravan, but it was actually an adventuring troupe travelling along the road. The centerpiece of the tragedy appears to be a small overturned wagon capable of holding up to two people that has crashed on its side and spit out barrels of food, adventuring equipment and other supplies. Several feet in front of the wagon you can see a bloodied knight lying prone on the ground, draped over the corpse of a wolf. Just of to the side of the road you can also see a leather clad figure crashed into a bush like a ragdoll being stared down by the lifeless eyes of a wolf with an arrow through its head directly in front of him or her. Another person in chainmail decorated with the symbol of Luxan is leaning back against the cart, their head staring out at the scene in front of them. At first you believe that he too is dead, but his chest still rises, albeit much too slowly, and moans in agony still come from his pale lips.

You all can see each-other now, except for Yoatl who is stealthily hiding by the road.
    Zuzu freezes for a bit as he sees three other strangers attracted to the noise. Huh, a female elf bard? No, the skin is too dark... Zuzu can't say he's seen much drow before (or any races other than human, dwarf, or elf, to be brutally honest, being cloistered practically all his life in that tower), and his curiosity is piqued.

Then, there are two clanking fighters (at least, he thinks they're fighters anyway). A male and female human. Are they betrothed? The young lady seems to hail from nobility at least, judging from the way she carries herself. The male is harder to read, but appears to be from more humble means.

The young gnome's eyes flit back to the carnage. Already, the others are tending to the injured. Having no real means of aiding the survivors, the wizard finds himself studying the two wolf corpses. Careful not to touch the flea-bitten beasts himself, he makes liberal use of Mage Hand and his unseen servant to flip the wolves over for investigation. This appears to be an adventuring troupe -- surely, mundane wolves wouldn't be able to slaughter them like this... What kind of wolves are these?

Investigating the wolves: (d20+5)[15]. His passive perception is 10.
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Yaotl sneaks a bit closer to Zuzu, watching what he's doing. He inspects the wolf corpses as well. No normal wolves would attack a caravan, or be so successful at it.

Spoiler: Nature Check
    Show

(1d20-1)[4]

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Yoatl is content to remain hidden for now, but he puts his shield on, just in case. He looks at the other newcomers, and upon seeing Zuzu, frowns. Thisss isss no place for a child. What isss he doing here? Yoatl also looks around for more wolves, hoping to not be caught unawares by them.
    Spoiler: perception roll
    Show
    [roll0]
    There is definitely something moving out there in the trees, but this is a forest so that should not be surprising. You cannot immediately sense the presence of them in the area, but you are certainly suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post

[/COLOR][/B]She dropped to her knees by the injured man, making sure her sword was close to hand. She spoke was a clear tone, trying to get the man's attention as she ripped off a strip of his clothing to bind his wounds.
    "You've had a poor night, friend. Speak to me."

Spoiler: Medicine check: DC10 to stabilise
    Show
    [roll0]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    yes mlady i can heal.
    Spoiler: cure wounds
    Show
    [roll0]

(Ooc cure wounds says touch can i hum while doing it or sing as my bardic focus while healing)
    The wounded priest suddenly jolts his head forward and starts panting heavily as soon as his strength is somewhat restored. His hands are still shaking though and despite his best attempts they are much too shaky to grip at the mace called to his side. He stares there wide eyed and half paralyzed aside from deep shivering movmemtns and the rapid rise and fall of his chest. For moments he only sits there murmuring something to himself. “They didn’t die. They wouldn’t die. They can’t die. It was supposed to doe but it didn’t. It doesn’t die. I can’t kill it. Nothing can kill it. Don’t try. It just doesn’t die...” eventually he begins to cradle himself on the ground. He must have gone through some kind of shock. You have found that near death experiences do things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post

The young gnome's eyes flit back to the carnage. Already, the others are tending to the injured. Having no real means of aiding the survivors, the wizard finds himself studying the two wolf corpses. Careful not to touch the flea-bitten beasts himself, he makes liberal use of Mage Hand and his unseen servant to flip the wolves over for investigation. This appears to be an adventuring troupe -- surely, mundane wolves wouldn't be able to slaughter them like this... What kind of wolves are these?

Investigating the wolves: [roll0]. His passive perception is 10.
    Yaotl sneaks a bit closer to Zuzu, watching what he's doing. He inspects the wolf corpses as well. No normal wolves would attack a caravan, or be so successful at it.

Spoiler: Nature Check
    Show

[roll0]
    At first glance They appear to be normal gray wolves in shape and size but upon closer inspection you realize something quite odd. At first you dimissed the fungus growing on them as a natural decomposed after death, but you quickly realize that the wolves died much too recently for the fungus to take hold so quickly. Something that you can only describe as a thin second pelt of pure moss appears to have formed around them. It appears to be an odd eerie blue and it is actually faintly glowing. No natural fungus covers the entire skin of an animal like this, and the color and light certainly seems rather ghastly.

You also can’t help but recognize the oddness of their behavior. Normal wolves do not attack armed adventurers like this very frequently, and if the are desperate enough to try they will simply kill the weakest target and run off. It instead looks like they intentionally slaughtered everyone in the group, which goes against the conservative nature of predators. That and they did not even bother to eat the corpses, they just killed them and ran off. This is not how wolves are supposed to behave.

These animals were certainly deeply corrupted both physically and mentally by whatever this Eldritch fungus is.
    -

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Yaotl is perturbed. He worries that the injured man and the child may be exposed to the mysterious fungus. There's only one thing to do: stop the spread before it can begin. Yaotl breaks cover, stepping into the clearing. He pushes Zuzu away from the wolf corpse. "Get back child!" His voice is little more than a raspy hiss, but it conveys quite clearly the urgency of his command. He casts Conjure Bonfire, lighting the corpse aflame, then moves on to repeat the process with the other wolves.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-20 at 12:51 PM.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #18

Calm down my friend. You are safe.
    She attempts to calm him down.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Yaotl thought Anastasia's comment was directed at him.
    "Don't you sssee? These wolves are infected! We're all at risssk unlessss we ssstop the infection now, before it dessstroysss all of nature!" Yaotl continues to burn the corpses. Once he is finished, he inspects a human corpse for signs of the mold.
    Spoiler: perception
    Show

(1d20+4)[12]
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-20 at 03:14 PM.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Yaotl thought Anastasia's comment was directed at him.
    "Don't you sssee? These wolves are infected! We're all at risssk unlessss we ssstop the infection now, before it dessstroysss all of nature!" Yaotl continues to burn the corpses. Once he is finished, he inspects a human corpse for signs of the mold.
    Spoiler: perception
    Show

[roll0]
    You are little too hasty in your actions to give a thorough examination, but trying to find something that glows blue and is within 10 ft of you while it is pitch black outside proves to not be a difficult task. The human corpses do have some of the fungus on them, but only a small amount around the bite wounds, it does not form a second skin like the wolves had. The priest too has some of the fungus on his injured areas, but they do not appear to be as thickly grown in. The mold prefers to settle on dead flesh it appears.
    -

21. - Top - End - #21

i was comforting the only living carvan member.but i understand.she says in Natura to yaotl we who wander the woods and caves revere nature
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2018-02-20 at 04:07 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"The corpses are contaminated! We mussst dessstroy them!" Yaotl sets fire to the nearest corpse.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yaotl is perturbed. He worries that the injured man and the child may be exposed to the mysterious fungus. There's only one thing to do: stop the spread before it can begin. Yaotl breaks cover, stepping into the clearing. He pushes Zuzu away from the wolf corpse. "Get back child!" His voice is little more than a raspy hiss, but it conveys quite clearly the urgency of his command. He casts Conjure Bonfire, lighting the corpse aflame, then moves on to repeat the process with the other wolves.
    A fungus? And one that compels creatures to act in ways contrary to their nature? The young gnome vaguely recalls reading about the parasitic cordyceps fungus that infests insects and slowly takes them over. But has this ever afflicted larger order creatures such as wolves?

Intelligence, History. (1d20+5)[23]

And for that matter, is this infestation magical in nature?

Intelligence, Arcana. (1d20+5)[14]

Before he can do much else, Zuzu nearly wets his loincloth as a giant snake slithers out of the bushes and roughly shoves him away from the corpse!

"A m-m-m-mmmonster!" the teenage gnome shrieks out, his hand flying into his robes to reach for his wand.
    Now Playing

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squadfather42 View Post
    Elric comes upon the massacre and almost stopped in his tracks. Hasn't there been enough death lately."

Drawing his sword in case of a counter attack, Elric approaches the female fighter that was shouting orders.

"Could you use some assistance my lady? I'm Elric, a humble Paladin of Prolus. Is there anyone else who needs healing?"
    The warrior scrutinised him for a moment, then shook her head.
    "No more survivors that I know of, unless the child and the dark elf were with the caravan. I only just arrived myself. If you know how the treat this man for his shock, however... mine were never the healer's arts."
    She clanged a fist on her breastplate in greeting.
    "But I am the knightess Yvonne, faithful of Vitay. I would say well met, but this is an inauspicious knight."

"The corpses are contaminated! We mussst dessstroy them!" Yaotl sets fire to the nearest corpse.
    As the hissing man burst from the undergrowth and began igniting corpses, Yvonne had lifted her weapon in preparation to strike. Slowly, she lowered it as the strange fellow seemed to mean no harm - for now, at least.
    "You there!" she called sternly. "An ill decision, to leap from the undergrowth! I nearly ran you through. What were you doing, skulking in the brush?"
    His talk of infection can wait for just a moment; either they were infected or they weren't. She turned her gaze to the child. She bent over slightly to appear less imposing, but her tone was still as no-nonsense.
    "That said, he is correct in one thing. Come here, child, where a wolf can't leap out the dark and snatch you off. What are you doing here in the woods? Were you with these poor vagabonds?"

25. - Top - End - #25

BlueKnightGuy

Elric nods his head in greeting as Yvonne introduces herself. Kneeling down beside the wounded priest, Elric attempts to see if there's anything that his powers can do.

Spoiler: Medicine check
    Show

(1d20+3)[21]
    Would his lay on hands, help the priest calm down?

Elric closes his eyes and whispers a short prayer to Prolus. Feeling the divine energies glow through him, Elric soothes and calns down the shell-shocked priest.

"Rest easy brother, you are among friends. Now, take a deep breath and slowly tell us what happened."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I'll heal the priest, with lay on hands, for 1 point of damage. That should calm him enough and still leave me with plenty left over.
    Last edited by Squadfather42; 2018-02-20 at 07:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    Calm down my friend. You are safe.
    She attempts to calm him down.
    Elric nods his head in greeting as Yvonne introduces herself. Kneeling down beside the wounded priest, Elric attempts to see if there's anything that his powers can do.

Spoiler: Medicine check
    Show

[roll0]
    Would his lay on hands, help the priest calm down?

Elric closes his eyes and whispers a short prayer to Prolus. Feeling the divine energies glow through him, Elric soothes and calns down the shell-shocked priest.

"Rest easy brother, you are among friends. Now, take a deep breath and slowly tell us what happened."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I'll heal the priest, with lay on hands, for 1 point of damage. That should calm him enough and still leave me with plenty left over.
    The priest's breathing suddenly slows as he turns to face the both of you. He seems somewhat confused by his surroundings but after a careful look around he recognizes that he is out of danger. Two knights, a young gnome, and a pretty elf are not exactly a terrifying thing to him as a cleric, and in this light he cannot recognize yaotl as a yuan-ti. He stares at his allies though and his eyes widen and begin to tear up. He maintains his composure though and begins to speak in a parched, dry voice barely more than a whisper.

"Me and my party you see here were trying to enter Senckried to find a solution for the plague, and we went through here unscathed up until this point. Then a... a... a ghost I believe, or at least something that looked like one. It said that we could not enter Senckried. Poor Duqesne..." he stares at the fallen knight "Tried to charge it with her silvered great-sword before it said anything else, and she slashed it too and it screamed, but then all the sudden lights appeared in the bushes and the wolves emerged and just... they just... swarmed her. She was dead within an instant. They then charged John our guide." He looks at the leather clad figure "He managed to get one arrow off but then he tripped in the bushes and fell backwards, and they got to him too. After seeing their glow I assumed that they were perhaps undead so I tried to repel them by evoking Vitay's power, and it worked too, but not on all of them. About half of them charged forward and they bite and I thought I was dead, but then something spoke. The foul spirit claimed that it would let me live so that I may warn others about the dangers of Senckried. Then I blacked out and here I am now. We had a mage with us too, but I have no idea what happened to him. I could swear he was with us before the wolves attacked but I never saw him in the conflict."

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    A fungus? And one that compels creatures to act in ways contrary to their nature? The young gnome vaguely recalls reading about the parasitic cordyceps fungus that infests insects and slowly takes them over. But has this ever afflicted larger order creatures such as wolves?

Intelligence, History. [roll0]

And for that matter, is this infestation magical in nature?

Intelligence, Arcana. [roll1]
    You have heard that fungi can indeed alter a creature's mental state, but you have no record of ever hearing about something that could do it to this extent. Some things that are vaguely close come to mind, but none of them have a major resemblance to what you are seeing. It must be arcane in nature, and certainly unstudied. This is indeed quite concerning.
    -

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    His talk of infection can wait for just a moment; either they were infected or they weren't. She turned her gaze to the child. She bent over slightly to appear less imposing, but her tone was still as no-nonsense.
    "That said, he is correct in one thing. Come here, child, where a wolf can't leap out the dark and snatch you off. What are you doing here in the woods? Were you with these poor vagabonds?"
    "I'm not a child," Zuzu's pouts while pointing his wand at the snakeman. "I'm fourteen -- I can take care of myself. I'm traveling by myself, towards Senckried to investigate the Plague of NIghtmares."

Still poised to unleash a magical attack towards the Yuan-ti, he continues, "Look, this infection is almost certainly arcane in nature. Since there is nothing natural about it, we don't even know if it's safe to burn it! We must try to isolate a sample for further study, than just let this snake monster set it on fire!"
    Now Playing

28. - Top - End - #28

BlueKnightGuy

"I am sorry about your friends. I shall ask Prolus to to bless them in my prayers. Can you describe the wizard that traveled with you? What was his name?

Perhaps he fell in battle arly on or was dragged away by the wolves. Once your done talking, I'll go and say a prayer for your friends.
    "

Elric then pauses and gives the priest a chance to continue speaking.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"I am sorry about your friends. I shall ask Prolus to to bless them in my prayers. Can you describe the wizard that traveled with you? What was his name?

Perhaps he fell in battle arly on or was dragged away by the wolves. Once your done talking, I'll go and say a prayer for your friends.
    "

Elric then pauses and gives the priest a chance to continue speaking.
    Although the priest is actually in relatively good physical health now, he is still shocked and is currently almost paralytic with the grim realization of what happened. "The mage... I believe her name was hemra, she is a kenku, if you are familiar with them."
    -

30. - Top - End - #30

Yvonne was it you stand as if you are nobility, i was not with the caravan nor was this gnome with me. But death surely had a ball with many many guests.
    Show