New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: Sunshine for Days

"One bomb comin." Brazen pulls out the materials for an explosive for easy use. "Mayhaps we chuck ah smoke grenade in ah unused room and crack a window? See if that'll confuse them?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Explosives (demo) (3d6)[9] vs 16 (14 skill +2 program)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

"Try to smoke a room near opposite of Scope's door."

---------------

Love is readying her wonderbolt message.

"Super advance basaltic gunboat has us pinned at Night's Radio. Foe was requesting Night Skye's surrender. Threatened to destroy the tower if we didn't turn him over 5 minutes, now, 30 seconds. Requesting Wonderbolt reinforcements. Engagement not advised. Stealth advised."

Love comms Scope, "What do you think? That good enough?"

Love will put the final compressed message to rely off Night's radio at the press of a button.

---------------

Love keeps working until Night and her are ready / a few button presses away.

In the last minute, Love speaks up to Night.

"I'm going to hot mike the conversation between her(?) and you so my entire team can hear."

"Night, try make them strain to listen. Now." She nods to him.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-02-22 at 06:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper exchanged his two tangler grenades for Brazen's bomb. His explosive grenade stayed on his rigging. Any systems that would be impacted by the jamming were shut off.

"That'll work, Love. Good job.

Deep breathes. Steady the nerves. Suppress the emotion.

An edge appeared in the back of his mind. Not quite a bloodless but an expectation. An expectation that he was about to do what he was born to do.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen nods and heads for a room to utilize. Popping the smoke and using the ensuing cover to open a window up so that the smoke can leak out. "Keep in mind they might beable to see through the smoke so it's just as ah distraction." He says returning.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

Night Skye opens communications with the enemy. But to Love’s surprise, his voice sounds almost completely different. Raspy, as if he’d been smoking his whole life. “Whoa, whoa! Hold up there. You’re at the wrong place, buddy.”

After a moment, the fox replies. “That is impossible.”

“Common mistake, actually,” Night Skye says, “If I had a pound of scrap for every raider that’s made the same mistake, maybe the place wouldn’t be falling apart so much. You want the place just up the road.”

Silence comes from the other end. “I do not under--”

Then Brazen sets off the smoke grenade.

“There goes something now,” Night Skye says, “The well-pump’s been acting up. Should get on that. Oi! Sharky! I thought you fixed that thing last week.” He pauses, as if listening to a reply. “Well shuddup and fix it again!”

“My instruments say that the smoke is not from--”

“I don’t care what your instruments say, now go away!” Night Skye snaps, “Oh, and have a nice day.” He nods to Love. It’s time to blind him.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

It was at that moment Love felt a feeling, a feeling of jealousy. Why didn't she get to be the snarky radio pony?!

Love gives Night a hooves up at a job well done!

Oh, well! Love pings Scope. Buttons get pressed, switches thrown. Love moves between the hybrid fusion of her own equipment and Night Skye's control center. She sends out her message. She tries to jam the Star Fox. She cranks up the signals!

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    I'm putting some jammer on this toast!
    (3d6)[13] vs 13 (Electronics Operation (EW)) + 2 (Software) +/- Other(s)

Spoiler: Edit
    Show
    Night deserves his chops.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-02-22 at 01:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper ducked out the door and began making his way skyward. It was almost amusing. The last time he'd sneaked his way across an airship, he had gone down a conning tower. Now he was going up a radio tower. There was no mental energy to spare for the thought.

All of his concentration was put on scaling the radio tower and, once the jamming took effect, making his way to the rear of the foxy airship undetected.

Spoiler: OoC Roll
    Show
    Extra Effort: (If applicable)
    (3d6)[4][3][3](10) VS 13

Stealth
    (3d6)[6][6][3](15) VS 14/15 (14 Skill + 1 Extra Effort?)

I had to use the forum's 'Restore Saved Content' button.
    Hopefully, that won't freak out the dice roller.

Also, I think Night Skye just became everyone's favorite pony.

8. - Top - End - #158

In reaction to the sudden jamming of his sensors, the fox immediately hits the engines and lifts higher into the sky. As he does so, he swings around, preparing to punch it and put some distance between him and the station. The cockpit enough to put Sniper within full view of the pilot. A spray of bullets flies past him, kept away from his flesh only by the power of Rose’s magic.

Trusting in it, Sniper flies closer. But as he draws within striking distance, the ship’s rear engines burst to life and it begins to accelerate right towards him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time for a dodge roll, Sniper. Don’t worry, you get a +2 bonus. This thing accelerates pretty slowly and doesn’t turn all that well.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Spamalot in the Playground

Rose waits on Star Chaser if she wants to use this moment to race to the Thunderbird or not?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper's eyes met the alien's. An open invitation, in the form of a smirk, passed over his face.

Time to play 'chicken' with a fox.

Show

DOOOOOODGE!
    (3d6)[4][6][4](14) VS 11 (9 Base Stat + 2 Bonus)

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen sets up riot shield at the ready. It could at least weather some of the firepower that thing could put out but whether it could hold up to it was another matter entirely. "Ah'll cover ya'll."

Spoiler
    Show
    Right so, heading to work soon. Not entirely sure how Brazen can help since it sounds like the ship is a ways in the air now. For the moment I could have him running as a literal shield wall for those going for the Thunderbird or I could try to run distraction anyway by taking potshots as I head in a different direction.

12. - Top - End - #162

A glancing blow, all things considered, but one that hurts nonetheless despite Sniper’s armor. The ship knocks him aside and soars on past. But if he has the quick-reflexes for it, he can perhaps plant the charge on the back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Brawling check with an undisclosed penalty, please. And

Star makes a run for the Thunderbird. Even if it’s not designed for combat, a few rounds on his tail will make the fox sit up and take notice. She would definitely appreciate some cover from the friendly neighborhood walking tank, though.

13. - Top - End - #163

Rose races along with Star for the Thunderbird.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Love doesn't seem to be getting any resistance on the radio? She can hear the machinegun fire. Horse chocolate! He got spotted. There is no explosion. The bullets stop firing?

Love says in a serious tone, "There should have been an explosion by now. Scope has some more time before the spell wears off. Hold for now."

Love wires an order to her scoutbot to go look out the window then return as soon as it sees a flying ship.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

From 'buzzkill' to 'roadkill'. Ow. And here he'd just healed there.

Sniper scrabbled for a hold on the aircraft. The bomb had to be planted. Get the job done.

Show

Unless I'm missing something, Brawling has no default. Did you mean grappling?

Here's a standard roll. Sniper's DEX is 12 if that helps.
    (3d6)[6][2][4](12)

16. - Top - End - #166

frown Re: Celestia's Finest: Sunshine for Days

Star and Rose race into the Thunderbird. "Get to the comms!" Star orders Rose, "Raise the Commander. Tell him what's happening. I don't think our signals are getting through."

-----------

Love's bug pops outside just in time to see Sniper completely miss the gunship and tumble through the air. The gunship comes around for another pass. But it stops short of another charge.

"Lt. Sniper Scope of the EDF," the loudspeaker booms, " You are an enemy of Lord Polaris. Surrender or be destroyed."

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Star and Rose race into the Thunderbird. "Get to the comms!" Star orders Rose, "Raise the Commander. Tell him what's happening. I don't think our signals are getting through."
    "Should I even bother then?" Rose asks. She runs to the chair and jumps on the comm controls anyway because really what can you do but try something and hope you succeed.

"Harrier to Wildcat, Harrier to Wildcat. We are under attack by a hostile gunboat. Repeat, we are under attack."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #168

There is no reply to Rose's hails. Star begins warming up the engines.

19. - Top - End - #169

Rose tries other EDF channels, "This is Harrier Squad, we are under attack, please acknowledge."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Right. Like he was just going to roll over and play dead for Polaris after all that he'd been through. There was as much chance of that happening as Wildcat retiring to a ballet troupe.

Since the alien wouldn't be able to hear him, Sniper drove the point home nonverbally: he popped the pin on his explosive grenade and chucked it at the alien's face.

The Thunderbird better get in the air soon...

Show

Time for two big gambles.

Will:
    (3d6)[6][2][1](9) VS 13

Throwing:
    (3d6)[3][3][1](7) VS 15/16 (11 Skill +4 All Out Attack +1 Extra Effort?)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Distraction time. Brazen moves opposite of those heading for the 'Bird riot shield held aloft. Taking advantage of the ship focusing on Sniper a few shots ring out at the ship's engine compartment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lets go with 5 rounds of the armor piercing.
    Shotgun (3d6)[9] vs 20 (base 17 + targeting program + 1 rate of fire + (bonuses I'm probably forgetting) - distance)
    Not sure if any of the things Love did to this shotgun make the recoil better but assuming default recoil for every 4 points I beat the DC is an extra round that hits.

Damage would be 4d+4 pi+ (2) per round.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    As far as I know there is nothing that helps with recoil (besides better aim). Brazen's weapon mount does get rid of the the rather major move & attack penalty so our team (besides Rose) is very mobile.

Grenades. The wrong type of grenades. Gunfire. Love pushes away from her console. "Night, I believe you've got this covered! I'm going to go upgrade the situation. Yell if you need me!" Love runs off toward the window her ScoutBot flew. If she reaches there fast enough to fire off a shot she will.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-02-23 at 07:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

The grenade is perfectly timed. It hits the canopy and explodes. The sheer force of it turns the glass into a spiderweb of cracks, though it doesn’t shatter. It’s better designed than that. But the fox is blind now. He immediately begins ascending.

Brazen’s shots are well-aimed and the first two hit. Even though they are armor-piercing, they don’t seem to get good penetration. But a bit of smoke comes off the engine regardless. They hit something important.

Rose finally gets something of a response. “Ha---r Squ-d! -----is------hawk! Co---in!”

Love makes it to the window, though not in time to fire off a shot this round.

24. - Top - End - #174

"we are under attack by enemy aircraft. Repeat under attack by enemy aircraft," Rose says into the radio. "Request air support. Request air support."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

He wasn't fast enough to keep up with an airship. Augmentation or mechanical assistance that he didn't have would be required for such a feat.

Instead, Sniper drew his rifle, slower and clumsier than he'd like given his airborne status, and readied himself to open fire.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen clicks his tongue. Definitely needed to find something that can deal with armor when his explosives couldn't reach. He reorients for the ships new altitude and continues firing trying to hit any sensitive or otherwise less armored spots.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lets go with 5 rounds of the armor piercing again. Engine is probably the most likely but going for the weapons if they aren't to small wouldn't be out of the question.
    Shotgun (3d6)[8] 23 (base 17 + 5 (equipment bonuses) + 1 rate of fire - distance)
    Again every 4 that beats DC is another bullet that hits.

Damage would be 4d+4 pi+ (2) per round.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Love runs up to the window on her backlegs and slings her laser rifle around her shoulder to point at the ship.

Her hud marks and zooms in on Scope then the apparent battle damage on the fox's canopy. The glass may not be military grade? The plan was to try to blind the ship, but it looks like Scope is one step ahead of her. If the glass isn't military grade, Love might be able to make some shots that count. She'd like to to take a shot into the cracked canopy, but if the angle is impossible, she'll flail some lasers toward Brazen's targeted engine hoping to get lucky.

Night Skye's glass. She doubts it's modern so she expects her laser to pass straight through without any interference.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Laser Rifle
    (3d6)[12] vs 20 = 13 (Beam Weapons) +5 (Weapon) + 2 (RoF 10) +/- Other(s)

Rcl 1; (2) burn; (10) vs non-laser resistant transparent material (Ultra p.114)
    (5d6)[16]
    (5d6)[7]
    (5d6)[20]
    (5d6)[15]
    (5d6)[23]
    (5d6)[17]
    (5d6)[9]
    (5d6)[11]
    (5d6)[13]
    (5d6)[14]

28. - Top - End - #178

"C.....that. Lost contact and....nder Wil...t sent us over. Oh ...! Signal is getting...onger."

----------

The ship is now even farther away and harder to hit, but another two shots strike the armor. The engine begins to smoke heavily as sparks fly and it goes into automatic shutdown. Thus, the rate of the ascent is lessened.

Love's attack, on the other hand, leaves a few burning holes in the glass canopy, but are blocked by it. That glass was laser resistant. Night Skye's offers no resistance whatsoever.

The ship continues to climb, best it can. No change in course.

29. - Top - End - #179

"C.....that. Lost contact and....nder Wil...t sent us over. Oh ...! Signal is getting...onger.
    "Appraise Wildcat."

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    The ship continues to climb, best it can. No change in course.
    "How are you on starting up this Cuisinart?" Rose asks Star. "Looks like they got that gunboat on the ropes."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Brazen did some work on that engine! Love switches tactics and tries shooting the other engine out.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Laser Rifle
    (3d6)[15] vs 20 = 13 (Beam Weapons) +5 (Weapon) + 2 (RoF 10) +/- Other(s)

Rcl 1;
    (5d6)[18] (2) burn
    (5d6)[19] (2) burn
    (5d6)[18] (2) burn
    (5d6)[17] (2) burn
    (5d6)[19] (2) burn
    (5d6)[28] (2) burn
    (5d6)[17] (2) burn
    (5d6)[22] (2) burn
    (5d6)[21] (2) burn
    (5d6)[20] (2) burn