New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Optimization Timeline

For a while now I've wanted to create a timeline of the achievements of the Dungeons and Dragons community in the form of a Timeline, just to be able to see how that particular facet of the game has evolved.

FORMATTING
    When I can only find a year, an item will be listed at the end of the year.
    PRE-3.X
    1985 or 1986- Eric and the Dread Gazebo
    November 1987- Tucker's Kobolds described in Dragon Magazine #127
    1995- Player's Options: Skills&Powers opens up a new realm of MinMaxing

July 23, 2002- Oberoni Fallacy introduced by user Oberoni on Wizards D&D forum

June 2003- D&D 3.5 Introduced: a Golden Age of Optimization dawns
    2003- Pun-Pun created by Khan_the_Destroyer on the Wizards D&D forums
    2003- Twice-Betrayer of Shar created by LordofPRocrastination on Wizard D&D forum

January 11, 2004- snow_savant posts the Fighter-20 on the Wizards &D forum
    February 21, 2004- That Damn Crab on the Wizards site
    November 18, 2004- Frank & K. posts the Wish and the Word for an optimization contest on the Wizards D&D forum

May 1, 2005- Weapons of Legacy suck
    June 5, 2005- LordofProcrastionation introduces the 100^10 optimization challenge on the Wizards D&D forum
    August 24, 2005 Zemyla creates the Totally Overpowered Basketweaver (to take out LoP's Twice-Betrayer of Shar)
    December 3, 2005- LordofProcrastination creates the Omniscifier on the Wizards D&D forum in response to Pun-Pun
    2005- Tleilaxu_Ghola's Terminator created on Wizards D&D forum
    2005- surreal's first list on Wizards D&D forum

January 10, 2006- The first That Lanky Bugger story
    February 27, 2006- Tleilaxu_Ghola creates the Psionic Sandwich on the Wizards D&D forum
    March 14, 2006- Tome of Magic released
    May 15, 2006- Stormwind Fallacy introduced by user Tempest_Stormwind on Wizards D&D forum
    May 30, 2006- caelic posts Jack B. Quick on the Wizards D&D forum
    June 22, 2006- Caelic posts Bunko's Bargain Basement on the Wizards D&D forum
    July 24, 2006- Tleilaxu-Ghola's Temporal Workshop
    August 8, 2006- Tome of Battle released
    September 2006- Planar Shepherd
    2006- Stupid Monsters someone was paid to make = the best job by Jared Hindman
    2006- loneknife posts Experience is a River on the Wizards D&D forum

February 2, 2007- One of the earlies instances of the Commoner Railgun is posted on the GitP forum
    June 27, 2007- Dictum_Mortuum creates the Basketweaver's Handbook
    August 2007- WotC announces 4E
    October 5, 2007- Bassetking creates the 1d2 Crusader on the GitP forum
    October 7, 2007- SilverClawShift begins what becomes the first SilverClawShift Campaign journal
    September 19, 2007- Fax Celestis posts that Pseudonatural Paragon Damn Crab on the GitP forum
    2007- Treantmonk's Guide to Wizards: Being a God is posted on the Wizards D&D forums
    2007- caedrus creates the Jumplomancer on the Wizards D&D forum
    2007- surreal posts the Lists of Stuff on the Wizards D&D forum
    2007- Chuck E. Cheese created on Wizards D&D forum
    2007- snizor posts Living in a Flying Box on the Wizards D&D forum

May 13 2008- Saph posts the Horizon Tripper on the GitP forum
    May 16, 2008- Ejothims achieves 1,067,212 attacks in a single action on BG
    May 17 2008- tsuyoshikentsu reposts ridiculous cohort shenanigans on BG
    June 2008- A 4E build is created that defeats the toughest monster in the 4E books
    July 6, 2008- JaronK posts the Tier System for Classes on the MinMax Boards
    August 28, 2008- Caelic posts the first Iron Chef on BG
    December 1, 2008- Oldest thread I can find Emperor Tippy talking about Tippyverse on gitp, although it looks like it was first called that by hewhosaysfish, and it sounds like something Tippy had already established.
    December 14, 2008- DeAnno creates the Mailman on the Wizards D&D forum

January 7, 2009- JeminiZero creates the Emerald Legion on the GitP forum
    February 6, 2009- Eldariel reposts Being Batman: the Logic Ninja's Guide to Wizards on the GitP forum
    June 4, 2009- Test of Spite is created by Doc Roc on the GitP forum
    July 31, 2009- Gr1illedcheese posts Why Each Class is in its Tier on BG
    October 12, 2009- Fishy posts the Dream of Metal on the GitP forum
    September 1, 2009- Olo Demonsbane kills himself while fighting 9mm in a Test of Spite match (bounced Mortalbane Voracious Dispelling)
    September 10, 2009- sonofzeal creates Bubs the Commoner on the GitP forum
    September 11, 2009- The first Dysfunctional Rules Thread "Wait, that didn't work right" - the Dysfunctional Rules Collection is posted by Firechanter on the GitP forum
    September 21, 2009- Person_Man creates X stat to Y bonus on the GitP forum
    September 21, 2009- Test of Spite, Olo Demonsbane vs. PhoenixRivers. Olo fails a Will save vs. death urge, delivering 44756 damage to himself
    September 22, 2009- ShnekkeytheLost's Takahashi no Onisan wins in Test of Spite
    2009- Wizards Gleemax migration

January 4, 2010- Darrin creates the Archon of Nine on the GitP forum
    February 18, 2010- First Iron Chef Optimisation Challenge on the GitP forum with Heliomance as chairwoman
    April 6, 2010- Darrin posts Shax's Indispensable Haversack on the GitP forum
    August 10, 2010- Doc_Roc posts his "Commodore Guff" magic jar trick
    October 20, 2010- Darrin reposts Cindy by Karsh, popularized by Emperor Tippy, on the GitP forum
    September 2010- Beholder Mage

October 30, 2011- BrilliantGameologists nuked out of existance by spam attacks at about 5am board time
    November 7, 2011- MinMax Board launched
    November 8, 2011- Definitive Guide to the Tippyverse created by Emperor Tippy on GitP forum
    December 8, 2011- First Zinc Saucier competition on GitP forum with motoko's ghost as chairman
    December 31, 2011- Dictum_Mortuum preserves LordofProcrastination's Dirty Tricks Handbook.

February 14, 2012- Zonugal posts the Commoner Handbook on the GitP forum
    May 10, 2012- Captnq's work on the EVD begins
    September 23, 2012- Arcanist posts The Stuffy Doll Vs the PLayground Challenge. V.1 is defeated in 2 minutes. Later versions take CONSIDERABLY longer.
    October 18th, 2012- toapat posts the Ultimate Tarrasque on the GitP forum
    October 29, 2012- Sgt. Cookie posts the Dread Blossom Swarm Symbiote on the GitP forum
    December 28, 2012- Anthrowhale posts the ExFighter on the GitP forum
    December 29, 2012- Afroakuma creates the first Planar Questions Thread
    December 2012- Crystalkeep's downfall
    2012- First Weekly Optimization Showcse by Tempest_Stormwind and his Gaming group
    2012- New terrible Wizards forum latyout

March 30, 2013- Captnq posts the Noob Handbook to BG
    April 15, 2013- Cruiser 1 posts Priya the Prismatic Priestess on the GitP forum
    April 30, 2013- Anthrowhale's The Stutter Caster is posted on the GitP forum, inspired by dextercovia's attacks on the ExFighter
    May 29, 2013- Tippy's Terrifically Terrible Trial
    August 4, 2013- Vadskye posts the Seventy-Five Theses on the Design and Brokenness of Spells on the GitP forum
    November 28, 2013- Dalebert posts the Implications of Witches on the GitP forum
    November 29, 2013- Version b0.01 of the Encyclopedia Vinculum Draconis released by Captnq on the MinMax Boards

January 18, 2014- Snowbluff creates the Snowbluff Axiom on the GitP forum
    March 19, 2014- Kazudo creates the first Junkyard Wars in the Playground on the GitP forum
    June 11, 2014- Grod_The_Giant posts Grod's Law on the GitP forum

Feel free to contribute more or correct dates. I'm really interested in expanding this, so please help! I don't mind adding anyone's handbooks, I just want to put everything I can. I'll add links later.

If you would like your name to be removed just inform me and I'll do so.
    Last edited by Irk; 2014-07-13 at 10:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Optimization Timeline

We should probably mention something about the more prominent character guides, such as Being Batman: TLN's Guide to Wizards, Treantmonk's Guide Playing a God, and Sir Giacomo's Guide to Partially Charged Wands.
    Last edited by Juntao112; 2014-06-16 at 05:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

MonkGuy

Well, how about:

1973-2003 thousands of people play D&D for fun without ever hearing the word ''optimization''.

1989-2000 hundreds of people play horrible unbalanced 2E, but even with a character that has, for example less then ten in all ability scores, has fun. There are a dozen or so people that don't have fun, and sadly most of them go on the write 3E.

4. - Top - End - #4

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Well, how about:

1973-2003 thousands of people play D&D for fun without ever hearing the word ''optimization''.

1989-2000 hundreds of people play horrible unbalanced 2E, but even with a character that has, for example less then ten in all ability scores, has fun. There are a dozen or so people that don't have fun, and sadly most of them go on the write 3E.
    This seems unnecessarily sarcastic. The denizens of online forums for D&D optimization probably only make up a small percentage of players. Thousands of people STILL play D&D for fun without caring about optimization, and the reason for the 2E 3E changeover wasn't just satisfaction but also a change in publisher. You'll notice that no 3.e material wears that pretty TSR logo anymore, and WoTC is just doing to D&D what WoTC does to everything: it is prolific. Why lean on all the 3rd party stuff in the world when you can MAKE the 3rd party content?

Eh? EHH???

5. - Top - End - #5

ClericGuy

There is a thread here that came to the conclusion that Dragonwrought Kobolds are not true dragons, I belive that should be on your list.

6. - Top - End - #6

Well, how about:

Shall I get off your lawn?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, how about:

1973-2003 thousands of people play D&D for fun without ever hearing the word ''optimization'', and a select few of these thousand (isn't that a fraction of a %-tage of D&D players, thereby unintentionally claiming that optimizers are the overwhelming majority, or am I over estimating the global player basis?) feel compelled to point this out in optimization threads.
    Fixed that for you.

No one is forcing you to play 3rd edition, or force you to post about it on a forum.
    Last edited by Boci; 2014-06-16 at 05:39 PM.
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

You should probably put information about Mailman/Cindy builds as well. They mark an interesting shift back to 'casters dealing damage' being a thing, and away from save-ors.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Iron Chef and Test of Spite challenges should be mentioned.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

10. - Top - End - #10

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah, Iron Chef at BG should be mentioned, with another mention of Iron Chef itP and its spinoffs.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Also worth mentioning, August 2007 WOTC announces fourth edition, and since many people complained about 3E's lack of balance, an important design factor is to create a very balanced game. In June 2008, just before the game is released, optimizers respond by creating a mid-level 4E character that by RAW easily defeats the toughest (level 30+) monster in the book.

(edit) other famous charop builds to include are the Jumplomancer, the King of Smack, and the Hulking Hurler; and then there was the Gestalt Challenge right here at the GiantITP forums.
    Last edited by Kurald Galain; 2014-06-16 at 05:57 PM.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Pre history a long time ago- somebody realizes sharpening the stick is better and so optimization begins

13. - Top - End - #13

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Pre history a long time ago- somebody realizes sharpening the stick is better and so optimization begins
    Pre history, slightly more recent- Somebody begins arguing that sticks are horribly unoptimized and explores the use of broken rock fragments.

Last edited by Kazudo; 2014-06-16 at 06:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Well, how about:

If you think optimization is a thing that started with 3rd edition D&D, then you aren't nearly the grizzled gaming veteran that you're trying to appear to be.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

This isn't exactly what the OP was asking about, but there's some data I'd love to see, just as a timeline of the evolution of 3.5ed play:

- The average CR gap that parties successfully defeat without casualties as a function of time
    - The average value of various statistics (martial ACs, damage per round, etc) as a function of time
    - The average value of characters' highest stat as a function of level and time
    - The average character level as a function of time

I think it'd be neat to see how the style of playing the game has itself evolved, and it'd be useful data in designing future games to be able to take into account the increase in player skill over a decade of play.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

- Crystalkeep taken down.
    - birth of dndtools.eu

17. - Top - End - #17

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Tomes series of books released. That's a big one.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Juntao112 View Post
    We should probably mention something about the more prominent character guides, such as Being Batman: TLN's Guide to Wizards, Treantmonk's Guide Playing a God, and Sir Giacomo's Guide to Partially Charged Wands.
    Added

Well, how about:

Every type of event is welcome, please don't be sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post
    There is a thread here that came to the conclusion that Dragonwrought Kobolds are not true dragons, I belive that should be on your list.
    Will add when I can find it

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    You should probably put information about Mailman/Cindy builds as well. They mark an interesting shift back to 'casters dealing damage' being a thing, and away from save-ors.
    added
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Iron Chef and Test of Spite challenges should be mentioned.
    added
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazudo View Post
    Yeah, Iron Chef at BG should be mentioned, with another mention of Iron Chef itP and its spinoffs.
    added, looking for the BG one
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Also worth mentioning, August 2007 WOTC announces fourth edition, and since many people complained about 3E's lack of balance, an important design factor is to create a very balanced game. In June 2008, just before the game is released, optimizers respond by creating a mid-level 4E character that by RAW easily defeats the toughest (level 30+) monster in the book.

(edit) other famous charop builds to include are the Jumplomancer, the King of Smack, and the Hulking Hurler; and then there was the Gestalt Challenge right here at the GiantITP forums.
    added
    Quote Originally Posted by NichG View Post
    This isn't exactly what the OP was asking about, but there's some data I'd love to see, just as a timeline of the evolution of 3.5ed play:

- The average CR gap that parties successfully defeat without casualties as a function of time
    - The average value of various statistics (martial ACs, damage per round, etc) as a function of time
    - The average value of characters' highest stat as a function of level and time
    - The average character level as a function of time

I think it'd be neat to see how the style of playing the game has itself evolved, and it'd be useful data in designing future games to be able to take into account the increase in player skill over a decade of play.
    Certainly would be fascinating, but the general shape of the graph could be predicted, and it would be quite difficult to chart that
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel7284 View Post
    - Crystalkeep taken down.
    - birth of dndtools.eu
    added
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazudo View Post
    The Tomes series of books released. That's a big one.
    added

If you have dates for these, feel free to post

19. - Top - End - #19

Cindy was primarily created by Karsh. I made it popular but it wasn't my build. My version of that type of build for that particular game was actually worse as it used massive amounts of negative levels but it was fine as both of those builds were developed in conjunction and to work as a team.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    Cindy was primarily created by Karsh. I made it popular but it wasn't my build. My version of that type of build for that particular game was actually worse as it used massive amounts of negative levels but it was fine as both of those builds were developed in conjunction and to work as a team.
    Thanks, I'll credit Karsh. Is there anything else of yours I should add?

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysis View Post
    Thanks! added.

There may be lengthy-ish periods of time between when I update this, but it will happen. I do have finals to attend to, though.
    Last edited by Irk; 2014-06-16 at 08:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

To be added:
    Gazebo Jones
    Any Campaign Jounrals, suggest some
    more handbooks (Dictuum Mortuum, etc)
    That Damn Crab (that damn pseudo natural crab?)
    more builds (chicken infested, festering anger, running guy)
    optimization by the numbers, Incarnate by the numbers
    Last edited by Irk; 2014-06-16 at 09:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

2-27-2006: Tleilaxu_Ghola posts the "Psionic Sandwich" trick.

6-22-2006: Caelic posts the original Bunko's Bargain Basement thread on the wizards board.

12-1-2008: Oldest thread I can find Emperor Tippy talking about Tippyverse on gitp, although it looks like it was first called that by hewhosaysfish, and it sounds like something Tippy had already established.

5-11-2009: dark_samurai posts the Utility Belt on BG.

9-21-2009: Test of Spite, Olo Deathsbane vs. PhoenixRivers. Olo fails a Will save vs. death urge, delivering 44756 damage to himself. While this isn't anywhere near a World Record for damage, this is probably the one battle from Test of Spite that anyone can clearly remember.

8-10-2010: Doc_Roc posts his "Commodore Guff" magic jar trick.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    12-1-2008: Oldest thread I can find Emperor Tippy talking about Tippyverse on gitp, although it looks like it was first called that by hewhosaysfish, and it sounds like something Tippy had already established.
    Not sure who called it the Tippyverse first but yeah, I was talking about the idea way before that. Like more than a year pre board change over when a ton of posts were eaten. I actually had a campaign in it hosted on these boards but that got eaten as well.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

The name of the competition where you emulate a class without using any levels in it is the Zinc Saucier.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Bassetking's 1d2 Crusader was cut down from level 15 to level thirteen within hours, and brought below level 10 within three days if IIRC.

Valhalla (Level 20 arena matchup) likely isn't going to make the books, as it involved a high Cha 'Handle DM' check and a melee-r taking 1st before rules arguments brought it down.

I'll second the Mailman addition, and make a motion for a flowering of the Warmage (Rainbow Servant) unless that's too basic.

If we're going for a full timeline, who was it that first broke down the argument between Greatsword and Greataxe?
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    2-27-2006: Tleilaxu_Ghola posts the "Psionic Sandwich" trick.

6-22-2006: Caelic posts the original Bunko's Bargain Basement thread on the wizards board.

5-11-2009: dark_samurai posts the Utility Belt on BG.

9-21-2009: Test of Spite, Olo Deathsbane vs. PhoenixRivers. Olo fails a Will save vs. death urge, delivering 44756 damage to himself. While this isn't anywhere near a World Record for damage, this is probably the one battle from Test of Spite that anyone can clearly remember.

8-10-2010: Doc_Roc posts his "Commodore Guff" magic jar trick.
    Added. The test of spite was same day as X stat to Y bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    Not sure who called it the Tippyverse first but yeah, I was talking about the idea way before that. Like more than a year pre board change over when a ton of posts were eaten. I actually had a campaign in it hosted on these boards but that got eaten as well.
    Wow, I would have loved to read that campaign. Too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svata View Post
    The name of the competition where you emulate a class without using any levels in it is the Zinc Saucier.
    Thanks! Added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seffbasilisk View Post
    Bassetking's 1d2 Crusader was cut down from level 15 to level thirteen within hours, and brought below level 10 within three days if IIRC.

Valhalla (Level 20 arena matchup) likely isn't going to make the books, as it involved a high Cha 'Handle DM' check and a melee-r taking 1st before rules arguments brought it down.

I'll second the Mailman addition, and make a motion for a flowering of the Warmage (Rainbow Servant) unless that's too basic.

If we're going for a full timeline, who was it that first broke down the argument between Greatsword and Greataxe?
    Greataxe v. Greatsword would be good, not sure what you mean by rainbow servant, but I'm sure it could be added. Valhalla I can't find.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

King of Smack was originally done by LordShade.

8-24-2005: Zemyla posts the Totally Overpowered Basketweaver (to take out LoP's Twice-Betrayer of Shar).

6-27-2007: Basketweaver's Handbook posted by Dictum_Mortuum.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say the Commoner Handbook deserves a mention. Perhaps not the most famous, but very well thought-out and thorough.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Optimization Related
    1. Team Solar(not the original thread), by douglas (i think?)
    2. Chuck E. Cheese, by skydragonknight
    3. Assplomancer
    4. ExFighter, by anthrowhale
    5. Stutter Caster, by anthrowhale
    6. Stuffy Doll vs. the Playground, by Arcanist
    7. Shax's Haversack
    8. Dirty Trick Handbook fixes, by PlzBreakMyCampaign
    9. Tier System for PrC, started by sonofzeal
    10. Tier System for Templates, by snakeman830

EDIT: In hindsight, we already do have a Famous Optimized Character Builds thread. So it's either a good place to look at if you still want to add some, or skip it entirely.

not really optimization related
    1. Bubs the Commoner
    2. E6 (and the E6 Balor challenge *shrugs* probably)
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2014-06-17 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.