New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: House of X

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default House of X

House of X...it is good!

I say this as an X-Men fan who adores the X-Men but also has given up on the comics years ago. Well people tell me I should read House of X, and they are right
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: House of X

Is this a separate comics title, or a story arc, or something else?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Is this a separate comics title, or a story arc, or something else?
    It is a new story arc of X-Men done by Jonathan Hickman and company (Written by Jonathan Hickman, Art by Pepe Larraz, Cover by
    Pepe Larraz.)

It started July 24, 2019 and it is going to go till Oct 9th, 2019 (though Hickman says it is going to have effects that last a couple of years in the Marvel, and he has ideas for stories that follow.)

It will take place in 2 different comic lines House of X and Powers of X each 6 comics long, and they will be published bi-weekly ( every fortnight
    ) but since there are 2 lines they are alternating bi-week so new content every week for 12 weeks.

The guy in the helmet is Professor X and he has new plans for mutantkind and thus everyone on Earth.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I gave up on the X-men due to the unending misery of pretty much everything after House of M. Last I saw, Professor X had been dead for while, Nate Grey had whisked most surviving mutants into a fantasy land he created, and the few mutants in the real world suffered Nazi Germany amounts of persecution while Cyclops and Wolverine did what little they could. I'm morbidly curious about how we got from there to here.

House of X sounds kinda interested and I like the art better than the last dark, digital issues I saw, but I'm not getting into it until I'm sure it's not setup for yet another "everyone hates and wants to exterminate the mutants, there is no hope" storyline.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Ramza00
    It is a new story arc of X-Men done by Jonathan Hickman and company....
    Okay, thanks. Is it just me, or is the whole Marvel Girl thing very retro?

Originally Posted by Narkis
    I gave up on the X-men due to the unending misery of pretty much everything after House of M.
    I stopped reading X-Men in the early 90s, so you're a lot more current than I am. I'm not sure if I've even heard of Nate Grey.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, thanks. Is it just me, or is the whole Marvel Girl thing very retro?
    Lots of the designs of character were retro, for example Creed / Sabretooth and Mystique were wearing older costumes. And the use of old costumes was unsettling, just like the Prof. X costume is un settling for it reminds you of the Maker from the Ultimate comics.

I stopped reading X-Men in the early 90s, so you're a lot more current than I am. I'm not sure if I've even heard of Nate Grey.
    Nate Grey is an Age of Apocalypse world survivor (thus a 90s creation). He is a creation of Jean Grey and Scott Summers DNA by Mr. Sinister and thus is similar to Cable if Cable did not get the techno-virus, time travel etc (technically Cable is the son of Madeline Pryor not Jean Grey.)

[QUOTEA=Narkis] I gave up on the X-men due to the unending misery of pretty much everything after House of M. [/QUOTE]

So lots of the stuff that was House of M happened due to dozens of reasons. The culture shifted after 9/ 11 and the then Marvel wanted specific style of X-Men stories. Superheros becoming popular in the 00s, Disney acquiring Marvel yet the X-Men rights belonging to Fox, who do you promote with all these different movie rights, Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.

But there was also the Grant Morrison 41 Comic X-Men run with New X-Men (May 2001 – March 2004) and 2005's House of M+2006 No More Mutants / Decimation was meant to reset the choices of Grant Morrison X-Men.

Well it seems this new X-Men run which will relaunch several X-Men properties sees inspired and influenced by Morrison New X-Men.

And there are a lot of subtle foreshadowing all throughout the first House of X issue, and Hickman knows how to do this for he used to be in graphic design and advertising. For example.

Spoiler: Spoilers about the first issue and 2 of the characters
    Show
    We see 2 stepford cuckoo with the humans and they casually name drop their names and then we are introduced to Ambassador Magneto.

It happened so fast but the 2 stepford cuckoo revealed their names, and they are Sophie and Esme aka the 2 stepford cuckoo that were previous dead. Hell they were dead for over 15 years now for all 5 stepford cuckoo were Grant Morrison creation and in his 3.5 year run he killed Sophie and Esme, thus most of the time we see the Stepford Cuckoo in the last 18 years there has only been 3 alive.

Well this told me instantly everything is on the table.

So who knows if the final product is going to be good or not Narkis. Your thoughts parallel my own. But all I know s this new X-Men is going to be very different from the last 14 years or so of comics.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-07-29 at 09:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Professor Xavier has been alive since 2017: His soul was found trapped by the Shadow King and Fantomex basically agreed of his own will to swap places, letting Xavier ride back to earth in his body while he stayed in the Astral Plane(this is emphatically Phantomex's choice.)

Xavier eventually created a new body for himself--a young, healthy version of his original, and went by X for a bit.

Hickman's run, which is starting with these two minis and will continue with Dawn of X, which will be Published in the titles X-Men, New Mutants, Excalibur, Fallen Angels(starring the anti-heroes, including the psychich ninja who Psylock switched bodies with forever ago as the new Psylocke, Betsy's inheriting the Captain Britain Title from her brother,) Marauders(about X-Men on the seas, not Sinister's lackies,) and X-Force.

Also, Apocalypse is one of the good guys now.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, it wasn't that long ago that I quit, but I'd been reading more put of habit these past few years than genuine enjoyment.

Nate Grey is the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey from the Age of Apocalypse. He's a full-on reality warper, comparable to Legion at his peak. Mr. Sinister raised him to take Apocalypse's place, he was rescued by the X-Men, stuff happened, and he accidentally planeshifted into the main reality. For a while he'd been a slightly confused hero, and kind of a Jesus figure, but in the end he decided he didn't like this earth, and he could do a better job running it. He created his Four Horsemen, made a mess, and in the climactic battle he transported every single mutant he could reach into his fantasy land. The few remaining mutants suffered a brutal backlash for his actions. And that's pretty much where I stopped reading.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Spoiler: Spoilers about the first issue and 2 of the characters
    Show
    We see 2 stepford cuckoo with the humans and they casually name drop their names and then we are introduced to Amassador Magneto.

It happened so fast but the 2 stepford cuckoo revealed their names, and they are Sophie and Esme aka the 2 stepford cuckoo that were previous dead. He'll they were dead for over 15 years now for all 5 stepford cuckoo were Grant Morrison creation and in his 3.5 year run he killed Sophie and Esme.

Well this told me instantly everything is on the table.

So who knows if the final product is going to be good or not Narkis. Your thoughts parallel my own. But all I know s this new X-Men is going to be very different from the last 14 years or so of comics.
    Interesting. The period where Emma and Cyclops ran the school together before all **** hit the fan is probably my favourite. I hope this means we'll get back to stories about mutants struggling to fit in instead of struggling to stay alive another day.
    Last edited by Narkis; 2019-07-29 at 08:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

It wasn't so much that he decided he didn't like earth and thought he could do it better so much as he found out he was dying, decided to try and do his damndest to make sure that Eart 616 didn't end up his home reality so he used the Life Seed to turbocharge his powers, but he kind of went crazy and decided that he was a god in the process and kind of went about saving the world in the least efficient way possible.

On the other hand... Age of X-Man: The Extremists gave us one of the most touching romance stories in recent comic book history and Age of X-Man: Apocalypse and the X-Tracts gave us this...
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur himself
    Hnh. The end is coming... whatever your reasons for joining me, help me save this world. Help me save other worlds from me.
    This is Apocalypse, who did not get his memories changed, stating that he doesn't want X-Man's fantasy world to end, because while he's still playing the villain in X-Man's fantasy that he vastly prefers being a free-love pseudo-communist* leading a non-violent protest movement over going back to the monster he used to be because preaching about love has lead him to understand the value of love and compassion.

That's the last thing anyone ever expected and it's so a mind-screw, man.

*X-Man has issues with being a test tube baby, with close personal relationships driving people apart,, and with having unknowingly commited incest that one time(He used to date what he later found out was the ghost of a clone of his mom's native counterpart.) He projected these issues in his fantasy world and thus outlawed sex, romance, associating with family, and close interpersonal relationships. Supposedly everyone native to the world he created are test-tube babies. As the villain of the story, Apocalypse was made to support the things Nate demonized.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah the whole Nate / X-Man, Apocalypse, Cable, Sinister thing is mind boggling complicated for all 4 of them are each other's traumas due to time travel and universe travel from one universe to another.

Literally they need to get away from each other and recreate child memories, but they can't...time's arrow only marches forward and even with time machines and reality warping powers one can not escape the mind. What is the paradise lost quote again?

"The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n."

But what happens when trauma causes the mind to recreate its nightmares when one tries to create paradise?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

It's nice to see Johnathan Hickman at Marvel again, and if you're signalling hard that the years of X-Men being worn down and begrudgingly pushed to the margins along with the FF due to the whole decades of fighting with Fox getting the marquis writer from the last big push on the Avengers makes a lot of sense.

The last X-Men thing I read was the start of the story-line where they brought the original X-Men into the Marvel present. Which I liked, if only because it gave Jean Grey a chance at a more modern-comics characterization which I appreciated.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I'm morbidly curious about how we got from there to here.
    Well, Marvel has their toys back as far as the movie rights, and Inhumans flopped hard, so they've given up on trying to strangle anything mutant-related in its comicbook cradle so as to spite Fox and are actually making an effort with the brand again.

...Oh wait, did you mean how did we get here in-universe? Beats me, and I doubt it matters
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

I like Hickman, but he either doesn't get some characters or willfully writes them out of character to get the story he wants. It was really bad with Cap in his Avengers run, and you can see it with Cyclops in this issue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, the X-men are coming off as super evil in this issue. Not sure how much of that is intentional. It's always funny to see Magneto of all people trying to claim the moral high ground about how mutants have never attacked anyone when he personally has attempted to genocide all of humanity several dozen times.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Well, Marvel has their toys back as far as the movie rights, and Inhumans flopped hard, so they've given up on trying to strangle anything mutant-related in its comicbook cradle so as to spite Fox and are actually making an effort with the brand again.

...Oh wait, did you mean how did we get here in-universe? Beats me, and I doubt it matters
    And they did that with the Inhumans instead lel. Although I did enjoy that storyline, with Black Bolt's last shout.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Goblin

The first issue was horrible and I cannot comprehend why is everyone acting as if it was some gift to mankind. As always with Hickman, he just makes things that aren't anything to lose your crap about look bigger than they truly are and nevermind he is rehashing old plotlines with Mutant Nation for like 4th time and Sentinels for a millionth, people praise it as some sort of bold new era. While all I see is more swimming in ostalgia and further sings of the franchise middle-age crisis.

The fact the X-Books now just flat out entirely erased Academy X and younger kids (sans X-23 and Quentin Quire, 2 out of 3 characters X-Editorial doesn't seem to hate with passion) from existence and didn't even bother resurrecting those murdered by Matthew Rosenberg in his godawful run, but brought back SABRETOOTH instead, that every single X-Title after this is waxing over nostalgia and going through a checklist who is "popular" over what characters make sense and that an awful writer and homophobe like Ed Brisson got a book while actually good writers from previous years, like Leah Williams, Seanan McGuire, Vita Ayala and Tom Taylor did not, only makes me even more sick of it.

And then there are undertones in the book that creep me out but I do not think we can discuss here.

16. - Top - End - #16

@Man on Fire.

I think you're operating on incomplete information.

If you check the solicit synopsis and released covers for House of X and th following Dawn of X, you'll see that all of the people killed in the most recent Uncanny X-Men have been brought back to life.

Hickman's X-Men roster is 72 poeople strong(with the note that it is not an exhaustive list) and includes pretty much everyone you're complaining about having been erased or left dead.

Characters who haven't been dead for IRL years are alive again.

And people are saying it's new and groundbreaking because X-Men have been a hated minority who are constantly on the brink of extinction since their inception and the very first House of X flat out states that all of the extinction events that crippled the mutant population have been undone and they're legitimately large enough in numbers that the majority of people will be mutants in twenty years if the population growth continues.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    And people are saying it's new and groundbreaking because X-Men have been a hated minority who are constantly on the brink of extinction since their inception and the very first House of X flat out states that all of the extinction events that crippled the mutant population have been undone and they're legitimately large enough in numbers that the majority of people will be mutants in twenty years if the population growth continues.
    Eh, Mutants have only been on the brink of extinction for the last decade or so. Before then they were more believably the coming people who would inherit the Earth. There used to be millions of them and rando new heroes who popped up were pretty likely to be Mutants.

I very much expect this is happening now because all the salt has washed away now Marvel have the rights back.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

We all know that Marvel is never going to change their setting that drastically. It's hard to get too excited about the latest mutant extinction events being undone when we all know that there's another right around the corner. Things might change for a year or two while a few stories run their course, but ultimately the status quo will be maintained. Like always.

Also, it's hard to take Marvel's advertisements of "no really guys, this time we're really making big changes!" when they have such a history of lying in those statements. Remember when Cap was really a secret nazi for his whole history and it wasn't just mind control? Remember when Iron man and Thor were really stepping down for good in favor of Riri and Foster?

It's a whole new "no this time we're changing things for serious!" every few years from them. They're compulsive liars because they know it will sell books.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2019-07-30 at 10:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Remember when Cap was really a secret nazi for his whole history and it wasn't just mind control?
    I mean, the Cap who said "Hail Hydra" was a Secret Nazi his whole life and wasn't mind-controlled.

Marvel didn't say anything about it being a construct made with a Cosmic Cube.

I'm inclined to believe a "no really this time" when the event opens up with the Status Quo already significantly changed, btw.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    We all know that Marvel is never going to change their setting that drastically. It's hard to get too excited about the latest mutant extinction events being undone when we all know that there's another right around the corner. Things might change for a year or two while a few stories run their course, but ultimately the status quo will be maintained. Like always.

Also, it's hard to take Marvel's advertisements of "no really guys, this time we're really making big changes!" when they have such a history of lying in those statements. Remember when Cap was really a secret nazi for his whole history and it wasn't just mind control? Remember when Iron man and Thor were really stepping down for good in favor of Riri and Foster?

It's a whole new "no this time we're changing things for serious!" every few years from them. They're compulsive liars because they know it will sell books.
    I agree and I disagree. I bet we will see lasting changes for at least 3 years (3 years is a number I would be willing to stake money on with a friend as a bet) and I will be willing to bet changes at least 8 years (but this number I would need odds that are not 1:1 for me being right.)

For comparison Grant Morrison was 41 issues (so 3 years) from May 2001 – March 2004. Morrison left on bad terms and Marvel almost instantly (as fast as you can do it with planning out the next arc) changed the Morrison status quo.

"No More Mutants" was House of M #7 (Nov 2005) but it was set up with two events Avengers Disassembled (August 2004 – January 2005) and House of M (June to Nov 2005.) This is because you have to have Scarlet Witch say No More Mutants in Nov 2005, but you need to have her go crazy first in Avengers Disassembled where Wanda's Subconscious is trying to kill everyone who lied to her, and you might as well get a Mutant Event with House of M where after Xavier can't clamp down Wanda's Subconscious (like he did with Jean / Phoenix) some of the Avengers decide maybe we should kill Wanda and thus Pietro her brother talked to her and this created an Alternate Reality that is House of M.

But notice how quickly they undo Morrison's work where Mutants are going to become the new "norm" in the distant future and society needs to adjust to it. Let than 2 years between March 2004 and Nov 2005 and during that time they have 2 major cross over events to set it all up, to set up Decimation and you even get a 3rd big event afterwards with No More Mutants meaning there is only 198 (or so) mutants yet so you can sell more comics showing the Decimation aftermath.

-----

My point with the last 2 paragraphs is depending on how you count we got 13 years 10 months, or 15 years (if you count the set up) of this current style of X-Men / Mutant comics. Why do you doubt Anteros that we couldn't get several years of the opposite?

Of course comics are a cyclical and they will eventually go to the opposite extreme (mutants are safe / powerful / a force in the 616 world to the opposite extreme of mutants are persecuted to the point of extinction) but why do you doubt Anteros that we can't get several years of a new normal, a new status quo?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

I'm inclined to believe a "no really this time" when the event opens up with the Status Quo already significantly changed, btw.
    I'm inclined to believe a "no really this time" when Disney's multi-billion takeover of Fox made renewing the life in their X-Men IP into a straightforward-as-you-can-get directive for the Marvel editors, writers, and artists. This is like being cynical Angela would ever show up in a Marvel comic after buying the rights from Neil Gaiman, like what else were they going to do?

The Mutants are a sizable portion of their universe. Such that they couldn't just shove them into obscurity like the Fantastic Four and they obviously still got comics (some of which were pretty good, to be fair) and some relevancy in the wider world, but they still found as many ways as they could to write around or just go through them nonetheless. If they're going to really recommit to them it's going to need a fundamental paradigm shift in their whole fictional universe and something like a well-publicized Event spinning out into who-knows-how-many individual X-character comics is a start.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-07-30 at 10:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I agree and I disagree. I bet we will see lasting changes for at least 3 years (3 years is a number I would be willing to stake money on with a friend as a bet) and I will be willing to bet changes at least 8 years (but this number I would need odds that are not 1:1 for me being right.)

For comparison Grant Morrison was 41 issues (so 3 years) from May 2001 – March 2004. Morrison left on bad terms and Marvel almost instantly (as fast as you can do it with planning out the next arc) changed the Morrison status quo.

"No More Mutants" was House of M #7 (Nov 2005) but it was set up with two events Avengers Disassembled (August 2004 – January 2005) and House of M (June to Nov 2005.) This is because you have to have Scarlet Witch say No More Mutants in Nov 2005, but you need to have her go crazy first in Avengers Disassembled where Wanda's Subconscious is trying to kill everyone who lied to her, and you might as well get a Mutant Event with House of M where after Xavier can't clamp down Wanda's Subconscious (like he did with Jean / Phoenix) some of the Avengers decide maybe we should kill Wanda and thus Pietro her brother talked to her and this created an Alternate Reality that is House of M.

But notice how quickly they undo Morrison's work where Mutants are going to become the new "norm" in the distant future and society needs to adjust to it. Let than 2 years between March 2004 and Nov 2005 and during that time they have 2 major cross over events to set it all up, to set up Decimation and you even get a 3rd big event afterwards with No More Mutants meaning there is only 198 (or so) mutants yet so you can sell more comics showing the Decimation aftermath.

-----

My point with the last 2 paragraphs is depending on how you count we got 13 years 10 months, or 15 years (if you count the set up) of this current style of X-Men / Mutant comics. Why do you doubt Anteros that we couldn't get several years of the opposite?

Of course comics are a cyclical and they will eventually go to the opposite extreme (mutants are safe / powerful / a force in the 616 world to the opposite extreme of mutants are persecuted to the point of extinction) but why do you doubt Anteros that we can't get several years of a new normal, a new status quo?
    Because mutants struggling on the verge of extinction is the status quo. It's their whole storyline and they tell it over and over and over and over and over. Any change from that is going to be short lived. Especially with a whole new series of X-men movies on the horizon since they got the rights back from Fox. They're going to go back to their most successful stories for the reboots, and they'll ape the movies in the comics just like they did with everything else.

23. - Top - End - #23

Marvel has released a statement that MCU X-Men are going to be based on the Status Quo that Hickman is establishing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Marvel has released a statement that MCU X-Men are going to be based on the Status Quo that Hickman is establishing.
    Yes well, as we've already established...they're lying liars who lie. They have about as much credibility when it comes to Marvel's future plans as your average poster here. Maybe less.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2019-07-31 at 02:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Goblin

@Man on Fire.

I think you're operating on incomplete information.

If you check the solicit synopsis and released covers for House of X and th following Dawn of X, you'll see that all of the people killed in the most recent Uncanny X-Men have been brought back to life.

Hickman's X-Men roster is 72 poeople strong(with the note that it is not an exhaustive list) and includes pretty much everyone you're complaining about having been erased or left dead.
    Yeah, I do not see Blindfold or Loa or Velocidad, nevermind say Icarus, Wallflower or kids killed by Puriffiers terrorist attack anywhere so that is a lie.

26. - Top - End - #26

1. Cypher
    2. X-23
    3. Mercury
    4. Surge
    5. Goldballs
    6. Storm
    7. Jubilee
    8. No-Girl
    9. Pete Wisdom
    10. Kitty Pryde
    11. Wolfsbane
    12. Mystique
    13. Oya
    14. Armor
    15. Anole
    16. Cable
    17. Mondo
    18. Lifeguard
    19. Karma
    20. Iceman
    21. Vulcan
    22. Prestige
    23. Corsair
    24. Forge
    25. Polaris
    26. Magik
    27. Rockslide
    28. Scout
    29. Stepford Cuckoos
    30. Glob
    31. Multiple Man
    32. Sunspot
    33. Psylocke II
    34. Pyro
    35. Havok
    36. Wolverine
    37. Strong Guy
    38. Pixie
    39. Beast
    40. Ernst
    41. Black Tom
    42. Captain Britain III
    43. Penance
    44. Chamber
    45. Rogue
    46. Frenzy
    47. Doop
    48. Magneto
    49. Cyclops
    50. Marvel Girl
    51. Toad
    52. Domino
    53. Sage
    54. Nightcrawler
    55. Gambit
    56. Mirage
    57. Archangel
    58. Bishop
    59. Kid Omega
    60. Emma Frost
    61. Cannonball
    62. Colossus
    63. Boom-Boom
    64. Shark Girl
    65. Hope Summers
    66. Genesis
    67. Dazzler
    68. Maggott
    69. Rictor
    70. Professor X
    71. Captain Britain I
    72. Northstar

This is not an exhaustive list--not mentioned but confirmed to be on various teams are Warlock, Apocalypse, and the rest of the Star Jammers.

You will note that everyone I bolded is someone who was killed off in Uncanny but is inexplicably alive now.

So, the question I have to ask you is... Given that almost everyone who was killed since 2008 is alive and well with several them having explicitly died on screen, what makes you think that the rest of them haven't come back?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

So Power of X is out, and it is a reminder that the X is actually the Roman Numeral 10, and thus we are talking about non sequential time in our storytelling. What is presented to the reader is different moments in time.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

Goblin

This is not an exhaustive list--not mentioned but confirmed to be on various teams are Warlock, Apocalypse, and the rest of the Star Jammers.

You will note that everyone I bolded is someone who was killed off in Uncanny but is inexplicably alive now.

So, the question I have to ask you is... Given that almost everyone who was killed since 2008 is alive and well with several them having explicitly died on screen, what makes you think that the rest of them haven't come back?

Because so far we have not seen any of the Academy X era or younger students AT ALL? Academy X, Gen Hope, kids from Aaron's and Bendis' runs have all been ignored by this whole relaunch, they are not on a single picture of a promo material or a single cover to a single title in a single solicit (X-23 was introduced independently and only later added in and Quentin Quire precedes these books as he is from Grant Morrison's NXM). They've appear to be entirely ERASED by this awful book in favor of, let me see.... 395832095823rd desperate attempt to make old characters young him with mix-match future children. The list you put on is the only, ONLY piece of the promotional material they have put out that acknowledges characters like Surge, Armor, Anole or Rockslide even EXIST. And at this point, I have seen enough of current X-men editorial and creators using them as wallpaper, erasing their development, have them shown as incompetent, useless and job to lamest villains like Fourarms or killed for shock value, while having old guard constantly berate and insult them and their fans and tell us how they are not "real" X-Men, call them constantly children and button-mashers. All while editor Jordan White keeps spewing nonsense how their very existence was a horrible mistake because they make old guard look like 50-years olds. So I can tell you EXACTLY what they're doing. They don't want NXM and younger characters to even be acknowledged, they constantly try to push on a lie they don't sell...but they want them as wallpaper and in these lame collages promo material, just one small concession to lure in naive NXM fans and trick them into buying stories about people they don't care about after being duped to think someone like Pixie will do more than be a face in the background.

And consider Powers of X just tried to sell us impossible nonsense that X-men existed for only 10 years if you don't believe X-Men have an obsession with making old generation be young and hip at all costs.

And characters I specified as seem to have been passed on by resurrection nonsense are STILL NOT on this dumb list. I don't see Blindfold, Loa or Velocidad. So until I actually see them in comics I'm gonna assume X-Men let them rot. Wouldn't be much out of character considering how outright abusive they become to that generation.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    And consider Powers of X just tried to sell us impossible nonsense that X-men existed for only 10 years if you don't believe X-Men have an obsession with making old generation be young and hip at all costs.
    Yeah I noticed that too in Power of X (which stands for Power of 10 and House of 10, but whatever.) I think Sliding Timescales are stupid without constantly priming the user with some form of "attachment points" saying this is year X or year +5 or year +10 for eventually you will get into this type of problem we are now getting into.

In One Place of Sliding Time: Based off the previous attachment points we been given the Marvel Timeline is at least 13 years old of sliding time for the Fantastic Four being created, Ant-Man being created, the Hulk being created, Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man (PP is 15 at this time), Thor is cast down from Asguard, Iron Man is created, and the X-Men Original 5 were recruited. With the OG 5 all of them were in high school with Bobby being the youngest but we are not given precise ages. Thus if Cyclops was 16 then new older Cyclops should be about 29.

In Another Place of Sliding Time: Marvel as a rule has stated they are trying to do 4 to 5 years of real world time with 1 year of in comics time. Thus if we do a 4:1 ratio since 1961 that means it is roughly 15 years of sliding time for 2019-1961=58 years and 58 / 4 = 14.5 but you need to round up for we on the 15th year but the 15th year has not completed.

Power of X: states its been only about 10 years of sliding time, but that assumes "The World" part is literally taking place in the 10th year and not instead in a 10th year epoch (which 13 or 15 are very much between an epoch of 10 to 20 and so on.)

------

Whatever it does not matter, one must give fictional comics, fictional books, and fictional our suspension of disbelief in order for us to immerse ourselves into them. We are not literally watching a gun fight on our tv screens, and we are able to still be immersed in it for we hyperfocus part of our attention and we turn off our brain that says pay attention to the rest of the world outside the tv screen. Sliding timescale timelines are like that, one must learn to enjoy them despite their inconsistencies. 🙃

30. - Top - End - #30

That list is a non-exhaustive list o the active X-Men.

You're looking at a list that not only includes people who died in the most recent run but people who have been dead since 2008. It's silly to assume that Velacidad and Blindfold are still dead.

As for the younger generation: Glob, No-Girl, Shark Girl and Rockslide are in the younger generation and are on the list.

As for the "ten years" thing... You're assuming that a Space-Farring civilization from several thousand years in the future uses the Gregorian Calendar. We measure a year based on how long it takes to revolve around the sun and how long it takes the planet to make a full rotation, neither of which works if people are off-world.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks