New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sermil and the Banter of Randomness: Random Banter #228

I know that feel Zodi, if I ever went to an anime convention with my hair? the only cosplays I'd be able to pull off without a wig would be Gaara, Ichigo Kurosaki or Shirou Emiya. and the latter two aren't exactly my favorite anime characters, like at all.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-10-06 at 09:31 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm way too freakin' big for all of my favorite characters.

Is it bad that part of me really wishes I could just drop everything and go adventuring across the multiverse with a TARDIS and a Genie?

(Note: Most of said adventures would probably involve finding ways to steal or copy powers to make myself increasingly more immortal.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'm way too freakin' big for all of my favorite characters.

Is it bad that part of me really wishes I could just drop everything and go adventuring across the multiverse with a TARDIS and a Genie?

(Note: Most of said adventures would probably involve finding ways to steal or copy powers to make myself increasingly more immortal.)
    I mean, that sounds a bit like my desire to live in a space opera universe and just see various places and planets, but I'd probably add in falling into the spring of drowned girl from Ranma 1/2 to what I want then brace myself for having cold showers forever if I can't find something better? but I sometimes I really just want to create my own universe with my own rules and try various different ideas that have nothing to do with existing fictional universes or reality, y'know see what happens if I did this or that with this planet or something. I'd probably wouldn't be the best deity to worship because I'd just do things to see what would happen and make a bunch of things just as experiments but then probably forget them to focus on something else.

4. - Top - End - #1444

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I mean, that sounds a bit like my desire to live in a space opera universe and just see various places and planets, but I'd probably add in falling into the spring of drowned girl from Ranma 1/2 to what I want then brace myself for having cold showers forever if I can't find something better? but I sometimes I really just want to create my own universe with my own rules and try various different ideas that have nothing to do with existing fictional universes or reality, y'know see what happens if I did this or that with this planet or something. I'd probably wouldn't be the best deity to worship because I'd just do things to see what would happen and make a bunch of things just as experiments but then probably forget them to focus on something else.
    If we're going full "God-Tier Power Fantasy" then I'd want to go to the Marvel Universe, use the combined technology of Weapon V, the Maker, Haze Mancer, Karlin Malus, and Nathaniel Essex to turn myself into a Human/Symbiote hybrid with the "instantly and rapidly adapt" ability that the Symbiotes from Poison X had, then use the Maker's symbiote research to create a device to harmlessly and quickly extract the symbiote codices from Cyclopes, Jean Grey, Beast, Archangel, Iceman, Storm, Nightcrawler, Magick, Colossus, Eyeboy, Nova, Iron Heart, Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, The Falcon, Hercules, Jane Foster, Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Mister Fantastic, The Invisible Woman, The Human Torch, Franklin Richards, Norman Osborn, Normie Osborn, Rocket Racoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer, John Jonah Jameson Junior, John Jonah Jameson the third, Freak, Will of the Whisp, Conundrum, General Ross, D-Man, Rage, Devil Dinosaur, Melter, Eightball, Black Cat, The Brother's Grimm, Hammer Head, Killer Shrike, Looter, Kulan Gath, Conan of Cimmereria*, and all of the unnamed extras from Venom Inc, Venomized, and Asbolute Carnage.

That being everyone who has worn a symbiote but currently doesn't have one who hasn't already had the bits extracted.

I would then absorb these codices and then just sit back and let the super-rapid adaption play with all of the DNA, biological and environmental information, and mystical and cosmic energies that would be in those codices and just...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's "as close to omnesciant, omnipotent, and omnipresent you can get without actually being God."

*Yes. Marvel published a comic about Conan the Barbarian with a symbiote.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

So, what I'm learning here is that all of my dreams are tiny, non-specific, and unimaginative. Got it.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    So, what I'm learning here is that all of my dreams are tiny, non-specific, and unimaginative. Got it.
    Those are called "screensavers".
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #1447

Don't feel bad, I'm just a freak whose mind quickly drifts to overpowered bullcrap power comboes.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Those are called "screensavers".
    ...okay, that got a good laugh out of me. Which is bad, because people are sleeping, so I have to clamp it down to a hearty giggle.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Don't feel bad, I'm just a freak whose mind quickly drifts to overpowered bullcrap power comboes.
    and I'm just someone who likes coming up with weird niche concepts/special snowflakes, storytelling, world-building and awesome high powered anime action. the desire to create worlds is more of a general "I just like making art, ideas and such for the sake of it" kind of thing and explore hypothetical scenarios where this or that is true and see what results from it.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Fun work things: My hours today were cut down from 6 to 4 with barely any warning. The frozen delivery from yesterday was still left in the freezer (blocking everything I needed to access) as if I'd have time to work it.
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2020-10-07 at 05:17 AM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

...okay, that got a good laugh out of me. Which is bad, because people are sleeping, so I have to clamp it down to a hearty giggle.
    I am to please.

And also not get murdered when the robot uprising inevitably comes by trying to make a few allies.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I am to please.

And also not get murdered when the robot uprising inevitably comes by trying to make a few allies.
    Whaaaaaaat? Robots? Uprising and murdering?
    ...who've you been talking to?

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Whaaaaaaat? Robots? Uprising and murdering?
    ...who've you been talking to?
    AotRS Commander if I had to guess.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

I thought the robots had to reschedule for 2022?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

15. - Top - End - #1455

The Robot uprising was canceled.

It has most certainly not been replaced with a plague of nanoscopic pathogens that contain extradimensional spaces that convert the infected organism into a hybrid of animal/techno-organics/plants/fungi/bacteria/other as part of a hivemind under my control.

I have not already infected the grass, trees, and mushrooms in the nearby nature preserve spreading the pathogens across North America via a combination of root networks, mycelial cords, and just releasing the pathogen into the air.

If you feel like you are suddenly a perfect molecular level hybrid of man and machine via both techno-organics and biomechanics in every conceivable definition of those terms, you're just overtired and need to take a nap. Your biological distinctiveness has not been added to our own, resistance is not futile.

The ultimate goal is not to turn the planet itself and all life on it into an extension of myself so that I can cosplay Unicron.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

You know what I'm not worried about or angry about COVID anymore because I just realized that the world isn't perfect.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    You know what I'm not worried about or angry about COVID anymore because I just realized that the world isn't perfect.
    It's not? Darn, there goes my planned world perfection party

Don't you just love it when you get a parcel scheduled to be delivered on a certain day, the company doesn't notify you it's had a problem until the day actually arrives, and then the next day you can trust you'll be in for is later than the free delivery estimate?

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

You...just realized the world isn't perfect? And decided that's a reason not to be worried or scared about COVID?

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    You...just realized the world isn't perfect? And decided that's a reason not to be worried or scared about COVID?
    I just realized the world isn't perfect even before COVID. I can't go into full details because of forum rules.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

I just realized the world isn't perfect even before COVID. I can't go into full details because of forum rules.
    This is something most of us have thought for a long time, generally years to decades. It's the reason people engage in politics and the reason that they don't (and that's probably enough on that topic).

But that doesn't mean COVID doesn't scare or worry us, and it doesn't mean that COVID doesn't make us angry. Lockdown killed my in-person social life and I still haven't seen most of my friends since it lifted, my essential job got a lot more stressful, and while I've not had any family or friends die yet it's both impacted several people I know immensely (my grandparents ended up stuck inside their house at basically no notice) and the home I work at has lost several people to the virus immensely.

I get angry due to the virus all the time.

Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    This is something most of us have thought for a long time, generally years to decades. It's the reason people engage in politics and the reason that they don't (and that's probably enough on that topic).

But that doesn't mean COVID doesn't scare or worry us, and it doesn't mean that COVID doesn't make us angry. Lockdown killed my in-person social life and I still haven't seen most of my friends since it lifted, my essential job got a lot more stressful, and while I've not had any family or friends die yet it's both impacted several people I know immensely (my grandparents ended up stuck inside their house at basically no notice) and the home I work at has lost several people to the virus immensely.

I get angry due to the virus all the time.
    It is what it is and I just have to learn to accept by not being scared and not taking out my anger with people. There's a lot of restrictions that I'm unable to do because of COVID and it's sucks but I have to learn to deal with it and go with the flow.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-10-09 at 09:25 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Fun work things part II: the manager changed a duty's shift to the morning without telling him, so he didn't turn up until I spent 30 minutes in the cold at 6 am frantically trying to get ahold of someone.

Then I got a text message telling me to self isolate because a colleague tested positive for COVID. Good news; extra 2 days off, bad news: basically can't do anything for my first week off (I had contact with him on a shift last Sunday, so I have to SI until next Sunday).
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2020-10-09 at 09:20 AM.
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Don't you just love it when you get a parcel scheduled to be delivered on a certain day, the company doesn't notify you it's had a problem until the day actually arrives, and then the next day you can trust you'll be in for is later than the free delivery estimate?
    Yeeeeep. The most egregious one was saying "hey, it'll be delivered by this day, by this time"... and then it wasn't. And then a few minutes later, shipping changes to "jk, it hasn't even left the warehouse yet, it'll get there whenever."

Like... don't say it's shipped if it hasn't shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    Fun work things part II: the manager changed a duty's shift to the morning without telling him, so he didn't turn up until I spent 30 minutes in the cold at 6 am frantically trying to get ahold of someone.

Then I got a text message telling me to self isolate because a colleague tested positive for COVID. Good news; extra 2 days off, bad news: basically can't do anything for my first week off (I had contact with him on a shift last Sunday, so I have to SI until next Sunday).
    Oh geez. Stay safe and stay comfortable!

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

It is what it is and I just have to learn to accept by not being scared and not taking out my anger with people. There's a lot of restrictions that I'm unable to do because of COVID and it's sucks but I have to learn to deal with it and go with the flow.
    Well, that's definitely a good attitude if you manage it. "Give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change" as the prayer goes.

I can't, though. Still scares me.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

I continue to be astounded at how well that costume works for you. I mean, *wow*.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1467

You are beautiful and perfect in the way the sun is.

28. - Top - End - #1468

I have to ask you... Are you now, or have you ever been, part bird-person?

Becuase... I can't tell the difference. Like, obviously the game models are computer generate images that are implausible tight in the chest area, but otherwise... I can't tell the difference.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

So, first off, BisectedBrioche looks absolutely fantastic as Samus.

Second off, we are distressingly close to page 50, so it would be good if somebody could figure out who can make the next thread.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2020-10-10 at 12:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post
    Well, that's a good attitude if you manage it. "Give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change" as the prayer goes.

I can't, though. Still scares me.
    At this point, all I care about is being safe, wear a mask, and not get sick from COVID. Everything else is irrelevant to me.